IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 358.
#12401 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Man… Stern getting cheaper and greedier ever new release.
Game is awesome though! Oh well.

Did Bond machines have a goodie bag?

If they did Rush buyers really got screwed.

#12402 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12403 1 year ago

We all got the charlie Brown Bag

#12404 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Rush owners didn't get screwed. Bond owners got screwed with that code. We should feel fortunate!

#12405 1 year ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Rush owners didn't get screwed. Bond owners got screwed with that code. We should feel fortunate!

Fair

#12406 1 year ago

Thank you for this. I printed them in gold and remixed the Time Machine lamp covers a bit.

Quoted from bigguybbr:

I didn’t like looking at the bayonet sockets or the colored bands on the bulbs, so I made some quick lamp shades on my 3D printer since I’m too cheap to buy something to go over them.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5851327
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

85F761E8-CAE5-485E-B5EA-4A20A4E038B9 (resized).jpeg85F761E8-CAE5-485E-B5EA-4A20A4E038B9 (resized).jpegC1DC28E7-96F4-447A-B70F-A42858C224F3 (resized).jpegC1DC28E7-96F4-447A-B70F-A42858C224F3 (resized).jpegDF0383E4-2609-4E3A-A1DF-E8BFEE945049 (resized).jpegDF0383E4-2609-4E3A-A1DF-E8BFEE945049 (resized).jpeg
#12407 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Thank you for this. I printed them in gold and remixed the Time Machine lamp covers a bit.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Even Better!
I think the scoop bulbs still deserve the $12 dice. My favorite mod.
https://a.co/d/1zxBsrE

Screenshot_20230213-185117 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230213-185117 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230213-185136 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230213-185136 (resized).png

#12408 1 year ago

Anyone else experiencing flipper fade? I am. Looks like fans are in my near future. I'm not sure how you billionaires are managing? I don't recall much conversation about it here... Is it just me?

#12409 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Anyone else experiencing flipper fade? I am. Looks like fans are in my near future. I'm not sure how you billionaires are managing? I don't recall much conversation about it here... Is it just me?

How many plays? Most likely bad coil stops. No fade here, been over a billion a handful of times, 700+ total plays. Replaced at 400 I think

#12410 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

How many plays? Most likely bad coil stops. No fade here, been over a billion a handful of times, 700+ total plays. Replaced at 400 I think

Probably getting close to 400. 300 easy .
I just got some coil stops. Time to use them.
Thx

#12411 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

As mentioned, coil stop replacements are a must. Search the topic flipper fade in this thread, PinMonk has a great write up from his findings.

#12412 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Yeah, do the coil stops after a few hundred games.

Fade from overheating is slightly noticeable in a long play session, but only slightly. Really just on the upper ramp. The rest of the shots aren't steep enough to have any problems; Rush doesn't exactly have AIQ's wall of cliffs.

#12413 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

That turned out awesome! I need to pick up some gold filament now.

#12414 1 year ago
Quoted from Rexdeanrds:

Has anyone in this thread gotten the "Never turn your back on a monster" Achievement? It seems incredibly difficult to get. Probably the hardest achievement stern has posted to date (would be curious if there are others that are harder).
[quoted image]

Yes, once…….save your weapon for when you need it.

45823808-9BA7-4AC0-96E7-86234AA0B0E9 (resized).png45823808-9BA7-4AC0-96E7-86234AA0B0E9 (resized).png
#12415 1 year ago
Quoted from Rexdeanrds:

Has anyone in this thread gotten the "Never turn your back on a monster" Achievement? It seems incredibly difficult to get. Probably the hardest achievement stern has posted to date (would be curious if there are others that are harder).
[quoted image]

If you haven't seen this video segment by IEPinball, it's worth a watch. Just under 60 seconds of magic By Karl DeAngelo to complete the achievement. The running reaction in chat (including Ray Davidson's) was great.

#12416 1 year ago

I have added the Rush flipper protectors to my store. They are ready to ship. $60 for the set plus $10 shipping to the US. Thanks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1448-pin-music-plus/07851-rush-flippers-button-protectors-

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12417 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I have the fans from Pinmonk. They seem to work great. Used to see problems after about 45 min of play. Esp. In fly by night mb.

#12418 1 year ago

Btw, someone posted about the gold dust leprechaun that visited their machine. I had the same under my left flipper. The coil stop has a gold colored rivet that was slowly being ground down making the metal that fits into the coil loose. I only replaced that one, but have backups for the other 2. My machine has over 1600 plays and I think that one was still serviceable. Should i really change the other two before I see gold shavings?

The damaged one below. Note that when I push the stop, the gold rivet can stick out a tiny bit now.

20230214_165621 (resized).jpg20230214_165621 (resized).jpg20230214_165624 (resized).jpg20230214_165624 (resized).jpg
#12419 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Btw, someone posted about the gold dust leprechaun that visited their machine. I had the same under my left flipper. The coil stop has a gold colored rivet that was slowly being ground down making the metal that fits into the coil loose. I only replaced that one, but have backups for the other 2. My machine has over 1600 plays and I think that one was still serviceable. Should i really change the other two before I see gold shavings?
The damaged one below. Note that when I push the stop, the gold rivet can stick out a tiny bit now.

Replace em all, cheap and easy to do.i have a ready supply on hand, I know how all stern stops will end up

#12420 1 year ago

Yes, replace them all. If one failed, the others in the same machine are from the same batch and will too.

#12421 1 year ago

What’s the latest on expression lighting kits? Does anyone know?

Thanks.

#12422 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I believe there was a goodie bag....it just cost $500
and yes....I would gladly forgo the goodie bag for decent code upon release.

#12423 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicman:

Just a follow up on this problem. I was able to isolate this to a short in the lower blue G.I. string of lamps. Removed and inspected almost all the blue lamp sockets on that string (except for the ones under the flipper brackets which are hard to get to) for possible stray wires or solder blobs that could be causing a short. Nothing. Turns out that the wire looms that run under the flipper brackets to illuminate the ball guides on either side of the flippers were pinching the wire looms. I cut the wire ties on those looms and fanned out the wires. One wire on the right side and two wires on the left side had nicks in the insulation right where the loom passes under the metal flipper bracket. One of those tiny nicks was allowing the bare wire to contact the bracket and shorting the circuit. This took quite a while to diagnose and find, and could have easily been avoided by better quality control on the assembly line. Happy to have finally found the problem, but feel like billing Stern for 20 hours of my time searching for the problem and fixing it. Now if I can just get the right side Expression lights working 100% maybe I can start to enjoy the game again. I must say that this NIB game has had more than its fair share of problems at a time that Stern is pushing the limits of pricing. This will almost definitely be my last NIB purchase from them until their QC improves.

Thought I had noticed some weird lighting flickering issue on mine that I just picked up this past weekend. It was a show game July 2022 build with about 600 plays but I’ve only put about 20 to 30 games on it, tops. Saw this post and checked my machine while I was under the playfield checking the other over crimped wire issue on the motor. Those wires to the motor were not damaged. But sure enough I did find one wire under the flipper assembly that the had rubbed away the wire insulation and the stranded wire was exposed. Wrapped it with electrical tape and put a couple layers of electrical tape over the wires to protect them from the metal flipper housing better.

Magicman
Thanks for the post!

710603CA-28B3-453A-B708-89A9226C305F (resized).jpeg710603CA-28B3-453A-B708-89A9226C305F (resized).jpeg

#12424 1 year ago

I have a feeling Rush is about to go up in value. People are finding out just how great of a game it is and dealers are running low on inventory. With no scheduled production of the game this year and more than likely a topper release, I think it is going to be a great year for us fans of the game!

#12425 1 year ago

Can anyone explain to me in 2nd grade terms what the “percentage shots add to scoring” does in the modes? Does it increase the scoring X% to that particular mode?

#12426 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I have a feeling Rush is about to go up in value. People are finding out just how great of a game it is and dealers are running low on inventory.

Probably correct there. This game reminds me of Cirqus Voltaire. A different theme that is not for everybody, but is truly unique with amazing gameplay.

#12427 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Man… Stern getting cheaper and greedier ever new release.
Game is awesome though! Oh well.

Naw, they are just starting to think like a real business. Cut costs and grow profit. The more profitable the business, the more pinball machines built. I hate to say it, but we should be happy they are trimming the fat.

#12428 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Can anyone explain to me in 2nd grade terms what the “percentage shots add to scoring” does in the modes? Does it increase the scoring X% to that particular mode?

That’s how I understand it. So say you had working man lit and shots are base 1 million per. If you had a 20% boost when you start the mode those shots are all now 1.2million per.

Then you have the rainbow shots that are 2x for whatever single shot they are on, unless you have multiple rainbow albums places then I think they go 3x for 2 rainbows and 4x for 3 rainbows placed.

#12429 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I have a feeling Rush is about to go up in value. People are finding out just how great of a game it is and dealers are running low on inventory. With no scheduled production of the game this year and more than likely a topper release, I think it is going to be a great year for us fans of the game!

Mostly just some Pros left in stock at a few dealers.

If you are a seller then ya, you could make a little bit possibly. I won't ever sell mine so it doesn't matter.

#12430 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Mostly just some Pros left in stock at a few dealers.
If you are a seller then ya, you could make a little bit possibly. I won't ever sell mine so it doesn't matter.

I was at Tilt amusements on Saturday and he had 3 premiums and 1 pro, Show games. But, I think he may be down to just one pro and 1 premium left. He might have NIB pro’s still.

#12431 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

It increases the base value of each lit shot you hit in the mode, in the simplest terms.

watch this:

#12432 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Stole your gold filament idea. Does look way better.

8C12BE6A-A303-4235-AC28-3489B064D499 (resized).jpeg8C12BE6A-A303-4235-AC28-3489B064D499 (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12433 1 year ago

I think I'd paint the tips of the bulb covers gold with a paint pen to tie it all together. If they could be a little more pronounced and flat on top, even better.
Screenshot_20230215-181134 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230215-181134 (resized).png

#12434 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I agree. I can’t believe I slept so long on this game. I wasn’t a big Rush fan before this game and the game really didn’t interest me until I played it. Great layout. I love how the modes are integrated. The music really works for pinball, and the call outs are great.

#12435 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I can’t believe I slept so long on this game

Same here. And it's my favorite band. I think I had to come to grips with owning more than 1 pinball machine. Once I played it one good long session on location, I knew had to own it. On a side note, I was wondering who did all the sounds. They're awesome and needs a nod to RayDay to tell them they did a great job.

#12436 1 year ago

agreed!, To make the gold Time Machine bases, i just enlarged your standard lamp covers and chopped them down a bit. I already made a couple sets for friends.

Quoted from bigguybbr:

Stole your gold filament idea. Does look way better.
[quoted image]

43FA5B70-2787-4636-8713-2160799A7D27 (resized).jpeg43FA5B70-2787-4636-8713-2160799A7D27 (resized).jpeg
#12437 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

agreed!, To make the gold Time Machine bases, i just enlarged your standard lamp covers and chopped them down a bit. I already made a couple sets for friends.
[quoted image]

Can we be friends?

#12438 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I agree. I can’t believe I slept so long on this game. I wasn’t a big Rush fan before this game and the game really didn’t interest me until I played it. Great layout. I love how the modes are integrated. The music really works for pinball, and the call outs are great.

I took a chance and got a January '22 first run Pro without ever playing the game. Feel lucky that it turned out so good. I was always sold on the theme but the game is crazy fun too!

#12439 1 year ago

Another question….when the concert footage is shown during gameplay on the LCD screen…there is a lag with Geddy’s lips and the music coming from the speakers. Is this normal or is there a setting I can adjust in the menu? TIA

#12440 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Another question….when the concert footage is shown during gameplay on the LCD screen…there is a lag with Geddy’s lips and the music coming from the speakers. Is this normal or is there a setting I can adjust in the menu? TIA

Unfortunately, it's normal.

#12441 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Depending the song(s) in question, it’s live performance video with studio version audio. It’s not going to match, two completely different timings. Whether it be in pinball, or another use, you can be 99.9% sure, that it won’t match up.

#12442 1 year ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Unfortunately, it's normal.

That’s what I thought….not a big deal…thanks for the help

#12443 1 year ago
Quoted from DwightEisenhower:

Turned on Rush premium today for a game and got feedback through speakers at regular intervals. Sounded like a heart beat but painful to the ears. Have had pinwoofer in for over a month and this is first time it has happened. Any thoughts?

PinWoofer Dan, did you guys figure out what was causing this? Just curious, so that there’s info for future, in case someone comes across it again.

#12444 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Same here. And it's my favorite band. I think I had to come to grips with owning more than 1 pinball machine. Once I played it one good long session on location, I knew had to own it. On a side note, I was wondering who did all the sounds. They're awesome and needs a nod to RayDay to tell them they did a great job.

"Danger Will Robinson" (dating myself for sure) - once you decide to go beyond 1 they multiply, FAST!
You start out moving furniture, then changing rooms, next possibly taking over the garage or eventually, moving to a larger house!
Great hobby and really fun - Enjoy!

#12445 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

"Danger Will Robinson" (dating myself for sure) - once you decide to go beyond 1 they multiply, FAST!
You start out moving furniture, then changing rooms, next possibly taking over the garage or eventually, moving to a larger house!

Lol. Great series. Still have all seasons on DVD.
As for expansion, I've got a handle on that. Just ask her.
It was a tall order for #1 and she was blindsided a bit. It was really pushing the limits for a #2 and I even questioned my own sanity. Luckily I have a pool table in a game room over the garage to hide #1 in and I managed to make #2 fit and she knows Rush my favorite band. The main house is off limits. Even thinking about a 3rd is masochism, speaking it into the universe is suicide. I did joke about it once about a month ago, my mistake. Still stings.

#12446 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

You definitely find yourself looking at furniture etc. wondering if you really need it

#12447 1 year ago

The funny thing is, Rush Pinball made me more of a listener of the band. I really only knew one song before I bought the pin and now I can say that I like Rush in general. I would not say I am a fan but I do appreciate their music.

#12448 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Luckily I have a pool table in a game room over the garage to hide #1 in and I managed to make #2 fit and she knows Rush my favorite band.

Pool table? Without that, there's room for several more pins...

#12449 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Pool table? Without that, there's room for several more pins...

I knew that was coming. That would be a homicide. I just mentioned jokingly spinning the table around 90 degrees to accommodate 5 pins (which would cause cue to hit the wall or pins on many shots) and that didn't go well. It's bad enough that there are two specific but rare low corner shots that do hit each pin now...
9ball is something we play a lot regularly and my wife and I BOTH enjoy doing together. She doesn't care a bit about pinball. Can't touch this!

#12450 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I really only knew one song before I bought the pin

Tom Sawyer, I'd assume. (Which I have no idea how it became Rush's signature song. It doesn't have anywhere near the energy of everything else from the band. I guess it's the main riff which is just weird enough to be interesting and fits in a radio-friendly format unlike the prog-rock epics.)

That reminds me of this detail I just noticed. When the mystery award is cycling through the possibilities, there's a little musical "bip" note each time the text changes. Those notes are the main riff of Tom Sawyer, as quarter notes instead of the goofy time signature. I just noticed as I happened to get the mystery right as that riff was playing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/249 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.