IMG_6460 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 255 of 358.
#12701 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

You’re welcome! I’m glad they worked out well. I did hear from a friend of mine that the busb covers around the scoop came loose. He used a drip of superglue gel to secure them. I hope they stay put for you!

Got mine today too -- thanks! They are a nice improvement over the bare bulbs. I noticed the shades are a bit loose as well, so I'm gonna glue 'em to make sure they don't vanish somewhere during gameplay.

#12702 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

No offence, but why did you continue to spend money with a company who you perceive to be not taking your claim seriously ?

I think that's a reasonable question that I ask myself often. For me, almost every manufacturer has been hit or miss for service (Spooky has been the only one that's been 100% great) but especially Stern. And yet, I still buy NIB from them despite swearing "Never again!". Why? Because it's either "Give that company who serves me poorly my business and get their game, or not...and not get that game". And they have games I really really want that I can't get used for a reasonable price. Contrast that to Ford and my local Ford dealer who did a TERRIBLE job with a new car I had - I plan to never buy a new Ford or use that dealer ever again. But it easier, because there are so many other options that I want equally or more.

I imagine when the used market calms down a bit I'll be more used-exclusive.

#12703 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Where do they sell these?

http://madvoodoo.com/

The webpage is a little funky at times, go to top middle of page, click on Pincaddy2.

#12704 1 year ago

Is this molex issue on the clock and the ramp a known issue on many games? I emailed Stern tech support before I read this post. No answer from them yet. All else of my game is working, just these two motors seem to not work. Thanks for any help you may provide.

#12705 1 year ago
eating-popcorn.gifeating-popcorn.gif
#12706 1 year ago
Quoted from Flips365:

Is this molex issue on the clock and the ramp a known issue on many games? I emailed Stern tech support before I read this post. No answer from them yet. All else of my game is working, just these two motors seem to not work. Thanks for any help you may provide.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-node-board-10-issues-and-non-issues-list#post-7330957 heres some info,not sure if it will Help

#12707 1 year ago

Duplicate

#12708 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

http://madvoodoo.com/
The webpage is a little funky at times, go to top middle of page, click on Pincaddy2.

thank you!!

#12709 1 year ago

So the LE Foo fighters has Expression Lights but they cant make the for Rush Premium or Pro .... how Dumb is that...

#12710 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

So the LE Foo fighters has Expression Lights but they cant make the for Rush .... how Dumb is that...

The LE for Rush also has them

#12711 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

i know that that wasn't the point

#12712 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

i know that that wasn't the point

I know, my point is that they want to make money. They will make more money selling them in a new wave of LE games, vs. selling separately as an add on.

#12713 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:I know, my point is that they want to make money. They will make more money selling them in a new wave of LE games, vs. selling separately as an add on.

Also it’s an incentive to spend (much more) to get the LE and have that day one vs having to wait a long time for the kit.

#12714 1 year ago

They have said to multiple distro that expression lights are coming for Rush, along with a topper. So I'm optimistically waiting like many.
I am grateful at least the Rush Pro has expression-ready cabinets. Looks like Rush was the last Stern pro to make expression lights even an option - this is based on FF being an option for prem only.

#12715 1 year ago

New gameroom art arrived. Thanks @pinballjah! Looks great!

20230303_065316 (resized).jpg20230303_065316 (resized).jpg
#12716 1 year ago
Screenshot_20230303_215010_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230303_215010_Facebook (resized).jpg
#12717 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

Hey there, sending you a PM. We'll absolutely take care of this for you. The issue you're showing is exactly what the V2 was intended to address.

Just a quick follow-up and shout out to OutpostKodelia and the others at Ninjacamp. As promised, replacement scoop protector received, and now installed. Great customer service!

#12718 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

New gameroom art arrived. Thanks pinballjah! Looks great!
[quoted image]

Got one as well. They look fantastic. Just haven't had time to hang it yet.

#12719 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Got one as well. They look fantastic. Just haven't had time to hang it yet.

Got one, you got two

#12720 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Got one, you got two

“Trio Combo......”

#12721 1 year ago

Ya know, it took forever for me to figure out what he was saying on that. "Rio Combo?" - did they play a concert in Rio? "Three-o Combo?" I guess that works but it's a weird way to say it. "Hero Combo?" Glad you think well of me but it wasn't that special...

#12722 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Ya know, it took forever for me to figure out what he was saying on that. "Rio Combo?" - did they play a concert in Rio? "Three-o Combo?" I guess that works but it's a weird way to say it. "Hero Combo?" Glad you think well of me but it wasn't that special...

Available on DVD, crazy crowd !!

Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 15.22.50 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-04 at 15.22.50 (resized).png
#12723 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Trio

#12724 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

[quoted image]

Love those South American crowds, so much energy... but they messed up the audio for Neil's drums on this recording so I don't watch it nearly as much as the other blurays.

#12725 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

So the LE Foo fighters has Expression Lights but they cant make the for Rush Premium or Pro .... how Dumb is that...

Quoted from yzfguy:

I've heard soon - Hopefully true.

All Rush accessories have been MiA for over a year now. Very frustrating and disappointing for sure.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12726 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Got one, you got two

One's not for me.

#12727 1 year ago

Finally broke a bill on Rush. When you get in the zone this game just flows and is such an amazing experience. I still have so much more room to grow on this game, it just keeps me coming back for more. My other games are getting ignored on the regular.

F98F7F2B-EA21-44A1-968D-A9A03206BFE2 (resized).jpegF98F7F2B-EA21-44A1-968D-A9A03206BFE2 (resized).jpeg
#12728 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

When you get in the zone this game just flows and is such an amazing experience.

Exactly! Add in one serious Rush fan and it's epic.

#12729 1 year ago

Still haven't broken the billion barrier, but getting there. After 400+ games it's still my favorite pin of all time.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12730 1 year ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Still haven't broken the billion barrier, but getting there. After 400+ games it's still my favorite pin of all time.[quoted image]

I know that game was fun. I remember that kind of fun when I got my GC of 598m. I've been struggling finding my flow and getting in that zone again.... Not sure what's changed but I'm sure I'll find my way back.

#12731 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

[quoted image]

It includes a great documentary on it too.

#12732 1 year ago

This game is incredible. I have been a Rush fan since my early teens and seen them live half a dozen times. This game has great flow, music and style. I've had the game since April 2022 and still haven't broken 489M. Damn.... The game is leveled left to right and set at 7.5 pitch, but man, those left and right drains just plain kill me. I even have my slings powered down to like 14, and it still loves to rebound off the slings and side drain. Maybe I just plain suck. I don't know, very frustrating.

#12733 1 year ago
Quoted from epeabs:

This game is incredible. I have been a Rush fan since my early teens and seen them live half a dozen times. This game has great flow, music and style. I've had the game since April 2022 and still haven't broken 489M. Damn.... The game is leveled left to right and set at 7.5 pitch, but man, those left and right drains just plain kill me. I even have my slings powered down to like 14, and it still loves to rebound off the pops and side drain. Maybe I just plain suck. I don't know, very frustrating.

I'm the same and I'm ok with the fact I may never blow the game up. Maybe I will one day but I still love the machine and Rush. It will never leave my basement.

If I want longer games I have a GZ.

#12734 1 year ago
Quoted from epeabs:

The game is leveled left to right and set at 7.5 pitch, but man, those left and right drains just plain kill me. I even have my slings powered down to like 14, and it still loves to rebound off the pops and side drain. Maybe I just plain suck. I don't know, very frustrating.

Interesting. There must be something going on, I don't feel like everything is side draining. The game has it's moments but no more than center drain.
I found if I can time it right and forward nudge and repeat nudge front to back fast that I can bounce the ball between the out lane rubber and the post rubber multiple times and I can often work the ball back to the in lane without tilting or even getting a warning, if I get the forward nudging motion going at the right time and just enough to jockey the ball away from that outlane.
It's right to left nudge that rocks the tilt bob the most and when Alex tells me to stop it!

The other thing is that I didn't do any leveling. Just plug in and play.
The leg bolts are all the way in, my floors are hard maple and level. I do have the back legs on some furniture sliders for easy moving, and helps absorb and soften my ability for nudging too I suppose, but nothing on the front so there will be some elevation in the back from those sliders.

These

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Sliders-4-Round-Furniture-Caster-Cup-Plastic-for-Hardwood-Brown-4-Pack/16782131
Screenshot_20230305-085248 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230305-085248 (resized).png

#12735 1 year ago

Drop your outlane posts and adjust your tilt bob a bit so you have more freedom to nudge. To me, it's not about blowing the game up and putting up billions. It would just be nice to get to some of the modes that require you to complete more stuff in the game.

Same goes for my SW, MET and IMDN. I'm not talking about setting them up super easy or setting them to 5 or 10 balls or anything crazy. They are all set to competition mode, no ramdomness, 3 balls, default ball save timers and extra balls. I've had some of these games for 3 or 4 years now and have not gotten to certain wizard modes yet.

When you do have that epic game and see some stuff you've never seen before you get a certain satisfaction and it keeps bringing you back to try and do it again. I have friends that own Deadpool that say "Oh, I beat the game multiple times", like it's so simple. As much as I like DP, I don't want my pins to be that easy. Kinda takes some of the fun out of it.

And for those waiting on expression lighting and toppers, I've been told by a reliable source that their release is imminent. You have to understand that Stern's focus is going to be on releasing new games (hello Foo Fighters) rather than accessories...

#12736 1 year ago
Quoted from epeabs:

This game is incredible. I have been a Rush fan since my early teens and seen them live half a dozen times. This game has great flow, music and style. I've had the game since April 2022 and still haven't broken 489M. Damn.... The game is leveled left to right and set at 7.5 pitch, but man, those left and right drains just plain kill me. I even have my slings powered down to like 14, and it still loves to rebound off the pops and side drain. Maybe I just plain suck. I don't know, very frustrating.

7.5 pitch is really steep. I'd try lowering the pitch. I've got mine at 6.5 - 6.6 and it's more than fast/challenging enough. Vespula ya gotta level your pins. Should be one of the first things you do when you get a game. I'd get something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Protractor-Electronic-Inclinometer-Magnetized-254%C3%9719%C3%9744-5/dp/B08CHCWXQ4/ref=asc_df_B08CHCWXQ4/

People are gonna say get this app on your phone or this little cube thing. Get whatever you want. The more surface area you measure, the more accurate it will be. As to how to level a game - search the forums, there's tons of posts on it

#12737 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Interesting. There must be something going on, I don't feel like everything is side draining. The game has it's moments but no more than center drain.
I found if I can time it right and forward nudge and repeat nudge front to back fast that I can bounce the ball between the out lane rubber and the post rubber multiple times and I can often work the ball back to the in lane without tilting or even getting a warning, if I get the forward nudging motion going at the right time and just enough to jockey the ball away from that outlane.
It's right to left nudge that rocks the tilt bob the most and when Alex tells me to stop it!
The other thing is that I didn't do any leveling. Just plug in and play.
The leg bolts are all the way in, my floors are hard maple and level. I do have the back legs on some furniture sliders for easy moving, and helps absorb and soften my ability for nudging too I suppose, but nothing on the front so there will be some elevation in the back from those sliders.
These
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Sliders-4-Round-Furniture-Caster-Cup-Plastic-for-Hardwood-Brown-4-Pack/16782131
[quoted image]

I tend not to nudge too much as it always seems like I do more harm than good. But that could also mean I just need more practice at it. But the side drains I see most often is back and forth off the slings and then drilling it into either outlane. No time to nudge those whatsoever.

Quoted from dzorbas:

Drop your outlane posts and adjust your tilt bob a bit so you have more freedom to nudge. To me, it's not about blowing the game up and putting up billions. It would just be nice to get to some of the modes that require you to complete more stuff in the game.
Same goes for my SW, MET and IMDN. I'm not talking about setting them up super easy or setting them to 5 or 10 balls or anything crazy. They are all set to competition mode, no ramdomness, 3 balls, default ball save timers and extra balls. I've had some of these games for 3 or 4 years now and have not gotten to certain wizard modes yet.
When you do have that epic game and see some stuff you've never seen before you get a certain satisfaction and it keeps bringing you back to try and do it again. I have friends that own Deadpool that say "Oh, I beat the game multiple times", like it's so simple. As much as I like DP, I don't want my pins to be that easy. Kinda takes some of the fun out of it.
And for those waiting on expression lighting and toppers, I've been told by a reliable source that their release is imminent. You have to understand that Stern's focus is going to be on releasing new games (hello Foo Fighters) rather than accessories...

I have my top posts tightened into the lowest position and have even tried removing my lower post rubber to prevent as much bouncing back and forth. It doesn't seem to help.

Maybe I will trying lessening my pitch as well. And then, practice, practice, practice.

#12738 1 year ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Vespula ya gotta level your pins. Should be one of the first things you do when you get a game. I'd get something like this: amazon.com link »
People are gonna say get this app on your phone or this little cube thing. Get whatever you want. The more surface area you measure, the more accurate it will be. As to how to level a game - search the forums, there's tons of posts on it

They ain't level from the factory and at the right pitch if I back all 4 feet all the way up so they are all the same all the way screwed in? I thought those were only needed when your floors aren't level.... If I'm wrong I'll check into this level you mentioned. But I will also say my game plays great, but maybe it could be better? Not sure I would know what better looks like.
I did raise the front left leg about 4 turns once and my scoop started ejecting down the middle about 1 of every 6 ejects where before it was always the right flipper. This wasn't cool, even though there's a ball save timer for that situation.

#12739 1 year ago

You've purchased a 7k pin. It's a $28 level. IMO I'd check it out

#12740 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

They ain't level from the factory and at the right pitch if I back all 4 feet all the way up so they are all the same all the way screwed in? I thought those were only needed when your floors aren't level.... If I'm wrong I'll check into this level you mentioned. But I will also say my game plays great, but maybe it could be better? Not sure I would know what better looks like.
I did raise the front left leg about 4 turns once and my scoop started ejecting down the middle about 1 of every 6 ejects where before it was always the right flipper. This wasn't cool, even though there's a ball save timer for that situation.

I can't tell if you're kidding, but if you aren't... No. The back legs will need to be adjusted higher than what you're describing.

#12741 1 year ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

You've purchased a 7k pin. It's a $28 level. IMO I'd check it out

And that's my cheap pin.
Lol. I cracked open my piggy bank and had just enough to get it. It's on the way. Free returns.

#12742 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I can't tell if you're kidding, but if you aren't... No. The back legs will need to be adjusted higher than what you're describing.

I'm not going to doubt the 20+ years of experience between you two guys.
Got that level on order now... Thanks!

#12743 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

They ain't level from the factory and at the right pitch if I back all 4 feet all the way up so they are all the same all the way screwed in? I thought those were only needed when your floors aren't level....

today only American Pinball designed their cabinets that way for level with feet all the way in. Every other game you have to adjust for pitch and level.

Give yourself about 3/4" on the front legs to start, and about 1.5" on the back. Then dial in based on the pitch you measure ON THE PLAYFIELD - not the glass.

Just keep track of how many half-turns you make when adjusting so you can adjust with some sanity. When doing left to right, I find about 4 of my short turns = 0.1 degree of change.

After your game is dialed in, spin the lock nut up against the bottom of the leg (it should be between the leveler foot and the leg) and snug up so the legs don't move.

#12744 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

today only American Pinball designed their cabinets that way for level with feet all the way in. Every other game you have to adjust for pitch and level.
Give yourself about 3/4" on the front legs to start, and about 1.5" on the back. Then dial in based on the pitch you measure ON THE PLAYFIELD - not the glass.
Just keep track of how many half-turns you make when adjusting so you can adjust with some sanity. When doing left to right, I find about 4 of my short turns = 0.1 degree of change.
After your game is dialed in, spin the lock nut up against the bottom of the leg (it should be between the leveler foot and the leg) and snug up so the legs don't move.

Perfect.
I got this now! Thanks for filling in the blanks for me and giving me a starting point and some perspective.
I'll get it side to side level and try pitch at the recommended 6.5 or 6.6 for Rush.

#12745 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Finally broke a bill on Rush. When you get in the zone this game just flows and is such an amazing experience. I still have so much more room to grow on this game, it just keeps me coming back for more. My other games are getting ignored on the regular.[quoted image]

Congrats. Got my first billion game this week too!
Love the game but it’s very humbling how you can score great one game and crash snd burn on the next one.

#12746 1 year ago

Well, I have lowered the pitch of the game to 6.5 and have installed one size larger post rubbers at left and right outlanes. I had my second best game today at 419M. Everyone has their own thoughts when it comes to outlane adjustments, difficulty settings, etc., but I would prefer a bit more of some longer ball times to make it more enjoyable for me. I think the changes I made today have helped in my eyes.

#12747 1 year ago

Getting the game level seems particularly important for Rush. For example before leveling mine the scoop would launch the ball to varied locations but after leveling it shoots it to the right flipper every time. I used a digital level and got it to 0.0 both near the flippers and at the top of the playfield, along with a 6.9 pitch.

#12748 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Thank you. I'm planning on installing the Mantis underneath and the Ninja Scoop up top. I've heard a few people wanting to try to see if they can make it work but I haven't heard back from anyone. Anyone out there that have both the Mantis and Ninja scoop installed?

just found the mantis protector, did anyone do this yet and report? mantis and ninja camp

#12749 1 year ago

My Premium came without the Stern scoop fix. I added it as soon as Stern made it available. My front scoop always shot to the middle of the right flipper. Just recently, it sent two balls SDTM randomly during a session. Checked under the playfield, and a few screws had loosened up on that metal subway with the downward kicker at the top. I rotated the scoop subway slightly colockwise and tightened it up. Working as expected again.

#12750 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

just found the mantis protector, did anyone do this yet and report? mantis and ninja camp

Not that I’ve seen reported. I was curious about this at the beginning, but NinjaCamp’s protector(v2), has been doing a great job, for my machine. I didn’t have any reason to revisit the idea, might be the same for others.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
There are 17,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 255 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/255 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.