20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 358.
#901 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Where'd you get the lockdown button plate? That's what's glorious! (Did you make it?)

Came from Wizard Mod...and I'd hold off on ordering it! Their colors are off compared to the pin, looks like they used Stern's advertising colors from the flyers:

https://wizardmod.com/collections/rush-stern-pinball-mods

ABE1F746-EBB5-4414-8701-607347DE074D.jpegABE1F746-EBB5-4414-8701-607347DE074D.jpeg
#902 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Where'd you get the lockdown button plate? That's what's glorious! (Did you make it?)

Likely Wizard mod

#903 2 years ago

I played the pro on location near me again last night. Last week the scoop was shooting it SDTM half the time and was bouncing out a lot because the protector was trashed. The operator removed it so it played a lot better.
He still has the volume set super low which is so frustrating on a music pin and he still hasn’t replaced the faulty switch on the left loop rollover. I’d replace it for him if I had his contact info. The game is at Linnbrook bowling alley in Anaheim.

#904 2 years ago
Quoted from Dobler:

That is awesome!
My band had a gig in the Portland area on Saturday so I spent about four hours at Next Level before load in. Jordan was thinking the Rush LEs would be in soon. He didn’t have a Pro on the floor so I’ve yet to play one yet. Sounds like my GNRLE should be in this week (finally!) so I guess I’ll be making another trip down soon. At this point I’m wondering if I should play a Rush LE if he has one out by the time I get back down there or if I should wait until my Pro arrives. I know it will be awesome regardless, but if I play the one I can’t have first, will I feel like I’m missing the extra features when I get mine. Maybe I’ll just wait until March or April or whenever I get mine for the first play.

All the models will be great fun, cant tell ya if no vuk ,clock or raising ramp will be a detractor or not. I doubt they will, no one here has regretted their pro purchase yet, which is saying a lot with this crowd

#905 2 years ago

Here is a picture of my scoop. I removed the “bad” protector after 79 plays, destroyed.
Immediately I placed Mylar down on all 3 exposed edges.
In the picture, I have just removed the left side Mylar to replace, as it was t sticking inside the scoop and made a flap of sorts. The right side has dust covering the line, I’m pretty sure the line is still there, it just looks like it’s fading.
Anyway, I can’t wait for the fork to get sent out, I will probably just put it down with nothing else, see how it goes.
I also had about half of the screws holding the flipper plate to the playfield come out, causing the plate to drop and the flipper to drag on the PF, fortunately I caught it early and was able to wax over the drag wear leaving it unnoticeable, close call for me and I would keep an eye on those screws, several were stripped out of the wood and needed a fix (Q-tip shaft) to get tight.
This is after 1500 plays….

3F7CCA23-117A-4BBB-8F79-B5765405C4E1 (resized).jpeg3F7CCA23-117A-4BBB-8F79-B5765405C4E1 (resized).jpeg
#906 2 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Here is a picture of my scoop. I removed the “bad” protector after 79 plays, destroyed.
This is after 1500 plays….
[quoted image]

You went from 79 plays to 1500 plays in a hurry.

#907 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Came from Wizard Mod...and I'd hold off on ordering it! Their colors are off compared to the pin, looks like they used Stern's advertising colors from the flyers:
https://wizardmod.com/collections/rush-stern-pinball-mods[quoted image]

I've reached out to Wizard Mods and sent some more pics. They are evaluating and will rework these, including sending out a replacement!

#908 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

You went from 79 plays to 1500 plays in a hurry.

Location game, seems to be a decent earner, time will tell.
I think it will be better than Zep, not as good as Godzilla.
Maybe along the lines of Maiden long term.

#909 2 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Location game, seems to be a decent earner, time will tell.
I think it will be better than Zep, not as good as Godzilla.
Maybe along the lines of Maiden long term.

At the bowling alley no one is playing it. Probably because of the low volume and previous scoop issues. Godzilla gets played constantly and is a filthy mess. The Mandelorian is pristine and also rarely gets played.

#910 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

At the bowling alley no one is playing it. Probably because of the low volume and previous scoop issues. Godzilla gets played constantly and is a filthy mess. The Mandelorian is pristine and also rarely gets played.

Bowling alley would be terrible for Rush for sure.

We have a Kiss at our local bowl and I'm sure I'm the only person who plays it LOL. Iron Man at the theater gets played though!

#911 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

Finally got word from Pirate Pinball that the LE's were shipped Friday from Stern and should hit them later this week. Next week delivery! The wait is killing me.

Same place for me too.

#912 2 years ago

Wizard Mod panel arrived today. Looks great to cover the plain speaker panel area.

3C72DE47-D5EC-409A-A23F-611D4A59DA0C (resized).jpeg3C72DE47-D5EC-409A-A23F-611D4A59DA0C (resized).jpeg
#913 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Wizard Mod panel arrived today. Looks great to cover the plain speaker panel area.

I’m sure I’m in the minority, but I like the plainness of the speaker panel for most Sterns. It gives your eyes a rest from the artwork on the translite and playfield.

#914 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m sure I’m in the minority, but I like the plainness of the speaker panel for most Sterns. It gives your eyes a rest from the artwork on the translite and playfield.

Yeah it’s way too busy for me. Powder coat the armor and that panel instead.

#915 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

You’re not alone, most machines need the black contrast…almost like an effective use of negative space to really make the base images pop.

#916 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

[quoted image]

Looks good but I can't decide on this so I'm waiting.

Glad to see your scores aren't that different than mine. People getting billions are killing me!

#917 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Same place for me too.

Awesome.....I like the fact that they set it up at the store and check for any issues before they deliver. They will bring the game assembled and will bring the box as well. If you want it NIB delivered, they do not set it up at your house. If you are in San Jose, it should take them about an hour to get to you? It's an hour to Sebastopol.

#918 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Has anyone noticed some very minor bubbles right here beside the scoop. I can't get a good picture but you can feel it if you rub a finger over the area. Doesn't seem like the scoop is causing the issue, not sure if it's worth some concern longer term..
[quoted image]

Yes, I've got the exact same dimpling in the exact same spot. I had assumed it was due to the how the ball was deflecting over the bent metal scoop protector. Good lord, has anyone heard when we'll finally receive a permanent fix for this defect? I don't want to remove the protector, but the machine is basically unplayable ... the ball keeps getting stuck in the scoop. I'm assuming these scoops exist on other Stern games and work Ok? Why wouldn't they have designed this one the same? Stern said they'll send me some replacement protectors, but they'll just bend again after a few days.

#919 2 years ago

Canada in the house!

Now....for the excruciating rest of the work day.....

Rush LE (resized).jpgRush LE (resized).jpg
#920 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Same here, I'm even finding I prefer solid black speakers compared to the see through speaker panels. Kinda also wish the two labels weren't in that area as well and that it was just pure black with the screen in the middle.

PXL_20220209_004150372 (resized).jpgPXL_20220209_004150372 (resized).jpg
#921 2 years ago

Just entered the "now I have to try to work for the rest of the day" club...

2022-02-22 14.51.55 (resized).jpg2022-02-22 14.51.55 (resized).jpg
#922 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Same here, I'm even finding I prefer solid black speakers compared to the see through speaker panels. Kinda also wish the two labels weren't in that area as well and that it was just pure black with the screen in the middle.
[quoted image]

That speaker panel Insider Connected eyesore comes off on mine first-thing. It's pretty thick vinyl, so it's easy to remove without damaging it.

#923 2 years ago
B2EBFAD9-0DE7-4BC6-8BA3-634D504333DB (resized).jpegB2EBFAD9-0DE7-4BC6-8BA3-634D504333DB (resized).jpeg
#924 2 years ago

Another Rush mod, take it or leave it haha.

B9863A88-DA1F-4C3F-8052-F99DE89E8DB1 (resized).jpegB9863A88-DA1F-4C3F-8052-F99DE89E8DB1 (resized).jpeg
#925 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Glad to see your scores aren't that different than mine. People getting billions are killing me!

Yah, and that's mainly with 5 balls

#926 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

[quoted image]

Take it

#927 2 years ago
Quoted from the_carmanizer:

Yes, I've got the exact same dimpling in the exact same spot. I had assumed it was due to the how the ball was deflecting over the bent metal scoop protector. Good lord, has anyone heard when we'll finally receive a permanent fix for this defect?

I can't figure out where the dimples are coming from, it could be a separate issue but something is going on there.

Really hope we see a new protector soon!

Quoted from pinballjah:

Yah, and that's mainly with 5 balls

That makes me feel good with my 3 ball games then!

#928 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

[quoted image]

Nice. Looks great!

#929 2 years ago

Has anyone adjusted the flipper power on theirs? I dialed mine back a notch because they were just slamming the lower scoop so hard. Also, the ball kept rimming out of the upper hole. It's still rimming out, but not as much so I might have to drop the power more. No problem hitting any of the shots with it dialed back.

Also, having the same issue with the side scoop as mentioned earlier- eject-off upper flipper- back in scoop- over and over again. I'll be dialing that back as well.

Now for the I'm an idiot question. I'm trying to turn down the callouts and turn up the music so does that mean I need to put the speech attenuation in the positive and music attenuation in the negative?

#930 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Now for the I'm an idiot question. I'm trying to turn down the callouts and turn up the music so does that mean I need to put the speech attenuation in the positive and music attenuation in the negative?

Seems counter intuitive, but you need to lower the Music Attenuation. I set mine to -10 and that seems like a good balance to me. I'll do more tweaking after I add an external amp and subwoofer.

#931 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I've reached out to Wizard Mods and sent some more pics. They are evaluating and will rework these, including sending out a replacement!

They never responded to me... Hopefully overnight or tomorrow. Will keep everyone posted.

#932 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

I just got a call on mine, shipping today...but with R&L carriers. Hopefully *knock on wood* they don't mess it up

Nice! I have yet to hear from them. (I did send an email last week.) First time NIB buyer so a little disappointed for lack of communication throughout the entire process.

#933 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Has anyone adjusted the flipper power on theirs? I dialed mine back a notch because they were just slamming the lower scoop so hard. Also, the ball kept rimming out of the upper hole. It's still rimming out, but not as much so I might have to drop the power more. No problem hitting any of the shots with it dialed back.
Also, having the same issue with the side scoop as mentioned earlier- eject-off upper flipper- back in scoop- over and over again. I'll be dialing that back as well.

I've got my music attenuation at -15 and it's okay. Still not as loud as some music pins though. Really weird how quiet the music is by default. I feel like I've seen a lot of comments about people trying the game on route that just mention "game was hard to hear"

#934 2 years ago

LE has been shipped!

What's the consensus on this one before playing? Replace balls, have to do anything with the scoop, adjusting any settings, etc?

Stoked!

#935 2 years ago

How many still waiting on their distributor to get LE shipping update from Stern? Mine says he hasn't heard from Stern yet.

#936 2 years ago

My LE shipped out due to arrive Friday hopefully !!

#937 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

How many still waiting on their distributor to get LE shipping update from Stern? Mine says he hasn't heard from Stern yet.

same here

#938 2 years ago

My son plays pinball most days - usually turns on one of my machines and plays about 15 minutes then shuts it off and plays Xbox. He turned Rush on an hour ago and is still going strong. This is unheard of.

I took him to a Rush show about 7 years ago and he likes the music, but isn’t a huge fan. Iron Maiden is his favorite pin. Wonder if that is about to change…

#939 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Attenuation is the DUMBEST option on a pinball system menu because it's counter-intuitive for 99.9% of people. Stern really needs to just walk away from it and redo at least that one part of the sound system UI RIGHT.

Why not just have levels? 0-100? People can understand that. If clipping is the issue, give the player a sound "budget" of 100 (which is the point at which the combined sound output will clip) in the top middle of the screen and show MUSIC / VOICE / FX with vertical graphs below each column and a number representing the current setting at the base of each graph column then let the player distribute their points. If someone has distributed stat points in a video game, they can easily understand this kind of UI, and even if they HAVEN'T it's more intuitive than attenuation, so improvement.

#940 2 years ago

So I started getting my LE set up and had to stop. I am a pinball owner newbie (this is my second home pinball) and the very last leg bolt has decided to throw me for a loop.

I was able to get the bolt out but I cannot get this one bolt back in. It keeps spinning and spinning. If I use some force, I can get it to go this far in without coming right out. The bolt was secured just fine when I took it out. I'm guessing that it got stripped on the inside?

Unfortunately I don't have much experience doing projects that use bolts so I don't have the inherent tool/shop knowledge to know what I should be searching for or what I should get or do to fix this without damaging anything...

Any tips on what search terms to go for so I can research on my own?

2022-02-22 20.40.17 (resized).jpg2022-02-22 20.40.17 (resized).jpg
#941 2 years ago

If you are able to get it out, does the bolt looks stripped at all? If you can get it out, it may be good to get a tap and put it through to clean up the threads. I've had to do this on a number of machines (usually older ones)

#942 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

If you are able to get it out, does the bolt looks stripped at all?

Yes, I can get it out. The bolt itself is not stripped - in fact I took the other bolt out and tried to put it in and it doesn't go in.

The top hole has somewhat of a click when I push the bolt in far enough - either bolt. The bottom one does not have that click.

#943 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackwolf:

Yes, I can get it out. The bolt itself is not stripped - in fact I took the other bolt out and tried to put it in and it doesn't go in.
The top hole has somewhat of a click when I push the bolt in far enough - either bolt. The bottom one does not have that click.

Probably another case of a misaligned leg plate. There was one a couple days ago. It probably shifted when you removed the bolt. No easy way to fix this. You need to lift the playfield and fix the plate.

#944 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Probably another case of a misaligned leg plate. There was one a couple days ago. It probably shifted when you removed the bolt. No easy way to fix this. You need to lift the playfield and fix the plate.

Thanks for the quick responses. I just found that post so I'll open it up and take a look inside before removing the stool it's sitting on.

Kinda bummed because I wanted to push it into the arcade room and do the opening that way but I'll survive

#945 2 years ago

#88 in the house

#946 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

#88 in the house

Lucky dog!!

#947 2 years ago

Got the call today 2sday 2/22/22 arrived at Pinball Pirate at 2:22 picked up my machine it has like 5 2s in the serial.
This game is a BLAST.

#948 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackwolf:

So I started getting my LE set up and had to stop. I am a pinball owner newbie (this is my second home pinball) and the very last leg bolt has decided to throw me for a loop.
I was able to get the bolt out but I cannot get this one bolt back in. It keeps spinning and spinning. If I use some force, I can get it to go this far in without coming right out. The bolt was secured just fine when I took it out. I'm guessing that it got stripped on the inside?
Unfortunately I don't have much experience doing projects that use bolts so I don't have the inherent tool/shop knowledge to know what I should be searching for or what I should get or do to fix this without damaging anything...
Any tips on what search terms to go for so I can research on my own?
[quoted image]

So, try putting it in first, take the top one all the way out. It's just an alignment issue, never run the first one all the way tight. Put both in loosely and snug evenly

#949 2 years ago
4F8318FC-29C0-4462-B023-AC5CD880BDD1 (resized).jpeg4F8318FC-29C0-4462-B023-AC5CD880BDD1 (resized).jpegA8E628C4-646A-4CF6-870B-36B77874E328 (resized).jpegA8E628C4-646A-4CF6-870B-36B77874E328 (resized).jpegE8FB5D90-0AB2-434C-9BB1-19AADAE59EC8 (resized).jpegE8FB5D90-0AB2-434C-9BB1-19AADAE59EC8 (resized).jpeg
#950 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

So, try putting it in first, take the top one all the way out. It's just an alignment issue, never run the first one all the way tight. Put both in loosely and snug evenly

Agreed. Don't be afraid to push that puppy a little bit and drive it in. I've had to do this too if it was a little misaligned but if that doesn't work then pull up the Playfield and have a look.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.