IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 358.
#12201 1 year ago

Just a shout out for the Red barchetta mod from rocket City Pinball... Excellent quality, easy install and looks very natural in the game. Especially with the back wall white and red bulbs casting light over it. It's proportionally perfect and looks like it was meant to be there. The headlights lighting with the super jackpot bulb is an added bonus, which is optional, and additionally with the headlight option you get a modified bulb that allows it to sit flush and brass hardware for the super jackpot sign! Really great mod.
PXL_20230129_232450099 (resized).jpgPXL_20230129_232450099 (resized).jpg

PXL_20230129_225926111 (resized).jpgPXL_20230129_225926111 (resized).jpg
#12202 1 year ago

Hello I was just playing a RUSH last week at a arcade and was playing my Tron which has the mini tron arcade and though.
Rush really should have a Tempest Arcade game mod (if you don't know why watch the subdivisions video again @

)

and I didn't see any others so I made one (maybe someday I'll get a RUSH pinball

anyway if your interested in one of these here's a link to them on my shop. I just made 2 but can make more if people want them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/07775-rush-pinball-subdivisions-tempest-video-game-mod

-brian
"Brought to you by the letter B"

#12203 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

Hello I was just playing a RUSH last week at a arcade and was playing my Tron which has the mini tron arcade and though.
Rush really should have a Tempest Arcade game mod (if you don't know why watch the subdivisions video again @ )
and I didn't see any others so I made one (maybe someday I'll get a RUSH pinball
anyway if your interested in one of these here's a link to them on my shop. I just made 2 but can make more if people want them.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/07775-rush-pinball-subdivisions-tempest-video-game-mod
-brian
"Brought to you by the letter B"

IMG_1418 (resized).JPGIMG_1418 (resized).JPGIMG_1419 (resized).JPGIMG_1419 (resized).JPGIMG_1420 (resized).JPGIMG_1420 (resized).JPGIMG_1421 (resized).JPGIMG_1421 (resized).JPG
#12204 1 year ago

Is tempest related to rush at all other than that 4 second clip in subdivisions? Is there another connection I don’t know about?

Serious question, I know rush has a long history.

#12205 1 year ago
Quoted from trt8ian:

Hope this is not too off topic, but I would like opinions of Rush owners. Had my Rush LE for over a year and LOVE it. It’s my first pin, and my question is, is there other pins out there as cool and challenging as our Rush? Thinking about picking up a second. Any theme is a consideration, thanks.

For "modern" pins, and if you like music pins, you can't go wrong with either IMDN or MET. I will disagree with those that have said MET is better than IMDN but it's personal opinion. They are both fantastic pins. I've also got a Star Wars LE which is a nasty, complex game. I'd also put GZ, DP and JP on your list of games to try.

lineup (resized).jpglineup (resized).jpg

#12206 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

My question is on the reworked scoop. It seems overly tight with the 2nd gen stern protector on there. Is there a way to open it up a little more?

I thought the same thing when first I saw it, but I've found it to be a surprisingly open shot as-is. Have you played it yet?

#12207 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Is tempest related to rush at all other than that 4 second clip in subdivisions? Is there another connection I don’t know about?
Serious question, I know rush has a long history.

no that's it as far as I know. although it re-occured quite a few times in the subdivisions video and if I recall correctly ended with the tempest game screen and it's the only game they featured the character playing.
also it's a great game to play especially if you are listening to rush.

there was also a pacman and 2 taito games (barely visible) in the video but those were just for a short second. I think it would be a cool toy to put all together with a little Neil Peart or Geddy or Alex playing them.

#12208 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

no that's it as far as I know. although it re-occured quite a few times in the subdivisions video and if I recall correctly ended with the tempest game screen.
also it's a great game to play especially if you are listening to rush.
there was also a pacman and 2 taito games (barely visible) in the video but those were just for a short second. I think it would be a cool toy to put all together with a little Neil Peart or Geddyor Alex playing them.

Well I think it’s cool! Subdivisions is one of my favorite tracks in the game.

#12209 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Had the same problem. I ended up working with Scott Danesi at Pinballlife to figure out the issue. There is a bug in Stern's code that doesn't recognize the volume knob correctly if it is in between the detents/notches as the knob is turned into position. Stern is aware and a code fix is coming. The issue is only found with RUSH pins.
Temporary workaround: gently turn the knob until you can feel it resting in one of the notches before you turn on the pin.

I just saw this, I know it's unrelated to RUSH but it seems to be potentially the same problem. TMNT people with the headphone jacks also are reporting weird inability to boot. I"m betting this is the same issue (I've had the problem myself)

#12210 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Well I think it’s cool! Subdivisions is one of my favorite tracks in the game.

hah YES! Subdivisions is one of my favorite Rush tracks and one of my favorite tracks of all time. In fact I am tempted to buy a rush even though I have no space and my pinball budget is WAY blown already this year just because I want to play this song in a pinball game!

#12211 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

2. My manual plunge is shit. You have to pull back all of the way…hard just to get out of the shooter lane. It barely makes it. Auto plunge is fine. It will send it all the way around

I had a similar issue after about 100 plays. I found the screw at the end of the ramp of the shooting lane was loose. I tightened that up and it pushed the top of the ramp down snug and it plunges fully now instead of barely making it.

#12212 1 year ago

I haven't seen mention in this thread yet that Peak-Pin has found the likely cause of the node 10 failures in Premium/LE models. Details are in the dedicated node 10 thread (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-node-board-10-issues-and-non-issues-list/page/4#post-7366041).

In short, the connector for the ramp motor has incorrectly-sized pins for the wire gauge used by the motor. Stern did a hack to get around this (putting solder on the wires prior to crimping, which is a no-no for this type of crimp) and also it appears many of the wire crimps were incorrectly done, resulting in possible intermittent electrical connection. Solution is either recrimp proper connectors, solder existing connectors, or just cut out the plug and hard-wire/solder the connections.

I choose the later. Cut out the plug and hard-wired everything together.

Great job @peak-pin. Nice to finally have a likely solution to this long-running problem.
IMG_0589 (resized).JPGIMG_0589 (resized).JPG

#12213 1 year ago

I just listened to Free Play Pinball Podcast's interview with John Borg. There's some really cool back-story information on the creation of RUSH and the stuff that didn't make it into the game.

For instance, Far Cry multiball was supposed to be Roll The Bones, which is why the dice are still on the scoops. It was to include a lighted die where each dot lit up to indicate the millions of bonus you were earning. But they had too many songs and one had to be cut so they went with Far Cry instead.

Also, he said that the toppers for both Godzilla and Rush are done and just waiting to get worked into the production schedule. He expects them to be released at either the same time or one right after the other.

#12214 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I just listened to Free Play Pinball Podcast's interview with John Borg. There's some really cool back-story information on the creation of RUSH and the stuff that didn't make it into the game.
For instance, Far Cry multiball was supposed to be Roll The Bones, which is why the dice are still on the scoops. It was to include a lighted die where each dot lit up to indicate the millions of bonus you were earning. But they had too many songs and one had to be cut so they went with Far Cry instead.
Also, he said that the toppers for both Godzilla and Rush are done and just waiting to get worked into the production schedule. He expects them to be released at either the same time or one right after the other.

Interesting! Shame about Roll The Bones wonder if they already have it coded up

Any chance he mentioned expression lights for pro/prem?

#12215 1 year ago
Quoted from johnnytruant:

Interesting! Shame about Roll The Bones wonder if they already have it coded up
Any chance he mentioned expression lights for pro/prem?

Yes, they talked about all the mods, but not when they'd be coming. Just said there's a lot of catching up to do. He did say they were building expression lights for purchase.

#12216 1 year ago

Great news on expression lights!

A really cool moment. I was playing big money, and hit the lit mystery scoop as Geddy sings " a Cinderella story On a tumble of the dice..." look up to watch the mystery sequence dice tumble right on queue with the lyrics.. one of many great moments!

#12217 1 year ago

Got both my speaker and undercab expressive lights working yesterday with the 48v splitter that I initially forgot to order (thanks Ninjas!), and almost immediately had my best game ever. Just over 700 mil. Nothing compared to some, I know, but that was more fun than a person should be allowed to have.

I LOVE this game.

#12218 1 year ago

Brought home a Rush Premium over the weekend. My two main issues are rejects at the VUK and Loops rarely registering. I ordered the ninjacamp mod for the vuk and the gameroom mod for the loop. Hopefully those help out.

Question about the light above the side scoop. I noticed once I light the first lock the green light above the scoop lights. It seems to stay lit once the first ball is locked even though the second lock isn't actually lit. Hitting the side scoop simply results in the ball getting ejected. Can anyone "shed some light" on what the green bulb is indicating in this circumstance? Thanks

#12219 1 year ago

So are we really not going to see any Rush pins made in 2023? Flipnout is taking orders for 2024.

Yikes!

Nitro says 2023 still for pre-orders. I have also heard rumors of no more Rush.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#12220 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

So are we really not going to see any Rush pins made in 2023? Flipnout is taking orders for 2024.
Yikes!
[quoted image]

Would you make them with a known node board problem?

#12221 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I have also heard rumors of no more Rush.

Quoted from Black_Knight:

Where's the Pro love??

#12222 1 year ago

That could very well be the issue

#12223 1 year ago

Narrator: … and that’s how RUSH became the most the sought after pinball machine.
Not only is it GOAT,
But now they were all Limited

#12224 1 year ago

This will be solved, no doubt here.

#12225 1 year ago

Both of my disturbutors said Stern as of now won't be running Rush until 2024. Take it with the grain of salt. I think most of us have seen the tentative build sheet for 2023 and it wasn't on there.

I think it has to do more with them wanting to justify support the new price increases. I think lol

#12226 1 year ago

I saw a distro sheet back in December and no Rush for 2023, so grab one if you are thinking about it.

#12227 1 year ago

Could this be a business decision to support increased production blowing up Godzilla to try and meet demand while it's hot? The node board issue would be an influencer for the premium halt and if the rush pro sales are anemic, then a complete halt makes it an easy decision to follow the money... Just speculating, as I dunno.
Optimistically they can now focus on expression lights and topper!

#12228 1 year ago

The Rush music fans bought most of the machines when this title was first introduced. Now, you have people who have never heard of the band (think millenial age group) getting the opportunity to actually play the game and discovering what a fantastic game it is.... even if they are not into the music. I have seen this on several occasions.

#12229 1 year ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I saw a distro sheet back in December and no Rush for 2023, so grab one if you are thinking about it.

I think mostly a few pros around. Flipnout has a few.

Quoted from Vespula:

Could this be a business decision to support increased production blowing up Godzilla to try and meet demand while it's hot? The node board issue would be an influencer for the premium halt and if the rush pro sales are anemic, then a complete halt makes it an easy decision to follow the money... Just speculating, as I dunno.
Optimistically they can now focus on expression lights and topper!

I think GZ and other backlog pins and accessories are priority for sure. They are also moving to a new facility.

All we can do is speculate!

Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Yep - no issues with the pro either

#12230 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I think mostly a few pros around. Flipnout has a few.

Will at old town pinball has pros and premiums I believe.

#12231 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Question about the light above the side scoop. I noticed once I light the first lock the green light above the scoop lights. It seems to stay lit once the first ball is locked even though the second lock isn't actually lit. Hitting the side scoop simply results in the ball getting ejected. Can anyone "shed some light" on what the green bulb is indicating in this circumstance?

It is to indicate that you have a ball locked. (#3 below)

1. Both scoop lights off: no lock
2. Top scoop light flashing: Lock enabled for Far Cry
3. Top scoop light solid: Ball locked for Far Cry, second lock not enabled yet
4. Both scoop lights flashing: Hit either scoop to start Far Cry multiball

At factory settings, you need to hit the standups around the right ramp, then the ramp itself, to enable the lock each time. The difficulty can be adjusted in the settings.

#12232 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

It is to indicate that you have a ball locked. (#3 below)
1. Both scoop lights off: no lock
2. Top scoop light flashing: Lock enabled for Far Cry
3. Top scoop light solid: Ball locked for Far Cry, second lock not enabled yet
4. Both scoops lights flashing: Hit either scoop to start Far Cry multiball
At factory settings, you need to hit the standups around the right ramp, then the ramp itself, to enable the lock each time. The difficulty can be adjusted in the settings.

Thanks for the rundown. Very helpful.

#12233 1 year ago

Just finished up the Metallica flipper button protectors. Next project is the Rush LE guitar button protector. Hope to have them available by the end of February. Thanks.

14A9F024-3968-4D4D-A14B-4BCB5E95E17B (resized).jpeg14A9F024-3968-4D4D-A14B-4BCB5E95E17B (resized).jpegD03EB5A2-B581-4ED9-AFAE-E9B503375823 (resized).jpegD03EB5A2-B581-4ED9-AFAE-E9B503375823 (resized).jpeg
#12234 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Where's the Pro love??

I have a Pro and I love it, outstanding game and not the issues to worry about with the premium

#12235 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Yes, they talked about all the mods, He did say they were building expression lights for purchase.

They SHOULD have been included on the premiums! Just like Led Zeppelin.

Just mark it on the list of things Rush owners got overlooked and screwed on.
#cantevenincludeadamngoodiebag

#12236 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Yikes!
[quoted image]

Hopefully that will boost up the resale value.

#12237 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Hopefully that will boost up the resale value.

I will never sell mine so it doesn't matter too much

Quoted from Ceckitti:

#cantevenincludeadamngoodiebag

The lack of a goodie bag was really the ultimate in cheap

#12238 1 year ago

I have 2 of these left and the artist is only making a total of 10. Size is 28 x 18 inches and made from wood and hand painted. PM me if you would like further details. Thanks.

51D089CF-2917-49E8-A2A9-F1F7879C5778 (resized).jpeg51D089CF-2917-49E8-A2A9-F1F7879C5778 (resized).jpegC209E5FA-2EAD-4129-A847-408D38E0CF24 (resized).jpegC209E5FA-2EAD-4129-A847-408D38E0CF24 (resized).jpeg0C94BAEE-169F-4208-AA4D-83AF26C1E481 (resized).png0C94BAEE-169F-4208-AA4D-83AF26C1E481 (resized).png

#12239 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I will never sell mine so it doesn't matter too much

I plan on being buried in mine. LoL but it’s nice to see it hold/increase value while other games stay idle/drop.

#12240 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

I plan on being buried in mine.

For that, you really need to add this BSD mod to your collection . . .

BSD (resized).jpgBSD (resized).jpg
#12241 1 year ago

Im keeping my Le I will also be buried in Mine.Looking to buy a second 1 so I can fit.Added Ninja Camps lighting kits and this thing is Badass.

#12242 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Next project is the Rush LE guitar button protector.

Cool! Although, am I mistaken or is that cabinet art showing through the gaps? Probably a dumb question, but I presume the plan is to duplicate that as well?

#12243 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Im keeping my Le I will also be buried in Mine.Looking to buy a second 1 so I can fit.Added Ninja Camps lighting kits and this thing is Badass.

Buy a pro, lots of room there with no node board
Easy pro guys, just kidding

#12244 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Just finished up the Metallica flipper button protectors. Next project is the Rush LE guitar button protector. Hope to have them available by the end of February. Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

looks great looking forward to the Rush...

#12245 1 year ago

Am I just noticing on my pro the red lights on the sensors of left ramp and left side of timemachine with the red light? Are they always on?

PXL_20230201_225955303~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230201_225955303~2 (resized).jpg

#12246 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Am I just noticing on my pro the red lights on the sensors of left ramp and left side of timemachine with the red light? Are they always on?
[quoted image]

Yes, when the beam of light gets broken(ball passing through), is when it triggers. You can see it happen, go into switch tests, use your finger to pass through, it’ll show you.

#12247 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Yes, when the beam of light gets broken(ball passing through), is when it triggers. You can see it happen, go into switch tests, use your finger to pass through, it’ll show you.

Cool stuff. It works. I guess I'm just getting dialed in. Lol
Thx

#12248 1 year ago

My wife ( who begrudgingly went to one rush concert with me 20 years ago and hated every minute) :
"Oh, my God .. now I have Rush songs popping into my head all day long!"
Love it!

#12249 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

My wife ( who begrudgingly went to one rush concert with me 20 years ago and hated every minute) :
Love it!

Maybe the music will grow on her? Hell, you may come hone someday and find her playing Caress of Steel in its entire. Then you'll know she has graduated from occasional listener to hardcore fandom.

#12250 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Love it!

Good luck with the divorce!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/245?hl=diablorush and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.