20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 358.
#11151 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Lighten up Francis. I was making more fun of Rush's small audience than anything else.

No, you weren't. Your use of the phrase "woke support group" makes it pretty clear who you were making fun of. And it wasn't Rush's audience.

#11152 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I had every intention of getting a premium because I'm a huge Rush and I couldn't justify the extra cost because I love the pro art and it basically the same game.
One of the better pros you can get. I love the machine.

I opted for the LE on this one, but I certainly understand the arguments for getting a Pro. Both my AIQ and AS are Pro models, and I think they offer a lot of bang for the buck. I could have easily gone the Premium route when I purchased AS, but I actually preferred the flow of the Pro, without the upper playfield. Then again, I went for the LE on GOT and, as I mentioned, on Rush. It's all really a matter of budget and personal preference on a lot of games. There are a few other titles though which I don't own where I feel like Stern really "cheaped out" on the Pro model.

#11153 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_d:

No, you weren't. Your use of the phrase "woke support group" makes it pretty clear who you were making fun of. And it wasn't Rush's audience.

Jeez - a little sensitive are we? I laugh at everything 'woke' so there you go.... it is just a pinball forum. everything will be ok.

#11154 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_d:

The issue isn't that one use. In fact, like many offensive racist tropes, many people who engage in them are not even aware of how racist they are. I doubt the members of Rush ever would've written the song like that, if they'd understood just how much pain that trope has caused and continues to cause to this day to people of Asian descent.
Racist behavior is worth avoiding, no matter how small the audience.

You must be a hit at parties.

#11155 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You must be a hit at parties.

Yep they always say who brought their Grandpa,and Hes drinking all the Beer.

#11156 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicman:

I opted for the LE on this one, but I certainly understand the arguments for getting a Pro. Both my AIQ and AS are Pro models, and I think they offer a lot of bang for the buck. I could have easily gone the Premium route when I purchased AS, but I actually preferred the flow of the Pro, without the upper playfield. Then again, I went for the LE on GOT and, as I mentioned, on Rush. It's all really a matter of budget and personal preference on a lot of games. There are a few other titles though which I don't own where I feel like Stern really "cheaped out" on the Pro model.

If I was able to get in at MSRP on a LE I may have done it but I wasn't. Decided to pimp out my pro with sound, a woofer, shaker and eventually Stern lights as well as a few more mods. I'm not a collector generally and it's all about the experience. When I found out I would be able to add the expression lights the pro was a no-brainer, especially since I was able to get it in January. I was dying to get the pin early.

That said the LE is awesome and luckly I know 3 people that have one so I still get to play sometimes too.

#11157 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Yeah I was just going to buy one and move on, but like you said, back ordered everywhere. Hopefully they stock them at the moment. Game is playable but it gets old waiting for it to try and fail to eject it and then route it to the front scoop to finally eject it out.

Can you disable the side scoop kick-out in settings? Would save you from waiting for the ball search.

#11158 1 year ago

Rush for the game of the year!!!

Upvote if you agree.

#11159 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Upvote if you agree.

With the lack of quality games released this year, it would be highly suspect if it did not win game of the year.

#11160 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

With the lack of quality games released this year, it would be highly suspect if it did not win game of the year.

It's a great game regardless of the competition. For me, personally, it's up there with Godzilla.

This is coming from someone who knew little to nothing about Rush before playing the pinball machine.

The flow is magnificent, the music is catchy, and the coding is on point.

Game of the year.

#11161 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Can you disable the side scoop kick-out in settings? Would save you from waiting for the ball search.

Good question! I haven’t looked. I will have to check.

#11162 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Upvote if you agree.

It should be a shoe in for that spot. Nothing else comes close with shots, flow and code.

I love this game if it was my little pony I'd still enjoy it.

#11163 1 year ago

Regarding the broken plunger assembly on the side scoop and it being out of stock. You can order this in many different lengths from Marco, and trim the nylon portion to fit. Here's one example, below. This is a pretty common wear item on games, and I keep a couple around for spares. I trim to length whenever needed. FYI.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-7318-00

#11164 1 year ago

This is my favorite game. The other day I put up 2B. The modes are pretty cool. I like how they are not timed like in every other game. So much more to learn on this game. I have no idea why the playfield went dark after completing a bunch of modes and I had to do some blue planet thing. Can't wait to get back at it. I think this game will be a winner long term.

#11165 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

This is my favorite game. The other day I put up 2B. The modes are pretty cool. I like how they are not timed like in every other game. So much more to learn on this game. I have no idea why the playfield went dark after completing a bunch of modes and I had to do some blue planet thing. Can't wait to get back at it. I think this game will be a winner long term.

It went dark because you were probably playing fly by night mode.

#11166 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

With the lack of code in Bond it should win but you can't count out TS4.

#11167 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

With the lack of code in Bond it should win but you can't count out TS4.

Oh, I'm counting out TS4

#11168 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Oh, I'm counting out TS4

I second this post.

Rush for game of the year.

#11169 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Regarding the broken plunger assembly on the side scoop and it being out of stock. You can order this in many different lengths from Marco, and trim the nylon portion to fit. Here's one example, below. This is a pretty common wear item on games, and I keep a couple around for spares. I trim to length whenever needed. FYI.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-7318-00

Sadly, it is out of stock, as well.

#11170 1 year ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

Sadly, it is out of stock, as well.

Updated: I take that back, trying to place an order, it states backordered, sorry!!

Cointaker has the original part (555-7318-00) in stock and it's $13 cheaper (ie, minus shipping):

https://cointaker.com/products/plunger-and-nylon-extension
Kicker assembly (resized).pngKicker assembly (resized).png

#11171 1 year ago
Quoted from GrooTheWanderer:

Updated: I take that back, trying to place an order, it states backordered, sorry!!
Cointaker has the original part (555-7318-00) in stock and it's $13 cheaper (ie, minus shipping):
[quoted image]

I ordered two from Cointaker, and they sent me an email saying it was backordered. So that's a no-go as well.

#11172 1 year ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

I ordered two from Cointaker, and they sent me an email saying it was backordered. So that's a no-go as well.

Yep. Nowhere to be found. That is why I went direct to Stern. They accepted my request and it is now being processed. Stern was really fast in approving a replacement.

#11173 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Do you have a multimeter?
It's most likely either a blown transistor or a shorted magnet. A multimeter will help you figure it out.

Gave this magnet issue a lot of thought and decided that the magnet isn't on all the time so it has to be triggered by the opti at the end of the ramp. To run the magnet test you are supposed to shoot the ball up the ramp. Ran a switch test and found this to be true. The magnet appears to be bad because the opti never sends a signal to turn on the magnet. You would think the magnet test would be independent of another switch. Turns out the receiver side of the opti switch was bad. Swapped it out with one from the ramp. Magnet works as it should. At least now the game is playable while waiting for parts.

#11174 1 year ago
Quoted from GrooTheWanderer:

[quoted image]

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-7309-00
this one is just a slight bit longer 3.57" vs. 3.375". I wonder if it would work in a pinch?

#11175 1 year ago

You could easily shorten it with a file, or bench grinder, etc.

#11176 1 year ago
Quoted from Rushafied:

Gave this magnet issue a lot of thought and decided that the magnet isn't on all the time so it has to be triggered by the opti at the end of the ramp. To run the magnet test you are supposed to shoot the ball up the ramp. Ran a switch test and found this to be true. The magnet appears to be bad because the opti never sends a signal to turn on the magnet. You would think the magnet test would be independent of another switch. Turns out the receiver side of the opti switch was bad. Swapped it out with one from the ramp. Magnet works as it should. At least now the game is playable while waiting for parts.

Are you sure your opti switches are working correctly? On mine, it was the switches and not the magnet that had the issue.

#11177 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Are you sure your opti switches are working correctly? On mine, it was the switches and not the magnet that had the issue.

Mine was definitely a bad opti-switch receiver. I did the switch test verified the opti-switches worked on the ramps. The time machine ramp opti did not. Once swapped out with a known good opti-receiver, the magnet worked as the ball triggers the magnet as it leave the center ramp. You can check the opti transmitter side using your smartphone. (Right side on the ramp) If you have an iphone you need to use the camera lens that is on the screen side due to an IR filter on the case side. Set your phone to camera and (in the case of the iphone set it so you are taking a selfie) hold the camera in front of the transmitter. If you see a purpleish light the IR transmitter is working.

#11178 1 year ago

It's officially official.
How do I know when it was built? (My first Stern)
Screenshot_20221214-120313 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221214-120313 (resized).png

#11179 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

[quoted image]

Should be a sticker on the backbox with a build date.

#11180 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Should be a sticker on the backbox with a build date.

Thanks, so I guess I have to wait until I remove it from the box. Lol.
Unfortunately it's in my garage and has got to go up stairs to a bonus room.. I have to coordinate with some movers and sub that part out... So here it sits. Thanks

#11181 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

[quoted image]

Yep, will be on a yellow sticker, on backside of head, born on date.

#11182 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Unfortunately it's in my garage and has got to go up stairs to a bonus room.. I have to coordinate with some movers and sub that part out... So here it sits. Thanks

Congrats!!!

#11183 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Its pretty easy to remove the head and the playfield from newer Stern games only a new connections. You can basically move the whole game in 3 parts if you wanted to. Head, playfield, and cabinet it would reduce the weight a lot.

#11184 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Its pretty easy to remove the head and the playfield from newer Stern games only a new connections. You can basically move the whole game in 3 parts if you wanted to. Head, playfield, and cabinet it would reduce the weight a lot.

Good to know! Thanks!

#11185 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I have a confined, basement gameroom that requires moving down a narrow stairs with a 180-degree mid-turn landing and then a narrow hallway and a turn into a confined room. The only way to do this is to remove the head from games. Modern Sterns are stupid-easy to remove the head. Literally now takes me about 2 minutes. The playfield also comes out with just 3 or so connections. Once in parts, it's fairly trivial to dolly the games down the stairs. I use a cheap Harbor Freight appliance dolly designed to be narrow for just my application. I can move games down the stairs like this solo, though I do use a set of helping hands to pull them back up the stairs. FYI.

#11186 1 year ago

Forgive me if this is easy to find or do I couldn't see anything searching. How do I install the cliffy protectors

#11187 1 year ago

What is the easiest way to start the Sub-Divisions multiball? Thanks.

#11188 1 year ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Forgive me if this is easy to find or do I couldn't see anything searching. How do I install the cliffy protectors

I don't recall seeing a step-by step on them for RUSH. Which one(s) are you looking to install?

#11189 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

What is the easiest way to start the Sub-Divisions multiball? Thanks.

Shoot the Time Machine the number of times stated in the top right corner of the screen to get multiball ready. Hitting the VUK/dead-end repeatedly cycles which TM multiball gets started once it is ready. When you see Subdivisions, shoot the TM again.

Was this a trick question Jim?

#11190 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

[quoted image]

Congratulations! Great pin. The addiction is real. I knew you couldn't stop at 1

#11191 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Unfortunately it's in my garage and has got to go up stairs to a bonus room.. I have to coordinate with some movers and sub that part out... So here it sits.

I was a little worried about moving my pins up or down stairs. I almost hired someone as I'm getting older and fatter so I'm not quite as steady as I once was. I bought a basic dolly and a couple of those ratcheting straps - works really well for pulling it up or down stairs with another person spotting and assisting from below. Just unbox, slide the dolly under the cab, strap it tightly and take it a stair at a time. Just make sure to place a towel or something to protect where the strap contacts the cabinet to avoid any scuffing.

#11192 1 year ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I was a little worried about moving my pins up or down stairs. I almost hired someone as I'm getting older and fatter so I'm not quite as steady as I once was. I bought a basic dolly and a couple of those ratcheting straps - works really well for pulling it up or down stairs with another person spotting and assisting from below. Just unbox, slide the dolly under the cab, strap it tightly and take it a stair at a time. Just make sure to place a towel or something to protect where the strap contacts the cabinet to avoid any scuffing.

Whomever is down stairs has to be able to stop 250 lbs from going down on their own.Otherwise yep.

#11193 1 year ago

Can’t change the music anymore with the latest 1.02 code, but was able to add the original Sub Divisions video. Love this video as the video arcade was down the street from my high school. Skipped a lot of classes hanging out there

#11194 1 year ago
Quoted from konjurer:

You've inspired me. Assuming bottom to the dolly with head on the dolly blade? Towels everywhere there is contact with the pin

#11195 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Whomever is down stairs has to be able to stop 250 lbs from going down on their own.Otherwise yep.

Man up James

#11196 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Congratulations! Great pin. The addiction is real. I knew you couldn't stop at 1

Ah, so you noticed, eh?
Thx... I'm outta room unless I get rid of my pool table, and THAT ain't happenin'

Heard that one before?

#11197 1 year ago

I sold my Stairs.

#11198 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You've inspired me. Assuming bottom to the dolly with head on the dolly blade? Towels everywhere there is contact with the pin

I’d consider lightning the load going up stairs .... playfield out at a minimum.
I learned that fridges are heavy when below them!! Similar to getting an EM out of a basement solo when seller thinks you can’t do it, head off of course and hand truck up, take playfield out and carry up which can he heavy and cabinet no worries when strapped to hand truck. Then reassemble box and you’re on your way or play in your case .

#11199 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Knock-on-replay is the most iconic pinball sound from my youth. Getting that "CRACK!!!" during play was cause for much celebration, and everyone in the arcade would look over to see what savant had achieved this great achievement. It's literally sacriledge if the new Sterns won't replicate this experience.

I 100% agree with this. I didn’t realize that setting replay to credit would kick the knocker because mine is set to extra ball. I had intended to upgrade to a real knocker but abandoned that when I realized it only would kick on match for me. I miss the knock.

#11200 1 year ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Is anyone getting multi billion scores on a pro or is that mostly just on premium models? Curious if I just absolutely suck on my pro, or if the premium is much easier.

I’ve hit 2.1B on my Pro and a handful of 1B games. And yet I still haven’t made it to either Cygnus mode. Ugh. With the latest code though I’m hopeful it will happen fairly soon. Fingers crossed.

Shout out to Thousand Oaks, my home town. Moving my parents from there up to Seattle area this weekend so I’m sad to say I may not make it back down that way again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/224 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.