20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg
20240319_194051 (resized).jpg
IMG_5172 (resized).jpeg
20240313_124509 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_232015126 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230406999 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 357.
#7151 1 year ago
Quoted from konjurer:

So I'm a very crappy player and I'm loving it. My secret to fun games as a crappy player is to...
- make sure I start a mode the second the red light comes on
- not get lured into trying for an almost completed combo or other non-mode objective
- set the ball saves to be longer that the default settings
- get the extra ball lit asap by hitting the ramp 5 times then get the time machine multi-ball started

I definitely have some easy settings on my Rush. Guests always have a tough time on the game.

That said - I'm getting better (I'm terrible also). Practice and playing really does work!

#7152 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

I would be open to trying, but the height of the wireform it would need to reach above it would be difficult to solve in that space. I had issues with a led zeppelin pro attempt.

What about making the scoop feed the left flipper?

#7153 1 year ago
Quoted from konjurer:

So I'm a very crappy player and I'm loving it. My secret to fun games as a crappy player is to...
- make sure I start a mode the second the red light comes on
- not get lured into trying for an almost completed combo or other non-mode objective
- set the ball saves to be longer that the default settings
- get the extra ball lit asap by hitting the ramp 5 times then get the time machine multi-ball started

This is good advice and when I've done this it generally helps. I like getting the Weapon set up when I can, as it can assist in completing modes but I'm definitely not good enough to keep risking those shots in lieu of getting into modes.

I was having a typical string of crappy games yesterday. On my avowed "last game of the night" I got to ball 3 with a score of about 5 million. Then I mistakenly got into a time machine multiball mode without first triggering a song mode. That sucks because you cannot trigger a song mode once you've started a multiball mode. I flubbed around in that mode for a bit, probably scoring about 20 million points.

Immediately upon coming out of that multiball, I got into Spirit of Radio. That's an awesome mode and an awesome song. I love that even Geddy and Alex talk about loving that song in their callouts. I like the mode because it's relatively easy to complete, but you can also score decently in it if you're willing to risk hitting the mode shots other than the dead end to raise the value of the dead end jackpot. I didn't waste a ton of time in that mode, but probably scored another 30-40 million and completed the mode.

I came out of that mode and jumped right into Tom Sawyer, which is a tough mode for me to complete. I managed to make the first phase shots relatively easily and then got back into a time machine multiball mode. That helped me get through the second phase of Tom Sawyer. While still trying to complete Tom Sawyer, I got into Far Cry multiball. Far Cry helped me complete Tom Sawyer and get an extra ball. I didn't do much from there, but at the end of the game I'd scored just north of 300 million and got one of my high scores on the machine. I played one more game and got over 100 million. That was a good way to end the night on the game. Maybe there's hope for me after all...

#7154 1 year ago

I was so excited and yet bummed last night... One of my last games, I got 220M on "ball 1" (with 2 free balls).. half of my best score ever. (Awesome for me) Then the next two balls, I flubbed and ended with 222M!!!! It happens too often to me where I do awesome on ball 1 and am not consistent or do poorly on first balls and crush ball 3. That is what's frustrating to me.

#7155 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Definitely email Zach. $125.
A lot of people charging $200++

They had them for $80 cash at Pinfest.

#7156 1 year ago

Hey everyone, here at Outpost Kodelia we may have nailed a fix for the bad short plunges for skill shots (where it rattles around at the upper flipper and rolls back). The best news is that many of you may already have the fix... Check out our detailed post here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods/page/10#post-6978209

#7157 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

I was so excited and yet bummed last night... One of my last games, I got 220M on "ball 1" (with 2 free balls).. half of my best score ever. (Awesome for me) Then the next two balls, I flubbed and ended with 222M!!!! It happens too often to me where I do awesome on ball 1 and am not consistent or do poorly on first balls and crush ball 3. That is what's frustrating to me.

I feel for you man. Ironically, I usually seem to have the opposite "problem". My first two balls are typically garbage and then I blow it up on my last ball (plus any EBs). They key to really blowing this machine up must be to have 3 great balls in a row. Maybe someday.........

#7158 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I'm sure but have not be able to get to a show yet.

#7159 1 year ago
Quoted from kbenson13:

I feel for you man. Ironically, I usually seem to have the opposite "problem". My first two balls are typically garbage and then I blow it up on my last ball (plus any EBs). They key to really blowing this machine up must be to have 3 great balls in a row. Maybe someday.........

Solution: Change game to 5 balls.

I did that with AIQ and I felt guilty at first but made the game a ton of fun. I haven't done that with Rush yet though as the game has been fun and not frustrating yet.

#7160 1 year ago

I mixed some mods and cleaned up the exposed bulbs.

FAD5B575-E036-4547-9949-4F25979C458C (resized).jpegFAD5B575-E036-4547-9949-4F25979C458C (resized).jpeg
#7161 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Those were knockoffs. You always have to look for the double-stitched edges to pick out the real from the fakes.

#7162 1 year ago

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place, but still getting the hang of Pinside. I have been moding the audio on my Rush Prem and have added the pinwoofer kit, which makes a world of change. I have also added a separate floor standing woofer, which is almost overkill since I cant find just the right setting. I have been playing with the music and callout settings or attenuation. Am I correct that it appears that the effects are actually on the music channel? It would be nice to adjust, music, callouts and effects separately, but I don't know if Stern has considered that. There seems to be a lot of distorting bass that are in the effects that effect the quality of the music. Let me know if I am missing something and possibly a better way to get clearer audio.

#7163 1 year ago
Quoted from Ghosters:

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place, but still getting the hang of Pinside. I have been moding the audio on my Rush Prem and have added the pinwoofer kit, which makes a world of change. I have also added a separate floor standing woofer, which is almost overkill since I cant find just the right setting. I have been playing with the music and callout settings or attenuation. Am I correct that it appears that the effects are actually on the music channel? It would be nice to adjust, music, callouts and effects separately, but I don't know if Stern has considered that. There seems to be a lot of distorting bass that are in the effects that effect the quality of the music. Let me know if I am missing something and possibly a better way to get clearer audio.

I would start here. https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-stern-spike2-rush-amplifier-settings/

Then tweak to your liking.

#7164 1 year ago
Quoted from Ghosters:

Am I correct that it appears that the effects are actually on the music channel? It would be nice to adjust, music, callouts and effects separately, but I don't know if Stern has considered that

No, the sound effects are not on the music channel. They're their own thing. Here's how to adjust their level:

There are attenuation adjustments for music and speech, but not sound effects. That said, by adjusting speech and music, and changing the overall volume level of the game, you can indeed control the level of sound effects relative to speech and music! Want sound effects louder? attenuate music and speech equally, and raise the game volume. Boom! Want sound effects quieter? Do the exact opposite, add negative attenuation to music and speech and lower the game volume.

#7165 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Those were knockoffs. You always have to look for the double-stitched edges to pick out the real from the fakes.

It’s a banner (aka a big sign) not a Rolex. Who cares if it’s a knockoff.

#7166 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

It’s a banner (aka a big sign) not a Rolex. Who cares if it’s a knockoff.

Me. And that's all that really matters.

#7167 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I definitely have a real one. It was pricey but it's worth it to me.

#7168 1 year ago

Classic game rooms was $125 delivered, when I got mine a few months ago,,,

#7169 1 year ago
Quoted from andre060:

No, the sound effects are not on the music channel. They're their own thing. Here's how to adjust their level:
There are attenuation adjustments for music and speech, but not sound effects. That said, by adjusting speech and music, and changing the overall volume level of the game, you can indeed control the level of sound effects relative to speech and music! Want sound effects louder? attenuate music and speech equally, and raise the game volume. Boom! Want sound effects quieter? Do the exact opposite, add negative attenuation to music and speech and lower the game volume.

Thanks this is a great idea. I will try it out and see if ti resolves the issue.

#7170 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

Hey everyone, here at Outpost Kodelia we may have nailed a fix for the bad short plunges for skill shots (where it rattles around at the upper flipper and rolls back). The best news is that many of you may already have the fix... Check out our detailed post here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods/page/10#post-6978209

In just a bit of testing after the quick install this makes a positive difference - try it yourself!

#7171 1 year ago

Just installed my E...SL mod(thanks NC!), and played a few games to try it out. Looks very nice, and adds so much more goodness to this game. Side note for those installing, make sure when taping the connector end per their instructions, make sure to wrap further down the cable, and tape around the black webbing as well. Did my taping too short, and it frayed the end of the webbing, and pulled it back some.

Had a few good games, better scoring than my last round, really missing that spinner that’s waiting on the replacement......looking at you Stern....

Starting to get the feel of certain shots and combos, enjoying the learning curve with this one. I’m one of the few probably enjoying the call outs, Rush to a T, or R in this case.

#7172 1 year ago

Unlocked Cygnus Book 1 a few days ago, it was definitely in the song selection menu after, it said unlocked by: my username.

Tonight, it's gone! Definitely signed in to IC.

Anyone else have this happen?

Edit: According to the IC website, I haven't unlocked it. I was signed in when I did it, but I guess the WiFi probably crapped out during the game and it didn't register. Those WiFi dongles are straight trash.

#7173 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

I’m one of the few probably enjoying the call outs, Rush to a T, or R in this case.

Any true Rush fan should love the callouts unless you don't like humor in which case you can reduce the # of callouts.

Rush being so heavily involved is definitely what sets this machine apart from some other rock pins!

#7174 1 year ago

I LOVE This pin. I've been a diehard Rush fan since I was 13 years old so sure that helps (as previously said call outs are excellent and really convey Ged and Alex's sense of humor) I also installed the loop fix and man what a difference. Mine was so bad before the mod that I had never heard Alex yell out the values of the shot. Reminds me of Iron Maiden upper flipper shot and I love it!

#7175 1 year ago

So here are my experiences with the new scoop switch on me LE:

Prior to installing:
Balls that went in the side scoop were typically ejected from the side scoop. Occasionally the ball relocated to the lower scoop and got ejected but this was rare.
Balls that went in the lower scoop were ejected from the lower scoop and received the random bonus if the light was flashing.
No balls were ever locked.

After installing new switch:
Balls that go in the side scoop are always ejected from the lower scoop. If the light is flashing below the lower scoop the side scoop ball also gets the bonus.
Balls that go in the lower scoop are always ejected from the lower scoop and receive the random bonus if the light is flashing.
No balls are ever locked however there was one time a ball that entered the side scoop wasn't ejected and it was visible in the clear window. The machine, however, went into "ball search" mode and I had to nudge it to get it to eject the ball.
Since no ball is ever locked, no "extra" ball is ever added into the game.
There is no "dual eject" from the lower and side scoop concurrently with/without the green light flashing on the side scoop.

I'm not even sure where to start on this one. Can anyone help?

#7176 1 year ago

Sounds like your new switch isn't registering

#7177 1 year ago
Quoted from wolverinewarlord:

Prior to installing:
Balls that went in the side scoop were typically ejected from the side scoop. Occasionally the ball relocated to the lower scoop and got ejected but this was rare.
Balls that went in the lower scoop were ejected from the lower scoop and received the random bonus if the light was flashing.
Balls that go in the side scoop are always ejected from the lower scoop. If the light is flashing below the lower scoop the side scoop ball also gets the bonus.
Balls that go in the lower scoop are always ejected from the lower scoop and receive the random bonus if the light is flashing.
No balls are ever locked however there was one time a ball that entered the side scoop wasn't ejected and it was visible in the clear window. The machine, however, went into "ball search" mode and I had to nudge it to get it to eject the ball.
There is no "dual eject" from the lower and side scoop concurrently with/without the green light flashing on the side scoop.

Is ball locking enabled? Have you run through the scoop test that's available in the game menus?

#7178 1 year ago

Prior to installing:

This sounds familiar. Try adjusting the switch so that it's more open - I think the problem is you can get it too close to the hole and therefore it's always closed and doesn't trigger when the ball lands in the scoop. The first time I installed mine it behaved like what you are describing so I loosened it up and slid it to the right slightly and tightened it up again and it worked fine. Running through the scoop test in diagnostics will help as well as switch test - drop a ball in a watch the switch and optos trigger.

#7179 1 year ago

Ignore all your observations about where what is ejecting where - that will depend on game state.

Instead focus simply on the switch registering properly for the two ball locations and what your lock setting is. It should be changed to 'always' after the new switch install.

More than likely the switch isn't triggering accurately and needs it's position adjusted. Use the game diagnostics and feed balls in to confirm.. and take subway+switch out to adjust on the bench and ensure the switch properly engaged AND disengages depending on balls resting there.

#7180 1 year ago

Run switch test before lowering playfield and installing balls. Adjust switch as needed. Then run test again with playfield down using balls.

#7181 1 year ago

Is the time machine suppossed to drop the ball straight down to the flippers once in a while? Or is it always suppossed to get thrown behind? Mine gets dropped sdtm sometimes because i take a break for one sec expecting it to get thrown around to
Orbit.

Is there a setting i need to adjust?

#7182 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Is the time machine suppossed to drop the ball straight down to the flippers once in a while? Or is it always suppossed to get thrown behind? Mine gets dropped sdtm sometimes because i take a break for one sec expecting it to get thrown around to
Orbit.
Is there a setting i need to adjust?

On the Pro, whenever the time machine would be down on the premium/LE, the magnet will throw the ball back at you to mimic the bash.
On both models, there is logic for when the ball should go through vs come back at you, based on whether or not side flipper shots are available, or if you just started a mode, or collected a combo jackpot, etc.

The most common case for a premium returning the ball to the flippers is when the ramp is raised from an instrument bonus (lit from completing drop targets), but nothing else is lit there.

In multiball, the time machine magnet should either be off and allow the ball to pass through, or, if there is an award at the time machine it should pull it through.

There is a magnet device test that can test both cases and allow you to adjust some of the timings in diagnostics if necessary

#7183 1 year ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

On the Pro, whenever the time machine would be down on the premium/LE, the magnet will throw the ball back at you to mimic the bash.
On both models, there is logic for when the ball should go through vs come back at you, based on whether or not side flipper shots are available, or if you just started a mode, or collected a combo jackpot, etc.
The most common case for a premium returning the ball to the flippers is when the ramp is raised from an instrument bonus (lit from completing drop targets), but nothing else is lit there.
In multiball, the time machine magnet should either be off and allow the ball to pass through, or, if there is an award at the time machine it should pull it through.
There is a magnet device test that can test both cases and allow you to adjust some of the timings in diagnostics if necessary

Ty!

#7184 1 year ago

Anthem needs to be on my machine,All the worlds a stage on jukebox

#7185 1 year ago

This should be marked as a key post in the thread. Valuable info straight from the source.

#7186 1 year ago

Hey all, I'm glad that I can join the club with LE #356! This is my first pinball machine and I've been loving everything about it so far! While the machine was still relatively new, I decided to install one of the German playfield protectors on it. Bit of an undertaking, but I think everything went pretty well. However, I'm now trying to lower my playfield back down, and I can't get it to go this last 1/4" to sit back down in the slots. I've tried bringing it back up and making sure all the cables are in place, that nothing's sticking out the back, but I can't figure out why I can't get this to sit back flush. I've spent the last 30 minutes trying to search for tips on how to lower the playfield, but haven't come up with anything. Any advice?

20220616_195741 (resized).jpg20220616_195741 (resized).jpg
#7187 1 year ago

In the last few months I've realized La Villa Strangiato is actually the best song ever recorded.
Facts.

#7188 1 year ago
Quoted from pjamestx:

Hey all, I'm glad that I can join the club with LE #356! This is my first pinball machine and I've been loving everything about it so far! While the machine was still relatively new, I decided to install one of the German playfield protectors on it. Bit of an undertaking, but I think everything went pretty well. However, I'm now trying to lower my playfield back down, and I can't get it to go this last 1/4" to sit back down in the slots. I've tried bringing it back up and making sure all the cables are in place, that nothing's sticking out the back, but I can't figure out why I can't get this to sit back flush. I've spent the last 30 minutes trying to search for tips on how to lower the playfield, but haven't come up with anything. Any advice?
[quoted image]

Push the whole playfield towards the back box while it is raised a few inches then lower

#7189 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Oh that stinks, they’re such little bastards to begin with, let alone trying to find them. Yes, Loctite all the way.
Since you’ll have to go through the trouble of pulling the ramp, to get to all of the screws, might as well get the NinjaCamp replacements and replace those blue nubs with better quality stuff.
Reminds me, I should Loctite the remaining screws I didn’t pull, when putting the NC guards in....

I replaced the blue nubs with Ninjas the first month after one broke and the Ninjas have been holding by well

#7190 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

In the last few months I've realized La Villa Strangiato is actually the best song ever recorded.
Facts.

So much emotion in that guitar solo. Love how it slowly builds. Incredible phrasing. Alex is the man!

#7191 1 year ago

Thanks. This was really helpful. I’ve been wondering if I had a problem or it was changing due to code

#7192 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Facts.

Then you heard Xanadu and then Cygnus X-1: Book 1 The Voyage and changed your mind.

#7193 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Facts.

I just can't get Into the lyrics tho

#7194 1 year ago

Read a thread where someone commented:
“Rush owners just never seem to care what any other people think about it”.

Nailed it.
Gonna be a great weekend.

#7195 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Push the whole playfield towards the back box while it is raised a few inches then lower

Thanks, that helped, what I had to do was kind of push it back and down in a single motion, little scary but it worked

#7196 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Ignore all your observations about where what is ejecting where - that will depend on game state.
Instead focus simply on the switch registering properly for the two ball locations and what your lock setting is. It should be changed to 'always' after the new switch install.
More than likely the switch isn't triggering accurately and needs it's position adjusted. Use the game diagnostics and feed balls in to confirm.. and take subway+switch out to adjust on the bench and ensure the switch properly engaged AND disengages depending on balls resting there.

Want to know what it was? I disassembled the side scoop and revised switch and it looks like the actuator got knocked off somehow. I found it on the bottom of the cabinet next to the woofer. I had to do a bit of manual work with pliers to get it snug in the switch once again however after doing so it cleared the Switch 41 error and everything works as expected. Thanks so much for the tips!!! <3

#7197 1 year ago

What was looking like my best game cut short by back to back ball save auto launch sdtms.

3 modes completed, 5 Albums, 1 shot away from La Villa completion, Cygnus X-1 just about lined up….and too smooth of an auto launch.

Ray can we please have a Ball Save Auto Launch no switch hit ball save?

#7198 1 year ago

Introducing our latest innovation, something completely new to the pinball industry... The Spinner Shield! Currently available only for Rush (the Rush spinner is slightly wider than most), but common sizes for other games coming soon, in addition to other colors!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06979-rush-spinner-shield

IMG_1645 (resized).jpgIMG_1645 (resized).jpg
#7199 1 year ago

Introducing our latest innovation, something completely new to the pinball industry... The Spinner Shield! Currently available only for Rush (the Rush spinner is slightly wider than most), but common sizes for other games coming soon, in addition to other colors!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06979-rush-spinner-shield
[quoted image]

So like a Cliffy for your spinner Took me a while to figure out the difference.

#7200 1 year ago

[quoted image]

eh? I think we are getting a bit carried away now?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
8,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, NH
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer
Backbox
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods
Other
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation
Armor and blades
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball
Toppers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 357.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/144?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.