20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg
20240319_194051 (resized).jpg
IMG_5172 (resized).jpeg
20240313_124509 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_232015126 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230406999 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,847 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 357.
#7851 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

51 years old and have seen many of van airbrush art, I agree

If I’m not mistaken, their first tour van I believe, had some airbrush art on it. It would make sense to work that style into the art package, if that’s the case.

Who doesn’t enjoy good airbrush art on a van? I may have just aged myself, lol.

#7852 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

If I’m not mistaken, their first tour van I believe, had some airbrush art on it. It would make sense to work that style into the art package, if that’s the case.

I have seen some awesome van art for sure. Back then air brush was king.

#7853 1 year ago

Here are the deluxe speaker lights from speakerlights.com. I love them. Definitely worth the money. Look like spinning cds.

Also can any of you post what you have EQ settings at for the speakers and sub? Can’t quiet get it dialed in. I am running an external sub also using the pinnovators external sub kit.

#7854 1 year ago

One of those nights .Scoop protector ,ESL mod,TM lights ,clean/wax and a new complete set of titan purples .Changing out the complete rubber set is no joke on this pin but I love the purple .I think 7 hours all together which all in all wasn’t bad .One bad thing when I turned it on my half ass wax job was on full display .I was in a RUSH to play a few before getting back to Stranger Things .This pin plays so fing fast after a wax the flow is unreal

30DE4F58-CC53-4A4E-8F2A-B00F6DA9FF8F (resized).jpeg30DE4F58-CC53-4A4E-8F2A-B00F6DA9FF8F (resized).jpeg37CE90DC-08D4-4B7E-8EE1-8EB2517E896D (resized).jpeg37CE90DC-08D4-4B7E-8EE1-8EB2517E896D (resized).jpeg
#7855 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The problem IS the ball’s location- not the switch adjustment.

Well, in my case then, adjusting the switch fixed the ball's location.

#7856 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Wow - what a long and confusing (and misleading!) post.
A stuck switch is not an “always closed” switch - you simply had a stuck switch due to your actuator.

Begging your pardon, but a “stuck” switch is indeed “always closed” until one gets it “unstuck”. I don’t see anything misleading about that.
C8DB21A4-BBB0-4D4F-8395-85990199912C (resized).pngC8DB21A4-BBB0-4D4F-8395-85990199912C (resized).png

#7857 1 year ago

I see a lot of people suggesting a spinning drum kit as a potential topper idea - I like the idea of a drum topper, but how about Neil's hockey drums??

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7858 1 year ago
Quoted from texas_compadre:

Begging your pardon, but a “stuck” switch is indeed “always closed” until one gets it “unstuck”. I don’t see anything misleading about that.
[quoted image]

One is by design… one is a temporary impairment. You don’t change a switch type by making it stuck or not.

You go on and on about your your tests and ‘discoveries’ and could have just said ‘found out my switch wasn’t opening and i needed to adjust the actuator’

Something btw you could have seen just using the switch test. You should have been lead down that path immediately when you checked the action manually and got zero switch level changes.

You go on and on building a case to debunk other people’s experience with the design by referring to your steps… which were borked from the get go… throwing parts at something while skipping basic troubleshooting.

#7859 1 year ago

[quoted image]

He was reading your post literally. There is indeed no such thing as an "always closed" switch. That would basically be a piece of wire. In your case a "normally open" switch was simply stuck closed.

These switches have basically been the same for decades aside from the improvement of rounding the actuator wire where it is above the playfield. That has two effects. The first is the switch allows the ball to roll over more easily; more importantly the round wire holds the switch closed a split second longer giving a better chance to register.

I've never seen a new, uninstalled switch read closed on a meter, but I will assume it was somehow bent or damaged or simply needed to be actuated a few dozen times and broken in by hand to loosen up. Also, a switch that is closed when installed is either not centered in the slot properly and dragging the edge of the playfield or the actuator wire is not adjusted properly. Either way none of these anecdotal findings from your game has anything to do with the problem in this Rush loop.

Microswitches basically have two different ways of adjusting. First is to bend the wire so it sticks up out of the playfield further. Normally this is not recommended because it does NOTHING to make the switch more sensitive. It simply makes the wire stick up further so it gets depressed further (and maybe register an airball as a result). The second way to adjust the switch is to bend the wire (or adjust the switch body position) below the playfield closer to the little button on the switch body. Adjusting it one way or the other here doesn't affect how far the switch sticks up out of the playfield at all. It adjusts the sensitivity of the switch. Adjusting it too far one way and the switch will be always closed. Adjust it too far the other and the switch will not register even if pushed all the way down level with the playfield. Get it just right and the switch will register even on really fast rollovers. Rather than bending, this can more easily be accomplished by loosening the screws and adjusting the position of the switch body itself on switches that have oblong holes.

#7860 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

My posts on both sides were set in the bottom holes from the factory.

Quoted from konjurer:

My Pro shipped with the post in the lowest (narrowest) position. But the lanes are still vicious drain monsters.

Hmm I wonder if the setting is arbitrary, like the way it's set at the factory just depends on who has setup the machine or if Stern did indeed change the factory settings for the post. Mine was one of the first to be sold and it has them high up. Ok thanks, I'm gonna change mine to be lower.

#7861 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Ok on to the chattery shooter lane issue. I noticed that on each plunge, as soon as the ball exits the carved out channel, it drifts slightly to the right, close to the outer wall of the shooter lane. Then, it shifts back left as it "falls into" the cutout for the switch. This redirection then causes it to end up all over the place further up the shooter lane.
My playfield is very level so I'm not sure what's causing that initial drift to the right, perhaps the end of the channel isn't even? I played with shooter rod alignment a little (there's really not as much play available there as I'd hoped) but that didn't seem to help.
Any thoughts / suggestions?

Quoted from epeabs:

I just installed Ninjacamps initial inner loop fix on my shooter lane. Since doing so, with many soft plunges, I have not had one shooter lane ball issue since installation. To me, this fix works very well for the ball wobble issue. It clips onto the left wire form just prior to the shooter lane entering the playfield. Its a bit hard to see from the picture.
[quoted image]

I ordered the soft plunge corrector / shooter lane fix (reference https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06740-rush-inner-loop-assist-amp-soft-plunge-corrector) ... I was a little skeptical, but based on the recommendations I gave it a shot. It absolutely fixed the sloppy shooter lane chatter 100%! Well made, literally a snap to install, and you don't even see it from the player's position. Played three games this morning to test it out and didn't have ball chatter a single time. I'm impressed! Thanks NC!

#7862 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

He was reading your post literally. There is indeed no such thing as an "always closed" switch. That would basically be a piece of wire. In your case a "normally open" switch was simply stuck closed.

I'm not sure what you guys are arguing - that you know electronics terminology better than I do? Fine. I'm very proud of you. My point was (and still is) that the Rush inner orbit switch not registering is NOT an "airball" issue, but a switch issue. That was the case with my game, and that will be the case with any game. With the switch adjusted correctly, the rollover registers 100% of the time without fail, no matter how fast the ball passes through the orbit, no matter how high the upper right flipper strength is set. It is, of course, up to the game owner to decide whether to throw money at the erroneous "airball" hypothesis or make the needed adjustments to the stock switch and its placement.

#7863 1 year ago
FB_IMG_1657211788061 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1657211788061 (resized).jpg
#7864 1 year ago

Double Diddys:

DSC00828 (resized).JPGDSC00828 (resized).JPG
DSC00834 (resized).JPGDSC00834 (resized).JPG
DSC00848 (resized).JPGDSC00848 (resized).JPG

#7865 1 year ago

With the switch adjusted correctly, the rollover registers 100% of the time without fail, no matter how fast the ball passes through the orbit, no matter how high the upper right flipper strength is set.

You might be unreachable, but I’ll try one more time:

When the ball goes fast enough, it rides the top of the rail and misses the switch. You can fix this by disrupting the ball path at that point. I used felt, but more elegant and permanent solutions exist. Once you’ve ripped that loop a few times in a row, you’ll understand what we’re all talking about. If you don’t experience the problem, congrats! You can sit back and be smug about it, but the rest of us need the fix.

#7866 1 year ago

You know, I think it finally dawned on me the other day, one of the many things I truly love about this game. A lot of games, during multiball modes, it's just too chaotic and you often need to trap up to get things under control and plan out your shots. I play that way when I have to, but I usually like to just let 'em fly. Rush works perfectly for the let-em-fly style, largely because many of the shots are so LONG -- you can use the long shots very intentionally as a way to 'stall' the ball without having to trap up. For example, the right ramp or the VUK will take a ball off the playfield and 'out of play' for a few seconds, or the spinner shot will stall it at the bend before it rolls down to the upper flipper, or the right orbit will swing it all the way around and stall it in the pops -- all of these shots work beautifully to clear balls out of the way of shot paths and help you take time to line up your next shot with a different ball.

Multiball play on this game is amazing, with awesome action and beautiful flow, where skilled players can 'multitask' their way to success.

Man, I love this game.

#7867 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Multiball play on this game is amazing, with awesome action and beautiful flow, where skilled players can 'multitask' their way to success.

This is one of the reasons I sold JP. If you flail or miss a lot in MB, that ball is coming right back to you, or blocking the path of your next shot. Rush MBs are very enjoyable.

#7868 1 year ago

You guys make me want Rush, just sayin.
I'll see myself out...

#7869 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

You know, I think it finally dawned on me the other day, one of the many things I truly love about this game. A lot of games, during multiball modes, it's just too chaotic and you often need to trap up to get things under control and plan out your shots. I play that way when I have to, but I usually like to just let 'em fly. Rush works perfectly for the let-em-fly style, largely because many of the shots are so LONG -- you can use the long shots very intentionally as a way to 'stall' the ball without having to trap up. For example, the right ramp or the VUK will take a ball off the playfield and 'out of play' for a few seconds, or the spinner shot will stall it at the bend before it rolls down to the upper flipper, or the right orbit will swing it all the way around and stall it in the pops -- all of these shots work beautifully to clear balls out of the way of shot paths and help you take time to line up your next shot with a different ball.

My sentiments exactly. I find myself almost never trapping on multiballs for this reason. And one of my faves is to "thread the pop bumper needle" from the right flipper around the left orbit and just hold the right flipper up, which almost always plants the orbiting ball into the top scoop. Great flow.

#7870 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

one of my faves is to "thread the pop bumper needle" from the right flipper around the left orbit and just hold the right flipper up, which almost always plants the orbiting ball into the top scoop.

Yes!! I love doing this and use it all the time.

#7871 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Once you’ve ripped that loop a few times in a row, you’ll understand what we’re all talking about.

I have ripped that loop many, many times since repairing the faulty switch, and it now registers 100% of the time without fail, without exception. So yes, I guess I'm "unreachable" by someone trying to convince me that what I'm seeing and experiencing isn't really happening because the ball is "riding the top of the rail and missing the switch." The ball is NOT riding the top of the rail and missing the switch. I could post video to prove the ball is NOT riding the top of the rail and missing the switch, but I'm obviously not going to be able to get the Jell-O nailed to the wall here. Enjoy your piece of felt you've glued in or whatever it is.

#7872 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

My sentiments exactly. I find myself almost never trapping on multiballs for this reason. And one of my faves is to "thread the pop bumper needle" from the right flipper around the left orbit and just hold the right flipper up, which almost always plants the orbiting ball into the top scoop. Great flow.

Still trying to work on my timing so I can make that same orbit and yet also come off the flipper onto the left ramp, or the inner loop, as needed, but it's tough to see that ball coming around to time it right. That shot combo is kicking my ass right now.

#7873 1 year ago

I have ripped that loop many, many times since repairing the faulty switch, and it now registers 100% of the time without fail, without exception. So yes, I guess I'm "unreachable" by someone trying to convince me that what I'm seeing and experiencing isn't really happening because the ball is "riding the top of the rail and missing the switch." The ball is NOT riding the top of the rail and missing the switch. I could post video to prove the ball is NOT riding the top of the rail and missing the switch, but I'm obviously not going to be able to get the Jell-O nailed to the wall here. Enjoy your piece of felt you've glued in or whatever it is.

Show us your video. I've got marks on the metal that would say that my ball is riding up the wall. Your experience may be different. But don't come in all high and mighty like you have the only solution, and nobody else could possibly have a different experience. Just don't.

#7874 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You guys make me want Rush, just sayin.
I'll see myself out...

0652EC1C-9CF1-48FD-92C3-1B360CD43A01 (resized).jpeg0652EC1C-9CF1-48FD-92C3-1B360CD43A01 (resized).jpeg
#7875 1 year ago

Added mods today. ESL mod arrived today after I finished. Never thought I would own a RUSH let alone an LE. Was never a fan of the band. Traded my EHOH for it and don’t miss it. The wife and kids love RUSH also.

Will Stern release a shooter rod or topper? Mando still doesn’t have a topper.

#7876 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Man, I love this game.

"Multiball flow". It's why I loved LOTR and Spider-Man so much. So much fun to play like that. Haven't put a lot of games on RUSH w/latest code but played Cygnus X-1, Book I tonight and it was flat out amazing.

Screen Shot 2022-07-09 at 11.14.32 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-07-09 at 11.14.32 PM (resized).png
#7877 1 year ago

Annnnnd. Node 10 blown.. ok.. start the clock.. emailed stern Today. Any bets on ETA for replacement?

AE604333-7C23-4CDE-A831-59AEB78C7BE4 (resized).jpegAE604333-7C23-4CDE-A831-59AEB78C7BE4 (resized).jpeg
#7878 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

Stern sent me a new Node 10 board after contacting distributor. Easy swap but remember to set the dip switches to match old board. Fixed it. Its impossible to fix old board. The chip cooked.

Curious.. is there a rev number on your board? Mine produced in May just went nuclear as well

#7879 1 year ago

All this talk and we still have not got 2112 Wizard mode yet ……I wonder what they’re up to I will buy any pin sight unseen as long as these 2 are coding ! God I miss my LZ

#7880 1 year ago

I've had my premium for about 4 days now and really love it. A special thanks to Pinsider Visitor Q for upgrading me from a pro to premiun at a really good price.
Here's a shot of the dog I added. Backlit drops should be here in a week and I'll post a pic if successful.
Thanks again Pinsider Q and Dave at Pinball Dudes.

PXL_20220709_171851550 (resized).jpgPXL_20220709_171851550 (resized).jpgPXL_20220709_172740728 (resized).jpgPXL_20220709_172740728 (resized).jpg
#7881 1 year ago

BTW- dog available from Rocket City Pinball

#7882 1 year ago
Quoted from orangedude71:

Annnnnd. Node 10 blown.. ok.. start the clock.. emailed stern Today. Any bets on ETA for replacement?
[quoted image]

More like “stop the clock (and ramp)”. I think Stern is pretty fast now with these. I had to wait a month, but it was only because they didn’t have any in stock.

What code were you running? This probably blows my theory about it only happening with early code.

#7883 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

More like “stop the clock (and ramp)”. I think Stern is pretty fast now with these. I had to wait a month, but it was only because they didn’t have any in stock.

Stern and fast, can’t be used in same sentence, unless you’re describing some game play.

Still pending my spinner replacement, after notifying them and my distributor on May 31st, including contacting them the past couple of weeks for an update. They still give out the generic response, each one almost being word for word.

Glad you guys are starting to get your board replacements.

#7884 1 year ago

My Node 10 came 4 days after I told my distributor. I sent pictures.

#7885 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

What code were you running? This probably blows my theory about it only happening with early code.

Running .97. I think it arrived in may with .94

#7886 1 year ago
Quoted from orangedude71:

[quoted image]

This Tuesday will be 6 weeks since notifying Stern with diagram and photo's regarding "Lower Center" and "3-Bank" LED boards. While not a Node 10 situation, one can only hope things pick-up.

20220528_RUSH LED flashers out (resized).jpg20220528_RUSH LED flashers out (resized).jpg
#7887 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

This Tuesday will be 6 weeks since notifying Stern with diagram and photo's regarding "Lower Center" and "3-Bank" LED boards. While not a Node 10 situation, one can only hope things pick-up.
[quoted image]

The few times I've had an issue, sterns reply was to go thru your distributor. Have you contacted them to handle it? Hope it gets resolved fast , sucks looking at an unplayable game

#7888 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Did someone say Rush van art?
https://archer.fandom.com/wiki/Krieger%27s_Van

Rush Van (resized).jpgRush Van (resized).jpg
#7889 1 year ago

I can confirm that my Rush Premium is not registering the loop shot most of the time. I'm going to start with the airball preventer and go from there with solutions as needed.

This seems to be a problem on most Rush games produced. Hard to believe they didn't catch this in the pre-production process.

#7890 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I can confirm that my Rush Premium is not registering the loop shot most of the time. I'm going to start with the airball preventer and go from there with solutions as needed.
This seems to be a problem on most Rush games produced. Hard to believe they didn't catch this in the pre-production process.

I'm not surprised. My LE hasn't had this problem...hard to know how many suffer from this issue.

I'm more concerned about the Node 10 failures, since the fix is more costly and I'm not sure there is an explanation from Stern about what causes it. Hopefully it's just buggy boards and not something external to the boards that is causing the failure.

#7891 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The few times I've had an issue, sterns reply was to go thru your distributor. Have you contacted them to handle it? Hope it gets resolved fast , sucks looking at an unplayable game

Just received a reply from Stern on my node 10 board confirming that I need to go through the distributor. So agree that seems to be the process

#7892 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

[quoted image]

I had that exact same problem. I reseated all the node board connections, didn’t help. Then I reseated the LED board connectors, and the problem went away (and has not returned in 4 months).

#7893 1 year ago

Love this game. I sold my Pro to pickup a Prem/LE. Now, I’m waiting to see a resolution of the Node 10 issues on these. I’m particularly reluctant to buy a used game (LE) given this issue. Forcing everyone through a distributor for repairs diminishes the value of used games, especially those with design defects like the Node 10 issues in Rush.

#7894 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Love this game. I sold my Pro to pickup a Prem/LE. Now, I’m waiting to see a resolution of the Node 10 issues on these. I’m particularly reluctant to buy a used game (LE) given this issue. Forcing everyone through a distributor for repairs diminishes the value of used games, especially those with design defects like the Node 10 issues in Rush.

My distributor is saying that most likely is either the stepper motor of the ramp or the stepper motor of the clock that takes out the board. They’re recommending when I get the new board to Plug in the stepper motors individually to confirm if it’s one or the other before nuking another board

#7895 1 year ago

Is it possible that it's a timing thing where if both the ramp and clock stepper motors operate at the same time they can overload and take out the node board?

#7896 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

But don't come in all high and mighty like you have the only solution, and nobody else could possibly have a different experience. Just don't.

I don't generally take orders on how I "come in". Are you the admin of this forum? If so, feel free to kick me out.

#7897 1 year ago

I don't generally take orders on how I "come in". Are you the admin of this forum? If so, feel free to kick me out.

Texan confirmed.

#7898 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

BTW- dog available from Rocket City Pinball

Awesome mod as is the Rabbit and the 3D start button.

29B537F3-55B1-4BFF-A112-BF0854FE42C8 (resized).png29B537F3-55B1-4BFF-A112-BF0854FE42C8 (resized).png714B9316-4F81-4649-9B25-2BB62D38160C (resized).png714B9316-4F81-4649-9B25-2BB62D38160C (resized).png7EEA86F6-4899-4955-A837-237BF9F6D3D8 (resized).png7EEA86F6-4899-4955-A837-237BF9F6D3D8 (resized).png96B2C2B0-249C-4657-851C-4A9E424DEE8E (resized).jpeg96B2C2B0-249C-4657-851C-4A9E424DEE8E (resized).jpegCE607619-3F41-4BC2-8803-274366F07832 (resized).jpegCE607619-3F41-4BC2-8803-274366F07832 (resized).jpeg
#7899 1 year ago

Curious to know if anyone has this very minor issue - when The Spirit of Radio song mode is active, the corresponding blue "song planet" does not light. All the other song planets light up when their particular song is active. The bulb isn't faulty as the blue will light up at other times during game play. Not really a big deal - just curious to see if others have noticed or if it's just my machine.

#7900 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

My pro table with a 4/20/22 manufacture date (hehe!!) had the outlane posts in the hardest setting. FYI.

Which one is actually considered the hardest setting?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com
Unisex
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 430.00
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Rubber/Silicone
NinjaCamp Mods
Rubber/Silicone
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
8,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, NH
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,847 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 357.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/158 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.