20240319_194137 (resized).jpg
20240319_194051 (resized).jpg
IMG_5172 (resized).jpeg
20240313_124509 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_232015126 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230406999 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230353824 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 357.
#701 2 years ago

Awesome to see LE's getting unboxed! Looking forward to getting my shipping notice from Stern soon for the Rush LE that I've put up for charity auction:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flip-for-good-charity-auction-for-rush-le

I promise not to spam this thread with the auction, but we're currently north of $25k (!!!) pledge from the Pinside community to the Glioblastoma Foundation in honor of Neil Peart, which just blows me away.

If you or anyone in your circle would like to add your support, please drop a PM or head on over to the auction thread. I knew Rush fans were an amazing group of folks going into this auction, but I've just been blown away by the generosity and support that the community has stepped up with.

Congratulations to everyone that is joining the LE club, and keep those pictures and reports coming!

#702 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

It has landed... Looks great!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cool how the # plaque isn't just a plain piece, they incorporated the theme into it as well

Screenshot_20220219-123901_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220219-123901_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#703 2 years ago

Congrats. How does LE sound? Can you post video?

#704 2 years ago

My frustration is growing every day...can't play more than 5-6 balls w/o pausing my game, removing the glass, push the stuck ball in the scoop, try to re-bend the tabs (to which the top lifts/bends awkwardly), re-install the glass, continue the game....wash/lather/rinse/repeat.

I can't imagine the operators trying to keep the machine in play w/o removing the protector and damaging the playfield beyond repair.

My game is 5 days old and has less than 80 plays. It is bloody embarrassing on a brand new $10K (CAD after taxes) pinball machine.

With that in mind, I'm crossing my fingers that the "upgraded" protector performs better than the actual one AND that it will be shipped soon.

#705 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Congrats. How does LE sound? Can you post video?

Not mine, maybe in 10 days

#706 2 years ago
Quoted from frosken:

With that in mind, I'm crossing my fingers that the "upgraded" protector performs better than the actual one AND that it will be shipped soon.

I hear that. I pulled my protector off, straightened and reinstalled, and tried taping the side tabs down with Gorilla tape. With that, I get about 60 or 70 plays versus the 30 I was getting before doing it all over. Frustrating that the alternatives are to let it sit, or pull the protector off, which leads to damage and what sounds like a voided warranty.

#707 2 years ago

#679 in the house!!! Unboxing/setup in work

20220219_171409 (resized).jpg20220219_171409 (resized).jpg
#708 2 years ago

It is such a big flaw I cant understand how it was never picked up during production.
Clearly, the designer never played his game on a real machine more than 10 times?

#709 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

It is such a big flaw I cant understand how it was never picked up during production.
Clearly, the designer never played his game on a real machine more than 10 times?

Fair question. I watched a video tour of the Stern factory on YouTube and it appears each machine gets a quick play through at the end of production. I can see a flaw like this escaping that. But I'm guessing the designers and engineers do longer test plays on prototype and pre-production machines, which you'd assume have final parts, and it's hard to see them not experiencing what we are in that scenario.

#710 2 years ago
Quoted from BlueCylinder:

Fair question. I watched a video tour of the Stern factory on YouTube and it appears each machine gets a quick play through at the end of production. I can see a flaw like this escaping that. But I'm guessing the designers and engineers do longer test plays on prototype and pre-production machines, which you'd assume have final parts, and it's hard to see them not experiencing what we are in that scenario.

And it's not like Dialed In didn't have this issue with this EXACT SAME DESIGN that cliff had to modify 5 years ago. The mistake's been made and the work done. Cliff's superior fix was, unsurprisingly, not forklift forks laying on the playfield to hold the protector down.

But I guess the original and the "fix" from Stern are both on-theme for this pin. It's a protector only a hoser could come up with.

#711 2 years ago

8 year old son got the inaugural game (though this pic is a few games later)

20220219_180730 (resized).jpg20220219_180730 (resized).jpg
#712 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And it's not like Dialed In didn't have this issue with this EXACT SAME DESIGN that cliff had to modify 5 years ago.

Nice thing about DI was: the scoop was hidden from front view; you could take the original "protector" off and never really notice the (minimal) damage.

#713 2 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Nice thing about DI was: the scoop was hidden from front view; you could take the original "protector" off and never really notice the (minimal) damage.

There was only one scoop, under the cell phone, and it was in plain sight.

You're talking about the SIM card hole under the ramp.

#714 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Or simply the game changed on the line.

#716 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

I'm actually Canadian...from Victoria. Live in Indiana now...

Ahhh...that explains the off the charts niceness ha

#717 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Their "solution" is comically bad. This is it. Clip the "wings" off existing stock, add thick forklift forks to the posts to keep the top surface from lifting.
Cliff will be extremely busy.
[quoted image]

This has to be a temporary fix Stern came up with. I’ve been trying to get ahold of my distro to talk about it. It looks like the “fix” will destroy balls and prevent the ball from entering from the sides. I’m thinking about passing on this mess and getting deposit back on my LE.

#718 2 years ago

phew, I had to sit down.

Wow.

This game is AMAZING. SO fun. The light show is incredible. Super fast, super flowy, so many things to hit. I finally started blowing things up in my last game before writing this and finished at 431M.

After about 10 games on our new LE -- the pinnacle of my pinball collecting journey -- (plus a handful among my family members) here are some praises along with some constructive criticisms / suggestions for improvement:

-the mirrored backglass on the LE is gorgeous -- though you can only fully appreciate it when the game is turned off. Not a complaint, just saying.

- SO. MANY. SHOTS. I'm sure it's because I don't know what the hell I'm doing yet, but there are so many things to shoot for, it's almost overwhelming. Not a bad thing, especially for novice players, because you'll always successfully do something, even by accident.

- so many songs to choose from -- my family and I agree it'd be nice to have a Random Song option.

- the Mystery definitely needs some sorting out. Several times I was in multiball modes and balls got super stalled in the scoops because it was running a Mystery in the middle of the multiball. Other times, when I wasn't in a multiball, I'd drop it in the scoop to trigger Mystery -- but also happened to trigger Far Cry multiball, so it kicked it out unexpectedly quickly to start the multiball before it finished Mystery, and I was caught with my pants down (figuratively only) because I was watching the Mystery selection the screen. It should finish the mystery first and THEN start multiball.

- My daughter also pointed out (as others have) that the song should change back to your original selection when your specific multiball or mode is over, because otherwise it's hard to tell if it's over or not.

- Again, I have no idea what the hell im doing yet, and the game is way too fast to dare looking up at the screen, so I appreciate many of the callouts giving some instruction. Still, clearly I need to learn more about how to complete the modes. I felt like I was destroying some of the modes in that big game I just had, but the lights seemed to indicate that I'd completed only one.

- Speaking of the screen...others have mentioned this too ... there's a LOT going on up there and it's all very small. I think some tweaks might help.

- I would like it to not auto-launch when you sneak it back into the shooter lane under the upper right flipper. To me, that should be an earned pause and perhaps another attempt at a skill shot. What's the point of getting it in there if it just auto launches back out to the pops? Give me a chance to do something with it. I could understand auto-launch during multiball but not in single ball play.

Anyway I'm not unhappy AT ALL, I absolutely love it and look forward to figuring more of it out! Family's digging it too. My wife especially loves the VUK shot, she seems to be able to hit that consistently and repeatedly, which makes her feel accomplished, plus gives her a nice pause and a feed back to the flipper for the next shot.

One final thought, I was skeptical about some of the song choices but they're all awesome to play to so far!
20220219_200417 (resized).jpg20220219_200417 (resized).jpg

#719 2 years ago

Thank you for sharing!
I’ve really been wondering about that vuk shot.

#720 2 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

This has to be a temporary fix Stern came up with. I’ve been trying to get ahold of my distro to talk about it. It looks like the “fix” will destroy balls and prevent the ball from entering from the sides. I’m thinking about passing on this mess and getting deposit back on my LE.

Sorry to hear that you would pass based on this. In my experience, Stern always comes through with a solution in time. And rather than try to get your deposit back, I would take delivery boxed and then sell it and make a $2000 to $4000 profit.

#721 2 years ago

Re: ScoopGate, the "fixed" version is holding up fine on my LE so far (27 games total for the family), still seems to be plenty of entry angle despite the "forks". I only had one so far that floated by, tapped the fork, then went STDM.

#722 2 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Totally agree on this.....I posted the same thing earlier, when I first saw this "fix".

I hope cliffy/mantis come up w/ a better fix. I'm thinking of bailing out on my premium.

#723 2 years ago

Also had this happen twice so far. Luckily both times I had multiball going, so I was able to knock it out.

20220219_185012 (resized).jpg20220219_185012 (resized).jpg
#724 2 years ago

Thanks for the video link.

Love the Todd Tuckey videos, but I would never buy a pin from him with all of those clowns that work for him. Most of the time his videos are very informative, but sometimes his staff makes the video like a three stooges movie without the comedy.

#725 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

8 year old son got the inaugural game (though this pic is a few games later)
[quoted image]

Ok, no more excuses, get those barchettas done, you have a pin to test fit!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#726 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

phew, I had to sit down.
Wow.
This game is AMAZING. SO fun. The light show is incredible. Super fast, super flowy, so many things to hit. I finally started blowing things up in my last game before writing this and finished at 431M.
After about 10 games on our new LE -- the pinnacle of my pinball collecting journey -- (plus a handful among my family members) here are some praises along with some constructive criticisms / suggestions for improvement:
-the mirrored backglass on the LE is gorgeous -- though you can only fully appreciate it when the game is turned off. Not a complaint, just saying.
- SO. MANY. SHOTS. I'm sure it's because I don't know what the hell I'm doing yet, but there are so many things to shoot for, it's almost overwhelming. Not a bad thing, especially for novice players, because you'll always successfully do something, even by accident.
- so many songs to choose from -- my family and I agree it'd be nice to have a Random Song option.
- the Mystery definitely needs some sorting out. Several times I was in multiball modes and balls got super stalled in the scoops because it was running a Mystery in the middle of the multiball. Other times, when I wasn't in a multiball, I'd drop it in the scoop to trigger Mystery -- but also happened to trigger Far Cry multiball, so it kicked it out unexpectedly quickly to start the multiball before it finished Mystery, and I was caught with my pants down (figuratively only) because I was watching the Mystery selection the screen. It should finish the mystery first and THEN start multiball.
- My daughter also pointed out (as others have) that the song should change back to your original selection when your specific multiball or mode is over, because otherwise it's hard to tell if it's over or not.
- Again, I have no idea what the hell im doing yet, and the game is way too fast to dare looking up at the screen, so I appreciate many of the callouts giving some instruction. Still, clearly I need to learn more about how to complete the modes. I felt like I was destroying some of the modes in that big game I just had, but the lights seemed to indicate that I'd completed only one.
- Speaking of the screen...others have mentioned this too ... there's a LOT going on up there and it's all very small. I think some tweaks might help.
- I would like it to not auto-launch when you sneak it back into the shooter lane under the upper right flipper. To me, that should be an earned pause and perhaps another attempt at a skill shot. What's the point of getting it in there if it just auto launches back out to the pops? Give me a chance to do something with it. I could understand auto-launch during multiball but not in single ball play.
Anyway I'm not unhappy AT ALL, I absolutely love it and look forward to figuring more of it out! Family's digging it too. My wife especially loves the VUK shot, she seems to be able to hit that consistently and repeatedly, which makes her feel accomplished.
One final thought, I was skeptical about some of the song choices but they're all awesome to play to so far![quoted image]

Great review. Post a video when able.

#727 2 years ago

Just kidding, enjoy your new game, while I jealously await.

#728 2 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Well, let's not go crazy. You'd be walking away from a $4-$5k flip. If it bothers you, accept and flip it and put that extra dough towards another future Premium.

Otherwise if you keep it, Cliff will have protectors that don't include a pair of forklift forks. You can just get his. It's just a question of when he'll have his out.

#729 2 years ago

Folks have been asking for video on the LE, here's my 10-year-old daughter friggin CRUSHING IT.

You'll see some of those things I mentioned in my post above -- stalled balls during multiball due to Mystery, quick kickout of Mystery due to Far Cry starting, and even the ball getting stuck on the ramp of the time machine.

She finished with 228M that game!

#730 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Totally agree on this.....I posted the same thing earlier, when I first saw this "fix".
I hope cliffy/mantis come up w/ a better fix. I'm thinking of bailing out on my premium.

No hope of an inside mantis fix because it's way too narrow inside. That, plus as the unprotected machines have shown, that top surface needs to be covered or there is some nasty art and clear chipping off in very short order.

Help Us Cliff Rinear.gifHelp Us Cliff Rinear.gif
#731 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just kidding, enjoy your new game, while I jealousy await.

you and I both man!

#732 2 years ago

JJP Gnr has a scoop in the middle, that gets hit repeatedly, with no issues.

I'll be getting a full playfield protector for mine why they are made.

#733 2 years ago

Everyone needs to chill out about the scoop protector. I feel like PinMonk has a pitchfork and a torch ready. Grab a beer and go print some 3D brackets. It may help you cool down.

Don’t ask me how I know, but this scoop protector on the LE is not the final revision. The final is in the works. Stern will get it sorted out.

R-E-L-A-X

#734 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Re: ScoopGate, the "fixed" version is holding up fine on my LE so far (27 games total for the family), still seems to be plenty of entry angle despite the "forks". I only had one so far that floated by, tapped the fork, then went STDM.

The game is great fun - I am really enjoying it. I need to go back and read the rules as I am not sure what I am doing but it is fun and the music is great. I haven't seen an issue with the scoop fix blocking the ball yet. I got it all hooked up to insider connected no issues this time. I guess it was a lot easier the second time around (GZ being the first).

#735 2 years ago

Now that we shut it down for the night, the mirrored backglass can finally be appreciated-- this pic doesn't do it justice but it's the best I could do for now.

20220219_214930 (resized).jpg20220219_214930 (resized).jpg
#736 2 years ago
Quoted from cataylox:

you and I both man!

U buy from Jordan?

#737 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Everyone needs to chill out about the scoop protector. I feel like PinMonk has a pitchfork and a torch ready. Grab a beer and go print some 3D brackets. It may help you cool down.
Don’t ask me how I know, but this scoop protector on the LE is not the final revision. The final is in the works. Stern will get it sorted out.
R-E-L-A-X

I hope you are correct in that this is just a band aid stern came up with to keep the games going out the door. The way the fix is now definitely stops ball from entering scoop on the left and right. I really would like to see some gameplay of how the ball reacts hitting the forks.

#738 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

U buy from Jordan?

yes, Next Level is the best. It's only 2000 miles from Chicago, Dear Elon Musk we need faster trucks.

#739 2 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

I hope you are correct in that this is just a band aid stern came up with to keep the games going out the door. The way the fix is now definitely stops ball from entering scoop on the left and right. I really would like to see some gameplay of how the ball reacts hitting the forks.

Correct

#740 2 years ago

Unboxing mine now. I’ll let you know how the scoop is.

996F396D-574C-4A7D-9D26-32925552B178 (resized).jpeg996F396D-574C-4A7D-9D26-32925552B178 (resized).jpegD3FDB513-8D66-4D6F-AB25-BCF88ED0CC0B (resized).jpegD3FDB513-8D66-4D6F-AB25-BCF88ED0CC0B (resized).jpeg
#741 2 years ago
85303CD6-1003-4324-AB78-64501361D8EE (resized).jpeg85303CD6-1003-4324-AB78-64501361D8EE (resized).jpeg
#742 2 years ago
44D73B8E-7088-442C-92BD-1A39E3BF278C (resized).jpeg44D73B8E-7088-442C-92BD-1A39E3BF278C (resized).jpeg
#743 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Everyone needs to chill out about the scoop protector. I feel like PinMonk has a pitchfork and a torch ready.

For apparently untested engineering and then a half-assed replacement when the consequences of no protection are so dire? Yep, that's me, Mr. Pitchfork. This should not be happening at this scale when we have a history of machines with this same issue and the problem has been overcome.

#744 2 years ago

Yeah, but we get it man. Enough. You’re killing my buzz.

#745 2 years ago
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#746 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Yeah, but we get it man. Enough. You’re killing my buzz.

What # did you get? Cabinet looks amazing!!!

#747 2 years ago

#748 2 years ago

So jealous myself! Is there a first LE that crossed the canadian border yet ? We deserve it ! Canada is Rush native land after all. Thanks all for the sharing.

#749 2 years ago

This is kind of like an unboxing stream. Just totally different….

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#750 2 years ago

It still amazes me how much Stern oversaturates their promo pics...That LE cabinet is glorious!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
There are 17,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 357.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/15?hl=motorcitypinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.