20240319_194051 (resized).jpg
IMG_5172 (resized).jpeg
20240313_124509 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_232015126 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230406999 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230353824 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230324405 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,839 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 357.
#7101 1 year ago

Put my new scoop switch in today,broke a Billion on next game.1st time for me.

#7102 1 year ago

Finally, officially in the club with a set up Rush!

2022-6-10 Rush pinball (resized).jpg2022-6-10 Rush pinball (resized).jpg

#7103 1 year ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Used blue Loctite on those bad boys when installing the Ninja nubs and all good since. Not a fun part to have to try to find if they come loose.
Thanks to Adam Spreadbury at Stern, who could have unloaded a deserved RTFM on me but instead was nice enough to let me know the time machine ramp screws are:
237-6370-00 = SCREW, 4-40 X 3/16"

Argh! Blue Loctite on order for me - soon after the first screw wandered away I tightened them all only to see the whole left side of my Time Machine ramp fall off last night; you can see the blue nub is almost ready to fail and Operation "Where the Hell did those other Two Screws Go?" is about to commence :/

IMG_2751 (resized).jpgIMG_2751 (resized).jpgIMG_2752 (resized).jpgIMG_2752 (resized).jpg
#7104 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Where you have it, and where it should go.
[quoted image]

I went ahead and ordered this mod. I've been getting a TON of "misses" on this inner loop lately. Super frustrating. I hope this helps. (I also reduced my upper flipper strength by 10 but that didn't do much for the inner loop. I do think it's helping me hit the left ramp, as I often have that shot rejected by the Super Jackpot thing hanging from the ramp.)

#7105 1 year ago

Curious if some of you are still not using Insider Connected since it’s the only way of achieving two additional songs? I think it’s one of the coolest IC features so far. No extra cost, you just have to log in and make it to Cygnus 1 & 2.

#7106 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Curious if some of you are still not using Insider Connected since it’s the only way of achieving two additional songs? I think it’s one of the coolest IC features so far. No extra cost, you just have to log in and make it to Cygnus 1 & 2.

I use it all the time.... but I doubt I'll ever unlock them. Still haven't unlocked End of the Line on my MET and its been years.

#7107 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnnyTucson:

Argh! Blue Loctite on order for me

just goto any hardware store...

#7108 1 year ago

Love the way you do-up your pins.
Well done. Beauties

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Finally, officially in the club with a set up Rush!
[quoted image]

#7109 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnnyTucson:

Argh! Blue Loctite on order for me - soon after the first screw wandered away I tightened them all only to see the whole left side of my Time Machine ramp fall off last night; you can see the blue nub is almost ready to fail and Operation "Where the Hell did those other Two Screws Go?" is about to commence :/
[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh that stinks, they’re such little bastards to begin with, let alone trying to find them. Yes, Loctite all the way.

Since you’ll have to go through the trouble of pulling the ramp, to get to all of the screws, might as well get the NinjaCamp replacements and replace those blue nubs with better quality stuff.

Reminds me, I should Loctite the remaining screws I didn’t pull, when putting the NC guards in....

#7110 1 year ago

Found

#7111 1 year ago

Got game setup, clock fixed, playfield leveled and bam, this happens. Beginners luck?

DB9D1A5F-8F89-4453-8EC3-A49FD99916CC (resized).jpegDB9D1A5F-8F89-4453-8EC3-A49FD99916CC (resized).jpeg
#7112 1 year ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Got game setup, clock fixed, playfield leveled and bam, this happens. Beginners luck?
[quoted image]

You just forgot to put the glass back on.

Seriously though, great job! I've never even had 500M...

#7113 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

You just forgot to put the glass back on.
Seriously though, great job! I've never even had 500M...

Nope, you can see the sticker on the glass in the picture.

It was a super long game and got to both Cygnus books.

#7114 1 year ago

Is this different than updating code with USB ?I played Cygnus 1 last night no IC and its got both 1 and 2 in extra modes .

#7115 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Love the way you do-up your pins.
Well done. Beauties

Thanks - I enjoy pimping out my games as part of an overall appreciation of the hobby. If they're going to consistently kick my ass (as they do), they might as well look pretty while doing it!

Looking forward to upgrading my RUSH a whole lot more yet - lots of cool mods and opportunities available!

Quoted from Insanity199:

Impressive - congrats! My GCS so far is nowhere worthy of discussion.

#7116 1 year ago

Anyone in Arizona looking for a RUSH pro or premium NIB with no tax lmk. My distributor is making a run out here next month and will bring your pin to you. He’s a great distributor. Message me if interested.

He also has Pro and Premium Mando’s available.

#7117 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Is this different than updating code with USB ?I played Cygnus 1 last night no IC and its got both 1 and 2 in extra modes .

Doesn’t matter if it’s USB or WiFi, you just need to be on the latest code. And it’s not the two Challenge modes, it’s getting to the two mini wizard modes within the normal game.
If you are logged in and get to Cygnus 1 or 2, then those songs become selectable as one of your songs choices to choose at the beginning of each ball. They are tied to your IC account.

67E1CECD-A107-40D6-ADCE-C0FFB1936E42 (resized).jpeg67E1CECD-A107-40D6-ADCE-C0FFB1936E42 (resized).jpeg

#7118 1 year ago

Since the last update my upper left pop bumper will randomly go off 3 quick times here and there. Anyone else have that?

Ive never had to work on pops before. What should i look for?

#7119 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Since the last update my upper left pop bumper will randomly go off 3 quick times here and there. Anyone else have that?
Ive never had to work on pops before. What should i look for?

Gap the copper switch blades under the pop that's going off randomly. Game off, separate the copper blades just enough to give them a very small bit more gap. Too much gap and the pop probably won't fire. You probably need 1mm more gap than what it has.

#7120 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Gap the copper switch blades under the pop that's going off randomly. Game off, separate the copper blades just enough to give them a very small bit more gap. Too much gap and the pop probably won't fire. You probably need 1mm more gap than what it has.

Yea this is exactly what i just did and about to test it. Ive done it before on slings but never pops. Looks like the same process.

#7121 1 year ago

Ok that did it. Side note. Whats the consesnus on proper pitch for the game? My left orbit does allow me to feed the upper scoop by holding up the right flipper. And the middle ramp above scoops is a very difficult shot as well.

I played yesterday in league and that game was smoother.

#7122 1 year ago

So I got to Cygnus Book 1 twice and escaped the three planets. The last task is to hit a ball in the time machine and it will hold it there. You then have to hit that ball out before draining down to ball one.

Welll, I failed at that twice. I drained to one ball and then it leaves me in a state where the time machine is the only thing flashing. Hitting it basically does nothing (no score and it just shoots it through). Everything else doesn’t really do anything either. Both times I just let the ball drain and then it ended the mode and game play resumed like normal on next ball. I can only imagine this is a bug in the code since it happened twice this same way. I guess I just need to play better and not drain to one ball before finishing.

#7123 1 year ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I can only imagine this is a bug in the code since it happened twice this same way. I guess I just need to play better and not drain to one ball before finishing.

Think of it as a feature, not a bug. You were on the event horizon, and needed an assist to escape. As you failed, you're stuck in the Black Hole and that ball will never see anything else.

#7124 1 year ago

If you are logged in and get to Cygnus 1 or 2, then those songs become selectable as one of your songs choices

That’s awesome but also annoying. I may never get to either of those wizard modes.

#7125 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

That’s awesome but also annoying. I may never get to either of those wizard modes.

The mulitballs don't have to be completed, you only need to start them. So, Book 1 should be attainable for anybody.

Edit: Apparently I've insulted Velix's pinball skills... but honestly, it's a very reasonable requirement for a wizard mode. Just did it myself, book 1 unlocked!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7126 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Problem I have is no expression available to buy for Rush and I have a LZ next to my Rush glowing with beautiful expression lights.
Come on Stern - bring the Rush expression lights!

I've been told it's due to the microchip shortage. If that's true you may be waiting a while. I've had a problem with the right side expression lights for months. They mostly just lock on bluish white, while the left side works fine. Started happening shortly after I got my game. Stern is working with me on it, but again, those parts are backordered.

#7127 1 year ago

why (resized).pngwhy (resized).png

Chetrico explain why you would downvote sound advice and a solution for a question asked?

#7128 1 year ago

Doesn’t matter if it’s USB or WiFi, you just need to be on the latest code. And it’s not the two Challenge modes, it’s getting to the two mini wizard modes within the normal game.
If you are logged in and get to Cygnus 1 or 2, then those songs become selectable as one of your songs choices to choose at the beginning of each ball. They are tied to your IC account.
[quoted image]

Also note, other players playing a game with you can also choose to select those songs you've unlocked. My son insists we play together so he can use my access to get The Voyage as a selectable song, lol. (i.e., if I'm Player 1, then Player 2 also gets to select The Voyage)

And just as an FYI (though the 'online' account is kinda the point so this should be obvious) -- this works anywhere you play. Even though I earned it at my house, I played at a friend's house yesterday and it was available to me and the friend playing with me.

#7129 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicman:

I've been told it's due to the microchip shortage. If that's true you may be waiting a while. I've had a problem with the right side expression lights for months. They mostly just lock on bluish white, while the left side works fine. Started happening shortly after I got my game. Stern is working with me on it, but again, those parts are backordered.

Well yes but they made them for the LEs a long time ago (probably late last year) so one would think 6 months later they might have made a few more.

#7130 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yeah, being an average player, I'll likely never unlock either of these songs with the glass on. Hmmmm.

#7131 1 year ago

They are making a few more expression kits but those go into the Led Zeppelin premium run that they're pushing out next months

#7132 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicman:

Yeah, being an average player, I'll likely never unlock either of these songs with the glass on. Hmmmm.

Not with that attitude!

Average players can definitely start multiballs. Average players beat "good" players in competition all of the time. It's one game.

#7133 1 year ago
Quoted from kbenson13:

Your first 2 balls resemble most of my games. It's amazing what you pulled off with your 3rd ball (plus the extras). I have to remember not to get discouraged after 2 bad balls. It's still possible to pull off an amazing game from there. Well... it was for you at least!
Cheers!

I always tell my friends (who suck worse than pinball than I do) that you only need 1 good ball

#7134 1 year ago
Quoted from Fussa71:

Still waiting for my Premium
But in the meantime, I’ve got the SWEET banner up!
[quoted image]

Where can I order a banner from? Everytime I ask my distributor about one, he says they don't have them yet.

#7135 1 year ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

Where can I order a banner from? Everytime I ask my distributor about one, he says they don't have them yet.

I got mine from Pinsider Marcdaddy, but it looks like the ad is archived.

Zach at Flip n Out has them listed on Facebook as being in-stock, but the post is a few weeks old at this point.

There is a listing on eBay with a few available for $200 each, as well.

#7136 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

Not with that attitude!
Average players can definitely start multiballs. Average players beat "good" players in competition all of the time. It's one game.

Yeah, I’ve had a few games where I started all but Headlong and/or the last TM multiball. I’ll keep trying.

But *finishing* all 6 regular modes? Not gonna happen. On a good day I can finish 2.

#7137 1 year ago

In an unexpected turn of events, we have a Premium coming in about 10-12 days.

I'm curious - in the Rush Game Group (in the top 100) why is the Premium not listed? Are Premiums lumped with LEs (for reviews) but just not labeled as such? Sometimes Premium & LE are separated (Godzilla, JP Stern, most Sterns released in the past 3-4 years) and sometimes they are combined (Iron Maiden, Star Wars Stern, most sterns released ~4+ years ago). Has the ship sailed to give Rush Premium it's own listing in the game group? Who does one ask? Searching "Rush Game Group" does not yield fruitful results....

#7138 1 year ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

I'm curious - in the Rush Game Group (in the top 100) why is the Premium not listed? Are Premiums lumped with LEs (for reviews) .

Congrats.
Appears 30 premium reviews need to be in place to get it listed with the Rush group on the top 100.

#7139 1 year ago

I haven't reviewed my Premium yet, in part because the code isn't complete. I think this game is beautiful, and as I've said before I think it's perfectly designed for very skilled players. For me (intermediate player at best) it continues to be an exercise in frustration (and largely, futility). The game remains too hard to be enjoyable with nothing really fun happening in my typically crummy games. It's very different from a game like GZ where you can get to that GZ multiball even in otherwise non-spectacular games, and that feels like a fun accomplishment. The achievable multiball modes in Rush aren't rewarding to achieve and don't (for me, at least) result in large point gains. In the absence of a code change, all this will ultimately impact my rating. So I'm really in no...Rush....to rate it.

#7140 1 year ago
Quoted from kbenson13:

I haven't reviewed my Premium yet, in part because the code isn't complete. I think this game is beautiful, and as I've said before I think it's perfectly designed for very skilled players. For me (intermediate player at best) it continues to be an exercise in frustration (and largely, futility). The game remains too hard to be enjoyable with nothing really fun happening in my typically crummy games. It's very different from a game like GZ where you can get to that GZ multiball even in otherwise non-spectacular games, and that feels like a fun accomplishment. The achievable multiball modes in Rush aren't rewarding to achieve and don't (for me, at least) result in large point gains. In the absence of a code change, all this will ultimately impact my rating. So I'm really in no...Rush....to rate it.

I should say I continue to play the heck out of the game and I have improved a little. I definitely have a love/hate relationship with it. I'm not ready to write the game off, or sell it, or anything like that. I clearly need more time with it to have a final view. I do love the theme and I want to love the game itself. Maybe it will ultimately make me a better player and I will be able to appreciate it more. I don't mean to be a huge negative nancy. I'm just venting!

#7141 1 year ago
Quoted from kbenson13:

All good. I’m still adjusting to rules of the game and dialing in shot combos - it does take time. You’ll find that once you do the game opens up. At least the game layout is fair and more forgiving than some previous Borg titles. I have a ways to go but enjoying the ride.
Hope it comes around for you.

#7142 1 year ago
Quoted from kbenson13:

Change a few settings maybe? Change the setting to allow albums to collect or whatever during MBs. Other settings will automatically control the diverter also, making some combos and shots more accessible.

#7143 1 year ago
Quoted from kbenson13:

Far cry mb scores the best and easy to get to, only requires 6 shots. If you can play ghostbusters and not be frustrated, you'll be fine on Rush

#7144 1 year ago

Default settings are tougher now. If you've been following this thread long enough, you'll know that's partly because everyone complained that the game was too easy in the beginning.

Coders can't win! Even when they put tons of customization and accessibility options in.

#7145 1 year ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

Where can I order a banner from?

“My” distributer couldn’t seem to get me one either.
I got mine from Flip n Out.
If Zack is out of them just check around with other dist.’s I’m sure someone will have one for you
They’re REALLY cool!

#7146 1 year ago

After playing some Guardians of the Galaxy over the weekend, I'm pretty sure Borg designs his games to be difficult for average players. I don't want to change the settings because that feels like a cheat. Hopefully I just find a way to get better. I have games where everything flows and it's kinda fun. But then I have dozens of games in a row where I brick everything and end up with a score of 2-5 million points. The good news is I'm beginning to see where I'm screwing up. So maybe there's hope!

#7147 1 year ago
Quoted from kbenson13:

After playing some Guardians of the Galaxy over the weekend, I'm pretty sure Borg designs his games to be difficult for average players. I don't want to change the settings because that feels like a cheat. Hopefully I just find a way to get better. I have games where everything flows and it's kinda fun. But then I have dozens of games in a row where I brick everything and end up with a score of 2-5 million points. The good news is I'm beginning to see where I'm screwing up. So maybe there's hope!

If you would have received your game in April, you would start every multiball with 3 instead of 2 balls and a bunch of other settings which were updated in a more recent release. Read through the Readme. Set it so that you have fun. It will help you learn the shots and deep rules. I still don't know them all. Make it enjoyable. No shame in that. Once you feel more comfortable you can always change them back. There's a setting that you can "install" home mode too.

#7148 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Wasn't looking to change out ramps but would love a mod that made the dead end shot feed the left flipper

I would be open to trying, but the height of the wireform it would need to reach above it would be difficult to solve in that space. I had issues with a led zeppelin pro attempt.

I will have Rush at Pintastic Friday for anyone going that would like to play the metal ramp mod please feel free to stop by and say hello. I made another version and will keep improving it as it goes. This one is the figure it out set. And a quick video of the ramp and wireform working.

5B492529-CA5F-4691-9DB2-46A43F072A16 (resized).jpeg5B492529-CA5F-4691-9DB2-46A43F072A16 (resized).jpeg
#7149 1 year ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

Definitely email Zach. $125.

A lot of people charging $200++

#7150 1 year ago
Quoted from kbenson13:

The game remains too hard to be enjoyable with nothing really fun happening in my typically crummy games.

So I'm a very crappy player and I'm loving it. My secret to fun games as a crappy player is to...

- make sure I start a mode the second the red light comes on
- not get lured into trying for an almost completed combo or other non-mode objective
- set the ball saves to be longer that the default settings
- get the extra ball lit asap by hitting the ramp 5 times then get the time machine multi-ball started

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
8,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, NH
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer
Backbox
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,839 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 357.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/143 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.