20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 358.
#8351 1 year ago
Quoted from H3XAG0N:

Youtube got it done fast, here's the vids!
First, a slow-mo shot to the lane:
You can see the mod guides the ball almost straight down instead! Before it would shoot at an almost 90 degree angle to the right.
Here's another vid, complete with inner loop shots to show the mod doesn't interfere with those:
Thank you NinjaCamp! Seems to work great so far! I'll play more games and report back in a few days on if I get any rejects.

Awesome so happy it worked. Now the rest of us wait for orders to open up.

#8352 1 year ago
Quoted from H3XAG0N:

You can see the mod guides the ball almost straight down instead! Before it would shoot at an almost 90 degree angle to the right.
Here's another vid, complete with inner loop shots to show the mod doesn't interfere with those:
Thank you NinjaCamp! Seems to work great so far! I'll play more games and report back in a few days on if I get any rejects.

I'm a little behind this thread after a work trip - is this a fix for spinner lane rejects? If so sign me up!

#8353 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I'm a little behind this thread after a work trip - is this a fix for spinner lane rejects? If so sign me up!

Yes there are a few beta testers that received them for evaluation. I'm patiently waiting as well

#8354 1 year ago
Quoted from Bill2112Rush:

Well this is a drag
[quoted image]

Isn't is sad that we feel like we can't play pinball without an internet connection?

#8355 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Isn't is sad that we feel like we can't play pinball without an internet connection?

LOL
It was an absolute 18 minute nightmare!
“What if I complete the (blah blah blah) level…all for NOTHING!”

#8356 1 year ago

No one running a Cliffy here? How is everyone protecting their shooter lane?

#8357 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

No one running a Cliffy here? How is everyone protecting their shooter lane?

I have Cliffies on order. This pro I picked up only had 400 plays and the previous owner turned the trough eject down, so no wear to cover.

#8358 1 year ago

Yeah, no cover for mine yet. Turned trough eject power down ball 1, and no damage so far.

#8359 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, no cover for mine yet. Turned trough eject power down ball 1, and no damage so far.

Yeah. I did that to mine as well but usually run a Cliffy for max protection, just not crazy about pulling the posts out of the pf but Cliff says no issues.

#8360 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

And is there any way of knowing how many/which multi-ball modes have been played? Maybe there is something in status screens but I never go there because it slows down my flow. ... I’d like to know how my progress is going to get to the multi-ball wizard mode. I’ve had a few games (billion +) where I was convinced I should get to that wizard mode but no dice.

I've struggled with this same issue, and no, it's not in the status screens. In fact, I've been working on a handy tool/mod to help with this. I was keeping it under wraps until it was ready, but now that you've mentioned the struggle, maybe this is my opportunity to show you all and see if I'm wasting my time.

Since I've been finding that it's easier to get to The Voyage (via all multiball modes)
than it is to Hemispheres (via completing all song modes), I find myself trying to remember which MBs I've played. However, during sessions of several games, or particularly long games, I find I struggle to keep track. It's not in the status screens either.

So... I came up with this -- the Multiball Tracker!

Please forgive the crudeness of this **PROTOTYPE** ... if/when I take this into production I intend to use nice (likely single color for cleanliness) graphics and plan to make the structure a little more robust.

20220721_162607 (resized).jpg20220721_162607 (resized).jpg

20220721_162615 (resized).jpg20220721_162615 (resized).jpg

20220721_162623 (resized).jpg20220721_162623 (resized).jpg

It's essentially a little set of windows (like webcam covers, which is what I based it on) that are set atop a magnet that you can position on your lockdown bar. Each window has an indicator (letters in my prototype, clean simple graphics in the final version) representing each MB. Start a multiball, just flick that window closed. Then at a quick glance (without having to pause the game even if it ever does end up in the status screens), you can easily be reminded what's left.

I played several games using the prototype and I found it to be a HUGE help, really helped me plan out my next move.

What do you guys think, is there interest in this product and should I continue with development? I was already working on the graphics and would have them printed professionally onto the soft thin magnets. I'd probably print the window unit & slides on the Pro/Prem versions in purple and the LE in the antique brass shown here, but really could do whatever color you want.

Thoughts/comments?

#8361 1 year ago
Quoted from H3XAG0N:

Thank you NinjaCamp/ OutpostKodelia Seems to work great so far! I'll play more games and report back in a few days on if I get any rejects.

So glad to hear it! Keep us informed on how the rest of the testing goes!

#8362 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

What do you guys think, is there interest in this product

That is crazy cool. Reminds me of bingo cards.

I was just thinking today of a worksheet to keep track of progress during the game.

As much as I like it, I am not likely to purchase.

#8363 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I have Cliffies on order. This pro I picked up only had 400 plays and the previous owner turned the trough eject down, so no wear to cover.

I went ahead and purchase a shooter lane and outhole protector for my Rush. As I said, I run them on all my games but I just wasn't crazy about pulling up those posts on the pf is all otherwise I won't have even ask and just done it. Oh well... I guess once they are installed you never have to mess with them again since they last for the life of the game I suppose.

#8364 1 year ago
Quoted from sscharf:

That is crazy cool. Reminds me of bingo cards.
I was just thinking today of a worksheet to keep track of progress during the game.
As much as I like it, I am not likely to purchase.

Helpful feedback, thanks. Looking forward to more opinions, whatever they may be.

#8365 1 year ago
Quoted from H3XAG0N:

You can see the mod guides the ball almost straight down instead!

based on your video, I think that the mod needs to be tweaked just a bit. it appears that the mod is redirecting the ball just a bit too much and it is now striking the top of the lower ball guide instead of transitioning cleanly into the right orbit

#8366 1 year ago

Had a decent game last night. I finished all 6 mbs and thought book 1 should be lit, but it wasn't. As I drained my last ball, Geddy told me it was lit, so I guess it won't light while a mode is going. I was in Big Money. Next time.

#8367 1 year ago

I want to thank Stern Pinball
And their tech support help
Couldn’t have done it without them.
Warranty parts sent and received.

Installed last night. Couldn’t wait.
Fired her up and my RUSH is back!!!

I can play again.
Relieved and grateful.

This pin is a fkng beauty!
Bolted to the floor and loved.
Can’t get enough

Cheers

#8368 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Bolted to the floor and loved.

Haha, I was trying for a second to figure out how you bolted it down. I get you now.

#8369 1 year ago

Node 10 Sage Continues.
Since I have had quite a bit of down time while I wait for me replacement board, I spent a little time looking at both node 10 boards that have fried and also compared to others who have posted images. It is definitely frying on the chip labeled TMC5041-LA on the bottom left of the board, above CN3 and it is frying in pin positions 31 "GNDA" and 30 "VSA". According to the manufacture of the chip they provide advice regarding how to protect against ESD events. The following is from the manufactures website.

https://www.digikey.com/htmldatasheets/production/1783477/0/0/1/tmc5041-datasheet.html?utm_adgroup=xGeneral&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Dynamic%20Search_EN_Product&utm_term=&utm_content=xGeneral&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1-yXgpqa-QIVlIjICh0c0wkYEAAYASAAEgJlKvD_BwE

3.5Driver Protection and EME Circuitry

Some applications have to cope with ESD events caused by motor operation or external influence. Despite ESD circuitry within the driver chips, ESD events occurring during operation can cause a reset or even a destruction of the motor driver, depending on their energy. Especially plastic housings and belt drive systems tend to cause ESD events. It is best practice to avoid ESD events by attaching all conductive parts, especially the motors themselves to PCB ground, or to apply electrically conductive plastic parts. In addition, the driver can be protected up to a certain degree against ESD events or live plugging / pulling the motor, which also causes high voltages and high currents into the motor connector terminals. A simple scheme uses capacitors at the driver outputs to reduce the dV/dt caused by SD events. Larger capacitors will bring more benefit concerning ESD suppression, but cause additional current flow in each chopper cycle, and thus increase driver power dissipation, especially at high supply voltages. The values shown are example values – they might be varied between 100pF and 1nF. The capacitors also dampen high frequency noise injected from digital parts of the circuit and thus reduce electromagnetic emission. A more elaborate scheme uses LC filters to de-couple the driver outputs from the motor connector. Varistors in between of the coil terminals eliminate coil overvoltage caused by live plugging. Optionally protect all outputs by a varistor against ESD voltage.

It's interesting how they refer to belt drive systems. Is there a possibility that certain machines off the line may not be grounded correctly? Maybe a static charge building from the belt and improper grounding of the stepper motor causing the board to fry?

It's been a while since I looked at electric schematics, so if someone out there is a pro, please see what you think. In the mean time, I going to open the hood and take a look at all the cables from the ramp stepper motor to the CN3 connector.

And there's the possibility that I'm 100% wrong.

Fried Node 10 pic 2 (resized).pngFried Node 10 pic 2 (resized).pngNode 10 Chip (resized).PNGNode 10 Chip (resized).PNGnode 10 (resized).jpgnode 10 (resized).jpg
#8370 1 year ago
Quoted from Ghosters:

Node 10 Sage Continues.
Since I have had quite a bit of down time while I wait for me replacement board, I spent a little time looking at both node 10 boards that have fried and also compared to others who have posted images. It is definitely frying on the chip labeled TMC5041-LA on the bottom left of the board, above CN3 and it is frying in pin positions 31 "GNDA" and 30 "VSA". According to the manufacture of the chip they provide advice regarding how to protect against ESD events. The following is from the manufactures website.
https://www.digikey.com/htmldatasheets/production/1783477/0/0/1/tmc5041-datasheet.html?utm_adgroup=xGeneral&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Dynamic%20Search_EN_Product&utm_term=&utm_content=xGeneral&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1-yXgpqa-QIVlIjICh0c0wkYEAAYASAAEgJlKvD_BwE
Some applications have to cope with ESD events caused by motor operation or external influence. Despite ESD circuitry within the driver chips, ESD events occurring during operation can cause a reset or even a destruction of the motor driver, depending on their energy. Especially plastic housings and belt drive systems tend to cause ESD events. It is best practice to avoid ESD events by attaching all conductive parts, especially the motors themselves to PCB ground, or to apply electrically conductive plastic parts. In addition, the driver can be protected up to a certain degree against ESD events or live plugging / pulling the motor, which also causes high voltages and high currents into the motor connector terminals. A simple scheme uses capacitors at the driver outputs to reduce the dV/dt caused by SD events. Larger capacitors will bring more benefit concerning ESD suppression, but cause additional current flow in each chopper cycle, and thus increase driver power dissipation, especially at high supply voltages. The values shown are example values – they might be varied between 100pF and 1nF. The capacitors also dampen high frequency noise injected from digital parts of the circuit and thus reduce electromagnetic emission. A more elaborate scheme uses LC filters to de-couple the driver outputs from the motor connector. Varistors in between of the coil terminals eliminate coil overvoltage caused by live plugging. Optionally protect all outputs by a varistor against ESD voltage.
It's interesting how they refer to belt drive systems. Is there a possibility that certain machines off the line may not be grounded correctly? Maybe a static charge building from the belt and improper grounding of the stepper motor causing the board to fry?
It's been a while since I looked at electric schematics, so if someone out there is a pro, please see what you think. In the mean time, I going to open the hood and take a look at all the cables from the ramp stepper motor to the CN3 connector.
And there's the possibility that I'm 100% wrong.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work.

#8371 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

So... I came up with this -- the Multiball Tracker!
What do you guys think, is there interest in this product and should I continue with development?

Great idea SkyKing! Glad to see that I’m not the only one who has an issue with this. I was actually playing tonight and trying to imagine having something like that. I’d love to see if Stern makes any changes to the display in the next couple software updates, but if not I’d probably be interested in purchasing.

#8372 1 year ago

Just jammed a pro in the line up and having a blast.

0EEF13F7-99AD-442C-88DB-4674EB7D075A (resized).jpeg0EEF13F7-99AD-442C-88DB-4674EB7D075A (resized).jpeg
#8373 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:Just jammed a pro in the line up and having a blast.
[quoted image]

After playing both - Rush Pro is definitely the faster game! Enjoy and welcome.

It's sitting in very good company, great lineup!

#8374 1 year ago
Quoted from Ghosters:

Node 10 Sage Continues.
And there's the possibility that I'm 100% wrong.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great finds there!
If I were you I would triple-check all grounds from the connectors to the motors. I would shake all the wires while doing so to make sure a cable is not half-way broken.
It would make sense that your boards worked for a couple of days but then fried if you have a ground wire that's just barely working.

A couple of pages ago someone posted how the ramp's wires were getting ripped from the plastic P-clip holder. That might be something to look after.

Good luck!

#8375 1 year ago
Quoted from Ghosters:

Node 10 Sage Continues.

Nice investigative work. This has jogged my memory that back in my R/C car days, long before brushless motors hit the scene, I believe we used to solder capacitors between the brush leads and the can of the motor. I can't remember all the specifics but I wonder if something like this might be needed.

Quoted from Gabpower:

A couple of pages ago someone posted how the ramp's wires were getting ripped from the plastic P-clip holder. That might be something to look after.

I'm pretty sure that was just the leads for the optos on the ramp, since that assembly moves. The wires for the ramp motor itself should be static.

#8376 1 year ago

Wonder if there is a back EMF when that motor starts/stops taking that chip out. Interesting that some have multiple failures and others seem fine.

#8377 1 year ago

Finally made it to Cygnus X1 Book II last night, what an awesome wizard mode! The tricky flipper setups are a real trip, hilarious and lots of fun. The double inverted was messing with my brain, but I was able to pull it together and beat the mode on my first attempt (timers seemed very generous).

So happy to have both Cygnus songs unlocked for selection on my profile now, this is such a cool feature of Insider Connected.

#8378 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

Finally made it to Cygnus X1 Book II last night, what an awesome wizard mode! The tricky flipper setups are a real trip, hilarious and lots of fun. The double inverted was messing with my brain, but I was able to pull it together and beat the mode on my first attempt (timers seemed very generous).
So happy to have both Cygnus songs unlocked for selection on my profile now, this is such a cool feature of Insider Connected.

I have over 2 billion but still havent achieved Cygnus 2,Cant wait.

#8379 1 year ago
Quoted from Gabpower:

Anyone got a bug where sometimes all voice calls have heavy echo for the rest of the game? It happened at least twice on my machine.
I can't remember what happened the other times but the last time it happened was when I started Limelight mode.
The heavy echo lasted until I drained my last ball. The next game was fine.
Maybe it was not an effect but instead two voice call tracks playing almost at the same time? Anyway, it's a minor bug that will hopefully get looked after.

Smoke another one, Johnny. LOL!

#8380 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Got me beat!!

#8381 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Same here. Over 2B and haven’t made it to either Cygnus mode yet.

#8382 1 year ago

So the way I understand it I still have to unlock Cyg 2 to get the music added to my jukebox ?

#8383 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

Same here. Over 2B and haven’t made it to either Cygnus mode yet.

Cygnus x1 is pretty cool

#8384 1 year ago

They are 2 different songs to unlock right ? or am I just high on Drugs

#8385 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

They are 2 different songs to unlock right ? or am I just high on Drugs

Yes, two different songs. Book 1 you just gotta start all 6 multiballs, book 2 you actually have to complete all 6 song modes.

I can confirm that after beating 5 song modes while having played but not beaten the 6th song, book 2 is not lit. I had to go back into the incomplete song mode and finish it to light book 2.

Once you complete the above, the book mode lights at the time machine. Once you start either book mode, if are signed in to your IC profile, it will unlock the song for selection anytime you are signed in to IC on ANY Rush machine.

#8386 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

Once you start either book mode, if are signed in to your IC profile, it will unlock the song for selection anytime you are signed in to IC on ANY Rush machine.

It also allows anyone playing WITH you to select it. My son keeps asking me to play with him, but I feel like he's using me because he keeps selecting Book 1 for his background music....

#8387 1 year ago

The songs have their own visuals too, very rewarding.

#8388 1 year ago

Looks like I'll keep .93 and wait to install latest code once it gets over 1.00

#8389 1 year ago

So, received my replacement spinner from Stern two months later, anyone notice anything missing?

8060FC31-21F4-4BA2-8AAF-F3131D51908A (resized).jpeg8060FC31-21F4-4BA2-8AAF-F3131D51908A (resized).jpegF5877E8A-5971-4FD8-B631-579B2F931763 (resized).jpegF5877E8A-5971-4FD8-B631-579B2F931763 (resized).jpeg
#8390 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

So, received my replacement spinner from Stern two months later, anyone notice anything missing?[quoted image][quoted image]

Cool, paint your own design!

#8391 1 year ago

So, received my replacement spinner from Stern two months later, anyone notice anything missing?[quoted image][quoted image]

you didnt ask for the sticker
as if you should have too

#8392 1 year ago

Your goodie bag might have an extra spinner sticker.

#8393 1 year ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

Your goodie bag might have an extra spinner sticker.

You mean the empty bag?

#8394 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Nice investigative work. This has jogged my memory that back in my R/C car days, long before brushless motors hit the scene, I believe we used to solder capacitors between the brush leads and the can of the motor. I can't remember all the specifics but I wonder if something like this might be needed.

I'm pretty sure that was just the leads for the optos on the ramp, since that assembly moves. The wires for the ramp motor itself should be static.

I'm not convinced it's related to an ESD event as there is no belt involved ??

#8395 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

you didnt ask for the sticker
as if you should have too

Well, the distributor put it as bluntly as he could, lol.

Just boggles my mind, of why this replacement seems to be so difficult. People with Node board issues, are getting faster turnaround, which I am greatly happy for them. This is just a simple spinner(and decals) replacement.

419FBC3B-046A-4ACE-97C4-145947FBF1F7 (resized).jpeg419FBC3B-046A-4ACE-97C4-145947FBF1F7 (resized).jpeg

#8396 1 year ago

Just boggles my mind, of why this replacement seems to be so difficult. People with Node board issues, are getting faster turnaround, which I am greatly happy for them. This is just a simple spinner(and decals) replacement.
[quoted image]

That sucks, but just order the stickers now and in 2 months you'll be good! Jk. I guess you can play it at least.

#8397 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Malicious compliance - "oh you want a new spinner? OOOH YOU DIDN'T SAY YOU WANTED THE STICKER TOO! GOT YOU GOOD!"

#8398 1 year ago

I have joined the club with a Premium. I am really enjoying the game so far.

Two questions-

1. I'm a little frustrated that Stern now includes Insider. They are kind of like the cable company when they add new channels I'll never watch and increase the price of my service telling me it is better and worth more. Since I assume I cannot realistically remove the Stern Insider feature from the game physically I wanted to see if anyone on here has done anything creative to cover up that code reader box on the apron? It looks terrible - and I assume that was on purpose so people would see it in a bar/arcade environment.

2. I saw through searching that at least one pinsider put the playfield protector on and had a few notes. Has anyone else done so? What was your experience with this game? Tips and tricks appreciated. Doing a topside teardown seems to me to be harder on this one than some of my other titles.

#8399 1 year ago

[quoted image]

People think getting replacement parts from Stern is just a simple, quick walk in the park until they have to do it themselves.

I feel your pain.

#8400 1 year ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I have joined the club with a Premium. I am really enjoying the game so far.
Two questions-
1. I'm a little frustrated that Stern now includes Insider. They are kind of like the cable company when they add new channels I'll never watch and increase the price of my service telling me it is better and worth more. Since I assume I cannot realistically remove the Stern Insider feature from the game physically I wanted to see if anyone on here has done anything creative to cover up that code reader box on the apron? It looks terrible - and I assume that was on purpose so people would see it in a bar/arcade environment.
2. I saw through searching that at least one pinsider put the playfield protector on and had a few notes. Has anyone else done so? What was your experience with this game? Tips and tricks appreciated. Doing a topside teardown seems to me to be harder on this one than some of my other titles.

I installed this magnetic apron on my Premium.

DSC_6477 (resized).JPGDSC_6477 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/168?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.