20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 358.
#8401 1 year ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I have joined the club with a Premium. I am really enjoying the game so far.
Two questions-
1. I'm a little frustrated that Stern now includes Insider. They are kind of like the cable company when they add new channels I'll never watch and increase the price of my service telling me it is better and worth more. Since I assume I cannot realistically remove the Stern Insider feature from the game physically I wanted to see if anyone on here has done anything creative to cover up that code reader box on the apron? It looks terrible - and I assume that was on purpose so people would see it in a bar/arcade environment.
2. I saw through searching that at least one pinsider put the playfield protector on and had a few notes. Has anyone else done so? What was your experience with this game? Tips and tricks appreciated. Doing a topside teardown seems to me to be harder on this one than some of my other titles.

I'll never use the reader, just dont see the need for it personally. The light drove me nuts so I did this.

20220729_073110 (resized).jpg20220729_073110 (resized).jpg
#8402 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

So, received my replacement spinner from Stern two months later, anyone notice anything missing?[quoted image][quoted image]

Not great that you didn't get a decaled spinner, but I would assume you have your original and can transfer the decals?

#8403 1 year ago

Oh man, I think the QR reader is one of the best mods Stern has came up with to be honest, I love it. With that said, you could unplug it on either end for the light to go out. It's a simple Ethernet cable.

#8404 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Oh man, I think the QR reader is one of the best mods Stern has came up with to be honest, I love it. With that said, you could unplug it on either end for the light to go out. It's a simple Ethernet cable.

I also think this a great feature in this day and age. You have achievements, can unlock Cygnus songs for your profile and your scores follow you if you play somewhere else and can be used for tournaments. I can also see how a lot of people prefer the traditional way and don't want to use it.

The downside is that in 20 years from now it will be obsolete and if Stern's servers ever go down it will be useless unless someone finds another use for it by hacking the code.

#8405 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

I'm not convinced it's related to an ESD event as there is no belt involved ??

Doesn't need a belt. If it is a brushed motor there may be the need for capacitors on it. Not terribly detailed but this is what I was thinking about:
http://www.rumrunnerracing.com/articles/motor_capacitors.htm
In this case the "possible damage to speed control" could equate to "possible damage to the node (driver) board".

And since I'd bet the motor only turns one direction the diode may help too. I need to lift a playfield and see if anything is there already.

Also... wooo! Hundredth (personal) post!

#8406 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Doesn't need a belt. If it is a brushed motor there may be the need for capacitors on it. Not terribly detailed but this is what I was thinking about:
In this case the "possible damage to speed control" could equate to "possible damage to the node (driver) board".
And since I'd bet the motor only turns one direction the diode may help too. I need to lift a playfield and see if anything is there already.

It's a stepper, not a brushed motor

#8407 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'll never use the reader, just dont see the need for it personally. The light drove me nuts so I did this.[quoted image]

Thanks for the responses all! So is this just a photo or something you printed and cut out to go over the reader thing? I like the look of it.

The magnetic apron (while really nice looking) is probably more involved than I would like. I'm going for as original as possible with a tweak to this reader thing. For now I'll probably just unplug it as suggested.

To those that enjoy the reader and features - more power to you. To date I still have never used Scorbit with my GNR. I'm just not into this stuff. As often as I can in life I keep my phone away from me and don't like to pick it up unless it rings. Pinball is an escape and when I see things that want to integrate into apps and keep me looking at my phone it makes me cringe.

If Stern wants to offer me rewards (free invisiglass or discounts on accessories) from my playtime and achievements I'll hook it up.

#8408 1 year ago

Thanks for the responses all! So is this just a photo or something you printed and cut out to go over the reader thing? I like the look of it.
The magnetic apron (while really nice looking) is probably more involved than I would like. I'm going for as original as possible with a tweak to this reader thing. For now I'll probably just unplug it as suggested.
To those that enjoy the reader and features - more power to you. To date I still have never used Scorbit with my GNR. I'm just not into this stuff. As often as I can in life I keep my phone away from me and don't like to pick it up unless it rings. Pinball is an escape and when I see things that want to integrate into apps and keep me looking at my phone it makes me cringe.
If Stern wants to offer me rewards (free invisiglass or discounts on accessories) from my playtime and achievements I'll hook it up.

I put the pic I printed on plain old paper, and taped it under the reader. Easy to take off, cable is a bit tight but manageable

#8409 1 year ago

I think it will be the opposite of freebies from Stern, eventually they will probably offer things to purchase, or connected users will get stuff dinosaurs like me won't have access to. Nothing wrong with the connected system, I'm just not interested

#8410 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I put the pic I printed on plain old paper, and taped it under the reader. Eadybti take off, cable is a bit tight but manageable

It would be nice if someone made an apron magnet (sized just for this spot). It would look someone like the magnets that JJP put on GNR (and maybe other games I'm not sure).

#8411 1 year ago

It would be nice if someone made an apron magnet (sized just for this spot). It would look someone like the magnets that JJP put on GNR (and maybe other games I'm not sure).

It's been asked a bunch but no mod guy has done it. I did same on gz. Took 5 minutes

#8412 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

I'm not convinced it's related to an ESD event as there is no belt involved ??

You're referring to a static discharge.

He's talking about back EMF which happens due to changing magnetic fields when motors change their movement. Back EMF can lead to spikes that can wipe out the driver circuit.

#8413 1 year ago

Yeah I’ve seen magnets/decal mods out there to cover the full apron but personally don’t see value in paying more money for mods to cover up something I didn’t really want to pay for in the first place.
To each their own of course- !

#8414 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It's a stepper, not a brushed motor

Ah, ok. Don't have the same knowledge of those and if any additional protection is needed in certain cases... but it certainly seems like it here.

#8415 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You're referring to a static discharge.
He's talking about back EMF which happens due to changing magnetic fields when motors change their movement. Back EMF can lead to spikes that can wipe out the driver circuit.

That is correct, which is what his post was referring to ? Back EMF was never mentioned.

#8416 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Drum clock turns in both directions, when it's working !!

#8417 1 year ago

question is there supposed to be anything here like a switch or it reads when the ball go by also can you change what ramp you want the ball to go through

IMG_2107 (resized).jpgIMG_2107 (resized).jpgIMG_2108 (resized).jpgIMG_2108 (resized).jpg
#8418 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

question is there supposed to be anything here like a switch or it reads when the ball go by also can you change what ramp you want the ball to go through[quoted image][quoted image]

The action button changes which red flasher is active - which shows you which way the divertor will move the ball.

The ramp uses optos to know when the ball moves past.

#8419 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

question is there supposed to be anything here like a switch or it reads when the ball go by also can you change what ramp you want the ball to go through[quoted image][quoted image]

just push the action button on the lock bar and the next time you hit the ramp the diverter will change the path to the other ramp. The flashers on the bottom of the playfield will tell you what ramp it will go to also.

#8420 1 year ago

Hi folks! I'm new to this forum (member since '13, been hanging out in Hurricane Club and elsewhere a bit), but decided to start lurking/reading here as I now have a NIB LE on order from a dealer in NE, should be here in about 2 weeks. I can't wait to get started! I'd love to read through this entire forum to get as up to speed as possible before it arrives. With over 8,400 posts here and averaging about 10 seconds to read each, I figure I can be all caught up in about 130 hours! Wonder if I can do it in one sitting...LOL...! I know I'll likely have overnight sessions playing. Anyway, I'm looking forward to being an official "owner"...with all the rights and bennies thereof...!

#8421 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The action button changes which red flasher is active - which shows you which way the divertor will move the ball.
The ramp uses optos to know when the ball moves past.

thanks for the info

#8422 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

just push the action button on the lock bar and the next time you hit the ramp the diverter will change the path to the other ramp. The flashers on the bottom of the playfield will tell you what ramp it will go to also.

thanks for the info... My niece lives in Oregon city and my sister lives in West Linn guess you have been to Next level in Hillsborough? that's where i got my Rush from Jordan

#8423 1 year ago

You could always sign up and print your barcode on a piece of paper you keep near the machine. Scan the paper. Leave your phone far away. Insider will track your games, scores, achievements you've completed per game, etc. Oh, and print a copy for your wallet so you can use it on location too!

#8424 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

Other than diverting the ball to either the left or right inlane...what's the purpose? Is the diverter there only to set up your next shot?

#8425 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

Whenever I receive my node 10 board I’m going to run it only for the ramp and not for the clock just to see if it’s more depending on one or the other devices

#8426 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

thanks for the info... My niece lives in Oregon city and my sister lives in West Linn guess you have been to Next level in Hillsborough? that's where i got my Rush from Jordan

Nice, I live a mile away from the theater. Yes I buy all of my Stern games from Jordan at Next level. It's amazing to see this place being put together from a empty shell to now. They are expanding even more...it's crazy

#8427 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

thanks for the info

In some modes the ramp diverter will automatically select where to send the ball as it tries to "help" with the next shot. This definitely happens during La Villa Strangiato and I think also when Bastile Day starts. Haven't paid enough attention in the other modes to notice if it will auto direct.

#8428 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

And of course I completely forgot about the drum clock... shows how much I pay attention to it.

#8429 1 year ago

They've offered you an even better reward, cygnus books 1 and 2, two of the best Rush songs. To each their own, I guess.

#8430 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

Nice, I live a mile away from the theater. Yes I buy all of my Stern games from Jordan at Next level. It's amazing to see this place being put together from a empty shell to now. They are expanding even more...it's crazy

He and Fred have come a long way since I bought my first from them 5 yrs ago. Amazing place,

#8431 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

He and Fred have come a long way since I bought my first from them 5 yrs ago. Amazing place,

I bought my first NIB game (BM66) from him 5 years ago and I've been addicted to crack ever since LOL

#8432 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

I bought my first NIB game (BM66) from him 5 years ago and I've been addicted to crack ever since LOL

Yup, I'm at 16 now, waitin on cactus LE to show. Have a funny feelin Venom will be 17

#8433 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yup, I'm at 16 now, waitin on cactus LE to show. Have a funny feelin Venom will be 17

That will be my next game also #12. Don't have anymore room so I have to decide what game is on the chopping block.

#8434 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

You could always sign up and print your barcode on a piece of paper you keep near the machine. Scan the paper. Leave your phone far away. Insider will track your games, scores, achievements you've completed per game, etc. Oh, and print a copy for your wallet so you can use it on location too!

I heard George Gomez on a podcast indicate that the team is divising a way where you'll have an option to store common users on a local machine. He used a home environment as an example where the home users could just call up their account on the machine when playing, so that the phone (or printed QR code) doesn't have to be hauled out each time. (like it is with console games, where one selects their account before starting games).

Also, being able to move your accomplishments around is pretty cool. My 18 year old son unlocked Cygnus X-1 at Fort Wayne Pinball last month and loves going around to other locations to unlock / play as well.

#8435 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Other than diverting the ball to either the left or right inlane...what's the purpose? Is the diverter there only to set up your next shot?

Well, yes! By its very nature, that's exactly the purpose of the diverter -- send the ball to one side or the other. The fact that you can control the exit (via action button, and indicated by the pulsing flasher near the end of the ramp on each side) can be advantageous for you if you have a plan/objective. As mentioned earlier, La Villa Strangiato is a good demonstration of its usefulness since it diverts accordingly to help with the next shot.

#8436 1 year ago

Help! I just received my Rush Premium, played a handful of games... Now it's glitched out on me, when I start a game, it keeps kicking out balls instead of 1 to launch. I'm running .97, restarted multiple times, not seeing any tech errors, running coil cycles didn't reset... any ideas? TIA

#8437 1 year ago
Quoted from daKill:

Help! I just received my Rush Premium, played a handful of games... Now it's glitched out on me, when I start a game, it keeps kicking out balls instead of 1 to launch. I'm running .97, restarted multiple times, not seeing any tech errors, running coil cycles didn't reset... any ideas? TIA

check connectors on trough boards to the node board.

#8438 1 year ago

Ermmm, happy birthday I suppose, thanks for all the memories.

Geddy-Lee-names-the-20-greatest-Rush-songs (resized).jpgGeddy-Lee-names-the-20-greatest-Rush-songs (resized).jpg

#8439 1 year ago
Quoted from orangedude71:

Whenever I receive my node 10 board I’m going to run it only for the ramp and not for the clock just to see if it’s more depending on one or the other devices

Good idea let us know how it goes. Just a heads up, I really think it is the ramp that is the culprit. I'm going to test all the grounds on both the clock and ramp tonight. Checking all the cables for continuity as I move them around too. If I get any obvious results I will post them. How long did it take ot get your nodo board in? I've been waiting three weeks.

#8440 1 year ago
Quoted from Ghosters:

Good idea let us know how it goes. Just a heads up, I really think it is the ramp that is the culprit. I'm going to test all the grounds on both the clock and ramp tonight. Checking all the cables for continuity as I move them around too. If I get any obvious results I will post them. How long did it take ot get your nodo board in? I've been waiting three weeks.

Ramp stepper motor that is. In the .97 code there was an adjustment to the ramp stepper motor.

#8441 1 year ago
Quoted from orangedude71:

Woops just realized you havent received it yet.

#8442 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

check connectors on trough boards to the node board.

100% correct - I should have seen it... Thanks!

#8443 1 year ago

Finally had a breakthrough game tonight - put up a new GC for the first time since I got the pin nearly 3 months ago. Cracked 613M and was only a Headlong Flight MB away from the first wizard mode. It was a blast but exhausting, lol. The key for getting that far, at least for me, was to just give up chasing combos and go for starting modes and MBs - the combos came organically later once I got into a groove. I know this isn't the most impressive score, but it's certainly progress and I'm pleased with it! I don't ever expect to reasonably get to Cygnus X2, but X1 is definitely within my skillset.

#8444 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Finally had a breakthrough game tonight - put up a new GC for the first time since I got the pin nearly 3 months ago. Cracked 613M and was only a Headlong Flight MB away from the first wizard mode. It was a blast but exhausting, lol. The key for getting that far, at least for me, was to just give up chasing combos and go for starting modes and MBs - the combos came organically later once I got into a groove. I know this isn't the most impressive score, but it's certainly progress and I'm pleased with it! I don't ever expect to reasonably get to Cygnus X2, but X1 is definitely within my skillset.

Keep in mind the final wizard mod isn't even in the game yet which would probably be after completing both books.

#8445 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

That reader should be an add on option. There’s a lot of people that don’t wanna pay for features they have no interest in. I would opt out on the extra cost for coin mechs as well.

#8446 1 year ago

How are everyone’s NINJACAMP RUSH TPU SCOOP PROTECTORs holding up now that many folks have had them installed for a while? I Need to do something in the near future and am weighing my options. I’ve installed many of the other NinjaCamp fixes and they have all performed very well.

#8447 1 year ago
Quoted from kmad:

How are everyone’s NINJACAMP RUSH TPU SCOOP PROTECTORs holding up now that many folks have had them installed for a while? I Need to do something in the near future and am weighing my options. I’ve installed many of the other NinjaCamp fixes and they have all performed very well.

Scoop is perfect so far .Going to install the rest of the fixes tomorrow .

#8448 1 year ago
Quoted from kmad:

Super! No issues. Works great! Just like NinjaCamp's inner loop fix, shooter lane fix, and "Exit Stage Left" mod.

Honestly - given your experience with their other mods as well, and Stern's (comparatively) ridiculous fix, what are you waiting for?!

#8449 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Super! No issues. Works great! Just like NinjaCamp's inner loop fix, shooter lane fix, and "Exit Stage Left" mod.
Honestly - given your experience with their other mods as well, and Stern's (comparatively) ridiculous fix, what are you waiting for?!

Agree. The stern fix is not pretty to look at, and completely stops any side scoop ricochet shots. And the ninja makes the front scoop shot a bit tighter, which is fine with me.

#8450 1 year ago
Quoted from kmad:

How are everyone’s NINJACAMP RUSH TPU SCOOP PROTECTORs holding up now that many folks have had them installed for a while?

No issues with mine at all, still working strong.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/169?hl=kbenson13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.