IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 358.
#651 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-aftermarket-metal-scoop-protectors-#post-6783538
This guy is always right on with his Comments, sounds like hopefully this is fixed

Remember the issues we had with the magic spinner on our zeppelin LE? It all worked out. I look at it as we are lucky to get our hands on the top tier version of the game first. Sure we are kinda like Guinea pigs for Stern. We play the game and issues happen. Stern has always come up with a fix quickly for us. I can’t wait for my Rush LE to get here and looking forward to buying many more LE pins from them.

#652 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

I'd assume a flat clamp plate could be stamped out a helluva lot quicker, locally, and en masse than design and bending a new scoop likely over seas. But you know as much as I do, so we're all guessing at this point!

protectors are cnc cut and just bent on a simple brake - or even done with sheers and hand tools - no special tooling per part needed. That's why a guy in his house in CA can pump them out on short notice. Of course he doesn't scale.. but that's because it's not a manufacturing shop. And the second most popular guy does it in his small business shop.

Stamping parts custom dies be made, and of course the press to make them. Slower startup, more expensive, but higher volume.

I'm sure Stern probably has someone in their zipcode making them - not needing china

Now if Stern would ever give us the parts.. we can see how they perform.

#653 2 years ago

Well wtf ever

#654 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I'm always surprised that any Americans know the Tragically Hip.

Discovered them at college in 1990. Hooked ever since. Seen them live more than any other band. Played Ahead by a Century at my wedding. Have some good friends in Kingston. Still not over Downie's death. #RIPGord

#655 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Are there no concerns for those tips scratching and marring the balls up?

That’s exactly what I was thinking!
Unimpressed
I have an LE coming myself

#656 2 years ago

Ordered a Premium today! I watched the 2010 movie “Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage”, and that pushed me over the edge. It’s a must-see for folks in this club.

Initially I was thinking Pro, which is great itself. The things that lured me to the Premium were (in order of importance):

- ball lock behind the drops
- dual kickouts from the subway
- cabinet art
- VUK

The Time Machine ramp concerns me a little bit. I hope the mech for raising and lowering it is well-designed and robust. Probably gonna be just fine.

#657 2 years ago

Since this is the Official thread and I was asked to follow up on this post, I decided to copy it here so I can reference it as well. If you were following that, you might (maybe?) remember me.

I just paid my LE invoice and should receive it next week. Like I said in the other thread, when we get it set up over there, I will take a picture of us saying hi:

" I'm looking forward to my LE as well, but my buddy and I are actually going to take it to my uncle's house for a while once it arrives. He got me into Rush when I was young, he has seen Rush 30+ times and always wears a Rush shirt everytime you see him, but he recently suffered multiple strokes and thought he would love this pin while he recovers.

He has to have physical therapy several times a week, on medication the rest of his life, and is on medical leave from work, but we didn't lose him, so thought this would be great for him to enjoy while going through this. My nurse friend said it would be good for his coordination recovery too.

He totally flipped out when I told him, and we're really close, so it's a great feeling. He's been watching videos constantly because he is so excited lol. Maybe he'll give it back to me someday lol. Can't wait to play it though! "

He is going to literally flip out. It's a good feeling! I will post some follow ups, and he said thank you to everyone here when I shared all the kind words and responses from you all. It meant a lot to him, really.

Thanks again for all the positivity and support.

#658 2 years ago

Here he is a year ago just chillin out. He's totally crazy about Rush for decades and loves pinball (he took me to places so we could play when I was younger), so this is literally a dream for him.

IMG_0087 (resized).jpgIMG_0087 (resized).jpg

#659 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Discovered them at college in 1990. Hooked ever since. Seen them live more than any other band. Played Ahead by a Century at my wedding. Have some good friends in Kingston. Still not over Downie's death. #RIPGord

Gord had the same cancer that got Neil Peart…I loved seeing The Hip in the US, could get right up front here while in Canada they are playing to sold out arenas. I managed to see them 6 times on the final tour including Kingston.

#660 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Nice

Tragically Hip aren't well known outside Canada. I've probably seen them a dozen times - they even used to play at the Queens University bar. Sad about Gord for sure. We had a outdoor viewing of the last show on our street, a bunch of us set up a projector. What a night.

#661 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

Gord had the same cancer that got Neil Peart…I loved seeing The Hip in the US, could get right up front here while in Canada they are playing to sold out arenas. I managed to see them 6 times on the final tour including Kingston.

Nice!

I couldn't get tickets to that last show. Sold out so fast.

#662 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I'm always surprised that any Americans know the Tragically Hip.

I'm actually Canadian...from Victoria. Live in Indiana now...

#663 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Beautiful
And I love the Tragically Hip also, I'm originally from Kingston!

The Hip are my favorite band for sure.

#664 2 years ago

What's the best Rush LP? I'm jamming out to these tunes and want to grab some vinyl to get into the deep cuts

#665 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I wonder if that's a temporary fix because Stern support just emailed me this today, apparently they are still working on a final fix.[quoted image]

Has anyone tried bending the part back and using this suggestion of taping the side tabs down as a temporary fix? Was hoping to play the machine this weekend and avoid opening it up to bend it back every few hours.

#666 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

What's the best Rush LP? I'm jamming out to these tunes and want to grab some vinyl to get into the deep cuts

They're all so different as they experimented with different sounds, time signatures, themes, etc. But my favorite range is Rush to Signals. 2112 to Hemispheres is going to be where all the deep cuts are probably located.

Check out https://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/index.php for a lot of Rush info.

#667 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Boy, that's a tuff one!
The early vinyl, would be great to have.
Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres and Permanent waves are all great
And there's some really good songs on side B of 2112 that rarely get radio play, Like Lessons

Its "all" good stuff!

#668 2 years ago
Quoted from Fussa71:

Boy, that's a tuff one!
The early vinyl, would be great to have.
Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres and Permanent waves are all great
And there's some really good songs on side B of 2112 that rarely get radio play, Like Lessons
Its "all" good stuff!

That's the stuff I want!!

#669 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

Ah gotcha

Definitely a top 10 band for me. Theme songs for so many parties at school LOL.

Quoted from Deez:

I absolutely love Counterparts (my favorite) but I think most people will point to older stuff (2112, Moving Pictures etc).

#670 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I never know what to suggest when getting to know their music. Most people I know (including myself) started with Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves and Signals, then went to the older stuff, then went to the newer stuff.

#671 2 years ago

Due to the unusual popularity of Madonna in the RUSH thread I have made a scratch n sniff mod available fits to the right of shooter lane

8FEF3C9A-FF85-49D6-BCB9-B3FAB5146F80 (resized).jpeg8FEF3C9A-FF85-49D6-BCB9-B3FAB5146F80 (resized).jpeg
#672 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

Oh man that is tough, Victoria to Indiana! That is like going from Malibu to Detroit.

#673 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Agree scoop was rough on location but didn’t find the shots to be clunky at all.
Do you have one on order?
Sorry you found it disappointing.

No, I decided to put my money towards a Godzilla premium. In every new pin, it seems these very early pros have a lot of variation from game to game. Like I said, I just think the game I played needed some small tweaks to it. Ramps were fine but the loops and orbits would bounce around and get caught up a lot. It takes awhile for the workers to get the hang of building new games. But the defective switches happen way too often. Stern switches and coil stops, ugh.

#674 2 years ago

I was surprised to find that I didn’t own a single Rush album or CD, even though I’ve seen them 3 times. But I’m making up for lost time.

#675 2 years ago

I absolutely love Counterparts (my favorite) but I think most people will point to older stuff (2112, Moving Pictures etc).

Counterparts is AWESOME
I saw them front row In blooming Illinois for that tour!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#676 2 years ago

Wish the Camera Eye was the “crank it up” mode in Rush.
Shot objectives shift with transitions on the track.
Would have been glorious!!

#677 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

For an all around mix of Rush material, go with Chronicles. You can find it on vinyl, CDs a little easier. Good mix of their main known, and some off the wall favorites. I’ve gone through 3 copies of Chronicles throughout time, a great go to when you can’t decide which album to listen to.

#678 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Wish the Camera Eye was the “crank it up” mode in Rush.
Shot objectives shift with transitions on the track.
Would have been glorious!!

I think it’s the most missed song on the pinball machine. I’ll never forget seeing them play it live, the crowd went wild!

Next biggest misses IMO.
The body electric
Roll the bones
The enemy within

#679 2 years ago

Cmon you le guys, let's see some vid of game play. How's the new scoop working?

#680 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Due to the unusual popularity of Madonna in the RUSH thread I have made a scratch n sniff mod available fits to the right of shooter lane
[quoted image]

Is that really Madonna bung ?

#681 2 years ago

If so I change my mind she gets a pin !

#682 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Oh man that is tough, Victoria to Indiana! That is like going from Malibu to Detroit.

And what’s wrong with the Hoosier state ? Low taxes ,lots of food and if your lucky your wife will change the color of her hair every other week ! You know ,keep things fresh

#683 2 years ago

Tonight I hit the lotto !!!

8006B618-5447-425D-997E-521224BC03D8 (resized).jpeg8006B618-5447-425D-997E-521224BC03D8 (resized).jpeg
#684 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Exactly. Need some first impressions.
Come on LE owners - what the VUK!?

#685 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

As much as I want to see that too, I understand how difficult it is unless you’ve got a streaming setup, or a third hand to hold the camera. Streams will come next week I’m sure, once more people take delivery. Coyohtay will do an awesome stream when theirs arrives.

#686 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Exactly. Need some first impressions.

I’m going there Sunday morning to pick that one up .I told him to ride it dirty ! I’m hoping he does also and post gameplay .Let me see if I can get him to

#687 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Exactly. I’d be a few beers in already.

A show of hands, please

#688 2 years ago

only 1 le delivered so far or 2 ?

#689 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

only 1 le delivered so far or 2 ?

Nuthin here yet, but ,distro says it's shipped.

#690 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Moving Pictures!

#691 2 years ago

I’d say start with 2112, moving pictures, and Permanent waves. Those are the most widely accessible albums without getting too “progressive” as some may say. You can then branch out from there.

#692 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

The scoop on Rush is about 1’ closer than my Kiss, I played some games tonight and the blows are about the same. Hopefully these new protectors are shipped prompt.[quoted image]

I actually removed my KISS scoop and live with the minimal damage. The scoop protector results in lots of bogus rejects.

If Borg wants to use such tight holes, he/they should bezel the opening to accommodate a really sweet (i.e. thick) protector. It's called integration...engineering the PF for protection! Hard to believe in 2022, pinball companies can't even get this level of improvement implemented. Instead, we are left with the problem to either solve or ignore...sigh.

IMG_0496 (resized).jpegIMG_0496 (resized).jpeg
#693 2 years ago

I installed Kerry Stair’s protector in my Metallica scoop when I first got it. It’s held up really well for 9 years of play.

[edit: I see it’s time to replace that post rubber, lol]

4A6BCFEC-378D-4CF3-BEDB-347020B8C254 (resized).jpeg4A6BCFEC-378D-4CF3-BEDB-347020B8C254 (resized).jpeg84EBCFB0-94EF-4EE3-BF10-36D1027C51B4 (resized).jpeg84EBCFB0-94EF-4EE3-BF10-36D1027C51B4 (resized).jpeg

#694 2 years ago

Soooo, I hear the new scoop protector is out… anybody with pics of what it looks like and how it solves the current issue… if it does…

#695 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I actually removed my KISS scoop and live with the minimal damage. The scoop protector results in lots of bogus rejects.
If Borg wants to use such tight holes, he/they should bezel the opening to accommodate a really sweet (i.e. thick) protector. It's called integration...engineering the PF for protection! Hard to believe in 2022, pinball companies can't even get this level of improvement implemented. Instead, we are left with the problem to either solve or ignore...sigh.
[quoted image]

This is ill-advised for Rush. Unlike KISS, Rush seems to have extremely minimal clear paired with art adhesion issues. There are some NASTY damage pictures after less than 200 plays. You will not have the same experience as KISS on a Rush missing a protector.

#696 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Soooo, I hear the new scoop protector is out… anybody with pics of what it looks like and how it solves the current issue… if it does…

Their "solution" is comically bad. This is it. Clip the "wings" off existing stock, add thick forklift forks to the posts to keep the top surface from lifting.

Cliff will be extremely busy.

rush_stern_scoop2 (resized).jpgrush_stern_scoop2 (resized).jpg

#697 2 years ago

It has landed... Looks great!

IMG_1171 (resized).jpegIMG_1171 (resized).jpegIMG_1173 (resized).jpegIMG_1173 (resized).jpegIMG_1175 (resized).jpegIMG_1175 (resized).jpegIMG_1177 (resized).jpegIMG_1177 (resized).jpegIMG_1178 (resized).jpegIMG_1178 (resized).jpeg
#698 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Their "solution" is comically bad. This is it. Clip the "wings" off existing stock, add thick forklift forks to the posts to keep the top surface from lifting.
Cliff will be extremely busy.
[quoted image]

I guess we will soon know

#699 2 years ago

@marksf123: That’s an amazing line-up. Congrats on getting your Rush LE!
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on gameplay & the new scoop protector.

#700 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

It has landed... Looks great!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Amaing collection and that Rush LE fits in perfectly

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/14?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.