IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,895 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 358.
#11001 1 year ago

The call-outs are fantastic.
My favorite...
It's 9:05, you're late numb-nuts!

#11002 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_d:

go into the settings and bump up the humor level for the callouts.

does this option give different callouts or just ups the frequency?

#11003 1 year ago

Is there a way to fast fwd in order to see the Temples Of Syrinx mode and video screen montage (usually reserved once player gets to year 2112)? I have gotten to around 1.7 billion, but honestly I am still a bit far out in terms of time machine years to be even remotely close to 2112......and I doubt I will ever get to that level of play.

#11004 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

does this option give different callouts or just ups the frequency?

As far as I know, it changes the balance between "non-funny" and "funny" callouts. You should get roughly the same number of callouts total, but more from the "funny" pile will be selected.

There are a lot of callouts (I think I read they recorded something like 800 or so). Even in the last week, I've heard one or two callouts I'm pretty sure I never heard before, and I've had my game a little over four months now. And I haven't even installed the latest updates, so it's possible they added even more I haven't heard. So in some sense, yes...you will get "different" callouts, because it will increase the chances that a callout you hadn't heard yet will be played. But presumably, eventually over time you will have heard all of the callouts and the only thing the setting would change at that point is the frequency.

That's my understanding, but I haven't seen a detailed explanation of the setting, and my understanding could easily be inaccurate or just completely wrong.

#11005 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveBen:

The call-outs are fantastic.
My favorite...
It's 9:05, you're late numb-nuts!

Yeah, I love that one too. But as I think I've mentioned before, they missed an opportunity with that, to align the callout with the actual clock during the mode (Working Man).

I first heard the callout at the beginning of the mode, so it was off by only five minutes. But since then I've heard it at various times in the mode. It's a little odd to have the clock at, for example, 1pm, and have Geddy yell at you about it being 9:05 and being late.

IMHO, they should have reserved the callout for the beginning of the mode, and the callout should always be synced with a free spot of 5 minutes on the clock, so that the clock really does show 9:05 when the callout is played.

But I admit, that's a petty and minor quibble. It's still a hilarious callout, among a large set of really funny ones. I'll take what I can get.

#11006 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

New premium owner here. Anyone having any issues with the ball getting stuck on the gap between the ramp and the time machine when the ramp is up? I have only played the game a handful of times and it has already happened a couple of times. Maybe the gap is too wide? Is there any adjustments there? Thanks Mìke

yes, it has been posted here but I can't remember on which page. if I recall, there is an adjustment on the ramp in the game specific settings menu to adjust the up position of the ramp (maybe a little high) so that the ball cannot get stuck and rest there.

#11007 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

yes, it has been posted here but I can't remember on which page. if I recall, there is an adjustment on the ramp in the game specific settings menu to adjust the up position of the ramp (maybe a little high) so that the ball cannot get stuck and rest there.

I was combing through this forum's pages a couple of days ago searching for posts relating to node 10 boards. I remember seeing several posts about the ramp gap from about seven months ago. An index search should pinpoint the posts.

#11008 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I think there is also some way to move the Time Machine forward, putting it closer to the ramp.

I actually have this problem on my machine, comes up very infrequently, maybe once every few weeks at most. I haven't decided whether I want to fix it or not, because it seems to happen mainly during multiballs, and I kind of appreciate the extra location to pause a ball so I can focus on other shots. You can always knock it loose with another ball, during multiball, and ball search will eventually drop it out anyway, so I haven't decided whether it's a good or bad thing on balance.

#11009 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Watch Raymond's 5 minute RUSH tutorial its great to get an overview of what's going on at first. He has a longer video that does a deep dive also.
I think the 5 minute one has been posted in the thread a page back or so.

Can someone please post the link. I see the 23 min version, which is great, can’t seem to find the 5 min one.

#11011 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_d:

Yeah, I love that one too. But as I think I've mentioned before, they missed an opportunity with that, to align the callout with the actual clock during the mode (Working Man).
I first heard the callout at the beginning of the mode, so it was off by only five minutes. But since then I've heard it at various times in the mode. It's a little odd to have the clock at, for example, 1pm, and have Geddy yell at you about it being 9:05 and being late.
IMHO, they should have reserved the callout for the beginning of the mode, and the callout should always be synced with a free spot of 5 minutes on the clock, so that the clock really does show 9:05 when the callout is played.

That's weird; I've only EVER heard that one at the very start of the mode. Obviously, like you're saying, that's the only place it fits. Anyone else having this callout land at various times in WM?

Speaking of Working Man, one of my favorite "callouts" (more of a sound effect really) is when you advance to the time of "ANOTHER MEETING" and you hear a guy screaming in the background. I completely understand and empathize with that sentiment!

#11012 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_d:

You're entitled to your opinion. But I find the callouts a lot of fun. Like, a lot of fun. .

Yep - but then again I'm a gigantic Rush fan LOL

#11013 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

That's weird; I've only EVER heard that one at the very start of the mode. Obviously, like you're saying, that's the only place it fits. Anyone else having this callout land at various times in WM?

If you restart the Working Man mode after draining, it will say it again no mather how much time you got before.

#11014 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

This and it's more a dad-joke humor so I guess some might not find it very exciting.

When you know the band and the clips they've made during their shows, you get it.

#11015 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

The only reason I got this pin was because they are my all-time favorite band. Is that why I like the callouts, or do I like them in spite of that? I'm not sure.

Either way, I wouldn't change a thing.

#11016 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_d:

The only reason I got this pin was because they are my all-time favorite band.

The best line I ever heard (from one of the Rush documentaries) is "Rush fans are the Trekkies of Rock". I've been an obsessed fan of them since 1976, when 2112 blew my 11-year-old mind. Seen them about 45 times in concert. My last was the Vegas show on July 25, 2015 for the R40 concert. This would the 4th-to-last Rush concert, ever.

I was devastated on the news of Neil's untimely death in early 2020. Rush was (and is) more than a band to me. They're a philosophy and a guidestone. The individual determinism in their music speaks volumes. So many of their songs are unique, timely, relevant, and powerful. Cut to the Chase (a fairly obscure track from the fairly obscure album Counterparts) sums it up nicely:

Young enough not to care too much
About the way things used to be
I'm young enough to remember the future
The past has no claim on me
I'm old enough not to care too much
About what you think of me
But I'm young enough to remember the future
The way things ought to be

The more you learn from Rush and the more you study them, the more you'll be amazed at the multiple meanings, double- and triple-entendre, and overall genius of this incredible band. Viva la Rush.

#11017 1 year ago

Is there a bug in the pro 1.02 code with the right orbit locking the spinner record color and the spinner locking the orbit? I don’t think that was like that before, can anyone confirm?

EDIT: not a bug, game assembly error with light boards cross-wired.

#11018 1 year ago
Quoted from Gabpower:

If you restart the Working Man mode after draining, it will say it again no mather how much time you got before.

This probably explains it, because it plays that sound on the WM mode start screen. Maybe that's what pete_d is running into.

#11019 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

This probably explains it, because it plays that sound on the WM mode start screen. Maybe that's what pete_d is running into.

Could easily be. I'm generally too focused on the actual game, to be able to remember after the fact whether I heard the callout right at the beginning of the mode, or sometime later during the mode. It's absolutely possible it was always the former.

In any case, I still maintain that if Geddy say it's 9:05, that's what should actually be on the drum clock.

#11020 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_d:

The only reason I got this pin was because they are my all-time favorite band. Is that why I like the callouts, or do I like them in spite of that? I'm not sure.
Either way, I wouldn't change a thing.

Honestly Im thrilled that this game is so good and well coded on top of the theme. Game is the only pin that will never leave the house. Borg loved this band too and it shows.

#11021 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Honestly Im thrilled that this game is so good and well coded on top of the theme. Game is the only pin that will never leave the house. Borg loved this band too and it shows.

And all Canadians to boot.
I've been lurking on here in anticipation but if everything works out I may have a pro on the way soon.... At that point I'll probably have two pins that will never leave the house. At what point is it called an addiction?

#11022 1 year ago

<blockquote cite="#7279699At what point is it called an addiction?

25 more, minimum

#11023 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

No doubt. I bought the game on the basis of a few short games when I first saw the machine. That was enough to know the gameplay was "good enough". Even with the Rush theme, I wouldn't have bothered if the game had clearly sucked.

But it was a very pleasant surprise to find, once I had the game in my house and was able to play it more, that the gameplay was really well done as well. I have some quibbles about the implementation -- Bastille Day timer, I'm looking at you -- but on the whole, it's fantastic. Not only does the game play well as a pin in its own right, the modes do justice to their respective songs, in a way that shows the team was really paying attention to the whole body of work Rush has, and not just mashing stuff together.

I still have a very warm place in my heart for the older pins. But this is one modern pin that I just love to death.

#11024 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Can someone please post the link. I see the 23 min version, which is great, can’t seem to find the 5 min one.

Ditto. Can someone post or share the post number? Thanks!

#11025 1 year ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Ditto. Can someone post or share the post number? Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/221#post-7278339

I mean, it was literally just 12 hours ago, and posted immediately after and as a direct response to the post you just quoted. Shouldn't have been that hard to find.

#11026 1 year ago
Quoted from simbob:

RUSH Pro - Initial thoughts;
(Got my pro delivered yesterday. Left flipper was working intermittently which ended up being a faulty node board. Thankfully my Stern distributor is great and had a tech out to me within 3 hours of me calling, and he himself ended up coming back at 9:30pm that night with a new board and made it all ready to rock)
* Here is my initial thoughts. I LOVE the gameplay. It's different and it's challenging. It's a machine that is very unforgiving if you aren't 'in the flow'
* The music is killer. The callouts aren't. Way too few and the voice acting from Geddy and Alex is wooden to say the least
* The lights and art are awesome. This is a very attractive machine, and mine is only a pro! I have a few mods on the way so can't wait to spice it up
* The rule set is hard to figure and seems a little convoluted?
* The screen has too much info and is confusing and the video assets could be MUCH better (more concert footage and more exciting footage etc)
Of course I may change my mind on half of this in a months time but interested to see if you seasoned Rush pinheads agree with most of that or if I am misreading the game... Either way, this is a super fun and super attractive machine!!

The call outs are spot on to Alex & Geddy's persona. I'm still figuring out the ruleset. It is indeed a very unique game. For sure.

#11027 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

And all Canadians to boot.

I don't know about that.. I know a lot of people that don't like. Most rock musicians do though.

Quoted from pete_d:

No doubt. I bought the game on the basis of a few short games when I first saw the machine. That was enough to know the gameplay was "good enough". Even with the Rush theme, I wouldn't have bothered if the game had clearly sucked.
But it was a very pleasant surprise to find, once I had the game in my house and was able to play it more, that the gameplay was really well done as well. I have some quibbles about the implementation -- Bastille Day timer, I'm looking at you -- but on the whole, it's fantastic. Not only does the game play well as a pin in its own right, the modes do justice to their respective songs, in a way that shows the team was really paying attention to the whole body of work Rush has, and not just mashing stuff together.
I still have a very warm place in my heart for the older pins. But this is one modern pin that I just love to death.

I pre-ordered it before it was announced, sight unseen and I wasn't even sure who was designing it for sure but I put faith in Stern.

I'm actually selling my last old pin this week (LW3), I have moved to all modern pins. My nostalgia for 80's and 90's is gone, I agree modern games rock.

#11028 1 year ago

Does anyone have a link to the custom apron card thread? I can't find it

#11030 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

this one?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only

#11032 1 year ago

Thanks for posting the five minute tutorial. I have had the game for some time now and never really understood how locking the instruments worked. Honestly, the video did not help too much either....but I saw how he removed the glass and was simply pushing the instruments. I did this and it helped a lot to figure out how to get the Freewill mb rolling.

#11033 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I got these - they look awesome!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/06678-rush-lenticular-3d-apron-cards

#11034 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Thanks for posting the five minute tutorial. I have had the game for some time now and never really understood how locking the instruments worked. Honestly, the video did not help too much either....but I saw how he removed the glass and was simply pushing the instruments. I did this and it helped a lot to figure out how to get the Freewill mb rolling.

He's also done some more detailed tutorials on multiballs and modes that are very worth watching. You can find them on his youtube page. Despite figuring out a lot of the code on my own, I still learned quite a bit from these tutorials. At around 7:30 in the multiball tutorial, he fully explains Free Will multiball (the multiball qualified by the instrument drop targets). I never fully understood how to qualify that mode, but now that I understand I more regularly go for it (or at least take affirmative steps to qualify it).

https://www.youtube.com/@raydaypinball

#11035 1 year ago

Thanks for the link. Helps me out. Sometimes, I have to collect each instrument twice in order to get the quick flasher signaling Freewill mb is ready. Is this normal?

#11036 1 year ago

A note on Rush code. I was just talking with a fellow pinhead the other day about how far Rayday has come in the coding department. The new code update and his tutorials show his passion to his craft.

I think it's cool that it is easier for people to get into modes and see the game.

I'll back this kind of commitment to the game, Kudos Stern team and Ray.

#11037 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Sometimes, I have to collect each instrument twice in order to get the quick flasher signaling Freewill mb is ready. Is this normal?

My mistake. Geez....I had 4 players going.

#11038 1 year ago
Quoted from kbenson13:

He's also done some more detailed tutorials on multiballs and modes that are very worth watching. You can find them on his youtube page. Despite figuring out a lot of the code on my own, I still learned quite a bit from these tutorials. At around 7:30 in the multiball tutorial, he fully explains Free Will multiball (the multiball qualified by the instrument drop targets). I never fully understood how to qualify that mode, but now that I understand I more regularly go for it (or at least take affirmative steps to qualify it).
https://www.youtube.com/@raydaypinball

What helped me was when he said to think about the instruments like blood bath in the walking dead.

#11039 1 year ago

Possibly thinking of joining this club. Any of you fine members have this game on location, or even at home how does it do with casuals and non pin people?

I want to personally play this game badly, but it would be for location and I'm just not sure on the theme. I've compared it against LZ too, as due to covid both weren't on the radar due to shutdowns. LZ has a more broad theme appeal I believe, but the implementation of the theme seems to be better on rush.

Raymond and crew have done great work with the rules and that's a plus, but to casuals it doesn't mean much unless they are quick to pick up on.

I know very little about rush the band. I was a huge Zeppelin fan, but Zep would have to be a premium and the rush pro is perfectly adequate.

Thoughts?

#11040 1 year ago

I changed my rubbers from Titan Low Bounce to regular Titans and ……………………………………………..
………………………………..

#11041 1 year ago

Holy Triumvirate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a game; finally got to Cygnus X-1 Book 2,
Completed 7 modes (Working Man Twice) and got to 2112 ..up to Discovery

I am exhausted.

1A5EFD3E-D54C-4BED-B925-36CF542CA031 (resized).jpeg1A5EFD3E-D54C-4BED-B925-36CF542CA031 (resized).jpeg41283D99-07A9-4836-AFDE-00F371245D6A (resized).jpeg41283D99-07A9-4836-AFDE-00F371245D6A (resized).jpeg5A3777EC-3B7E-41BC-A258-49677C1562C3 (resized).jpeg5A3777EC-3B7E-41BC-A258-49677C1562C3 (resized).jpeg9FF429D3-AA2D-4673-9529-1288B84D1F2A (resized).jpeg9FF429D3-AA2D-4673-9529-1288B84D1F2A (resized).jpeg
#11042 1 year ago

Depends on your location. Will say casuals enjoy the shots on Rush regardless of it being a band pin. Zep is probably more recognizable of a theme.

#11043 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Possibly thinking of joining this club. Any of you fine members have this game on location, or even at home how does it do with casuals and non pin people?
I want to personally play this game badly, but it would be for location and I'm just not sure on the theme. I've compared it against LZ too, as due to covid both weren't on the radar due to shutdowns. LZ has a more broad theme appeal I believe, but the implementation of the theme seems to be better on rush.
Raymond and crew have done great work with the rules and that's a plus, but to casuals it doesn't mean much unless they are quick to pick up on.
I know very little about rush the band. I was a huge Zeppelin fan, but Zep would have to be a premium and the rush pro is perfectly adequate.
Thoughts?

Honestly for route I think it might be a tough sell based on non-pinheads that have played mine. It is a pretty tough shooter for someone that casually is going to "double flip" a pinball machine. The 1 record to start a mode should help that but a complete casual to hit a shot then the time machine is asking quite a bit in my opinion. Not to mention they have basically no chance at completing a mode. I love the game but I don't know if it is the best for casual players. Cactus canyon is the biggest hit for me with the non-pinball crowd.

#11044 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

Honestly for route I think it might be a tough sell based on non-pinheads that have played mine. It is a pretty tough shooter for someone that casually is going to "double flip" a pinball machine. The 1 record to start a mode should help that but a complete casual to hit a shot then the time machine is asking quite a bit in my opinion. Not to mention they have basically no chance at completing a mode. I love the game but I don't know if it is the best for casual players. Cactus canyon is the biggest hit for me with the non-pinball crowd.

I appreciate the honest feedback. Its a great game, just finding that balance for location is tough and you are pretty limited on what is available from dealers right now.

#11045 1 year ago

Also a Premium owner. It happens to me too, but not often. Maybe about once every 20 games. I find it helps slow the chaos during multiball. Others may have fix recommendations - I don't know of any.

#11046 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

New premium owner here. Anyone having any issues with the ball getting stuck on the gap between the ramp and the time machine when the ramp is up? I have only played the game a handful of times and it has already happened a couple of times. Maybe the gap is too wide? Is there any adjustments there? Thanks Mìke

Happens on my Premium machine too, but not often.

#11047 1 year ago

What's the normal number of records needed to activate a mode? I thought it was two, but starting yesterday my Premium needed just one. Anyone else notice a recent change via software update?

#11048 1 year ago
Quoted from YYZ2112YYZ:

What's the normal number of records needed to activate a mode? I thought it was two, but starting yesterday my Premium needed just one. Anyone else notice a recent change via software update?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/217#post-7264109

#11049 1 year ago

Selling an LE if anyone in or near Arizona. See me add for full list of all I added to it. Accepting offers or trade for Midevil Madness.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/147416

5CB110A4-6F98-4817-8BCA-99740F4E37A7 (resized).jpeg5CB110A4-6F98-4817-8BCA-99740F4E37A7 (resized).jpegE26C5D89-42ED-48C7-837B-F1104205AF43 (resized).jpegE26C5D89-42ED-48C7-837B-F1104205AF43 (resized).jpeg782A7944-73B4-4FCD-95A1-ED494E62D0F5 (resized).jpeg782A7944-73B4-4FCD-95A1-ED494E62D0F5 (resized).jpeg4843434E-C45F-4797-9914-63BFC1BBD34D (resized).jpeg4843434E-C45F-4797-9914-63BFC1BBD34D (resized).jpeg
#11050 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Thoughts?

The pro doesn’t hold up against the popular modern sterns in my two locations where I’ve rotated it through, but probably would be great in a one or two pin bar with an older game next to it with tight outlanes set and a generous scoop kick out ball save. It’s not going to grow on the casual players you mention it’s just too complex and punishing of a layout. Definitely a players game, the walking dead targets reference by Rayday really drives that point home on so many levels.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,895 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/221?hl=pete_d and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.