20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 358.
#1001 2 years ago

Also, happy to be post #1,000.

#1002 2 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Anyone get word on their premium? Sounds like there are a few being made just after the LE's before the line switches over to something else, which should be imminent... Fingers crossed I get word soon!

I wonder if those will be international Premiums - I haven't seen anyone mention that international Premium models had been built and shipped. Doesn't Stern do international runs of things before domestic?

#1003 2 years ago

Tracking says my LE will be here tomorrow. I generally don't buy NIB games any more or that often...but last week Ultraman arrived, and this week Rush LE arrives. Bonkers. I'm hoping I'm not tempted to get anything else for the rest of the year lol

#1004 2 years ago

Put on a few more games last night, and I'm still kinda lost. I think a good code update would be to include a little more instruction on what the hell I'm supposed to be doing, particularly when you start a mode. It pauses (while the ball held in the Time Machine) as it starts the Song Mode ... it shows the album cover and song name on the screen -- why not include instructions then and give me a chance to understand what I'm supposed to do? Example: "The Big Money -- hit all pink shots then do this/that". Every mode feels like it's just "hit all the things" and I'm not clear what the differences are.

The other thing that's driving me batty is the constant overlap of modes. I was in some mode (lost track), and then I suddenly started Bastille Day. In the middle of Bastille Day, I activated Big Money. During Big Money, I triggered Far Cry multiball. During Far Cry multiball, I somehow ended up doing One Little Victory victory laps. I have no idea what the hell is going on. I know some of this understanding will eventually work itself out as I play it more, but it's impossible to follow what I'm supposed to be doing if I keep starting some other new mode every ten seconds on the top of some other mode.

Comparing to Game of Thrones, for example, sure I can stack modes -- but I can choose to do that and they start at the same time (or when I add another, like Wall Multiball, it pauses to tell me I'm adding something else). On this game, it feels like, PLAY THIS MODE - NOW PLAY THIS MODE - NOW ADD THIS MODE - HERE'S MORE BALLS - PLAY THIS TOO - EVERYTHING IS LIT - OMGWTFBBQ

Again, to be clear, I love this game -- but it needs a little more structure/organization. Does Stern read this thread or am I ranting to the void?

#1005 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Put on a few more games last night, and I'm still kinda lost. I think a good code update would be to include a little more instruction on what the hell I'm supposed to be doing, particularly when you start a mode. It pauses (while the ball held in the Time Machine) as it starts the Song Mode ... it shows the album cover and song name on the screen -- why not include instructions then and give me a chance to understand what I'm supposed to do? Example: "The Big Money -- hit all pink shots then do this/that". Every mode feels like it's just "hit all the things" and I'm not clear what the differences are.
The other thing that's driving me batty is the constant overlap of modes. I was in some mode (lost track), and then I suddenly started Bastille Day. In the middle of Bastille Day, I activated Big Money. During Big Money, I triggered Far Cry multiball. During Far Cry multiball, I somehow ended up doing One Little Victory victory laps. I have no idea what the hell is going on. I know some of this understanding will eventually work itself out as I play it more, but it's impossible to follow what I'm supposed to be doing if I keep starting some other new mode every ten seconds on the top of some other mode.
Comparing to Game of Thrones, for example, sure I can stack modes -- but I can choose to do that and they start at the same time (or when I add another, like Wall Multiball, it pauses to tell me I'm adding something else). On this game, it feels like, PLAY THIS MODE - NOW PLAY THIS MODE - NOW ADD THIS MODE - HERE'S MORE BALLS - PLAY THIS TOO - EVERYTHING IS LIT - OMGWTFBBQ
Again, to be clear, I love this game -- but it needs a little more structure/organization. Does Stern read this thread or am I ranting to the void?

Should we stay off your lawn? Sorry just kind of came across that way, but I appreciate your honest impressions.

#1006 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Thanks for the excellent and well thought-out comments. I agree that the stacking/transitioning between modes is sudden and for a beginner can be very difficult to follow and know what you are supposed to do next. The most recent release (0.88) added extra text on the bottom of the display that describes what is going on right now, and what you need to do to activate the next several things. When things get crazy, there is no time to look up at the display.

I bet Stern reads this thread but they tend not to respond often on Pinside. A better forum might be the Rush Rulesheet thread on Tilt Forums. RayDay documented the rules there and is active in the thread. It is a great read if you don't mind spoilers - some people like to figure out all the rules on their own.

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-rush-rulesheet/7409

#1007 2 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

In on a Pro, due for delivery in March, from MAD Pinball. Excellent experience in buying from this distro in the past. Highly recommended.

Congrats!

Quoted from konjurer:

I loved shaker motors at first but once I got accustomed to the vibrations my brain just doesn't notice the effect anymore.

I just installed my first ever shaker in the Rush Pro. I love it but I agree - you almost get used to it after a while.

#1008 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I am feeling somewhat the same.I only watched a couple of gameplay videos and then stopped watching videos and listening to anything Rush so I wouldnt be burned out when I got mine.Now I dont know much about rules but will enjoy learning as I go.If only there were a car mod .Hmmm

#1009 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

This is exactly why I pulled the plug on my pro order in favor of Mando premium.

I can always grab a pro at a later date when code is more cohesive.

#1010 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I hope it gets better, I would love some more verbal call outs also. I am far from a pro player so thats part of it but it's hard to remember the rules for each mode.

Of course it will get better with more plays also!

#1011 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Congrats!

I just installed my first ever shaker in the Rush Pro. I love it but I agree - you almost get used to it after a while.

My DE JP rattled itself apart with the shaker on, literally dropping things onto the playfield and from underneath. TNA shaker made everything buzz in the cabinet. I'm a bit of an audio junkie, so I prefer good sounding bass instead of buzz/rattle.

Everyone has different tastes so I'm not bagging on anyone using a shaker, it's just my personal preference

#1012 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Well last might I got my first games in and I couldnt be more pleased.
The only downs I have are that the sound is crap and I feel for the price it should have come powder coated.
TODAY IS PINWOOFER DAY.Having pinwoofer on most of my machines I know what to expect and I am very excited to hear/see the results again.About the shaker ,I love it .It came set on aggressive and I will leave it but you can turn it down in settings.When I was driving to pick it up I had a Rush like I was on speed (the Christmas Day effect)

let us know how the pinwoofer works out.. trying to decide if i should pull the trigger on that..

#1013 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Should we stay off your lawn? Sorry just kind of came across that way, but I appreciate your honest impressions.

lol, I was feeling a little like that while I was writing it. "Back in my day, games used to stall the ball and give you information about what you're supposed to do next!"

Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I agree that the stacking/transitioning between modes is sudden and for a beginner can be very difficult to follow and know what you are supposed to do next.

My wife has been enjoying watching me wallow in my frustration about this -- because this is how she's felt about EVERY game we've owned, lol

The most recent release (0.88) added extra text on the bottom of the display that describes what is going on right now, and what you need to do to activate the next several things. When things get crazy, there is no time to look up at the display.

I'm not sure which version I'm on but I'll check, though I think I know what you're referring to, where it's saying to get 1-2-3 combos, or hit Time Machine to charge up or whatever. That's helpful too, but I'm talking more about the screen explaining the particular objectives when you start a new mode. Also, I still don't know if each mode is timed, or runs until you beat it or start something new, or what. I need try to cradle more to pause, to see what info might be offered on the screen. "I'd like to pause ... if I could slow it all down -- like some captain whose ship runs aground, I could wait until the tide comes around"
(sorry, couldn't help myself)

I bet Stern reads this thread but they tend not to respond often on Pinside. A better forum might be the Rush Rulesheet thread on Tilt Forums. RayDay documented the rules there and is active in the thread. It is a great read if you don't mind spoilers - some people like to figure out all the rules on their own. http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-rush-rulesheet/7409

Thanks for this. I do generally to prefer to figure them out for myself (with a little help from the apron card) but I might check this out because I'm getting a little frustrated, lol. I've had some games where I feel like I totally rocked a particular song mode or two, and yet they never go solid at the inserts by the flippers, so I'm clearly not completing them.

Quoted from Jamesays:

If only there were a car mod .Hmmm

lol I know I know! Need time to get through current events (and the pile of Signals/Presto mod orders) and then I'll be getting back on the Barchetta bridge/road mod. Don't worry, it's happening!

#1014 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Stern also publishes the rules. Thiers's may be easier to print out.

https://insider.sternpinball.com/documents/16/Rush-Rulesheet.pdf

#1015 2 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Thanks, this looks great ... I guess it's my own fault for not wanting to read the rules ahead of time and instead just learn them myself, though my complaint/frustration with mode started during mode started during mode started during mode still stands!

#1016 2 years ago

Completing the 6 modes sure looks tough, especially La Villa Strangiato!

Still not sure what the double scoop adds to this game though?

Looks a pretty solid ruleset with plenty to do.

#1017 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Thanks, this looks great ... I guess it's my own fault for not wanting to read the rules ahead of time and just learning them myself, though my complaint/frustration with mode started during mode started during mode started during mode still stands!

You will also learn the musical cues. Each song means something specific - Bastille Day means you need to hit the RUSH standups quickly (it is a hurry up). Far Cry is obviously the main Multiball. Headlong Flight and Free Will are other Multiballs that can be started elsewhere on the playfield. Time Machine can start 6 modes (songs shown on the lower half of the playfield) and 3 Multiballs, which do each pause and show something on the display, with a brief description of the goals.

Rules are deep but I really like the way they are progressing so far. Can't wait to see what they do with the 3 wizard modes!

#1018 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Thanks, this looks great ... I guess it's my own fault for not wanting to read the rules ahead of time and instead just learn them myself, though my complaint/frustration with mode started during mode started during mode started during mode still stands!

I agree there is a lot of music changes going on. I have been known to cradle the ball to make it through a particular section of music

#1019 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

My DE JP rattled itself apart with the shaker on, literally dropping things onto the playfield and from underneath. TNA shaker made everything buzz in the cabinet. I'm a bit of an audio junkie, so I prefer good sounding bass instead of buzz/rattle.
Everyone has different tastes so I'm not bagging on anyone using a shaker, it's just my personal preference

For sure. Got the shaker for almost free so I couldn't say no, can always turn it off if I get tired of it.

I just got the cables in for my woofer today from Amazon so that's tonite!

I agree there is a lot of music changes going on. I have been known to cradle the ball to make it through a particular section of music

I do this at the beginning. I hit start and get into the song for a bit before I plunge. How can you not do that!?

#1020 2 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

They never responded to me... Hopefully overnight or tomorrow. Will keep everyone posted.

They responded and will be sending a replacement

#1021 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

I actually have the shaker turned off, not a fan of them. When I tuned the audio to actually give me bass it rattles the glass. I prefer bass to the shaker. (Shakers also make the playfield look blurry on streams.
I put MRS switches on Rick and morty for this same issue

An MRS for this application would indeed help!

Matt
M&M Creations
"We Don't Touch Your Balls...."

#1022 2 years ago

LE supposed to arrive Friday but we have garbage weather this week. I’ll be hopeful for early next week.

#1023 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:That's helpful too, but I'm talking more about the screen explaining the particular objectives when you start a new mode. Also, I still don't know if each mode is timed, or runs until you beat it or start something new, or what

The song modes are pretty simple once started... usually hit the lit shot, flashy shot is more, if time machine has green lit, probably a collect there. Like most of the modes are just keep shooting the colored inserts. The nuances are in the setup BEFORE the mode starts.

Song modes are not timed. Complete enough shots typically and song is done or drain.

#1024 2 years ago

Pinball Pirate called and delivery is this Friday or next Monday for the RUSH LE at the latest!!! FUCK YES!!!!!! I will be taking my first photos that will be posted on Pinside once it arrives.

#1025 2 years ago

Finally got to play one one location and all I can say is... wow... is Stern making games out of paper mache now? This should not happen in a few weeks no matter how much it is played.

20220223_132030 (resized).jpg20220223_132030 (resized).jpg
#1026 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

is Stern making games out of paper mache now? [quoted image]

That's funny and awful at the same time.

#1027 2 years ago

Finally got to play one one location and all I can say is... wow... is Stern making games out of paper mache now? This should not happen in a few weeks no matter how much it is played.
[quoted image]

Oooph. If any LE's have damage like that, I'm sure there will be a flood of people asking for replacement populated playfields.

#1028 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oooph. If any LE's have damage like that, I'm sure there will be a flood of people asking for replacement populated playfields.

Yep.

#1029 2 years ago

[quoted image]

WOW! That is awful! Which location was this?

#1030 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:Finally got to play one one location and all I can say is... wow... is Stern making games out of paper mache now? This should not happen in a few weeks no matter how much it is played.
[quoted image]

Quoted from cscmtp:

That's funny and awful at the same time.

Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Moms organic market in college park Maryland. Added to the map 30 January. That is just over 3 weeks on location. That is a pro in a grocery store.

#1031 2 years ago

the LEs got a new lower scoop protector, but is the upper scoop protector any different?

#1032 2 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Wherever they're filming the new SAW movie for pinball machines.

#1033 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

the LEs got a new lower scoop protector, but is the upper scoop protector any different?

Supposed to be the correct stainless on both for the LE. Pros got tinfoil.

#1034 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Supposed to be the correct stainless on both for the LE. Pros got tinfoil.

makes me feel better. Hows the flipper heat on this one PinMonk?

#1035 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

makes me feel better. Hows the flipper heat on this one PinMonk?

Don't know yet. Mine will be here next week and temp testing is the first order of business. Anecdotally, from other's play it seems to be in the mild/moderate category where you don't get the fade until extended play time of 60 or 90 minutes, but I'll start gathering data on the actual machine next week.

#1036 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

So what you’re saying, the machine plays “exactly” how a musician learns/plays a Rush song? I’ve had many of those nights, lol.

#1037 2 years ago

Not sure if this makes any sense, but I had said I was having the game crash here and there .I got home and started downloading .88 and It was doing its thing then said “download complete” but it was .87 still .I started it again now it seems like it’s downloading .88 .Is it possible some shipped without the full .87 complete ? First time doing this via IC .

#1038 2 years ago

Pretty cool feature though .Waiting on .88 I’m timing it will report back .

#1039 2 years ago

To be more clear when I got Net up in the settings it seemed to have been started already right when I entered the screen .

#1040 2 years ago

Just got the call! LE coming to Hamilton just waiting for the tracking number

#1041 2 years ago

42 minutes .

#1042 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Just got the call! LE coming to Hamilton just waiting for the tracking number

Just got the call as well! Tuesday, March 1 @ 2pm. Man alive!!!! Congrats to all the owners.......the last two months have been Christmas every day with the rumors, updates, announcements, release and banter on this site and other media outlets. I am a newbie to pinball ownership and Rush is hands down my favorite band, so it is amazing that this release coincides with my newfound passion for pinball.

#1043 2 years ago

Hey hey. Awesome that Rush is shipping and being received! Great posts. Keep them coming.
Just received a text. Mine is shipping tomorrow. Yahoo! Will send pics when received!!
Congrats to everyone~
Thank you to Josh and team at Ice (Innovative Concepts in Entertainment) in Buffalo NY for the Rush LE. They were awesome. Keep up the great work!!

Looking forward to future Pins.

#1044 2 years ago

Try doing the old USB stick,worked in 1 shot for me

#1045 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

Just got the call as well! Tuesday, March 1 @ 2pm. Man alive!!!! Congrats to all the owners.......the last two months have been Christmas every day with the rumors, updates, announcements, release and banter on this site and other media outlets. I am a newbie to pinball ownership and Rush is hands down my favorite band, so it is amazing that this release coincides with my newfound passion for pinball.

I suppose theres a reason you dont drive the 1 hour and pick it up now ? :thinking:Rent a Uhaul

#1046 2 years ago
162EBD06-6A83-4D42-A54C-9E737FD14A87 (resized).jpeg162EBD06-6A83-4D42-A54C-9E737FD14A87 (resized).jpeg494F4A5E-559E-4674-8210-E2C9FDB5ECE6 (resized).jpeg494F4A5E-559E-4674-8210-E2C9FDB5ECE6 (resized).jpeg5099E368-6E3F-432A-B312-3D1C3EDB65AA (resized).jpeg5099E368-6E3F-432A-B312-3D1C3EDB65AA (resized).jpeg9C228515-9738-430C-B233-E47991766E36 (resized).jpeg9C228515-9738-430C-B233-E47991766E36 (resized).jpegB9950CD8-B654-4CC2-9C83-0487D1393EC5 (resized).jpegB9950CD8-B654-4CC2-9C83-0487D1393EC5 (resized).jpegBA1A05D6-D972-4AC7-B513-52D9938B023E (resized).jpegBA1A05D6-D972-4AC7-B513-52D9938B023E (resized).jpeg
#1047 2 years ago

look at the dice mod its beautiful but install it correctly not like this ,the tabs go under.Doh

#1048 2 years ago

Got the call and scheduled for 11am Friday! Beyond excited. First NIB, first LE, and the most excited I’ve been for anything! Can’t wait to pour one!

#LivingintheLimelight

63F303A6-3DB5-4E07-9255-CE59E9B98ECA (resized).jpeg63F303A6-3DB5-4E07-9255-CE59E9B98ECA (resized).jpeg
#1049 2 years ago

Got my speaker lights.com in and Pinwoofer kit sounds so Good if your upgrading sound this is a MUST.It sounds as they say Bad A--

#1050 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Got my speaker lights.com in and Pinwoofer kit sounds so Good if your upgrading sound this is a MUST.It sounds as they say Bad A--

Those speakers look sick.

Hard to install?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/21?hl=geddy2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.