IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 358.
#10951 1 year ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Appreciate your help - however I'm just going to stick with the Cliffy solution that I have subsequently installed. I'll try to mail this back to them if they ever reply to any of the PMs to either account I sent.
To answer your question, you may be right that when I pushed down on the ball it was "tighter" which might indicate it is too wide (as opposed to too tall). I was just focused on the fact that I couldn't make it "fit" any better than it did and I wanted to really give it a shot to ensure it was a defect versus my install. That said, I installed and removed it enough times that I think I gave it a more than fair shot to get working.
Assuming these are hand cut/printed and can vary a bit from product to product I can understand how some might not work on occasion.
No need for you to spend more time on this but I really appreciate your efforts! This community is amazing!

For what it's worth, I haven't received any messages from you about this. And I apologize, I haven't check in on this thread in a few days, so I'm just catching up. I'm sorry you had problems with your VUK protector. All VUK protectors have been made from the exact same model, so yours shouldn't be taller than any others, and height shouldn't have anything to do with it since the ball should just be dropping through a hole with no bottom surface but the metal of the mech. More likely, there may be some sort of a printing error we didn't catch in the walls of the protector that are overly narrowing the opening and catching the ball before it can settle to the bottom. Anyways, I'll PM you for further resolution.

#10952 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I have a suggest instead of the billionaire's club

Every game I score under a billion I will have to toast to rebillionizing lol

#10953 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_d:

Yes, there is.
Book 1 is qualified when you have played (but not necessarily completed) all six multiball modes -- Red Barchetta, Subdivision, Fly By Night, Far Cry, Freewill, and Headlong Flight.
Book 2 is qualified when you have completed all six record song modes -- Working Man, Limelight, Big Money, Spirit of the Radio, Tom Sawyer, and La Villa Strangiato.
IMHO, Book 2 is a lot harder to get to. I've reached Book 1 several times now, but never Book 2 in a regular game. The only time I've played Book 2 is via the game's mode menu before starting a game.

Yes, it's probably easier to reach the 2112 mode. I think I've been a lot closer to it than Book 2.

#10954 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Yes, it's probably easier to reach the 2112 mode. I think I've been a lot closer to it than Book 2.

I think you need to play Cygnus 1 and 2 in order to play 2112 no?

#10955 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I think you need to play Cygnus 1 and 2 in order to play 2112 no?

I think you're right. Granted, I haven't reached 2112 yet, never mind with or without playing Book 2. But the latest version of the rule sheet I have does say this:

"Collect enough years to reach year 2112 (and play both Cygnus modes) to start the final wizard mode."

Note text I bolded. Assuming the rule sheet is accurate, you're right. You can't get to 2112 without first getting to both Books 1 and 2.

#10956 1 year ago

Anybody out there ever have the ramp quit working....stopped going up and down?

#10957 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

yes! Game number one in Feb this year. the c clip that held in the rod which keeps the ramp connected fell off. took me quite a while to figure it out! C clip wasn't pushed all the way on at the factory. fine ever since!
I am now claiming this is the best game ever. the nuance in the code is genius.

#10958 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Common. Either a mechanical failure or a chip on the special node board that drives it has burned out. Pray for the mechanical failure.

#10959 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Dalton is blowing up RUSH on the new code in HARD mode right now. He's IN 2112/HARD at the moment. 31 Bil, Ball 1 (had extra balls) as of this post:

https://www.twitch.tv/daltonpinball

#10960 1 year ago

went into diagnostics and then to lift ramp stepper motor test.....and nothing happens...no test nada. suggestions?

#10961 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

went into diagnostics and then to lift ramp stepper motor test.....and nothing happens...no test nada. suggestions?

First, did you have the white pin inside the coin door pulled out so the playfield had power while in the menu? If no, do that and test again.
If yes, proceed...

Examine the special node board that drives the ramp motor carefully. If it's blown, there's a square chip on it that should have burn/scorch marks on one side of it.

#10962 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If yes, proceed...
Examine the special node board that drives the ramp motor carefully. If it's blown, there's a square chip on it that should have burn/scorch marks on one side of it.

Thanks. Will check it out now

#10963 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Thanks. Will check it out now

Here's a pic of a blown one, so you know where to look:
Node10- Damage pic (resized).jpgNode10- Damage pic (resized).jpg

There's also a key post in the topic index for this thread that discusses some connectors to check that may have come undone if you discover that the chip isn't blown (hopefully not blown, but too common).

#10964 1 year ago

It appears my chip has not been damaged. As you suggested, I will look in the index of this forum for where to turn next.

IMG_0750 (resized).PNGIMG_0750 (resized).PNG
#10965 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

It appears my chip has not been damaged. As you suggested, I will look in the index of this forum for where to turn next.
[quoted image]

Good news. I'd check the connector outlined in the topic index and also make sure the motor to ramp linkage is all connected.

#10966 1 year ago

Is your clock still working? When the chip blows, you lose both ramp and clock.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10967 1 year ago

Yes, the clock appears to be working. Strange.

#10968 1 year ago

Does anyone know the pinside handle on here for Ed Robertson? Thanks in advance…

#10969 1 year ago

Also check for tight zip ties on cabling, between ramp motor and Node board. There’s been cases of that causing a couple of issues, maybe you got lucky and it didn’t blow your chip.

#10970 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Yes, the clock appears to be working. Strange.

OK, scratch that comment. Went into Drum Clock Test and nothing happens. Is it possible that the chip is fried with no visible discoloration?

#10971 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

OK, scratch that comment. Went into Drum Clock Test and nothing happens. Is it possible that the chip is fried with no visible discoloration?

It looks like the top of the chip may have a little bit blown off. I wasn't sure if it was a jpg artifact. Maybe look at it closely.

#10972 1 year ago

Hmmm. I am not able to perform any of the node board tests (and yes the white plunger is pulled), but I can perform the node bus tests. Is this normal?

#10973 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Hmmm. I am not able to perform any of the node board tests (and yes the white plunger is pulled), but I can perform the node bus tests. Is this normal?

My Bond isn't here yet to check, and I don't remember. It seems like you SHOULD be able to do node bus tests. with the bypass pulled out.

Is the ramp the only thing that's misbehaving with you play a game?

#10974 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is the ramp the only thing that's misbehaving with you play a game?

Ramp is down and dead. Clock lights up, but the hand does not move. This could be a sign that the chip is indeed fried.

#10975 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Ramp is down and dead. Clock lights up, but the hand does not move. This could be a sign that the chip is indeed fried.

Did you reseat all the connectors around that Node 10 board?

I'd zoom on that chip with a phone and take a high res pic to see if that little area where the lettering was missing was a piece of chip blown off the top.

#10976 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Haven’t seen you mention it, are you getting the Node 10 Failure message on your screen, when powered on?

If not, did you do any work on the machine, and forget to plug something back in?

#10977 1 year ago
Quoted from tominator:

Does anyone know the pinside handle on here for Ed Robertson? Thanks in advance…

MapleSyrup

#10978 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Finished the game at 3,022,936,780 ... my third highest score to date, and pretty sure it's the farthest I've made it into the goals -- 4 (nearly 5) of the songs complete, all multiballs complete (even getting Far Cry a second time), and even made it as far as 2082 on the time machine.

That sounds amazing. 1.7B here and I've only reached Cygnus 3 times.

#10979 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Haven’t seen you mention it, are you getting the Node 10 Failure message on your screen, when powered on?
If not, did you do any work on the machine, and forget to plug something back in?

No failure message. did not do any work on the machine either.

#10980 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

No failure message. did not do any work on the machine either.

So far, that’s a good sign.....

#10981 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

When that particular chip blows, does it give a message? I don't remember that it does. The machine can still communicate with the board (which would throw a node error if it couldn't), the board just can't drive the ramp and clock motors anymore.

#10982 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When that particular chip blows, does it give a message? I don't remember that it does. The machine can still communicate with the board (which would throw a node error if it couldn't), the board just can't drive the ramp and clock motors anymore.

Got a new board being sent my direction. I would bet that resolves the issue. Thanks to the posts out there trying to help me figure this thing out! It reinforces my belief that this hobby has some of the best folks out there.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10983 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Got a new board being sent my direction. I would bet that resolves the issue. Thanks to the posts out there trying to help me figure this thing out! It reinforces my belief that this hobby has some of the best folks out there.

Definitely post what you find out, one way or the other.

#10984 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Do ensure you give all the connector pins/plug contacts and zip-tied wires related to this board a once-over when installing the new one. Maybe you'll find something you didn't catch originally and can address it before risking having another board blow out. Good luck!

#10985 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

My magnet stopped working.
I go into magnet test and nothing.
No tech alerts
Any advice ? Not quite sure how to diagnose and work with this magnet.

Did you ever get your TM magnet issue resolved? What was the final solution? Mine stopped working a couple of days ago.

#10986 1 year ago

4.2B today, was so happy, before I had a look on a post earlier (64B in hard mode by https://www.twitch.tv/daltonpinball)

Capture d’e?cran 2022-12-06 a? 23.20.30 (resized).pngCapture d’e?cran 2022-12-06 a? 23.20.30 (resized).png
#10987 1 year ago
Quoted from Rushafied:

Did you ever get your TM magnet issue resolved? What was the final solution? Mine stopped working a couple of days ago.

Do you have a multimeter?

It's most likely either a blown transistor or a shorted magnet. A multimeter will help you figure it out.

#10988 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Without going back through the thread, I do believe it brings up the red message of death “Node 10 Failure”, from what I’ve seen. Doesn’t mean all scenarios will be that though.

#10989 1 year ago

Just posting a helpful adjustment I've made - when the ball shoots out the bottom scoop and goes straight down the drain with no chance of saving it (for me this happens about 25% of the time), setting the ball save timer to two seconds instead of one makes a world of difference.

#10990 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

I would suggest to Stern that a home user or anytime the machine is in "Free Play," the player has no use for a free game. And I get that lots of you "better" players want the "arcade challenge" and choose not to add a free ball for replay. All that being said, This is all just software. If the machine is set for home use, what's the cost to knock the knocker? It excites the player and is a deserved reward.

I agree with this. Probably a lot! I'm certainly not one of the "better" players or at least not since I had decades with little to no practice.

I HAVE A QUESTION: Who here prefers to keep a pile of quarters handy and play the game arcade style rather than setting it to "Free Play"? Honestly I haven't gone searching the forum to see if this question has already been discussed or polled. If there's another thread I'll gladly move my thoughts there.

IMHO I say "Just say NO to Free Play". If I can afford to spend thousands on a game then I can afford to keep a roll or two of quarters circulating through the machines. Once I finally get more games I'm going to get some custom made tokens.

I'm a NEW home user, closer to age 60 than the 10-25yo I was when I was around arcade pinballs and video games all the time for one reason or another. I always needed quarters. Quarters or tokens. I was probably hanging by the jukebox with a "radio edit" single version of Working Man playing.

When I started playing Rush Premium this year, the first game I ever bought, I had it on free play. I've enjoyed, but I hate not getting rewarded with a free game when I deserved it with the loud POP. Or hearing the POP upon matching and hearing Alex telling me I have to play again. Like, "Come on, honey, Geddy's telling me to play again, I can't disappoint him."

Anyways, that's my story.

Are you on the side of Free Play or coin op?

#10991 1 year ago
Quoted from CloverleafKid:

Free play. Maintenance of my pinball machines is demanding enough without me having to go emptying out the change box every now and then. Why would I want to make extra work for myself?

Anyway, it's not like the knocker sound goes away just because you're on free play.

#10992 1 year ago

I agree with this. Probably a lot! I'm certainly not one of the "better" players or at least not since I had decades with little to no practice.
I HAVE A QUESTION: Who here prefers to keep a pile of quarters handy and play the game arcade style rather than setting it to "Free Play"? Honestly I haven't gone searching the forum to see if this question has already been discussed or polled. If there's another thread I'll gladly move my thoughts there.
IMHO I say "Just say NO to Free Play". If I can afford to spend thousands on a game then I can afford to keep a roll or two of quarters circulating through the machines. Once I finally get more games I'm going to get some custom made tokens.
I'm a NEW home user, closer to age 60 than the 10-25yo I was when I was around arcade pinballs and video games all the time for one reason or another. I always needed quarters. Quarters or tokens. I was probably hanging by the jukebox with a "radio edit" single version of Working Man playing.
When I started playing Rush Premium this year, the first game I ever bought, I had it on free play. I've enjoyed, but I hate not getting rewarded with a free game when I deserved it with the loud POP. Or hearing the POP upon matching and hearing Alex telling me I have to play again. Like, "Come on, honey, Geddy's telling me to play again, I can't disappoint him."

I did this for iron maiden - it worked as a piggy bank for about 1000 plays or something. Everything is on Freeplay now. Not that I sell machines but that's a toughy to explain, coins through the slot.

I can see the heavily routed ETPM or scared stiff with a poor Bondo job and sloppy redecal "home use only, 20000 plays because it was a piggy bank" - which isn't all lie, right?

It forced me to get cash, spend cash and spread it around to get change, so I could then play... or stop in, buy a pack of gum and get a roll of quarters... all in the name of nostalgia and recapturing my wayward youth skipping school and playing pinball at the mall. Never drugs though, for some reason I just said no to them.

#10993 1 year ago

New premium owner here. Anyone having any issues with the ball getting stuck on the gap between the ramp and the time machine when the ramp is up? I have only played the game a handful of times and it has already happened a couple of times. Maybe the gap is too wide? Is there any adjustments there? Thanks Mìke

#10994 1 year ago

Also, what is everybody doing for plastic protectors? Which ones? Thanks Mìke

#10995 1 year ago

RUSH Pro - Initial thoughts;

(Got my pro delivered yesterday. Left flipper was working intermittently which ended up being a faulty node board. Thankfully my Stern distributor is great and had a tech out to me within 3 hours of me calling, and he himself ended up coming back at 9:30pm that night with a new board and made it all ready to rock)

* Here is my initial thoughts. I LOVE the gameplay. It's different and it's challenging. It's a machine that is very unforgiving if you aren't 'in the flow'
* The music is killer. The callouts aren't. Way too few and the voice acting from Geddy and Alex is wooden to say the least
* The lights and art are awesome. This is a very attractive machine, and mine is only a pro! I have a few mods on the way so can't wait to spice it up
* The rule set is hard to figure and seems a little convoluted?
* The screen has too much info and is confusing and the video assets could be MUCH better (more concert footage and more exciting footage etc)

Of course I may change my mind on half of this in a months time but interested to see if you seasoned Rush pinheads agree with most of that or if I am misreading the game... Either way, this is a super fun and super attractive machine!!

#10996 1 year ago
Quoted from simbob:

RUSH Pro - Initial thoughts;
(Got my pro delivered yesterday. Left flipper was working intermittently which ended up being a faulty node board. Thankfully my Stern distributor is great and had a tech out to me within 3 hours of me calling, and he himself ended up coming back at 9:30pm that night with a new board and made it all ready to rock)
* Here is my initial thoughts. I LOVE the gameplay. It's different and it's challenging. It's a machine that is very unforgiving if you aren't 'in the flow'
* The music is killer. The callouts aren't. Way too few and the voice acting from Geddy and Alex is wooden to say the least
* The lights and art are awesome. This is a very attractive machine, and mine is only a pro! I have a few mods on the way so can't wait to spice it up
* The rule set is hard to figure and seems a little convoluted?
* The screen has too much info and is confusing and the video assets could be MUCH better (more concert footage and more exciting footage etc)
Of course I may change my mind on half of this in a months time but interested to see if you seasoned Rush pinheads agree with most of that or if I am misreading the game... Either way, this is a super fun and super attractive machine!!

Watch Raymond's 5 minute RUSH tutorial its great to get an overview of what's going on at first. He has a longer video that does a deep dive also.

I think the 5 minute one has been posted in the thread a page back or so.

#10997 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Watch Raymond's 5 minute RUSH tutorial its great to get an overview of what's going on at first. He has a longer video that does a deep dive also.
I think the 5 minute one has been posted in the thread a page back or so.

This tutorial is awesome! Thankyou

#10998 1 year ago

As an operator, used game seller and a home player, I can tell you that people do put a value on not having any paid credits on a game and will categorically avoid purchasing used games with paid credits regardless of condition.

#10999 1 year ago

So this question comes up from time to time (especially on the arcade forums).

Total personal preference obviously... but I would say that as I got more games in my collection the idea of loading money in and messing with the coin doors never appealed to me. When I have time to play I like to fire off game after game and it would be too tedious to deal with coins. The software tracks all the stats like games played, etc and that's just fine for me.

I think I've noticed a trend that people new to the hobby like to do the coins and as they get deeper into the hobby the novelty of it wears off.

#11000 1 year ago
Quoted from simbob:

The music is killer. The callouts aren't. Way too few and the voice acting from Geddy and Alex is wooden to say the least

You're entitled to your opinion. But I find the callouts a lot of fun. Like, a lot of fun. They make the game for me. Sure, the guys aren't professional voice actors, but IMHO that makes the callouts that much more personable. And many of them are really funny.

If you feel you're not being entertained enough, go into the settings and bump up the humor level for the callouts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/220 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.