IMG_4997.jpeg
IMG_4991.jpeg
IMG_4987.jpeg
IMG_4990.jpeg
IMG_4986.jpeg
E71D06CA-8B5A-4D2A-8EEF-9630F8B283DC (resized).jpeg
F0D80942-3C46-45F1-9873-6B6D89C9A26D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,138 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 363.
#11401 1 year ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

When you get replacement node 10 you could plug either clock or ramp in by itself. See if node 10 fry's. If not add the clock or ramp you left out and see what happens. Hope that helps..

Never, ever under any circumstance power on the game without both the clock and ramp attached to the Node 10 board. This is a known point of failure. And, basic trouble shooting that includes the phrase "if node 10 frys" as a way of determining the issue is perhaps not the preferred route to determine issues, but that's just my opinion and others likely know better than me...

#11402 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Never, ever under any circumstance power on the game without both the clock and ramp attached to the Node 10 board. This is a known point of failure. And, basic trouble shooting that includes the phrase "if node 10 frys" as a way of determining the issue is perhaps not the preferred route to determine issues, but that's just my opinion and others likely know better than me...

Ok, that's great info. What's your advice then other than throwing a node 10 board into it to get fried again?

#11403 1 year ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Ok, that's great info. What's your advice then other than throwing a node 10 board into it to get fried again?

check that all connections are seated properly and inspect the ramp wiring for damage.Pray

#11404 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Not sure that is strictly correct, the issue seemed to arise from unplugging either of the stepper motors if the node board had power. That came from Stern tech.

Never leaving either of them unplugged is a new theory afaik ??

If it is possible to disable the motor operation via the menu then that's a good thing.

#11405 1 year ago
Quoted from Blitz7734:

If multiple record inserts lit solid, one green, one blue, one orange... The left most solid record takes precedence. Then it goes to multiple of particular solid color as others have mentioned.

Blitz7734

THANK YOU! Exactly the answer I was looking for!

#11406 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

If anybody out there has any thoughts on this subject please feel free to post: First of all, I hate to bring up the subject of the ramp/clock/node 10 issue, but I am hitting dead end after dead end. Yes, I have scoured every article and post regarding this issue. Yes, I have spoken with Eddie back at Stern HQ. Anyhow....
1. Ramp and clock are dead. This leads me to believe there is a node 10 issue. 2. However, I DO NOT receive the infamous "node 10 not found" message at any point. 3. When I attempt to run the Rush Specific diagnostic tests for the clock and ramp, nothing happens, i.e. there is no error message but the test simply does not perform. So, I can logically assume that the system is communicating with the node 10 board otherwise I would get the "node 10 not found" message. There is no visible damage to the chip or wires. I have spent considerable time retracing EVERY wire in the game in order to inspect for possible damage. Others have said, "oh it is because the wire bundles are tied to tight"....I do not see that. I have secured every possible connection. Frustrated.
And...no I did not buy the $500 Rush goodie bag. Salt in the wound right there....but that is a different thread.
I will be getting a node 10 board sent once Stern decides to stop putting them in new games and save a few for warranty shipments....but this could be a couple of months. But, then I will most likely be back at square one when that board goes kaput. There is some type of serious design flaw with this title and I do not feel we are getting the full story.
Thx in advance if have you advice or theories.

Is the LED on the node board flashing to show that it has comms / power, have you checked the dip switch position is correct on the board for the game, did you replace the SD card ?

#11407 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

check that all connections are seated properly and inspect the ramp wiring for damage.Pray

Ya, the person has said he's already done that

#11408 1 year ago

I an not sure if I follow when you say "LED on the node board." I verified the dip switch positions are correct with the tech at Stern (there was also a previous post telling us what those positions should be... thx). I have not replaced the SD card.

Quoted from ian866:

Is the LED on the node board flashing to show that it has comms / power, have you checked the dip switch position is correct on the board for the game, did you replace the SD card ?

#11409 1 year ago

Has anyone noticed anything weird happening when a ball is near the instrument drop targets? Having an issue with balls sticking to the top of the drop targets. Can’t bump them loose and ball search doesn’t knock it off either. Have to pull the glass and flick it off. I thought it was just a low spot or something that the ball will just find and settle but it almost feels like it’s being pulled to that area magnetically as the ball has some weird movement in that area. I can’t replicate it when the glass is off. I thought it was just a weird occurrence once or twice but it keeps happening.

#11410 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I an not sure if I follow when you say "LED on the node board." I verified the dip switch positions are correct with the tech at Stern (there was also a previous post telling us what those positions should be... thx). I have not replaced the SD card.

There is a small yellow LED on the board that will flash if comms and power are ok, Stern SD cards can be a little flaky so it's always worth while to replace that and try.

#11411 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

There is a small yellow LED on the board that will flash if comms and power are ok, Stern SD cards can be a little flaky so it's always worth while to replace that and try

Ok.... just used to have everything powered down with the playfield up and working on things. Ya, I will plug it in and have a look with the lifted playfield.

#11412 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I understand most of that for sure, the question is what makes a song change before you have locked in your mode at the time machine. Sometimes other colors besides the color of the mode you are building will either-
A. Build your % amount on the song you are on, or B. change your song mode to that new color and your percentage will roll over to the new song.

No, it's not A or B. It's both. The nuance is in matched vs unmatched records.

Colin summed it up in the tilt thread as:
"requires 2 records to light Mode Start.

-Once you collect two records (two shots are solid), then Time Machine ™ is lit for Mode Start. There will not be any “+X %” because you’ve only gotten the bare minimum # of solid records to qualify mode start.

-Let’s say you keep shooting flashing records until all 6 are solid: two of them light blue, and the other four a mix of the other colors. TM will be lit to start Tom Sawyer (the light blue mode) at +40% mode value, because you’ve gotten 4 more records solid than the 2 required to light mode-start.

-Once you have all 6 records solid, then the record shots refresh into a mix of pulsing and flashing: the records that match the lit mode color will be pulsing, and the non-matching records will be flashing. In the example above, the two light blue records will be pulsing and the other four are flashing.

-Each pulsing or flashing record you hit will give an additional +10% to your upcoming mode values. And the pulsing records will NOT change color, while the flashing records are once again free to cycle between the different colors. So you could use this phase to get a 3rd+ light blue record (giving you more Tom Sawyer mode shots that will be 2x).

- If you shoot all 6 records shots again without shooting the TM (turning them all solid from their prior pulsing/flashing state), then the “refresh” records process repeats."

The jist is your song is based on which record has the most color records collected. When you 'reset' by collecting all the available records, the shots that matched your dominate song will now be pulsing and basically stick to the color. But they are still available to boost the base value, and are needed to keep progressing beyond the current set of records (if you wanted to keep pushing further for more boost).

So in effect, your song should be set based on the record colors after you have completed the first set... because the pulsing records won't change color after you hit them.

You're chasing to get as many of the records the same color as your song choice for shot multipliers... and deciding on the risk/reward of trying to keep collecting all the record shots to boost the base value and potentially lock in more shot multipliers.

#11413 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

-Once you collect two records (two shots are solid), then Time Machine ™ is lit for Mode Start. There will not be any “+X %” because you’ve only gotten the bare minimum # of solid records to qualify mode start.
-Let’s say you keep shooting flashing records until all 6 are solid: two of them light blue, and the other four a mix of the other colors. TM will be lit to start Tom Sawyer (the light blue mode) at +40% mode value, because you’ve gotten 4 more records solid than the 2 required to light mode-start.
-Once you have all 6 records solid, then the record shots refresh into a mix of pulsing and flashing: the records that match the lit mode color will be pulsing, and the non-matching records will be flashing. In the example above, the two light blue records will be pulsing and the other four are flashing.
-Each pulsing or flashing record you hit will give an additional +10% to your upcoming mode values. And the pulsing records will NOT change color, while the flashing records are once again free to cycle between the different colors. So you could use this phase to get a 3rd+ light blue record (giving you more Tom Sawyer mode shots that will be 2x).
- If you shoot all 6 records shots again without shooting the TM (turning them all solid from their prior pulsing/flashing state), then the “refresh” records process repeats."
The jist is your song is based on which record has the most color records collected. When you 'reset' by collecting all the available records, the shots that matched your dominate song will now be pulsing and basically stick to the color. But they are still available to boost the base value, and are needed to keep progressing beyond the current set of records (if you wanted to keep pushing further for more boost).
So in effect, your song should be set based on the record colors after you have completed the first set... because the pulsing records won't change color after you hit them.
You're chasing to get as many of the records the same color as your song choice for shot multipliers... and deciding on the risk/reward of trying to keep collecting all the record shots to boost the base value and potentially lock in more shot multipliers.

I’m tracking with you on those rules now. The answer above about the left most color being the dominant mode answered my question.

I couldn’t follow the logic on why they would switch sometimes with a different colored hit, but not always.

#11414 1 year ago

Total of three LED lights on node 10 board. The yellow light is flickering at a high rate. Is this normal or should it be solid?

D8CD6E1D-2046-421E-BE85-7061227907FA (resized).jpegD8CD6E1D-2046-421E-BE85-7061227907FA (resized).jpeg
#11415 1 year ago

If somebody has a functioning Prem or LE could you pop the top and verify your node 10 lights, in particular the yellow one. Thx

#11416 1 year ago

OK.... I figured out the answer. Flickering yellow is normal... hell, if my node 10 board is OK then what is up with the ramp and clock?

#11417 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Total of three LED lights on node 10 board. The yellow light is flickering at a high rate. Is this normal or should it be solid?
[quoted image]

That's fine, it's got comms when flickering fast. Try a new SD card would be the next step I'd take. Check the chip near the motor connectors for any sign of burning also ( take a photo with your phone and blow it up ), power the pin down and unplug the motors to get a better view of it.

#11418 1 year ago

Okay I just installed pinwoofer and shaker motor on my pro. This is a whole new machine now! And in a good way. I didn't even know the pinball machine had all these sounds when I was hitting various targets and switches around there until I had the pw... And let me say they are really well done and awesome sounds!! They really add to the quality of the game play!

The clarity is now unmatched quality, rush sounds like it's supposed to sound, and let me just say that if any pro owner does not have a shaker motor. Then get one now. This integration of the shaker motor is excellent!

I'm not sure if the pyle speakers would have been enough but I suspect the pinwoofer with this amplifier and tuning of bass frequencies, back box and treble has to be superior. And I don't even have a sub.... yet.

With a pinwoofer and the shaker motor this is a completely new machine! And I loved it before. I'm very happy to throw away these 1950 AM radio speakers that Stern puts in there. I didn't even know they made speakers this crappy.

#11419 1 year ago

Can somebody tell me the size of the sd card. I assume it is a 16. Just does not say anywhere on the card. Going to start at ground zero and format a fresh SD card and then install code via USB. Node 10 is communicating and running, so this has to be an SD card issue.

#11420 1 year ago

From Stern.
SD Card – it is recommended you use the same SD Card brand, size, and part number
that was provided with your pinball machine. Spike pinball machines require a “Class
10” rated SD Card of appropriate size for proper operation.

And
From searching many posts here you're correct.. it's 16gb

Quoted from gandamack:

Can somebody tell me the size of the sd card. I assume it is a 16. Just does not say anywhere on the card. Going to start at ground zero and format a fresh SD card and then install code via USB. Node 10 is communicating and running, so this has to be an SD card issue.

#11421 1 year ago

Someone at Stern needs to figure this problem out, Just isn’t right to go completely silent, you would think by now they have gathered enough information to know the cause. Clearly the problem isn’t the Node Board!!!

#11422 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

This is is the single best description I've ever read on this subject! I finally understand all the nuances. Thank you for taking the time to write this. Much appreciated.

#11423 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Okay I just installed pinwoofer and shaker motor on my pro. This is a whole new machine now! And in a good way. I didn't even know the pinball machine had all these sounds when I was hitting various targets and switches around there until I had the pw... And let me say they are really well done and awesome sounds!! They really add to the quality of the game play!
The clarity is now unmatched quality, rush sounds like it's supposed to sound, and let me just say that if any pro owner does not have a shaker motor. Then get one now. This integration of the shaker motor is excellent!
I'm not sure if the pyle speakers would have been enough but I suspect the pinwoofer with this amplifier and tuning of bass frequencies, back box and treble has to be superior. And I don't even have a sub.... yet.
With a pinwoofer and the shaker motor this is a completely new machine! And I loved it before. I'm very happy to throw away these 1950 AM radio speakers that Stern puts in there. I didn't even know they made speakers this crappy.

Great outcome Vespula - our new speakers are a huge upside in reproduction quality. Have fun buddy, and our sincere thanks!

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-super-kit/

Thanks,

Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MT, Mon - Fri

PW Speaker Line (resized).jpgPW Speaker Line (resized).jpg
#11424 1 year ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Great outcome Vespula - our new speakers are a huge upside in reproduction quality. Have fun buddy, and our sincere thanks!
Thanks,
Dan
[email protected]
[quoted image]

Probably going to go this route too I did speakers alone and it wasn't enough improvement for me.

#11425 1 year ago

Well…….that sucks

9239A402-2699-495A-81D1-D00EFB9E3CAD (resized).jpeg9239A402-2699-495A-81D1-D00EFB9E3CAD (resized).jpegA6AD9B02-9DA3-4C26-8E3E-C1BC682AB268 (resized).jpegA6AD9B02-9DA3-4C26-8E3E-C1BC682AB268 (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11426 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Someone at Stern needs to figure this problem out, Just isn’t right to go completely silent, you would think by now they have gathered enough information to know the cause. Clearly the problem isn’t the Node Board!!!

Agreed. Their silence leads me to believe that this is worse than they want to admit. Does anyone have a running total on node failures vs the number of machines sold?

#11427 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Well…….that sucks
[quoted image][quoted image]

Easy fix, drill it out, super glue back on. Maybe they will send a replacement, I'd try that route first tho

#11428 1 year ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Thanks,
Dan
[email protected]
[quoted image]

I will totally vouch for this system. I put it on my rush and it is such a great sound.

#11429 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Well…….that sucks
[quoted image][quoted image]

That does suck! I’ll send you a replacement.

#11430 1 year ago

Can anyone confirm for me that update 1.02 took forever to upload onto a USB stick ? 6 items is taking half hour or more to upload! Either that or one huge update !

#11431 1 year ago

Merry Christmas !!??

Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 21.20.20 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-12-23 at 21.20.20 (resized).png

Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 21.24.22 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-12-23 at 21.24.22 (resized).png
#11432 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Can anyone confirm for me that update 1.02 took forever to upload onto a USB stick ? 6 items is taking half hour or more to upload! Either that or one huge update !

Yes, it takes that long. It is a over 11gb. 5 or 6 files that need to be unzipped.

#11433 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Probably going to go this route too I did speakers alone and it wasn't enough improvement for me.

Hour max install, prob 30 min if you were really good. The Hurry Up Pinball video Dan provides is excellent and walked me right through it in real time and I was just pausing for each step. Final thing in instructions is just three (I think) settings changes in the Pin Menu.
Done, Play, Smile! Thanks Dan!

diff topic...
did I mention the shaker motor? I am still in awe of the implementation in this pin. Its tightly integrated in EVERYTHING, and I think the shaker is pretty much on and off the entire time I am playing pulsing and enhancing the experience. I can't imagine the game without it. Well, actually I dont have to... Before it was a very still box with noises... not the rumbling enhanced tactile experience you get with it... that box comes to life when a shaker is installed!

Here is a link if you need one. Stern is sold out.
https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

#11434 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

it took longer than any other I have done

#11435 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

Merry Christmas !!??
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Oh boy - time to start REALLY bracing for that topper cost! If this is on the floor, surely that means they'll be shipping Q1 2023.

Side note - code name "FALCON" to the right. Bond 60th? Or something else? Fodder for another thread...

#11436 1 year ago

F the toppers....get some damn node 10 boards in stock.

#11437 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

F the toppers....get some damn node 10 boards in stock.

Let's all agree to not buy any Stern topper until node 10 boards and expression lights are available!

#11438 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Let's all agree to not buy any Stern topper until node 10 boards and expression lights are available!

I can't promise anything. I'll take what I can get.

#11439 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Oh boy - time to start REALLY bracing for that topper cost! If this is on the floor, surely that means they'll be shipping Q1 2023.
Side note - code name "FALCON" to the right. Bond 60th? Or something else? Fodder for another thread...

Wondered that myself, Goldfinger did have a Ford Falcon in the movie

Could be a toy or feature ?

#11440 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I can't promise anything. I'll take what I can get.

That sums it all up with a bow on it. Well said.

#11441 1 year ago

After you complete the first three multi-balls (RB, subdivisions, FBN), does it repeat or does it start a different multiball? Thanks.

#11442 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

That does suck! I’ll send you a replacement.

Thank you! Appreciate the quick response.

#11443 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

After you complete the first three multi-balls (RB, subdivisions, FBN), does it repeat or does it start a different multiball? Thanks.

Repeats.

#11444 1 year ago
Quoted from Bill2112Rush:

Congratulations! Premium owner here and rest assured, you won’t remember the long wait once you start playing it. Mine was everything I hoped it would be and I bet you’re gonna love it. I can totally relate to your excitement. (And to your weather situation. We’re currently up at our cabin 4 hours north & west of you…waiting on the furnace repairman).
My suggestions list:
-new pinballs (I ordered Polaris Carbon steel balls from ballbaron.com)
-loop assist and soft plunge corrector (ninjacamp)
-scoop protector (ninjacamp) I haven’t installed mine yet because the factory fix is holding up
-Time Machine ramp guards (ninjacamp) my original guards needed replacing at around 750 plays
-Rush ticket mod (sold by pinsider j_m_ ) covers the ugly right side QR code
-external volume control (part # PBL-100-0062-00 pinballlife.com) change volume without opening the coin door
Most of these help the game’s playability. The volume adjuster is a creature comfort that I like, and the ticket mod is a neat, unnecessary, add-on (so…ummm, I guess, that makes it an actual “mod”! LOL)
Welcome to the club!

Excellent list! I'd include quite fan and COLOR INSERT BRACKET SET both by pin monk and TIME MACHINE GEFILTER VAC-TUBE LED MODULE SET. For all my pins I install lite flipper buttons and if your handy, wtatumjr has post on lighting up freewill drop targets, very cool mod I'm glad I installed.

#11445 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

No joke, Me looking at this thread every day debating on getting rid of my Godzilla for one of these.....[quoted image]

Get Rush, keep GZ! I go back and forth on them when I play, great combo!

#11446 1 year ago

Finally got around to doing a little servicing on my Rush LE. After around 600 plays, I finally replaced the scoop switch. Yes, I'm lazy.
I also replaced the ramp bumpers with Ninjacamps because one had broken.
Surprisingly, even though I have the replacement scoop protectors and Ninjacamp scoop protectors I left the original ones on. After 600+ plays they still look pretty good. I lowered the eject power on both scoops on Day 1 and the originals are holding in there.

IMG_20221224_114917697 (resized).jpgIMG_20221224_114917697 (resized).jpgIMG_20221224_114923730 (resized).jpgIMG_20221224_114923730 (resized).jpg
#11447 1 year ago

Decided to go down to the Cave to play one game while waiting for the Christmas roast to cook. Glad I did! In normal mode (only feature setting changed is scoring an EB instead of a credit at the single replay level), scored 16.9B.

I guess that’s my gift to myself today.

C94CC7EE-0F03-48B9-9A0D-142CDE55461A (resized).jpegC94CC7EE-0F03-48B9-9A0D-142CDE55461A (resized).jpeg
#11448 1 year ago

Yeah! Don't play another game right away, this game will break your heart.

#11449 1 year ago

Jack Black nailing “The Spirit of Radio”

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

#11450 1 year ago
Quoted from GrooTheWanderer:

Decided to go down to the Cave to play one game while waiting for the Christmas roast to cook. Glad I did! In normal mode (only feature setting changed is scoring an EB instead of a credit at the single replay level), scored 16.9B.
I guess that’s my gift to myself today. [quoted image]

Holy crap, a game like that, the roast probably burned to a crisp!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sullivan, WI
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Camano Island, WA
Machine - For Sale
Thousand Oaks, CA
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Rubber/Silicone
NinjaCamp Mods

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 199.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

There are 18,138 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.