20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 358.
#12451 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Tom Sawyer, I'd assume. (Which I have no idea how it became Rush's signature song. It doesn't have anywhere near the energy of everything else from the band. I guess it's the main riff which is just weird enough to be interesting and fits in a radio-friendly format unlike the prog-rock epics.)

Correct.

Although after playing the game I did recognize a few others but I didn't know Rush was the artist.

#12452 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Tom Sawyer, I'd assume. (Which I have no idea how it became Rush's signature song. It doesn't have anywhere near the energy of everything else from the band. I guess it's the main riff which is just weird enough to be interesting and fits in a radio-friendly format unlike the prog-rock epics.)
That reminds me of this detail I just noticed. When the mystery award is cycling through the possibilities, there's a little musical "bip" note each time the text changes. Those notes are the main riff of Tom Sawyer, as quarter notes instead of the goofy time signature. I just noticed as I happened to get the mystery right as that riff was playing.

It’s all about the drumming breakdown, after the guitar solo, it brings the song back together. It’s the most well known Rush/Neil Peart drum fill.

The movie “I Love You Man”, shows a great representation of this moment

#12453 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

That reminds me of this detail I just noticed. When the mystery award is cycling through the possibilities, there's a little musical "bip" note each time the text changes. Those notes are the main riff of Tom Sawyer, as quarter notes instead of the goofy time signature. I just noticed as I happened to get the mystery right as that riff was playing.

Rush is definitely not mainstream music. They had a few minor hits but they were always a Gen X male oriented prog rock band and a musician's band.

These two groups make them a perfect pinball theme though!

#12454 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Tom Sawyer is probably their best know because it’s recognizable for that keyboard line and the amazing drum breakdown. The first time I remember hearing it was in an episode of futurama.

I did pick up on the mystery award pulling the keyboard line and thought it was a cool detail. Kinda like “Hoot Again” for the extra ball, ball save text between the flippers.

Call me crazy but I prefer this game to Godzilla by a country mile. It’s still a good game, but the music and call outs don’t do it for me, and I like the layout and rules better on Rush.

#12455 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Another question….when the concert footage is shown during gameplay on the LCD screen…there is a lag with Geddy’s lips and the music coming from the speakers. Is this normal or is there a setting I can adjust in the menu? TIA

I think it be cool to splice in some personal video footage of my kids rocking to the band. So it is like they were in attendance at one of the concerts in the code. Every time I play it, they will pop up on the screen. Will do it once the code is closer to being final.

#12456 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

It's fun discovering all these thoughtful little things. My kids picked up on this one before I did. I also like that you and I called them bips and boops lol
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/50#post-6822107

#12457 1 year ago

My favorite callout is when you hit the right ramp, you can hear a very soft Geddy scream. Sounds like it comes from Bastille Day.
It's an even better callout when you get in a groove and can keep hitting the ramp!

#12458 1 year ago
Quoted from 6point5degrees:

My favorite callout is when you hit the right ramp, you can hear a very soft Geddy scream. Sounds like it comes from Bastille Day.
It's an even better callout when you get in a groove and can keep hitting the ramp!

Mine is when he says something like.... Hey you got a match, thanks Gary.

#12459 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

What’s the latest on expression lighting kits? Does anyone know?
Thanks.

I can *almost* guarantee you they are coming. I would be really shocked if this doesn't happen soon. I'm just not at liberty at the moment to say how I know.

#12460 1 year ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

I can *almost* guarantee you they are coming. I would be really shocked if this doesn't happen soon. I'm just not at liberty at the moment to say how I know.

Do you have any insight on the topper from your unnamed source? I finally broke down and got the LZ expression lights and am OK with those now, but I'd like to get the official topper if/when it ever comes out.

#12461 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Do you have any insight on the topper from your unnamed source? I finally broke down and got the LZ expression lights and am OK with those now, but I'd like to get the official topper if/when it ever comes out.

The ninja lights make the expression lights 10x better, highly recommend them

#12462 1 year ago

Mine keep changing but the other day I liked the spirit mode when they say something like all rush all the time but no commercial Interruptions.
And the tilt bob DANGER when Alex says something hey we felt that! don't shake the game!
I actually feel bad I shook the game.

#12463 1 year ago

I still laugh when Geddy yells " noooooooooo" when I hit the left outlane

#12464 1 year ago

I love the Canadian-ess of the pin. "Hey put in a Loony!"

#12465 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Oh yes!
And... uh, I think you lost your ball man.

#12466 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I have a feeling Rush is about to go up in value. People are finding out just how great of a game it is and dealers are running low on inventory. With no scheduled production of the game this year and more than likely a topper release, I think it is going to be a great year for us fans of the game!

Rush is the next Stranger Things. Underappreciated at release, limited production. Game slowly builds a following and is appreciated for its unique features and great representation of theme.

#12467 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Rush is the next Stranger Things. Underappreciated at release, limited production. Game slowly builds a following and is appreciated for its unique features and great representation of theme.

Not really. It’s fun to say things like that in a rush thread but it’s not the same at all.

One year into stranger things and the owners thread wasn’t gushing about it, it was dogged on here hard. We were dead in the middle of a pandemic and manufacturing was just starting to really feel it. Rush is also a polarizing theme to most people and stranger things is a killer theme with more widespread appeal.

I was there from day one with that game and still have it, rush has been a good game since launch and has gotten better. Alas though, it is not the perfect storm of disaster that stranger things was which lead to its low production.

I too think it will be well regarded in the future, but it’s not quite apples to apples.

#12468 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12469 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Rush is the next Stranger Things

Please don't insult Rush

#12470 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

My source says soon to both.

#12471 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Rush has been the Stranger Things, since the 70’s, lol.

#12472 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Rush has been the Stranger Things, since the 70’s, lol.

I've never watched an episode of stranger things .

#12473 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

For a while I thought he did this when you drained on ball three when there was an extra ball available. Just a case of confirmation bias, though!

#12474 1 year ago
Quoted from squaresville:

For a while I thought he did this when you drained on ball three when there was an extra ball available. Just a case of confirmation bias, though!

Would be funny if he said this when you plunge the first ball.

#12475 1 year ago

I do notice the call out "Nooooooooo!"only on drain of ball 3 with no extra balls unless I'm mistaken

#12476 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I do notice the call out "Nooooooooo!"only on drain of ball 3 with no extra balls unless I'm mistaken

Yup, and I recall only the left outlane, but I may be wrong, that's where I've noticed it

#12477 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

I’ve been working on a Rush topper. The RUSH will be lit and I have been playing with the items to the left and right of Rush. Here’s a digital mock up and the latest version with rotating gears. This is just a mock up and only the left side has a motor at the moment.
If any of your are interested in one, please let me know. Finished toppers or DIY kits available

[quoted image]

How's Rush topper progress progressing? Any chance you could show us both sides moving and a lit Rush? Thanks!

#12478 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

And another common thread between them is they both fully go all-in with the license. It's great to see a pin with such full-blown participation from the stars and all the media assets, compared to some of the half-ass licenses that didn't get real participation (Led Zep, Beatles, Bond) or where the media was in-house remakes (Jurassic Park, TMNT) or ignored the movie franchise entirely for cheaper comic assets (AIQ, Deadpool.)

I'll also offer up BKSOR as another comparable to Rush. It's going to have fairly few production runs, being a low-demand title in general, and with a playfield that's tough for casuals to handle. I expect supply on Rush to be somewhat low long-term and so its price will creep up eventually, like BKSOR did.

#12479 1 year ago
Quoted from GrooTheWanderer:

If you haven't seen this video segment by IEPinball, it's worth a watch. Just under 60 seconds of magic By Karl DeAngelo to complete the achievement. The running reaction in chat (including Ray Davidson's) was great.

Wow that was incredible!

And that score is so ridiculous for a single mode it's almost laughable lol

#12480 1 year ago

I honestly could not get rid of my Stranger Things fast enough. Game was ok at best. if I had a larger collection, maybe but I certainly would not buy another at this time and price is not the issue.

#12481 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

I still wish if the were going to use Roll The Bones assets with the mystery award, that they work in some Roll The Bones music somehow.

#12482 1 year ago

Thanks for the interest! It’s coming along slower than I’d like. Yes the plan is to have both sides turning and the RUSH lit with Bluetooth controlled LEDs. Here is where I’m at from a prototype standpoint. All the electronics will be run from a single plug that will feed into the head using the hole provided by stern. Also, the topper mounts to the existing head screws so the game remains unmodified (here is a short video with zero production value and my dog squeezing her toy in the background haha)

The motor I had plan to use can not be reversed so both sides would be turning clockwise. I just received new motors yesterday that are reversible but this means that I have to redesign a few parts to accommodate the new motor. I will also have to run the motor for quite some time to make sure that it’s durable. I’m also working on improving the lenses since the light is not uniform yet

Quoted from tslayer71:

How's Rush topper progress progressing? Any chance you could show us both sides moving and a lit Rush? Thanks!

#12483 1 year ago

Hi, we all know fellow rush fans are both nice as well as loyal and proud of Rush.
Those of you that are fortunate enough to own a Rush pinball
why not do the world a favor (by telling the world just how good Rush pinball is) (and helping me make enough to pay for a rush pinball *)

Show your love for Rush and pinball, and of course Rush Pinball!
With this custom T-shirt featuring the "Rush" starman, modified to be holding up a pinball and staring wonderingly into it's shiny round magical sphere.

Almost as if it was designed in anticipation that 45 years later they'd have a pinball game.

"I brushed away the dust of the years, and picked it up, holding it reverently in my hands. I had no idea what it might be, but it was beautiful…” - 2112 Part 3: Discovery

Now when you wear this pinball, other rush pinball fans will immediately know the feeling your trying to convey to them, and people who don't will certainly ask you "What is that? and you can explain to them the joy of both rush and rush pinball.

unfortunately I cannot seem to link this well into my pinside shop (arcade-cabinets.com) as it uses a 3rd party T-shirt provider and I haven't figured out how to link it in without having to pay shipping twice so here's the link to the shirt on my etsy site. I also have mousepads and mugs.

* due to excessive spending on Keith Elwin designed pinballs in the last 6 months and Sterns crazy prices, I have to make enough money selling mods to pay for a rush pinball if I want one ... which I certainly do
---
anyway here's the link to the T-shirt

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1400728042

Mousepad
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1400734930/rush-pinball-starman-mouse-pad

Mug
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1414951755/rush-starman-pinball-black-mug-15oz
rushpinballshirt (resized).JPGrushpinballshirt (resized).JPGstarman (resized).pngstarman (resized).png

#12484 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

Hi, we all know fellow rush fans are both nice as well as loyal and proud of Rush.
why not do the world a favor (by telling the world just how good Rush pinball is) (and helping me make enough to pay for a rush pinball *)
With this custom T-shirt featuring the "Rush" starman, modified to be holding up a pinball and staring wonderingly into it's shiny round magical sphere.
Almost as if it was designed in anticipation that 45 years later they'd have a pinball game.
"I brushed away the dust of the years, and picked it up, holding it reverently in my hands. I had no idea what it might be, but it was beautiful…” - 2112 Part 3: Discovery
Now when you wear this pinball, other rush pinball fans will immediately know the feeling your trying to convey to them, and people who don't will certainly ask you "What is that? and you can explain to them the joy of both rush and rush pinball.
unfortunately I cannot seem to link this well into my pinside shop (arcade-cabinets.com) as it uses a 3rd party T-shirt provider and I haven't figured out how to link it in without having to pay shipping twice so here's the link to the shirt on my etsy site. I also have mousepads and mugs.
* due to excessive spending on Keith Elwin designed pinballs in the last 6 months and Sterns crazy prices, I have to make enough money selling mods to pay for a rush pinball if I want one... which I certainly do.
---
Mousepad
Mug
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1414951755/rush-starman-pinball-black-mug-15oz[quoted image][quoted image]

#12485 1 year ago

Just curious how much everyone has spent on mods for Rush. I'm fairly conservative so I think I've only spent about $750-800. Of course, a big chunk of that was the Pinwoofers.

#12486 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Just curious how much everyone has spent on mods for Rush. I'm fairly conservative so I think I've only spent about $750-800. Of course, a big chunk of that was the Pinwoofers.

Close to $400

#12487 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

$800-900. Buying expression lights from Germany wasn’t cheap.

#12488 1 year ago

Zero so far. I've just 3D printed what I want. I'll be on board for buying expression lights once they become available.

(To be fair I did take out my Pin Monk quiet fan, and my external volume control from my old pin before trading it in, so some money spent a while ago)

#12489 1 year ago

Dumb question…
do the expression lights come as part of Stern art blades? Or are those two separate things?

#12490 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Dumb question…
do the expression lights come as part of Stern art blades? Or are those two separate things?

They are one in the same.

#12491 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

* due to excessive spending on Keith Elwin designed pinballs in the last 6 months and Sterns crazy prices, I have to make enough money selling mods to pay for a rush pinball if I want one ... which I certainly do
---
Mousepad
Mug
[quoted image][quoted image]

So you downloaded a Starman SVG you found on the internet, pasted a pinball onto it, and are selling the design for personal profit on a made to order t-shirt site because you want to crowd source a pinball machine...

Have you tried looking for a whale, or perhaps several mini-whales?

#12492 1 year ago

Welcome to America!

#12493 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

They are one in the same.

Awesome!
Thanks for info.

#12494 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I'm over $1000 now with the woofer and custom speakers. Will add ELs when they come out. Topper probably also.

Rush won't leave the basement so... spend spend spend.

Quoted from brzezicki:

---
Mousepad
Mug

Unfortunately the ball alone doesn't say much to anyone outside pinball. Even a lot of pinball people may not get it.

#12495 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:So you downloaded a Starman SVG you found on the internet, pasted a pinball onto it, and are selling the design for personal profit on a made to order t-shirt site because you want to crowd source a pinball machine...

Lemonade stand... car wash.... just happy to see the young kid is trying to raise some money.

#12496 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

---
Mousepad
Mug

if You sell about 600 or so shirts your in for an LE

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12497 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Lemonade stand... car wash.... just happy to see the young kid is trying to raise some money.

Can't C&D a carwash or lemonade stand.

My point was taking Hugh Syme's artwork which is copyrighted, slapping a pinball on it, and are selling it for personal gain is stealing. It's someone else's work that is the basis of their livelihood. That's why copyrights exist.

If you want to make one for yourself, cool, go right ahead.

#12498 1 year ago

Put in some Infinity speakers and a bigger cab speaker last night. This game really benefits from improved sound. Flow for days. Loving it.

#12499 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Dang, pinwoofers, precision flippers, ninja speaker lights, under cab lights and soon back lights, all the ninja protectors, rocket city flasher covers, Willipinball flasher covers. Thx for reminding me if how much I've spent

#12500 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Enough that I knew before even receiving my machine, I created an Excel sheet to list/track.

Partly to remember what I had purchased, partly to see just how much additional I put into it, lol.

It’s a forever machine for my collection, so I went pretty deep with it. I’ll put it this way, I could have easily covered the cost of an LE vs Premium, but wouldn’t have all of the cool add ons, protectors, or fixes for that price.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/250 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.