IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 358.
#8101 1 year ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Got a good look at my playfield today and noticed what looks like planking. Is this normal or something I should be contacting my dealer about? This is my first NIB. It doesn't look quite this bad in person, and it's relatively smooth, although I can feel the ridges in some spots and I can definitely see it depending on the light and angle.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is common unfortunately. Stern does not view this as a manufacturer fault. I have it on mine, my mustang had it years back and its still fine. Dont stress about it and enjoy your game.

#8102 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

That said the dead end on the pro is fine... nothing like the dead end on led zep which was just plain horrible.

I agree (except I am not very familiar with LZ.

I find the dead end to be about the easiest shot on the game. And the most deadly, I get more than my share of STDMs.

#8103 1 year ago
Quoted from sscharf:

I find the dead end to be about the easiest shot on the game. And the most deadly, I get more than my share of STDMs.

I think the dead end shot is fun. It's the easiest shot to collect. It returns the ball to the flipper super fast. Maybe I'm lucky but it never goes SDTM.

#8104 1 year ago

I ordered these art blades before I got my Pro and I realize they really don’t match the artwork well so now I’m debating whether to put them on or not. Have any of you used these on your Pro’s and have pics you could share and or what else are you guys using? I found ones that match but looks like the store is in the UK. Thanks.

400261E4-5EFB-47BF-97BA-F6F71AD130D9 (resized).png400261E4-5EFB-47BF-97BA-F6F71AD130D9 (resized).png

#8105 1 year ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

I ordered these art blades before I got my Pro and I realize they really don’t match the artwork well so now I’m debating whether to put them on or not. Have any of you used these on your Pro’s and have pics you could share and or what else are you guys using? I found ones that match but looks like the store is in the UK. Thanks.
[quoted image]

Yeah those are based off the LE. And of course don’t need them on an LE because they come with the expression lighting. If my LE did not have the expression lighting I still would not get them. They don’t match the playfield.

I would get these from wizardmod and when the expression lighting comes out get those. Bought from them a few times and just bought from them again for my Rush LE and Jurassic Park premium.

https://wizardmod.com/products/rush-stern-pinball-wizblades?_pos=1&_sid=2a5130157&_ss=r

1D419DEB-2511-4042-AF4C-8B54322D84A5 (resized).jpeg1D419DEB-2511-4042-AF4C-8B54322D84A5 (resized).jpeg2AB05425-DE24-4A27-B7E9-7498EB0B4082 (resized).jpeg2AB05425-DE24-4A27-B7E9-7498EB0B4082 (resized).jpeg

#8106 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Yeah those are based off the LE. And of course don’t need them on an LE because they come with the expression lighting. If my LE did not have the expression lighting I still would not get them. They don’t match the playfield.
I would get these from wizardmod and when the expression lighting comes out get those. Bought from them a few times and just bought from them again for my Rush LE and Jurassic Park premium.
https://wizardmod.com/products/rush-stern-pinball-wizblades?_pos=1&_sid=2a5130157&_ss=r
[quoted image][quoted image]

Cool thanks. I did look at those the other day and forgot about that company. Appreciate the info.

#8107 1 year ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Got a good look at my playfield today and noticed what looks like planking. Is this normal or something I should be contacting my dealer about? This is my first NIB. It doesn't look quite this bad in person, and it's relatively smooth, although I can feel the ridges in some spots and I can definitely see it depending on the light and angle.

Not planking...just poor PF prep, common with newer Sterns. I had awful wood grain showing like this on my Iron Maiden...Stern doesn't consider this a problem.

#8108 1 year ago

Little known fact, Roll the Bones was actually written about the playfield lottery.

#8109 1 year ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I think the dead end shot is fun. It's the easiest shot to collect. It returns the ball to the flipper super fast. Maybe I'm lucky but it never goes SDTM.

Rarely if ever SDTM.

#8110 1 year ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Cool thanks. I did look at those the other day and forgot about that company. Appreciate the info.

Your welcome. Great quality. Takes a little time to get here but worth it.

#8111 1 year ago

Bought Rush from the Marco booth during a show. In switch test, the radio spinner and right orbit register exactly as they're supposed to. But in game mode they seem reversed. If I start working man for example and hit the orbit, the mode insert for the spinner goes out instead of the orbit, and vice versa. Even as this happens, the spinner sound is correct and heard only when the spinner is hit. Any suggestions?

#8112 1 year ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

Bought Rush from the Marco booth during a show. In switch test, the radio spinner and right orbit register exactly as they're supposed to. But in game mode they seem reversed. If I start working man for example and hit the orbit, the mode insert for the spinner goes out instead of the orbit, and vice versa. Even as this happens, the spinner sound is correct and heard only when the spinner is hit. Any suggestions?

You sure it isn't the lights that are swapped?

#8113 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Not planking...just poor PF prep, common with newer Sterns. I had awful wood grain showing like this on my Iron Maiden...Stern doesn't consider this a problem.

My guess is this is wood that hasn't been properly acclimated for moisture. Wood shrinks/swells pretty dramatically with moisture content. If you don't season wood, you'll get all sorts of problems. Given the shortages in construction materials the last 18 months, who knows where the plywood is sourced. If not properly kilned and dried, shrinkage is the result.

If you apply a finish to wood that isn't properly dry, subsequent shrinkage will look like the planking in these photos. You can get issues the other way, too. Really dry wood brought into moist environments (generaly, RH>50%) can also cause problems. The musical instrument folks are constantly fighting these issues.

#8114 1 year ago

Interesting find this afternoon under the Time Machine ramp as I replace a few of the side screws that went AWOL and replace the blue rubber bumpers with NinjaCamp black bumpers - the bundled wires connected to the long range opto emitter/receiver assemblies is chafing where it's rubbing against the white plastic guides. Already through the wrapping to where you can see the yellow wire coating. This is after 469 plays and looks to be a point of future failure - any thoughts on how to best add protection here without too much ramp up/down friction addition?

Ramp wiring chafe spot (resized).jpgRamp wiring chafe spot (resized).jpg
#8115 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

This would fit the symptoms. I’ll check, thanks

#8116 1 year ago
Quoted from sscharf:

I agree (except I am not very familiar with LZ.

Lower your flipper strength from factory and all the shots are better. The dead end won't give bad feeds then.

I prefer the dead end as a target. The ball stays busy enough and you can get some free side scoop action and sometimes it feeds to the upper flipper and targets. More randomness for sure but its generally quite safe and benefits play.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8117 1 year ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

Quoted from zacaj:

Certainly possible. A friend of mine has a #star-wars-stern-le that had the two arrow LED boards for the left orbit switched (the regular shot arrow and the X arrow). Came that way from the factory.

#8118 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnnyTucson:

Interesting find this afternoon under the Time Machine ramp as I replace a few of the side screws that went AWOL and replace the blue rubber bumpers with NinjaCamp black bumpers - the bundled wires connected to the long range opto emitter/receiver assemblies is chafing where it's rubbing against the white plastic guides. Already through the wrapping to where you can see the yellow wire coating. This is after 469 plays and looks to be a point of future failure - any thoughts on how to best add protection here without too much ramp up/down friction addition?
[quoted image]

I'm not sure how long it would hold up, but you could get a plastic straw, split it open, then wrap it around the wiring. It would produce less friction and probably hold up longer than the rubber, especially now that there is a catch-point with that tear.

#8119 1 year ago

Two weeks ago, I wouldn't have been able to name a Rush song, but of course, I had heard several of them over the years--just never followed them or knew which songs on the classic rock stations were theirs. I sent my frustratingly difficult Star Wars premium out for a Rush premium and even low scoring games on this are filled with satisfying shots, fun modes, and good pin playing music. I went with an Eddy sandwich for my trio until Halloween arrives.

IMG_0053 (resized).jpgIMG_0053 (resized).jpg

Here are some 10 band settings I found from the Led Zepplin owners thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/44#post-6132748

#8120 1 year ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

If it isn't going to get any worst, I would not worry about it. Those are extreme close ups and I am sure when standing in front of the machine it does not even look close to those pictures.

Listen... I understand that these machines are $$$ but some people are taking things a bit too far when it comes to what should be excepted or not IMO.

#8121 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Maybe stick a different set in and see if you still have the same issues?

Yes, I’m going to put the original ones back in and watch what happens. As far as I can tell, there’s nothing wrong with the Stern balls but everyone says swap them out so I wanted to see if there was a difference.

#8122 1 year ago

[quoted image]

I just had to repair a failure in the ramp opto receiver wires on a location game with probably a couple thousand games on it. Definitely a point of failure for Prem/LE games with the ramp going up and down. I expect we'll see more of this as time passes. Perhaps you could preemptively give it a few wraps of electrical tape so it takes the wear instead of the wire. But in the one I fixed, the jacketing seemed fine, the broken wire was inside the jacket, so it seems to have broken internally from flexing, not from abrasion.

#8123 1 year ago

Thanks Inscribed Solutions!!

237A99B9-3564-44F8-992E-9F49C05DB50C (resized).jpeg237A99B9-3564-44F8-992E-9F49C05DB50C (resized).jpeg68F94AF1-1241-4291-BCD9-12141ABF7864 (resized).jpeg68F94AF1-1241-4291-BCD9-12141ABF7864 (resized).jpeg
#8124 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Hey thanks! This made sense and was exactly the issue. 2 node board cables were swapped. Fixed right up.

#8125 1 year ago

I’m not sure if this issue has been addressed here, but on a fast shot up the Rush ramp (when diverting to the left) the ball is flying of the left ramp and onto the playfield. Could be a leveling issue.
Anyone else deal with this?

#8126 1 year ago
Quoted from Fussa71:

I’m not sure if this issue has been addressed here, but on a fast shot up the Rush ramp (when diverting to the left) the ball is flying of the left ramp and onto the playfield. Could be a leveling issue.

I get this occasionally. My machine is pretty level. I assume my wire frame is slightly twisted or something leading to the occasional slip.

#8127 1 year ago
Quoted from Fussa71:

This was happening on one of the Premiums at Southern Fried Gaming Expo that I was playing. The guys there checked if the game was level, and it was ... looked to me like the habitrail was a little low on one side. Might want to loosen the nuts holding that habitrail in place and then shift its position around slightly and see if that fixes it.

FWIW, it's never, ever happened on my game at home.

#8128 1 year ago
Quoted from Fussa71:

Happens very infrequently on my game...only when the ball is traveling at light speeds. I've turned my flipper power down, but the game still plays very fast/strong (which I like). I'm sure the habitrail can be bent/tweaked, but I haven't seen the need yet.

#8129 1 year ago
Quoted from H3XAG0N:

I got some slow motion of the spinner lane rejects this morning! Woo!
First, here's a successful shot that doesn't reject, then a good shot through the upper loop. Play with sound and listen carefully when the ball goes through the lane both times:
Hear the ball rattling around in there?
Now, here's a shot that goes in but rejects back out. Same thing, watch with sound:
The lane seems to be shaped somewhat like a "V" with the outside and inside rails getting closer together at the bottom to funnel the ball towards the upper flipper. This is causing the ball to bounce around unexpectedly against those walls and then catch the wire gate while it's up still and come back out the spinner lane. I'm thinking if I put one of those furniture pads on the left-hand wall of this area (past and below the wire gate), it may deaden those bounces and prevent the rejects. Thoughts?

Cool videos. Really explains what I could NOT understand before. Fwiw, my Premium has NEVER done this in over 1000 plays. I wonder if the gate swings too freely? Not sure.

#8130 1 year ago

#8131 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

Received my NIB Premium with the Pro translite in it. The Pro is a better backglass, but it didn’t match the rest of the artwork and it drove me nuts.

Sorry your pro translite wasn't to your liking. I personally LOVE the premium art in total. Moving Pictures is my favorite album, and I also love Test For Echo. You get a lot of those along with Presto, fly by night, and 2112 (and the Rush album) in the premium art. Hope it grows on you.

#8132 1 year ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Dude, that sucks. Not supposed to look that way.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8133 1 year ago

anyone have the right hand side pop bumper stick down? Have not taken a good look at it yet but thought perhaps an inherent problem mentioned somewhere before? cheers

#8134 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

anyone have the right hand side pop bumper stick down? Have not taken a good look at it yet but thought perhaps an inherent problem mentioned somewhere before? cheers

Mine didn't have this problem, but I know many did (including my friend Greg). Here is a post he made awhile ago...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/31#post-6802915

#8135 1 year ago

#8136 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

The metal ring of the pop bumper is likely rubbing against the back of the scoop. Some people have removed the ring and ground a little bit of it away with a dremel.

Some games have this problem, others don’t. Part of the hand assembled part of pinball, I guess.

#8137 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I recently made a topic on this here : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-rush-pro-pop-bumper-getting-stuck-are-pimples-normal-on-pf

As other have said, you could file the metal ring a little bit. It makes sense but I did not try it yet.

#8138 1 year ago
Quoted from Fussa71:

I have this too. I wasn’t exactly sure where it was happening but what you say makes sense. I’m going to try ever so slightly bending the habitrail up on the outside of the corner. That really helped on some other games (like the Indy 500 turbobobby exit habitrail)

#8139 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Good eye, I'll have to check for this on mine. While further protecting the wire would be good, it doesn't address the root problem. The P-clip has a sharp (90°) edge to it that is digging into the cable as it reaches the most extreme pressure of the movement. What I'll be looking to do on mine is remove the P-clamp and try to smooth that edge. Knife, Dremel, maybe melting with a trash soldering iron tip. Something to smooth and taper that edge of the clip.

#8140 1 year ago

I dropped the main flipper power to 230 yesterday. Shots feel so much better, Also seemed to help reduce the rejects in the spinner shot.

#8141 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Cool videos. Really explains what I could NOT understand before. Fwiw, my Premium has NEVER done this in over 1000 plays. I wonder if the gate swings too freely? Not sure.

If you have a phone capable of doing slow-mo video, would you mind taking some of shots to the spinner lane? I'd like to see how the gate and ball move on yours. Maybe there is something different with your game that we could easily replicate on ours. PM me if you need help with how to do it

#8142 1 year ago

Until recently I only played the Pro version of Rush in a fairly lit room but yesterday I was playing my Premium and I got to a mode I did not remember seeing before, probably due to ambient lighting.

Question.

Is there a mode in Rush that turns off almost all the GI lighting or a mode where the playfield starts to go almost completely dark? If so, what mode is it?

#8143 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Until recently I only played the Pro version of Rush in a fairly lit room but yesterday I was playing my Premium and I got to a mode I did not remember seeing before, probably due to ambient lighting.
Question.
Is there a mode in Rush that turns off almost all the GI lighting or a mode where the playfield starts to go almost completely dark? If so, what mode is it?

Fly By Night multiball does this.

#8144 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Fly By Night multiball dims the GI as you score Jackpots, Super is lit when its completely black.

#8145 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Fly By Night multiball dims the GI as you score Jackpots, Super is lit when its completely black.

Best mode in the game!

#8146 1 year ago
Quoted from benime:

Fly By Night multiball does this.

Quoted from Taygeta:

Oh man, I love this! I swear I had the whole playfield blacked out, it was super cool!

Code in Rush is top notch! Some of the best IMO!!

#8147 1 year ago

Installed my NinjaCamp Soft Plunge Corrector yesterday and man what a difference. No more lane rattle when attempting the skill shots. A great fix!

#8148 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Installed my NinjaCamp Soft Plunge Corrector yesterday and man what a difference. No more lane rattle when attempting the skill shots. A great fix!

Yup, I noticed a huge improvement, took literally 2 minutes to lift field and install.

#8149 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Agree. I put one in my shooter lane and it definitely calmed the rattle I would sometimes get on a manual soft-plunge.

While speaking of NinjaCamp mods, are people really putting rubber covers on the scoop blades? The scoops on Rush sound like any other scoop to me, be it Elvira's HoH or a Whirlwind. A nice clang and thunk when you make the shot.

Does this noise bother some people? Not to be mean or anything, but I've never heard of such a thing until these Rush scoop covers came out.

#8150 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yup, I noticed a huge improvement, took literally 2 minutes to lift field and install.

Lucky you, I couldn't manage to get the piece on without removing a side plastic. Just couldn't get my hands at a good angle to get piece over the wire.

Still didn't take long, but probably closer to 10 mins than 5 for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/163?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.