IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 358.
#9501 1 year ago
rush bond (resized).jpgrush bond (resized).jpg
#9502 1 year ago

Just noticed these blue bumpers are damaged. I’ve had the machine around 8 months 422 plays now so out of warranty with stern. Where can I find a pair of these and what are they called. Thanx.

8E023A1C-6A30-42A1-A854-32244E2757E9 (resized).jpeg8E023A1C-6A30-42A1-A854-32244E2757E9 (resized).jpeg
#9503 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Just noticed these blue bumpers are damaged. I’ve had the machine around 8 months 422 plays now so out of warranty with stern. Where can I find a pair of these and what are they called. Thanx.
[quoted image]

ask Stern they may send them,Ninja Mods Might have some.

#9504 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

[quoted image]

The black nubs Stern switched to seem to hold up better. 1400 plays on mine, and they'll are still holding up.

#9505 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

[quoted image]

I know pinball life sells these

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-bnod-blue-nubs-of-death.html

Hope that helps!

#9506 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

[quoted image]

Get the set from NinjaCamp, you’ll get them quicker. Make sure to have blue Loctite for the screws, after replacing the nubs.

They’re called ramp guards btw, since you asked.

#9507 1 year ago

Any word on expression lights yet? I know the LZ lights will work, but I want the right stuff. WTF Stern?

#9508 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

Any word on expression lights yet? I know the LZ lights will work, but I want the right stuff. WTF Stern?

They are in the same room with the toppers.

#9509 1 year ago

My theory (that likely isn't at all unique) is that Stern was able to source LE parts for Bond fairly easily, MINUS expression lighting. I'd bet they held back on RUSH expression lighting to ensure they could have loaded Bond LEs out the door ASAP. Once Bond LEs are done, I bet we see RUSH EL.

The immediately converse to this is "they knew 6-9 months ago they'd be making X Bond LEs - have they truly not been able to get more than X Node 2 boards in stock?" to which I would say - "good point".

All we know is that Stern likes making money, and they know how to do it - if they could sell RUSH EL kits right now and turn the profit one can assume they make from a couple LED strips, art, and a node 2 board, they absolutely would.

#9510 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

And my Starman side rails!!!

#9511 1 year ago

My birthday cake should fit this thread.

vhkn4lkrino91 (resized).jpgvhkn4lkrino91 (resized).jpg
#9512 1 year ago

I’m an official member now!

CCFA65CB-F3F6-4B15-8BA8-90FFC538D891 (resized).jpegCCFA65CB-F3F6-4B15-8BA8-90FFC538D891 (resized).jpeg
#9513 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

My theory (that likely isn't at all unique) is that Stern was able to source LE parts for Bond fairly easily, MINUS expression lighting. I'd bet they held back on RUSH expression lighting to ensure they could have loaded Bond LEs out the door ASAP. Once Bond LEs are done, I bet we see RUSH EL.
The immediately converse to this is "they knew 6-9 months ago they'd be making X Bond LEs - have they truly not been able to get more than X Node 2 boards in stock?" to which I would say - "good point".
All we know is that Stern likes making money, and they know how to do it - if they could sell RUSH EL kits right now and turn the profit one can assume they make from a couple LED strips, art, and a node 2 board, they absolutely would.

Bond LE has expression lighting? First I've heard of this. I don't think Godzilla LE has it, so why would Bond? I heard Stern was reserving expression lighting for music pins

#9514 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Unlock the door James

#9515 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Companies that truly like making money are skilled at operations (to fulfill the orders in the pipeline). You speak as if building these high-margin items isn't within their control, which is ludicrous. It is in their control! They just don't have an organization focused on meeting customer demand for these items.

That said, I would contend Stern doesn't like making money on accessories! I don't usually buy LE's, but bought Rush LE solely because I knew they wouldn't produce the EL kits in a timely fashion. I feel bad for all the Premium buyers that are waiting...bummer.

#9516 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I heard Stern was reserving expression lighting for music pins

That's news to me, but I'm certainly not an expert. That would certainly blow my theory out of the water immediately!

#9517 1 year ago

If Bond had expression lighting then it would have the hidden compartment going down the side of the cabinet like rush premium does

#9518 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

That's news to me, but I'm certainly not an expert. That would certainly blow my theory out of the water immediately!

Pretty darn sure Expression Light kits are only for select titles. I would be highly surprised if Bond had Expression Lights.

#9519 1 year ago

*UPDATE.
Fixed. Piece of the scoop protector was interfering with ball.

Need some advice.
Couldn’t find anything in the key posts.

I have adjusted and re-adjusted the side scoop,
But can’t seem to get it back to the way it came from factory: side scoop used to eject directly to the top/upper flipper.
Now, side scoop keeps ejecting low, below the flipper. I have adjusted the Power settings, doesn’t change trajectory.

I have turned it as much as possible while tightening the screws.

Am I missing something ?

*will try again tomorrow.
Perhaps a fresh look will get me better results lol

#9520 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Need some advice.
But can’t seem to get it back to the way it came from factory. Where side scoop ejects would go directly to the top/upper flipper.
Now, they keep ejecting low, not even close to the flipper. I have adjusted the Power settings, doesn’t change trajectory.
Am I missing something ?

What power setting number are you set to now? I had a standoff come loose so I opened it up and tightened it, but required I upped the trajectory a bunch to get it to bounce off the flipper reliably again.

#9521 1 year ago

Currently set it back to factory 175.
Tried as low as 155 and went as high 207

Didn’t seem to change it much.
Same trajectory but a bit quicker.

what is yours set at ?

#9522 1 year ago
Quoted from lospugs:

What power setting number are you set to now? I had a standoff come loose so I opened it up and tightened it, but required I upped the trajectory a bunch to get it to bounce off the flipper reliably again.

Quoted from Apollo18:

I've had to do a lot of fiddling with inconsistent side scoop ejects. I've had to adjust the eject power several times to get reasonably safe ejects.

I thought maybe I had a bad coil stop, which would explain the inconsistent ejects, except when I looked I found out the coil doesn't actually have a stop. It's some special one that doesn't use a stop. So there's not a lot to adjust coilwise anyway.

#9523 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Need some advice.
But can’t seem to get it back to the way it came from factory: side scoop used to eject directly to the top/upper flipper.
Now, side scoop keeps ejecting low, below the flipper. I have adjusted the Power settings, doesn’t change trajectory.
Am I missing something ?

What are you using for a scoop protector, Stern’s version or NinjaCamp’s? Is something catching the ball as it pops out of the hole?

#9524 1 year ago

Ninja camp. Yup. It was. Thank you.
Much appreciated.

Quoted from SterlingRush:

What are you using for a scoop protector, Stern’s version or NinjaCamp’s? Is something catching the ball as it pops out of the hole?

#9525 1 year ago

I need some help. My right flipper has started sticking after about 2000 plays. Went to order new coil stops and sleeves before i start taking it apart and saw conflicting part numbers/sizes on the coils sleeves. Also any recommendations on best quality. I was looking at Pinball life and Marco Everything Pinball.

#9526 1 year ago
Quoted from kmad:

I need some help. My right flipper has started sticking after about 2000 plays. Went to order new coil stops and sleeves before i start taking it apart and saw conflicting part numbers/sizes on the coils sleeves. Also any recommendations on best quality. I was looking at Pinball life and Marco Everything Pinball.

I've ordered coil stops from both PBL and Marco and never noticed a difference in quality. PBL is typically a bit less expensive IIRC.

#9527 1 year ago

I used PBL. Get the 2 hole model

#9528 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've ordered coil stops from both PBL and Marco and never noticed a difference in quality. PBL is typically a bit less expensive IIRC.

Thanks. Do you know what size the color sleeves are for Rush?

#9529 1 year ago

I just joined the club with a pro. My machine came with the following uninstalled: 3 piece Stern scoop kit, Mantis scoop protector. I’ve always been a Cliffy man…what’s the consensus for the best options with everything that’s out there?

#9530 1 year ago
Quoted from kmad:

Page 44 of the manual, breakdown of flipper parts. Got my backups from Pinball Life.

#9531 1 year ago
Quoted from Gabpower:

My birthday cake should fit this thread.[quoted image]

That cake is awesome!!

Who made that?

#9532 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Ninja camp. Yup. It was. Thank you.
Much appreciated.

I love easy fixes

#9533 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just joined the club with a pro. My machine came with the following uninstalled: 3 piece Stern scoop kit, Mantis scoop protector. I’ve always been a Cliffy man…what’s the consensus for the best play out of everything that’s out there?

Go with the double ninja scoop protector, I must be close to 500 plays and it's still perfect and works as it was first designed with the scoops open...works great

#9534 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just joined the club with a pro. My machine came with the following uninstalled: 3 piece Stern scoop kit, Mantis scoop protector. I’ve always been a Cliffy man…what’s the consensus for the best play out of everything that’s out there?

I installed cliffys and per usual for him they have been awesome

#9535 1 year ago

My Rush Pro didn’t have a goody bag. Did stern stop giving extra plastics?

#9536 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Yes, no extra nuggets. Manual, quick reference chart, flyer, QR Code. That’s it.

#9537 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Did not get one with the LE either

#9538 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

No one got one. I suspect they have been phased out. If Bond doesn't have you will know!

#9539 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Didn’t seem to change it much.
Same trajectory but a bit quicker.
what is yours set at ?

I bumped mine to 190 to get rid of the inconsistencies I was seeing with the stock scoop protector etc.

I will say that I saw drastic differences between the numbers, so if you're not seeing a difference I think you have something else mechanically altering the shot out of the scoop.

#9540 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

I’m an official member now!
[quoted image]

Congrats! Did you buy it in Toledo Saturday?

#9541 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Welcome and congrats. I installed the Stern kit and it's holding up well. Lots like the "open" scoop of Nina Camp.

#9542 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Welcome and congrats. I installed the Stern kit and it's holding up well. Lots like the "open" scoop of Nina Camp.

Thank you. I'm planning on installing the Mantis underneath and the Ninja Scoop up top. I've heard a few people wanting to try to see if they can make it work but I haven't heard back from anyone. Anyone out there that have both the Mantis and Ninja scoop installed?

#9543 1 year ago

What can this strange device be that I've found, when I touch it, it gives forth NO sound...

While examining the bottom of Rush, I found these. The little screw looks like the ones holding the ramp bumpers on, but all four are already there. The other thing "seems" like an LED on one side, but has 6 solder pads on the other side???? (Next to a "Magic Dime " for size comparison.) Any ideas what/ where these are???? Thank you!

20220919_115117 (resized).jpg20220919_115117 (resized).jpg20220919_115145 (resized).jpg20220919_115145 (resized).jpg
#9544 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

What can this strange device be that I've found, when I touch it, it gives forth NO sound...
While examining the bottom of Rush, I found these. The little screw looks like the ones holding the ramp bumpers on, but all four are already there. The other thing "seems" like an LED on one side, but has 6 solder pads on the other side???? (Next to a "Magic Dime " for size comparison.) Any ideas what/ where these are???? Thank you!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh boy, apparently the ramp also has two of these screws holding in each side. Found the spot under the opto on the left side. Guess removing the ramp is in my future. Any thoughts on the "strange device" would be appreciated.

#9545 1 year ago

I looked through the 'key posts' and didn't see any instructions on this. Is there any kind of guide to removing the giant plastic ramp that runs around 75% of the game. I don't have anything specific broken, but it would be nice to know for the future, for playfield cleaning, etc.

I've only been in the hobby a year. I've had a GNR LE for about a year and I've gotten pretty good at disassembling it all, but I'd also like to know the steps to properly/safely take apart the ramps on Rush if the need comes up.

#9546 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

I don’t think that component is an LED. It looks like a SMD coil. I bet it fell off or was knocked off one of the node boards under the playfield. Pretty odd that it would just fall off without some physical “persuasion”.

#9547 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I don’t think that component is an LED. It looks like a SMD coil. I bet it fell off or was knocked off one of the node boards under the playfield. Pretty odd that it would just fall off without some physical “persuasion”.

I didn't persuade it. I did play pinball. Found it in front of the bass speaker if I recall

#9548 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

I didn't persuade it. I did play pinball. Found it in front of the bass speaker if I recall

I would have a look at your Node Boards to see if you can find one with a missing component that size. If you do, take a picture and send to Stern to see if the will send you a replacement board.

#9549 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

I had a screw that looked exactly like that fall out of the entrance to the time machine ramp.

#9550 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I'm still so bitter - I was ONE SHOT away from that mode once and as soon as it was announced, the ball drained and I didn't even get to attempt to make it.
I had a great game yesterday too - nowhere near a Billion (just under 600M), but this is a great score for me - how does it compare to others though?[quoted image]

Quoted from Animal:

600m is a great score. Anytime I'm over 300m I'm happy and know I had a great game. And last night my first game on the machine ended with a 30m score. You have to hit the combos, get through the song modes and, for me, get lucky!
As Tom Petty put it, "even the losers get lucky sometimes." Lol

I totally agree! Anything over 300 million is a great game for me. Heck, anything over 100 million is a good game. I still have WAY more 30 million games than I do 300 million games.

I personally continue to improve playing this game and it continues to be more and more fun and satisfying to play. I don't know any other games that flow as well as this one does (but I would be interested for suggestions). The only modes I don't love in this game are Tom Sawyer and La Villa Strangiato because those modes require very specific shots and thus are way less flow-y. Every other mode give you lots of shots and lots of options most of the time.

I own a Premium version but got the chance to play an LE version on location over the weekend. First thought--the expression lighting is awesome and I'm really having a hard time waiting for Stern to release it for Rush. It's going to be totally worth it, and its probably worth it to get the LZ kit but for now I'll wait... Second thought--the on location LE didn't have the NinjaCamp inner loop fix, and the game kept failing to register my inner loop shots. With the NinjaCamp fix, that's been a non-issue for me at home. This is a CRITICAL fix that allows the game to play as intended. Highly recommended. Third point--even with most (thankfully not all) of my inner loop shots not registering, I was able to score over 300 million and get my name on the game! That was a fun experience!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/191?hl=kbenson13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.