20240505_121825 (resized).jpg
20240505_121757 (resized).jpg
20240505_121752 (resized).jpg
0DCA6B97-3531-4092-A6E9-FE997F1FCB1D (resized).jpeg
FE32B561-36C0-434E-99FE-0AE190539E98 (resized).jpeg
20240421_113637 (resized).jpg
20240421_113742 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,986 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 360.
#8051 1 year ago

Set up my pro last night. Everyone is loving it so far.

BFD83B54-F945-43A5-A577-0BBA5F39619E (resized).jpegBFD83B54-F945-43A5-A577-0BBA5F39619E (resized).jpeg
#8052 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

As the code continues to improve I would hope the popularity goes up also. Over time the LE should hopefully go up in price. Not a RUSH fan at all, but damn I love my LE and the band is growing on me.

Le fever is dangerous, be careful!
I know

#8053 1 year ago

Question is there a right side apron card inside the bag stapled in the cabinet to replace the ugly red Insider Connected card? I don’t want to open it if nothing is in there. If there isn’t who makes cards for these that I can replace that one with something else? Thanks.

#8054 1 year ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Question is there a right side apron card inside the bag stapled in the cabinet to replace the ugly red Insider Connected card? I don’t want to open it if nothing is in there. If there isn’t who makes cards for these that I can replace that one with something else? Thanks.

No goodies in the goodie bag. Usually we get some fun chotskies or stickers and stuff, but not much in the Rush bag.

Also, why don't you want to remove the goodie bag? I always hear people say they want to leave it stapled, and I don't get it.

#8055 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

No goodies in the goodie bag. Usually we get some fun chotskies or stickers and stuff, but not much in the Rush bag.
Also, why don't you want to remove the goodie bag? I always hear people say they want to leave it stapled, and I don't get it.

Thanks. I’ll have to find someone who prints them. Long time ago a guy on here had ones he sold. The goodie bag is just one of those nostalgia things I think that a lot of just leave intact and never touch it.

#8056 1 year ago

Especially with the speakerlights.com speaker lights.

SpeakerLightKits.com

#8057 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

SpeakerLightKits.com

Also look fantastic on the pro. Light blue acrylics also.

20220610_165452 (resized).jpg20220610_165452 (resized).jpg20220610_165912 (resized).jpg20220610_165912 (resized).jpg
#8058 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I've thought about it too. The LE for Rush hasn't shot up in price nearly as much as some other LEs, and I dig the clockwork vibe of the LE art package.

LE's are still available NIB here, in fact all models still in stock from the first run. Rush sells really bad i Europe, don't know why, price is crazy high but so is Godzilla.

#8059 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Some people think it'll devalue their machine if the bag is intact and stapled inside the game. Oh yeah...I'll give you an extra grand for that.

#8060 1 year ago

id love to add the pro translite to my premium, can you get these anywhere?

#8061 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:id love to add the pro translite to my premium, can you get these anywhere?

https://cointaker.com/products/rush-pro-translite

#8062 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Got a chance to try the premium for the first time today after playing my pro to death for the last few months and walked away a little disappointed with the extra features.
I really like the extra VUK/wire form, definitely makes the game seem more controlled and easier to keep mystery lit at all times, which would result in longer ball times.
The big letdown was the up/down ramp for the time machine, I guess I was misinformed or just assumed that when the ramp was down, the ball went underneath it for an extra lane, having just a plate for a bash toy I thought was lame and actually prefer the time machine pulsing and throwing the ball back at you on the pro. The gap between the posts on the time machine seemed slightly wider too?
The clock was super lame, worse than the cool one found on TZ 30 years ago. Why’d they even bother? The teeth for the Free Will hurry up was ok, but not something I’d miss.
Rush is still an amazing game, but I feel like the extras missed the mark on the premium.

Reading this post just goes to show how much opinions differ.

IMO the VUK is the one thing I could do without on the premium and where I prefer the Pro. The VUK just slows down game play and adds very little to the play of the game for me. This is money that I think could have been better spent on something else within the game.

Two of the biggest advantages for me is the Time Machine and the Clock. I love how the Clock tells the real time when the game is in attract mod and the Time Machine is 100x better on the Premium. The lighting and the movement of the ramp is much more satisfying to me. The fact that there is an actual shot when the ramp is in the lower position rather than shooting the Time Machine over and over until it doesn't reject the shot. IDK... It just seems like the premium is just more well thought out but then again, it was how the game was meant to be.

#8063 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

IMO the VUK is the one thing I could do without on the premium and where I prefer the Pro. The VUK just slows down game play and adds very little to the play of the game for me. This is money that I think could have been better spent on something else within the game.

I've been feeling the same way now that I've got my pro set up so the dead end doesn't go down the middle. It's now going to random places, but never draining and makes the game feel more dynamic, almost like another bash toy. Compared to the slow vuk which just feeds the same flipper again, I prefer it

#8064 1 year ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

I had this one made by @mr_tantrum, I use him for all my printing. Does great custom work!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8065 1 year ago

I got some slow motion of the spinner lane rejects this morning! Woo!
First, here's a successful shot that doesn't reject, then a good shot through the upper loop. Play with sound and listen carefully when the ball goes through the lane both times:

Hear the ball rattling around in there?
Now, here's a shot that goes in but rejects back out. Same thing, watch with sound:

The lane seems to be shaped somewhat like a "V" with the outside and inside rails getting closer together at the bottom to funnel the ball towards the upper flipper. This is causing the ball to bounce around unexpectedly against those walls and then catch the wire gate while it's up still and come back out the spinner lane. I'm thinking if I put one of those furniture pads on the left-hand wall of this area (past and below the wire gate), it may deaden those bounces and prevent the rejects. Thoughts?

#8066 1 year ago
Quoted from H3XAG0N:

I'm thinking if I put one of those furniture pads on the left-hand wall of this area (past and below the wire gate), it may deaden those bounces and prevent the rejects. Thoughts?

I get a TON of rejects just past the spinner like your second video, so I'm very invested in this troubleshooting!

Felt pad looks like the way to start, and definitely on the left/outer part of the loop past the wireform. I would be curious too so see another angle that capture the outlet of that loop as it dumps into the outer orbit, right above the upper-right flipper. That might help with pad length, but that looks like a really tough angle to video since it's so tight against the cabinet side.

It also seemed to me that it could be making it past the apex of the loop, but bouncing back against something obscured by the right metal ramp or the plastic ramp above it. It bounces back pretty hard against something just out of frame at 9 seconds.

#8067 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

The VUK just slows down game play and adds very little to the play of the game for me.

That’s actually what I love about it. If you’re in a multiball, one of the easiest ways to clear the playfield field for a shot is to park a ball up there for a second. Second easiest way is to shoot the Time Machine. Rush makes me feel like I’m a talented MB juggler, which I am not on other games.

#8068 1 year ago
Quoted from SuS:

Anybody agree that we should lobby Stern for a Midnight Madness 'Time Stand Still' mode?

I have to imagine this game is selling surprisingly well, and will continue to do so. It would be an awesome "Thank You to our fans!" if they included that as a bonus track for the midnight madness mode, that's then unlocked once you've played it once. That song fits in perfect with the theme.

#8069 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

I get a TON of rejects just past the spinner like your second video, so I'm very invested in this troubleshooting!
Felt pad looks like the way to start, and definitely on the left/outer part of the loop past the wireform. I would be curious too so see another angle that capture the outlet of that loop as it dumps into the outer orbit, right above the upper-right flipper. That might help with pad length, but that looks like a really tough angle to video since it's so tight against the cabinet side.
It also seemed to me that it could be making it past the apex of the loop, but bouncing back against something obscured by the right metal ramp or the plastic ramp above it. It bounces back pretty hard against something just out of frame at 9 seconds.

It's just a metal ball guide/wall. Lot of velocity coming in when it's a direct shot from flippers. I'm thinking I shouldn't put the felt on the right wall because then it would disrupt the path of the ball when it's coming around the upper loop. I'll take the glass off this afternoon and see if I can get a piece of felt in there on the left side.

PXL_20220715_144552171 (resized).jpgPXL_20220715_144552171 (resized).jpg
#8070 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

SpeakerLightKits.com

My bad. Thanks for the correction

#8071 1 year ago
Quoted from H3XAG0N:

It's just a metal ball guide/wall. Lot of velocity coming in when it's a direct shot from flippers. I'm thinking I shouldn't put the felt on the right wall because then it would disrupt the path of the ball when it's coming around the upper loop. I'll take the glass off this afternoon and see if I can get a piece of felt in there on the left side.[quoted image]

I didn't realize that the guide that directs the ball out of the spinner and into the loop was so short!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

I could definitely see that, if the ball isn't following that guide exactly, it would rattle through that short guide, strike the inside of that loop prematurely, and bounce back. Actually, I could also see it striking the OUTSIDE of the loop and bouncing back too.

#8072 1 year ago

The issue starts with the ball leaving the guide rail right after the spinner. This causes it to hit the back curved guide dead on instead of making the turn. Then it pinballs to the edge of the guide then the opposite side.

What I can’t figure though is how the ball has enough energy or spin to come backwards back up around the curve. There is plenty of gap for the ball to keep dropping towards the orbit.

I would try adding something to the right side guide just past the spinner. Pushing the ball to the left wall and taking sone ball speed off.

Also note your game slooe and flipper settings (if you modified them [not needed on this title])

#8073 1 year ago

Switched out the stock backbox black t-molding with gold & black from Pinball Life:

DSC00904-rsz (resized).JPGDSC00904-rsz (resized).JPG
DSC00931-rsz (resized).JPGDSC00931-rsz (resized).JPG

#8074 1 year ago
Quoted from H3XAG0N:

It's just a metal ball guide/wall. Lot of velocity coming in when it's a direct shot from flippers. I'm thinking I shouldn't put the felt on the right wall because then it would disrupt the path of the ball when it's coming around the upper loop. I'll take the glass off this afternoon and see if I can get a piece of felt in there on the left side.[quoted image]

Bad news, putting the furniture felt in this lane did not make a difference. I tried: felt on just left side, felt on just right side, and felt on both sides. Nothing stopped or decreased the occurrence of rejections to the spinner lane. In fact, a few times it seemed worse. I wondering now if what we actually need is a geometry change here. Something like this?
Capture1 (resized).PNGCapture1 (resized).PNG
Capture2 (resized).PNGCapture2 (resized).PNG
Of course the drawing is a bit of an exaggeration to prove the concept, but i feel like this could prevent that bounce from coming back up towards the gate.
I have a 3d printer, but not TPU filament to test this. Time to summon the experts! OutpostKodelia

#8075 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Switched out the stock backbox black t-molding with black & gold:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Very nice, where did you order this?

#8076 1 year ago

Switched out the stock backbox black t-molding with black & gold:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Where did you order it from? Looks awesome. And how much did you order?

#8077 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Very nice, where did you order this?

Where did you order it from? Looks awesome. And how much did you order?

Thanks - I think it goes especially well with the LE's cabinet artwork. Pinball Life is the source.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-900-0009-00

13 LF needed per backbox

#8078 1 year ago
Quoted from H3XAG0N:

Bad news, putting the furniture felt in this lane did not make a difference. I tried: felt on just left side, felt on just right side, and felt on both sides. Nothing stopped or decreased the occurrence of rejections to the spinner lane. In fact, a few times it seemed worse. I wondering now if what we actually need is a geometry change here. Something like this?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Of course the drawing is a bit of an exaggeration to prove the concept, but i feel like this could prevent that bounce from coming back up towards the gate.
I have a 3d printer, but not TPU filament to test this. Time to summon the experts! OutpostKodelia

How about a piece of "dead foam" or high density weatherstripping or even the felt pad on the side where the pink shape is drawn?

#8079 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

How about a piece of "dead foam" or high density weatherstripping or even the felt pad on the side where the pink shape is drawn?

The furniture felt I used isn't very hard, I'm not sure anything will take enough momentum out to prevent the bounceback. Seems to me like a geometry change will be the only "easy" fix.

#8080 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

That’s actually what I love about it. If you’re in a multiball, one of the easiest ways to clear the playfield field for a shot is to park a ball up there for a second. Second easiest way is to shoot the Time Machine. Rush makes me feel like I’m a talented MB juggler, which I am not on other games.

Understood.

I just got my Rush Premium with only playing the Pro prior too. Need the changes from the Pro to grow on me a little but I can safety say for me, the Time Machine was a major improvement in my book at a glance, the lighting alone.

#8081 1 year ago

Thanks - I think it goes especially well with the LE's cabinet artwork. Pinball Life is the source.
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-900-0009-00
13 LF needed per backbox

I'm gonna copy ya, so you'll need to come to e- burg to help me install

#8082 1 year ago

It finally arrived!
Only you guys would understand my excitement

FC43DB7A-7FCD-4632-A05B-242B4B0E0300 (resized).jpegFC43DB7A-7FCD-4632-A05B-242B4B0E0300 (resized).jpeg
#8083 1 year ago
Quoted from Fussa71:It finally arrived!
[quoted image]

Psshh, beginner.......left it strapped to the pallet, to take in game room

Just kidding ya, congrats on receiving it. Take your time setting it up and dialing it in, it’s a fun pin. Welcome to the club!

#8084 1 year ago
Quoted from Fussa71:

It finally arrived!
[quoted image]

Yes good. Goood. More RUSH in the STL metro! Congrats!

#8085 1 year ago

13 LF needed per backbox

Ok cool! Thank you so much!

#8086 1 year ago

Other source for T Molding unfortunately no gold and black. But do have gold and other colors.

T-Molding.com 20ft Roll of Metallic Gold/Brass 3/4" Plastic Tee Moulding for Arcade Game Cabinets, Counters, Shelves, or Tables https://a.co/d/5iSDVZ4

#8087 1 year ago
Quoted from H3XAG0N:

Time to summon the experts! OutpostKodelia

VERY nice diagram. I was having a hard time telling from the slow-mo exactly what motion was sending the ball backwards through the gate. If it's what you're diagram indicates, I can immediately see three possible approaches to addressing this. The trick is going to be not interfering with the ball as it follows other natural paths through this area, which is pushing me towards one particular solution (which would also be the easiest to install... as in slip on). <rolls up sleeves, spits in palm, rubs hands together> Hold my beer... Give me a day or two to prototype and test this out, then I'll report back!

#8088 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

VERY nice diagram. I was having a hard time telling from the slow-mo exactly what motion was sending the ball backwards through the gate. If it's what you're diagram indicates, I can immediately see three possible approaches to addressing this. The trick is going to be not interfering with the ball as it follows other natural paths through this area, which is pushing me towards one particular solution (which would also be the easiest to install... as in slip on). <rolls up sleeves, spits in palm, rubs hands together> Hold my beer... Give me a day or two to prototype and test this out, then I'll report back!

Looking forward to your solution Mark

#8089 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

id love to add the pro translite to my premium, can you get these anywhere?

Received my NIB Premium with the Pro translite in it. The Pro is a better backglass, but it didn’t match the rest of the artwork and it drove me nuts.

#8090 1 year ago

Got a good look at my playfield today and noticed what looks like planking. Is this normal or something I should be contacting my dealer about? This is my first NIB. It doesn't look quite this bad in person, and it's relatively smooth, although I can feel the ridges in some spots and I can definitely see it depending on the light and angle.

IMG_1102 (resized).jpegIMG_1102 (resized).jpegIMG_1103 (resized).jpegIMG_1103 (resized).jpegIMG_1105 (resized).jpegIMG_1105 (resized).jpegIMG_1106 (resized).jpegIMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
#8091 1 year ago

Awful. You can report it, but they probably won't give you a new pf. Don't ask how I know.

#8092 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

Awful. You can report it, but they probably won't give you a new pf. Don't ask how I know.

Great, Just what I wanted to hear. How bad is yours?

#8093 1 year ago

Looking forward to your solution Mark

That's Aniraf. This is Kaydee.

#8094 1 year ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Great, Just what I wanted to hear. How bad is yours?

Got lucky on my Rush. Iron Maiden was planked to hell. Sold it.

#8095 1 year ago

Common on modern Sterns. It's not wood planking really, but more like improperly prepared and poorly done clear coating.

#8096 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

That's Aniraf. This is Kaydee.

My bad

#8097 1 year ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Got a good look at my playfield today and noticed what looks like planking. Is this normal or something I should be contacting my dealer about?

I’d call that ribbing, not planking. That’s fairly normal now unfortunately.

#8098 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

After playing both i agree the vuk can dismiss a ball for a good few seconds. That said the dead end on the pro is fine... nothing like the dead end on led zep which was just plain horrible. In other words I dont see the vuk as a reason on its own to upgrade.

#8099 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

After playing both i agree the vuk can dismiss a ball for a good few seconds. That said the dead end on the pro is fine... nothing like the dead end on led zep which was just plain horrible. In other words I dont see the vuk as a reason on its own to upgrade.

This was my entire debate on Rush. I decided I was more than ok with the dead end.

LZ I do not like the dead end. Premium in the house.

20220624_205035 (resized).jpg20220624_205035 (resized).jpg
#8100 1 year ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Got a good look at my playfield today and noticed what looks like planking. Is this normal or something I should be contacting my dealer about? This is my first NIB. It doesn't look quite this bad in person, and it's relatively smooth, although I can feel the ridges in some spots and I can definitely see it depending on the light and angle.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Unfortunately that is common with Sterns. I had a Iron Man VE years ago I bought NIB that had the same issue. It played fine, but looked funky when the light hit it a certain way. I doubt you’ll get a new PF if you complain, but you could try

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,986 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/162 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.