IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 358.
#12251 1 year ago

have a handful ready to go inbox me if interested

F78A52AE-E334-4A8C-A55E-63634171F19C (resized).jpegF78A52AE-E334-4A8C-A55E-63634171F19C (resized).jpeg
#12252 1 year ago

Don't you love it when ball save is on and you drain hard down the middle and it kicks a new ball in but the ball that drained bounces right back out in front of the flippers and you pop it back into play.. . Free add a ball.

#12253 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

My wife ( who begrudgingly went to one rush concert with me 20 years ago and hated every minute) :
"Oh, my God .. now I have Rush songs popping into my head all day long!"
Love it!

quick save your marriage..., sell me your RUSH at a discount lol

#12254 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

My wife ( who begrudgingly went to one rush concert with me 20 years ago and hated every minute) :
Love it!

That's what she gets for making you watch Emily in Paris, Season 3.

#12255 1 year ago
Quoted from 6point5degrees:

That's what she gets for making you watch Emily in Paris, Season 3.

Yeah, she's a good sport. She actually encourages pin purchases because she knows they make me happy. Rush has been here 2 weeks and she played her first ball yesterday, pretended to be impressed, even SHE noticed that the time machine is a ripoff of LOTR, and walked back upstairs

#12256 1 year ago

Every game is a ripoff of Humpty Dumpty!

#12257 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

For that, you really need to add this BSD mod to your collection . . .
[quoted image]

Oh wow! Is that ever cool… i want one!
I wonder if it would play weird with the flipper buttons on that angle though.
One ofe the most unique pins I have ever seen.

#12258 1 year ago

What was the fix for the bottom scoop struggling to kick the ball out? It registers just acts like the ball is hung up on something but working.

#12259 1 year ago
Quoted from livetowin:

What was the fix for the bottom scoop struggling to kick the ball out? It registers just acts like the ball is hung up on something but working.

move your switch a little it can bind if too close

#12260 1 year ago

Rush is my first Stern LE….I noticed some some small leg protectors from the factory. Do you guys use something extra? Like the plastic ones from Pinball Life?

#12261 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Rush is my first Stern LE….I noticed some some small leg protectors from the factory. Do you guys use something extra? Like the plastic ones from Pinball Life?

No, the factory leg spacers are all you need. If you add more there, you risk the plastic rubbing on the cabinet decals and causing problems.

#12262 1 year ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

No, the factory leg spacers are all you need. If you add more there, you risk the plastic rubbing on the cabinet decals and causing problems.

Perfect. That’s what I was thinking too

#12263 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

the only thing that I would do is change them out from the plastic type (if that's what was installed) to the metal ones. both types are mounted the same way, so you wouldn't be adding any additional holes to your cabinet

https://www.pinballlife.com/metal-cabinet-protectors-set-of-4.html

ps
I don't think that any stern machines exhibit this issue, but spooky machines [used to] apply the leg protectors over the decals on the cabinet, instead of the decal be cut out in that area where the leg protector was mounted. stress on the corners of the cabinet (from nudging during play) will cause the decals to stretch and tear over time.

restoration artists like chris hutchins will cut out the decal (with about 1/8" gap outside of where the leg protector is mounted). this prevents any undue stress on the decals.

#12264 1 year ago

So can anyone assist me with a game play question: On Rayday's tutorial, at approx 20:09, he is in multiball and has a ball cradled on both lower flippers. He then does something to lower the top right flipper so he can hit the right orbit. My question is how he got the right upper flipper to drop while not dropping the right lower flipper and losing his ball?

#12265 1 year ago
Quoted from bouche03:

So can anyone assist me with a game play question: On Rayday's tutorial, at approx 20:09, he is in multiball and has a ball cradled on both lower flippers. He then does something to lower the top right flipper so he can hit the right orbit. My question is how he got the right upper flipper to drop while not dropping the right lower flipper and losing his ball?

He takes just a bit of pressure off the right flipper button. There are double contacts on the right flipper switch. Soft press you'll just engage the bottom flipper, full press engages both.

#12266 1 year ago
Quoted from bouche03:

It’s a cool pro move called stage flipping. It requires touch to just slightly release the flipper button to drop the upper flipper and not the lower.

Not sure why no pinball manufacturers have added a slight tactile feedback to let you feel when the second stage flipper engages and disengages. I should play around and invent something that has the feel of a ballpoint pen click to make it more intuitive.

#12267 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Love it!

#12268 1 year ago

My wife bought us tickets and Loved it so much She bought a Box the next time they Came back.

#12269 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

I only cut and install stick on felt strips behind both sides of the leg before installation to protect the cabinet decals. I also install nylon leg bolt protectors to protect the legs where the bolts tighten down. Cheap protection and peace of mind!

#12270 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Just finished up the Metallica flipper button protectors. Next project is the Rush LE guitar button protector. Hope to have them available by the end of February. Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Will be adding the Rush Pro/Premium flipper button protectors to my store later today. Based on the Rush LE guitar side rails and made from black plexiglass 31 x 7 inches in size. Very easy install as fits over the flipper buttons and under the side rails. Installs with four screws (not screwed in for the pictures as had to use my Iron Maiden for demonstration purposes). PM if you have any questions. Cheers.
16F3A669-74A7-4EC9-A4AE-A185E0E4654A (resized).jpeg16F3A669-74A7-4EC9-A4AE-A185E0E4654A (resized).jpeg2CF2B549-4E68-4A08-BB49-A8AD0B8DA129 (resized).jpeg2CF2B549-4E68-4A08-BB49-A8AD0B8DA129 (resized).jpeg691F0C3A-0F85-4B96-B119-0C9428BBC616 (resized).jpeg691F0C3A-0F85-4B96-B119-0C9428BBC616 (resized).jpeg828821B8-FC24-447D-8FB4-FE7EF6149A7E (resized).jpeg828821B8-FC24-447D-8FB4-FE7EF6149A7E (resized).jpeg

#12271 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Will be adding the Rush Pro/Premium flipper button protectors to my store later today. Based on the Rush LE guitar side rails and made from black plexiglass. Very easy install as fits over the flipper buttons and under the side rails. Installs with four screws (not screwed in for the pictures as had to use my Iron Maiden for demonstration purposes). PM if you have any questions. Cheers.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I get the idea here, but on this case, does the artwork look like it fits in with the cutouts? The LE has artwork that compliments the rails.

#12272 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I get the idea here, but on this case, does the artwork look like it fits in with the cutouts? The LE has artwork that compliments the rails.

Really up to the owner, you can personalize it if you want to add color inserts, etc. Just making it available to Pro/Premium owners that like the look of the LE and want something similar for their game. Also has a function to protect the button areas from wear over time.

#12273 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

For the Premium, something like this.

IMG_3260 (resized).jpgIMG_3260 (resized).jpg
#12274 1 year ago
Quoted from Ten31:

[quoted image]

Thanks for the image. This is what they look like on the LE compared to the original. I am also working on a clockwork angels decal to go under the head of the guitar so the outline will stand out more.
3CAC973B-46F8-4BD4-BD0B-DCA2DEFF4739 (resized).png3CAC973B-46F8-4BD4-BD0B-DCA2DEFF4739 (resized).png

#12275 1 year ago
Quoted from Ten31:

[quoted image]

Here's the best I can do for the forgotten ...
Screenshot_20230204-123046 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230204-123046 (resized).png

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12276 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

[quoted image]

That's really not going to help sales

#12277 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

That's really not going to help sales

It's .01% better than before... Which was a big goose egg without pictures

#12278 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

[quoted image]

This might be a better estimate. But I'll let the people judge.

This seems better than the Premium because the artwork is busier. It frames Alex nicely if I got the dimensions right. But if it takes out Neils face, that would be sacrilege.

pro (resized).jpgpro (resized).jpg

#12279 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

[quoted image]

I want that for my LE!

#12280 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I want that for my LE!

Sorry man the only way to get that killer artwork is to buy the pro.

#12281 1 year ago

Can you do something like you did for Metalica? but for the rush Pin? I think those would look real nice on the Premium/Pro

155837b19691972a4a8c98d753824e5c51bfa604 (resized).jpg155837b19691972a4a8c98d753824e5c51bfa604 (resized).jpg
#12282 1 year ago
Quoted from Ten31:

This seems better than the Premium because the artwork is busier. It frames Alex nicely if I got the dimensions right. But if it takes out Neils face, that would be sacrilege.
[quoted image]

I can lengthen the guitar neck a little so it doesn’t interfere with Neil’s head. Have to find a local Pro/Premium to see how it really looks.

#12283 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I can lengthen the guitar neck a little so it doesn’t interfere with Neil’s head. Have to find a local Pro/Premium to see how it really looks.

I happen to know where your old Pro is… happy to help if u need something for mock-up etc.

#12284 1 year ago

Installed the NinjaCamp VUK mod and the Gameroommods Loop mod today. No rejects on the VUK shot so far. I had one or two really fast shots not catch on the loop, but its a huge improvement where only very slow rollers would register before. I may try to tweak the switch a bit next. Thanks to both crews there for the nice addons.

#12285 1 year ago
Quoted from Ten31:

[quoted image]

Thanks.... both sides need to be considered on the pro and the other/left side might even be more problematic

#12286 1 year ago

Installed the NinjaCamp scoop protector yesterday. I just picked my game up with 17 lifetime plays, and in the past 2 weeks put on about 100 more. It had the scoop fix with the forks installed. As we played, we noticed dings and bends forming on the protectors already. So, I ordered this protector.
Took the metal protectors off and there was already damage starting on the clearcoat of the side scoop edge
It took some time to install, but it all went smoothly, and it looks so much cleaner than all that metal.These feel like they will do a much better job, without bending and digging into the playfield. The ball still sinks in nice and solid, and I don't feel like it interferes with the ball trajectory like those forks may have.
It is ridiculous that Stern put these games out without some testing, as my scoop would have been chewed to shit in no time if I hadn't done this.
Thanks, NinjaCamp for these protectors. I went with black to play it safe, but I think orange would have looked cool. Good luck all! Keep your scoops safe!

Before:
IMG_20230204_094751515_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230204_094751515_HDR (resized).jpg

After:
IMG_20230204_143121404_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230204_143121404_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230204_143125357 (resized).jpgIMG_20230204_143125357 (resized).jpg
After after:

IMG_20230204_175754429 (resized).jpgIMG_20230204_175754429 (resized).jpg

#12287 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Installed the NinjaCamp scoop protector yesterday. I just picked my game up with 17 lifetime plays, and in the past 2 weeks put on about 100 more. It had the scoop fix with the forks installed. As we played, we noticed dings and bends forming on the protectors already. So, I ordered this protector.
Took the metal protectors off and there was already damage starting on the clearcoat of the side scoop edge
It took some time to install, but it all went smoothly, and it looks so much cleaner than all that metal.These feel like they will do a much better job, without bending and digging into the playfield. The ball still sinks in nice and solid, and I don't feel like it interferes with the ball trajectory like those forks may have.
It is ridiculous that Stern put these games out without some testing, as my scoop would have been chewed to shit in no time if I hadn't done this.
Thanks, NinjaCamp for these protectors. I went with black to play it safe, but I think orange would have looked cool. Good luck all! Keep your scoops safe!
Before:
[quoted image]
After:
After after:
[quoted image]

Looks so much better. Don't know if it's needed, but I put mylar the ninja under and down the front of the scoops. Prob overkill, but I feel safer

#12288 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Looks so much better. Don't know if it's needed, but I put mylar the ninja under and down the front of the scoops. Prob overkill, but I feel safer

I did the same 500 plays ago, and the ninja protectors and mylar have held up beautifully.

#12289 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I put the Pinball Monk mylar under the Ninja. Significantly better than what Stern did.

#12290 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thanks.... both sides need to be considered on the pro and the other/left side might even be more problematic

This is a guestimate of what the left side pro would be. Neil's face does seem to be in the danger zone.

pro-left (resized).jpgpro-left (resized).jpg

#12291 1 year ago
Quoted from Ten31:

This is a guestimate of what the left side pro would be. Neil's face does seem to be in the danger zone.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the images. Going to put this project on the backburner, too much work to make them with buying the materials, getting them laser cut, finding proper size boxes to ship them, etc. Will stick to making the smaller ones but will offer a similar one to Metallica with the Rush logo.

RUSH logo plate (resized).jpgRUSH logo plate (resized).jpg
#12292 1 year ago

Changed over to clear rubbers this afternoon. Not too many to change, but a few that are a real beeyotch! I'm not sure about the clear flipper rubbers, but left them on for now. They remind me of old man new balance sneakers with all that white They will probably look ok once I find flipper toppers I love
I love getting those metal washers off the slings. I had the perfect color washers for it, so no need for full sling plastic protectors.

IMG_20230205_134500307_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230205_134500307_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230205_140109178 (resized).jpgIMG_20230205_140109178 (resized).jpg

#12293 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Changed over to clear rubbers this afternoon. Not too many to change, but a few that are a real beeyotch! I'm not sure about the clear flipper rubbers, but left them on for now. They remind me of old man new balance sneakers with all that white They will probably look ok once I find flipper toppers I love
I love getting those metal washers off the slings. I had the perfect color washers for it, so no need for full sling plastic protectors.

Now you need these......from here: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod

Precision Flippers (resized).pngPrecision Flippers (resized).png
#12294 1 year ago

Oh, and don't forget to order the replacement shafts and bushings. Smooth like butter.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06993-precision-flipper-shaft-bushing

#12295 1 year ago

I'm in the club! Traded my Star Wars for a Rush Pro. Two quick questions:

What are the default outlane positions? Mine has them both all the way down, is that normal?

What's the consensus best way to fix the upper loop switch not registering? Mine has that problem, fast shots almost never register. I see a number of possibilities in the key posts index - is there a group favorite?

#12296 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

I'm in the club! Traded my Star Wars for a Rush Pro. Two quick questions:
What are the default outlane positions? Mine has them both all the way down, is that normal?
What's the consensus best way to fix the upper loop switch not registering? Mine has that problem, fast shots almost never register. I see a number of possibilities in the key posts index - is there a group favorite?

That was the position of the outlane posts on my LE from the factory. I've left them. They drain just fine the way they are.

For the inner loop, for a quick fix, the stick-on foam method works great. Longer term, the Ninja fixes work nicely, but also the clear lane covers appear to be doing the job. I still have a cheap piece of foam in the curve on my LE, and it still works every time. Mostly personal preference.

#12297 1 year ago

I found 3D printing my own loop corrector to be especially gratifying. Works a treat! Here's the designer's original post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/194#post-7154941

#12298 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

You’ll get 50/50 replies on this, what works for one, may not work the same for another. I myself, went with NinjaCamp’s loop assist kit, and never needed to try anything beyond that. As it works 100% on mine, didn’t need to try anything else.

Others have had great success with the clear lane cover, I cannot speak from any personal experience with that method. Try one method, if it doesn’t deliver, go with the other.

Welcome to the club!

#12299 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

What's the consensus best way to fix the upper loop switch not registering? Mine has that problem, fast shots almost never register

Another vote for ninja camp.

Simple, stealthy, elegant, very easy install.
Only had to remove 1 easy access nut.
I've got a plastic cover mod but I don't plan to use it and don't really want that on my game and this NC seems to work. I also tried a version of the 3d print sometime sent me and the channel fit was too tight to get it on in my experience, and so the NC solution is basically the same concept but softer material and easy install with and additional part in their solution which is invisible so NC again wins.

Just get the full kit, all three pieces.. 2 for orbit and 1 for shooter lane.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06740-rush-inner-loop-assist-amp-soft-plunge-corrector

PXL_20230203_170930339 (resized).jpgPXL_20230203_170930339 (resized).jpg
#12300 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

Can you do something like you did for Metalica? but for the rush Pin? I think those would look real nice on the Premium/Pro
[quoted image]

How about these? Would likely use a nice shinny red paper behind the Rush letters and maybe gold behind the Geddy symbol. Thanks.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/246?hl=diablorush and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.