20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 358.
#9301 1 year ago
Quoted from JustJared:

Stuck ball even after ball search. I'm sure someone else has had this. What's the fix?
[quoted image]

Nudge?

#9302 1 year ago
Quoted from JustJared:

I think I need the ninja camp mod for this

Yes, their shooter lane fix is east to install and works a treat.

Quoted from JustJared:

Stuck ball even after ball search. I'm sure someone else has had this. What's the fix?

[quoted image]

Short-term, shaking the machine until the ball frees. Longterm, make the game steeper.

#9303 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yes, their shooter lane fix is east to install and works a treat.

Short-term, shaking the machine until the ball frees. Longterm, make the game steeper.

Thanks for both ideas. I have the game at 6.6 degrees. It looks like the entrance of my time machine ramp should go up 1milimeter or so to make it closer to the metal ramp entrance (when the ramp is down, I think that may help the gap. Now I have to learn how to adjust that.

#9304 1 year ago

The nudge required to get it off would make the game tilt, even if it didn't have a bob in it.

#9305 1 year ago
Quoted from JustJared:

The nudge required to get it off would make the game tilt, even if it didn't have a bob in it.

Set the machine to turn off tilt when you open coin door. Open door, nudge, close door, play. Also try 7 degrees.

#9306 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Set the machine to turn off tilt when you open coin door. Open door, nudge, close door, play. Also try 7 degrees.

Good idea. Thx.

#9307 1 year ago

I noticed that I never get the Far Cry multiball. Played nearly a hundred games and still have not seen it. Maybe I just suck? I can get the first ball in the scoop and the screen says Far Cry ball one locked. When I hit more balls into either scoop nothing happens. The rule sheet says that putting a ball into either scoop after the first ball is locked will start the multiball. What am I missing?

#9308 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

This happens on mine too. The diverter is working properly, but sometimes a side ramp shot isn't strong enough to cross over and come to the right inlane, for example. It works fine for all 3 of the other possible return feeds. Mine is pretty steep, though. I've wondered if this could be the reason.

I tried going into the settings and increasing the diverter strength to something like 220. Still nothing. I think the default strength was set at around 135.

#9309 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I noticed that I never get the Far Cry multiball. Played nearly a hundred games and still have not seen it. Maybe I just suck? I can get the first ball in the scoop and the screen says Far Cry ball one locked. When I hit more balls into either scoop nothing happens. The rule sheet says that putting a ball into either scoop after the first ball is locked will start the multiball. What am I missing?

Each lock on default settings require both green targets plus the right ramp:

Targets, ramp, lock
Targets, ramp, multiball

Feel free to change the settings to your liking, there are all sorts of possible adjustments. Performing the “Install Home” from the utilities menu can be done for friendlier options suitable for a home environment vs. an operator one, and will set some adjustments like removing the ramp requirement for the first far cry, and make far cry and time machine multiballs start with 3 balls instead of two, among other things

#9310 1 year ago

This happens on mine too. The diverter is working properly, but sometimes a side ramp shot isn't strong enough to cross over and come to the right inlane, for example. It works fine for all 3 of the other possible return feeds. Mine is pretty steep, though. I've wondered if this could be the reason.

There is a setting that let's the game override your selection to what is the most beneficial - you can check if that's set and disable if you want.

#9311 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Oh one helpful thing for people like me who don't have the pilot holes. How far away from the Vertical ground wire is the node board, and how much space is left between them. I estimated. But I can see in your pictures that my boards are closer together and a little farther back than yours.

Pics and measurements, to help others that don't have the pilot holes existing, to mount the expression lights boards. These will at least help get you started for placement.

Side note: For anyone who may be thinking about getting the Pinsight HDD, I have found a simple car washing sponge, does awesome to protect the screen from touching the backbox, when the playfield is tilted upright. A simple $2.00 fix. Loving this little screen so far, even being small, it truly helps having that info in an easier to see location.
IMG_3831 (resized).jpgIMG_3831 (resized).jpgIMG_3893 (resized).JPGIMG_3893 (resized).JPGIMG_3888 (resized).JPGIMG_3888 (resized).JPGIMG_3884 (resized).JPGIMG_3884 (resized).JPGIMG_3897 (resized).JPGIMG_3897 (resized).JPGIMG_3898 (resized).JPGIMG_3898 (resized).JPG

#9312 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Pics and measurements, to help others that don't have the pilot holes existing, to mount the expression lights boards. These will at least help get you started for placement.
Side note: For anyone who may be thinking about getting the Pinsight HDD, I have found a simple car washing sponge, does awesome to protect the screen from touching the backbox, when the playfield is tilted upright. A simple $2.00 fix. Loving this little screen so far, even being small, it truly helps having that info in an easier to see location.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for all those who needed the measurements. I did put mine closer to the ground wire and about an inch and a half apart. A little closer together. Oh well. The sponge idea is a good one. Where do the hdmi and power wires end up for the screen? Along the playfield?

#9313 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Thanks for all those who needed the measurements. I did put mine closer to the ground wire and about an inch and a half apart. A little closer together. Oh well. The sponge idea is a good one. Where do the hdmi and power wires end up for the screen? Along the playfield?

They wrap under the apron(front lip), from there, it just routes along existing wire runs under the playfield, to the backbox. If you look in the Pinsight HDD thread, I posted pics a little bit ago, of how I ran them.

#9314 1 year ago

Never turn your back on a Monster!

Is this achievement even possible on the PRO? I don't think it is. The dead end shot is a sucker shot that never returns the ball in a way that can be controlled. That shot results in ball out with high frequency.

How does the combo work there? When we hit the dead and and it doesn't return into the slingshot and go directly into the outline but bounces around and eventually we get some control back after making a few saves and hitting random stuff in the process... is the perfect combo still doable at that point?

This is the last achievement I need for la villa.

#9315 1 year ago
Quoted from Wicked-Flip:

Never turn your back on a Monster!
Is this achievement even possible on the PRO? I don't think it is. The dead end shot is a sucker shot that never returns the ball in a way that can be controlled. That shot results in ball out with high frequency.
How does the combo work there? When we hit the dead and and it doesn't return into the slingshot and go directly into the outline but bounces around and eventually we get some control back after making a few saves and hitting random stuff in the process... is the perfect combo still doable at that point?
This is the last achievement I need for la villa.

Use your weapon if you don't get a good feed in time?

But yeah, feels like the timer on the left orbit shot should be way longer on the pro considering there's no feed

#9316 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Use your weapon if you don't get a good feed in time?
But yeah, feels like the timer on the left orbit shot should be way longer on the pro considering there's no feed

Hmm, can I get a weapon during that mode? I don't think I ever have. If I can then that is definitely the way to do it. Good suggestion! I'm going to look into that right now

#9317 1 year ago

https://clips.twitch.tv/WonderfulMoralLarkKippa-nhgCXF1MQdSK5qWd

Weapon for La villa is qualified by right ramp to right orbit 1-2 combo before starting the mode. Good luck!

#9318 1 year ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

Weapon for La villa is qualified by right ramp to right orbit 1-2 combo before starting the mode. Good luck!

Are we getting close to new code update?

#9319 1 year ago

It occurred to me today - is there any reason that the backbox light doesn't dim along with the playfield GI during Fly By Night?

#9320 1 year ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

Sweet. Something to do tomorrow. I didn't even know I could get a weapon for that mode

#9321 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

It occurred to me today - is there any reason that the backbox light doesn't dim along with the playfield GI during Fly By Night?

I've never noticed, I'm turned down to 20% during gameplay, guess I'll check it nx time

#9322 1 year ago

I am slowly getting the hang of this game . Can somebody explain how the Freewill multiball works exactly? Reading the directions, it seems I need to collect the instruments and then lock a ball in the lower left part of the playfield (area behind the instruments?). I can get the ball back there, but I have never been able to start the freewill mb. Any tips would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

IMG_0598 (resized).jpgIMG_0598 (resized).jpg
#9323 1 year ago

disregard the attached photo. that was from an earlier post. thx

#9324 1 year ago

Oups

#9325 1 year ago

You just described far cry multiball, not freewill.

For freewill, you have to collect all instruments - before any drops are hit, they will cycle by flashing. Whichever is flashing when you hit the first drop locks I'm for that set; finish all three drops then hit any major shot to collect. Rinse and repeat for the other instruments - but note you can lock in instruments that are already collected (it still cycles through collected ones prior to hitting the first target).

When you finish the bank on the third instrument, all the instruments will flash rapidly - hit the lane behind the base then to start freewill.

I'm guessing you either haven't collected all three I instruments (really easy to wind up locking prior collected ones by accident), or maybe you've got a glitch...imo freewill is the only one that rarely gets triggered unless you aim for it, so likely the former, but if you think it's not working right take the glass off and trigger the full sequence to check.

#9326 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

You just described far cry multiball, not freewill.
For freewill, you have to collect all instruments - before any drops are hit, they will cycle by flashing. Whichever is flashing when you hit the first drop locks I'm for that set; finish all three drops then hit any major shot to collect. Rinse and repeat for the other instruments - but note you can lock in instruments that are already collected (it still cycles through collected ones prior to hitting the first target).
When you finish the bank on the third instrument, all the instruments will flash rapidly - hit the lane behind the base then to start freewill.
I'm guessing you either haven't collected all three I instruments (really easy to wind up locking prior collected ones by accident), or maybe you've got a glitch...imo freewill is the only one that rarely gets triggered unless you aim for it, so likely the former, but if you think it's not working right take the glass off and trigger the full sequence to check.

Oups sorry, you right, tired today

#9327 1 year ago

Anyone know where you can find the list of setting changes that come with installing one of the presets like “Home”?

#9328 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Anyone know where you can find the list of setting changes that come with installing one of the presets like “Home”?

One of the code updates Read Me files, broke down the changes for Home settings. I’m thinking it was 0.94 or 0.96 code release. Heading out the door, or I’d look it up.

#9329 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've never noticed, I'm turned down to 20% during gameplay, guess I'll check it nx time

I need to do the same, just to hide the glare that otherwise highlights a couple playfield flaws in Neil's hair

#9330 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

One of the code updates Read Me files, broke down the changes for Home settings. I’m thinking it was 0.94 or 0.96 code release. Heading out the door, or I’d look it up.

Thanks! I’ll look there.

#9331 1 year ago

wtatumjr posted a lite drop targets mod which I liked very much, so I reached out to ask how much and he gave me details on how to do it myself. After fully opequing the drop target tabs, it came together nicely. Pictures dont do justice and it is a really nice way to highlight the freewill area...

20220905_103456 (002) (resized).jpg20220905_103456 (002) (resized).jpg
#9332 1 year ago

Lit drops always look nice!

#9333 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Thanks for the DIY instructions!

#9334 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

where can I find the instructions,they look very nice.

#9335 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

PM sent

#9336 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Send an email to wtatumjr, he emailed the instructions and where to buy the parts.

#9337 1 year ago

Me too please

#9338 1 year ago

For those interested - From 0.91 readme-

- Added a significant number of adjustments to the INSTALL HOME install
utility. This is the recommended install option for games in a home
environment. These settings generally match the gameplay experience from
software revision v0.90.
- Install Home will modify the following adjustments:
- FREE PLAY changed to YES
- HSTD INITITALS changed to 10 Letter.
- ALLOW FORCE ENDGAME changed to ALWAYS.
- BALL SAVE TIME changed to 12 seconds.
- TIME MACHINE MULTIBALL DIFFICULTY changed to EASY.
- FAR CRY LOCK DIFFICULTY changed to EXTRA EASY.
- FREEWILL MULTIBALL DIFFICULTY changed to EASY.
- FREEWILL ADD-A-BALL DIFFICULTY changed to EASY.
- ADVANCE BALL SAVES IN MULTIBALL changed to YES.
- FRY CRY SUPER JACKPOT DIFFICULTY changed to EASY.
- FAR CRY NUM BALLS changed to 3.
- TIME MACHINE NUM BALLS changed to 3.
- ADD-A-BALL BALL SAVE TIME changed to 6.
- DRUM CLOCK TIME IN MULTIBALL BEHAVIOR changed to ALWAYS.
- HEADLONG FLIGHT MULTIBALL DIFFICULTY changed to EXTRA HARD.
- DROP TARGETS STAY DOWN ON FULL SET changed to NO.

#9339 1 year ago

Anybody doing the clear drops, you will have to black out the opto trigger tab or it will not work. I masked and used flat black paint

PXL_20220713_133839321~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220713_133839321~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220713_133839321~3 (resized).jpgPXL_20220713_133839321~3 (resized).jpgPXL_20220713_140256563~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220713_140256563~2 (resized).jpg
#9340 1 year ago

Is Alex bald?

#9341 1 year ago

Has anyone installed this cliffy protector on the drop targets or have a link to instructions? Just wondering if it snaps into place or something goes in those holes.

PXL_20220905_200712112 (resized).jpgPXL_20220905_200712112 (resized).jpgPXL_20220905_200735959 (1) (resized).jpgPXL_20220905_200735959 (1) (resized).jpg
#9342 1 year ago

Gave the machine the nickel vein powder coat treatment, looks amazing - highly recommended.

20220905_144122 (resized).jpg20220905_144122 (resized).jpg
#9343 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

Gave the machine the nickel vein powder coat treatment, looks amazing - highly recommended.
[quoted image]

Any more pics? Looks great

#9344 1 year ago

Definitely. I plan to get the expression light kit. Still baffling that it's not available yet from Stern.

Really WTF!! I mean a few months is one thing, buy holy shit this is crazy. I suppose buying the LZ lights is an option along with buying some Rush art blades and cutting it out strategically around the expression lights.

While we are at it, where is the topper? Premium side rail upgrade? How about the effin Mandalorian topper too? OK venting over.

#9345 1 year ago
Quoted from erockyoulikea:

Has anyone installed this cliffy protector on the drop targets or have a link to instructions? Just wondering if it snaps into place or something goes in those holes.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Pretty sure you just remove the drop target bank and then just slide it into place. It looks exactly like the one I installed on my Iron Maiden. Nothing goes in those holes...

2022-06-18 14.27.54 (resized).jpg2022-06-18 14.27.54 (resized).jpg
#9346 1 year ago

Phenomenal pinball machine, but if Stern would have been honest up-front and said expression lights would be a year out, I would have purchased an LE. The coding/anamations/sound effects are A+, the layout is a B+. June-2022 build for my Premium, the ball wouldn’t pass under the top wire rail, plunger spring worked like a wet noodle, bass speaker sounds blown at 30 volume setting. Game is extremely enjoyable, wish it had the Expression Lights???????

#9347 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Phenomenal pinball machine, but if Stern would have been honest up-front and said expression lights would be a year out, I would have purchased an LE. The coding/anamations/sound effects are A+, the layout is a B+. June-2022 build for my Premium, the ball wouldn’t pass under the top wire rail, plunger spring worked like a wet noodle, bass speaker sounds blown at 30 volume setting. Game is extremely enjoyable, wish it had the Expression Lights???????

It is ridiculous to make customers wait this long for expression lights and topper, but they get away with it, so no use complaining.

#9348 1 year ago

To the people back lighting Rush drops:
Lighting- When you receive your Comet order remove any white GI bulb closest the drops and install the Comet bulb+ wire adapter. Then plug in 1 or 2 extensions, then the light strip. You can test the light strip now if you want .

Drops- Remove the 4 screws and 2 plugs to the drop targets. Notice the oval hole left in the playfield. You will later mount the light strip towards the back box next to this oval hole. No part of the strip can intrude into the space below the oval hole but will go very near it but we'll get to mounting later. For now, replace each black drop with the clear drops (You've already opaqued the trigger tab). Do one at a time taking care to replace the same way you took apart. Remove the decals on the old black drops, you will reuse them. Replace the decals on the new clear drops. You can trim the decals so more light shines through if you want. The new drops should be ready now for reinstall but
you need to make and mount the light strip and strip mount first. I'll post those instructions tomorrow

#9349 1 year ago
Quoted from erockyoulikea:

[quoted image][quoted image]

The protector just snaps into place, if you don't secure it with two small screws it will creep a little each time the drops are hit.

#9350 1 year ago

Finally got to Cygnus X1 book 1! Completed 2 of 3 planets and I think I only had a few more shots to make to complete the 3rd when I drained.

1.1B, but didn't beat the GC. Happy to have finally reached Cygnus tho!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/187?hl=justjared and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.