20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 253 of 358.
#12601 1 year ago

I might change over to the light blue- I installed the purple, and they just blend in too much. The blue would be the perfect contrast.

#12602 1 year ago

I had purple titans on the stock flippers, I ordered some purple halos and installed them, was going to put on some new rings buuuuttt the purple/purple combo is growing on me.

3B80E57A-438B-4A79-B9C2-0C2EFEAB7BF9 (resized).jpeg3B80E57A-438B-4A79-B9C2-0C2EFEAB7BF9 (resized).jpeg
#12603 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

I think most of the new sterns known for 'deep code' do this in different ways, it's just knowing which levers to pull and focus on that brings the big scores. AIQ and GZ both are very similar in how they open up the deeper you get in the game.........if you play better!

The difference with Rush is how it has the most levers to pull that are something other than direct score. No other game has anything like "all game timers extended" or "+2 balls for all multiballs", which all together explode into that "what just happened here?!" feeling. AIQ is probably second in that department if you know the gem powers well. Godzilla isn't quite like that; its escalation is almost all numbers and multipliers; the powerups aren't all that impactful; the allies are temporary and the stuff like the tank or bridge multiball don't change throughout the game.

#12604 1 year ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Light blue titans. It's a good match imo.
[quoted image]

Same color with halos really pops.

#12605 1 year ago

Does anyone know if you can disable the ramp on the premium to stop the node board from melting itself?

#12606 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

Does anyone know if you can disable the ramp on the premium to stop the node board from melting itself?

You can disable it, but then you either need to wedge something under the ramp to hold it up for good shot flow, or you have to be ready to deal with a new dead-end shot that disabling the ramp creates since it will be down at all time. I can speak from experience that leaving the ramp as a dead end shot sucks.

#12607 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

The difference with Rush is how it has the most levers to pull that are something other than direct score. No other game has anything like "all game timers extended" or "+2 balls for all multiballs", which all together explode into that "what just happened here?!" feeling. AIQ is probably second in that department if you know the gem powers well. Godzilla isn't quite like that; its escalation is almost all numbers and multipliers; the powerups aren't all that impactful; the allies are temporary and the stuff like the tank or bridge multiball don't change throughout the game.

AIQ powering up avengers and pairing with gems is very similar, actually. More complex, but same concept. AIQ has the deep extra balls also. Maiden scoring in modes carries to 2M2M which can explode if done well, and has very deep advantages with soul shards being collected very similar to your "no game" comment. Godzilla definitely explodes when you blow up monster zero or planet X with all the stacking possible, and I believe there is a battle scoring attribute to the final wizard mode but I haven't been there yet personally.

I'm not trying to argue with you I love rush but it's not the only game that explodes when you get deeper into it, they all do this in their own way and that's part of the fun. Congrats on your Rush successes.........I got to 2078 on my best game so far and still haven't seen Cygnus 2 so I do appreciate the scoring well in the modes helps aspects.

#12608 1 year ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Light blue titans. It's a good match imo.
[quoted image]

I put this colour on my game as soon as I got it. I thought it matched really well.

For the Canadian folks, check out www.pinballleds.ca for rubber parts and bulbs and some other goodies. He does not discriminate, he will also ship to the US but he's based north of the border.

#12609 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

You can disable it, but then you either need to wedge something under the ramp to hold it up for good shot flow, or you have to be ready to deal with a new dead-end shot that disabling the ramp creates since it will be down at all time. I can speak from experience that leaving the ramp as a dead end shot sucks.

ok thanks. darn, I was hoping that if the ramp could be disabled it would default to "always up" oh well. thanks for the response.

#12610 1 year ago

Maiden scoring in modes carries to 2M2M which can explode if done well, and has very deep advantages with soul shards being collected very similar to your "no game" comment. ...
I'm not trying to argue with you I love rush but it's not the only game that explodes when you get deeper into it, they all do this in their own way and that's part of the fun.

True, good point there, I'm not familiar with the cards and shards in Maiden, so yes that is another example. I feel like Maiden doesn't have quite enough going on, though it's true I haven't gotten very deep into it (reached 2M2M and Cyborg a couple times each playing on location), so maybe there's more interesting stuff deeper into it that I haven't seen firsthand.

#12611 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I didn’t like looking at the bayonet sockets or the colored bands on the bulbs, so I made some quick lamp shades on my 3D printer since I’m too cheap to buy something to go over them.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5851327

So I gave these a go, and I had a horrible time printing Lamp_Shade_v1.stl. For my printer (AnkerMake M5) and the PLA I was using (Hatchbox PLA metallic shiny bronze loaned by a friend) it would always fall apart where the end started to curve in. I was able to (sloppily) increase the thickness in Blender and finally be able to print decent pieces. If I get the model cleaned up I'll see about uploading as a remix.

Thanks for making and publishing these models! The time machine domes look pretty cool in both natural PLA and clear. I may still tinker with the shade bases to cover up a bit more of Stern's sticker but these have been cool for me to use as material to learn more about 3D printing.

#12612 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

So I gave these a go, and I had a horrible time printing Lamp_Shade_v1.stl. For my printer (AnkerMake M5) and the PLA I was using (Hatchbox PLA metallic shiny bronze loaned by a friend) it would always fall apart where the end started to curve in. I was able to (sloppily) increase the thickness in Blender and finally be able to print decent pieces. If I get the model cleaned up I'll see about uploading as a remix.
Thanks for making and publishing these models! The time machine domes look pretty cool in both natural PLA and clear. I may still tinker with the shade bases to cover up a bit more of Stern's sticker but these have been cool for me to use as material to learn more about 3D printing.

I’m glad you were able to get some use out of them!

#12613 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I’m glad you were able to get some use out of them!

Oh yeah! Still debating if I like the clear or "frosted" better. This is the clear but it is a tough shot to get as the lights easily wash out the camera. Looks even better in person!
20230223_184436_029_saved.jpg20230223_184436_029_saved.jpg

#12614 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Oh yeah! Still debating if I like the clear or "frosted" better. This is the clear but it is a tough shot to get as the lights easily wash out the camera. Looks even better in person!
[quoted image]

Looks great! I printed in both natural PLA and clear PLA. I ended up going with clear.

#12615 1 year ago

Killed my last GC.. but I think I can squeeze out some more points on my next Rush session.

53092192-78B8-4B72-BC31-FCE0449DE98D.jpeg53092192-78B8-4B72-BC31-FCE0449DE98D.jpeg
#12616 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Killed my last GC.. but I think I can squeeze out some more points on my next Rush session.
[quoted image]

Who was that masked man???
Bill you are a menace to pinball machines everywhere.

#12617 1 year ago

I shipped out 25 sets of Rush lampshades yesterday. I have about five more free sets available. So if anyone else would like a free set, please place an order before they are gone.

095113FF-9660-41FC-BCDC-0308CAF5A8D0 (resized).jpeg095113FF-9660-41FC-BCDC-0308CAF5A8D0 (resized).jpeg
#12618 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

I shipped out 25 sets of Rush lampshades yesterday. I have about five more free sets available. So if anyone else would like a free set, please place an order before they are gone. [quoted image]

when do the free toppers ship

#12619 1 year ago

Looks like Foo is the next music pin from Stern

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/stern-pinball-teases-next-cornerstone-pinball-machine

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12620 1 year ago

I'm still holding out for a "oh btw - GZ and RUSH toppers are ready, along with EL, ships next week" notification on the trail of that teaser

#12621 1 year ago

So just installed pinwoofers. Awesome btw! Just seemed right for one of my all time favorite bands. How to I lower the pinball sounds?Basically I want the music to be louder than the pinball sounds & speech.

#12622 1 year ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

So just installed pinwoofers. Awesome btw! Just seemed right for one of my all time favorite bands. How to I lower the pinball sounds?Basically I want the music to be louder than the pinball sounds & speech.

In the settings there are two settings.. voice attenuation and music/ or sound attenuation. The lower the number, the louder that one will be.

#12623 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

when do the free toppers ship

They are free-ish compared to Sterns prices.

#12624 1 year ago

So the music & sound are as one volume? No way to seperate those? It's not terrible. I just want the music louder than the pinball sounds! Thx.

#12625 1 year ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

So the music & sound are as one volume? No way to seperate those? It's not terrible. I just want the music louder than the pinball sounds! Thx.

No in Rush settings area there's music attenuation and sound attenuation. To turn down sound levels increase the sound attenuation setting value

#12626 1 year ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Did you follow the settings guide on pinwoofer to set game levels to recommended? Then....
Have you played with Pinwoofer master volume, and backbox volume knobs ?

Here's the link.. blog page posted exactly 1 year ago today!
https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-stern-spike2-rush-amplifier-settings/

#12627 1 year ago

Oh Sweet sweet nectar, you’ve finally arrived!

773ED159-6585-43B4-A135-E70E031A1960 (resized).jpeg773ED159-6585-43B4-A135-E70E031A1960 (resized).jpeg

#12628 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

I shipped out 25 sets of Rush lampshades yesterday. I have about five more free sets available. So if anyone else would like a free set, please place an order before they are gone. [quoted image]

Damn! Way to go man! Making the world a better place

#12629 1 year ago

General set up question. When you send a ball through the bumpers and around the top and hit it with the upper right flipper held in the out position, do most of the time your shots go straight into the upper scoop? Mine used to work that way until I swapped all the rubber. Debating if I should go in and adjust the right flipper to re-create that set up.

#12630 1 year ago
Quoted from orangedude71:

General set up question. When you send a ball through the bumpers and around the top and hit it with the upper right flipper held in the out position, do most of the time your shots go straight into the upper scoop? Mine used to work that way until I swapped all the rubber. Debating if I should go in and adjust the right flipper to re-create that set up.

Yes, in general a held upper flipper should goto the side scoop.

#12631 1 year ago
Quoted from orangedude71:

Same here! It took me a week to figure out why it wasn't going in anymore!

#12632 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Same here! It took me a week to figure out why it wasn't going in anymore!

I think what’s actually happening is because the flipper rubber is brand new. It’s getting a little bounce off of it when it comes around. When I go slow around the upper loop, it still hits the upper scoop. I’m gonna play it out for a while but eventually, I may have to adjust the flipper a little.

#12633 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Oh Sweet sweet nectar, you’ve finally arrived!
[quoted image]

Yeah man, it took me a long time to receive the case of golden ale I ordered, but it is really tasty and worth the wait.

#12634 1 year ago

I ordered the Geddy and Alex guitars from a company called Axe Heaven. I had to get a little creative with mounting (very thin wire from stripped twist ties), but they look great.

IMG_7232 (resized).jpgIMG_7232 (resized).jpgIMG_7233 (resized).jpgIMG_7233 (resized).jpgIMG_7234 (resized).jpgIMG_7234 (resized).jpg
#12635 1 year ago
Quoted from Fuzzdaddy:

I ordered the Geddy and Alex guitars from a company called Axe Heaven. I had to get a little creative with mounting (very thin wire from stripped twist ties), but they look great.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice but they are on the wrong sides.lol

#12636 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Good eye

#12637 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

In the settings there are two settings.. voice attenuation and music/ or sound attenuation. The lower the number, the louder that one will be.

Ah. I'm thinking lower attenuation means lower volume. Thanks. And yes. I used pinwoofers recommended settings.

#12638 1 year ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Ah. I'm thinking lower attenuation means lower volume. Thanks. And yes. I used pinwoofers recommended settings.

You might think that, but it doesn't
I don't know what they were thinking, but try it out

#12639 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

You might think that, but it doesn't
I don't know what they were thinking, but try it out

My wonderful backwoods friend here is correct. "Lowering attenuation" is a double-negative, so it has the same result as multiplying two negative numbers together...you wind up with a positive result.

#12640 1 year ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

The pinball sounds are the main volume control, the attenuation adjust the music and speech +/- from that main control. So yes you can make the music and/or speech louder than the callouts and sound effects.

#12641 1 year ago

The pinball sounds are the main volume control, the attenuation adjust the music and speech +/- from that main control. So yes you can make the music and/or speech louder than the callouts and sound effects.

. I feel like we just went over this...

#12642 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

. I feel like we just went over this...

Somebody was sleeping during class, lol.

A visual example for Attenuation:

0 to -10 = louder

0 to +10 = softer(less loud)

The more positive attenuation you add, the more “padding” you’re putting on the sound, squeezing the signal to a trickle.

The less padding(more negative), takes away the squeezing of the signal, and opens it up more.

#12643 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

0 to -10 = louder
The more positive attenuation you add, the more “padding” you’re putting on the sound, squeezing the signal to a trickle.
The less padding(more negative), takes away the squeezing of the signal, and opens it up more.

I think the original question asked, he also had pinwoofer? I've found on every game, except rush, to set both settings to zero. But rush sounds better , to me, with music at -13, speech at -7

#12644 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

0 to -10 = louder

Please, don't squeeze the Charmin!

#12645 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I think the original question asked, he also had pinwoofer? I've found on every game, except rush, to set both settings to zero. But rush sounds better , to me, with music at -13, speech at -7

Interesting, that's quite different from the -5 recommend on each from PW. Curious now what your PW knobs are all set to. I know everyone's room and preferences/ears can be different and my Rush sounds amazing but maybe it can sound even better...I'd like to try your settings .

#12646 1 year ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Hey Slogan1111 - great to see you're up and running.

Also, it's quite pleasing to see accurate community advice!

It is important for guys to have a place to begin, but of course feel free to deviate depending on your preferences.

Thanks,

Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MT, Mon - Fri

PinWoofer Line (resized).jpgPinWoofer Line (resized).jpg

#12647 1 year ago

With all the fine tuning etc. I’m happy my pinwoofer can go to 11.

50AC2DDB-8ED5-4384-B7FF-4E73C8F56E14 (resized).jpeg50AC2DDB-8ED5-4384-B7FF-4E73C8F56E14 (resized).jpeg

#12648 1 year ago

I did not see it in a key post - but my shooter rod does not seem to be launching the ball far enough (it often takes 2-3 shots just to get it out of the lane). It does not look crooked or misaligned and as far as I can tell unscrewing the metal portion where the ball rests before launching and trying to "slide it back" isn't improving it much. Anything I'm missing?

#12649 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

True, but I couldn’t get them to work the other way around. Not quite anal enough to care.

#12650 1 year ago
Quoted from Fuzzdaddy:

True, but I couldn’t get them to work the other way around. Not quite anal enough to care.

They look good,I was just giving You the business.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 253 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/253 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.