IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 358.
#951 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Got the call today 2sday 2/22/22 arrived at Pinball Pirate at 2:22 picked up my machine it has like 5 2s in the serial.
This game is a BLAST.

Congrats!!! They are delivering so I have to wait until next week. Envious!!

#952 2 years ago
FE1F7F03-ACFA-4654-97B0-9B377F4344B0 (resized).jpegFE1F7F03-ACFA-4654-97B0-9B377F4344B0 (resized).jpeg
#953 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

Congrats!!! They are delivering so I have to wait until next week. Envious!!

Dude ,I saw your machine its safe.

#954 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackwolf:

So I started getting my LE set up and had to stop. I am a pinball owner newbie (this is my second home pinball) and the very last leg bolt has decided to throw me for a loop.
I was able to get the bolt out but I cannot get this one bolt back in. It keeps spinning and spinning. If I use some force, I can get it to go this far in without coming right out. The bolt was secured just fine when I took it out. I'm guessing that it got stripped on the inside?
Unfortunately I don't have much experience doing projects that use bolts so I don't have the inherent tool/shop knowledge to know what I should be searching for or what I should get or do to fix this without damaging anything...
Any tips on what search terms to go for so I can research on my own?
[quoted image]

Yes, ran into the same issue on Sunday when I got mine. The inside plates were installed badly and shifted when I pulled the leg bolts out.

What I did was prop up the rear of the machine at a height where, if the legs were on they wouldn't touch the floor.

Next, you've got to go ahead and bolt the head into place, remove the glass and pull the playfield forward.

On mine, the inside plates were screwed in badly, so I had to completely unmount them. I used a 1/4 socket instead of a screwdriver. They're slotted but much easier with a socket. I think there was also some glue involved so I literally had to pry them loose at that point with a screwdriver.

After that, I bolted the legs on with the plates unattached. Finally, I screwed the mounting plates back into place.

It took me about an hour to get it all done, but it seemed to be the best method to go about this.

#955 2 years ago

Just got informed my LE has shipped and is stalled in ill cause of weather.

#956 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

#88 in the house

Great who did you get it from.

#957 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Yes, ran into the same issue on Sunday when I got mine. The inside plates were installed badly and shifted when I pulled the leg bolts out.
What I did was prop up the rear of the machine at a height where, if the legs were on they wouldn't touch the floor.
Next, you've got to go ahead and bolt the head into place, remove the glass and pull the playfield forward.
On mine, the inside plates were screwed in badly, so I had to completely unmount them. I used a 1/4 socket instead of a screwdriver. They're slotted but much easier with a socket. I think there was also some glue involved so I literally had to pry them loose at that point with a screwdriver.
After that, I bolted the legs on with the plates unattached. Finally, I screwed the mounting plates back into place.
It took me about an hour to get it all done, but it seemed to be the best method to go about this.

After dinner we're gonna try that. Thank you for specifying which socket to use so we didn't have to do trial and error. Will report back.

Big thanks to everyone for the support and advice. It had to be the last bolt on the last leg, didn't it? (I've been playing around with the bottom hole without the leg even in nor the top bolt in and can't get it to screw in so we'll deal with the plate.)

#958 2 years ago

got the message from fedex. LE will be here next week(while im away for work). So will need to be later in the week. either way excited

#959 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

How many still waiting on their distributor to get LE shipping update from Stern? Mine says he hasn't heard from Stern yet.

Still waiting, hoping to hear when shipping by end of the week.

#960 2 years ago

Starting to get more comfortable with the rules and collecting albums to earn weapons. La Villa Strangiato is such an awesome song, but I hate that mode with a passion. First two shots are on the right ramp which continues to be the most difficult shot in the game for me. Had it stacked w/ Far Cry multiball, used two add a balls, and when I drained down to one ball that right ramp was still blinking purple cause I hadn’t hit it once.

My high score after about a dozen plays

06623830-4A2F-4AF8-B821-2E34A35E81F2 (resized).jpeg06623830-4A2F-4AF8-B821-2E34A35E81F2 (resized).jpeg
#961 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackwolf:

After dinner we're gonna try that. Thank you for specifying which socket to use so we didn't have to do trial and error. Will report back.
Big thanks to everyone for the support and advice. It had to be the last bolt on the last leg, didn't it? (I've been playing around with the bottom hole without the leg even in nor the top bolt in and can't get it to screw in so we'll deal with the plate.)

...I'm pretty sure it was 1/4

#962 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Starting to get more comfortable with the rules and collecting albums to earn weapons. La Villa Strangiato is such an awesome song, but I hate that mode with a passion. First two shots are on the right ramp which continues to be the most difficult shot in the game for me. Had it stacked w/ Far Cry multiball, used two add a balls, and when I drained down to one ball that right ramp was still blinking purple cause I hadn’t hit it once.
My high score after about a dozen plays
[quoted image]

I agree with the right ramp .I’m on .87 and can’t find a usb stick .Game has been crashing every few games .I did get the leveling and pitch where I feel it’s shooting real well .This pin is crazy fun to shoot I couldn’t be happier with the purchase .I feel real good about where this pin is heading .

#963 2 years ago

Soooooo…I gotta ask because I haven’t followed any other release threads as closely as this one. From a rough tally Of the 5 or so LEs delivered to the good folk that are posting on here we have:
Two machines with mis-mounted legs,
a spinner falling off,
multiple reports of regular crashing.
And this aside from the scoop related issues.
Given the sample number, these seem like statistically significant occurrences.

Is every Stern release this riddled with issues? This LE will be my first NIB and I’ll admit, the reports so far are damaging my calm.

#964 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I agree with the right ramp .I’m on .87 and can’t find a usb stick .Game has been crashing every few games .I did get the leveling and pitch where I feel it’s shooting real well .This pin is crazy fun to shoot I couldn’t be happier with the purchase .I feel real good about where this pin is heading .

You can also image a SD card with the new version and just put that in the machine. Bypasses USB entirely and you have a better SD card than the crappy one Stern supplies in the machine.

https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

#965 2 years ago
Quoted from Craiger:

Soooooo…I gotta ask because I haven’t followed any other release threads as closely as this one. From a rough tally Of the 5 or so LEs delivered to the good folk that are posting on here we have:
a spinner falling off,
Is every Stern release this riddled with issues? This LE will be my first NIB and I’ll admit, the reports so far are damaging my calm.

Mismounted leg plates is a new one, but with Stern, it's always something, so maybe that's just this run's "issue." Still with only two reports, hard to get too down on it yet.

Spinner falling off is an easy fix and falls in the "shit happens" category.

Code crashes are not uncommon in early versions of code. They suck, and some games have more than others in early code, but they usually all get fixed as the causes are identified over time.

Scoop/protector issues are atrocious and inexcusable since it isn't the first time Stern has done a scoop this narrow. I'm also concerned about the apparent minimal clear and art adhesion issues that let the scoops chip badly almost immediately without a protector.

But this is the Stern experience. Ya pays yer money and ya take yer chances.

#966 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can also image a SD card with the new version and just put that in the machine. Bypasses USB entirely and you have a better SD card than the crappy one Stern supplies in the machine.

Oh so all one has to do is reimage an SD card with an image form that link and presto, you're on the latest version? How did I not know that all this time lol. I've been using the Insider Connected updating lately but it's just too darned slow, I'll try the SD card method next time on a fresh sd card.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#967 2 years ago
Quoted from Craiger:

a spinner falling off,

Mando had issues with encounter ramp breaking (Cliffy to the rescue) as well as diverter welds breaking. You just take the issues as they come. If the manufacturer doesn’t address them the community will.

#968 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

Great who did you get it from.

Pinball Pirate in Benecia

#969 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Dude ,I saw your machine its safe.

I hope mine was too! Congrats. Simply can not wait.

#970 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Oh so all one has to do is reimage an SD card with an image form that link and presto, you're on the latest version? How did I not know that all this time lol. I've been using the Insider Connected updating lately but it's just too darned slow, I'll try the SD card method next time on a fresh sd card.

Yeah, it bypasses all the USB/Wifi nonsense, plus the first time you gift yourself a better SD card in the process. I buy lots of them when they go on sale at Best Buy (and only best buy - too many counterfeits at Amazon/Ebay) for this very reason.

Plus if you download using a download manager on your PC, it can make multiple connections and download the update much faster than wifi updates, and you don't have to start over if there's a broken connection or frozen download, it picks up right where it left off.

#971 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

[quoted image]

Nice photo from Pinball Pirate parking lot!

#972 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

I hope mine was too! Congrats. Simply can not wait.

You buy from same place too ?they said they all looked like no damages on boxes anyway.

#973 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m sure I’m in the minority, but I like the plainness of the speaker panel for most Sterns. It gives your eyes a rest from the artwork on the translite and playfield.

I’m with ya. Too much

#974 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

You buy from same place too ?they said they all looked like no damages on boxes anyway.

Yep I sure did! Glad to hear they looked good. Any idea how many total were allocated? Trying to figure when delivery might be.

#975 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Yep I sure did! Glad to hear they looked good. Any idea how many total were allocated? Trying to figure when delivery might be.

8 I believe

#976 2 years ago

Got our LE into the basement and running. A few things to note:

1. Sound was awful. Went into the utilities and switched the backbox speaker ohms from 8 to 4 as alluded to by a previous poster. Played with the equalizers for both backbox and cab speakers
2. Glass rattle is as bad as my rick and morty was. Time for some felt tape
3. Inner orbit shot switch doesn't register a lot. Really fast shots seem to be the culprit, switch registers in test but has to be depressed fully. Looks like I need to adjust the switch or tweak the wire shape on the switch
4. Wifi setup...I couldn't enter my wifi password due to needing a character I couldn't enter. Either they don't support many symbols with their keyboard, getting to it is very oblique or I was being dumb.

#977 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

2. Glass rattle is as bad as my rick and morty was. Time for some felt tape
3. Inner orbit shot switch doesn't register a lot. Really fast shots seem to be the culprit, switch registers in test but has to be depressed fully. Looks like I need to adjust the switch or tweak the wire shape on the switch

2. Is it the shaker motor rattling? Mine is more pronounced than the Pinball Life ones I usually buy. Need to rotate the weights a quarter turn and see if that fixes it.
3. Same problem on mine. Might go with an MRS since I’ve heard others having the same issue.

#978 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

...I'm pretty sure it was 1/4

It was 1/4.

We got the plate off and determined that the threading was bad - we tried to put the bolt in and it wouldn't go in - so we assume the machining process had an issue when they made that part. Luckily, after a few tries with the plate out, the bolt went in more reliably, so we worked out whatever was needed. So, we attached the leg and put the bolts in and then screwed in the plate...

...and one of the heads of the six screws came off. The screw is in and it's pretty darn tight, but I guess someone in the future (hopefully not me) will have lots of fun soldering a new head to that screw to take it out if they want to replace that part!

I will be installing the Pinwoofer kit I have for it tomorrow night...I'm now used to how my Mando sounds with Pinwoofer and it is VERY noticeable.

In terms of the game board, I have had two balls get stuck at the top of the playfield. One on the upper ramp and one underneath it in the orbit. The one on the upper ramp stopped right behind the time machine, and I couldn't even nudge it loose, even after tilting. Had to take the glass down to push it down. It just didn't have that much velocity and it just stopped.

The one that got stuck in the back orbit was able to be gently nudged without triggering a warning.

There was someone else here saying that their upper scoop kickout went to the right flipper and then right back into the scoop, and then back to the right flipper, and then to the scoop - yes, that happens on mine as well.

The shooter rod doesn't seem to have as much power as what I'm used to, so it's kind of weird to me. It might be normal, though, I don't have much of a frame of reference. There was a couple of times the ball would jump up to a platform that I don't think it's supposed to be on, and then come down. Also, there was a wonderful sequence where I would keep draining immediately after plunge, or using the button - I'd drain, and then the hoot again would send the ball directly to the right exit. Repeat on the second ball.

My wife played once, triggered two multiballs, got 48mil, and left. I played about 20 times and yes, I did beat her score once, but every other time has been in the 3-5mil range. Hopefully the Pinwoofer will help (I got my highest score ever on Mando right after I installed the Pinwoofer. Coincidence?)

THANKS AGAIN to those of you who offered advice and/or comfort during setup!

2022-02-23 01.25.55 (resized).jpg2022-02-23 01.25.55 (resized).jpg
#979 2 years ago

Why not use Wi-Fi to update your game?

Quoted from Kkoss24:

#980 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

How many still waiting on their distributor to get LE shipping update from Stern? Mine says he hasn't heard from Stern yet.

I haven’t heard anything yet.

#981 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

LE has been shipped!
What's the consensus on this one before playing? Replace balls, have to do anything with the scoop, adjusting any settings, etc?
Stoked!

Anyone have any opinions, or care to share what/if they did anything?

#982 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackwolf:

Thanks for the quick responses. I just found that post so I'll open it up and take a look inside before removing the stool it's sitting on.
Kinda bummed because I wanted to push it into the arcade room and do the opening that way but I'll survive

I have had this on both my NIB Sterns. Couple tips-open it up and slide playfield back. You don’t have to remove it, just slide it back and you can access the plates from inside the cab. Then thread the bolt in from the back. This should chase the threads if there is an issue there. Next, loosen the screws holding the plate so you can tweak the alignment. It’s usually the wood on the cab that gets in the way of a clean threading I have found….so re-aligning the plate usually solves the issue.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#983 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackwolf:

It was 1/4.
We got the plate off and determined that the threading was bad - we tried to put the bolt in and it wouldn't go in - so we assume the machining process had an issue when they made that part. Luckily, after a few tries with the plate out, the bolt went in more reliably, so we worked out whatever was needed. So, we attached the leg and put the bolts in and then screwed in the plate...
...and one of the heads of the six screws came off. The screw is in and it's pretty darn tight, but I guess someone in the future (hopefully not me) will have lots of fun soldering a new head to that screw to take it out if they want to replace that part!
I will be installing the Pinwoofer kit I have for it tomorrow night...I'm now used to how my Mando sounds with Pinwoofer and it is VERY noticeable.
In terms of the game board, I have had two balls get stuck at the top of the playfield. One on the upper ramp and one underneath it in the orbit. The one on the upper ramp stopped right behind the time machine, and I couldn't even nudge it loose, even after tilting. Had to take the glass down to push it down. It just didn't have that much velocity and it just stopped.
The one that got stuck in the back orbit was able to be gently nudged without triggering a warning.
There was someone else here saying that their upper scoop kickout went to the right flipper and then right back into the scoop, and then back to the right flipper, and then to the scoop - yes, that happens on mine as well.
The shooter rod doesn't seem to have as much power as what I'm used to, so it's kind of weird to me. It might be normal, though, I don't have much of a frame of reference. There was a couple of times the ball would jump up to a platform that I don't think it's supposed to be on, and then come down. Also, there was a wonderful sequence where I would keep draining immediately after plunge, or using the button - I'd drain, and then the hoot again would send the ball directly to the right exit. Repeat on the second ball.
My wife played once, triggered two multiballs, got 48mil, and left. I played about 20 times and yes, I did beat her score once, but every other time has been in the 3-5mil range. Hopefully the Pinwoofer will help (I got my highest score ever on Mando right after I installed the Pinwoofer. Coincidence?)
THANKS AGAIN to those of you who offered advice and/or comfort during setup!
[quoted image]

First thing you should do is lower you level trough eject power so it doesn’t damage shooter lane, lower the auto plunge power so the ball doesn’t rocket to the back right corner and off the playfield and mess with the scoop heft power so you don’t have the repetitive scoop eject, flipper, scoop cycle.

All accessible from service menu

#984 2 years ago

2. Is it the shaker motor rattling? Mine is more pronounced than the Pinball Life ones I usually buy. Need to rotate the weights a quarter turn and see if that fixes it.
3. Same problem on mine. Might go with an MRS since I’ve heard others having the same issue.

I actually have the shaker turned off, not a fan of them. When I tuned the audio to actually give me bass it rattles the glass. I prefer bass to the shaker. (Shakers also make the playfield look blurry on streams.

I put MRS switches on Rick and morty for this same issue

#985 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks.Have not done it any other way but the stick .My kid found it last night but I’m curious about the SD card .Will read up on it .

#986 2 years ago

Received my LE on Sunday. Amazing game. I haven't had any issues with the machine itself. There seem to be a couple issues with the code, which I believe is expected and I'm sure will be resolved with the updates. There are times when one ball is in the upper scoop, a second ball is launched and lost, and the machine has to cycle through a ball search to get the locked ball to eject. I think it is an absolutely fantastic pin! Borg hit a home run with this one.

Rush LE 35 (resized).jpgRush LE 35 (resized).jpg
#987 2 years ago

Surprised no one else has mentioned this (may have missed it):

I was going thru my LE last night replacing the rubber rings with Clear Titans and noticed that the VUK hole at the upper left has zero beveling on the edges! Starting to wonder after the weird front mystery hole edge and now this if Stern doesn’t have any bits for their CNC machine to bevel edges anymore due to supply chain issues…..

Cliffy is going to be a busy man!!!

517AE73C-3674-42FA-990A-13DDF4E0A24A.jpeg517AE73C-3674-42FA-990A-13DDF4E0A24A.jpeg
#988 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I didn’t know you can update through the IC either .Actually I don’t know much of anything lmao .Thanks, even though you say it’s slow I want to try this one out first since this is where things are headed .

64226A71-4CAC-4E18-9FB9-5A34CBD6D1DE (resized).png64226A71-4CAC-4E18-9FB9-5A34CBD6D1DE (resized).png
#989 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackwolf:

The shooter rod may not be hitting the center of the ball. Loosen the screws around the plunger and make sure it is hitting the ball dead center.

#990 2 years ago

Received a text yesterday at 3:10 that my game had shipped. Unfortunately the tracking number has not updated since then. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve who just found out Christmas was pushed back three days...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#991 2 years ago

Maybe today…

DF6E81A4-2B24-442C-8B93-7226F659C128 (resized).jpegDF6E81A4-2B24-442C-8B93-7226F659C128 (resized).jpeg
#992 2 years ago

Anyone get word on their premium? Sounds like there are a few being made just after the LE's before the line switches over to something else, which should be imminent... Fingers crossed I get word soon!

#993 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Maybe today…
[quoted image]

If they didn't call for appointment, it likely won't happen. Ask me how I know. They just called and told me Monday. I said, "Great, when can I pick it up?". They are calling Stern now for approval. They must hate pinball guys. We are like kids on Christmas morning.

Edit: Haha...I just saw the post above about Christmas eve.....great minds think alike!

#994 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

I actually have the shaker turned off, not a fan of them.

I loved shaker motors at first but once I got accustomed to the vibrations my brain just doesn't notice the effect anymore.

#995 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

If they didn't call for appointment, it likely won't happen. Ask me how I know. They just called and told me Monday. I said, "Great, when can I pick it up?". They are calling Stern now for approval. They must hate pinball guys. We are like kids on Christmas morning.
Edit: Haha...I just saw the post above about Christmas eve.....great minds think alike!

Haha. Yeah this is going to the terminal. I always pick up myself at the terminal to save the extra cost of it coming to the house.

#996 2 years ago

Well last might I got my first games in and I couldnt be more pleased.
The only downs I have are that the sound is crap and I feel for the price it should have come powder coated.
TODAY IS PINWOOFER DAY.Having pinwoofer on most of my machines I know what to expect and I am very excited to hear/see the results again.About the shaker ,I love it .It came set on aggressive and I will leave it but you can turn it down in settings.When I was driving to pick it up I had a Rush like I was on speed (the Christmas Day effect)

#997 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

The only downs I have are that the sound is crap and I feel for the price it should have come powder coated.
TODAY IS PINWOOFER DAY.Having pinwoofer on most of my machines I know what to expect and I am very excited to hear/see the results again.About the shaker ,I love it .It came set on aggressive and I will leave it but you can turn it down in settings.When I was driving to pick it up I had a Rush like I was on speed (the Christmas Day effect)

Team Rush San Jose!!! Can't wait to get mine.

#998 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

The LE is powder coated - in flat black. Definitely not the normal rough finish on Stern Pro/Premiums.

Agree on the sound - it is garbage. Pinwoofer is too rich for my blood as you can DIY better for less (or similar for much less) but that is a conversation for another thread.

#999 2 years ago

The LE is powder coated - in flat black. Definitely not the normal rough finish on Stern Pro/Premiums.
Agree on the sound - it is garbage. Pinwoofer is too rich for my blood as you can DIY better for less (or similar for much less) but that is a conversation for another thread.

Flat Black Blah still looks great

#1000 2 years ago

In on a Pro, due for delivery in March, from MAD Pinball. Excellent experience in buying from this distro in the past. Highly recommended.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/20?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.