IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 358.
#11101 1 year ago

Just having the node 10 error...
will stop my day streak

Capture d’e?cran 2022-12-11 a? 19.15.34 (resized).pngCapture d’e?cran 2022-12-11 a? 19.15.34 (resized).png
#11102 1 year ago

Just bare essential add ons for my forthcoming pro to get started?

Already ordered pinwoofer.
But want to know what else in terms of must have fixes for all issues encountered (orbit, launch, etc) and which is the best solution for each? I know there are several but in the end there's always one best solution. I'm having trouble sorting these out specifically.

I'll get into all the mods and bling things once I get it and play it and get a feel for what I like. Just looking for the essentials list that I need to order now for day one. Feel free to mention non-essential mods also if you want.

Thx

#11103 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

But want to know what else in terms of must have fixes for all issues encountered (orbit, launch, etc) and which is the best solution for each? I know there are several but in the end there's always one best solution. I'm having trouble sorting these out specifically.
I'll get into all the mods and bling things once I get it and play it and get a feel for what I like. Just looking for the essentials list that I need to order now for day one. Feel free to mention non-essential mods also if you want.
Thx

Not sure this needs to be rehashed every time a new owner orders a machine. Literally all of this information is already present in this thread, available for those willing to spend a little time and look.

For example, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/210#post-7216869

And I'd disagree with the claim that "in the end there's always one best solution". People are happy to argue endlessly about what the "best" one is, based on their own sense of aesthetics, functionality, and personal experience with what they've tried.

#11104 1 year ago

Pro maybe better or whatever… but every time i play a pro… i miss our premium. So whatever it is… i enjoy PLAYING the premium more

#11105 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_d:

Not sure this needs to be rehashed every time a new owner orders a machine. Literally all of this information is already present in this thread, available for those willing to spend a little time and look.
For example, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/210#post-7216869
And I'd disagree with the claim that "in the end there's always one best solution". People are happy to argue endlessly about what the "best" one is, based on their own sense of aesthetics, functionality, and personal experience with what they've tried.

Not sure who made you Chief gatekeeper tainting the owners forum here. Most people want to be helpful. Clearly that's not you. I'm not sure why you have to reply to every post on here in nauseating amounts detail that I know I personally don't read.

Anyway.. if anybody wants to talk about Rush Pinball ownership I'm interested. Sorry if I didn't buy one on launch date or read 11,000 posts. I'm pretty sure there's only one Pete d on here And that's easy enough to solve with the ignore button. Feel free to use it on me too.

#11106 1 year ago

Speaking of upgrades, who has installed the pin woofer kit and were you happy with it?

Worth the $$?

#11107 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thx

Shaker motor. Pinmonk colored light inserts. Upgrade your backbox speakers to 5.25’s (that could be your pinwoofer), add a subwoofer either way.

Plenty of other awesome mods like the Time Machine tubes and the Lermods clock. But if you have to start somewhere, get the shaker and the very reasonably priced pinmonk inserts.

#11108 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Not sure who made you Chief gatekeeper tainting the owners forum here. Most people want to be helpful. Clearly that's not you. I'm not sure why you have to reply to every post on here in nauseating amounts detail that I know I personally don't read.
Anyway.. if anybody wants to talk about Rush Pinball ownership I'm interested. Sorry if I didn't buy one on launch date or read 11,000 posts. I'm pretty sure there's only one Pete d on here And that's easy enough to solve with the ignore button. Feel free to use it on me too.

No animus here, just for those reading this and several other club threads regularly, it's very common for repeat questions being asked and prompting wash/rinse/repeat cycles. It could be that new pinsiders may not be familiar with search features or key noted posts on each thread. After awhile I've gotten the impression there's a strong desire for instant response/answer without first making some effort up front. This probably sounds comical coming from me after only 1.5 years on Pinside, can't imagine how the 10yr members feel. It clearly is an amazing place where many people want to help.

#11109 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Speaking of upgrades, who has installed the pin woofer kit and were you happy with it?
Worth the $$?

Replace the stock speakers with Kickers CSC5 and get an external sub, best upgrade/mod for this fantastic machine! No need for an amplifier.

#11110 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

No animus here, just for those reading this and several other club threads regularly, it's very common for repeat questions being asked and prompting wash/rinse/repeat cycles. It could be that new pinsiders may not be familiar with search features or key noted posts on each thread. After awhile I've gotten the impression there's a strong desire for instant response/answer without first making some effort up front. This probably sounds comical coming from me after only 1.5 years on Pinside, can't imagine how the 10yr members feel. It clearly is an amazing place where many people want to help.

I agree. I'm relatively new like you, but just used to the gnr forum where everyone responds helpful with answers or links no matter how many times it's been asked. I try hard to give back in that forum for the newbies for that when I bought my GNR and had lots of repeat questions. The conversation is why we're here otherwise mods just can lock the forums down after 1 or 2 years after launch as everything has been covered.

If anyone gets tired of the rinse and repeat on forums then the problem is you. If you post about it then the problem is really you. Especially when you're a 4 months new know-it-all.
This repeat cycle is par for the course and no reply is better than replying and being condescending because there's always someone willing to help. Let them step up and carry the torch instead of the one who pours gasoline on it. I did the research, thought I'd narrow down and ask my own question here and got chastised for it by a super-newb.

I know it's not everyone here, I'm very familiar with the other opinionated posts from the person who responded negatively so it doesn't surprise me.

Quoted from jid:

Shaker motor. Pinmonk colored light inserts. Upgrade your backbox speakers to 5.25’s (that could be your pinwoofer), add a subwoofer either way.
Plenty of other awesome mods like the Time Machine tubes and the Lermods clock. But if you have to start somewhere, get the shaker and the very reasonably priced pinmonk inserts.

Thank you!

#11111 1 year ago
Quoted from Sjoend:

Replace the stock speakers with Kickers CSC5 and get an external sub, best upgrade/mod for this fantastic machine! No need for an amplifier.

Interesting. I've already ordered the pinwoofer, so there is that, but curious what the sound difference is from someone who has played games with both solutions?
I'm going to add a polk sub for sure... Or is the kickers just an upgrade to save money? Money aside, is pinwoofer still the best? Thx

#11112 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

The lane is shorter on the pro and there’s a target that triggers code just like the shot on the premium, the premium has an opto and the up post for the occasional captive ball.

I think the only feature that may be harder on the PreLe is the moving Centre ramp to the Time Machine. Hitting that when it’s down is much more risky than on the Pro, and it doesn’t feed the top flipper (until it’s up). That evens out the left upkicker IMO. So the only real difference in difficulty is that the instrument lane captures the ball during the start of multiball.

#11113 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Interesting. I've already ordered the pinwoofer, so there is that, but curious what the sound difference is from someone who has played games with both solutions?
I'm going to add a polk sub for sure... Or is the kickers just an upgrade to save money? Money aside, is pinwoofer still the best? Thx

The Pinwoofer kit will also sound great. Advantage of the Pinwoofer kit is that you have more freedom in adjusting the EQ to your liking. So no worries, you will be happy.

I think the specs for the Kickers are similar to the Pinwoofer speakers, I’m not 100% sure. But I can tell you the Kickers just sound amazing and are definitely not a downgrade va the pinwoofer speakers.

Buying a good external sub is a game changer, there is no cabinet speaker that can give you the same sound experience compared to a good ext sub. I’ve bought an used KEF Kube 10 sub and hooked up 4 machines to the sub, sounds absolutely amazing.

#11114 1 year ago

Almost need a Cliff Notes for some of these titles. Always the first thing I do before acquiring my next pin is to peruse the entire thread. Both educational and sometimes painful. Almost made it thru the 11K plus posts minus a few at the 180th page, anticipation was killing me had to jump to the end. Understand both views, but I personally don’t want to miss anything. In this case “Rush”, I felt more in the know then my distributor when it came to current glitches.

#11115 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thx

For me:

Pinwoofer kit- it’s awesome!

Exit Stage left mod- nice to see inner loop lights.

Clear plastic for inner loop fix from gameroom mods- has registered every time for me that I know of.

That’s all I have done, I was able to shim the shooter rod with a washer to center it better.

#11116 1 year ago

pin woofer is a game changer . i tried doing some of these other things at first but i think they have some kind of secret sause in there .

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11117 1 year ago

Pete d and his man-bun educating us

Quoted from pete_d:

0CFD5FD0-919D-42DB-B2C0-A24CEC7DDCA5 (resized).png0CFD5FD0-919D-42DB-B2C0-A24CEC7DDCA5 (resized).png
#11118 1 year ago

A favorite movie for sure, and a favorite scene!
How ya like them apples?

#11119 1 year ago

...with that being said, there is a LOT of repetition on this board.

In comparison, I'm on the Black Knight Sword of Rage form which has a similar number of members and is three years old. It has around 4900 posts. This forum is 10 months old and has 11,000 posts, many of which are repeats of the same questions over and over again.

#11120 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

...with that being said, there is a LOT of repetition on this board.
In comparison, I'm on the Black Knight Sword of Rage form which has a similar number of members and is three years old. It has around 4900 posts. This forum is 10 months old and has 11,000 posts, many of which are repeats of the same questions over and over again.

That's Rush fans for you... Take Rush fans with no more tours and loss of Neil, put it into a pinball machine and you see what you get? 11k and growing! Rush fans are dedicated and the best.

#11121 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thx

Depending on how your game plays the spinner lane reject fix from NinjaCamp is a must. My pro was trash without it.
I have PinMonk insert colors "not a necessity but nice"
Mylar the shooter lane
Inner loop fix from Ninja and gamroom
Exit stage left from Ninja
Ninja scoop protector.
External Sub.
HD glass

I'm laying down 1b games regularly and I have seen 7b.

Personal Recommendation would be to start with mylar in shooter lane, then just play it and see what needs to be adjusted or improved. Your game may shoot perfectly out of the box.

#11122 1 year ago

The side scoop stopped kicking the ball out. Coil fired but didn’t kick the ball. Dug into it. The nylon tip on the plunger tip snapped off. Found it in the bottom of the cabinet. New one coming from Stern.

088D3B7E-5D08-4426-8A63-695849E0CD3D (resized).jpeg088D3B7E-5D08-4426-8A63-695849E0CD3D (resized).jpeg5624B04E-8254-496A-949F-052001D5801D (resized).jpeg5624B04E-8254-496A-949F-052001D5801D (resized).jpeg843A4C70-33DE-4865-A33F-D834ADBE5D19 (resized).jpeg843A4C70-33DE-4865-A33F-D834ADBE5D19 (resized).jpeg
#11123 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Worth the $$?

Worth 2x the cost

#11124 1 year ago

Can’t stop modding Rush LE…loving these add-ons!

908EDB86-3EB5-4E32-B4E5-AD3F131A182C (resized).jpeg908EDB86-3EB5-4E32-B4E5-AD3F131A182C (resized).jpeg95474CD2-6125-48C2-9E1C-423831223CE8 (resized).jpeg95474CD2-6125-48C2-9E1C-423831223CE8 (resized).jpegAF620932-F63F-485D-862D-93DE33C07BE5 (resized).jpegAF620932-F63F-485D-862D-93DE33C07BE5 (resized).jpegD8C54D17-793D-444E-A63C-2119F383EC75 (resized).jpegD8C54D17-793D-444E-A63C-2119F383EC75 (resized).jpegE20780EA-FB30-424D-8CD7-279103C64F9A (resized).jpegE20780EA-FB30-424D-8CD7-279103C64F9A (resized).jpegF52FC8DF-5527-4AD7-9303-71822385C008 (resized).jpegF52FC8DF-5527-4AD7-9303-71822385C008 (resized).jpeg

88C08728-C0BA-4243-A3DF-7B3045F39C3D (resized).jpeg88C08728-C0BA-4243-A3DF-7B3045F39C3D (resized).jpeg
#11125 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Can’t stop modding Rush LE…loving these add-ons!

Because it's a shrine to Rush. R.I.P. NP

#11126 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Worth the $$?

The benefit is that it's a plug and play solution; the amp and speakers are cheap and low end. You can use better parts with higher quality for cheaper if you're down to DIY:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route/

#11127 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Worth the $$?

That's been the best mod that I've installed. Super easy, had them unpacked and installed in about 30 minutes. The difference in sound is stark to say the least. If you're a fan of music, or especially the band, then yes it was very much worth the money.

#11128 1 year ago
Quoted from benime:

The benefit is that it's a plug and play solution; the amp and speakers are cheap and low end. You can use better parts with higher quality for cheaper if you're down to DIY:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route/

I’ve read that thread and now you have me re reading it. I’m not opposed to the diy direction. I may order the 5.25 kicker back box speakers, 3D print some adapters and go from there.

#11129 1 year ago
Quoted from lospugs:

That's been the best mod that I've installed. Super easy, had them unpacked and installed in about 30 minutes. The difference in sound is stark to say the least. If you're a fan of music, or especially the band, then yes it was very much worth the money.

Thanks for the reply. There is definitely a lot to be said about a fast install with good results.

#11130 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I agree. I'm relatively new like you, but just used to the gnr forum where everyone responds helpful with answers or links no matter how many times it's been asked. I try hard to give back in that forum for the newbies for that when I bought my GNR and had lots of repeat questions. The conversation is why we're here otherwise mods just can lock the forums down after 1 or 2 years after launch as everything has been covered.
If anyone gets tired of the rinse and repeat on forums then the problem is you. If you post about it then the problem is really you. Especially when you're a 4 months new know-it-all.
This repeat cycle is par for the course and no reply is better than replying and being condescending because there's always someone willing to help. Let them step up and carry the torch instead of the one who pours gasoline on it. I did the research, thought I'd narrow down and ask my own question here and got chastised for it by a super-newb.
I know it's not everyone here, I'm very familiar with the other opinionated posts from the person who responded negatively so it doesn't surprise me.

Thank you!

You guys think that this thread is bad forgetting lamblasted for asking a repeat question.

You should go to the Cactus Canyon thread.

It's like the Gestapo is running that page.

The owner of that thread made up a big FAQ section. If you ask a question that was already stated on there. Look out.

#11131 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

The side scoop stopped kicking the ball out. Coil fired but didn’t kick the ball. Dug into it. The nylon tip on the plunger tip snapped off. Found it in the bottom of the cabinet. New one coming from Stern.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just had the same issue. Reported to Stern, and hoping to get it replaced. That part is backordered everywhere!

#11132 1 year ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

Just had the same issue. Reported to Stern, and hoping to get it replaced. That part is backordered everywhere!

Yeah I was just going to buy one and move on, but like you said, back ordered everywhere. Hopefully they stock them at the moment. Game is playable but it gets old waiting for it to try and fail to eject it and then route it to the front scoop to finally eject it out.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11133 1 year ago

Any particular reason Stern distro's selling rush pro under 6899 MSRP now at 6699 and even with free ship? Also seeing posting on websites of a Jan1 price increase?

#11134 1 year ago

This song is fantastic; I wonder why it didn’t make the cut.

I know this game has a generious amount of tracks however, I would like to see a few more.

Do you guys think they will add more music in the future?

73E4E423-1916-46B5-8388-E982B172AD5A (resized).jpeg73E4E423-1916-46B5-8388-E982B172AD5A (resized).jpeg
#11135 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Any particular reason Stern distro's selling rush pro under 6899 MSRP now at 6699 and even with free ship? Also seeing posting on websites of a Jan1 price increase?

I think distros have a little bit of flex on MSRPs.

I have seen some dealers sell for $100-200 under. If you see it, grab it IMO!

#11136 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Because there are too many great songs to choose from.

If you missed the articles/podcasts during the release, Alex, Getty and Ed each put together a list of songs to include and they went from there. There was a lot of overlap in the lists.
They included 2112 and probably wanted to spread the album representation out.
It's also a song about drug use, so maybe no one wanted to risk it.

#11137 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I know this game has a generious amount of tracks however, I would like to see a few more.
[quoted image]

A Passage To Bangkok is a great song. There are at least a dozen probably more that I'd like to have in the game.

Geddy, Alex and Ed Robertson each made lists of songs according to the stem insider podcast. They were trying to find songs that were good with pinball. Not necessarily popular songs. They had a lot of the same songs. Apparently YYZ and La Villa Strangiato were in contention, but La Villa won out. The songs are licensed and therefore cost $$ out of the budget, so I doubt they'll add more. Plus I think this pin has the most songs of any music pin ever? Play time wise certainly a lot of value. (,2112 being ~20 minutes alone).

#11138 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

[quoted image]

Haha, I often sing that to myself as I’m walking over to play then I remember it’s not actually in the game. Probably the subject matter kept it out

#11139 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Haha, I often sing that to myself as I’m walking over to play then I remember it’s not actually in the game. Probably the subject matter kept it out

I don't think it's a big deal especially compared to what's playing on the Radio nowadays.

“Adult mode” is always an option as well for any song that fits that criteria.

#11140 1 year ago

Anthem is the #1 song that should be in the Game.

#11141 1 year ago

Here is the story on how they picked the songs....
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/rush-pinball-barenaked-ladies/

Cliff Notes: All picked 20 songs, 15 were common choices from the group (Robertson, Lee, Lifeson). Read the article for details.

#11142 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I don't think it's a big deal especially compared to what's playing on the Radio nowadays.

Maybe not, but the band evolved significantly from their days of drug anthems and it really wasn’t the legacy they wanted to leave.

#11143 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

But there are callouts during play referencing the drug angle.

#11144 1 year ago

Maybe not, but the band evolved significantly from their days of drug anthems and it really wasn’t the legacy they wanted to leave.

I can dig it

#11145 1 year ago

The games feature 16 Rush songs spanning two hours, including hits such as "Tom Sawyer," "Freewill," "Subdivisions" and "The Spirit of Radio" and deep cuts like "Headlong Flight" and the sidelong epics "3112" and "Cygnus X-1."

where's my 3112 song?!? so sad that in this day and age of wondrous technology, that no one bother to fact check/spell check any more. my avatar sums it up rather well.

#11146 1 year ago

I knew what he meant “2112”

#11147 1 year ago

Some people also get offended by the "Oriental jingle" that they play a few times in the song (I never knew that was a thing until our guitarist pointed it out before we covered it - you can google the history of it). I think they changed that part slightly in live performances in more recent years so they aren't playing those exact notes. Again, so many great songs, why risk any controversy over 1 song.

#11148 1 year ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Some people also get offended by the "Oriental jingle"

Well that has to be the smallest woke support group ever. It's an obscure sound, in an album B-side song, by a band that had limited popularity.

#11149 1 year ago

Well that has to be the smallest woke support group ever. It's an obscure sound, in an album B-side song, by a band that had limited popularity.

The issue isn't that one use. In fact, like many offensive racist tropes, many people who engage in them are not even aware of how racist they are. I doubt the members of Rush ever would've written the song like that, if they'd understood just how much pain that trope has caused and continues to cause to this day to people of Asian descent.

Racist behavior is worth avoiding, no matter how small the audience.

#11150 1 year ago

Lighten up Francis. I was making more fun of Rush's small audience than anything else.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/223 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.