IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 358.
#10801 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

OK. Good to know. I will wait and see if I can get the replacement. I do have the Cliffy in waiting but really like the look of the NC.

NC will take care of you, as they mentioned in the post above, they’re aware and take great care of their customers.

#10802 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Gameroommods 15% off now through Cyber Monday! Use code GRM2022BF
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods
Rush Mods:
Inner Orbit Protector

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have the inner orbit protector in my premium and i have not missed scoring a shot there since installing. AND.... it looks so clean and well cut that you have no idea it was not a factory piece. I highly recommend it.

#10803 1 year ago

Got a fresh issue where the drop targets keep attempting reset. Usually in pulses of three. Took a look but didn’t see anything out of place. No unusual activity in test. Any ideas?

#10804 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Got a fresh issue where the drop targets keep attempting reset. Usually in pulses of three. Took a look but didn’t see anything out of place. No unusual activity in test. Any ideas?

Sounds like a bad opto (switch test mode, manually drop them and verify the opto registers for each target as it drops when you tap it), a broken opto interrupter fin on one or more of the drop targets (visually inspect the targets under the PF and make sure they all have their fins), a bent target that can't grab the shelf that keeps it up (bend targets forward so they can grab better), or a broken target shelf (replace broken plastic shelf).

#10805 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds like a bad opto (switch test mode, manually drop them and verify the opto registers for each target as it drops when you tap it), a broken opto interrupter fin on one or more of the drop targets (visually inspect the targets under the PF and make sure they all have their fins), a bent target that can't grab the shelf that keeps it up (bend targets forward so they can grab better), or a broken target shelf (replace broken plastic shelf).

Yeah it all checks out visually and seems to register normally. But I bet you’re right. Stupid optos.

#10806 1 year ago

My Rush LE registers a small number of points every time I tap either flipper button during a game. This doesn’t seem normal. Any ideas?

#10807 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Yeah it all checks out visually and seems to register normally. But I bet you’re right. Stupid optos.

Make sure you've blackened out the little plastic tabs on the targets or the optos will "see through" them and work wrong. I masking taped mine, all but the tab, and hit them with black spray paint.

20220925_220149 (resized).jpg20220925_220149 (resized).jpg20220925_221512 (resized).jpg20220925_221512 (resized).jpg

#10808 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

My Rush LE registers a small number of points every time I tap either flipper button during a game. This doesn’t seem normal. Any ideas?

Go into switch test mode and see what’s registering to give those points.

#10810 1 year ago

Seconded.
it’s the best solution for the switch registering and looks like it belongs. Easy install, Can’t even see it, so clean and well cut.

GameRoom Mods are very nice people making
Great mods.

Quoted from Ceckitti:

I have the inner orbit protector in my premium and i have not missed scoring a shot there since installing. AND.... it looks so clean and well cut that you have no idea it was not a factory piece. I highly recommend it.

#10811 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Quoted from Apollo18:

Seconded.
it’s the best solution for the switch registering and looks like it belongs. Easy install, Can’t even see it, so clean and well cut.
GameRoom Mods are very nice people making
Great mods.

Thanks for the feedback and kind words guys! It really energizes us to hear people are enjoying our mods!

#10812 1 year ago

I won't buy anything off Facebook. Too many scammers. If you can't contact them directly, I'd pass

#10813 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I won't buy anything off Facebook. Too many scammers. If you can't contact them directly, I'd pass

They have a website and I have been speaking with the owner via Whatsapp.

Seems completely legit.

#10814 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Go into switch test mode and see what’s registering to give those points.

This usually happens to me when I replace rubbers, like on slingshots. It can make the switch adjustment too tight.

#10815 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

They have a website and I have been speaking with the owner via Whatsapp.
Seems completely legit.

I googled them and it seems 100% scam to me I could be wrong but I would not send them a cent. The website is https://xianek.eu/
Ive never communicated with a legit seller via Whatsapp.

#10816 1 year ago

#10817 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I googled them and it seems 100% scam to me I could be wrong but I would not send them a cent. The website is https://xianek.eu/

Whatsapp is extremely common in Europe so that's not a qualifier for a "scam". The guy was very knowledgeable and responsive. If he created all the art and pictures and that website fot a big $100 scam for translites that seems like way too much work.

#10818 1 year ago

Are we supposed to be pushing pirated artwork on Pinside?

#10819 1 year ago

I can’t lie, I do like his nude Creature translite

#10820 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Totally legit, does some nice stuff

#10821 1 year ago

https://xianek.eu/ is legit and I have purchased a LOTR backglass from him before. Just be aware, shipping is very slow, took 3 months+ to arrive.

#10822 1 year ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

https://xianek.eu/ is legit and I have purchased a LOTR backglass from him before. Just be aware, shipping is very slow, took 3 months+ to arrive.

Ya, he has faster shipping for 10 euros more.

He mentioned the glass could be an issue through to North America customs, may take longer regardless.

#10823 1 year ago

Added Dug’s speaker lights to my Rush Pro last night. Easy install. Wife picked the color we had up for the photo. But definitely like them and they match the owl!

B9210632-8AB5-4862-8BF5-7C0798A9C298 (resized).jpegB9210632-8AB5-4862-8BF5-7C0798A9C298 (resized).jpeg
#10824 1 year ago

Does anyone know where I can find about a 2 or 3 ft power cable extension,I have a splitter coming from my backbox power supply and need one side to be longer.

#10825 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Does anyone know where I can find about a 2 or 3 ft power cable extension,I have a splitter coming from my backbox power supply and need one side to be longer.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=42054

#10826 1 year ago

One of the frequent posters here made a pretty lengthy guide on how to install Expression Lights without lifting the playfield not long ago, but I’m struggling to find it. Did anyone happen to bookmark it?

#10828 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

One of the frequent posters here made a pretty lengthy guide on how to install Expression Lights without lifting the playfield not long ago, but I’m struggling to find it. Did anyone happen to bookmark it?

Without looking, I think it’s back on page 184-185, if I remember correctly.

Edit: Yep, pg 184-185 has good info, here’s my post on it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/184#post-7108717

#10829 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Yeah, it's pretty doable. Basically just requires taking the cover off the lights and then being comfortable flexing the pieces a bit, but definitely possible without too much difficulty.

#10830 1 year ago

Always nice when a new code drops for RUSH.....and that new update just dropped a few minutes ago.

#10831 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Always nice when a new code drops for RUSH.....and that new update just dropped a few minutes ago.

Loading now!

#10833 1 year ago

Stern continuing to be masters of the code update....

LE V1.02 - November 29, 2022
==========================
Fixed:

- Fixed an issue that prevented Far Cry mutltiball from resetting properly
if the player ended the mode with a super jackpot lit.

- Fixed an issue that caused held records to prevent the player from boosting
their mode on their next ball.

- Fixed an issue that could cause the WEAPON IS READY display effect to play
if the game had previously had a player advance to One Little Victory Laps and
the player had the Vapor Trails album lit.

- Fixed an issue that prevented the instrument lane from correctly cycling
record colors in some cases.

Tweaked:

- Freewill Multiball:
- Improved detection for a ball locked behind the freewill lock during
Freewill Multiball. This allows players to re-lock the ball if the posts
do not capture a ball in time.
- Prevented the drop targets from resetting if Freewill multiball is lit
and the player has recently finished another multiball.

- Headlong Flight Multiball:
- Added an additional light show on the drum clock to indicate that Headlong
Flight multiball is lit.

- La Villa Strangiato:
- Changed the La Villa Strangiato timer to pause for choreography, pop
bumpers, and other effects.

- The Spirit of Radio:
- Changed The Spirit of Radio scoring so shot multipliers no longer multiply
the amount of points that go into the Radio Jackpot since the Radio Jackpot
itself can also be multiplied.

- Bastille Day Hurry-Up:
- Increased the number of Time Machine years earned per completion to 3 (was
2).
- Improved grace period handling in Bastille Day.

- Time Machine Perks:
- Changed Time Machine perks to now end at the end of ball. Perks will be
re-enabled every time a player upgrades their time machine.

- Records:
- Changed the number of records needed to light a mode to 1 (was 2).

- 2112 Wizard Mode:
- Improved introduction effects.
- Increased scoring throughout 2112 wizard mode.

- Skill Shot:
- Changed the skill shot to give the player an additional chance to plunge
the ball to the upper flipper for a skill shot attempt.

- Competition Install:
- Changed FREEWILL ADD-A-BALL difficulty to MEDIUM (was HARD).
- Changed MAX SHOT MULTIPLIER to 3 (was 4).
- Changed MAX NUMBER OF WILDCARDS to 3 (was 2).
- Sets "RESET RECORD BOOST ON DRAIN" to YES.

- Adjustments:
- Added "RESET RECORD BOOST ON DRAIN" adjustment with a default value of
NO. Game behavior will only change when the adjustment is set to YES which
will cause the player to lose any record boost % on a drain.

- Tech Alerts:
- Increased the inactivity detection duration for the L Ramp Exit Opto
switch.

- Improved synchronization of stepper motors during gameplay.

- Added additional game sound effects.

New:

- 2112 Difficulty:
- Added a new adjustment "2112 DIFFICULTY".
- Default: EASY.
- HARD adjustment changes gameplay so exactly 100 years are available:
- Planet mode max years changed from 10 to 5.
- Red Barchetta max years changed from 5 to 8.
- Headlong Flight max years changed from 10 to 6.
- Far Cry Multiball max years changed from 10 to 5.
- One Little Victory max years changed from 10 to 6.
- Added an additional high score table "2112 STARMAN OF THE AGES" for
players who achieve 2112 when 2112 DIFFICULTY is set to HARD.

Moved to System 3.27

- Added Connectivity Icon (Ethernet or WiFi Signal Bars) to attract mode
Insider Connected screens. The Icon will be displayed in the upper
right corner with the number of credits/free play.

- Blink selected icon in Service Menu Dot Matrix menus.

#10834 1 year ago

Dropping the number of records needing to light a mode seems like a big change!

#10835 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

- Skill Shot:
- Changed the skill shot to give the player an additional chance to plunge
the ball to the upper flipper for a skill shot attempt.

I may finally actually get a skill shot now. The number of times I weak-plunge on the first try is like 95%. Us old folks thank you for this change!

#10836 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Dropping the number of records needing to light a mode seems like a big change!

No kidding. Especially since two records already wasn't all that hard.

I presume they still at least kept the "number of records to start mode increases by 1 for each mode completed" aspect.

#10837 1 year ago

Not sure I like that you lose perks at the time machine for losing your ball. Hopefully I can turn off that setting.
I can see losing things like combos because those are easier to get, but perks?

#10838 1 year ago
Quoted from spandol:

Not sure I like that you lose perks at the time machine for losing your ball. Hopefully I can turn off that setting.

I'm curious about this sentence though: "Perks will be re-enabled every time a player upgrades their time machine." Does that mean that you get all the perks that had been awarded up to that point? Or you have to start over earning perks?

If the former, that could take some of the sting out of losing the perks at the end of the ball.

But, yeah...for some players, probably the typical casual player, upgrading the time machine doesn't happen all that often, so seems mean to take away whatever they did get at the end of the ball. A setting to control that would be nice.

At the end of the day, I'm generally pretty indifferent to rules changes, and I guess for these I am too. On the other hand, it's not clear to me why little things like this are getting changed anyway. If the rules had always been that it took only 1 record to qualify the first mode, or that time machine perks were always reset at the end of the ball, I doubt anyone would care. But when you get used to the game being one way, and then they change it to something significantly different, that can get annoying.

Never mind that it also makes it impossible to truly compare high scores over time. Of course, I'm sure they'd get a huge uproar if updating the machine also caused all the high scores to reset, but honestly that'd be the most logical thing to do.

#10839 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

I may finally actually get a skill shot now. The number of times I weak-plunge on the first try is like 95%. Us old folks thank you for this change!

Yeah, I'm grateful for the change too. But seems like a backhanded way to acknowledge that there are games that just aren't plunging right.

I'm an "old folk", and not that great a player, but if it weren't for the bad/rattly plunges, I'd probably be able to set up for the skill shot 95% of the time. Whether I'd actually hit one of the shots after that is a different story, but calibrating the plunge isn't that hard.

#10840 1 year ago
Quoted from spandol:

Sorry that was worded weird. The permanent multiball perks are still permanent. The other things like extended timers, easier rush targets go away at the end of ball, and have always gone away.

The change is now you get all of those back any time you upgrade, so when you upgrade on a new ball you’ll get extended timers, easier Rush targets, etc if you had made it that far in the last upgrade.

#10841 1 year ago
Quoted from spandol:

Thankfully they’re re-enabled once you advance the Time Machine again, so it’s not really a big change overall. I’m curious why it was changed to begin with, though. Maybe tournament players who know all the exploits can chime in?

The 2112 wizard mode difficult change is huge, actually looks attainable for most non-godlike players now. Nice touch they kept an additional high score for those that go after the original, harder setting.

Excited to see what new SFX have been added.

#10842 1 year ago

I was going to post something but Pete used up all the words

#10843 1 year ago

just kidding around if your names Pete

#10844 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I was going to post something but Pete used up all the words

Quoted from Jamesays:

just kidding around if your names Pete

That's alright. You might have run out, but I've got a hoard of them stockpiled in my closet. I'll probably wind up posting more words later, then you can refill your stock from that.

#10845 1 year ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

Sorry that was worded weird. The permanent multiball perks are still permanent. The other things like extended timers, easier rush targets go away at the end of ball, and have always gone away.
The change is now you get all of those back any time you upgrade, so when you upgrade on a new ball you’ll get extended timers, easier Rush targets, etc if you had made it that far in the last upgrade.

Not a problem! Thanks for clarifying! The MB perks were what I hated losing until I upgraded again. Makes more game sense now.

#10846 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_d:

No kidding. Especially since two records already wasn't all that hard.
I presume they still at least kept the "number of records to start mode increases by 1 for each mode completed" aspect.

Not sure why this was done?? Maybe because they felt the successive modes were too hard to get?

#10847 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Are we supposed to be pushing pirated artwork on Pinside?

He's not pushing? Just looking for some feedback as a potential buyer.

#10848 1 year ago

Not sure if it's from the new code or if I just never noticed til now ... but when your game ends and you have ball(s) locked and/or drop targets down, it waits for the precise moment during the Match animation when the owl strikes the numbers and then pops them. In other words, here comes the owl, aaaand BOOM <locked balls ejected and pops reset simultaneously>. I love this, nice subtle detail that was completely unnecessary but wonderfully implemented! Bravo!

I typically turn the Match feature off on my home games (pointless in free play environment) but I loved the animation for Rush so I left it on. I'm glad I did!

P.S. I also noticed the free 2nd attempt at skill shot, thought my switch was acting up at first.

#10849 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Not sure if it's from the new code or if I just never noticed til now ... but when your game ends and you have ball(s) locked and/or drop targets down, it waits for the precise moment during the Match animation when the owl strikes the numbers and then pops them. In other words, here comes the owl, aaaand BOOM <locked balls ejected and pops reset simultaneously>. I love this, nice subtle detail that was completely unnecessary but wonderfully implemented! Bravo!
I typically turn the Match feature off on my home games (pointless in free play environment) but I loved the animation for Rush so I left it on. I'm glad I did!
P.S. I also noticed the free 2nd attempt at skill shot, thought my switch was acting up at first.

I always leave the match on and at max volume. Love it when it scares the hell out of people

#10850 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

it waits for the precise moment during the Match animation when the owl strikes the numbers and then pops them

I think there is only ever one ball locked at a time?

But yeah, it's nice how they synced that up. It's been there since at least v0.97 (that's the version my game came installed with), probably earlier.

I will admit, once in a while it actually annoys me, because you can usually interrupt the match feature if you want to start a new game right away, but not when a ball is locked. But I'm usually okay waiting a few more seconds to press that Start button again, so it's okay.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/217?hl=pete_d and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.