IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,879 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 358.
#9351 1 year ago

Too much talk about Bond going on, needed to get Rush back to the top.

Heard a couple of quotes yesterday, that I haven’t heard before, that got me chuckling.

“Hey, I think Huck Fin has the high score” and “Why read the book, when you can play pinball.” Both during Tom Sawyer mode. I’m sure it’s not new to others, but first time I heard them. The game keeps making this Rush fan smile, I love the quirky call outs.

#9352 1 year ago

For those that have messed with your ramp, could someone tell me how I might solve this issue? The ramp is sitting below the playfield too much and I've had balls stuck with the ramp in the up and down positions. My pitch is great enough, it my machine. The ramp sits about 1/4" too low. I hope to get to looking at it tomorrow and am hoping for some preliminary guidance.

20220903_204028 (resized).jpg20220903_204028 (resized).jpg
#9353 1 year ago
Quoted from JustJared:

For those that have messed with your ramp, could someone tell me how I might solve this issue? The ramp is sitting below the playfield too much and I've had balls stuck with the ramp in the up and down positions. My pitch is great enough, it my machine. The ramp sits about 1/4" too low. I hope to get to looking at it tomorrow and am hoping for some preliminary guidance.
[quoted image]

Seeing that you have the NinjaCamp ramp guards installed, my first thought is make sure the ramp is mounted and secured correctly, underneath the playfield. I assume you removed the ramp, in order to put the ramp guards on. Three nuts, the front two have black vibration dampeners underneath them, so do not over tighten those. You can squish them some, but don’t flatten them.

Just undo the three, then reapply, making sure to tighten them down evenly. Just needs to be snug, not super tight.

See if that helps first, then go from there.

#9354 1 year ago
Quoted from JustJared:

For those that have messed with your ramp, could someone tell me how I might solve this issue?

I ended up replacing the ramp flap with one without the V cut into the top. I make my own ramp flaps but it's out of blued steel not stainless like the original. But at least I don't have a ball get stuck on the ramp flap anymore.

#9355 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Phenomenal pinball machine, but if Stern would have been honest up-front and said expression lights would be a year out, I would have purchased an LE. The coding/anamations/sound effects are A+, the layout is a B+. June-2022 build for my Premium, the ball wouldn’t pass under the top wire rail, plunger spring worked like a wet noodle, bass speaker sounds blown at 30 volume setting. Game is extremely enjoyable, wish it had the Expression Lights???????

It's absolutely stunning that we don't have ELs and a shooter rod yet. Topper is probably a year + out given they still have nothing for Godzilla.

#9356 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

It's absolutely stunning that we don't have ELs and a shooter rod yet. Topper is probably a year + out given they still have nothing for Godzilla.

mandalorian, godzilla and rush. all 3 still do not have toppers

#9357 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

where can I find the instructions,they look very nice.

Me three please! Thank you. Looks amazing!
With regard to Freewill multiball the middle left flasher goes nuts when Freewill has been qualified to let you know it's ready to collect.

(Shameless brag: My wife and I apear singing "... kindness that can kill" in the Freewill video. Childhood dream to be in a RUSH video! Check. Appearing in an arcade game. Check. Appearing in an awesome Rush pin, priceless.)

#9358 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

mandalorian, godzilla and rush. all 3 still do not have toppers

It’s almost like they make zero profit on the accessories (which we know isn’t true).

Why wouldn’t you have them ready when the game launches to ride the new game enthusiasm wave? Makes no sense.

#9359 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

It’s almost like they make zero profit on the accessories (which we know isn’t true).

I believe the margins on toppers is much higher than pins.

#9360 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Why wouldn’t you have them ready when the game launches to ride the new game enthusiasm wave? Makes no sense

They hadn't even had a chance to test the scoop protectors, and still had to announce the game and get it shipping. I think it's pretty easy to say that there's something pushing the release date earlier. We have no idea what the license is like, or how far in advance they started setting up the release before everything got delayed

#9361 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Seeing that you have the NinjaCamp ramp guards installed, my first thought is make sure the ramp is mounted and secured correctly, underneath the playfield. I assume you removed the ramp, in order to put the ramp guards on. Three nuts, the front two have black vibration dampeners underneath them, so do not over tighten those. You can squish them some, but don’t flatten them.
Just undo the three, then reapply, making sure to tighten them down evenly. Just needs to be snug, not super tight.
See if that helps first, then go from there.

Funny you mentioned the ramp guards. Mine are stock. July 1 build. I will have time tomorrow and look at the dampeners. I am wondering if it wasn't tightened down enough to lift the assembly up where it should be. Thank you for the advice, I'll check this out and get back to you all.

Jared

#9362 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Why wouldn’t you have them ready when the game launches to ride the new game enthusiasm wave? Makes no sense.

Seems like they could farm out accessories to a third party and still get a cut.

#9363 1 year ago
Quoted from JustJared:

Funny you mentioned the ramp guards. Mine are stock. July 1 build. I will have time tomorrow and look at the dampeners. I am wondering if it wasn't tightened down enough to lift the assembly up where it should be. Thank you for the advice, I'll check this out and get back to you all.
Jared

I debated if that was the case with the ramp guards, couldn’t remember if Stern changed color/material. Most were released with the blue nubs, that wouldn’t last very long.

Yes, report back after adjustment.

#9364 1 year ago

Heard a couple of quotes yesterday, that I haven’t heard before, that got me chuckling.

Does anybody know if all the quotes have been put out there? Or did they record a few hundred and release new quotes in new code updates?

#9365 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Does anybody know if all the quotes have been put out there? Or did they record a few hundred and release new quotes in new code updates?

I believe they keep adding more with each update, but don’t take that as gospel. They may have already been there, and key features with new codes, may finally be letting them out.

I know with each update, I tend to hear some different stuff. But is that because of code release, or that I’m getting further along in the game, and finally hearing them? Don’t know.

#9366 1 year ago

I believe they keep adding more with each update, but don’t take that as gospel. They may have already been there, and key features with new codes, may finally be letting them out.
I know with each update, I tend to hear some different stuff. But is that because of code release, or that I’m getting further along in the game, and finally hearing them? Don’t know.

I had a STLE and hear things for the first time 2+ years after having it. Some audio files somehow dont get in rotation.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9367 1 year ago

I've lost my ball from laughing at the callouts. The more you're a fan, the funnier it is.

#9368 1 year ago

One I recently heard for the first time is during Working Man where Geddy says something like : "Survey says people prefer the reggae version".
I thought it was pretty funny.

BTW in recent live recordings they start the song in reggae-style.

#9369 1 year ago
Quoted from Gabpower:

BTW On live recordings they start the song in reggae-style.

It was the Clockwork Angels tour, it’s how they started the song for the encore.

The polka version intro of La Villa from the Time Machine tour, still one of my favorites.

#9370 1 year ago
Quoted from Gabpower:

"Survey says people prefer the reggae version"

I thought it was "management prefers..."

Uh, oh! HR wants to see you!

#9371 1 year ago

To all lighting the drops that want something better than cardboard:. Here is the Mezel mount. You might give them a call and maybe they will send you one. You WILL have to Dremel out for Rush has 2 unique screws you need to allow for. Otherwise try to mimic the shape with your 3d printer or using plastic. Cardboard works just fine though and you don't see it

PXL_20220908_104758223 (resized).jpgPXL_20220908_104758223 (resized).jpg
#9372 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

To all lighting the drops that want something better than cardboard:. Here is the Mezel mount. You might give them a call and maybe they will send you one. You WILL have to Dremel out for Rush has 2 unique screws you need to allow for. Otherwise try to mimic the shape with your 3d printer or using plastic. Cardboard works just fine though and you don't see it
[quoted image]

Anyone have an .stl file for this part that is specific to Rush? I asked Mezel if they would sell just the mount, waiting to hear back from them.

Thanks wtatumjr for all the info about this subject so far!

#9373 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

[quoted image]

We have a version for Rush on our site that includes the targets, light and bracket. We are awaiting installation instructions which are presently lacking photos.

#9374 1 year ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

We have a version for Rush on our site that includes the targets, light and bracket. We are awaiting installation instructions which are presently lacking photos.

Kristin- If I can help let me know. I love you guys for the wonderful job you did with Dead Pool.

PXL_20220713_191916407 (resized).jpgPXL_20220713_191916407 (resized).jpg
#9375 1 year ago

Too much talk about Bond going on, needed to get Rush back to the top.
“Hey, I think Huck Fin has the high score” and “Why read the book, when you can play pinball.” Both during Tom Sawyer mode. I’m sure it’s not new to others, but first time I heard them. The game keeps making this Rush fan smile, I love the quirky call outs.

One that amuses me is when you earn a reply, it will often say "The reward for doing well at pinball is .. more pinball!!" For some reason that cracks me up.

#9376 1 year ago

Do any of you have any trouble with your upper/side scoop ejecting the ball, and banking it perfectly off the Rush standup starts to land STDM? Is there a suggested adjustment to VUK strength or something else to prevent that?

Also does anybody else have issue with your lower scoop ejecting the ball a little too close to STDM? usually it gets ejected right at the very tip of my right flipper. I can usually do a 'dead flip' and just let it bounce to the left, but it seems like most people on Twitch have that ball ejecting closer to the middle of the right flipper. Is there an adjustment to fix this or is this behavior by design?

#9377 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

Do any of you have any trouble with your upper/side scoop ejecting the ball, and banking it perfectly off the Rush standup starts to land STDM? Is there a suggested adjustment to VUK strength or something else to prevent that?
Also does anybody else have issue with your lower scoop ejecting the ball a little too close to STDM? usually it gets ejected right at the very tip of my right flipper. I can usually do a 'dead flip' and just let it bounce to the left, but it seems like most people on Twitch have that ball ejecting closer to the middle of the right flipper. Is there an adjustment to fix this or is this behavior by design?

Doesn't directly address the issue but I set the ball save to 1 second so if it does go sdtm, no big deal. Didn't happen often to me but occasionally.

#9378 1 year ago

I debated if that was the case with the ramp guards, couldn’t remember if Stern changed color/material. Most were released with the blue nubs, that wouldn’t last very long.
Yes, report back after adjustment.

So I worked on my ramp, it was very easy.
My issue was the ball getting stuck at the bottom of the ramp and the ramp was sunken beneath the playfield. Underneath I tightened the locknuts for the front of the ramp which allowed the black rubber dampeners to get squished and decreased the amount of stuck balls at the bottom.
At the same time I also tightened the upper nut for the ramp. Afterwards I had my first stuck ball at the top of the ramp. Then I loosened it and it worked without getting stuck.

I realize this is an easy fix but may take a little tweaking. If you have stuck balls at the top of the ramp, lower it some by loosening the single nut. It is somewhat of a jump ramp in my game as there is a gap, but it works just fine.

I hope this helps someone, in just glad I was able to make my game playable with an easy adjustment.

#9379 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

Top scoop is easy. Turn the eject power down until you find a number that works for you. Bottom scoop, lift up playfield, and remove the 2 screws on the left side of the scoop and put a small washer under them. Then tighten all 4 screws while twisting scoop counter clockwise. Easy job, maybe 10 minutes.

#9380 1 year ago

So far, so good with the NC scoop protector installed. I would say for anyone on the fence thinking about this mod to just do it.

#9381 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

So far, so good with the NC scoop protector installed. I would say for anyone on the fence thinking about this mod to just do it.

What color did you go with? I'm on the fence because I don't have an issue with the factory version I have, but I am about to put an order in with them and thought, why not?

#9382 1 year ago
Quoted from JustJared:

What color did you go with? I'm on the fence because I don't have an issue with the factory version I have, but I am about to put an order in with them and thought, why not?

Black

2022-08-27 16.44.22 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 16.44.22 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 16.44.25 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 16.44.25 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 16.44.31 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 16.44.31 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9383 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Black
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Black for me too. It just blends in with the scoop opening.

#9384 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Not sure if Myth Pinball has any plans to tap into the EL feed as NinjaCamp has done, MythMaker may have it on his list. He certainly has enough LEDs in his kit and they're already addressable.

We are certainly looking at adding this feature to our speaker light kit.

#9385 1 year ago

Ok, you all were right….and I had to buy one. just received my ninja scoop protector and going to get rid of the stern scoop fix soon. Looking forward to having the playfield opened back up a little bit as it was originally intended.

#9386 1 year ago

Another enthusiastic thumbs up for the LZ expression kit. It’s like having a whole new game, even the side art looks great. First time ever seeing them in action on a Rush, wow!

$450 and available now vs. whatever they end up charging for the Rush kit and no definite release date? No brainer. Install was easy too, PF pulls right out, probably best to use a buddy to help but I did it solo because I’m not patient. Exact same installation as the included Zeppelin instructions BTW.

14DFCD6B-31CF-450A-B709-D9D2F6DD5B98 (resized).jpeg14DFCD6B-31CF-450A-B709-D9D2F6DD5B98 (resized).jpegD043CAA0-823A-4E54-B883-9D562618C48F (resized).jpegD043CAA0-823A-4E54-B883-9D562618C48F (resized).jpeg
#9387 1 year ago

I just had my first rubber in the game break on me and, since I'm relatively new to pinball, I don't have any on hand. And the building in my Godzilla is broken. So.... no pinball for me this weekend.

I've already got my first Titans on order. Can't wait to get them, and then figure out how to install them!

#9388 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Another enthusiastic thumbs up for the LZ expression kit. It’s like having a whole new game, even the side art looks great. First time ever seeing them in action on a Rush, wow!
$450 and available now vs. whatever they end up charging for the Rush kit and no definite release date? No brainer. Install was easy too, PF pulls right out, probably best to use a buddy to help but I did it solo because I’m not patient. Exact same installation as the included Zeppelin instructions BTW.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! You went the FULL MONTY with the ZoSo Theme and all! Looks Nice!!! Enjoy!

#9389 1 year ago
Quoted from kbenson13:

I just had my first rubber in the game break on me and, since I'm relatively new to pinball, I don't have any on hand. And the building in my Godzilla is broken. So.... no pinball for me this weekend.
I've already got my first Titans on order. Can't wait to get them, and then figure out how to install them!

There isn't a whole lot of rubber on this game, but some of it is buried under lots of stuff on the left side (I just did all the rubber on mine last weekend). I hope you ordered several extra sling rubbers, because that right sling is just ruthless in how it chews up the rubber. I have been rotating mine whenever I have the glass off and it's still broken twice so far.

#9390 1 year ago

My Premium got the full Pinwoofer Super Spike 2 long ago. It's probably the single best upgrade, and I have a lot. It gets overlooked as it's not the flash and glitz of Expression Lighting or the Rushian beauty of the Red Barchetta crossing the one lane bridge before the gleaming alloy air car. But hey, it's a music pin. If you love you some Rush music, you'd might as well enjoy the intricacies! I installed it using the factory trim. Heard several people say 4" holes, 5 25" holes, not a big deal.....

In preparation for my NC Expressive Speaker Lights, I installed my 5.25" speaker plates and gold mirror surrounds from speakerlightkits.com (removing the stock pro/ premium 4" holes with metal bars and speaker foam). Still using the pinwoofer speaker mounts for spacing until NC delivers. What I CAN tell you is that there's a BIG difference in sound quality between 4" holes/foam VS 5.25" LE style mounting with regard to Pinwoofer Super kits. I was able to immediately notice the difference with clearer highs, and more volume too (was able to turn it down a few notches).
Well there you have it. The bigger and open mounting actually made a difference. It's at least 5 to 10% cleaner sounding imo.

20220909_145739 (resized).jpg20220909_145739 (resized).jpg20220909_145745 (resized).jpg20220909_145745 (resized).jpg20220909_150135 (resized).jpg20220909_150135 (resized).jpg
#9391 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

There isn't a whole lot of rubber on this game, but some of it is buried under lots of stuff on the left side (I just did all the rubber on mine last weekend). I hope you ordered several extra sling rubbers, because that right sling is just ruthless in how it chews up the rubber. I have been rotating mine whenever I have the glass off and it's still broken twice so far.

Ouch. Maybe I'm lucky with 1200 games since March and no breaks. Maybe we should look into this? I Can try and take a pic next time I'm under the glass. I wonder if those who have chewed up rubbers have something different under there????

#9392 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great doesn't it? And honestly, it matches way better than I thought it would. A lot of the same colors in the LED surround plastic.

#9393 1 year ago

What strategies do you all use with the ramp diverter? It's a pretty neat concept that I haven't seen in any game where the player can actually choose which flipper the ramps return the ball to, but I just haven't figured out the strategic use yet. It seems that the majority of the shots I'm going for require the left flipper, which is where the ramps return to by default most of the time. But in what situations do you guys change it up to the right side?

#9394 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

What strategies do you all use with the ramp diverter? It's a pretty neat concept that I haven't seen in any game where the player can actually choose which flipper the ramps return the ball to, but I just haven't figured out the strategic use yet. It seems that the majority of the shots I'm going for require the left flipper, which is where the ramps return to by default most of the time. But in what situations do you guys change it up to the right side?

If I have a 2x/3x rainbow record on the dead end shot(I have a pro)during a multiball and/or a mode running I will have the diverter to the right flipper. If I’m working on the drops and trying to start that multiball and just need to hit that stand up target I’ll use the ramp to pass it to the right flipper.

#9395 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

I know I've used it during Spirit of Radio, so I can put it into the VUK after collecting the other shot(s).

#9396 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Looks great doesn't it? And honestly, it matches way better than I thought it would. A lot of the same colors in the LED surround plastic.

I know the colors match and from a distance it looks great, but you must not be familiar with Led Zeppelin? The indelibly LZ symbols make this a complete mismatch that I would not be able to live with. Its like having baseball art on a game themed for football. I would have to put a set of Rush side blades over the LZ art and then cut out the windows for the LEDs somehow. That seems like a daunting task to properly complete, so I am holding out for the actual Rush expession lights.

#9397 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I know the colors match and from a distance it looks great, but you must not be familiar with Led Zeppelin? The indelibly LZ symbols make this a complete mismatch that I would not be able to live with. Its like having baseball art on a game themed for football. I would have to put a set of Rush side blades over the LZ art and then cut out the windows for the LEDs somehow. That seems like a daunting task to properly complete, so I am holding out for the actual Rush expession lights.

Something I had thought about doing, regarding the use of art blades over the LZ artwork on the light fixtures, but current art blades were not wide enough at one end. Unless you wanted to cut and splice the artwork, which after looking at it, didn’t seem to be a good alternative. Then there’s the trimming around all of the LED windows......

I honestly thought it would bother me, not only knowing, but seeing it there on the light fixtures. But it truly doesn’t, and I’m pretty ocd about things like that. Yes I know it’s LZ art, and not rush, but it gets hidden pretty quick when the lights are on.

Now, as far as adding the LZ art blades as well, can’t say it’s something I’d do, that’s just a little much for me. Although, LZ was a big influence to Rush, so maybe it pays tribute?

I will say this, once you have the fixtures installed, and start a game, it will completely change your view about it. Like you, I’m waiting for the official release, but I also might be retired before they come out. Or not wanting to pay crazy scalping prices, when I can enjoy the feature/function now.

#9398 1 year ago

Something I had thought about doing, regarding the use of art blades over the LZ artwork on the light fixtures, but current art blades were not wide enough at one end. Unless you wanted to cut and splice the artwork, which after looking at it, didn’t seem to be a good alternative. Then there’s the trimming around all of the LED windows......
I honestly thought it would bother me, not only knowing, but seeing it there on the light fixtures. But it truly doesn’t, and I’m pretty ocd about things like that. Yes I know it’s LZ art, and not rush, but it gets hidden pretty quick when the lights are on.
Now, as far as adding the LZ art blades as well, can’t say it’s something I’d do, that’s just a little much for me. Although, LZ was a big influence to Rush, so maybe it pays tribute?
I will say this, once you have the fixtures installed, and start a game, it will completely change your view about it. Like you, I’m waiting for the official release, but I also might be retired before they come out. Or not wanting to pay crazy scalping prices, when I can enjoy the feature/function now.

I agree. I am too anal to try the LZ blades though it doesn't look bad! I saved the stickers unused and hope to buy REAL Rush kit, and swap the unused electronics and resell the opened but unused LZ kit later.

#9399 1 year ago

Maybe I missed it but how do you unlock the Cygnus song in song selection?

#9400 1 year ago
Quoted from livetowin:

Maybe I missed it but how do you unlock the Cygnus song in song selection?

You have to reach the modes during regular play. Book 1 and 2 are separately unlocked this way. Also need to be logged into insider connected and the song selection perk is only for the use the earned it, I believe, but not certain.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 17,879 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/188 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.