IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 358.
#8301 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Install the NinjaCamp protector.

Resistance is futile

#8302 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Scoop is easy to hit with the Stern solution. It's what I have on my game.
Works well, looks fine to me with the black nubs, and the scoop is protected and holding up well. Can't see why I would change it.
There's a saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

There's another saying that I think is applicable in this case as well: "Ignorance is bliss."

To each their own though. Enjoy your game as is.

#8303 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:Scoop is easy to hit with the Stern solution. It's what I have on my game.
Works well, looks fine to me with the black nubs, and the scoop is protected and holding up well. Can't see why I would change it.

Agree and ditto.

#8304 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

...but it WAS broke.

#8305 1 year ago

Anyone got a bug where sometimes all voice calls have heavy echo for the rest of the game? It happened at least twice on my machine.
I can't remember what happened the other times but the last time it happened was when I started Limelight mode.
The heavy echo lasted until I drained my last ball. The next game was fine.
Maybe it was not an effect but instead two voice call tracks playing almost at the same time? Anyway, it's a minor bug that will hopefully get looked after.

#8306 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...but it WAS broke.

The v3 scoop protector isn't broke.. just ugly. Really, version 2 wasn't that bad either.. just more risk for excessive ball wear. Only v1 was really fubar.

#8307 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The v3 scoop protector isn't broke.. just ugly. Really, version 2 wasn't that bad either.. just more risk for excessive ball wear. Only v1 was really fubar.

Yep...that was my point!

#8308 1 year ago

Gabpower I have had that same thing happen. Not really frequent...maybe every couple of weeks. And we are playing it daily.

#8309 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...but it WAS broke.

Yes, the scoop was broke for the first few runs--which is why Ninjacamp came up with their solution.

But the V3 scoop solved the issue. So if you have a current run Rush, then the Ninjacamp scoop protector is unnecessary. Unless, you simply prefer its look.

#8310 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

But the V3 scoop solved the issue. So if you have a current run Rush, then the Ninjacamp scoop protector is unnecessary. Unless, you simply prefer its look.

It's necessary if you want to play the game the way Borg originally designed it. If you don't care about that, then no need to swap.

#8311 1 year ago

On my game, a plunge, depending on strength, sometimes tends to hit the spinner loop rail guide, rather than wanting to go smoothly around the orbit. This only really happens when I try the skill shot plunge and use too much force on the plunge, but not enough to make it go smoothly around the orbit.

Would Ninja's shooter lane mod fix this?

#8312 1 year ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Back on topic - I've been waiting weeks for parts from Stern. My optos in the main scoop have been malfunctioning - rapid fire endless ball saves. Apparently the optos have been out of stock for a while. Hoping to finally get them today so I can check out the new code (which downloaded just fine over the internet).

I, too, am getting this problem with main scoop firing endlessly and the ball save triggering. Did the opto replacement fix your problem? When I tested the opto it was working on my machine, but really not sure if it is an intermittent malfunction. Also, you can't select a song when the game starts ... have opened a ticket with Stern so we'll see what they have to say. Thanks!

#8313 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

It's necessary if you want to play the game the way Borg originally designed it. If you don't care about that, then no need to swap.

Sometimes the original design is defective Like the inner loop And the shooter lane...

#8314 1 year ago

On my game, a plunge, depending on strength, sometimes tends to hit the spinner loop rail guide, rather than wanting to go smoothly around the orbit. This only really happens when I try the skill shot plunge and use too much force on the plunge, but not enough to make it go smoothly around the orbit.

The pro I just picked up had the shooter all jacked up. I changed the spring and the position of the housing and all is fine. I swear, they just bolt it in regardless of position lol.

#8315 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Which has me thinking...

I installed the VUK from NinjaCamp over the weekend and prior to I was getting 0 rejects, now after installing it I started to get a couple here and there.

So for anyone who is thinking about installing this, I would probably leave the back piece off of it and for anyone who is going to install it I will say this...

Install the back piece first and then install the circular piece. It is 100x more easier than installing it in reverse which is what the directions tell you.

I may remove the back piece on mine to see if the rejects stop altogether...

2022-07-23 11.46.13 (resized).jpg2022-07-23 11.46.13 (resized).jpg
#8316 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Sometimes the original design is defective Like the inner loop And the shooter lane...

LOL, I love it

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8317 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Which has me thinking...
I installed the VUK from NinjaCamp over the weekend and prior to I was getting 0 rejects, now after installing it I started to get a couple here and there.
So for anyone who is thinking about installing this, I would probably leave the back piece off of it and for anyone who is going to install it I will say this...
Install the back piece first and then install the circular piece. It is 100x more easier than installing it in reverse which is what the directions tell you.
I may remove the back piece on mine to see if the rejects stop altogether... [quoted image]

The back piece is optional. For some it reduces/eliminates rejects, but if you weren't having them already, it seems to introduce them. The back piece has no protective qualities, so your VUK hole on the playfield will be protected without that piece. On our machine, we went from roughly 30% rejects to "rejects almost never". If you weren't rejecting before installation, however, then I'd say only keep the protective piece installed.

#8318 1 year ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

The back piece is optional. For some it reduces/eliminates rejects, but if you weren't having them already, it seems to introduce them. The back piece has no protective qualities, so your VUK hole on the playfield will be protected without that piece. On our machine, we went from roughly 30% rejects to "rejects almost never". If you weren't rejecting before installation, however, then I'd say only keep the protective piece installed.

Understood. It's not like ever shot was a rejection or anything but when it never happen before and then it did, I was just like. huh

Like you said, I can always take it out of there so no big deal. It hasn't bother me enough yet to go messing around with it again but the more I play it, then I will decide. I will say though as I said before, 100% easier (for me) to install that in the reverse order of your directions but again, that's just my experience.

#8319 1 year ago
Quoted from bmwbrian:

I, too, am getting this problem with main scoop firing endlessly and the ball save triggering. Did the opto replacement fix your problem? When I tested the opto it was working on my machine, but really not sure if it is an intermittent malfunction. Also, you can't select a song when the game starts ... have opened a ticket with Stern so we'll see what they have to say. Thanks!

Yes, new optos fixed the problem 100%

#8320 1 year ago

I have found that the addition of the NinjaCamp lane fix straight section in the shooter lane has pretty much eliminated any ball rattling regardless of the plunge strength. Much smoother and satisfying now!

Consequently, I'm betting it will probably fix the issue you've described.

#8321 1 year ago
Quoted from Gabpower:

Anyone got a bug where sometimes all voice calls have heavy echo for the rest of the game? It happened at least twice on my machine.
I can't remember what happened the other times but the last time it happened was when I started Limelight mode.
The heavy echo lasted until I drained my last ball. The next game was fine.
Maybe it was not an effect but instead two voice call tracks playing almost at the same time? Anyway, it's a minor bug that will hopefully get looked after.

I’m glad you said something because I thought it was just me. When I hear the heavy echo on callouts then I think, was it like that for all of them. But then I get back into playing and forget about it. Definitely sounds like a bug.

#8322 1 year ago

Anyone install a Cliffy in the shooter lane yet? I was wondering what risks are involved in pulling up those posts or if anyone had any issues in doing so?

rush-ejects-install-007 (resized).jpgrush-ejects-install-007 (resized).jpgrush-ejects-install-008 (resized).jpgrush-ejects-install-008 (resized).jpg
#8323 1 year ago

So a few minor software things that have been bothering me:

When the ball drains the display instantly reverts back to how many records are left to activate the time machine. But that means that I can’t see how far I got in the mode. Even a few second delay would be really nice here. The display changes even before a new ball has been put in the shooter lane. Not a major issue of course because I still have to clear the mode, but it keeps annoying me.

At the end of the game I all the mode lights go out. So I can’t see how many modes were completed in that game. Less important than the above issue even because I usually know what was completed, but still seems like it should show you how you finished.

Mystery award hides everything else on the screen. Seems totally fine at first, but I realized that this is the one time (in single ball mode) that I can safely check the screen to see where I am at with modes, time machine, etc. why not keep the overlay so you can use this time to see where your progress is at.

And is there any way of knowing how many/which multi-ball modes have been played? Maybe there is something in status screens but I never go there because it slows down my flow. The screen is already packed with info (seems worse compared to a large JJP SCREEN) so maybe not the best feature request, but I’d like to know how my progress is going to get to the multi-ball wizard mode. I’ve had a few games (billion +) where I was convinced I should get to that wizard mode but no dice.

#8324 1 year ago

Oh and almost forgot the thing that kills me the most. Can we please get a 1 second ball save option when time machine sends a ball forward? Probably 30% of the time those drain sdtm on my machine. I’ve tired leveling and seeing if there is any way to twist the time machine but no luck so far. Sounds like others aren’t having that problem, but nothing sucks more than a sdtm drain when the machine returns a ball to you. I avoid the time machine like the plague unless I’m pretty sure it will send the ball backwards.

#8325 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

So a few minor software things that have been bothering me:

When the ball drains

100% agreed. I would add that I would love to review my game once I have lost, but most everything goes away. I suspect that the online thing might do that, I have not gotten it working yet.

#8326 1 year ago

Yep- if the coders are indeed reading this thread, please add the ability to see where your progress was at end of game. Insider connected won't show your progress in a single game, only score and unlocked achievements.

#8327 1 year ago

Another +1 to doing something to see progress at the end of the game. I have one 750 million point game that was such a RUSH (hurr hurr) that I have zero idea what I stacked or completed to get there. I'd have loved to have reviewed that game after the fact.

#8328 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

At the end of the game I all the mode lights go out. So I can’t see how many modes were completed in that game. Less important than the above issue even because I usually know what was completed, but still seems like it should show you how you finished.

I like this idea but I can't see it being done via the playfield, at least not in anything but a single player game. But if the game over screen could be tweaked to include some indicator of the progress that would be awesome. Be it icons for each mode/MB/wizardmode or a more detailed text list. API does this to an extent at least on Oktoberfest, including how long the play time was. Maybe Stern can jump in on this opportunity as well. I'm sure there are a lot of past Spike2 games that could benefit from similar treatment.

#8329 1 year ago

For reference, the game over screen from Otktoberfest. Tents (modes) started, tents completed, steins collected, füd frenzy calories collected, PPS. This and the player info would be repeated on down the screen for each player in a multiplayer game.

20220313_200241 (resized).jpg20220313_200241 (resized).jpg
#8330 1 year ago

Rush down to #19 on the Top 100 today

#8331 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Rush down to #19 on the Top 100 today

You have to take that with a grain of salt. No way GnR is better, let alone MB for that matter.

#8332 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

You have to take that with a grain of salt. No way GnR is better, let alone MB for that matter.

I traded my GNR LE after 6 months for a Rush LE...no comparison. Rush is a cohesive game that's a blast to shoot. Just had my best game (2.5B)...definitely a long shooter, but so much fun blasting out combos. Right flipper has so much to shoot for. My long GNR games were always "flat"...shot choreography sucked, scoring sucked. I've been in the hobby for 20 years and have never looked at the "ratings"...who gives a crap? I know what I like...don't need anyone else affirmation.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8333 1 year ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Yes, new optos fixed the problem 100%

Boslaw Great, thanks! Hope to get these replaced soon.

#8334 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I traded my GNR LE after 6 months for a Rush LE...no comparison. Rush is a cohesive game that's a blast to shoot. Just had my best game (2.5B)...definitely a long shooter, but so much fun blasting out combos. Right flipper has so much to shoot for. My long GNR games were always "flat"...shot choreography sucked, scoring sucked. I've been in the hobby for 20 years and have never looked at the "ratings"...who gives a crap? I know what I like...don't need anyone else affirmation.

Agreed! I have a GNR LE and even got it signed by Duff and I’m seriously considering selling/trading it. That game is BEAUTIFUL and they did such an amazing job on it in so many ways, but I just don’t have fun playing it. I got it months before my Rush and played it a bunch, but at this point I rarely even turn it on and I only have the two machines. It actually makes me bummed because I really don’t want to get rid of it, but I should swap it out for something that I want to play. I play Rush daily and I just love the flow. I was never a fan of Stern machines either but I’m sure my next one will be Stern.

#8335 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

I own GNR and Rush is by far and away my favorite band. That being said, GNR is a great pinball machine in my opinion and I like it at least equally as well as Rush. Different type game obviously, so depends on what you're looking for.

#8336 1 year ago

own both gnr and rush. rush blows it away.

#8337 1 year ago

I also own GNR and Rush and Rush is hands down a better game. It’s a shame Stern didn’t get the license for GNR, they could have simplified it with the original band, original videos and sold a crapload of machines, but for now enjoying my Rush!

#8338 1 year ago

I own both GnR and RUSH as well. I think certain aspects of GnR are better, but RUSH has more satisfying shots, way better music, more enjoyable gameplay, and thus greater lastability.

Consequently, my GnR is on its way out.

#8339 1 year ago

When you start a song mode, does the upper left corner of the display screen tell you your song/shot progress?
I noticed whilst playing song/mode La villa that it reads 1/12 (referring to shots to be made), as I’m making the shots it still reads 1/12, so I’ve no idea how far from completion I am
I noticed this to be the case with other song/modes also
I believe the machine I played is running an early code
Also, do you actually have to complete each of the song/mode to progress to the mini wizard mode, or is it enough just to start each (ie, Iron Maiden, The Mandalorian etc) ?
Thx

#8340 1 year ago
Quoted from Hawks:

When you start a song mode, does the upper left corner of the display screen tell you your song/shot progress?
I noticed whilst playing song/mode La villa that it reads 1/12 (referring to shots to be made), as I’m making the shots it still reads 1/12, so I’ve no idea how far from completion I am
I noticed this to be the case with other song/modes also
I believe the machine I played is running an early code
Also, do you actually have to complete each of the song/mode to progress to the mini wizard mode, or is it enough just to start each (ie, Iron Maiden, The Mandalorian etc) ?
Thx

As far as I can tell, the upper left information display tells how many shots are left to complete any mode. It's been consistent on all modes on my machine. I did not notice for La Villa Strangiato for the first shot but you do have to make the same first shot (right ramp) twice to advance.

For the Wizard modes, you have to start all multiballs modes to start Cygnus X-1: The Voyage.
To start Cygnus X-1: Book 2, you have to complete all 6 songs modes.
If you get to the year 2112, then you'll start 2112 Wizard mode.
Check page 14 of https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Rush-Rulesheet.pdf

#8341 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

API does this to an extent at least on Oktoberfest, including how long the play time was.

Houdini does this game summary as well. Please Stern, can we get this? Plus all of @dobler's other great suggestions.

#8342 1 year ago

Ok one more software tweak on my wish list after having this happen several times last night. If an auto plunge goes sdtm, just launch the ball again. My other pin is really good about doing that. I’ve adjusted the power on my auto plunge so it doesn’t usually go sdtm, but the plunges aren’t consistent (possibly related to the rattle) and I do get sdtm drains. It’s frustrating when you are in a good game and this happens, but if it happened to me on location when I payed for a game I would be pissed. If the ball hits the pops and drains then that’s just pinball, it’s fine.

#8343 1 year ago

Well this is a drag

4FDB1E4B-2962-46FE-9C4C-56913150DF65 (resized).jpeg4FDB1E4B-2962-46FE-9C4C-56913150DF65 (resized).jpeg

#8344 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Which has me thinking...
I may remove the back piece on mine to see if the rejects stop altogether... [quoted image]

I agree completely. Want Vuk protected, but NEVER had rejects before. You think it's that back piece?

#8345 1 year ago

I almost made the mistake of buy

Quoted from CrashJT:

I agree completely. Want Vuk protected, but NEVER had rejects before. You think it's that back piece?

I can't say for certain until I remove it and shoot the game. If it offers no protection and is only there to prevent what it is causing (in my case), then I see no reason to have it installed. I guess I will remove it this weekend and see how it plays with it out of there. Hopefully I can just reach in and knock it out of there without removing things again.

#8346 1 year ago

Hey everybody, I have a Rush Premium on order that should be arriving within a couple weeks. This will be my second pin (and first Stern). I've had a JJP Guns N Roses for just about a year.

Do you guys have any hints/tips for expanding into world of Stern? Any tips/suggestions/priorities for what to look out for when my Rush arrives? I know there was a long standing issue with the scoop, is that still a problem on new builds?

And finally, are the Expression Lighting/Art Blades available for sale yet for Rush? I can only seem to find the Led Zeppelin pack for sale.

#8347 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

Hey everybody, I have a Rush Premium on order that should be arriving within a couple weeks. This will be my second pin (and first Stern). I've had a JJP Guns N Roses for just about a year.
Do you guys have any hints/tips for expanding into world of Stern? Any tips/suggestions/priorities for what to look out for when my Rush arrives? I know there was a long standing issue with the scoop, is that still a problem on new builds?
And finally, are the Expression Lighting/Art Blades available for sale yet for Rush? I can only seem to find the Led Zeppelin pack for sale.

Set it up give it a once over with the glass off. wiggle everything to check for loose screws. Clean and inspect the balls. Play the crap out if it.
No expression lights yet. If you are getting a recent build the scoop protector is solid and shouldn't need anything.

Ninja camp has some mods to fine tune the game if you find it necessary.

#8348 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I had my GNR LE for about a year. Its a technological marvel and the best light show ever in the history of pinball by a mile. I traded it for a NIB Rush Premium plus some cash and couldnt be happier. Rush is just so much more fun to shoot and play. I am about an equal "fan" of both bands so I dont even consider the theme a pro or a con in this case but Rush is just so much faster, smoother and a better pinball game. I am happy with the deal I made. I probably left a few bucks on the table but whatever, fun is fun.

#8349 1 year ago

Well everyone, the prototype spinner lane fix arrived and has been installed!
Here are some pics. The long, skinny part goes behind the metal wall after the spinner, and there's a little indentation for the wire guide behind it to keep the mod snug. Installation was a remarkably easy once I pulled the playfield up and rested it on the rails. I tried doing it with only the glass off and the backbox made it real hard to get my hands in there. Got it on in like 10 seconds after pulling playfield out more. Coming in a few minutes when youtube is done processing it: videos of it in action!

PXL_20220726_001535886 (resized).jpgPXL_20220726_001535886 (resized).jpgPXL_20220726_001541467 (resized).jpgPXL_20220726_001541467 (resized).jpgPXL_20220726_210304314 (resized).jpgPXL_20220726_210304314 (resized).jpgPXL_20220726_210315567 (resized).jpgPXL_20220726_210315567 (resized).jpg
#8350 1 year ago

Youtube got it done fast, here's the vids!
First, a slow-mo shot to the lane:

You can see the mod guides the ball almost straight down instead! Before it would shoot at an almost 90 degree angle to the right.
Here's another vid, complete with inner loop shots to show the mod doesn't interfere with those:

Thank you NinjaCamp/ OutpostKodelia Seems to work great so far! I'll play more games and report back in a few days on if I get any rejects.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/167 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.