IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,881 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 358.
#7301 1 year ago

Anybody heard from Cointaker on their Rush order?

#7302 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

The magnets shut off when the get too hot as a protection. This happened with GZ and Stern did a software update which fixed it.

Agree, I hope stern will considering to apply a fix for us too, cross fingers

#7303 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You'll never know how great this game really sounds until you put pinwoofers kit in. Probably the best sounding game I've ever owned, very clean and the bass really comes alive

I have a Pinwoofer kit in my Aerosmith and I honestly think it sounds like crap compared to using a real amplifier and speakers and a powered external subwoofer. I’m constantly needing to make adjustments on that little amp they use Because I’ll get popping And distortion sometimes.

They just use a cheap Chinese $20 amp and Pyle speakers. It’s really not a special high-end system.

#7304 1 year ago

Oh boy... I'll admit I am not much of a Rush fan, hell I only knew one song by them (I thought) until I played the pin over at a friends house. He has a Pro and at first I was like this is ok. Now I was back again a few weeks later to play it with the new code and I am like, holy crap! I need this game!!

I think I am going to be joining the club very soon with a Premium. The code for this game is pretty amazing IMO and I love the connecting shots, which give this game incredible flow.

#7305 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Oh boy... I'll admit I am not much of a Rush fan, hell I only knew one song by them (I thought) until I played the pin over at a friends house. He has a Pro and at first I was like this is ok. Now I was back again a few weeks later to play it with the new code and I am like, holy crap! I need this game!!
I think I am going to be joining the club very soon with a Premium. The code for this game is pretty amazing IMO and I love the connecting shots, which give this game incredible flow.

I had a pin buddy over a few weeks ago to play. He ordered a premium also, was very impressed with the game.

My Rush friends all want one too but I haven't convinced them to spend the $ to get into pinball yet LOL.

#7306 1 year ago

Last night, my wife asks me, "Do they have a hook in any of their songs?"

#7307 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I had a pin buddy over a few weeks ago to play. He ordered a premium also, was very impressed with the game.
My Rush friends all want one too but I haven't convinced them to spend the $ to get into pinball yet LOL.

The code and shot layout is amazing! I watched someone play book 2 wizard mode and holy cow, what a mode!!

I'm pretty sure the final wizard mode "2112" isn't even in the code yet is it?

This game is a homerun for Borg! He knocked this one out of the part IMO!!

#7308 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

The magnets shut off when the get too hot as a protection. This happened with GZ and Stern did a software update which fixed it.

Would lowering the magnet power setting help those experiencing intermittent magnet loss due to overheating? Admittedly just a work-around until Stern comes up with a better fix.

#7309 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Would lowering the magnet power setting help those experiencing intermittent magnet loss due to overheating? Admittedly just a work-around until Stern comes up with a better fix.

Yes, lowering the setting would make the magnet slower to heat up

#7310 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Yes, lowering the setting would make the magnet slower to heat up

Yep, did the same, but only increase the play time, but not resolve it..

#7311 1 year ago

My machine is about 20 feet away from my wireless router. Other wireless devices work great when standing where the machine is.
Despite this, I kept having Insider Connected connectivity issues.

Picked up a cheap WiFi extender on amazon. Works great, and now IC stays connected. The WiFi dongles in these machines are not great, so try this out if you are having issues staying connected to IC.

#7312 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Jason at Classic Game Rooms in georgia has Pro and Premium in stock on the shelf.

#7313 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

The code and shot layout is amazing! I watched someone play book 2 wizard mode and holy cow, what a mode!!
I'm pretty sure the final wizard mode "2112" isn't even in the code yet is it?
This game is a homerun for Borg! He knocked this one out of the part IMO!!

i was wondering the same thing . please say if you find about wiz mode in 2112 . how do i get a work from home job so i can play rush all day long ???

#7314 1 year ago
Quoted from Fredouil:

Ok, I see that we are not alone, this is what I’m doing now, It’s normal ? a protection ? a Dysfunction, I have no clue, but it’s a little bit annoying

Yeah I agree, I figured the magnet turns off when it gets too hot. Weird not everyone is experiencing this issue and only a few. Hopefully Stern updates the code to fix the problem or possibly makes the magnet not run so hot or try to turn it on and off when needed?

I don't really know what kind of fix I can put in place to resolve the issue.

#7315 1 year ago
Quoted from Fredouil:

Hi, the node 10 only drive the both step motor (clock and up/down ramp) and have nothing to see with the magnet, the magnet is drive by the node 9, I have the same issue, it stop after an alf hour play, and back after a few minutes, for me it’s a over heat protection or something else it’s a real mystery for me…

I’ve also been having intermittent magnet issues with my LE. Sometimes it holds the ball at the start of a song mode and whips out the back correctly. Then out of the blue it either dribbles the ball out or the ball sails right through with no hold(even at the start of song modes.) It’s kind of random when it happens but it does happen fairly often. I have a ticket with Stern but haven;t heard anything back in weeks.

Not sure if this is relevant but I never had this issue for months of play and then about 3-4 weeks ago the issue started happening, right around the .96 code update release time.

#7316 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I’ve also been having intermittent magnet issues with my LE. Sometimes it holds the ball at the start of a song mode and whips out the back correctly. Then out of the blue it either dribbles the ball out or the ball sails right through with no hold(even at the start of song modes.) It’s kind of random when it happens but it does happen fairly often. I have a ticket with Stern but haven;t heard anything back in weeks.
Not sure if this is relevant but I never had this issue for months of play and then about 3-4 weeks ago the issue started happening, right around the .96 code update release time.

Is there any settings to adjust the magnet power in the service menus? I know on my Stranger Things there is a setting for the magnet...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7317 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Is there any settings to adjust the magnet power in the service menus? I know on my Stranger Things there is a setting for the magnet...

Yeah, I’ve experimented with the settings but no success in affecting the problem so far.

#7318 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

“They call me the working man, guess that’s what I am” is pretty hooky

#7319 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I don’t know about their newer music (because they lost me after their Signals album) but I think a lot of the pre-signals stuff was hook laden… I guess it depends what grabs you.

#7320 1 year ago

Hey guys,
I’ve got my Rush playing really well, and just looking for some suggestions on best sound settings adjustments for the speakers.

I’ve never added pin sound &/or external sub and may look into this later.
In the meantime, I’ve moved my pin up north & looking for some advice:
Are most recommending 4 vs 8 OHMs, which sound attenuation settings level is suggested (with either 4 or 8 ohms) & is there a preferred speech/call outs setting suggestion?
Appreciate any input on this.

Loving the game!

#7321 1 year ago

Is anyone looking for a Rush Premium NIB and ready to buy?

#7322 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I don’t know about their newer music (because they lost me after their Signals album) but I think a lot of the pre-signals stuff was hook laden… I guess it depends what grabs you.

You are missing out on some great Rush music. Clockwork Angels is one of their best albums.

#7323 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Send them my way, they can buy my LE.

#7324 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I did speak to Melissa. She said that there is a July build. I'm assuming they'll be getting an allotment from those.

#7325 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I have a Pinwoofer kit in my Aerosmith and I honestly think it sounds like crap compared to using a real amplifier and speakers and a powered external subwoofer. I’m constantly needing to make adjustments on that little amp they use Because I’ll get popping And distortion sometimes.
They just use a cheap Chinese $20 amp and Pyle speakers. It’s really not a special high-end system.

Well, strongly disagree with you, I've put them in 8 games so far and the difference is amazing.

#7326 1 year ago

An update.

Stern service replied to my email within hours and were excellent at helping me find the problem to my “magnet issue”
Turned out to be Optos

They got my address
And warranty department will mail out replacement.

Absolutely awesome service and support.
On top a Brilliant and Awesome pin

Happy I’ll be able to play again
soon as I receive the parts.

Thank you Stern.
And thank you my fellow pinsiders who offered their advice and help. Much appreciated

#7327 1 year ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Install PinMonks fan kit. That has solved overheating issues for many people on many different games

#7328 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Send them my way, they can buy my LE.

Doesn't want to pay that LE premium price. Not a collector at all.

#7329 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Well, strongly disagree with you, I've put them in 8 games so far and the difference is amazing.

Yeah, great difference over the stock setup, but not better than putting together what I did for Rush. Just played a few games and was like WOW! Have Aerosmith next to it and it sounds great, but no where near better.

#7330 1 year ago
Quoted from eharan:

Install PinMonks fan kit. That has solved overheating issues for many people on many different games

Where would I put it? Unfortunately the magnet is not under the playfield it's inside the Time Machine Mod. I don't think that would work too well because I couldn't mount the fan anywhere to that. I just emailed Stern Support to see if they have seen this issues or know of a fix to the problem. I will post here once they get back to me.

#7331 1 year ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

possibly makes the magnet not run so hot or try to turn it on and off when needed?

Yep you right, this is the only solution at this time for me and for others

#7332 1 year ago
Quoted from Fredouil:

Yep you right, this is the only solution at this time for me and for others

Fred, try removing the cover from the replacement lamp mod, that could be stopping it from venting the heat from the time machine housing ?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7333 1 year ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Where would I put it? Unfortunately the magnet is not under the playfield it's inside the Time Machine Mod. I don't think that would work too well because I couldn't mount the fan anywhere to that. I just emailed Stern Support to see if they have seen this issues or know of a fix to the problem. I will post here once they get back to me.

It is possible to get some air into it from underneath via a hole the cables pass through. Contact Vic and see if he would make a bracket and fan for it.

#7334 1 year ago

I also started having magnet issues, but only after upgrading to the latest code. I contacted Stern and they said they were investigating it, but haven't heard anything new on the issue.

If anyone comes up with a good magnet setting, please post it.

#7335 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

Fred, try removing the cover from the replacement lamp mod, that could be stopping it from venting the heat from the time machine housing ?

Thanks Ian, Not sure that it will resolve the prob, it started long time before modding the Time Machine

#7336 1 year ago

So I’m still having sdtm issues with the Time Machine. My pin is leveled and I tried to see if there is any adjustment I can make to time machine or ramp on my Pro but no luck. I REALLY wish there was a 1 sec ball save when releasing ball forward like the scoop has.

So I just had a redemption game for previously barely missing 1B. It was so awesome. I was sure I would get at least Cygnus Book 1 as I went through so many multi-ball modes. I think I must have missed Subdivisions somehow. Book 2 still seems far away though. I did finish 4 modes and got close on the fifth (La Villa always crushes me), but my previous best was only completing two modes so it feels nearly impossible, but maybe there is hope.

I’m a huge Rush fan but regardless of that I love this machine!

44D00E23-2802-4477-8286-C0D8C21F97E3 (resized).jpeg44D00E23-2802-4477-8286-C0D8C21F97E3 (resized).jpeg
#7337 1 year ago

Rearranged a few albums to have Led Zep and Rush albums behind each game.

728E53E9-4E98-44CB-A40F-7026C7AD97C5 (resized).jpeg728E53E9-4E98-44CB-A40F-7026C7AD97C5 (resized).jpeg
#7338 1 year ago
Quoted from JMK:

Hey guys,
I’ve got my Rush playing really well, and just looking for some suggestions on best sound settings adjustments for the speakers.
I’ve never added pin sound &/or external sub and may look into this later.
In the meantime, I’ve moved my pin up north & looking for some advice:
Are most recommending 4 vs 8 OHMs, which sound attenuation settings level is suggested (with either 4 or 8 ohms) & is there a preferred speech/call outs setting suggestion?
Appreciate any input on this.
Loving the game!

First of all, go into the utilities menu and mess with the volume settings. There is a default setting to limit the hi/low, turn that off. I couldn't believe how much better the game sounds with that filter turned off.

#7339 1 year ago

@donjagra: Thanks! I will turn that filter setting off. My machine is currently set up at my cottage so I’ll try this out on the weekend.
Do you recall which settings in the Utilities menu it is?

Also, are you set up on 4 or 8 ohms or changed your factory attenuation levels?
Really appreciate the input.

#7340 1 year ago
Quoted from JMK:

donjagra: Thanks! I will turn that filter setting off. My machine is currently set up at my cottage so I’ll try this out on the weekend.
Do you recall which settings in the Utilities menu it is?
Also, are you set up on 4 or 8 ohms or changed your factory attenuation levels?
Really appreciate the input.

Service Menu > Utilities > Vol Audio Level > Filter > None

The game shipped with 8 ohm speakers, so only change that if you install 4 ohm speakers.

#7341 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

An update.
Stern service replied to my email within hours and were excellent at helping me find the problem to my “magnet issue”
Turned out to be Optos
They got my address
And warranty department will mail out replacement.
Absolutely awesome service and support.
On top a Brilliant and Awesome pin
Happy I’ll be able to play again
soon as I receive the parts.
Thank you Stern.
And thank you my fellow pinsiders who offered their advice and help. Much appreciated

Congrats! I wish they would respond to
My magnet issue, lol. It’s been weeks. Hopefully not too Much longer of a wait for a response.

#7342 1 year ago

@donjagra: Thanks again! I will try these settings changes.

Did you alter your Attenuation (or Speech/Call outs) settings or leave these at Factory?

#7343 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Rush songs are loaded with hooks but I can see how someone that is not familiar with or have an appreciation of progressive rock might have trouble locating the chorus!

#7344 1 year ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

I have the same issue with my magnet, after playing for a while, the magnet will stop working. Then you turn the game off, let it sit for a bit. Starts working again.

Same issue for me. I didn’t know if that was a feature of the game or not for a while. But then I noticed that during long games or if I’ve been playing for a while the ball would go straight through some. But after I shut it down when I come back later it always seems to catch in the magnet again

#7345 1 year ago
Quoted from kmad:

Same issue for me. I didn’t know if that was a feature of the game or not for a while. But then I noticed that during long games or if I’ve been playing for a while the ball would go straight through some. But after I shut it down when I come back later it always seems to catch in the magnet again

My magnet stopped working tonight for the first time. I'll shut it off and wait to see if it starts working again.

EDIT: Yep. After I turned it off for a half hour turned it back on the magnet is working again. Hopefully it's an issue that can be fixed thru a software update...

#7346 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Jason at Classic Game Rooms in georgia has Pro and Premium in stock on the shelf.

that’s where I got mine. Jason is awesome to deal with. I’ll be buying from him again

#7347 1 year ago
Quoted from JMK:

donjagra: Thanks again! I will try these settings changes.
Did you alter your Attenuation (or Speech/Call outs) settings or leave these at Factory?

I left it factory, but I am tempted to increase the callouts. I love the audio package on this game because Getty and Alex did such a great job.

I haven't had any magnet issues, but there are times when it feels like it. Sometimes the game let's the ball through without grabbing, drops the ball back to the flippers, weakly throws the ball back or does a full throw to the upper flipper. Depending on the mode or multiball status, the game modifies the behavior.

#7348 1 year ago

I was looking thru some mods available for Rush and I have concluded that Rush has the ugliest mods available. Followed closely by Aerosmith. So much 3D printed stuff that doesn't match the aesthetics of the playfield and artwork.

#7349 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I was looking thru some mods available for Rush and I have concluded that Rush has the ugliest mods available. Followed closely by Aerosmith. So much 3D printed stuff that doesn't match the aesthetics of the playfield and artwork.

The time machine mod looks to be the best of the bunch IMO.

#7350 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

The time machine mod looks to be the best of the bunch IMO.

The 3 cool vacuum tube bulbs? Yup, waiting for mine to arrive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 17,881 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/147 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.