20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg
20240319_194051 (resized).jpg
IMG_5172 (resized).jpeg
20240313_124509 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_232015126 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230406999 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 357.
#9101 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

It does just pop in there in a somewhat obvious way... but my personal experience was that I was just starting to think up new cuss words (after using up all the ones I knew) before it finally magically popped into place. It does take some force to make the cutout part of the back of it sit down on the wire in the shooter lane that it fits onto.

Do you have a picture of yours installed by any chance? If not, it's no big deal...

#9102 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Do you have a picture of yours installed by any chance? If not, it's no big deal...

Hard to get a good pic…. But this is mine:

80F7DF0B-A92B-49B1-9BD6-513E7F964A7A (resized).jpeg80F7DF0B-A92B-49B1-9BD6-513E7F964A7A (resized).jpeg
#9103 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Put the field on the service rails and prop the back up with a 2x4 so the playfield is above the sides of cabinet, remove the nut on sling holding right ramp so you can slide the ramp inwards. Gives you lots more room to work. Then it just snaps on. 2x4 idea came from skyking to install barchetta

#9104 1 year ago

On my machine I recently noticed some flickering in the lights in the lower half of the game. Upon closer inspection I noticed that all of the white GI bulbs are dimmer than the others and will flicker sometimes during a game. I checked under the playfield real quick and didn't seem to see any chafing where the wires go under the flipper mechs. Any other ideas of what to check? All white GI bulbs in the lower portion of the playfield appear to be affected.

PXL_20220826_120739471 (resized).jpgPXL_20220826_120739471 (resized).jpgPXL_20220826_120753425 (resized).jpgPXL_20220826_120753425 (resized).jpg

#9105 1 year ago
Quoted from H3XAG0N:

On my machine I recently noticed some flickering in the lights in the lower half of the game. Upon closer inspection I noticed that all of the white GI bulbs are dimmer than the others and will flicker sometimes during a game. I checked under the playfield real quick and didn't seem to see any chafing where the wires go under the flipper mechs. Any other ideas of what to check? All white GI bulbs in the lower portion of the playfield appear to be affected.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Three questions to start:
-Have you ran the lamp test yet? If so, still seeing similar issue, or do they operate as they should during the test?

-Add any lighted mods that are pulling off the GI path?

-Any recent work under the playfield, where any wires might have been pinched or snagged?

#9106 1 year ago

Anyone having issues with the game rebooting from time to time? I have not had it happen during game play, but noticed a few times when is on and not being played, that it re-boots.

#9107 1 year ago
Quoted from Ghosters:

Anyone having issues with the game rebooting from time to time? I have not had it happen during game play, but noticed a few times when is on and not being played, that it re-boots.

A friend who plays a lot more location games told me that all the Stern's at a local place were having reset issues after the new updates. He saw it happening after a good game when it was time to enter the initials, but instead, it reset.

#9108 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Three questions to start:
-Have you ran the lamp test yet? If so, still seeing similar issue, or do they operate as they should during the test?
-Add any lighted mods that are pulling off the GI path?
-Any recent work under the playfield, where any wires might have been pinched or snagged?

During lamp test they are lighting up but are flickering somewhat. Again, only the lower playfield white GIs.
No powered mods.
No recent work under playfield.

#9109 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Hard to get a good pic…. But this is mine:[quoted image]

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Put the field on the service rails and prop the back up with a 2x4 so the playfield is above the sides of cabinet, remove the nut on sling holding right ramp so you can slide the ramp inwards. Gives you lots more room to work. Then it just snaps on. 2x4 idea came from skyking to install barchetta

Thanks Guys.

Going to look into it tomorrow when I install the scoop protector as well as a few other things.

#9110 1 year ago
Quoted from H3XAG0N:

During lamp test they are lighting up but are flickering somewhat. Again, only the lower playfield white GIs.
No powered mods.

I’m not in front of my machine right now, so spitballing:

-Check connector at the board(s), make sure it’s snug.
-follow the wiring for the GI, between back box and playfield lights, make sure there isn’t a zip tie that’s too tight, or any other visual issues.
-Reseat the bulbs and/or try different LEDs to see if issues remain.

Since it’s affecting all of your white GI, it has to be something where signal all comes together, a common place. Hence, checking connector or pins in the connector first.

I’ll let others chime in, as I don’t have the schematics or the playfield in front of me.

Start with the easy stuff first, hopefully it’s not some small piece of debris in one of the sockets. I know another owner ran into something similar, and it took him awhile to find it. Good luck my friend!

#9111 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Hey zebpin61 what's up with the spiderwebbed insert?[quoted image]

SkyKing2301 Good question, had me go check out all my RUSH insets. Appears it's just an optical illusion on the photo: The inserts all have a slight "modeling" that appears clear either unlit or illuminated. Thanks for asking though as it prompted me to look closer and appreciate the finer details. Have a great pinball weekend!

20220826_085954 (resized).jpg20220826_085954 (resized).jpg
#9112 1 year ago
Quoted from erockyoulikea:

I'm getting intermittent rejects on the Super Jackpot gate - any tips on getting it to not stick? I thought I had seen someone post about this before, but my search skills are failing me.
[quoted image]

I have the same issues and am hopeful someone has some suggestions on how to mitigate this. It's super frustrating when the gate sticks and my shot rejects. I have a hard enough time making that shot!

#9113 1 year ago

-Check connector at the board(s), make sure it’s snug.

It was a pin backing out of a connector on the node board that controls the lower half. Got the pin back in and re-mated the connector and when I booted it back up all the lights were bright and happy. The game must've liked that because on my next play I scored 1.7 bil and was able to start Cygnus book 1! Thanks for your help.

#9114 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

A friend who plays a lot more location games told me that all the Stern's at a local place were having reset issues after the new updates. He saw it happening after a good game when it was time to enter the initials, but instead, it reset.

Stern indicated that it might be an insider connected issue. I just had new internet service installed and didn't connect the game to it and the old service is now disconnected. I have connected to the new access point and will see if the issue persists.

#9115 1 year ago
Quoted from H3XAG0N:

No powered mods.

This could be the beginnings of issues that cropped up on the LEs early on. The cover on the wiring running under the flipper brackets was worn through causing a short.

Have you had any issues with your flippers losing power or going dead when the lower playfield lights flicker?

#9116 1 year ago
Quoted from Ghosters:

Stern indicated that it might be an insider connected issue. I just had new internet service installed and didn't connect the game to it and the old service is now disconnected. I have connected to the new access point and will see if the issue persists.

yes, locally the common trend is older games that are not IC connected, but running the newest code have been experiencing resets.

#9117 1 year ago
Quoted from kbenson13:

I have the same issues and am hopeful someone has some suggestions on how to mitigate this. It's super frustrating when the gate sticks and my shot rejects. I have a hard enough time making that shot!

What gate sticks? Confused.

#9118 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

What gate sticks? Confused.

I think he might mean the wire switch under the super jackpot sign, that registers the entrance to the ramp. It is kind of a gate that swings both ways, I suppose.

#9119 1 year ago
Quoted from erockyoulikea:

I'm getting intermittent rejects on the Super Jackpot gate - any tips on getting it to not stick? I thought I had seen someone post about this before, but my search skills are failing me.
[quoted image]

I started getting that same reject. Super frustrating. Doesn’t always happen but often enough. Would love to know a fix.

#9120 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I started getting that same reject. Super frustrating. Doesn’t always happen but often enough. Would love to know a fix.

Me too, especially on a hard shot from the left orbit. I haven’t looked into what the ball is hitting.

#9121 1 year ago

Anyone able to unlock Cygnus book 2 yet??!!

#9122 1 year ago
Quoted from Ghosters:

I've had that happen a few times, but I chocked it up to still running original code.

#9123 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

What does your VUK dead end look like? It sounds like Stern must've changed something with the design if you and others aren't getting rejects anymore.

March 22 Premium build. No issues with vuk reject > 500 games Until I installed the NC protector. Did have inner loop not always scoring till I installed MRS-Rush (Magnetic Reed Switch) from @sonic. I enabled the side scoop Immediately, and had < 5 ball searches in - 500 games. Since Stern fix had zero issues. I do have some ball wobble, and the NC fix does help, but removed it because I felt it might be inhibiting shots towards bumpers (eg drum solo). In over 1K games, have had a ball stick at top of ramp (usually in MB) about. 4x.

#9124 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

This could be the beginnings of issues that cropped up on the LEs early on. The cover on the wiring running under the flipper brackets was worn through causing a short.
Have you had any issues with your flippers losing power or going dead when the lower playfield lights flicker?

Yes, but it was on my mandalorian. My strategy was to replace the flickering bulb with a new comet bulb and adjust the ears on the sockets to make sure they aren't touching anything. Stern said the issue can be caused by either the bulb or the socket.

#9125 1 year ago
Quoted from bouche03:

Anyone able to unlock Cygnus book 2 yet??!!

Yup I did it about a month ago. Always focus on collecting records until you light the Time Machine. Ignore all other shots that do not help to progress to your goal. You have the LE, keep in mind that the VUK shot on the prem/LE is the safest shot in the game, always take it when lit for progress. For Working Man, always use the left orbit > hold upper flipper > bounce into side scoop for two shots in one (and a safe feed out of the scoop). For La Villa Strangiato you can repeat the upper loop for shots 8-11, very helpful. For Limelight, the faster blinking lights will give you more fame and faster progress.

It seems like an impossible goal to beat all 6 modes, but if you can beat 3 or 4 of them consistenty, it's only a matter of time until you have a good game and take down all 6.

#9126 1 year ago

Happy 69th birthday to Alex Lifeson!

#9127 1 year ago

So, having my Rush Premium machine now for a month and over 500 plays, I had two major defects as delivered. The Lift Ramp didn't work right, losing power to it allowing the ball to bump the ramp down. After a lot of E-Mails, it looks like a bad Node 10 board. So, a wait for that. Also, the lower left drain trough light was inop. Turns out it was improperly wired, so awaiting a fix on that. I deactivated the ramp after constantly having to go into the service menu to reset it. The jumping balls being launched from a slightly lowered ramp didn't do the table any favors. That said, as a huge Rush fan, this table is heaven!

-Ski

#9128 1 year ago

I've been looking for a place to put these guys for years! I finally found it.

-Ski

PXL_20220827_181932728 (resized).jpgPXL_20220827_181932728 (resized).jpg
#9129 1 year ago

Happy Saturday Rush fans. Borg says Hi

20220827_165358 (resized).jpg20220827_165358 (resized).jpg
#9130 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Happy Saturday Rush fans. Borg says Hi
[quoted image]

Cheers

#9131 1 year ago

The hand on my clock no longer moves. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to trouble shoot this?

#9132 1 year ago
Screenshot_20220827-191914 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220827-191914 (resized).png
#9134 1 year ago

A friend got this light up mod for me. If I wanted to mount it above the scoops, where is a recommend spot to attach the clips? It is Supposed to run on standard lamp voltage. Thanks ahead of time.

7E5F1A69-D77E-4031-82CB-EB0FC79062B8 (resized).jpeg7E5F1A69-D77E-4031-82CB-EB0FC79062B8 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9135 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

It blows my mind that this game has soooo many mechanical/physical issues that affect literally every game and was still released.
The shooter lane
The inner loop
The dead-end VUK rejects
The side scoop switch
Then issues that seem to impact a lot of people, like the Node 10 board issue.
You'd think these would've come up during play testing since they aren't machine specific.

I've typed up dozens of rants then deleted them before posting because I like to stay as positive as possible. Not easy in the current enviornment of inflated prices and low quality.

Truth is Stern (JJP too) is really dropping the ball a lot. I won't put the Rush Pro I have on location bc I haven't been able to go 25 consecutive plays without taking the glass off to fetch a stuck ball. I've had to dissemble and adjust major components to get them working. The upper parts of the PF are a mess of bad geometry.

The code is fun. The layout concept is excellent. The assembled product is just not great.

It's shouting at the rain. Maybe Stern will one day hear us and put more care into the games before boxing them up and stamping them done.

Probably not, though.

#9136 1 year ago
Quoted from Wicked-Flip:

I've typed up dozens of rants then deleted them before posting because I like to stay as positive as possible. Not easy in the current enviornment of inflated prices and low quality.
Truth is Stern (JJP too) is really dropping the ball a lot. I won't put the Rush Pro I have on location bc I haven't been able to go 25 consecutive plays without taking the glass off to fetch a stuck ball. I've had to dissemble and adjust major components to get them working. The upper parts of the PF are a mess of bad geometry.
The code is fun. The layout concept is excellent. The assembled product is just not great.
It's shouting at the rain. Maybe Stern will one day hear us and put more care into the games before boxing them up and stamping them done.
Probably not, though.

Kind of surprised to hear this. My Rush LE build has been solid...the only stuck balls I get are on the moving ramp (and a ball search takes care of that). Since the Pro's typically have less mechs they are usually more solid than the Premium's/LE's. As far as geometry goes, my Rush rocks...one of the best shooting games ever (and I have a Borg heavy lineup). MUCH kinder and gentler than TRON...

#9137 1 year ago

Mine has been trouble free- a great and worthy addition to Aerosmith, Iron Maiden, LZ.

#9138 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

It does just pop in there in a somewhat obvious way... but my personal experience was that I was just starting to think up new cuss words (after using up all the ones I knew) before it finally magically popped into place. It does take some force to make the cutout part of the back of it sit down on the wire in the shooter lane that it fits onto.

I installed mine yesterday with no issues at all. I did not have to remove anything and it popped in with ease, not fighting with it.

It 100% correct the issues, no other adjustments need.

#9139 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I installed mine yesterday with no issues at all. I did not have to remove anything and it popped in with ease, not fighting with it.
It 100% correct the issues, no other adjustments need.

It's funny, as many as I've installed, some pop right on, some feel ridiculously difficult until they suddenly magically go on easy as if it was just pulling your leg at first to have a good laugh at you, lol. I think the trick is to start with the short "down" part of the groove, wrap it up around the bend, then push the long groove on. But honestly I'm not sure if that's it or not. I'm just glad that the vast majority of you are finding that the shooter rattle fix is working out well. I found that "feature" to be so very frustrating, especially when they changed the code to kill your skillshot after a failed plunge... insult to injury, but no more.

#9140 1 year ago

Just wanted to give a shoutout to Dan from Pinwoofer, he was correct with the GLI(Ground Loop Isolator), it solved the small audio issue I was having. Not to mention his great customer service, the guy goes above and beyond with communicating to his customers.

For anyone thinking of adding this setup to their machine(Rush or other), I’d recommend just ordering the GLI along with the speaker kit. You may/may not need it, but it would be better to have it on hand vs having to wait additional time for it to arrive. For a few bucks more, it’s worth having it. Also, if you move or sell the machine, your new location might need it. Just my two cents.

Anyway, great customer service, great product, and great addition to the pinball community. Thanks Dan!

#9141 1 year ago

Just wanted to give a shoutout to Dan from Pinwoofer, he was correct with the GLI(Ground Loop Isolator), it solved the small audio issue I was having. Not to mention his great customer service, the guy goes above and beyond with communicating to his customers.
For anyone thinking of adding this setup to their machine(Rush or other), I’d recommend just ordering the GLI along with the speaker kit. You may/may not need it, but it would be better to have it on hand vs having to wait additional time for it to arrive. For a few bucks more, it’s worth having it. Also, if you move or sell the machine, your new location might need it. Just my two cents.
Anyway, great customer service, great product, and great addition to the pinball community. Thanks Dan!

I've put pinwoofers on 8 pins now, and rush is the best sound improvement by far. All were far better, but Rush is heads above. I highly recommend guys check this out!

#9142 1 year ago

Here's a question that I'm sure has been answered, but I cannot find it because a search for the significant words has too many hits inside this topic, and on the web.

I hate starting La Villa Strangiato via the Time Machine because I cannot finish it. I'm running the latest code (0.98). I get to a point in the 2nd half of the progression and there are no more purple arrows telling me what to do, just the jazzy soft music playing in the background. Is this a code error? Or am I just missing an arrow - like maybe the arrow for the upper flipper shot is not obvious? I'm about to take the glass off in order to see if it can be completed.

Anyhow, can one finish the mode?

#9143 1 year ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Here's a question that I'm sure has been answered, but I cannot find it because a search for the significant words has too many hits inside this topic, and on the web.
I hate starting La Villa Strangiato via the Time Machine because I cannot finish it. I'm running the latest code (0.98). I get to a point in the 2nd half of the progression and there are no more purple arrows telling me what to do, just the jazzy soft music playing in the background. Is this a code error? Or am I just missing an arrow - like maybe the arrow for the upper flipper shot is not obvious? I'm about to take the glass off in order to see if it can be completed.

Have you checked the rules? You probably just need to shoot the time machine.

#9144 1 year ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Here’s a link to the rule sheet. It lists the shots. https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Rush-Rulesheet.pdf

#9145 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Kind of surprised to hear this. My Rush LE build has been solid...the only stuck balls I get are on the moving ramp (and a ball search takes care of that). Since the Pro's typically have less mechs they are usually more solid than the Premium's/LE's. As far as geometry goes, my Rush rocks...one of the best shooting games ever (and I have a Borg heavy lineup). MUCH kinder and gentler than TRON...

Yeah I always regret whinging about things. Apologies to the community. The Pro I picked up has been a pain in the ass, though. It's a mess.

What triggered that last post was I spent the whole work day working on the scoop mech because it's wedged into the pop bumper ring. I thought I had that sorted weeks ago but it got stuck again so I had to take it apart for the second time. I was irritated. Pretty sure the ball is bending the scoop or possibly moving the whole assembly over time. I dunno.

Glad yours was assembled with care. I've had to tweak almost everything and I'm still dialing stuff in. I got most of the shots from the lower flippers working (backhanding the spinner is still not right but at least I got it as a low % doable shot.. sort of)

My game still has major issues with the upper flipper shots. The ramp shot is a mess. It's just bashing the ramp wall and bouncing back like 19 of 20 attempts. Tried adjusting the flipper angle a few times. No luck. Went through all the flipper power settings. No luck. I'm admittedly stumped what's wrong there. The geometry is off somewhere. The loop is a mess too. I played a premium the other day and was looping to 3 million pretty consistently. Im Lucky to hit that one time in 3 balls on my pro and when you do it exits all bouncy preventing consecutive loops. (Have a part in the mail I'm hoping will fix that)

I'm getting stuck balls in the loop a ton and sometimes the ball falls out the TM into the orbit and gets stuck. Frequent enough that for now I can't send it out. Its cool, though. I have room for it here and I still like flipping it despite the fact I make up new swear words every game I play.

So.. yeah. Sorry for whinging but sometimes you just have to vent, ya know. Fucking stern quality sucks ass. I'm not pulling that punch anymore.

#9146 1 year ago

So I finally did it!!! I’ve joined the billion point club! Before this my best game was around 650 million. It was an amazing game. I got 4-6 song modes complete and made it to Cygnus X-1 for the second time. It was an absolute blast and took forever! I loved every second of it!!! I was so dialed in (for me) and it was incredible. When hitting your shots the games flow is ridiculously good and immensely satisfying. For my first few months of ownership I sincerely thought I’d never get there. And I may never get there again. But it will now be pretty tough for someone to take down the high score on my machine!

This may be crazy but I’m enjoying Rush MORE than my GZ right now. Sounds crazy but Rush offers more variety and fluidity. The game flow is great but you also can just “go with the flow” and take on whatever modes, combos and multi balls that present themselves. Honestly GZ feels a bit rote in comparison (but it is still absolutely incredible but to be clear). I feel very lucky and fortunate to own both games. We are in a pinball golden age!

157E8EDA-32FA-4BB5-B1AF-B4C9718D553E (resized).jpeg157E8EDA-32FA-4BB5-B1AF-B4C9718D553E (resized).jpeg
#9147 1 year ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

More than likely it’s either an inner loop shot you cannot see or it’s the time machine shot. I don’t love this mode either. Even when it’s clear what you have to shoot, it’s tough to make all 12 shots without draining!

#9148 1 year ago
Quoted from kbenson13:

More than likely it’s either an inner loop shot you cannot see or it’s the time machine shot. I don’t love this mode either. Even when it’s clear what you have to shoot, it’s tough to make all 12 shots without draining!

Yeah, I hate that you have to start with the 2 shots to right ramp. That's one of my most difficult shots to hit consistently, and it's death when you bounce off those stand ups at high speed.

#9149 1 year ago

Constant side drains.

#9150 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've put pinwoofers on 8 pins now, and rush is the best sound improvement by far. All were far better, but Rush is heads above. I highly recommend guys check this out!

I added a Lepai amp to my LE and I had a flipper fidelity sub I wasn’t using. Definitely a nice improvement in my opinion.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer
Backbox
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Algonquin, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 357.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/183?hl=kbenson13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.