IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 358.
#8751 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

How would it know the ball is stuck there during multiball? Since it's seeing switches triggered all over the place, it doesn't know a ball is stuck. It would only run a ball search if it saw no activity. I don't believe it blocks the opto when it's stuck there -- hence why it has to search (and when the ramp lowers, the ball trips the opto on the way back down).

Yep - you're absolutely right. The opto specifically clear when they get hung up.

So based on your reply, I went back to the readme to prove that I saw something about logic during multiballs to cycle the ramp once in a while or SOMETHING that would free a stuck ball long before ball search was needed:

- Time Machine Magnet:
- Added logic to tilt to clear any balls that were being held in the magnet.

I see now that I misunderstood this tweak to mean that there was logic to ensure the ramp was clear. Now that I re-read it, I guess it's something more magnet-centric than ramp-centric. That "tilt to clear" is confusing to me.

#8754 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

That "tilt to clear" is confusing to me.

I think that line in the Readme means that if a player tilts the game while a ball is being held in the Time Machine, then the game will make sure to pulse or release the magnet to free the ball.

It sounds like previously, under the right circumstances the ball could get stuck in the Time Machine during a tilt situation?

#8755 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I think that line in the Readme means that if a player tilts the game while a ball is being held in the Time Machine, then the game will make sure to pulse or release the magnet to free the ball.
It sounds like previously, under the right circumstances the ball could get stuck in the Time Machine during a tilt situation?

Ahhh ok, I could definitely see that being the case.

One way to find out - time to go toss my machine around while a ball is in the Time Machine!! Or... just tap the tilt bob with the coin door open and the interlock pulled but.... where's the fun in that?!

#8756 1 year ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Do NOT pull any connectors while the game is on. You will fry node 10. Once it starts there is no stopping it. Mine burn right in front of me.

What cable did you unplug that fried the board? Was it a connector directly on the node 10 board? I'm still trying to get to the bottom of the node 10 failures. Can you see if the chip labeled TMC5041-LA is what fried? It right above the CN1 and CN3 connectors.node 10 tmc5041la (resized).jpgnode 10 tmc5041la (resized).jpg

#8757 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

First try loosening the screws, twisting it to the right flipper and tightening. See if that resolves it. Otherwise people have had luck adding washers under one side.

Thanks for the replies!

When you say twist the scoop do you mean the protector or do you mean loosen screws and twist the mechanism under the playfield?

Also, same for the washers. Do you mean under the playfield or under the posts for the protector? (Currently have the stern v3 protector)

#8758 1 year ago

#8759 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

I just fixed this on mine.
1- DO NOT ADD extra washer on one side.
It’s a mistake and I unfortunately made it.
2- just loosen the 4 screws holding the scoop and you can turn/shift the metal piece. There is some play, do it slowly and look for the Most angled position which still lines up all 4 screws to their holes.
Just patiently shift and adjust until you’ll see when it sits pretty and you’ll know that’s it.
3 - there is No need for changing scoop eject settings or lower/increase scoop power etc. No need for extra washers they Will cause other issues. Trust me.

What issues? I did this on gnr and rush. Fixed my problem on both. The scoop will turn back slowly just by rotating, adjusted gnr several times

#8760 1 year ago

Hello
Would a standard tournament button setup work on the pin? Or any other ideas?
Thanks.

#8761 1 year ago

#8762 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

2- just loosen the 4 screws holding the scoop and you can turn/shift the metal piece. There is some play, do it slowly and look for the Most angled position which still lines up all 4 screws to their holes.
Just patiently shift and adjust until you’ll see when it sits pretty and you’ll know that’s it.
3 - there is No need for changing scoop eject settings or lower/increase scoop power etc. No need for extra washers they Will cause other issues. Trust me.

Ah, so you loosened the screws under the playfield and turned the whole main scoop that way?

#8763 1 year ago

Yes.

#8764 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

On mine, because of the “angled pressure” it warped/ruined the opposing hole so one of the screws no longer grabbed.
I managed to work it.
But it was a mistake which I regret.
It was never needed and I never should’ve added those washers.
I re-adjusted and now it’s ejecting perfectly to the R flipper.
Using Default scoop eject settings and no added washers.

I'm with you on not adding a hardware solution as the first choice, but there's certainly no risk in upping or lowering the eject power. Can make a big difference in where the ball ends up. Adjusting eject power on saucers and scoops is pretty standard practice in order to get the ball behaving as you'd like.

#8765 1 year ago
Quoted from Ghosters:

What cable did you unplug that fried the board? Was it a connector directly on the node 10 board? I'm still trying to get to the bottom of the node 10 failures. Can you see if the chip labeled TMC5041-LA is what fried? It right above the CN1 and CN3 connectors.[quoted image]

Any plug will fry it if you unplug when the game is on

#8766 1 year ago

So, I installed the mod for the inner loop to prevent it from rolling up and missing the switch. It's a bit better, but still misses on the really fast ones. I'm assuming there's no chance I installed it wrong - basically just a lid to cover the lane and reduce ball air, right? Anyone else still have issues after adding that? Time for an MRS?

ALSO, I'm really loving this pin but between the inner loop issue, scoop issues initially, and the spinner rejects - anyone else thinking they really need to spend more time play testing these? (I volunteer as tribute)

#8767 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

(I volunteer as tribute)

I get the feeling you would have some competition for such a position

#8768 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

So, I installed the mod for the inner loop to prevent it from rolling up and missing the switch. It's a bit better, but still misses on the really fast ones. I'm assuming there's no chance I installed it wrong - basically just a lid to cover the lane and reduce ball air, right? Anyone else still have issues after adding that? Time for an MRS?
ALSO, I'm really loving this pin but between the inner loop issue, scoop issues initially, and the spinner rejects - anyone else thinking they really need to spend more time play testing these? (I volunteer as tribute)

Did you install it over or under the plastics? I installed my airball preventer under the plastics, so that it would be just that little bit lower. Haven't had a single miss since.

Before going mrs, I would try adjusting the microswitch a tiny bit. Sounds like you switchay be sitting lower than mine was.

#8769 1 year ago

I had the inner loop issue getting worse day after day where it registered about 1 in 5 shots.
I cleaned the whole playfield with novus 2 and wax and now it's registering 99% of the time. What's going on?

#8770 1 year ago
Quoted from Gabpower:

I had the inner loop issue getting worse day after day where it registered about 1 in 5 shots.
I cleaned the whole playfield with novus 2 and wax and now it's registering 99% of the time. What's going on?

The ball is lifting off the playfield as it makes the sharp corner and misses the switch. Several solutions in the thread including using a piece of furniture felt to limit the rise of the ball, ninja camps mod or our orbit retention plastic (shameless plug ).

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/07010-rush-upper-orbit-ball-retention-plastic

#8771 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

ALSO, I'm really loving this pin but between. Get the the inner loop issue, scoop issues initially, and the spinner rejects - anyone else thinking they really need to spend more time play testing these? (I volunteer as tribute)

I have only the MRS-Rush from Sonic (M&M Creations) and I can't tell you the last time it didn't work. (never). I have over 800 plays with the switch and I go out of my way to try to loop that loop for fun nearly every game. My record is 7 in a row. Get the switch if you like solutions. that make you forget you had a problem. It requires some soldering skills so not for everyone, but if it's in your wheelhouse, it's a no brainer to me.

#8772 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

I put the loop assist from NinjaCamp and the orbit retention from Gameroom Mods on my machine Last 200 games it has registered every shot.
I cant say if one works better than the other but I figured if im in there just do both.

#8773 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

I have only the MRS-Rush from Sonic (M&M Creations) and I can't tell you the last time it didn't work. (never). I have over 800 plays with the switch and I go out of my way to try to loop that loop for fun nearly every game. My record is 7 in a row. Get the switch if you like solutions. that make you forget you had a problem. It requires some soldering skills so not for everyone, but if it's in your wheelhouse, it's a no brainer to me.

I soldered mine as well, but you don't have to. You can strip the wire and pinch connect if someone isn't comfortable soldering

#8774 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

The new generation is so much better at adapting to flipped or reversed controls. We have no chance.

Are you not reversing your hands? I'm an old fart (60) and I'm an below average player. I have no problem. I did have a Houdini which has the Straightjacket reverse/flipped mode and it was fairly easy after a just a couple games. The only problem on Houdini is that if you were killing it your arms would get cramped after 5 minutes. Rush was equally as simple for the brain to learn the adjustment. However, if you don't cross your hands your brain will fry.

#8775 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

I tried loosening the 4 screws and shifting the scoop but it didn't solve the problem. There was not enough play to correct the eject. Then I added the two washers solution and it fixed the problem. Perfectly returns to the right flipper every time. Place the two washers on the two left side screws as you're looking at it from under the playfield (between the wood and the scoop). Trust me.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8776 1 year ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Are you not reversing your hands? I'm an old fart (60) and I'm an below average player. I have no problem. I did have a Houdini which has the Straightjacket reverse/flipped mode and it was fairly easy after a just a couple games. The only problem on Houdini is that if you were killing it your arms would get cramped after 5 minutes. Rush was equally as simple for the brain to learn the adjustment. However, if you don't cross your hands your brain will fry.

Yes I reverse my hands but there is also a mode where flippers stay up and you have to push button to lower them, thats the one that gets me.

#8777 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Yes I reverse my hands but there is also a mode where flippers stay up and you have to push button to lower them, thats the one that gets me.

You brain WILL adjust. It's super fun when it clicks in your brain. With the flippers starting the up position, I don't think you ever get perfect and you'll get to whacking the ball correctly most of the time. This is a fun video that explores how the brain relearns how to ride a "backwards" bicycle. I use this video in a class I teach.

#8778 1 year ago
Quoted from konjurer:

You brain WILL adjust. It's super fun when it clicks in your brain. With the flippers starting the up position, I don't think you ever get perfect and you'll get to whacking the ball correctly most of the time. This is a fun video that explores how the brain relearns how to ride a "backwards" bicycle. I use this video in a class I teach.

Great video

#8779 1 year ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Love it! As a drummer I have experienced this to a different degree as, when you start all your limbs are in sync. But, if you desire to get to another level, you then work toward limb independence...very, very difficult.

As for reversing the flipper, with GB, I learned the easiest way was flip both flippers at same time. Far from perfect, but did last a little longer.

#8780 1 year ago

Sorry if this is a silly question but the Rush machine is my first. My first broken part is the bulb that goes over the lower scoop. Where is the best place to get a replacement? Thanks in advance!

#8781 1 year ago
Quoted from Morehops4:

Sorry if this is a silly question but the Rush machine is my first. My first broken part is the bulb that goes over the lower scoop. Where is the best place to get a replacement? Thanks in advance!

Comet Pinball among others. HOWEVER, I would highly recommend the lighted dice mod. It's an inexpensive mod at $20 for 2 dice with LEDs.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/06718-lighted-dice-for-stern-rush

Dice (resized).jpgDice (resized).jpg
#8782 1 year ago
Quoted from Morehops4:

Lots of places, but https://www.cometpinball.com/ is one of the best.

#8783 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

Lots of places, but https://www.cometpinball.com/ is one of the best.

Anyone who uses the drummer from Electric Mayhem as their avatar can be trusted!

Quoted from konjurer:

Comet Pinball among others. HOWEVER, I would highly recommend the lighted dice mod. It's an inexpensive mod at $20 for 2 dice with LEDs.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/06718-lighted-dice-for-stern-rush
[quoted image]

I forgot about the lighted dice! Thank you both for your responses...I'm off to shop!

#8784 1 year ago

Well, it looks like I finally got my ramp working like it should. I had a real problem with the ramp being bumped down by the ball hitting the bumpers out of the box. Stern gave me some routes to go to fix it. After a couple different troubleshooting tests, Stern recommended I try adjusting the STEP setting on the ramp. The default was 4 and I upped it to 6 without luck. I thought it was fixed at 8, but after an hour of play, it started bumping down again. SO, I think it is finally fixed at 10. Only time will tell......

-Ski

#8785 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

So what did you do for that previous title?

swampfire I no longer own that title. Not everyone seems to care I guess.

#8786 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

They've offered you an even better reward, cygnus books 1 and 2, two of the best Rush songs. To each their own, I guess.

Ok, but IMHO when I purchase the game I shouldn't have to "earn" all the potential features (especially songs on a music pin) available only by allowing Stern to track my every move. I should have the option to enjoy the game in all its glory without having to participate in their electronic tracking software. Opt in or out at the very least. They market this as a benefit to the player, but it seems to benefit Stern and operators more than the home gameroom owner or casual player. If only they put as much effort into filling parts orders as they do gathering data on their users they'd have a much better reputation for serving the customer. This is especially evident in the fact that there is the free version and the paid version of Insider Connected - with even MORE benefits. Waiting for them to lock my game remotely and then charge me to unlock it for further play. Oh crap, now I'm putting ideas in their heads.

#8787 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicman:

by allowing Stern to track my every move.

What exactly are they tracking? How many games you play?

#8788 1 year ago
Quoted from teamski:

Well, it looks like I finally got my ramp working like it should. I had a real problem with the ramp being bumped down by the ball hitting the bumpers out of the box. Stern gave me some routes to go to fix it. After a couple different troubleshooting tests, Stern recommended I try adjusting the STEP setting on the ramp. The default was 4 and I upped it to 6 without luck. I thought it was fixed at 8, but after an hour of play, it started bumping down again. SO, I think it is finally fixed at 10. Only time will tell......
-Ski

Good to know - last night for the first time I had a case where I finally had to open the coin door, let high voltage shut off, and close the coin door to reset my ramp. It got ball-bumped halfway down and seemed to be locked "up" by something in game code. It gets ball bumped constantly but usually cycles itself within a reasonable time through normal game play.

It would be neat if there was a mechanism in hardware or software that could watch the ramp status and cycle it real quick if it didn't look to be in the "correct" position. I'd rather have a shot accidentally dead-end while the ramp was adjusting itself for a second than have the ramp stuck in the wrong position for several minutes. We rely on the optos for triggering anything ramp related, so CRUCIAL game triggers wouldn't be missed.

#8789 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Good to know - last night for the first time I had a case where I finally had to open the coin door, let high voltage shut off, and close the coin door to reset my ramp. It got ball-bumped halfway down and seemed to be locked "up" by something in game code. It gets ball bumped constantly but usually cycles itself within a reasonable time through normal game play.
It would be neat if there was a mechanism in hardware or software that could watch the ramp status and cycle it real quick if it didn't look to be in the "correct" position. I'd rather have a shot accidentally dead-end while the ramp was adjusting itself for a second than have the ramp stuck in the wrong position for several minutes. We rely on the optos for triggering anything ramp related, so CRUCIAL game triggers wouldn't be missed.

I don't think it has any way of knowing that? There's probably just a home position switch and that's it

#8790 1 year ago

Been meaning to post this for awhile...worked with j_m_ to create a magnet replica of my concert ticket from when I saw Rush the the first time. This was back in 1985 when you had to sleep out for tickets to get good seats and we got second row! I think the magnet came out great! I asked for the Fly by Night owl to be added even though it didn't match the tour. I thought it matched the machine better...and I like owls! thanks j_m_ !

PS the picture is a few weeks old...high score has gone up but only slightly! Still haven't reached 1 billion yet

ticket (resized).jpgticket (resized).jpgticket close (resized).jpgticket close (resized).jpg
#8791 1 year ago
Quoted from Morehops4:

Been meaning to post this for awhile...worked with j_m_ to create a magnet replica of my concert ticket from when I saw Rush the the first time. This was back in 1985 when you had to sleep out for tickets to get good seats and we got second row! I think the magnet came out great! I asked for the Fly by Night owl to be added even though it didn't match the tour. I thought it matched the machine better...and I like owls! thanks j_m_ !
PS the picture is a few weeks old...high score has gone up but only slightly! Still haven't reached 1 billion yet [quoted image][quoted image]

Ahh yes the good ole days of sleeping(hanging out)in line for tickets.We were second in line for Pink Floyd tickets and the person in front of us held up the line for Streisand tickets we could have been in front row instead of row 15.15 was pretty good for Floyd though.

#8792 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Ahh yes the good ole days of sleeping(hanging out)in line for tickets.We were second in line for Pink Floyd tickets and the person in front of us held up the line for Streisand tickets we could have been in front row instead of row 15.15 was pretty good for Floyd though.

I remember standing in line in 1976 to see Kiss in Seattle. 7am, pouring rain, they let us in at 6pm. Worth all the misery to this 16 yr old

#8793 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicman:

I shouldn't have to "earn" all the potential features (especially songs on a music pin) available only by allowing Stern to track my every move

I feel the same way about tracking. But I don't know if that applies here. I have Wi-Fi turned on, and never got the Connected thing working. I have reached the first Cignus, and hope to reach the second.

Maybe I should turn off Wi Fi....

#8794 1 year ago
Quoted from Morehops4:

PS the picture is a few weeks old...high score has gone up but only slightly! Still haven't reached 1 billion yet [quoted image][quoted image]

j_m_ made mine also with stub from Copps Coliseum in Hamilton ON from the Time Machine tour

It's a great personal memory to look at when you are playing!

#8795 1 year ago
Quoted from sscharf:

I feel the same way about tracking. But I don't know if that applies here. I have Wi-Fi turned on, and never got the Connected thing working. I have reached the first Cignus, and hope to reach the second.
Maybe I should turn off Wi Fi....

I have also reached Cyg 1 and I am not connected,I am not aware that Cyg 1 or 2 are only available through Big Brother (I.C)

#8796 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8797 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I have also reached Cyg 1 and I am not connected,I am not aware that Cyg 1 or 2 are only available through Big Brother (I.C)

I think it means the song(s) stay unlocked on your Stern account so you can chose Cygnus I or II as your starting song(s) whenever and wherever you play the game in the future.

#8798 1 year ago

Thats why I didnt like the camera in GNR,after every game it kept showing me a photo of some old dude with Slash.

#8799 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicman:

Ok, but IMHO when I purchase the game I shouldn't have to "earn" all the potential features (especially songs on a music pin) available only by allowing Stern to track my every move. I should have the option to enjoy the game in all its glory without having to participate in their electronic tracking software. Opt in or out at the very least.

You can opt out. The only features you're missing are the ones you don't want to try because they are part of the insider connect. It's easier than ever to access the features. They even let mere mortals experience the wizard modes without having to earn them. Personally, I think the insider connect is amazing. It gives me MORE visibility to the features of the game not less. It gives me more feedback on things I've achieved and things that remain for me to conquer.

What could Stern possibly track that could harm you? Let's see... they can see which features people are using, metrics on bugs and usage, how people are using the game so they can improve and make better games, possibly do remote support, send you new code without having to go through the hassle yourself. They're not Facebook, tracking your every move via GPS and listening in on private conversations.

#8800 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Thats why I didnt like the camera in GNR,after every game it kept showing me a photo of some old dude with Slash.

DUDE! That happened to me too!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/176 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.