IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 358.
#7401 1 year ago

I honestly am shocked Rush doesn't rate higher on Pinside. The rules for the game are amazing and the second wizard mode is incredible! I seriously think it is just as good as Godzilla, just a much different game. The only thing I can think of is maybe some people are turned off by the theme but in the end, it's a great playing machine with a lot of flow to the shots.

I'll admit, I was a hater myself at first but now I am just a few days away from being and owner.

#7402 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I honestly am shocked Rush doesn't rate higher

This has been the issue sine 1974.

#7403 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I honestly am shocked Rush doesn't rate higher on Pinside. The rules for the game are amazing and the second wizard mode is incredible! I seriously think it is just as good as Godzilla, just a much different game. The only thing I can think of is maybe some people are turned off by the theme but in the end, it's a great playing machine with a lot of flow to the shots.
I'll admit, I was a hater myself at first but now I am just a few days away from being and owner.

Quoted from Black_Knight:

LOL - Truth!

I think the overall ranking will go up when they add the Premium reviews, still not included.

The more I play the more I love the game. I just wish I didn't suck.

#7404 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Board replacement.

Lol! OK that's not really a fix.

#7405 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

LOL - Truth!
I think the overall ranking will go up when they add the Premium reviews, still not included.

Yeah I saw they are not included, why is that?

#7406 1 year ago

My cabinet speaker blew in Jurassic Park, so I opened up Led Zeppelin to poach its speaker since I use a speaker bar and external subwoofer. While under the hood, I also removed the shaker motor to put into Rush. Looking forward to see how well that is integrated compared to Led Zep, which was not needed.

#7407 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

If I did reviews, I'd rate it high for sure.

#7408 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

If I did reviews, I'd rate it high for sure.

Yeah, who knows... Like I said, I was a hater at first so I was part of the problem... Have since fixed that.

Is it just me or is there a call out in Rush that said in the way it is said in the Dracula pinball machine, 8 million or something to that effect?

I may be way off here...

#7409 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Yeah I saw they are not included, why is that?

I don't think they have enough ratings yet for the Premium to qualify.
I also wonder if early scoop issues and early code effected the ratings?

#7410 1 year ago
Quoted from Fussa71:

I don't think they have enough ratings yet for the Premium to qualify.
I also wonder if early scoop issues and early code effected the ratings?

Scoop, yes. Code? Was better than many sterns at release.

#7411 1 year ago

The scoop issue was minor...now we have a boatload of choices for solving it.

My lineup is Borg-heavy, and I think this is his best layout. Something about the rules isn't clicking with me yet for some reason. One of the things I miss is any information regarding how many shots are left! (to complete the song). This is especially true if you resume the song after losing the ball.

#7412 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The scoop issue was minor...now we have a boatload of choices for solving it.
My lineup is Borg-heavy, and I think this is his best layout. Something about the rules isn't clicking with me yet for some reason. One of the things I miss is any information regarding how many shots are left! (to complete the song). This is especially true if you resume the song after losing the ball.

Yeah, having a progress meter for the songs would be really handy!

#7413 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

LOL - Truth!
The more I play the more I love the game. I just wish I didn't suck.

That's not how it works. The premium would need to be rated higher than the LE. Pinside takes the highest score from all of the available models for the top 100.

So, if you want Rush to move up, you need to rate the LE (which you haven't rated) higher than it's current score.

Edit: Actually it appears the LE has been bombed with low reviews, so the Rush premium score may in fact determine its ranking after all, as it will likely be rated higher than Rush LE.

#7414 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

That's not how it works. The premium would need to be rated higher than the LE. Pinside takes the highest score from all of the available models for the top 100.
So, if you want Rush to move up, you need to rate the LE (which you haven't rated) higher than it's current score.

I don't think that's the issue: I recall a previous posting that stated there needed to be at least 35 or 45 reviews before they appear on the 100 top listing. I could be wrong....

#7415 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

I don't think that's the issue: I recall a previous posting that stated there needed to be at least 35 or 45 reviews before they appear on the 100 top listing. I could be wrong....

That will allow the machine to show up. But, it won't affect the ranking, which is based on the highest score from the available models, as I said.

In order for the premium model to boost Rush's ranking, it would need to be rated higher than the LE, which is typically not the case.

#7416 1 year ago

Upon further review...

The LE rating has been lowered greatly by about half a dozen pinsiders rating Rush LE below a 5 (probably to lower its ranking). The premium has zero scores below 5.

Therefore, I believe the premium may in fact boost Rush's ranking, as it will likely be rated higher than the LE due to the above.

#7417 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

Upon further review...
The LE rating has been lowered greatly by about half a dozen pinsiders rating Rush LE below a 5 (probably to lower its ranking). The premium has zero scores below 5.
Therefore, I believe the premium may in fact boost Rush's ranking, as it will likely be rated higher than the LE due to the above.

Thanks for the additional look at the rating data. I just submitted my RUSH Premium rating (not quite double those low 5 ratings - but close...)
Always want to be honest about ratings, don't like or want to spike or sink a game for bad intent. Karma baby!

#7418 1 year ago

I just rated the premium. According to pinside, the rating should be listed in the top 100 the next time the updated listing comes out.

#7419 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

You are correct - though the Premium could get a higher rating (probably won't).

#7420 1 year ago

Let's get those premium reviews in boys, show pinside the power of the best fans in the world. Period! Haha, love the callouts in this game so much.

#7421 1 year ago

I haven't played a Premium or LE yet but I should have a Premium in roughly two weeks, I can't imagine it being worst than the Pro which I did rate.

#7422 1 year ago

Group is rated 19th. LE reviews look positive overall. Not sure there's a conspiracy here

Or maybe I'm missing something

#7423 1 year ago

I just saw this for the Premium.

"Top 100 ranking

This game has received its 30th rating this week. It will be included in next weeks Pinside Pinball Top 100 calculation!"

#7424 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Group is rated 19th. LE reviews look positive overall. Not sure there's a conspiracy here
Or maybe I'm missing something

le (resized).pngle (resized).png
#7425 1 year ago

no comments.these ratings smell of elderberrys

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7426 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

One of the things I miss is any information regarding how many shots are left! (to complete the song). This is especially true if you resume the song after losing the ball.

Yeah, this is the one place where I wish Rush was more like LZ and Aerosmith. They let you pick the mode/song, and show you your progress clearly. I find it difficult to use shots to pick my mode. I’d love it if the ball just hovered in the TM hole while I picked my song. But that would prolly overheat the magnet, so I get it.

#7427 1 year ago

Top left portion of the LCD will give you progress updates on your modes as you play. Limelight, for example, shows your % as you make the shots.

#7428 1 year ago

A few shots of the Gameroommods lamps installed in the Mezel time machine mod if anyone cares to see them together. I took the silver base covers off of the lamps and they fit just fine. I might need to tweak the angle a little more but I think they fit the beefier looking time machine really well. These are the deluxe lamps.

IMG_7930 (resized).jpgIMG_7930 (resized).jpgIMG_7933 (resized).jpgIMG_7933 (resized).jpgIMG_7935 (resized).jpgIMG_7935 (resized).jpgIMG_7940 (resized).jpgIMG_7940 (resized).jpgIMG_7946 (resized).jpgIMG_7946 (resized).jpg
#7429 1 year ago

Most of the progress getting to and getting through modes is shown on the screen somewhere. Granted it's often hard to look up there, so it's nice that Working Man you just need to glance at the drum clock (on Prem/LE)

#7430 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

Top left portion of the LCD will give you progress updates on your modes as you play. Limelight, for example, shows your % as you make the shots.

I see now...I guess the progress is variable (not always %). Still wish it were a bit more prominent...no big deal.

Image 6-23-22 at 4.53 PM (resized).jpgImage 6-23-22 at 4.53 PM (resized).jpg
#7431 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I see now...I guess the progress is variable (not always %). Still wish it were a bit more prominent...no big deal.

It is way too small to be able to figure out what to do while playing imho.

#7432 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

It is way too small to be able to figure out what to do while playing imho.

Agree. I’m so blind I need this:

65BC20AC-944D-44E6-8871-DD2E982DD573 (resized).jpeg65BC20AC-944D-44E6-8871-DD2E982DD573 (resized).jpeg
#7433 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

To me, Rush is actually better than Godzilla, both in terms of theme, rules, and even being fun to shoot.

And before the Godzilla nut huggers get on me for being biased, I own both of them. They are sitting right next to each other (both premium versions). If anything, I should be more biased towards Godzilla since it cost more and it's the newer pin in the lineup.

Rush is definitely underrated (yes, both as a pin and as a band)!

#7434 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:To me, Rush is actually better than Godzilla, both in terms of theme, rules, and even being fun to shoot.
And before the Godzilla nut huggers get on me for being biased, I own both of them. They are sitting right next to each other (both premium versions). If anything, I should be more biased towards Godzilla since it cost more and it's the newer pin in the lineup.

Agreed

#7435 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

To me, Rush is actually better than Godzilla, both in terms of theme, rules, and even being fun to shoot.

Yeah the pin is earning respect by how well it plays and rules, that’s what matters. Some who were initially dismissive on theme are coming around.
Pinside is what it is but Gomez seemed pretty satisfied in an interview how many they’ve moved so far.

#7436 1 year ago
Quoted from Stratman:

A few shots of the Gameroommods lamps installed in the Mezel time machine mod if anyone cares to see them together. I took the silver base covers off of the lamps and they fit just fine. I might need to tweak the angle a little more but I think they fit the beefier looking time machine really well. These are the deluxe lamps.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Killer! Thank you for posting this. Once I get my game, I am going to do this.

#7437 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

Correct.....I think the issue is there is a lot going on up on the screen and the font is small and up in the left corner as stated. Players just need to play it enough AND watch other play so you can simply watch the screen and orient yourself with the large amount of stuff being displayed. I love my LE. Despite the seemingly endless small/large issues. I have avoided most thankfully. Has anyone kept track of LE's that have issues and what number and production date they have? It may help narrow down problem number groups.

#7438 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

[quoted image]

It's been mentioned many times that these need to be bigger. Would be appreciated for sure.

#7439 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

And I think most Rush fans are ok with that, doesn’t bother me one bit. I love and enjoy their music and humor, and this pin delivers.

#7440 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Pinside is what it is but Gomez seemed pretty satisfied in an interview how many they’ve moved so far.

Not just satisfied, but surprised! He expected it to be a low-demand filler game. It’s not just us Rushies who love playing the game. Once you get dialed into the shots, it has awesome flow.

#7441 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Yeah the pin is earning respect by how well it plays and rules, that’s what matters. Some who were initially dismissive on theme are coming around.

Exactly.

Just like Pinside crapped all over Stranger Things and dismissed it as a huge disappointment. I didn't care, I loved it and bought a HUO LE. Less than a year later people found out how great the pin actually was and prices went through the roof.

#7442 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Agree. I’m so blind I need this: [quoted image]

Agreed!! It took me a while to see the song progress. For some reason I kept looking for it in the upper right. Once I found it in the upper left it made song modes much more enjoyable. I really wish it was easier to see. I also wish it didn’t go away so fast after you drain. Probably better that I don’t know how close I was to completing the mode, but I still want to know.

#7443 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

Exactly.
Just like Pinside crapped all over Stranger Things and dismissed it as a huge disappointment. I didn't care, I loved it and bought a HUO LE. Less than a year later people found out how great the pin actually was and prices went through the roof.

Yes. Stranger Things is a great game!

#7444 1 year ago

Found someone selling a new Ninja double scoop protector for $45 shipped. I don't have any issues with the Stern protection, but since the game was designed to have the bottom scoop open and not have walls on each side, that's what I'll make it.

#7445 1 year ago

Has anyone removed the Stern scoop protector fix in order to install a NinjaCamp protector? Was it difficult to remove?

I had purchased a NinjaCamp protector before I received my Rush Pro. Trying to determine if it's worth the time and how much effort it would take to remove the black bumpers and put in the NinjaCamp.

#7446 1 year ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Has anyone removed the Stern scoop protector fix in order to install a NinjaCamp protector? Was it difficult to remove?
I had purchased a NinjaCamp protector before I received my Rush Pro. Trying to determine if it's worth the time and how much effort it would take to remove the black bumpers and put in the NinjaCamp.

It's time consuming. If you have a lot of experience fiddling with games, it's pretty straightforward. If not, you might find it frustrating since the PF is pretty busy in that area. For example, one of the nuts is so close to the metal ball guide, you can't simply use a standard nut driver. So having the right tools is important. Again, not that big a deal, but not a 15 minute job. Took me a couple hours despite being pretty experienced. The Ninja Camp installation guide is very well done...I should have read it more closely before making a couple mistakes

#7447 1 year ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Yes, like snaroff mentioned it’s a bit tricky in that area but was worth it to me. Take your time and should be okay.

#7448 1 year ago
Quoted from konjurer:

And be careful with the small black spacers when you remove the screws. They can easily fall into the machine and get lost. Go slow when taking them off.

#7449 1 year ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Removing the Stern v3 protector prior to installing our Ninja Camp scoop protectors is no more difficult than installing the scoop protectors if the Stern v3 wasn't there. The process is virtually identical. That said, if you're handy with your tools and know your way around a playfield, installation should take around 30m. I can do it in about 15m now that I've done it so many times that it's practically muscle memory. But for some folks, it can take an hour or more.

#7450 1 year ago
Quoted from Ghosters:

I also have the node board 10 issue. Ramp died in the middle of a game. I can't see anything burned, but have not pulled the board yet. It's an April 26 build, which I saw someone else had the same build date and problem. No ferrite that I can find, but I don't see how that would have helped. Anyone else having the same issue node 10 issue add have any particular mods. Shaker Motor, Pinwoofer etc? I am new to this so go easy on me.

My ramp died mid game today and an electrical smell is coming from the machine. Any help appreciated. Is the the Node 10 board issue?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/149 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.