IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 251 of 358.
#12501 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Just curious how much everyone has spent on mods for Rush. I'm fairly conservative so I think I've only spent about $750-800. Of course, a big chunk of that was the Pinwoofers.

I pretty much have everything HayFarmer has. He's a horrible influence lol jk Thanks to him now all my pins get Pinwoofer setup.

#12502 1 year ago

My favorite mods are the NinjaCamp lights that tie into the expression lights. They're speaker lights, under cabinet lights, and backbox lights really add to the experience.

Pinwoofer audio equipment is a very very close close second if not tied for a must have in my book.

Pinside_forum_7410358_3252316 (resized).pngPinside_forum_7410358_3252316 (resized).png
#12503 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Just curious how much everyone has spent on mods for Rush. I'm fairly conservative so I think I've only spent about $750-800. Of course, a big chunk of that was the Pinwoofers.

I've purposely held back because I'm an absolute sucker and knew I was going to buy a topper and expression lights for whatever Stern told me I was going to pay.

Once those come to fruition, then I'll start looking toward sound and the NinjaCamp expression lighting enhancements!

#12504 1 year ago

Anyone know what size the sling rubbber is?
Just noticed mine is chewed up and about to break off

CAF5F290-BE0F-4FE4-9E05-2CBAEE2F45CB (resized).jpegCAF5F290-BE0F-4FE4-9E05-2CBAEE2F45CB (resized).jpeg
#12505 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Just noticed mine is chewed up and about to break off

2 inches is standard but 2.5 inches will work.

#12506 1 year ago

Dupe

#12507 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Thus far only $100 on my Pro, basically the Pinsound adapter and a small Fosil amp to let me connect some old tower speakers and a sub. I'm not sure if I'm going to spend anything more as I'm finding I like the basic clean look of the Pro models more and more. Guess I'll see when the topper and expression lights come out.

#12508 1 year ago

Here's a freebie for anyone who wants to make their own -- the Rush Multiball Tracker!

My test parts for this handy little tool have been sitting on my desk for literally six months, so I finally decided to finish it up today.

MBTracker2 (resized).jpgMBTracker2 (resized).jpg

Reference the original post / pitch here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/168#post-7046893

Back in the early code, there was no way to keep track of what Multiball modes you'd played so far. You need to know, so that you can play all six, working toward Cygnus X-1 Book 1. Eventually, after lots of pleading from owners, the programmers finally added a screen in the Instant Info to tell you which multiball modes you'd played.

With that update, there wasn't much need/desire for my fun little tool, so I never bothered to finish it or put it in my shop.

Personally, I like the idea of not having to pause the game to access the info! So I finished the Multiball Tracker this evening and tried it out -- I really like it!
Start a multiball, close the window, and see at a quick glance which modes still remain.

MBTracker1 (resized).jpgMBTracker1 (resized).jpg

I've posted this on Thingiverse as a freebie (not for resale). Print and assemble your own!
1) 3D print the housing and six tabs in the color(s) of your choice
2) Print the icon strip on regular paper -- image should be sized to 4.062" in length
3) Glue/adhere the icon strip to a piece of magnet sheet -- the type with an adhesive upper surface will work best!
4) Glue the housing to the magnet/icon sheet combo, using super glue along the edges and the 'beams' between the windows
5) Insert the tabs oriented so the raised piece can be 'dragged' open or closed!

Link to STL files on Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5861773

Icon strip:
MultiballTrackerIcons (resized).jpgMultiballTrackerIcons (resized).jpg

#12509 1 year ago

Just noticed my lower scoop is loose and shifting slightly when I hit it... Anyone else had to tighten up their scoop so it doesn't move? If so, is it just a matter of some screws or nuts underneath?
I remember seeing someone post a picture of a broken scoop that had to be welded and I'm hoping that's not the case for me. Thanks

#12510 1 year ago

Just noticed mine is chewed up and about to break off [quoted image]

This is why I put in short post rubbers under the sling bands.

#12511 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Just noticed my lower scoop is loose and shifting slightly when I hit it... Anyone else had to tighten up their scoop so it doesn't move? If so, is it just a matter of some screws or nuts underneath?
I remember seeing someone post a picture of a broken scoop that had to be welded and I'm hoping that's not the case for me. Thanks

I haven’t experienced that, you’ll need to investigate. Hopefully it’s just loose nuts, if it’s the other, you’ll want to address it ASAP.

#12512 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

If the screws won't tighten, there's only 4, remove them one at a time, and put a short piece of toothpick in to take up the slack. About a 5 minute job

#12513 1 year ago

11-months and still no resolution from Stern about the Node-10 failure issue. Absolutely sucks a Donkey Ass that my game has been defective after 25-plays!!!

#12514 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Yes, there are threaded screws you need to retighten. After coming loose a couple times, I finally put a little bit of thread locker on the threads.

Sorry, these instructions are for the metal bracket with the rubber nubs around the scoop, not the scoop itself.

#12515 1 year ago

Where is the best place to buy new cabinet decals for the head ?

#12516 1 year ago
Quoted from Vaughn:

Where is the best place to buy new cabinet decals for the head ?

Go through your distro. Easiest way to get them.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12517 1 year ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Can we be friends?

Haha you are all my friends. These files have been made available and anyone that has access to a 3D printer can make them. If you don’t have access and you want these, I’d be happy to make them for you. I’ve made a few sets for some people who liked them. They are available in my pinside shop for free. There is a small shipping fee but I’m happy to do it.

Thanks to Bigguybbr for designing these and making the files available to the community.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1477-slipstream-pinball-mods/07868-free-rush-bulb-covers-and-sleeves-
09FF5826-9066-42A1-B04E-8B8A6292CF81 (resized).jpeg09FF5826-9066-42A1-B04E-8B8A6292CF81 (resized).jpeg

#12518 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Haha you are all my friends. These files have been made available and anyone that has access to a 3D printer can make them. If you don’t have access and you want these, I’d be happy to make them for you. I’ve made a few sets for some people who liked them. They are available in my pinside shop for free. There is a small shipping fee but I’m happy to do it.
Thanks to Bigguybbr for designing these and making the files available to the community.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1477-slipstream-pinball-mods/07868-free-rush-bulb-covers-and-sleeves-

This is incredibly generous, wow! Thanks for doing this!!

#12519 1 year ago

Apron cards complete..

20230218_180312 (resized).jpg20230218_180312 (resized).jpg
#12520 1 year ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Apron cards complete..[quoted image]

Very cool. I'd like to see Rush in the middle. And exit stage left girl looking towards the shooter. Great choices.

#12521 1 year ago

Still waiting for a spark of creativity to fill this void! Come on all you 3D printing masters....

IMG_20230218_214056 (resized).jpgIMG_20230218_214056 (resized).jpg
#12522 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Still waiting for a spark of creativity to fill this void! Come on all you 3D printing masters....
[quoted image]

Just a printed pic under the apron. I don't use the IC, so don't care that it covers it.

20230218_184841 (resized).jpg20230218_184841 (resized).jpg
#12523 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just a printed pic under the apron. I don't use the IC, so don't care that it covers it.[quoted image]

Ha! I put the starman down there. Much better than that obnoxious white square.

#12524 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just a printed pic under the apron. I don't use the IC, so don't care that it covers it.[quoted image]

Same here, did the same thing with a picture. Don't feel a need to have Stern monitoring my poor pinball play.

#12525 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Ha! I put the starman down there. Much better than that obnoxious white square.

Pics???

#12526 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Same here, did the same thing with a picture. Don't feel a need to have Stern monitoring my poor pinball play.

Pics??

#12527 1 year ago

Well, had to go down and take a quick pic. Thanks for asking...

20230218_224310 (resized).jpg20230218_224310 (resized).jpg
#12528 1 year ago

How about a turning steampunk gear?

Quoted from Enchantress:

[quoted image]

#12529 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

11-months and still no resolution from Stern about the Node-10 failure issue. Absolutely sucks a Donkey Ass that my game has been defective after 25-plays!!!

F*n ridiculous. How have they not addressed this?

#12530 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

How about a turning steampunk gear?

That’s where my thought was!

#12531 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

That’s where my thought was!

I know someone that could probably make one of those haha. We just be a miniature version of the ones on my topper

#12532 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

F*n ridiculous. How have they not addressed this?

They have kind of, just not full force yet. That guy’s gone through 3-4 Node boards, supposedly did the Pinside suggested fix before his last board, but it blew again. People have asked for pics, just to see what was done, in case something wasn’t correct. Still pending the pictures.

I feel for the guy, but also the more documentation that gets out, the better this can be addressed.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12533 1 year ago

Around 1000 plays and the rings were looking beat. I ordered blue titans thinking it would go nicely with the owl colors but in hindsight, I think purple would have been better. Also noticed the bumpers on the Time Machine were trashed. I had ordered the ninja bumpers long ago in anticipation and dropped those in. While I was in there, cut a few ramp zipties to prevent any potential node ten problems.

B63DC308-7034-4AF3-A07F-63B57CA097BE (resized).jpegB63DC308-7034-4AF3-A07F-63B57CA097BE (resized).jpeg
#12534 1 year ago

I have light blue rings. Putting them on today. We'll see.

#12535 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

[quoted image]

Buy a cheap clock, take out the parts and stick them in the hole. You could even have the cogs moving if the clock is still functioning.

#12536 1 year ago
Quoted from orangedude71:

Around 1000 plays and the rings were looking beat. I ordered blue titans thinking it would go nicely with the owl colors but in hindsight, I think purple would have been better. Also noticed the bumpers on the Time Machine were trashed. I had ordered the ninja bumpers long ago in anticipation and dropped those in. While I was in there, cut a few ramp zipties to prevent any potential node ten problems.
[quoted image]

I ordered a set of Blue's as well, I just haven't put them in yet. I think I'm around 400 plays on mine. I like the darker colors as I notice they don't show as much carbon build up as the lighter colors do. I would have gone light blue or purple but thought the blue would be a good contrast and compromise, Looks good.

#12537 1 year ago

[quoted image]

After looking at the pic more, I think a set of gold halographic precision flippers would match that color well.

Can you elaborate on the zip tie cutting for node ten issues? I haven't stayed abreast of the issue, but I thought it was a connector issue that caused this. Is the ziptie cutting to provide a strain relief on the connector?

#12538 1 year ago

In the club my big Rush happening doods with a nicely spiced up premium.

What’s the story with the expression lights for the premium? Is it just the usual stern accessories lotto?

#12539 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

In the club my big Rush happening doods with a nicely spiced up premium.
What’s the story with the expression lights for the premium? Is it just the usual stern accessories lotto?

At least there is a chance of winning something in the lotto Neil, at the moment the expression lights aren't even listed as a prize !!

Did you pick Chris' up ? Some nice additions on that one.

#12540 1 year ago
Quoted from JustJared:

After looking at the pic more, I think a set of gold halographic precision flippers would match that color well.
Can you elaborate on the zip tie cutting for node ten issues? I haven't stayed abreast of the issue, but I thought it was a connector issue that caused this. Is the ziptie cutting to provide a strain relief on the connector?

The zipties are done too strong from the factory possibly cutting the insulation. Mine were done pretty strong but the insulation was still intact. That said, it’s pretty clear that the real root cause is the connector issue. I looked at mine and it didnt look terrible so i left it for now hoping that stern will come up with a permanent fix soon

#12541 1 year ago
Quoted from JustJared:

I ordered a set of Blue's as well, I just haven't put them in yet. I think I'm around 400 plays on mine. I like the darker colors as I notice they don't show as much carbon build up as the lighter colors do. I would have gone light blue or purple but thought the blue would be a good contrast and compromise, Looks good.

In hindsight.. maybe the translucent blue or purple would have been better. But not enough for me to spend the couple hours tearing the machine down to do the bumpers again.. Maybe after another few thousand plays

#12542 1 year ago

Just noticed mine is chewed up and about to break off [quoted image]

you may want to consider changing out that narrow post with one that has a slightly larger diameter too. the small diameter (along with a tight sling rubber) causes extra stress.

#12543 1 year ago

The zipties are done too strong from the factory possibly cutting the insulation. Mine were done pretty strong but the insulation was still intact

The concern isn't as much about the insulation being broke, but about the damage to the thin wire contained inside. The ziptie pressure can basically tear/shear the thin stranded wire within. Poor connectivity in the wire would cause similar results as the poor connectivity at the pins even if insulation is intact. The insulation damage is just another example of damage the wire can take from the force and would only really be a concern if exposed to shorting. It is ancillary damage. The insulation is noteworthy here because it's a reasonable canary to tell if the wire has been subjected to excessive clamping/force by the ziptie.

#12544 1 year ago
20230220_145846 (resized).jpg20230220_145846 (resized).jpg
#12545 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

At least there is a chance of winning something in the lotto Neil, at the moment the expression lights aren't even listed as a prize !!
Did you pick Chris' up ? Some nice additions on that one.

yup, its very nice, a bargain too!

#12546 1 year ago

Around 1000 plays and the rings were looking beat. I ordered blue titans thinking it would go nicely with the owl colors but in hindsight, I think purple would have been better.

I did all purple and it looks great!

#12547 1 year ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

I have light blue rings. Putting them on today. We'll see.

I did orange on mine.

6D809456-CCF2-4F52-8F5C-3F71CF51E2C4 (resized).jpeg6D809456-CCF2-4F52-8F5C-3F71CF51E2C4 (resized).jpeg
#12548 1 year ago

I added the 3D printed upper loop fix. Seems to work well as the switch registers reliably now. I might print it in a different color, but I don’t really notice most of the time.

BD6BB0D4-0EBA-4544-915E-E7EAA2A04741 (resized).jpegBD6BB0D4-0EBA-4544-915E-E7EAA2A04741 (resized).jpeg
#12549 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I added the 3D printed upper loop fix. Seems to work well as the switch registers reliably now. I might print it in a different color, but I don’t really notice most of the time.
[quoted image]

Sorry if I missed this but I just joined the club a week ago.

What’s the issue with the upper loop?

Thanks.

#12550 1 year ago

Went with wizardmod apron vinyl for my pro with the cutout since I use IC... But they sell one without the cutout that would cover it up.

PXL_20230208_215919105 (resized).jpgPXL_20230208_215919105 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 251 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/251?hl=mjk-911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.