IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 358.
#10601 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Correct, in the past they've been on eBay for around $150, but none for the last 6-8 months. When this seller popped up at a reduced price I jumped. My friend Bill Hanson of Super Skill Shot Shooters https://superskillshot.com will turn it into a shooter rod at a reasonable price, and his craftsmanship is superb.

#10602 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Have to share, for those of us in the “Under 1B Score Club”, had a great flowing game today, making a lot of combo shots, and hitting trapped ball behind the instruments repeatedly, amongst all the other craziness on the playfield.
I finally broke my 200M threshold, with a 423M score. There was so much going on, for such a long duration, started pondering “can this machine take the abuse all at once?
Again, not to flaunt any huge score, just my personal best on my machine. More than doubled previous scores. Wanted to share with those that understand the excitement
Side note: I’ve been using YYZ for initials, since roughly 1992. Fitting to have it now on this game.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I see your problem. You're not playing enough!! Scores will improve

#10603 1 year ago

I just watched the 14 billion point game by Ray (Theguyoverthere ) and have a question about using the right flippers in combination. I noticed that you were able to hold balls on the lower right flipper while using the full motion of the upper right flipper. Is there a trick to doing this? Do you just half-press the right flipper button, or is there some other technique to accomplish this?

#10604 1 year ago
Quoted from Chazulli:

I just watched the 14 billion point game by Ray (Theguyoverthere ) and have a question about using the right flippers in combination. I noticed that you were able to hold balls on the lower right flipper while using the full motion of the upper right flipper. Is there a trick to doing this? Do you just half-press the right flipper button, or is there some other technique to accomplish this?

Yes, half way in or release halfway out. Upper flipper games have done this for 30 years or so.

#10605 1 year ago
Quoted from Chazulli:

Its called 'staging flippers' or 'staged' flipping.

The upper flipper switch is stacked with the lower flipper switch. When properly adjusted, you should be able to independently activate the upper flipper by releasing the flipper button a bit without releasing the lower flipper.

It may take adjusting the flipper switch blades to get that proper level of activation where the upper flipper will open and close with the smaller amounts of movement.

#10606 1 year ago
Quoted from Chazulli:

Just a technique to half to full to half press to keep the lower flipper engaged while moving only the upper flipper. This can be too difficult if your flipper button blades are not evenly spaced, so if you're having trouble, you can adjust the blades on the right flipper switch until it becomes easier to do. Still, even with proper adjustment it takes a lot of practice to do it well.

#10607 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Have to share, for those of us in the “Under 1B Score Club”, had a great flowing game today, making a lot of combo shots, and hitting trapped ball behind the instruments repeatedly, amongst all the other craziness on the playfield.
I finally broke my 200M threshold, with a 423M score. There was so much going on, for such a long duration, started pondering “can this machine take the abuse all at once?
Again, not to flaunt any huge score, just my personal best on my machine. More than doubled previous scores. Wanted to share with those that understand the excitement
Side note: I’ve been using YYZ for initials, since roughly 1992. Fitting to have it now on this game.

Congrats, my house is in the same echelon-ish. You've got to break 300M to get onto the leaderboard, but I have plenty of games I just quit on ball 2 because I won't be making it above 15M.

#10608 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I see your problem. You're not playing enough!! Scores will improve

lol, very true. I only get a chance every couple of weeks, to put on 3-5 games(10 if they’re horrible quick games), but it’s coming along. The rest are kids/wife playing. Even as much as my wife doesn’t like Rush(Geddy’s voice), she loves the game.

#10609 1 year ago
Quoted from lospugs:

Congrats, my house is in the same echelon-ish. You've got to break 300M to get onto the leaderboard, but I have plenty of games I just quit on ball 2 because I won't be making it above 15M.

Had plenty of games that way, then ball 3 becomes a miracle game. Play ‘til the end my friend.

#10610 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Still, even with proper adjustment it takes a lot of practice to do it well.

Flipper staging and making an accurate upper flipper shot to one of the 3 upper shots on Rush is not human. Ray must have some alien DNA.

#10611 1 year ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

Wow, what are the odds? My tutorial covering this very topic finally finished processing!

This helped fill in the gaps for me. Thanks Ray!

#10612 1 year ago

Am I the only one who (up until now) never noticed that in addition to the mode-specific completed-goal information, there is in fact a linear progress bar, right at the top of the song mode pane on the display?

I don't recall seeing any mention of this in release notes, but I'm still on 0.98 and I have the progress bar, so it's been there at least a couple of months, probably longer.

Back in July, it seems like it wasn't there. Some folks here even commented on the lack, e.g. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/149#post-6993840 and https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/149#post-6993410. That second one even has a "screen shot" and I'm pretty sure it shows that there was no progress bar when that photo was taken.

#10613 1 year ago

I'm pretty stoked about the topper teaser in the Roll The Bones Mystery list. I wonder how long we have to wait...

#10614 1 year ago

I don’t have the instructions handy. Can someone confirm for me that on the v3 scoop protector if the black spacers are on top of or under the scoop’s metal bracket?

Thx

#10615 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I don’t have the instructions handy. Can someone confirm for me that on the v3 scoop protector if the black spacers are on top of or under the scoop’s metal bracket?
Thx

Not really sure what you're asking exactly. But...

Lots of photos online you could look at. Including https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/118#post-6916215, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/119#post-6917663, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/119#post-6917767, and of course the Stern service bulletin (https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Stern-RushScoopAdvisory.pdf).

#10616 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Thx

Mine were on top. From the top down on my machine it was assembled:
Plastic -> Spacer -> Scoop

If I'm understanding what you're asking.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10617 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_d:

Am I the only one who (up until now) never noticed that in addition to the mode-specific completed-goal information, there is in fact a linear progress bar, right at the top of the song mode pane on the display?

Nice, thanks for pointing this out, I hadn't noticed this either!

#10618 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Thx

On top.

#10619 1 year ago
Quoted from lospugs:

Mine were on top. From the top down on my machine it was assembled:
Plastic -> Spacer -> Scoop
If I'm understanding what you're asking.

Thx thats what i found fit well.

I had pulled it apart to trim the pop bumper ring but had already forgotten they were there so when pulled it apart I didn’t get a look before they were rolling around

Finally dealt with the pop ring. The more games it had, the extra wear was allowing it to actually get bound up by the scoop.

So cutting wheel engaged!
C937A617-404F-46A5-8E27-1EDA3FF7C489 (resized).jpegC937A617-404F-46A5-8E27-1EDA3FF7C489 (resized).jpeg

#10620 1 year ago

You can’t see them as they are under the plastic. It’s covered in the install sheet for the scoop but stern doesn’t post those online. :/

I had dropped them in disassembly without looking for them before they fell out

Would be a good manual update topic…

#10621 1 year ago

Just was Wondering what you guys have you left and Right Flippers set at For Power Level..i know it was poster here before

Thanks

#10622 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

Just was Wondering what you guys have you left and Right Flippers set at For Power Level..i know it was poster here before
Thanks

I'm at stock

#10623 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

Thanks

Stock power should be perfectly fine. This is how the game designer intended the game to be played.

#10624 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

Thanks

Without going and looking, think I set my bottom two at 185-190, and upper right to 175-180. Pretty sure I had a 10 point difference between upper and lower. It plays smooth, and I don’t experience the reject shots others have mentioned previously. A bad shot is a bad shot, the kind you already know won’t make it, as soon as you flip.

#10625 1 year ago

I only remember hearing it once, but I swear Geddy says in a Challenge mode, "Select a planet, and no you cant choose Tatooine."

#10626 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Stock power should be perfectly fine. This is how the game designer intended the game to be played.

i st mine at 190 at stock the ball is flying all over jumping on stuff the other night the ball hit the Glass so hartd thought it was going to break.. Stock is too High for me...

#10627 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

I only remember hearing it once, but I swear Geddy says in a Challenge mode, "Select a planet, and no you cant choose Tatooine."

Yep, that one slayed me. I wish it was Trek not "Wars," but still as funny.

#10628 1 year ago
Quoted from Fuzzdaddy:

I'm pretty stoked about the topper teaser in the Roll The Bones Mystery list. I wonder how long we have to wait...

If the expression lights are an indicator, then prolly a year or two.

#10629 1 year ago

Wow, what are the odds? My tutorial covering this very topic finally finished processing!

Second video in the series has now fully finished processing (great for watching on a 4k TV!)

#10630 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

Probably my favorite Rush speech call to date is Geddy Lee imitating Cartman imitating Geddy -- "I'm Geddy Lee, an' I'll sing what I want!" (or is it "...whatever lyrics I want"?)

#10631 1 year ago

Second video in the series has now fully finished processing (great for watching on a 4k TV!)

These are so awesome! Thank you!!!!!

#10632 1 year ago

Trying to decide between orange or blue plastic protectors, any pics?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10633 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Skip them. You will be able to get a full set of plastics easily for a while. I'm at well a over 500 games and have yet to see a ball strike a plastic to the point that worried me.

#10634 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

i have the orange i think the look is much better the not having the protectors

4da0eeaa285107bf254065b22efdedf39af443fe (resized).jpg4da0eeaa285107bf254065b22efdedf39af443fe (resized).jpg
#10635 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

[quoted image]

Yeah those look tight!

#10636 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

[quoted image]

I have to agree that orange looks amazing.

#10637 1 year ago

Anyone know of a resource for clear plastic protectors? Thanks!

#10638 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Anyone know of a resource for clear plastic protectors? Thanks!

Gameroom Mods, check under market place for Rush items.

To include options for a few posts above, I went with the red protectors.

0CE39604-3304-4C33-9479-3F2CE6A2980A (resized).jpeg0CE39604-3304-4C33-9479-3F2CE6A2980A (resized).jpeg4C1ABD0C-85F1-444D-9C8C-95B7CBC38E21 (resized).jpeg4C1ABD0C-85F1-444D-9C8C-95B7CBC38E21 (resized).jpeg4D5B3EB5-E349-4FE4-A9EA-62916E243502 (resized).jpeg4D5B3EB5-E349-4FE4-A9EA-62916E243502 (resized).jpeg9D42FAC9-8DE9-4C50-8E8D-BC42FA345534 (resized).jpeg9D42FAC9-8DE9-4C50-8E8D-BC42FA345534 (resized).jpeg
#10639 1 year ago

I have a Cricut at home and I was looking at these acrylic protectors. They cost like $12. I have protectors on my GOTG and I love them. I am going to see what it looks like when I cut my own. Will get back over Thanksgiving.

~Chase

#10640 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I have a Cricut at home and I was looking at these acrylic protectors. They cost like $12. I have protectors on my GOTG and I love them. I am going to see what it looks like when I cut my own. Will get back over Thanksgiving.
~Chase

I think that you would want to use PETG rather than acrylic. acrylic is brittle and will break/shatter from repeated hits rather quickly.

#10641 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

The only plastic protector I use for any game:

https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html

And they fit all games. They also don't turn the plastics colors they are not supposed to be

#10642 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

The only plastic protector I use for any game:
https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html
And they fit all games. They also don't turn the plastics colors they are not supposed to be

I believe the original poster was looking for clear protectors for the slings and outlane art. It was mentioned that Gameroom Mods has them. They recently added clear after I DM'ed them asking for a non-colored option. The clear set is cheaper as well. They can be found here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/06577-stern-rush-fluorescent-protectors

The other benefit of installing them is to be able to remove the large metal washers which stand out under the sling art.

#10643 1 year ago

Appreciate the help and responses - thanks all!

#10644 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I think that you would want to use PETG rather than acrylic. acrylic is brittle and will break/shatter from repeated hits rather quickly.

Sweet, Thanks for the heads up.

#10645 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

~Chase

I don't think you can cut thick enough acrylic on a Cricut. It would only be the flimsy .007 or .020 acrylic. And yes, PETG is the better choice as acrylic is too brittle. Cutting protectors on something like a glowforge would work better, but that's a $3k buy-in.

#10646 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't think you can cut thick enough acrylic on a Cricut. It would only be the flimsy .007 or .020 acrylic. And yes, PETG is the better choice as acrylic is too brittle. Cutting protectors on something like a glowforge would work better, but that's a $3k buy-in.

Or you can just hire it out. There are lots of mail-order services (e.g. Xometry), and many people have local services available, either at their library, maker spaces, or laser-cutting businesses.

Existing products seem reasonably priced to me, but for those who still prefer DIY for whatever reason, those options do exist even if you don't already have the hardware.

#10647 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_d:

Or you can just hire it out. There are lots of mail-order services (e.g. Xometry), and many people have local services available, either at their library, maker spaces, or laser-cutting businesses.
Existing products seem reasonably priced to me, but for those who still prefer DIY for whatever reason, those options do exist even if you don't already have the hardware.

Hiring it out to a service kind of defeats the purpose of DIYing it to save money.

#10648 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hiring it out to a service kind of defeats the purpose of DIYing it to save money.

That depends on the service. For example, I designed a fix for the Rush inner loop, it's cheaper to get it printed from Xometry or Shapeways than to buy the alternative design offered by sellers here.

Alternatively, some of the "services" are non-profit entities, like libraries, or offer DIY access cheaper than a service would, like many maker spaces do.

Or maybe you just prefer using a material that's slightly different from the retail offerings, or you'd like a slightly different profile, and so saving money isn't even the point.

My point is (i.e. your statement that I disputed) you don't need to buy a laser cutter to have access to one, and there are plenty of scenarios where going that route is preferable to just buying the part. I get that DIY threatens your business model (generally...not sure if you sell this kind of thing specifically), but let's not contrive false narratives. If someone wants to cut their own protectors, just let them.

#10649 1 year ago

Anybody else make the time machine shot with the upper flipper? I was surprised when I did it today! It was not intentional though.

#10650 1 year ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Anybody else make the time machine shot with the upper flipper? I was surprised when I did it today!

haha - yep - plenty of options with that flipper - super jackpot ramp and Orbit along with The occasional VUK and Time machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/213 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.