IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,883 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 358.
#12151 1 year ago
Quoted from trt8ian:

Hope this is not too off topic, but I would like opinions of Rush owners. Had my Rush LE for over a year and LOVE it. It’s my first pin, and my question is, is there other pins out there as cool and challenging as our Rush? Thinking about picking up a second. Any theme is a consideration, thanks.

Iron Maiden = GOAT!!!

#12152 1 year ago

RUSH GOAT
BUT
Seconded. IMDN

Quoted from Sjoend:

Iron Maiden = GOAT!!!

#12153 1 year ago
Quoted from JMK:

trt8ian Love my Rush LE as well.
Perhaps check out some of the Elwin titles: Godzilla, Jurassic Park & Iron Maiden are some my faves & think they are generally well regarded.
See if you can play these on location or at your local dealer to determine if they’re up your alley.

JMK Played Godzilla and enjoyed it more than I thought, so that would be one. Really thinking about IM, and I assume talking “Legacy”? Thank you for the input!

#12154 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

RUSH GOAT
BUT
Seconded. IMDN

Thanks Sjoend and @apollo18, I needed reassurance as that’s the one I’m thinking!

#12155 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

The action button doesn’t even work to start a game. It doesn’t work to choose people on my IC home team…

I haven’t tried it personally, but I don’t think the action button starts the game. Once you press Start, you can use it to eject the ball out of the shooter lane, to start gameplay.

Most/all your questions can be answered, searching and reading through this thread.

Also, when your lockdown bar is off, is your coin door still open? If so, pull the little white knob on the left, inside the coin door, or close the coin door before testing.

#12156 1 year ago

Just wanted to give an update. I found the problem with the Action button. I took the leaf switch off and the whole switch was bent closed so I bent it up to open and now it works. Thanks for all the help!!!

#12157 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

I don’t think the action button starts the game.

I do.

#12158 1 year ago
Quoted from trt8ian:

Hope this is not too off topic, but I would like opinions of Rush owners. Had my Rush LE for over a year and LOVE it. It’s my first pin, and my question is, is there other pins out there as cool and challenging as our Rush? Thinking about picking up a second. Any theme is a consideration, thanks.

Many! My biggest recommendation is to play them first. Others here recommended Iron Maiden, but for me it's near the the bottom of modern pins. John Borg designed this game - you may want to check out his other pins. I just sold my Metallica Pro and that's a Top 5 game for me.

#12159 1 year ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

thanks again for your cool looking mod.....
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow!
You got that very fast .
Awesome. I’m glad you like it

#12160 1 year ago
Quoted from trt8ian:

is there other pins out there as cool and challenging as our Rush?

I have two very different but complementary pins.
Rush Pro and Guns N' Roses (LE)
Guns N' Roses (LE) is pushing for first place in the "what is the most polarizing pin" thread... And it probably deserves first place, or at minimum in the top 3. It's definitely a polarizing title. But if you like GNR music then you might add it on your consideration list.

Don't know if you have any good experience with it and picked a side yet, but Love it or hate it, to me, Guns N' Roses (LE) is as cool and as challenging as Rush.

#12161 1 year ago
Quoted from trt8ian:

LOTR!

Check out my collection.

#12162 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Just wanted to give an update. I found the problem with the Action button. I took the leaf switch off and the whole switch was bent closed so I bent it up to open and now it works. Thanks for all the help!!!

I stand corrected on my theory, and can admit it

Learned something new about the game.

#12163 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern's garbage coil stops strike again. When you remove them, you'll find that the middle post is loose because the brass ring around them holding them to the main bracket has disintegrated.
Pinball life has much better ones that will last a long time for $4.95. Buy a bunch so you have them on hand.
https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

And here I was thinking maybe Leprechauns were crawling around in my machine at night.

I’ve heard of the infamous Stern coil stops but didn’t know what it would look like. I haven’t noticed any issue with game play though. I’ve got replacements on order now. Thanks.

#12164 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

2. My manual plunge is shit. You have to pull back all of the way…hard just to get out of the shooter lane. It barely makes it. Auto plunge is fine. It will send it all the way around

Check to see if the auto-launch mechanism's forks are moving when you manually plunge. If so, you will want to raise the playfield, completely remove the RED screws on the inside plate of the shooter rod assembly, then slightly loosen the others. Put the playfield down, and move the shooter assembly from the front side of cabinet until it no longer drags the forks forward when you manually plunge. Once you're finished, tighten the screws you loosened, then put the red screws back in.

#12165 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

And here I was thinking maybe Leprechauns were crawling around in my machine at night.
I’ve heard of the infamous Stern coil stops but didn’t know what it would look like. I haven’t noticed any issue with game play though. I’ve got replacements on order now. Thanks.

It eventually robs the affected flipper(s) of power and can cause them to stick up until something knocks them back (vibration, ball, shaking etc). Really pathetic Stern has done nothing to correct this well known issue with better stops after many, MANY years.

#12166 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

RUSH GOAT
BUT
Seconded. IMDN

OK I yield, RUSH is also a GOAT, but there is a difference…

I think you can guess which GOAT is IMND.

500D4FF3-9301-406A-81EE-9B44D3E1C03B (resized).jpeg500D4FF3-9301-406A-81EE-9B44D3E1C03B (resized).jpegEE8C23F3-DF74-4914-B494-7AB40D99AC1B (resized).jpegEE8C23F3-DF74-4914-B494-7AB40D99AC1B (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12167 1 year ago

For those that love the Rush Beer

#12168 1 year ago

Hilarious! Love those guys!

#12169 1 year ago

Ordered this fly by night bath mat for my pin.
Just arrived and looks good..Never too many fbn owls.
If you order there's a 20 percent off coupon on the site. Ordered the larger 34x21 size.
https://www.redbubble.com/i/bath-mat/Fly-by-nIght-by-Brandigarcia/99764726.FZTEY

PXL_20230128_160616011 (resized).jpgPXL_20230128_160616011 (resized).jpg
#12170 1 year ago

Would you look at that, I guess Rush is my current favorite.

47FAEBE4-BB31-40AA-90B2-F1C49F34C404 (resized).png47FAEBE4-BB31-40AA-90B2-F1C49F34C404 (resized).png
#12171 1 year ago
Quoted from trt8ian:

And it begins! I have JP. Great game & the whole household migrates towards it
Also have DP & AIQ.

#12172 1 year ago
Quoted from XQJ-37:

I thought it would be cool to switch out the album versions of the songs with live versions. The R40 version of Far Cry, for example, which I personally like better than the studio track. Plus, it would be nice to normalize the volume on that particular track, because it's much louder than the others in the game.
It sounds like that would be possible? Will the track still stop/resume normally with the start of different modes/multiballs? That's one of the coolest things about this game... how the songs pick back up where you left off mid-track, and it would be a shame to lose that.
I can imagine that the video content is more difficult to swap out. Getting it to sync up with the audio, in particular.

The songs will restart after a multiball, just like the original. But if you replace with the live track, it will not sink with the original video, as live is always a different song length. PM if interested or have any other questions. Thanks.

#12173 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Ordered this fly by night bath mat for my pin.
Just arrived and looks good..Never too many fbn owls.
If you order there's a 20 percent off coupon on the site. Ordered the larger 34x21 size.
https://www.redbubble.com/i/bath-mat/Fly-by-nIght-by-Brandigarcia/99764726.FZTEY[quoted image]

Nice!

Does it have any heft to it? I ordered one from Wish and it was light as a feather and I don't love it.

#12174 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Nice!
Does it have any heft to it? I ordered one from Wish and it was light as a feather and I don't love it.

It's pretty light weight, memory foam. Doesn't skid easily on hardwood so that's good. Offers cushion when I'm in my socks. Definitely a bath mat, not like those thick Stern mats, and not a forever mat. No regrets.

#12175 1 year ago

For those still waiting for, or debating ordering, I installed my NinjaCamp under cabinet expression lighting, and love it.

Wasn’t really into any under cabinet lighting, but the fact this works in sync with the expression lights, it’s an awesome effect. Not for everyone, but I’m enjoying it.

4F1B10DF-0A0A-44F8-96A9-51BC99AA5C68 (resized).jpeg4F1B10DF-0A0A-44F8-96A9-51BC99AA5C68 (resized).jpeg764643C9-1CE7-441F-B95A-F79E94A8071F (resized).jpeg764643C9-1CE7-441F-B95A-F79E94A8071F (resized).jpeg9AB38892-D8B2-40ED-B32C-71F12F9F6FD0 (resized).jpeg9AB38892-D8B2-40ED-B32C-71F12F9F6FD0 (resized).jpeg
#12176 1 year ago

Rush took a few awards but most importantly game of the year tonight

#12177 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

We’ll deserved, I would have picked it for theme integration too but you can’t win them all

#12178 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Nice. Proves it wasn't rigged!
Would be nice if there was a transcript of each of the awards, winners and runners up so I don't have to watch it.

#12179 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Would be nice if there was a transcript of each of the awards, winners and runners up so I don't have to watch it.

Here's my notes. I think I got everything, but I may have missed something here or there:

Machine Award Count
------------------------------------
RUSH - 5
Toy Story 4 - 3
Weird Al - 3
Alien - 2
Super Hoop - 0
Spinal Tap - 0

Media awards
----------------------------
Knapp Arcade - 2
Nudge - 1
IEPinball - 1
SDTM - 1
The Pinball Show - 1

Breakdown:

Cabinet/Backglass Art
Toy Story 4

Best Playfield Art
Toy Story 4

Excellence in Pinball Photography
Nudge

Best Music
RUSH

Best Sound Effects
Alien

Best Callouts
Weird Al

Excellence in Writing
Knapp Arcade

Best Lighting & Effects
RUSH

Best Animation Display and Effects
Toy Story 4

Excellence in Social Media
Knapp Arcade

Best Pinball Innovation
Weird Al

Best Toys
Weird Al

Excellence in Videography
SDTM

-----------------------------
Hall of Fame Inductees

EM
Captain Fantastic
WIZARD

70s
Stars

80s
TAXI

90s
Addams Family

2000s
Spiderman

2010s
The Walking Dead
Iron Maiden

Best Theme Integration
Alien

Excellence in Streaming
IE Pinball/Karl DeAngelo

Best Rules
RUSH

Excellence in Podcasting
The Pinball Show

Best Playfield Design/Layout
RUSH

Harry Williams Pinball Legacy Award
George Gomez

Best in Show 2022
RUSH

#12180 1 year ago

Fkn eh, Hosers!

RUSH GOAT!

#12181 1 year ago

F Yeah! This solidifies Rush as a masterpiece!

EF990DE5-877E-4E3E-BCEC-F9F15D1E2BCC (resized).jpegEF990DE5-877E-4E3E-BCEC-F9F15D1E2BCC (resized).jpeg
#12182 1 year ago

PinMonk thank you!

Kinda wish it was a gz & Rush battle
What was the major competition for Rush in 2022?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12183 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Toy Story and Weird Al were the main competition.

My GZ and Rush will probably never leave the arcade. Back to back amazing games IMO.

#12184 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Many! My biggest recommendation is to play them first. Others here recommended Iron Maiden, but for me it's near the the bottom of modern pins. John Borg designed this game - you may want to check out his other pins. I just sold my Metallica Pro and that's a Top 5 game for me.

Agreed, Metallica is better than Iron Maiden. If you like flow and and their music, I had an AC/DC Luci and traded it and regret it very much.

#12185 1 year ago

IMDN is a punishing game. But also IMO as masterpiece 2nd best next to RUSH.

I also recommend IMDN as it is still being built you can get on the next run. Even if you don’t like it, will be a high demand pin secondary market. You might even be able to trade it for a Metallica down the road.

However, all that said
Borg is my fav designer (you can see my lineup)
Check out Metallica and his other designs/pins. MET Another fantastic pin, but hard to find and $$$. when you get rolling on combos… it’s great.

Or wait to see the 2 designs Borg has coming up as he just recently said on a podcast interview…
Hmm. Exciting times.

Quoted from trt8ian:

Thanks Sjoend and Apollo18, I needed reassurance as that’s the one I’m thinking!

#12186 1 year ago

Looking forward to trading in my AIQ and picking up a Rush Prem when I get back next week. I love a good Borg design and am excited to add another to my collection.

My question is on the reworked scoop. It seems overly tight with the 2nd gen stern protector on there. Is there a way to open it up a little more?

#12187 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

IMDN is a punishing game. But also IMO as masterpiece 2nd best next to RUSH.
I also recommend IMDN as it is still being built you can get on the next run. Even if you don’t like it, will be a high demand pin secondary market. You might even be able to trade it for a Metallica down the road.
However, all that said
Borg is my fav designer (you can see my lineup)
Check out Metallica and his other designs/pins. MET Another fantastic pin, but hard to find and $$$. when you get rolling on combos… it’s great.
Or wait to see the 2 designs Borg has coming up as he just recently said on a podcast interview…
Hmm. Exciting times.

What were the designs? Any info?

#12188 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

My question is on the reworked scoop. It seems overly tight with the 2nd gen stern protector on there. Is there a way to open it up a little more?

Ninjacamp.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06616-rush-tpu-scoop-protector-full-protection

And get their scoop sleeves also.

#12189 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Looking forward to trading in my AIQ and picking up a Rush Prem when I get back next week. I love a good Borg design and am excited to add another to my collection.

switch sterns protector to Ninjas

#12190 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

So there are two yearly pinball awards shows now? TWIPY's and this one? Not trying to be jerky, I'm just surprised that they don't merge or something.

#12191 1 year ago

He didn’t say.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

What were the designs? Any info?

#12192 1 year ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

So there are two yearly pinball awards shows now? TWIPY's and this one? Not trying to be jerky, I'm just surprised that they don't merge or something.

Twipy's I believe are all fan driven and attached to the Texas Pinball show. Pinball Awards are mostly industry voted with ~ 10% fan influence. I'm not 100% sure but I feel like Pinball Awards are rooted from Zach Meny and Greg Bone. Maybe someone here knows.

FB_IMG_1675013362486 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1675013362486 (resized).jpg

#12193 1 year ago

I certainly can't argue with the results. Rush deserves each of those awards.

#12194 1 year ago

Holy hell, didn’t realize how much difference this would make, finally installed the NinjaCamp Spinner Lane Adjuster.

Thought my spinner lane was playing fine, but figured I’d throw it in and see. Huge impact, to where I have to account for the speed of it coming out of the lane, and readjust timing. Made a fast game even faster at that spot, lol.

Yet another “I tip my hat to you NC team”, simple and effective.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/07067-rush-spinner-exit-adjuster

#12195 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

It seems overly tight with the 2nd gen stern protector on there

Doesn’t seem that tight…you can backhand it or forehand pretty easily. I really wouldn’t worry about the new redesigned protector IMHO.

#12196 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Doesn’t seem that tight…you can backhand it or forehand pretty easily. I really wouldn’t worry about the new redesigned protector IMHO.

the one I played at my local distributor was tight. I’m not a bad player and it was rejecting like crazy. Maybe it was just that one

#12197 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

i agree, just too much

#12198 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Karl DeAngelo bent his idiot sandwich protectors outward a little.

You could also ditch Stern's bad solution completely and get something like the NinjaCamp one that opens the hole again like it originally came on first run machines.

#12199 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

PinMonk thank you!

There really wasn't any at the same level. Other games picked up some awards, but none were as complete as RUSH.

#12200 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Karl DeAngelo bent his idiot sandwich protectors outward a little.
You could also ditch Stern' bad solution completely and get something like the NinjaCamp one that opens the hole again like it originally came on first run machines.

4CE533A1-2F9C-49B5-9F36-ADD19A216A91 (resized).png4CE533A1-2F9C-49B5-9F36-ADD19A216A91 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
There are 17,883 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/244 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.