IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 358.
#8901 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaqatak:

My second issue on my Rush premium is that one of the decals on the stand up at the bottom of the right ramp fell off and landed on the playfield and stuck to it. I got it off and cleaned the playfield but when I stick it back on it fell off again. It seems to have lost its adhesiveness. Any idea on what would would be the best to use to stick it back on with?

Happened to me too. I used 3M spray mount. Just give the back of the sticker a spray, wait about 30 seconds and press back in place. Mine has stayed in place just fine after that.

#8902 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaqatak:

Hi everyone, I have two small issues I need help with. Both totally different so I will make two posts. My Rush premium is not autoplunging the ball anymore after a failed short plunge on the skill shot. I think this happened after the 0.98 update. I thought it may be a setting but could not find it. Any help would be appreciated.

I believe that was disabled with latest code release, go back and read through the Read Me file for the update. I’m not 100% positive without looking, but I know it’s mentioned a few pages back.

#8903 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaqatak:

Hi everyone, I have two small issues I need help with. Both totally different so I will make two posts. My Rush premium is not autoplunging the ball anymore after a failed short plunge on the skill shot. I think this happened after the 0.98 update. I thought it may be a setting but could not find it. Any help would be appreciated.

This is the new default. I don't love it, but it is what it is. I don't know if there's a setting to change this behavior.

#8904 1 year ago
Quoted from Boslaw:This is the new default. I don't love it, but it is what it is. I don't know if there's a setting to change this behavior.

I totally agree. I wish Stern would put in an adjustment setting...skill shot on/off.

#8905 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I totally agree. I wish Stern would put in an adjustment setting...skill shot on/off.

This isn't related to the skillshot though, it's just related to the auto plunge. A lot of people were complaining in the past about how the game kept auto plunging them as soon as the plunge rattled/etc. Having a setting to not disable the skillshot after hitting the switch twice would be nice, but it's a separate issue.

#8906 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

This isn't related to the skillshot though, it's just related to the auto plunge. A lot of people were complaining in the past about how the game kept auto plunging them as soon as the plunge rattled/etc. Having a setting to not disable the skillshot after hitting the switch twice would be nice, but it's a separate issue.

What's weird about the post .98 behavior is that after you take your manual plunger shot, even if you get the ball onto the playfield, the auto plunger weapon button stays lit for a way longer time than necessary. It was confusing the first few times I played after the update and it's still a little weird now that I'm used to the behavior.

#8907 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaqatak:

This is an intentional feature change. I don't think there is an adjustment for it. You could always send RayDay a PM, and get confirmation. He posted in this thread a few pages back. So he might respond.

#8908 1 year ago

LOL. That got us posting. By the time I sent my answer 4 other people had too. Whoops!

#8909 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

LOL. That got us posting. By the time I sent my answer 4 other people had too. Whoops!

Haha! Thanks everybody. You are all awesome.

#8910 1 year ago

The new software seems to have a bad bug with the freewill add a ball limit - it never seems to reset the counter! You can start a fresh game and start freewill multiball and not be eligable for any add-a-balls despite not having any previously due to counter being left from a previous game.

I’ve emailed [email protected] but if there is a better place please let me know.

#8911 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

What's the option number?

Look at standard option #79 to turn off the tilt when the coin door is open. Will help you clear a lot of stuck balls without removing the bar and glass.

20220816_195412 (resized).jpg20220816_195412 (resized).jpg
#8912 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Look at standard option #79 to turn off the tilt when the coin door is open. Will help you clear a lot of stuck balls without removing the bar and glass.
[quoted image]

Interesting, but wouldn't it just be more sensible for the code to (automatically) disable tilt coincident with a "ball search" kicking in? (and re-enbale tilt once the ball(s) is found).

#8913 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Interesting, but wouldn't it just be more sensible for the code to (automatically) disable tilt coincident with a "ball search" kicking in? (and re-enbale tilt once the ball(s) is found).

I believe the rationale is that ops might not want people being able to tilt the machine to clear a stuck ball, so it's left as an adjustment for people to choose how they want to handle it.

#8914 1 year ago

I posted this before, but thought the Ninja Camp mod would solve it, and since it didn't, I'll try posting again to see if anyone has had this issue.

When I do a full plunge, or auto plunge, roughly 60% of the time the ball gets hung up by hitting the exit side of the spinner shot. In other words, it hits that area, deadens, and drops to the upper flipper. It's nice that my game is trying to help me even more with the skill shot, but ultimately it's annoying as it shouldn't be doing this.

I tried the Ninja mod in the shooter lane, but that had no effect. I think b/c that's designed for "shooter lane rattle" or whatever, but that doesn't seem to be my issue. The ball seems to move through the shooter lane smoothly. The only issue is when it exits it and hits that area I described above, rather than smoothly going around the orbit.

It's also not the plunger itself, as the auto plunge has the same effect.

Ultimately, I think I'll have to set up a slow-mo video of it, but before I go through that hassle, I figured I'd check to see if anyone else has and solved this issue, thanks!

#8915 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I posted this before, but thought the Ninja Camp mod would solve it, and since it didn't, I'll try posting again to see if anyone has had this issue.
When I do a full plunge, or auto plunge, roughly 60% of the time the ball gets hung up by hitting the exit side of the spinner shot. In other words, it hits that area, deadens, and drops to the upper flipper. It's nice that my game is trying to help me even more with the skill shot, but ultimately it's annoying as it shouldn't be doing this.
I tried the Ninja mod in the shooter lane, but that had no effect. I think b/c that's designed for "shooter lane rattle" or whatever, but that doesn't seem to be my issue. The ball seems to move through the shooter lane smoothly. The only issue is when it exits it and hits that area I described above, rather than smoothly going around the orbit.
It's also not the plunger itself, as the auto plunge has the same effect.
Ultimately, I think I'll have to set up a slow-mo video of it, but before I go through that hassle, I figured I'd check to see if anyone else has and solved this issue, thanks!

The first thing I would think is you aren't getting a clean plunge, free of rattling. This seems to be a common issue on Rush. I had to completely reposition my shooter housing and mess with the forks to make it clean. If the ball isn't rattling before it exits, the shooter lane, I'd suspect that the spinner lane guide rail needs to be adjusted. Seems like it may be too proud and interfering with the ball path. Do you ever have issues hitting the right orbit and having the spinner ball guide cause a slow down or reject?

#8916 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Seems like it may be too proud and interfering with the ball path. Do you ever have issues hitting the right orbit and having the spinner ball guide cause a slow down or reject?

This may be it. Sometimes a right orbit shot isn't clean either.

So you're thinking I should bend that spinner rail guide a bit inwards towards the playfield, so it doesn't protrude as much?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8917 1 year ago

This may be it. Sometimes a right orbit shot isn't clean either.
So you're thinking I should bend that spinner rail guide a bit inwards towards the playfield, so it doesn't protrude as much?

Yes, I think maybe the area in red needs to go left a bit. Might be as simple as loosening the nuts underneath and pushing it over, then tighten back up.

rushguide (resized).pngrushguide (resized).png
#8918 1 year ago

Weird.... Take a look at my pic. That's what it's hitting (I can even see ball marks on it).

I can't even see that piece in your pic!

20220817_100823 (resized).jpg20220817_100823 (resized).jpg
#8919 1 year ago

Weird.... Take a look at my pic. That's what it's hitting (I can even see ball marks on it).
I can't even see that piece in your pic!
[quoted image]

I wonder if you have some sort of deformity in or around the circled area that's deflecting the ball into the rail. I think you just didn't see the rail in the previous photo because of the angle and low lighting, but it's there and you can see it here. The only other thing I could think of is that the rail may be "leaning" to the right, causing it to interfere, but it doesn't look to be in your photo. That rail isn't bolted under the playfield like the metal ball guide in front of it, so the loosen-and-scoot trick won't work here. If it's bent right, you'll need to bend it to the left with physical pressure directly on the rail in the leftward direction, but that'll be a really tricky spot to work in.

But yeah, this isn't something our shooter lane fix will resolve. That part was intended to address the ball rattling in the lane as it goes past the upper flipper gap, which messes up your skill shot.

IMG_1840 (resized).jpgIMG_1840 (resized).jpg
#8920 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

I wonder if you have some sort of deformity in or around the circled area that's deflecting the ball into the rail.

Thanks for the pic!

I think I'll have to follow through on the slow-mo capture to see exactly what's going on in my game...

I'll take a pic of the circled area on mine and will post shortly.

#8921 1 year ago

Not the greatest pic, but I'm struggling to see any issues. What do you guys think?

20220817_124226_resized (resized).jpg20220817_124226_resized (resized).jpg
#8922 1 year ago

Actually, it looks like the rail is extending out farther in mine pic, after it exits the shooter lane!

1) Should I "fix" this?
2) If so, what's the best method?

#8923 1 year ago

Not the greatest pic, but I'm struggling to see any issues. What do you guys think?
[quoted image]

make sure the screw holding the shooter lane ramp is down and no issues with the transition over the ball guide. Your slow-mo will show how the ball is not leaving the shooter lane cleanly. Something is pushing it left...

#8924 1 year ago

Hoping the RUSH topper and official shooter knob come to fruition soon. Been far too long.

#8925 1 year ago

Actually, it looks like the rail is extending out farther in mine pic, after it exits the shooter lane!
1) Should I "fix" this?
2) If so, what's the best method?

When you say "the rail"... which rail are you referring to? When I compare your pic to mine, things look pretty similar. Getting the slow-mo will definitely help.

#8926 1 year ago

This seems like a design flaw to me, happens on my machine as well when soft plunging. The angle at the end of the shooter lane where the ball drops onto the pf is just too drastic and pushes slow rolling balls to the left.

#8927 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

When you say "the rail"... which rail are you referring to? When I compare your pic to mine, things look pretty similar. Getting the slow-mo will definitely help.

I'm talking about the far right rail guide. You can see on yours, how it's further away from the black painted outline. Mine pretty much hugs it. So there's more room to the far right on yours, then on mine.

Hopefully that makes sense.

#8928 1 year ago

I'm talking about the far right rail guide. You can see on yours, how it's further away from the black painted outline. Mine pretty much hugs it. So there's more room to the far right on yours, then on mine.

Damn Nick, sorry your Rush is being such a pain for you. Thousand plays on mine and the only issues I have had are shooter lane rattle and the inner loop not registering. Both of which were easily and cheaply fixed thanks to 3rd party modders.

I feel bad for you son. Seems like Stern is out to get you!

#8929 1 year ago

Ooooh, you're talking about this...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Yeah, that's definitely different than mine... yours being pushed to the left a little more, which could in turn be pushing the ball into that rail to the left of the lane. You *could* try loosening up the nut under the rail bolt at the bottom of that image, along with the one further up from it, as well as the screws holding the black side rail and see if they can be scooted over slightly and resecured, but I'm skeptical if it'll make much difference. Still, it's something you can try... Meantime, I'll ponder what else might help.

#8930 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaqatak:

My second issue on my Rush premium is that one of the decals on the stand up at the bottom of the right ramp fell off and landed on the playfield and stuck to it. I got it off and cleaned the playfield but when I stick it back on it fell off again. It seems to have lost its adhesiveness. Any idea on what would would be the best to use to stick it back on with?

I had similar issue with one of the stickers located on one of the targets near the right ramp.

#8931 1 year ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

I had similar issue with one of the stickers located on one of the targets near the right ramp.

same here - fell onto the playfield - got it back on but I need to get a replacement somehow as its not going to last.

#8932 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I believe the rationale is that ops might not want people being able to tilt the machine to clear a stuck ball, so it's left as an adjustment for people to choose how they want to handle it.

Trivial to add a setting called "Disable tilt coincident with ball search", which would default to "off" for ops. Done. No need to fiddle with the coin door.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8934 1 year ago

On the top vid, it looks like the ball goes left, right, then left again really quick and ends up hitting that ball guide rail. Looked like it went left as soon as it left the shooter ramp, so that may the cause of the initial leftness. Slow-mo would give a better look. I wonder if the ball is hitting that screw head on the shooter ramp?

#8935 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

On the top vid, it looks like the ball goes left, right, then left again really quick and ends up hitting that ball guide rail. Looked like it went left as soon as it left the shooter ramp, so that may the cause of the initial leftness. Slow-mo would give a better look. I wonder if the ball is hitting that screw head on the shooter ramp?

I was wondering about the screw. It super tight and seems OK, but I can try to back it out then tighten again. I'd be so lucky if it's just that.

You should be able to slow-mo the videos in the settings tool....when I look at it, it does turn sharp left.

Thanks for taking a look!

#8936 1 year ago

I screwed the shooter ramp down *maybe* a little lower and removed the Ninja Camp mod. *Seems* to be a little better. That may be as good as it gets for me.

#8937 1 year ago

I screwed the shooter ramp down *maybe* a little lower and removed the Ninja Camp mod. *Seems* to be a little better. That may be as good as it gets for me.

Hey Nick - thank you for the objective review on the Bro podcast. Good listen.
Nice to see you are high on the game but also pretty balanced given the issues you’ve had.
Really curious how having a GZ and Rush in the house impacts your feelings on both games down the line.

#8938 1 year ago

I'm not convinced it’s the screw since you said the right orbit shot has the issue as well at times. I can empathize since my game has the same issue. Auto plunges never experience the problem for me. Manual plunges hang up about 50% of the time. Same with right orbit shots which is extremely annoying. I was convinced that the issue was the angle at which the ball was hitting the switch actuator so I replaced that one with an MRS (which was quite the saga in and of itself), but that did not solve the issue either. To me it feels like something about the intersection of the guide and the rail as shown in the pic in post #8819. But, maybe my issue only sounds the same as yours and the screw really did fix it for you. If so, that’s great - not having that shot be smooth really detracts from the enjoyment thanks to the number of right orbit rejects I get due to whatever is causing it.

Kyle

#8939 1 year ago

Rush fans! Check out the South Park 25th Anniversary Concert on Paramount+. Alex & Geddy show up and play Closer To The Heart with Matt, Trey & Primus!!!!

#8940 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Rush fans! Check out the South Park 25th Anniversary Concert on Paramount+. Alex & Geddy show up and play Closer To The Heart with Matt, Trey & Primus!!!!

That concert is so hard for me to watch. The facial expressions of those people trying to sing those songs in those voices is ridiculous. Not so much referring to the Rush content but the other stuff like Kyle's Mom is a big fat bitch. ugh

#8941 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I saw it and loved it. Ged sounded as good as Ged can sound - I just love seeing him out and about. Alex may have partaken ahead of time, or maybe he's feeling the rust a bit - he seemed a touch behind. But - he looked like he was having fun and at this point, that's all I want out of them. Anyone expecting album perfection after 40+ years will be forever disappointed - anyone wanting to see two buds having fun will always have a good time watching them.

Speaking for the whole concert - loved it too. Matt and Trey are so insanely talented. Made me really start considering some of those $3k-4k South Park that have been popping up in the market recently.

#8942 1 year ago

Closer to Southpark!!

I was just happy to see the boys play together.

#8943 1 year ago

Where can i find a list of the weapon perks for completing a certain album’s combo?

#8944 1 year ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Where can i find a list of the weapon perks for completing a certain album’s combo?

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-rush-rulesheet/7409#heading--albums

#8945 1 year ago

Found this beautiful owl statue at an estate sale this morning. May see how it works as a topper. Has two broken wingtip feathers, might be able to 3D print little tips to make it not as noticeable.

20220818_110001 (resized).jpg20220818_110001 (resized).jpg
#8946 1 year ago

I was wondering about the screw. It super tight and seems OK, but I can try to back it out then tighten again. I'd be so lucky if it's just that.
You should be able to slow-mo the videos in the settings tool....when I look at it, it does turn sharp left.
Thanks for taking a look!

A slower playback speed isn't the same thing as a slow motion video. Slow motion video will have a much higher frames per second rate so the details of what's happening can be seen. Also, it should be a close up of the area where it's happening. Anyways, if you can capture that, it should help to pin the problem down.

#8947 1 year ago

Is the shooter lane fix for Rush basically when you soft plunge it and it jostles around coming out of the shooter lane? I only have this problem if I shot it up the lane and it does not make all the way onto the pf, then I shoot it again too quickly without it settling back in the lane.

Not sure if the NC fix, fixes this or not?

#8948 1 year ago

Just writing to report that I got to Cygnus X-1 Book 1 last night for the first time. I did not break 1 billion and didn't even get my high score (which is considerably less than 1 billion) but it was great fun and I'm super excited for accomplishing it.

The story: I had gotten Freewill multiball checked off and was 2 time machine multiballs into the game when I noticed that my drum clock was moving fast and rapidly approaching midnight. "Huh. I might actually have a chance at this," I thought. I started focusing on the pops/left orbit and before I knew it I was rocking my way through Headlong Flight multiball for maybe only my second time. And then I hit my third time machine multiball. I was thinking, "Holy sh*t! I can't let all 3 balls drain here. I gotta get to Cygnus!" Suddenly in a game where I was (for once) making my shots, I couldn't shoot the dang time machine but I finally managed it and got into Cygnus Book 1! And now I was *really* having trouble making shots. I was thinking, "Oh man. I can't have made it all this way to drain before I even start one of the planet modes! I GOTTA make one of these shots!" And I did! I hit the time machine and was off exploring the purple planet. Unfortunately, I got 9 shots in and drained. But what an awesome experience!

It may take me months to do that again, and I may never see Book 2. But it was great! I was very unsure about this game when I first got it. It's a hard game and I'm just a mediocre player. But I've been loving the game lately. This may sound crazy, but I recently also got a GZ Premium and I feel that being able to play the two games in the same gaming session has made me better at both.

For a brief moment there I was thinking Rush would not stay in my collection for long, but now I can't see it leaving any time soon. I'm glad I've stuck with it and I hope I get to all the wizard modes and break 1 billion some day!

As a side note, I wanted to share all this with my wife. She likes pinball well enough and tolerates my passion for it. But she could not care less. You folks needed to be my outlet for this story!

#8949 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Is the shooter lane fix for Rush basically when you soft plunge it and it jostles around coming out of the shooter lane? I only have this problem if I shot it up the lane and it does not make all the way onto the pf, then I shoot it again too quickly without it settling back in the lane.
Not sure if the NC fix, fixes this or not?

Yes, our shooter lane fix is for the issue where the ball rattles around when you soft plunge and it gets to the upper flipper gap. It guides the ball to the right so it rolls past the flipper gap smoothly.

#8950 1 year ago
Quoted from kbenson13:

Just writing to report that I got to Cygnus X-1 Book 1 last night for the first time. I did not break 1 billion and didn't even get my high score (which is considerably less than 1 billion) but it was great fun and I'm super excited for accomplishing it.
The story: I had gotten Freewill multiball checked off and was 2 time machine multiballs into the game when I noticed that my drum clock was moving fast and rapidly approaching midnight. "Huh. I might actually have a chance at this," I thought. I started focusing on the pops/left orbit and before I knew it I was rocking my way through Headlong Flight multiball for maybe only my second time. And then I hit my third time machine multiball. I was thinking, "Holy sh*t! I can't let all 3 balls drain here. I gotta get to Cygnus!" Suddenly in a game where I was (for once) making my shots, I couldn't shoot the dang time machine but I finally managed it and got into Cygnus Book 1! And now I was *really* having trouble making shots. I was thinking, "Oh man. I can't have made it all this way to drain before I even start one of the planet modes! I GOTTA make one of these shots!" And I did! I hit the time machine and was off exploring the purple planet. Unfortunately, I got 9 shots in and drained. But what an awesome experience!

Nice. That's what folks mean by Stern leading the way in code and choreography, really shows it in Rush and GZ.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/179?hl=kbenson13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.