IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,895 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 358.
#9251 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Just read up on these, since I do plan to get the expression kit when it is ready from Stern. Kinda sucks that they are only drop in compatible with LE games. Lots of folks find the factory speakers just fine and don't change them out.

If I understand what you're saying, you have the 4" speakers and plan to stick with them? If so, then know that I'm looking into a possible way to make it work with the smaller 4" speakers, but I wasn't expecting much demand for that since only the LE's have EL kits in them and the Rush EL kits aren't available yet (though the LZ kits work in Rush, for people that want to go that route). But if there is demand for a 4" speaker option, then I can make that a fast-follow priority.

#9252 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

If I understand what you're saying, you have the 4" speakers and plan to stick with them? If so, then know that I'm looking into a possible way to make it work with the smaller 4" speakers, but I wasn't expecting much demand for that since only the LE's have EL kits in them and the Rush EL kits aren't available yet (though the LZ kits work in Rush, for people that want to go that route). But if there is demand for a 4" speaker option, then I can make that a fast-follow priority.

Definitely. I plan to get the expression light kit. Still baffling that it's not available yet from Stern. I'm not an audiofile and I've owned many band themed pins and have always thought they sounded fine, especially the Spike games. I just figured all games except LEs come with the 4" and you are excluding them right out of the gate.

#9253 1 year ago

I had the music activated lights for my Beatles and liked how the whole rectangle was lit. That is what I was wanting, not a 4" ring light kit, instead I was wondering if you would make one for the whole rectangle similar to speakerlightkits

#9254 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Definitely. I plan to get the expression light kit. Still baffling that it's not available yet from Stern. I'm not an audiofile and I've owned many band themed pins and have always thought they sounded fine, especially the Spike games. I just figured all games except LEs come with the 4" and you are excluding them right out of the gate.

Quoted from JustJared:

I had the music activated lights for my Beatles and liked how the whole rectangle was lit. That is what I was wanting, not a 4" ring light kit, instead I was wondering if you would make one for the whole rectangle similar to speakerlightkits

Thank you both for the feedback.

For what it's worth, I didn't set out to exclude 4" speakers. The problem comes down to light count. I have to get 48 LEDs evenly distributed around the speaker. With a 5.25" speaker, the fit was just cosmically aligned with readily available LED products on the market, which allowed me to bring this to fruition much faster if I focused on the 5.25" speakers at first. When it comes to the 4" speakers, there is no way to get those existing LED products to fit properly around a rectangle - or circle - of that size. So there's two options, 1) you'd need to get a 5.25" speaker plate set from speakerlightkits, install our speaker lights, then I'd have to come up with some sort of 5.25" to 4" adapter (which would be easy enough to do) to hold the factory 4" speakers, but that may look goofy (or it may look fine, in fact it might look really nice, but I haven't made a prototype to find out). Or 2) completely design a new product using fewer off-the-shelf parts, which would make it more complex to produce, but would work with the rectangular space of the 4" speakers. I'm certainly open to both, but option 1 was the short path I had been primarily considering. Option 2 would probably have to wait until the initial rush on these kits slows down, so probably a few months out, at least.

If you folks think you'd be interested in the first option, I could whip that up and demo it pretty quickly. Otherwise, I'm happy to go down the longer path, in fact, it'll be a fun project to work on, but it'll be a while before it's available.

#9255 1 year ago

Just finished up a good session…man this game is just fun! Made it to Cx-1 and Cx-2 on ball one but with the help of all the extra balls.

7B1B7A38-0210-42E8-9B08-B2E3D15DFB18.jpeg7B1B7A38-0210-42E8-9B08-B2E3D15DFB18.jpegA49FE8B5-D7CC-4A26-8AF1-6575BC7831D1.jpegA49FE8B5-D7CC-4A26-8AF1-6575BC7831D1.jpeg

#9256 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

So with the help of a fellow pinsider Kevin (Thank You!) it looks like I’ll be taking out the Stern Scoop fix with the black Rubber nubs and going with the ninja scoop protector in a couple weeks - how is everyone’s holding up after 100’s of plays? And I Still can’t decide on what color for my LE!

Sounds like I'm too late (you said presto purple) but I vote gold all the way!

20220902_003034 (resized).jpg20220902_003034 (resized).jpg
#9257 1 year ago

Has anyone gotten the Big Money 10x jackpot achievement yet? And if so……HOW??

I have 82/88 done so far, and that’s one of the last few I need and can’t figure it out.

The best I’ve gotten so far is up to 8x, but then the arrows don’t light up anymore to get the last 2 multipliers.

02A1BB23-96D3-48AF-8A41-6818AC563A06 (resized).jpeg02A1BB23-96D3-48AF-8A41-6818AC563A06 (resized).jpeg
#9258 1 year ago

Can someone explain (probably again, but I couldn't find it) how all the flashers are supposed to work? I noticed last night for the first time that one on the left lights when the diverter is set that way, but I don't see one lighting similarly on the right. Wondering if something is busted, but not sure what/if something does light on that side.

Oh, and after a a couple hundred games I still haven't bothered to figure out what the three lights on the time machine indicate, even though I installed that (awesome) space coast upgrade on the crappy exposed bulbs, lol.

#9259 1 year ago

Also: scoring strategies? Really enjoying the game and have broken a bil a couple times, but I've also had games that went on forever and felt like I was killing it that wound up with like 500-600m. Finished four modes the other night like that. Feel like I'm probably missing something with instruments or albums and multipliers.

It's so damn fun when you get it rolling I hardly care about the score though, lol. Can't even put my finger on why I dig it so much, not a huge rush fan either.

#9260 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Can someone explain (probably again, but I couldn't find it) how all the flashers are supposed to work? I noticed last night for the first time that one on the left lights when the diverter is set that way, but I don't see one lighting similarly on the right. Wondering if something is busted, but not sure what/if something does light on that side.
Oh, and after a a couple hundred games I still haven't bothered to figure out what the three lights on the time machine indicate, even though I installed that (awesome) space coast upgrade on the crappy exposed bulbs, lol.

If your right flasher never comes on that is an issue. When you have the diverter set to feed the right, it should be pulsing.

The red time machine light blinks when a mode is ready to start. In mode, it blinks when it is lit for a mode shot.
Orange light I believe is combo jackpot. When it blinks, you shoot, then if feeds the upper flipper for you to cash that in at the side ramp.
Green light blinks when a multiball is ready at the time machine.

#9261 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Oh, and after a a couple hundred games I still haven't bothered to figure out what the three lights on the time machine indicate ...

#9262 1 year ago
Quoted from JustJared:

Not sure if Myth Pinball has any plans to tap into the EL feed as NinjaCamp has done, MythMaker may have it on his list. He certainly has enough LEDs in his kit and they're already addressable.

#9263 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Really simple… one is song mode ready… one is combo ready to collect… the green is multiball ready (when blinking)

#9264 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Not sure if Myth Pinball has any plans to tap into the EL feed as NinjaCamp has done, MythMaker may have it on his list. He certainly has enough LEDs in his kit and they're already addressable.

160 LEDs is actually far too many. You'd have 64 of them unlit, all on one side, creating a big dead zone. That kit would also have to be totally reworked to do the job. As I said above, I do want to get to this solution... I already know exactly how it would work and what I'd have to do for it... It's just a question of bandwidth right now.

#9265 1 year ago

160 LEDs is actually far too many. You'd have 64 of them unlit, all on one side, creating a big dead zone. That kit would also have to be totally reworked to do the job. As I said above, I do want to get to this solution... I already know exactly how it would work and what I'd have to do for it... It's just a question of bandwidth right now.

Far to many LEDs to match 1-to-1 with the ELs, but I wouldn't put it past Brain to intercept the serial feed and manipulate it to have some of the lights go 2-to-1 or maybe 3-to-1 to have it fully utilize what is in there. He's already got some sort of processing logic going on in the sound activated control box, might be feasible for it to do this additional processing.

@outpostkodelia, in no way am I looking to discourage you on getting your future solutions out. I'm definitely excited for what you've come up with already and appreciate the quality and service you and the NC team provide!

#9266 1 year ago

I don't know if its a code "glitch" but has anyone else had this issue: when hitting the "RUSH" ramp and collecting the "1" (for the 1-2-3 combo) then hitting the right orbit for the "2" the game spots me the "3" (never even lights one).

#9267 1 year ago
Quoted from Fussa71:

I don't know if its a code "glitch" but has anyone else had this issue: when hitting the "RUSH" ramp and collecting the "1" (for the 1-2-3 combo) then hitting the right orbit for the "2" the game spots me the "3" (never even lights one).

I’ve noticed this also and at first I thought it was a bug but I believe it’s just a 2-way combo.

#9268 1 year ago

Got my LZ Expression Light kit today to install in my Rush Premium. Hopefully this will be a smooth install... looks like my cabinet doesn't have the pre-drilled pilot holes for the 2 boards so I will get to improvise their location a bit.

#9269 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I’ve noticed this also and at first I thought it was a bug but I believe it’s just a 2-way combo.

Correct. The tiltforums rulesheet has them all listed. Hemispheres is the only album that's two shots.

#9270 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Got my LZ Expression Light kit today to install in my Rush Premium. Hopefully this will be a smooth install... looks like my cabinet doesn't have the pre-drilled pilot holes for the 2 boards so I will get to improvise their location a bit.

Pro or Premium? Apparently, I was lucky to get predrilled cabinet holes on mine! Mine is a Premium, btw.

#9271 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Pro or Premium? Apparently, I was lucky to get predrilled cabinet holes on mine! Mine is a Premium, btw.

Mine's a Premium with a March build date

#9272 1 year ago

Question regarding the diverter and action button: according to the rule sheet, when I push the action button (pulsing red) it is supposed to activate the diverter and the flashing red lights on the side signal which side of the playfield the ball will come down, correct? When I push the button, the flashing lights alternate sides, but the ball keeps coming down the same ramp, usually the right ramp 95 percent of the time. Is the diverter not doing the job?

#9273 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Question regarding the diverter and action button: according to the rule sheet, when I push the action button (pulsing red) it is supposed to activate the diverter and the flashing red lights on the side signal which side of the playfield the ball will come down, correct? When I push the button, the flashing lights alternate sides, but the ball keeps coming down the same ramp, usually the right ramp 95 percent of the time. Is the diverter not doing the job?

This happens on mine too. The diverter is working properly, but sometimes a side ramp shot isn't strong enough to cross over and come to the right inlane, for example. It works fine for all 3 of the other possible return feeds. Mine is pretty steep, though. I've wondered if this could be the reason.

#9274 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Pull the glass off and activate the opto with your finger or just roll the ball across it and see if your diverter is operating properly. It should go down (if it’s working correctly) depending on which side you have your diverter set to and which ramp you roll the ball up.

#9275 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Mine's a Premium with a March build date

Hmm, mine's a Premium with a June build date. So it's not a Pro vs. Premium thing. I wonder if Stern forgot to add the holes on the earlier builds of the Pros and Premiums?

#9276 1 year ago

Well, for anyone who was considering the LZ expression lighting kit on their Rush, I strongly encourage you to go through with it. I did mine today in about 30 minutes. The artwork over the light bars definitely is not a totally consistent match for the Rush artwork... but it doesn't matter one bit once you are playing a game! All you really see is the lights and the art sort of disappears.

Thanks to SterlingRush for the detailed pictures, they were much better than those that Stern provided in the kit. Thanks to the others who also blazed this trail and tried something that might not have worked at all... grateful that y'all took the risk.

#9277 1 year ago

So trying out something new this weekend, will report back after a few days. Think I might shift it over to the left, and remove the instruction card, but we’ll see.

Tip for those who may get this, you have to rethink where you grab the playfield to lift, and also how it leans against the back box when upright. Trial and error for this, but love having the extra visual.

4E4EAEDE-6FDB-4BB9-8704-F90E41210AE2 (resized).jpeg4E4EAEDE-6FDB-4BB9-8704-F90E41210AE2 (resized).jpeg819F08D6-8DC9-48C6-87E3-76249A97F5CD (resized).jpeg819F08D6-8DC9-48C6-87E3-76249A97F5CD (resized).jpegB6C967E6-DC31-49E0-A54A-048FBD3A1BFA (resized).jpegB6C967E6-DC31-49E0-A54A-048FBD3A1BFA (resized).jpegBB6EC102-B3BD-4085-8388-F3AC1D950DF5 (resized).jpegBB6EC102-B3BD-4085-8388-F3AC1D950DF5 (resized).jpegFB1A4298-3853-4DD6-AFFB-D7BA7B8A852A (resized).jpegFB1A4298-3853-4DD6-AFFB-D7BA7B8A852A (resized).jpeg
#9278 1 year ago

What the heck??? By whom, and where? Or is this homegrown?

#9279 1 year ago

I joined the club today! Setting up my premium tonight!

#9280 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Well, for anyone who was considering the LZ expression lighting kit on their Rush, I strongly encourage you to go through with it. I did mine today in about 30 minutes. The artwork over the light bars definitely is not a totally consistent match for the Rush artwork... but it doesn't matter one bit once you are playing a game! All you really see is the lights and the art sort of disappears.
Thanks to SterlingRush for the detailed pictures, they were much better than those that Stern provided in the kit. Thanks to the others who also blazed this trail and tried something that might not have worked at all... grateful that y'all took the risk.

This must be Stern's evil plan. Get us all to buy LZ kits, then finally release the Rush kit and they got us for double the money.

#9281 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

What the heck??? By whom, and where? Or is this homegrown?

Pinsight HDD from Cheap Drainz, saw it earlier this week, liked the idea, and it arrived today

Pretty straight forward install, make sure/double sure the directions and visual aids. The apron steps were probably the hardest part, but even then wasn’t too terrible. It’s the handling and being careful of the screen and ribbon cable.

Great communication, fast shipping, a great looking product. Owner is Pinsider Mando.

#9282 1 year ago

Well that is a lot sexier than a sticker over the siezure warning.

#9283 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Has anyone gotten the Big Money 10x jackpot achievement yet? And if so……HOW??
I have 82/88 done so far, and that’s one of the last few I need and can’t figure it out.
The best I’ve gotten so far is up to 8x, but then the arrows don’t light up anymore to get the last 2 multipliers. [quoted image]

I have that achievement, but don't remember how I did it. FYI - I have 80/88

#9284 1 year ago

I absolutely love this game. But I have one issue that drives me insane. Sometimes the time machine launches my ball straight down the middle. It originally happened all the time and I adjusted the pitch and level. I also adjusted the power on the magnet kick out. But it still occurs at a rate of about 1 in in 10 to 15. I looked at the the settings and I don't see a ball save timer for the this issue. So if Stern reads this thread PLEASE put a ball save timer on the time machine kick out! I promise I'll keep buying NIB games.

#9285 1 year ago

Ha ha my buddy was playing RUSH last Night after smoking a lot of weed, had a big game and got #1 and said it was the Red Brushetta multiball that did it. We were all cracking up!

#9286 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Oh one helpful thing for people like me who don't have the pilot holes. How far away from the Vertical ground wire is the node board, and how much space is left between them. I estimated. But I can see in your pictures that my boards are closer together and a little farther back than yours.

I’m sure I’ll be in and out of my machine this weekend, I’ll try to remember to grab measurements.

#9287 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yes you were. Really not too bad but a pia.

#9288 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Hmm, mine's a Premium with a June build date. So it's not a Pro vs. Premium thing. I wonder if Stern forgot to add the holes on the earlier builds of the Pros and Premiums?

Seems likely

#9289 1 year ago

Im having a problem with my drop targets resetting.

wtatumjr posted pics of lit drops and I installed them. Now, when you turn the game on and the drop targets are down, they do not reset. When you go into diagnosis and test it, the drop targets do reset. Any idea's why its not resetting during game-play?

#9290 1 year ago

In regard to the above - the molex connectors have been re-seated. The only other change to the game is a light strip installed just below the drop targaet play field hole. but it does not interfere with the drop target mech.

67844e5ba28d28596637a392f1f7d8405ac7a398 (resized).jpg67844e5ba28d28596637a392f1f7d8405ac7a398 (resized).jpg

#9291 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

Im having a problem with my drop targets resetting.
wtatumjr posted pics of lit drops and I installed them. Now, when you turn the game on and the drop targets are down, they do not reset. When you go into diagnosis and test it, the drop targets do reset. Any idea's why its not resetting during game-play?

I had similar issues with my 3 bank early on... it was physical binding making the reset movement impossible depending on how many targets were down. I could see the metal on metal wear too. Check the force needed to move the reset bar by hand.

#9292 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I had similar issues with my 3 bank early on... it was physical binding making the reset movement impossible depending on how many targets were down. I could see the metal on metal wear too. Check the force needed to move the reset bar by hand.

Thanks! Will do, although prior to changing to clear drop targets, there was no problem...

#9293 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

Thanks! Will do, although prior to changing to clear drop targets, there was no problem...

Simple alignment can cause this kind of binding

#9294 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

Did you paint the opto interrupter tab with some very opaque paint? If not, the machine thinks the targets are up already since the optos are not uninterrupted by the clear drop target material.

#9295 1 year ago

I notice upon plunging the ball, as it first hits the metal plate connecting the wood to the shooting lane ramp its really rough. Does anyone else have this or tried putting a piece of mylar over it to help the plunge? It makes the skill shot attempt very difficult.

#9296 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Did you paint the opto interrupter tab with some very opaque paint? If not, the machine thinks the targets are up already since the optos are not uninterrupted by the clear drop target material.

Correct - the trigger tab must be opaqued when switching to clear drops, when the drops are opto controlled .

#9297 1 year ago

I used a sharpie to color the tabs, but I will use something opaque tomorrow.!

#9298 1 year ago

Ged, Alex, and Grohl doing a few numbers y'all might recognize at the Taylor Hawkins tribute show

(3 hrs 48 mins in if the timestamp doesn't translate)

EDIT: Looks like it's been set to private, apparently it'll be on Paramount+.

#9299 1 year ago
Quoted from JustJared:

I notice upon plunging the ball, as it first hits the metal plate connecting the wood to the shooting lane ramp its really rough. Does anyone else have this or tried putting a piece of mylar over it to help the plunge? It makes the skill shot attempt very difficult.

I think I need the ninja camp mod for this

#9300 1 year ago

Stuck ball even after ball search. I'm sure someone else has had this. What's the fix?

20220903_204028 (resized).jpg20220903_204028 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 35.00
6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
There are 17,895 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/186?hl=kbenson13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.