IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 358.
#12001 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think the difference is the GZ is not sold by Amazon. The stern store ones are sold by amazon, so probably would qualify, but they drop out of stock pretty quickly.

This is correct - I've purchased a pin directly from Stern (listed at MSRP, not an inflated price like from that billiards place) using their Amazon storefront and received about $450 worth of Amazon points. You will pay tax, of course, but the free shipping is nice.

#12002 1 year ago

My Rush Standup targets are out of order. Just noticed.
Can't find sticky or topic by search.... Thought I read this a long time ago.
Found internet playfield picture that shows it reads 1978 in order like the time machine.

Here is Internet(stock?) picture. And Mine which says 1789
I noticed the little 12-15 on the bottom left corner of each so this makes me think they were installed in proper order but could the install order be intentionally 1789 ? The internet picture shows the little numbers out of order, so someone intentionally changed this in the internet picture to 1978.

Is there some highly intelligent reason they are supposed to be 1789?

Thanks

Rush-Pro-Details-Strobe-015-gadfa-scaled (resized).jpgRush-Pro-Details-Strobe-015-gadfa-scaled (resized).jpg
PXL_20230119_123647342 (resized).jpgPXL_20230119_123647342 (resized).jpg

#12003 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

My Rush Standup targets are out of order. Just noticed.
Can't find sticky or topic by search.... Thought I read this a long time ago.
Stock playfield pictures show it reads 1978 in order like the time machine.
Are these easy to fix and reorder?
Here is Internet(stock?) picture. And Mine which says 1789
I noticed the little 12-15 on the bottom left corner of each so this makes me think they were installed in proper order on mine but maybe the install order was printed wrong from Stern so everyone's is in this 1789 order?
Is there some highly intelligent reason they are supposed to be out of order?
Thanks[quoted image][quoted image]

French Revolution, 1789.

The promo pics were off a machine where the decals had been installed by someone obviously not aware of the connection with the theme.

#12004 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think the difference is the GZ is not sold by Amazon. The stern store ones are sold by amazon, so probably would qualify, but they drop out of stock pretty quickly.

Every single pin I've seen so far (including all the ones showing up in "The Stern Store" today and days previous) is lacking that 5% rebate label. There was a Godzilla Premium in the Stern Store for $9k a few months ago that got me VERY excited considering the 5% rebate...but the rebate wasn't listed.

If they ever have it, I'm...you know, quite interested

#12005 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

French Revolution, 1789.
The promo pics were off a machine where the decals had been installed by someone obviously not aware of the connection with the theme.

THANK YOU!
That deserves a call out "happy Bastille Day everybody!"

And that someone clearly wasn't following the install guide order numbers either.

(Side note: Rush club just broke 12,000 posts in 12 months. Pretty good for such a "niche" group )

#12006 1 year ago

Hey guys…looking to join the club. Looking for a Premium or LE NIB or mint with low plays. Did Stern fix some of the issues with their latest run? Was April their latest run?

#12007 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

That deserves a call out "happy Bastille Day everybody!"

Bonne fête nationale!

Would have been hilarious to hear Geddy shouting this.

#12008 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

Ok this should be a simple one. Why is there gold dust in my machine under the left flipper? I’ve never seen gold dust in a machine before. I’m sure it is scraping/wearing off of something but I don’t see an obvious source.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern's garbage coil stops strike again. When you remove them, you'll find that the middle post is loose because the brass ring around them holding them to the main bracket has disintegrated.
Pinball life has much better ones that will last a long time for $4.95. Buy a bunch so you have them on hand.
https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

I had the same issue this week on my machine after only 400 or so games played. Lifted the playfield to deal with a squeaking shaker motor and ended up also having to change the coil stops out after noticing the dust. As PinMonk mentioned, the middle posts on both lower flipper coil stops were loose and could be spun freely which should never be the case.

Since I mentioned the shaker motor noise, I used CRC 3140 Contact Cleaner and Protectant (https://www.crcindustries.com/products/contact-cleaner-protectant-10-wt-oz.html ) to fix it after searching the forums for recommendations. Removed the shaker motor and sprayed both sides of the axle as well as through the motor's vent holes. Worked great - the annoying squeaking mouse has now left my machine! Your mileage may vary, but I highly recommend trying the CRC spray rather than going straight to a replacement shaker motor. My game has less than 2 months of play so I knew it was unlikely to be failing bearings.

#12009 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Hey guys…looking to join the club. Looking for a Premium or LE NIB or mint with low plays. Did Stern fix some of the issues with their latest run? Was April their latest run?

If you haven't already, before buying, check out the below thread about the Premium and LE:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-node-board-10-issues-and-non-issues-list/page/4#post-7356168

Obviously, opinions vary, but because of these issues, I'm glad I have the Pro.

#12010 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Every single pin I've seen so far (including all the ones showing up in "The Stern Store" today and days previous) is lacking that 5% rebate label. There was a Godzilla Premium in the Stern Store for $9k a few months ago that got me VERY excited considering the 5% rebate...but the rebate wasn't listed.
If they ever have it, I'm...you know, quite interested

I've definitely seen it on RUSH with the rebate with sold by amazon, so it does come up.

#12011 1 year ago

I can see why they wouldn't always push the 5% rebate when it's so much, but I would think you would still get it unless it is specifically excluded somewhere in the terms of the card. Maybe contact Amazon to verify?

#12012 1 year ago

As said earlier, I absolutely received the 5% rebate from Amazon when I bought my Rush Premium from Stern via their Amazon storefront using the Amazon card. It gave the option of choosing between either the 5% back or 18 months financing at 0% interest - basically paying $500 a month. They had three Premiums at the time (late November) and about two weeks later there was one Pro in the store supplied directly from Stern for about a day.

#12013 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

If you haven't already, before buying, check out the below thread about the Premium and LE:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-node-board-10-issues-and-non-issues-list/page/4#post-7356168
Obviously, opinions vary, but because of these issues, I'm glad I have the Pro.

And those of us with no issues on prem/ le are glad we bought . Pro is very good, prem is still the better game

#12014 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

And those of us with no issues on prem/ le are glad we bought . Pro is very good, prem is still the better game

If you like the easy version...

That said, I wish the ball trap behind the instruments was included in the pro.

#12015 1 year ago
Quoted from squaresville:

As said earlier, I absolutely received the 5% rebate from Amazon when I bought my Rush Premium from Stern via their Amazon storefront using the Amazon card. It gave the option of choosing between either the 5% back or 18 months financing at 0% interest - basically paying $500 a month. They had three Premiums at the time (late November) and about two weeks later there was one Pro in the store supplied directly from Stern for about a day.

I did also in August on GZ prem. I opted for a check instead of adding to my account.

#12016 1 year ago
Quoted from Evets:

If you like the easy version...
That said, I wish the ball trap behind the instruments was included in the pro.

solid burn.
For me, I just want the clock.
Wouldn't it be great if you could just buy it and plug it in and it worked with the code on the pro!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12017 1 year ago

Here we go again,which is better Pro or Better Models.Mine is great I hope you enjoy Yours Too.

#12018 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Here we go again, which is better Pro or Better Models. Mine is great I hope you enjoy Yours Too.

Tried to slip that one when nobody is looking.. "pro or better models" lol- I saw it. Nice try.

I think it was just brotherly fun jabs, because as you know Rush fans are the best. Peeer-eee-uhd.
These three models are like the children of Rush fans to me. Just cannot say one is best...
There are pros (no pun intended) and cons to each and I love each equally and differently.

Would I love an LE, you betcha!
Would I love a premium, fo sho!
Would I love a pro, yes, I do!

#12019 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Tried to slip that one when nobody is looking.. "pro or better models" lol- I saw it. Nice try.
I think it was just brotherly fun jabs, because as you know Rush fans are the best. Peeer-eee-uhd.
These three models are like the children of Rush fans to me. Just cannot say one is best...
There are pros (no pun intended) and cons to each and I love each equally and differently.

LOL

#12020 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I’ve only played my LE and another on location but I’d think any model would be great, just need to make the expression light kits so everyone can enjoy that part!

#12021 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

71FC812A-98E8-485A-8CFA-681C9D25A98D (resized).jpeg71FC812A-98E8-485A-8CFA-681C9D25A98D (resized).jpeg
#12022 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I think it was just brotherly fun jabs

Yes, just having some lighthearted fun. I don't have a horse in this race (yet), but I have played and enjoyed pro and premium in the wild on several occasions. I'll probably wind up with the pro, but that's more of a financial decision than anything else.

#12023 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

That look of Neil, seems to be more of “Hey, that’s MY sandwich!”

#12024 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

That look of Neil, seems to be more of “Hey, that’s MY sandwich!”

Or he's thoughtfully daydreaming about his week while he plays closer to the heart.... again.

#12025 1 year ago
Quoted from Evets:

Yes, just having some lighthearted fun. I don't have a horse in this race (yet), but I have played and enjoyed pro and premium in the wild on several occasions. I'll probably wind up with the pro, but that's more of a financial decision than anything else.

I own the LE. The only thing I missed when playing the pro was expression lighting.

#12026 1 year ago

I think I fixed it, but I'm still curious to hear input on this. During a manual plunge the ball appeared to veer left into the upper right flipper about 30% of the time. I think I found the culprit - my plunger was misaligned a tiny bit to the right. I've adjusted the plunger and now it is 98% better. My question though is: What's really making the ball appear to make a hard left into the flipper? There's nothing on the right to bounce off of. The guides on the left are positioned correctly per the sticky at the top of this thread. I can't figure out what would cause that veering.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HHhGc1V_98eGTJkSD2f_DfHU3SbFuKbn/view?usp=sharing

#12027 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I think I fixed it, but I'm still curious to hear input on this. During a manual plunge the ball appeared to veer left into the upper right flipper about 30% of the time. I think I found the culprit - my plunger was misaligned a tiny bit to the right. I've adjusted the plunger and now it is 98% better. My question though is: What's really making the ball appear to make a hard left into the flipper? There's nothing on the right to bounce off of. The guides on the left are positioned correctly per the sticky at the top of this thread. I can't figure out what would cause that veering.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HHhGc1V_98eGTJkSD2f_DfHU3SbFuKbn/view?usp=sharing

I notice my game wants to shift the playfield slightly to the left, getting same results you are. If I remove glass, and push as far right as I can, it's a perfect plunge. I've adjusted the shooter housing , but without the playfield supports/guides underneath, it still does move. I need to shim it over , or buy the supports and hope I put them in the right position

#12028 1 year ago

As much as I try to tell myself that I don’t mind the cornier callouts, I find they are much more palatable if you turn up the speech attenuation to around 20.

#12029 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

As much as I try to tell myself that I don’t mind the cornier callouts, I find they are much more palatable if you turn up the speech attenuation to around 20.

Is that a nice way of saying you wish those guys would quiet down so you can play pinball? earlier in your effusion you said. "Even the corny callouts are on point, being familiar with Alex and Geddy's goofball personalities."

So you like them but you think they are just too loud?
And did you get a pinwoofer or are you still on stock sound? Because you're never going to love this pin in it's glory at home with the stock setup. It's embarrassing (insulting really) and really those paper cones are only capable of a narrow band of mid-range (voice) frequencies, smothered in muddy bass from that woofer. Stock has no clarity, no dynamics. It's like listening to an episode of the shadow on your AM radio.

#12030 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Here we go again,which is better Pro or Better Models.Mine is great I hope you enjoy Yours Too.

The pro vs premium discussing rages in every modern Stern forum. I think for Rush, both fantastic games.

Quoted from thekaiser82:

I own the LE. The only thing I missed when playing the pro was expression lighting.

Having had a LZ premium I agree, want them so badly. One of the main reasons I was ok with the Pro is I knew the ELs were coming. I never dreamed they would take this long.

#12031 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

The pro vs premium discussing rages in every modern Stern forum. I think for Rush, both fantastic games.

I think this is almost always the case. I haven't found a Premium yet that I thought was leaps and bounds better than a Pro, but it's an option for people which is great. I will say I just discovered last night that the dead end shot on the Rush Premium doesn't naturally bounce back to the flipper. I LOVE that shot, and just seeing it shoot up the habitrail makes me sad after having played the Pro. Again, thankfully we have choices!

#12032 1 year ago

Learned a new word. Lol.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12033 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I think this is almost always the case. I haven't found a Premium yet that I thought was leaps and bounds better than a Pro, but it's an option for people which is great. I will say I just discovered last night that the dead end shot on the Rush Premium doesn't naturally bounce back to the flipper. I LOVE that shot, and just seeing it shoot up the habitrail makes me sad after having played the Pro. Again, thankfully we have choices!

I'm a big fan of most Pro's in general but I had to go Godzilla Premium. That game totally blows me away.

#12034 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Is that a nice way of saying you wish those guys would quiet down so you can play pinball? earlier in your effusion you said. "Even the corny callouts are on point, being familiar with Alex and Geddy's goofball personalities."
So you like them but you think they are just too loud?

Uhh, yeah. The callouts don't need to be twice as loud as the music! That default must have been decided on by Stern with location play in mind.

Quoted from Vespula:

And did you get a pinwoofer or are you still on stock sound?

I added a powered subwoofer, sounds good enough to me. I don't turn the volume up very loud, as this game is enough (fun) work without being blasted at. (Actual good music isn't about the decibels, unlike that of some other music pin bands I could name.) I am working on adding some new backbox speakers though.

Quoted from Vespula:

Stock has no clarity, no dynamics.

It'd be even better if there was a turntable inside, playing the music from vinyl, right?

#12035 1 year ago

So, I don’t remember this being discussed before but, on my Rush, if I get a good spinner rip and then a quick drain, sometimes the spinner continues into the next players ball and this will eat up his 2 tries at the skill shot and auto launch the ball. This is extremely dangerous for tournaments. I really do not want to tone down my spinner, I love how juicy it is. Does anyone else have this issue or an easy suggestion, do you think there is a setting to not auto launch the ball?

Thanks

#12036 1 year ago

Uhh, yeah. The callouts don't need to be twice as loud as the music! That default must have been decided on by Stern with location play in mind.

I added a powered subwoofer, sounds good enough to me. I don't turn the volume up very loud, as this game is enough (fun) work without being blasted at. (Actual good music isn't about the decibels, unlike that of some other music pin bands I could name.) I am working on adding some new backbox speakers though.

It'd be even better if there was a turntable inside, playing the music from vinyl, right?

I have to say the pinwoofers are awesome when cranked, but even at normal volume, the detail and effects you hear are worth every penny

#12037 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Learned a new word. Lol.

Anyone who ever owned a hamster knows this one.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habitrail

#12038 1 year ago

LOL. Well, its not about decibels contrary to popular opinion. Adding a sub is great but it doesnt help the frequencies and sounds you ARE TOTALLY NOT HEARING. There are a LOT of game sounds you just dont hear with the stock system and amplifier. Its about quality of sound and frequency range and dynamics which the stern system completely and totally fails at reproducing. I had my Pro stock for about 1 week, dropped in the pinwoofer and it was a ENTIRELY different game. The midrange is at the right level without attenuation because its all balanced. Sounds you dont even know are there and the frequencies outside of the midrange (speech range) all come out of hiding. Its no wonder you only hear speech because the amp and crappy (and I mean REALLY crappy) speakers in the backbox cant repro those frequencies.

I am sure you can attenuate speech but its lipstick on a pig. If you find you love the pin, and we already know how effused you are with Rush music, its just a shame to let this pin sit in its current anemic and pitiful state compared to what is unlocked with the pinwoofer system. I installed one on my GNR, and it was amazing, but I tell you this is something special what pinwoofer does for Rush. Just ask anyone on here that has one. I think you of all people will really appreciate the Rush experience on this pinball machine with a pinwoofer installed... yeah its like almost $400 bucks... but worth it. IF you didnt care for Rush music and I didnt read your earlier post, then I probably wouldnt have even posted about it.

#12039 1 year ago

I put 5.25” kicker speakers in the head and added a $50 powered sub and tweaked the EQ in the settings.

It sounds amazing, you will like it.

#12040 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I put 5.25” kicker speakers in the head and added a $50 powered sub and tweaked the EQ in the settings.

This is a cheaper solution. Agree that at a minimum if you replace the stock speakers you are halfway there, but the PW amp is a key component here. The woofer is also worth it.. Its a complete package, at a premium, yes, but its the best solution (as is everyone's opinion that has one)

#12041 1 year ago

You want to talk cheap, I found some 6.5 inch Duals at the thrift store, brand new for $7.50 a pair.

Just need to learn some 3D modeling and tweak a 5.25 adapter up to 6.5...

#12042 1 year ago

You want to talk cheap, I found some 6.5 inch Duals at the thrift store, brand new for $7.50 a pair.

Will those Bad Boys fit in with the door closed.

#12043 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Will those Bad Boys fit in with the door closed.

It looks like they will if I make them off center towards the middle a bit.

#12044 1 year ago

NEW MOD if anyone is interested to be on list…..
Roll the bones skeleton/dice mod”

Looks incredible with all your Rush mods and stands out perfectly on top of the dice scoops.

Extremely easy install with double back tape or Velcro strip

Finally taking orders on these!

The people that expressed interest months ago will be getting theirs shortly.

If interested please inbox me for info and to get on the list. I’m making them as fast as I can to keep up now.
Thank you
**IF ORDERING FROM DRUMSTARR STORE,PLEASE INBOX ME FIRST FOR DISCOUNT

033C3FB7-2F37-44C0-871C-C49E03461E3F (resized).jpeg033C3FB7-2F37-44C0-871C-C49E03461E3F (resized).jpeg8504BC31-68D7-41AC-80B0-5F48E9F6ACBB (resized).jpeg8504BC31-68D7-41AC-80B0-5F48E9F6ACBB (resized).jpeg

#12045 1 year ago

You are da Dan!
WHO?
DanQVeryMuch

#12046 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I got the $20 Pinsound line out adapter, an $80 Fosil amp from Amazon and reused some old Klipsh tower speakers and a Velodyne sub that I bought back in the 90s. Sounds pretty good, what surprised me is how much more pronounced channel separation is.

Untitled-1 (resized).jpgUntitled-1 (resized).jpg
#12047 1 year ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I got the $20 Pinsound line out adapter, an $80 Fosil amp from Amazon and reused some old Klipsh tower speakers and a Velodyne sub that I bought back in the 90s. Sounds pretty good, what surprised me is how much more pronounced channel separation is.[quoted image]

Aww, you cheated.. external Klipsch Tower speakers... that's a whole different level. Nice!

#12048 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Aww, you cheated.. external Klipsch Tower speakers... that's a whole different level. Nice!

Perhaps a little cheating But hey for just $100 and some old gear it works well! Only thing that confused me is the machines internal volume control still works implying that the Stern amp and eq continue to be part of the audio chain. I thought the line out would bypass all that and rely purely on the external amps but that's not the case. It still sounds good although I did have to disable the internal Stern eq and disconnect all three internal speakers.

#12049 1 year ago

Who wants one? Custom design made from double layer 1/4 inch wood. Look great in any Rush fans pinball room. PM for details. Thanks.

57EB2CA7-3BD8-4B20-96CC-EE2C75094F2A (resized).png57EB2CA7-3BD8-4B20-96CC-EE2C75094F2A (resized).png

9FF6F718-8089-47A2-9E01-25F6F817162D (resized).png9FF6F718-8089-47A2-9E01-25F6F817162D (resized).png
#12050 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Who wants one? Custom design made from double layer 1/4 inch wood. Look great in any Rush fans pinball room. PM for details. Thanks.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice work!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/241 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.