IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 358.
#12551 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Sorry if I missed this but I just joined the club a week ago.
What’s the issue with the upper loop?
Thanks.

fast shots dont register. Seems to affect most games. There are multiple fixes but i went with the ninjacamp one and it seems to do the job

#12552 1 year ago

Sorry if I missed this but I just joined the club a week ago.
What’s the issue with the upper loop?
Thanks.

Hard shots some times don’t register on the upper loop

#12553 1 year ago

Once I finally noticed it mine was maybe 3 out of 10 register and almost every super fast one, which for me is about every single one. The ninja camp it's simple, easy install, and effective.
What you don't see is another straight piece on the opposite side of the curve just as you turn the bend. The curved piece has been known to slide a little bit over time so on the back side lower piece Just put a couple tiny pieces of double-sided alien tape so it adheres to the back side of the rail and won't move.
Mine had shooter rattle really bad, so I got the three-piece set which includes another straight piece to help keep the ball in line that you place about halfway up on the left side of the shooter lane and it works excellent so if you do have shooter rattle go ahead and get the three-piece kit instead of the two-piece orbit fix kit. Not everybody needs the shooter lane, it's just my experience but it took a regular annoyance and made it go away so I could focus on rocking out and enjoying the flow of the game. Well done ninjacamp.
Screenshot_20230220-193631 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230220-193631 (resized).png

#12554 1 year ago

I have a 3D printer so my loop fix is basically free. I'll have to check to see if mine slides over time, but it is rigid and a pretty tight fit, so i'll be surprised if it moves. I also printed my own TPU scoop protectors, but have yet to install them. I've found that even with the beefy Stern scoop protector, I still hit the shot pretty regularly.

I do need to take some measurements and make a quick and dirty 3d file for the shooter lane fix. If i had to guess by the photos, it looks like it is maybe .8mm thick. If anyone has one that they made that they can measure the thickness, that would be cool. Not looking to direct copy someone else's design that they sell.

#12555 1 year ago

My choice for the scoop protector was the ninjacamp full upper and lower scoop protector, and I've really been happy with that choice. But a couple of nights ago, I was in the middle of a great game and in multiball when a ball got stuck in the lower scoop. I was kind of baffled, as that's never happened before, but when the dust settled after multiball was over I saw that the protector had succumbed to the beating from the balls and failed. I still think it's a great solution to protect the scoops, and I know they don't market it as a lifetime solution, but I reached out to them through Pinside PM and haven't heard back as of yet. So if your listening (reading) these posts, please let me know if you're still replacing the original protector with the updated protector under warranty. I don't want to play the game without a scoop protector solution. Here's a pic of the failure...

20230219_003540.jpg20230219_003540.jpg
#12556 1 year ago

Thought I had noticed some weird lighting flickering issue on mine that I just picked up this past weekend. It was a show game July 2022 build with about 600 plays but I’ve only put about 20 to 30 games on it, tops. Saw this post and checked my machine while I was under the playfield checking the other over crimped wire issue on the motor. Those wires to the motor were not damaged. But sure enough I did find one wire under the flipper assembly that the had rubbed away the wire insulation and the stranded wire was exposed. Wrapped it with electrical tape and put a couple layers of electrical tape over the wires to protect them from the metal flipper housing better.
Magicman
Thanks for the post!
[quoted image]

Glad I could be of some help.

#12557 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicman:

My choice for the scoop protector was the ninjacamp full upper and lower scoop protector, and I've really been happy with that choice. But a couple of nights ago, I was in the middle of a great game and in multiball when a ball got stuck in the lower scoop. I was kind of baffled, as that's never happened before, but when the dust settled after multiball was over I saw that the protector had succumbed to the beating from the balls and failed. I still think it's a great solution to protect the scoops, and I know they don't market it as a lifetime solution, but I reached out to them through Pinside PM and haven't heard back as of yet. So if your listening (reading) these posts, please let me know if you're still replacing the original protector with the updated protector under warranty. I don't want to play the game without a scoop protector solution. Here's a pic of the failure...
[quoted image]

It’ll be interesting when you replace it to see how the wood and clear coat are holding up with that solution. Do you know how many games it has been on there for?

#12558 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicman:

[quoted image]

My black V1 did the same and they sent a replacement immediately no questions asked. PMd the OutpostKodelia handle and Kaydee responded right away. Maybe try again or try the Ninjacamp mods thread?

#12559 1 year ago

First 12 sets going out hopefully today. I still have to make more a few more though to fill the requests.

Quoted from Xdetroit:

Haha you are all my friends. These files have been made available and anyone that has access to a 3D printer can make them. If you don’t have access and you want these, I’d be happy to make them for you. I’ve made a few sets for some people who liked them. They are available in my pinside shop for free. There is a small shipping fee but I’m happy to do it.
Thanks to Bigguybbr for designing these and making the files available to the community.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1477-slipstream-pinball-mods/07868-free-rush-bulb-covers-and-sleeves-
[quoted image]

040F561C-DF3B-4C2A-8F2F-10CFCF722FF3 (resized).jpeg040F561C-DF3B-4C2A-8F2F-10CFCF722FF3 (resized).jpeg
#12560 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

First 12 sets going out hopefully today. I still have to make more a few more though to fill the requests.
[quoted image]

Those kits are supposed to be 2 short domes and 1 tall? They look random in your picture, or maybe it's just a photo op and I'm paying too much attention to detail..
either way giving these out for just 5 bucks shipping is very generous to the community.

#12561 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicman:

[quoted image]

Aniraf OutpostKodelia

Either of these two will take care of you, great team and customer service. Though, all of us keep them pretty busy, lol.

V1 had issues they’re aware of, V2 has been holding strong.

#12562 1 year ago

Thanks. 3D printing is very enjoyable to me. The containers each have complete sets in them. There are 3 gold bulb covers for the exposed bulbs on the scoop (2) and one for the left ramp. And 3 clear domes with gold trim rings for the Time Machine. The shop orders help me to keep the requests straight. The container and shipping will eat the $5 I think. I’ll find out when I go to the post office

Edit: I think you’re seeing the domes not fully seated into the trim rings. The 3 Time Machine domes are the same height.

Quoted from Vespula:

Those kits are supposed to be 2 short domes and 1 tall? They look random in your picture, or maybe it's just a photo op and I'm paying too much attention to detail..
either way giving these out for just 5 bucks shipping is very generous to the community.

#12563 1 year ago

I started to experience a slow backwards rolling ball hang up, on the inner loop switch, within the last two weeks. Didn’t happen very often, but noticing it more lately.

As is, the remedy would be to pull the glass(not ideal during a game) or shake the machine(causing either tilt warnings and/or extra “cheat” points), to get the ball loose.

There’s a couple of options out there, the MRS being one that would eliminate the wire of the switch.

I went a different route, since I had some washers on hand. I used two #8 washers stacked, between the switch base and bottom of playfield. I placed them under the screw closest to the switch hole, since all I wanted to do, was lower the switch wire down a bit, to eliminate hang ups.

My switch activates fine, so didn’t want to attempt bending and repositioning it, if I didn’t need to. If doing this, keep an eye on the switch wire when reinstalling, make sure the wire sits in the middle of the slot hole, not rubbing either side. It’s easy for it to shift while you’re tightening things down.

Happy to report, still registers each pass, with no hang ups since. Will report back after more time passes.

Washers were from PBL I just happen to have on hand.

#12564 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

It’ll be interesting when you replace it to see how the wood and clear coat are holding up with that solution. Do you know how many games it has been on there for?

Mine has been on for 800+ plays and looks perfect still. I put mylar in front of and down inside each scoop.

#12565 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

3D printing is very enjoyable to me.

Don't want to stray off topic too much, but I recently invented a new 3D-printed tool for setting the pitch on pinball machines using a bubble level - check it out in my video, and I've posted the STL file on my blog (linked from the video) so you can print your own!

#12566 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

I started to experience a slow backwards rolling ball hang up, on the inner loop switch, within the last two weeks. Didn’t happen very often, but noticing it more lately.
As is, the remedy would be to pull the glass(not ideal during a game) or shake the machine(causing either tilt warnings and/or extra “cheat” points), to get the ball loose.
There’s a couple of options out there, the MRS being one that would eliminate the wire of the switch.
I went a different route, since I had some washers on hand. I used two #8 washers stacked, between the switch base and bottom of playfield. I placed them under the screw closest to the switch hole, since all I wanted to do, was lower the switch wire down a bit, to eliminate hang ups.
My switch activates fine, so didn’t want to attempt bending and repositioning it, if I didn’t need to. If doing this, keep an eye on the switch wire when reinstalling, make sure the wire sits in the middle of the slot hole, not rubbing either side. It’s easy for it to shift while you’re tightening things down.
Happy to report, still registers each pass, with no hang ups since. Will report back after more time passes.
Washers were from PBL I just happen to have on hand.

this is helpful, I have only had this happen a couple times literally off an odd hit... I did enable my coin door open to avoid tilt and ball save in settings for moments like this, but now I wonder if the tilt warnings are still registered even with the coin door open and all that is prevented is a drain? Dont use it enough to know this subtle detail.

#12567 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

These files have been made available and anyone that has access to a 3D printer can make them.
Thanks to Bigguybbr for designing these and making the files available to the community.

You had said in your earlier post that you had remixed Bigguybbr's files a bit? I don't see any remixes from his files on thingiverse. Have you posted the stl files online?

#12568 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicman:

[quoted image]

Hey there, sending you a PM. We'll absolutely take care of this for you. The issue you're showing is exactly what the V2 was intended to address.

#12569 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

You had said in your earlier post that you had remixed Bigguybbr's files a bit? I don't see any remixes from his files on thingiverse. Have you posted the stl files online?

I updated my thinigverse post with a base for the bulbs I made. It’s a little different from Xdetroit did. Both work and are a visual improvement. He’s just nicer than I am and helps print for others

#12570 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I updated my thinigverse post with a base for the bulbs I made. It’s a little different from Xdetroit did. Both work and are a visual improvement. He’s just nicer than I am and helps print for others

Yeah, if Xdetroit made alterations as well I'd like to have the options to choose from! Not that I have any gold filament at the moment... If you guys want to give tips on what brand you're using I'm happy to take recs!

And thanks to both for putting these together! I'd still like to get some of the fancier time machine mods but this can hold me over til tax refund hits.

#12571 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Yeah, if Xdetroit made alterations as well I'd like to have the options to choose from! Not that I have any gold filament at the moment... If you guys want to give tips on what brand you're using I'm happy to take recs!
And thanks to both for putting these together! I'd still like to get some of the fancier time machine mods but this can hold me over til tax refund hits.

This was the filament I used.

https://www.amazon.com/iBOSS-Filament-Printing-Dimensional-Accuracy/dp/B0B49GSPT8

#12572 1 year ago

Haha that’s the same gold filament I’m Using. I like the iBoss filament.

Yeah, the first release did not have the gold bases around the clear domes. I added that detail and then Bigguybbr added the them to his thingverse files. I have never uploaded anything there. I can upload my gold ring. It’s almost the same but mines a little taller. Just by a few mm

Quoted from bigguybbr:

This was the filament I used.
amazon.com link »

#12573 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Haha that’s the same gold filament I’m Using. I like the iBoss filament.
Yeah, the first release did not have the gold bases around the clear domes. I added that detail and then Bigguybbr added the them to his thingverse files. I have never uploaded anything there. I can upload my gold ring. It’s almost the same but mines a little taller. Just by a few mm

Cool, thanks guys for the filament link. If making the rings taller was all that was done I think I can manage that. I was thinking of trying to widen the base a bit too, try and cover up more of the Stern sticker detail that would already be mostly covered. Will post back with how things go!

#12574 1 year ago

I went trying to find it in this thread, but I may have just had the lowest score on ball 1 so far. Drained out the left out lane with 00 points, had a ball save auto plunge, hit everything except targets, and gave me pity points.

15,700........was so in shock, I didn’t even take a picture.

All because I showed my TF some attention, this game can be a jealous b*+#%

#12575 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

Hey there, sending you a PM. We'll absolutely take care of this for you. The issue you're showing is exactly what the V2 was intended to address.

And indeed I received the PM and they will be replacing my broken V-1 protector with a new V-2 protector. Now that's what I call great service!

#12576 1 year ago

Is there any way to know which version one has?

#12577 1 year ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

V2 has a bigger diameter at the join between the lower and upper scoop protectors.

#12578 1 year ago

If you purchased before 4/12/22 you almost certainly have the old one. The easiest way to tell them apart visually is that the V2's have a third L shaped tab that screws down under the playfield. If you have that, you're already set. If not, then PM me.

#12579 1 year ago

9.6 Billion game tonight. Got through both the Cygnus books and ended at year 2106. I had maybe 4 extra balls. I still don't feel like I have any idea what I am doing in this game. There is so much going on. My previous high score was 1.6 billion or so. I have frequent games under 50 million too.

#12580 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicman:

And indeed I received the PM and they will be replacing my broken V-1 protector with a new V-2 protector. Now that's what I call great service!

Agreed! I just found out mine was broken in the same place and a new one is coming right away. Fantastic mod and great people behind it.

Get rid of the sandwich!

#12581 1 year ago

If you purchased before 4/12/22 you almost certainly have the old one. The easiest way to tell them apart visually is that the V2's have a third L shaped tab that screws down under the playfield. If you have that, you're already set. If not, then PM me.

Ah my order was 2022-03-22 so looks like I have the old one, I'll pm you.

#12582 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I still don't feel like I have any idea what I am doing in this game.

Preach!

#12583 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

9.6 Billion game tonight. Got through both the Cygnus books and ended at year 2106. I had maybe 4 extra balls. I still don't feel like I have any idea what I am doing in this game. There is so much going on. My previous high score was 1.6 billion or so. I have frequent games under 50 million too.

This game really escalates and explodes after you get a ways into the gameplay. There are a lot of extra balls that are quite a far distance from the start button - 50 time machine years, 68 ramps, and 5 albums. But once you start getting those, they snowball through into the rest of them. Same goes for the time machine upgrades.

The best thing you can do to make that escalation happen sooner is to get the 10 time machine years for every one of the planet modes, for scoring 100 million. Before starting it, take the time to shoot more records to somewhere around +60% to +80% value, and get more records on the right color, particularly for modes that concentrate a lot of scoring on one shot (left orbit and loop for Working Man, dead end for Spirit of Radio, loop for La Villa Strangiato.)

Once you start getting the time machine upgrades that make the multiballs better, then what happens is you can complete a mode during the multiball, and keep going to shoot more records to light the next one. Particularly once you get the Super Records time machine upgrade, you can be into like +150% mode scores before you even realize it. And you have two more rainbow records placed from finishing that mode and lighting the next one, so now a bunch of shots are at 3x or 4x going into the next mode, on top of that +150%. And then suddenly you're scoring 400 million on Limelight out of nowhere.

And then Cygnus book 2 blows it up all over again - those bloated mode scores feed into the jackpot value here, that gets multiplied *again* by each of the rainbow records.

#12584 1 year ago

the v2 piece also has a small tab with a screw hole that is captured on the underside of the playfield (on that right edge) that helps prevent the protector from being [pulled] into scoop area to help prevent stress and tearing on it.

#12585 1 year ago

has anyone put down mylar in front of the downward facing scoop?

I noticed on a few routed machines that the balls that launch out are getting airborne and neil's face ends up taking a beating.

#12586 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

I went trying to find it in this thread, but I may have just had the lowest score on ball 1 so far. Drained out the left out lane with 00 points, had a ball save auto plunge, hit everything except targets, and gave me pity points.
15,700........was so in shock, I didn’t even take a picture.
All because I showed my TF some attention, this game can be a jealous b*+#%

I know a few times I've played I've seen the score 21,120 come up on screen. Can't remember if that was the lowest I had scored or if that was the bonus but I was under the impression that 21,120 was the minimum one could score, outside of completely tilting out. I'm disappointed that we can actually score lower.

#12587 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

This game really escalates and explodes after you get a ways into the gameplay. There are a lot of extra balls that are quite a far distance from the start button - 50 time machine years, 68 ramps, and 5 albums. But once you start getting those, they snowball through into the rest of them. Same goes for the time machine upgrades.
The best thing you can do to make that escalation happen sooner is to get the 10 time machine years for every one of the planet modes, for scoring 100 million. Before starting it, take the time to shoot more records to somewhere around +60% to +80% value, and get more records on the right color, particularly for modes that concentrate a lot of scoring on one shot (left orbit and loop for Working Man, dead end for Spirit of Radio, loop for La Villa Strangiato.)
Once you start getting the time machine upgrades that make the multiballs better, then what happens is you can complete a mode during the multiball, and keep going to shoot more records to light the next one. Particularly once you get the Super Records time machine upgrade, you can be into like +150% mode scores before you even realize it. And you have two more rainbow records placed from finishing that mode and lighting the next one, so now a bunch of shots are at 3x or 4x going into the next mode, on top of that +150%. And then suddenly you're scoring 400 million on Limelight out of nowhere.
And then Cygnus book 2 blows it up all over again - those bloated mode scores feed into the jackpot value here, that gets multiplied *again* by each of the rainbow records.

So I think what you’re saying here is play better?

#12589 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I did a small amount of mylar on both scoops on top of the ninja protectors. That was about 500 plays ago, and with no problems.

#12590 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

I know a few times I've played I've seen the score 21,120 come up on screen. Can't remember if that was the lowest I had scored or if that was the bonus but I was under the impression that 21,120 was the minimum one could score, outside of completely tilting out. I'm disappointed that we can actually score lower.

21,120 is the default bonus if you somehow do nothing to score any bonus at all. That would at least mean hitting no bumpers (drum clock minutes score bonus) or record shots (score color-matching bonus.)

Quoted from PinballHaven:

So I think what you’re saying here is play better?

Heh. I'm saying how Rush particularly rewards playing better with a huge amount of stacking and escalating modifiers as you go, more than any other game. Other games like Godzilla also do this in the escalating numbers but not nearly as much in the powerup perks.

#12591 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I noticed on a few routed machines that the balls that launch out are getting airborne and neil's face ends up taking a beating.

Ya, I put mylar down about 1.5 " in front and down into the scoops when I installed the ninja protector

#12592 1 year ago

Yikes. I ordered April 13th and it was shipped April 19th. Wondering if I just got in under the wire...

#12593 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yikes. I ordered April 13th and it was shipped April 19th. Wondering if I just got in under the wire...

Did you have the little tab that goes down under the bottom scoop and attaches to a screw? That is the newer one.

#12594 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I put Pin Monks mylar in and Ninja Camp scoop sleeves and protectors. Great combo IMO.

#12595 1 year ago

I just installed my scoop protectors and love it!! Quick question….I’m now getting SDTM drains from the front scoop. Do you think I might have tightened the scoop down at a bad angle?

#12596 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

21,120 is the default bonus if you somehow do nothing to score any bonus at all. That would at least mean hitting no bumpers (drum clock minutes score bonus) or record shots (score color-matching bonus.)

Heh. I'm saying how Rush particularly rewards playing better with a huge amount of stacking and escalating modifiers as you go, more than any other game. Other games like Godzilla also do this in the escalating numbers but not nearly as much in the powerup perks.

I think most of the new sterns known for 'deep code' do this in different ways, it's just knowing which levers to pull and focus on that brings the big scores. AIQ and GZ both are very similar in how they open up the deeper you get in the game.........if you play better!

#12597 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

I just installed my scoop protectors and love it!! Quick question….I’m now getting SDTM drains from the front scoop. Do you think I might have tightened the scoop down at a bad angle?

That's usually the cause. Most people are able to resolve this by loosening the screws that mount the scoops underneath, rotating it as much as you can such that the front of the mech is tweaked slightly more to the right, then resecuring the screws. Playing with the coil power can help too. Also double check that the tab at the front of the protector is sitting flush against the underside of the playfield... sometimes it's out of place and the ball will graze it on the way out.

#12598 1 year ago

Check out our snowfall warning time stamp!

0187DEB7-D70A-4FF7-9065-8FE27F146324 (resized).png0187DEB7-D70A-4FF7-9065-8FE27F146324 (resized).png
#12599 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I put down the piece from PinMonk, and then the NC protector on top of it, since day 1. No issues so far, little under 300 games.

#12600 1 year ago

Light blue titans. It's a good match imo.

20230222_193144 (resized).jpg20230222_193144 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/252?hl=diablorush and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.