20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg
20240319_194051 (resized).jpg
IMG_5172 (resized).jpeg
20240313_124509 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_232015126 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230406999 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,847 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 357.
#12351 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

That owl looks pretty cool! First I've seen that.

Even better! Why not go for the real thing?

D6B11C5B-3853-40EF-9AE8-896D7C2B4DF8 (resized).jpegD6B11C5B-3853-40EF-9AE8-896D7C2B4DF8 (resized).jpeg
#12352 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I felt bad for you and checked your 93 posts, and cant find the referenced no response post. I only saw 1 on this forum for a different issue, the spinner that keeps spinning for the next player interfering with their skill shot. Maybe that was what you were referring to.
But if you're talking about the plunge shot, the Ninja camp shooter mod works great to keep the ball straight so that it exits without rattle.

You are correct sir. My mistake. And I do have the Ninja Camp mods to fix all the little things.

#12353 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Woo, reached both Cygnus X-1 book 1 and book 2 just now. Book 2 has got to be the coolest-weirdest mode in pinball ever. I won it for a billion-plus and a GC of 4 billion. (Despite the weirdness, it really doesn't take a lot of shots.)
I got the Ninjacamp loop mod and yup that fixed it 100%, even just the curve part without the straight part. Remains to be seen if it will slide down the curve at all. It was pretty easy to push around in place before I put the glass back on. I feel it almost makes repeated loops too easy with how much it slows down the ball, but I guess any solution will do that.
Next project is to get up the courage to install the Ninjacamp scoop protector. That involves taking apart more than I've ever done on a pinball machine.

I’m a newb to pinball ownership and was nervous about doing that and other mods/repairs but the instructions were good and I took my time. It turned out great. Do the underneath tunnel mod at he same time if u haven’t already and it will save time from doing them separately. Thought by buying a NIB machine Id be good for a few years before I had to work on it but I’ve already had to repair/ replace a dozen or so things. Machine is playing awesome now (fingers crossed). Good luck.

#12354 1 year ago

Getting your hands dirty is a critical (and often enjoyable) part of the experience…I like to solder now that I don’t completely suck at it.

Quoted from kmad:

I’m a newb to pinball ownership and was nervous about doing that and other mods/repairs but the instructions were good and I took my time. It turned out great. Do the underneath tunnel mod at he same time if u haven’t already and it will save time from doing them separately. Thought by buying a NIB machine Id be good for a few years before I had to work on it but I’ve already had to repair/ replace a dozen or so things. Machine is playing awesome now (fingers crossed). Good luck.

#12355 1 year ago

I’ve been working on a Rush topper. The RUSH will be lit and I have been playing with the items to the left and right of Rush. Here’s a digital mock up and the latest version with rotating gears. This is just a mock up and only the left side has a motor at the moment.

If any of your are interested in one, please let me know. Finished toppers or DIY kits available

08B5243F-A7C3-46E9-A1FC-B773AC79B2D7.jpeg08B5243F-A7C3-46E9-A1FC-B773AC79B2D7.jpeg

#12356 1 year ago

Has anybody heard anything on Stern's Rush Topper? Thanks!

-Ski

#12357 1 year ago

Granddaughter loves rush and ninja lights

#12358 1 year ago

There are some amazing toppers/topper ideas for this pin!

#12359 1 year ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

I like you wasn't a Rush fan. I like the few songs but that was about it. I had no plan on getting a Rush pro. I was offered a trade for Rush Pro new in a box for my Iron Maiden Pro plus $1000 cash.
So I took a chance, and let me tell you. It's one of the best pins I ever played. I like it better than Godzilla and I had a premium. Hands down is better than Iron Maiden.

Yup, same here. I knew of Rush and liked a few songs (mostly the instrumentals) but not really any serious fan. I played the pinball on location a few times and thought it was solidly decent but nothing special, and wasn't really looking to own one, it would've ranked maybe around like #20-30 or so on my want list.

Then a Rush came up for trade nearby so I went for it... and yeah wow this game rocks. It's really rewarding for getting good at the shots and modes, like Godzilla. Much more so than Maiden, where the modes are boring and discouraging because of the tight timers. The time machine upgrades and albums/Weapon really make this game - it's such a cumulative snowballing once you start pulling all of those together.

#12360 1 year ago

Just joined the club!

Premium model.

What are the top three must have mods for this pin?

E929C7C2-07DA-4ACA-ADE3-0CFC634C6C46 (resized).jpegE929C7C2-07DA-4ACA-ADE3-0CFC634C6C46 (resized).jpeg
#12361 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Just joined the club!
Premium model.

Node 10 fix
Ninjacamp 3 piece orbit and shooter lane fix
Pinwoofer

#12362 1 year ago

#12363 1 year ago

so i havent had rush plugged in or played on it since october, i plugged it in and updated the code today. i played 5 or so games and every time a earned a extra ball it awarded it on the screen but was never actually awarded when my ball drained it just went to the next ball or game over if it was ball 3. is this a glitch in the code or is there a setting that got changed in the menu?
it is set to standerd normal play, not competition or tournament

update. the game installed the update during the writing of the first post, but still does not award the extra ball but gives 10 million points. it is 100% in normal mode. any setting i should be looking at

#12364 1 year ago
Quoted from superford:

so i havent had rush plugged in or played on it since october, i plugged it in and updated the code today. i played 5 or so games and every time a earned a extra ball it awarded it on the screen but was never actually awarded when my ball drained it just went to the next ball or game over if it was ball 3. is this a glitch in the code or is there a setting that got changed in the menu?

Only thought that I would have is that the game may be set in competition mode. You'd get points but not an extra ball to play when it's awarded.

#12365 1 year ago

Just joined the club!
Premium model.

Node 10 fix (replace the ramp and drum motor molex connectors with soldered connections)

NinjaCamp Scoop Protector
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06616-rush-tpu-scoop-protector-full-protection

NinjaCamp Inner Loop and Shooter Lane fixes
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06740-rush-inner-loop-assist-amp-soft-plunge-corrector

#12367 1 year ago

Won't work on a Premium until Stern decides to bless us with the availability of Expression Lights.

#12368 1 year ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

Won't work on a Premium until Stern decides to bless us with the availability of Expression Lights.

I know, but they will be available at some point.

#12369 1 year ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

I get jealous when I see the LE videos with expression lights. Hope we get them soon even though it’s going to be a $500 hit to my bank account.

#12370 1 year ago

Cracked the billion point mark tonight. This game is good. I think I need to upgrade the speakers next.

#12371 1 year ago
Quoted from GrooTheWanderer:

Only thought that I would have is that the game may be set in competition mode. You'd get points but not an extra ball to play when it's awarded.

Competition mode just takes the random out of mystery and order of multiballs. It will always be the same order but doesn't change the extra balls. He must have extra balls turned off. It gives you 10 mil for EB if turned off. Look in the settings and change it back should be easy fix.

#12372 1 year ago

Game Room Mods orbit cover

Ninja Camp Scoop protector and more

Rocket City Pinball (red barchetta mod plus others)

Space Coast Pinball (Time Machine Lights)

PinMonk- mode colour inserts & instrument colour inserts

Welcome to the club.
You just picked up the GOAT pin. Enjoy.

Just joined the club!
Premium model.
What are the top three must have mods for this pin?[quoted image]

#12373 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Game Room Mods orbit cover
Ninja Camp Scoop protector.
Rocket City Pinball (red barchetta mod plus others)
Space Coast Pinball (Time Machine Lights)
Welcome to the club.
You just picked up the GOAT pin. Enjoy.

Loving it so far!

I replaced the premium translite with the pro translite.

1E65A744-6328-497F-BAB4-81777D39DC8F (resized).jpeg1E65A744-6328-497F-BAB4-81777D39DC8F (resized).jpeg
#12374 1 year ago

Loving it so far!
[quoted image]

Getaway! Fun

#12375 1 year ago

i cant find a setting anywhere that would turn off the extra ball, im i missing it

#12376 1 year ago

I’m getting a fair amount of air balls from the slings on my premium. Every few games I lose a ball to it getting launched over the flippers by the slings.I turned down the sling power a bit but still getting it.

#12377 1 year ago

Rush premium is my first pinball. I was wondering if the various menu items were listed and explained anywhere? The basic adjustments are listed in the owners manual, but not really explained in depth. For example, the manual says "extra ball percentage" is set to 25% by default, but what does that mean exactly?

Also, there appear to be other Rush feature adjustments in the menu that I don't see in the manual. The manual says they exist but don't describe them.

Just one example, but one thing I noticed on my machine compared to some I've seen in videos is that when there is a "ball save," the new ball is auto plunged, compared to some on youtube where it looks like they are manually plunging the saved ball.

Thanks!

#12378 1 year ago

Some Rush pin fans will be happy, look what arrived

62358EFB-AACE-4EBF-8B58-529B0CB0D660 (resized).jpeg62358EFB-AACE-4EBF-8B58-529B0CB0D660 (resized).jpeg
#12379 1 year ago
Quoted from foozle:

For example, the manual says "extra ball percentage" is set to 25% by default, but what does that mean exactly?

That means the machine will seek to have an extra ball happen in 25% of games. Different games implement that in different ways. For Rush, I think the only thing that adjusts automatically is the frequency of an extra ball from the mystery scoop award. Other games automatically adjust the thresholds for certain extra balls (Star Wars does it for TIE fighters, for example) but for Rush I think all the other EB requirement thresholds are fixed and don't vary.

I'm not aware of any comprehensive reference for the adjustments, either for Rush or in general. Pinball owners just kinda get used to them, by a combination of intuition and experience and trial and error.

Quoted from foozle:

Just one example, but one thing I noticed on my machine compared to some I've seen in videos is that when there is a "ball save," the new ball is auto plunged, compared to some on youtube where it looks like they are manually plunging the saved ball.

On every modern game, it's possible to quickly manually plunge any ball in the shooter lane before the auto-plunge gets it. On Rush, this is very advantageous because you can softly plunge to the upper flipper to try to make a shot from there, while the auto-plunge is dangerous because the ball can go straight down the middle from the pop bumpers. So that's probably what the Rush youtubers are doing. This also varies by machine; some like Star Wars have no reason to try to beat the autoplunge.

#12380 1 year ago
Quoted from foozle:

Rush premium is my first pinball. I was wondering if the various menu items were listed and explained anywhere? The basic adjustments are listed in the owners manual, but not really explained in depth. For example, the manual says "extra ball percentage" is set to 25% by default, but what does that mean exactly?
Also, there appear to be other Rush feature adjustments in the menu that I don't see in the manual. The manual says they exist but don't describe them.
Thanks!

Yea, Stern gives the general adjustments, that cross all games using the same system(Spike2), like Rush/GZ/LZ ect... anything game specific for any of the titles, is not listed.

As mentioned, just go through the list of adjustments, and you can get an idea of what’s there. Trial and error on some of them.

At the top of this thread, you can search “topic” within this thread for adjustments. Some of the important ones have been mentioned.

#12381 1 year ago

Turned on Rush premium today for a game and got feedback through speakers at regular intervals. Sounded like a heart beat but painful to the ears. Have had pinwoofer in for over a month and this is first time it has happened. Any thoughts?

#12382 1 year ago

I have had Rush for a few months and the scoop kickout has always been inconsistent…now I know why.

C664F634-CA6F-456F-83B3-98F3EFC6D11E (resized).jpegC664F634-CA6F-456F-83B3-98F3EFC6D11E (resized).jpeg
#12383 1 year ago
Quoted from WesleyB:

I have had Rush for a few months and the scoop kickout has always been inconsistent…now I know why.
[quoted image]

Damn!!!!!

#12384 1 year ago
Quoted from DwightEisenhower:

Turned on Rush premium today for a game and got feedback through speakers at regular intervals. Sounded like a heart beat but painful to the ears. Have had pinwoofer in for over a month and this is first time it has happened. Any thoughts?

Anything else(new) plugged into same outlet or circuit of the room?

Reach out to Dan at PW, he’d have the best possible solutions.

#12385 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Anything else(new) plugged into same outlet or circuit of the room?
Reach out to Dan at PW, he’d have the best possible solutions.

Thanks SterlingRush - we're communicating by email...

#12386 1 year ago

Holee mother of Peart, I just blew up this thing!

rush 20b gc.jpgrush 20b gc.jpg

rush 20b book 2.jpgrush 20b book 2.jpg

Made 2112 for the first time, but the story is how things blew up around and after that. I completed Cygnus book 1 and 2 with about 5 billion total on the scoreboard, which I did a few times before. I was still about 40 years short of 2112. But I kept playing more planet modes and multiballs, and earned a bunch more years, and got there (though drained out and lost 2112 in the third or fourth movement.)

But the big story came as I completed all the planet modes a *second* time and got to Book 2 Hemispheres again. These had some humongous scores along the way, mostly thanks to pushing the record shot multiplier huge (something like 250% on each of Limelight, Working Man, and La Villa Strangiato) during all the big time-machine-upgraded multiballs. Strangiato in particular blew up like crazy, scoring 874 million, thanks to a long combo (either the last 10 or 11 shots) with a x4 rainbow multiplier on the upper loop for those five shots in a row.

And then during Hemispheres the second time, I realized the rainbow shot multipliers *still work there*. The jackpot values were something like 100 to 150 million as 10% of the mode scores, so whenever I hit one of the x4 rainbows, that was 400 to 600 million *per shot*. This all added up to 5 billion from the mode.

rush 20b headlong.jpgrush 20b headlong.jpg

Also I had fun with one Headlong Flight multiball with a x4 rainbow multiplier on the right ramp, and hit the mega ultra jackpot there twice for somewhere over 140 million each time, for a total of 534m. And finally there were also billion-plus bonuses on each of the last few balls.

So yeah, the scoring on this game really goes nuts on the high end. It's compounding multipliers - there's a lot of cases where you can score something at 4x with the rainbow records, and that value goes into something *else*, that you can score again with another x4 on top of that.

#12387 1 year ago

I didn’t like looking at the bayonet sockets or the colored bands on the bulbs, so I made some quick lamp shades on my 3D printer since I’m too cheap to buy something to go over them.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5851327
5F31520B-1EBE-4D9E-A827-721008D900AE (resized).jpeg5F31520B-1EBE-4D9E-A827-721008D900AE (resized).jpegC2DC65B8-D854-4B8F-9D42-4785B3376119 (resized).jpegC2DC65B8-D854-4B8F-9D42-4785B3376119 (resized).jpeg

B91A8AC9-7134-455A-B187-26A48271FCF6 (resized).jpegB91A8AC9-7134-455A-B187-26A48271FCF6 (resized).jpeg

#12388 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I didn’t like looking at the bayonet sockets or the colored bands on the bulbs, so I made some quick lamp shades on my 3D printer since I’m too cheap to buy something to go over them.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

That time machine solution wins my trifecta award in the mod category. Simple, cheap and cool. Well done!

#12389 1 year ago

What are you guys using for a keychain for the coindoor for Rush? Anyone have any links to buy?

#12390 1 year ago

Does Rush have a battery and if so how often shoot it be changed out, and should you change it with the pin powered on of off? Thanks

#12391 1 year ago
Quoted from kmad:

Does Rush have a battery and if so how often shoot it be changed out, and should you change it with the pin powered on of off? Thanks

There is a battery on the cpu board to keep your settings. It should last for few years at least. You would change it out powered off.

#12392 1 year ago

Loving it so far!
[quoted image]

The Pro translite is still my favorite

Quoted from WesleyB:

[quoted image]

Interesting wow - I may have to check mine next time I pull the game open.

Quoted from pinballjah:

Some Rush pin fans will be happy, look what arrived
[quoted image]

Those turned out nice

#12393 1 year ago

Here it is fixed. A little bending and few tack welds and it is good to go.

#12394 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

What are you guys using for a keychain for the coindoor for Rush? Anyone have any links to buy?

I have this and it's really nice but it's a bit hard to find.
Screenshot_20230213-090411 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230213-090411 (resized).png
This is cool
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1085976649/rush-logo-art-guitar-pick-keychain-rush

Screenshot_20230213-091018 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230213-091018 (resized).png

And there's the starman one from inscribed solutions on the market.

Never seen this 3d printable keychain before...
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:395858
Screenshot_20230213-091315 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230213-091315 (resized).png

And there's always and assortment on eBay.
There's a cool 1960s vintage leather keychain that I think would go with the era of the pro artwork nicely coming from the Netherlands right now about 50 bucks.
Screenshot_20230213-092451 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230213-092451 (resized).png

Here's an eBay permanent waves
Screenshot_20230213-092637 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230213-092637 (resized).png

If you love vapor trails and you got to have this it's only 180 bucks
Screenshot_20230213-092756 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230213-092756 (resized).png

Projector pen keychain? eBay.
Screenshot_20230213-092924 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230213-092924 (resized).png

And least and last, one left.. hot item!
Stern with bottle opener and led light
Screenshot_20230213-093418 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230213-093418 (resized).png

Ok one more...

Screenshot_20230213-093718 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230213-093718 (resized).png
#12395 1 year ago

This preorder version of Clockwork Angels came with a nice key chain. Check the last pictures.
https://www.discogs.com/release/3650674-Rush-Clockwork-Angels

I kept it with my package but now that you guys mention it I might use it on my machine.

#12396 1 year ago

I got m my premium as a show game.

Just curious, did the NIB premiums come with any goodies? My baggie stapled to the game only has a manual, I think.

Thanks

#12397 1 year ago

Just curious, did the NIB premiums come with any goodies? My baggie stapled to the game only has a manual, I think.
Thanks

Nobody had any goodies with their machine.

#12398 1 year ago

Thanks

Oh sure, just node10 board roulette game. Just kidding. Welcome to the club!

#12399 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Oh sure, just node10 board roulette game. Just kidding. Welcome to the club!

ha ha

Thanks.

#12400 1 year ago
Quoted from Gabpower:

Nobody had any goodies with their machine.

Man… Stern getting cheaper and greedier ever new release.

Game is awesome though! Oh well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 49.99
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rehoboth Beach, DE
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods
Plastics
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,847 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 357.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/248 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.