IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 358.
#8651 1 year ago
Quoted from bhelms:

Thanks. I already ordered the Ninja scoop, VUK, and spinner protector mods about a week ago...but then got the notice that the Ninja staff is currently inpaired by the wife's medical emergency with no projected delivery date. I'll fire Rush up immediately of course and keep a very close eye out for any potential damage in those areas.

The shooter lane fix is great too, about a 30 second install..and inner loop recommend as well

#8652 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The shooter lane fix is great too, about a 30 second install..and inner loop recommend as well

Thanks for the recommendations! Lots to learn for sure...

#8653 1 year ago
Quoted from bhelms:

Thanks. I already ordered the Ninja scoop, VUK, and spinner protector mods about a week ago...but then got the notice that the Ninja staff is currently impaired by the wife's medical emergency with no projected delivery date. I'll fire Rush up immediately of course and keep a very close eye out for any potential damage in those areas.

you can still put down mylar in front of the scoops

#8654 1 year ago
Quoted from Starman_2112:

Thanks, I bought 20 from Pinball life however.. damn man.. they charged me $18 shipping... seems like those could be dropped in a small envelope and shipped in the mail for $1.

$18 seems high, but $1? are you living in the 1970's?

usps rates are $8.99 for first class mail parcels now (that's their cheapest rate, and it's up from $6.99 just a few months ago). unfortunately, all businesses (and consumers) are feeling the effects of inflation and the recession

#8655 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The shooter lane fix is great too, about a 30 second install.

What shooter lane fix?

#8656 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

What shooter lane fix?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06740-rush-inner-loop-assist-amp-soft-plunge-corrector

from the description:
NEW! => We've added a variant for just the straight piece that snaps on to the thin wire rail. Why purchase just that part (or in addition to a full loop assist)? Because we've discovered that it also works great to fix the shooter lane rattle that occurs when soft plunging and steals your chance at a skill shot! Just snap it on to the last rail in the shooter lane (as pictured in the last photo) and enjoy hitting more skill shots!

Rush Loop Assist - Straight Piece only (Shooter Lane Fix) - Will contain one flat piece only.

#8657 1 year ago

Hi everyone. First time pin owner - Just got a NIB pro last week. The distributor had already installed pit v3 scoop protector.

Over the week I’ve noticed that the eject out of the scoop has become more erratic. It goes to the right flipper maybe half the time. But it might also dribble out right down the middle or even fail at ejecting, fall back, and re-eject.

Looking through the thread, it seems like a good idea to check where the scoop is pointing and the eject power. Is there anything else i should look for in trying to fix this issue?

#8658 1 year ago
Quoted from TomatoesOfDoom:

Hi everyone. First time pin owner - Just got a NIB pro last week. The distributor had already installed pit v3 scoop protector.
Over the week I’ve noticed that the eject out of the scoop has become more erratic. It goes to the right flipper maybe half the time. But it might also dribble out right down the middle or even fail at ejecting, fall back, and re-eject.
Looking through the thread, it seems like a good idea to check where the scoop is pointing and the eject power. Is there anything else i should look for in trying to fix this issue?

First try loosening the screws, twisting it to the right flipper and tightening. See if that resolves it. Otherwise people have had luck adding washers under one side.

#8659 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I buy voodoo glass from CT. Better price if you buy 2 at a time.
https://cointaker.com/products/voodoo-glass-1-piece

thanks bought the voodoo glass

#8660 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

thanks bought the voodoo glass

I was at CT this week and saw the Voodoo glass installed on Rush, it looks nice. I bought a sheet for my Iron Maiden and will be tossing it in there tomorrow.

I think you will be really happy with the results.

#8661 1 year ago
Quoted from TomatoesOfDoom:Hi everyone. First time pin owner - Just got a NIB pro last week. The distributor had already installed pit v3 scoop protector.

I had similar issues, and I just upped the side-eject power.

I increased it about 15 pts from default. That helped the eject stay a lot more consistent, and now the ball rarely gets out of control from side ejects.

#8662 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I had similar issues, and I just upped the side-eject power.
I increased it about 15 pts from default. That helped the eject stay a lot more consistent, and now the ball rarely gets out of control from side ejects.

There is no side eject on the pro.

#8663 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

Looking to Buy HD Glass for my Rush pin anyone here ever order it and where From...
thanks

I had Jason at classic game rooms in GA send me 2 sheets in the box with my Rush when it was shipped to save some cash on shipping.

#8664 1 year ago

Hey guys! I just got my Rush Premium earlier this week. My first and probably only machine. Two problems. The first was that the plunger was out of adjustment. I couldn't get the ball to the first flipper. Stern gave me rigging instructions. The second is more serious. I found that the ball was hitting the glass when going up the ramp from time to time. The ramp was also staying in the down position between modes. I just noticed that when the ball hit the ramp bumper, it bumped it down about half an inch. I am hoping Stern has a good fix. I can still get into the modes as the ball hits the optics in the down position, but I am worried about damaging the time machine when the ramp settles. Here's hoping.....

-Ski

#8665 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

There is no side eject on the pro.

Ha, oops. For some reason I thought it was a side eject issue. Not sure why my brain went there.

For main scoop, I did adjust the kickout power until I got consistent, predictable ejects. Now the ball pretty much always safely dead bounces from the right flipper to the left.

So I'd adjust that up or down and do some trial and error. You may find that you don't need to rotate or adjust the physical scoop that way. Although, that's always an option.

#8666 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Ha, oops. For some reason I thought it was a side eject issue. Not sure why my brain went there.
For main scoop, I did adjust the kickout power until I got consistent, predictable ejects. Now the ball pretty much always safely dead bounces from the right flipper to the left.
So I'd adjust that up or down and do some trial and error. You may find that you don't need to rotate or adjust the physical scoop that way. Although, that's always an option.

I was watching the ball and found that the ramp was being bumped down by the ball hitting the bumpers. I think it is a bad motor. I have been working with Stern on it of course. I also have a bad LED (left trough) and a technician alert on swtich #17 (which I can't find on the diagram). Pinball machines!

-Ski

#8667 1 year ago

Just a quick shout out to Melissa at Cointaker for the RUSH premium. Erica and Andy for the delivery. All the mod makers, especially John at Space Coast Pinball. Great work from all!

#8668 1 year ago

I asked this previously, but didn't get a response. When the game is on and at rest, do you hear a hissing or humming sound. I am not referring to the fan. I know older machines tend to do this, just wondering if it is normal. The sound embedded frequency looks to be around 8,000Hz. Just want to make sure this isn't associated to a ground issue. I did add a pinwoofer kit to it, but I believe it was there before the addition.

#8669 1 year ago
Quoted from Ghosters:

I asked this previously, but didn't get a response. When the game is on and at rest, do you hear a hissing or humming sound. I am not referring to the fan. I know older machines tend to do this, just wondering if it is normal. The sound embedded frequency looks to be around 8,000Hz. Just want to make sure this isn't associated to a ground issue. I did add a pinwoofer kit to it, but I believe it was there before the addition.

No hissing or hum on my LE with external sub.

#8670 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Yep - I'm getting saves sailing straight through the pops without touching anything and draining over the last few days. I checked level and made some adjustments, which did show I was drooping in one corner. I'm thinking of adjusting the auto-launcher strength next. It may be in a sweet spot where turning it down a little bit might force the ball to come in contact with the pops on the way around.

Yeah I’ve adjusted the plunger strength a few times. It probably only drains 10% of the time now, but with the shooter wobble I think it will always happen some times. I need to look at getting the ninja camp protector to see if that stops the wobble.

#8671 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

Yeah I’ve adjusted the plunger strength a few times. It probably only drains 10% of the time now, but with the shooter wobble I think it will always happen some times. I need to look at getting the ninja camp protector to see if that stops the wobble.

I've got the Ninjacamp rattle fix and it made a HUGE difference for all things "plunge". I may try a different spring strength - I soft plunge 99% of the time, but my wife doesn't. She might appreciate a different spring...

#8672 1 year ago
Quoted from Ghosters:

Greetings Ghosters ! A ground loop isolator in almost all cases solves random / stray noise issues like you are describing. Give that a try and please let me know if that solves the problem. Some guys have more sensitive hearing than others and if there's still some remnants after you install the GLI, let me know and I can work with you to likely address those terms. Have a great weekend and best wishes!

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-ground-loop-isolator-kit/

Thanks,

Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MST, Mon - Fri

PW-GLI (resized).jpgPW-GLI (resized).jpg
#8673 1 year ago

So I just arrived in Chicago for the weekend with my wife (anniversary trip with no kids). I’m thinking we should try to squeeze in an arcade while we are at the center of the pinball universe. I’ve heard of Logan Arcade and that seems fairly close to where we are staying. I don’t stray far from the owner’s club threads on Pinside generally so I’m posting here to see if folks have thoughts. To keep it somewhat on topic I’d like to play a Rush Premium/LE since I have a Pro at home. I’m happy to delete if inappropriate to post here.

#8674 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

So I just arrived in Chicago for the weekend with my wife (anniversary trip with no kids). I’m thinking we should try to squeeze in an arcade while we are at the center of the pinball universe. I’ve heard of Logan Arcade and that seems fairly close to where we are staying. I don’t stray far from the owner’s club threads on Pinside generally so I’m posting here to see if folks have thoughts. To keep it somewhat on topic I’d like to play a Rush Premium/LE since I have a Pro at home. I’m happy to delete if inappropriate to post here.

My brother lives up there - I've been to Logan Arcade. It's a great spot, just be prepared for it to be super busy!

#8675 1 year ago

I’ve been to all of the Emporiums(Fulton Wicker, Logan) and Headquarters Beercade, well pre ‘vid anyway…. And enjoyed them all.

#8676 1 year ago

The chickens are coming and I just can't pretend.

#8677 1 year ago

Kudos to Pin Woofer support, especially Dan. Posted a question on their website and had an email a few minutes later and they also posted to my question here. I'm sure I'll probably get a tracking number on the part I bought today, wink wink. BTW, I do not have sensitive hearing since I have been listening to rush since 1980 as loud as I can handle. The pinwoofer kit really makes the game.

#8678 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

The chickens are coming and I just can't pretend.

That’s gonna stick.

#8679 1 year ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

That’s gonna stick.

Gettin' real now, yo

angry-chicken-800x450 (resized).jpgangry-chicken-800x450 (resized).jpg
#8680 1 year ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

That’s gonna stick.

My kids have been singing it for weeks.

#8681 1 year ago

Anyone have any issues with IC tonight ? just started playing and couldn’t log in via Home Team or flashing code on apron .Nothing wrong with the internet at home .It says “not currently connected “ i think .I’m outside smoking a stogie Just checking before I head back in .

#8682 1 year ago

Maybe a bug or just something I haven't noticed before, but on .98 I am sometimes seeing another planet mode light blinking while I'm playing a different mode. For example, I've been playing La Villa and it is lit, but Tom Sawyer is also flashing. Is this expected and I'm only just now catching it, or should I send a bug report?

#8683 1 year ago

I installed the official Stern shaker on Rush this afternoon. Was sort of surprised it came with a bunch of stuff I don't think is needed? I am used to the Pinball Life ones, so I just installed the Stern one the same way. Seems to work fine, just wanted to make sure I didn't need to use all those ferrites, zip ties, wood screw etc.

#8684 1 year ago

Anyone have this happen out of the blue ?

0BB54F63-60E0-4608-9F08-F8914B14CAAC (resized).jpeg0BB54F63-60E0-4608-9F08-F8914B14CAAC (resized).jpeg
#8685 1 year ago

Hi
Just got my new prem and have this issue. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

20220805_222920 (resized).jpg20220805_222920 (resized).jpg
#8686 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

I’ve heard of Logan Arcade and that seems fairly close to where we are staying

Logan has many pins. Was in there two weeks ago and they had maybe 5 or 6 Premiums. They are all in the rear of the bar on the same wall (except the Maiden Prem).

#8687 1 year ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

I installed the official Stern shaker on Rush this afternoon. Was sort of surprised it came with a bunch of stuff I don't think is needed? I am used to the Pinball Life ones, so I just installed the Stern one the same way. Seems to work fine, just wanted to make sure I didn't need to use all those ferrites, zip ties, wood screw etc.

I was surprised to see that extra stuff too. But I followed the instructions. Not messing around with all the node board issues.

Good luck.

#8688 1 year ago
Quoted from coldbud:

Hi
Thanks.
[quoted image]

What is up with quality of games of late? It seems like there are countless Rush and Godzilla machines coming into peoples homes with problems. I see over in the Godzilla thread some people are remarking about thin clear coat...

#8689 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

All true. But while Godzilla is an amazing game, it's because I can't stand the theme (or callouts) that I'll never own one. I only buy themes that "connect" with me, but I do appreciate great games on location otherwise.

Agreed, except for the lack of playfield and shot appreciation. Sometimes, we have to dismiss the them and hone in on the playfield and shots offered by the designer. appreciate the game for the layout and shot variety; that makes sense to the pinball enthusiast. focus on the amazing shot design and layout , and ignore the theme; godzilla as a theme is terrible and dated, but that doesnt take away from the exceptional playfield design and layout for the pure pinball player.

here here for the best playfield designs which are coupled with terrible themes. Here here for JJPOTC, MONOP, RBION, and RS. Let us cheer them on despite the themes which leave us wanting.

=Hog

#8690 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

What is up with quality of games of late? It seems like there are countless Rush and Godzilla machines coming into peoples homes with problems. I see over in the Godzilla thread some people are remarking about thin clear coat...

My GZ Premium landed a few days ago and was built 7/25/22. Game played great out of the box and the PF quality was consistent with my JP Premium built several years ago. Both PF's look great but have more of a matte/thin clear coat. No complaints so far.

Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

godzilla as a theme is terrible and dated, but that doesnt take away from the exceptional playfield design and layout for the pure pinball player.

I'm not a huge Godzilla fan, but it seems like a great pinball theme...many recently produced games have dated/retro themes.

#8691 1 year ago
Quoted from coldbud:

Hi
Thanks.
[quoted image]

Sounds like the switch is stuck closed under that assembly. Had that happen to me when I installed the latest Stern rev of that side scoop ball lock switch assembly. If not lined up exactly, it can hit the sides of the mounting metal it mounts within and be stuck closed.

#8692 1 year ago

Thank you for the replies.
The switch isn't stuck. Took that apart. It scores when the ball goes down and stays there until the game searches for the missing ball then it shoots out. Also updated the game to 98.
Thank you.

#8693 1 year ago
Quoted from coldbud:

Thank you for the replies.
The switch isn't stuck. Took that apart. It scores when the ball goes down and stays there until the game searches for the missing ball then it shoots out. Also updated the game to 98.
Thank you.

you can't tell if it has a stuck switch by just if it kicks out a ball - the ball search by definition isn't looking for the switch state.

You need to troubleshoot the switch and opto registration in the trough. Use the game's switch tests to ensure switches are registering and OPENING AND CLOSING when appropriate. You need to use a ball too, not just your finger. The side switch in the subway needs special attention to ensure it registers and doesn't stay closed.

manually feed it balls, watch the switch states.

#8694 1 year ago

Opened the screw holes a bit and boom you were right the switch stayed open then. Now my issue is the clock hands are not moving during the game nor the diagnostics.

#8695 1 year ago
Quoted from coldbud:

Opened the screw holes a bit and boom you were right the switch stayed open then. Now my issue is the clock hands are not moving during the game nor the diagnostics.

Does the ramp still move ?

#8697 1 year ago
Quoted from coldbud:

Is the ramp working? Both Ramp and Clock use Node 10. Clock is connected to node 10 on the CN1 connector. Run the node board test to make sure it is finding node 10.

#8698 1 year ago
Quoted from coldbud:

Did the clock hand ever move ?

#8699 1 year ago

Check ALL connectors. Make sure all properly firmly placed. Something could be loose enough but invisible to the eye.

#8700 1 year ago

I resetted all connections going the from the clock now it moves properly. The ramp always moved but the clock lit up properly but the hands never moved till now. Thank you for the replies.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/174 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.