20240319_194137 (resized).jpg
20240319_194051 (resized).jpg
IMG_5172 (resized).jpeg
20240313_124509 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_232015126 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230406999 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230353824 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 357.
#7001 1 year ago
Quoted from misterschu:

What do you mean by this?

Watch the YouTube video I posted.

#7002 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Watch the YouTube video I posted.

Ya, which part are you describing?

#7003 1 year ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

I’m having all the same problems…. Will it ‘click’ as described with the power off ? I’m thinking of trying AGAIN with the new switch. Thanks !!

The click sound is mechanical. It's generated by the microswitch. You will hear it even unplugged and sitting in your hand. You should do an initial adjustment when it's still in your hand. Once it's attached to the subway, if it doesn't click, you may need to slightly loosen the two screws into the optos and slightly rotate the metal part until it can click, then tighten and test with the scoop test. If it's not clicking ever (rare) then you may need to remove and bend etc. as was posted.

The click will only happen when you actuate the little lever on the microswitch (with your finger when Uninstalled, with a screwdriver or ball when installed).

#7004 1 year ago
Quoted from misterschu:

Ya, which part are you describing?

Watch the whole minute and twenty, but the line is around :43 seconds. Somewhere in the pin, the actual Geddy, reads this line using a Cartman voice. "I am Geddy Lee and..."

Fwiw, I've only heard the callout a few times (2 or 3). I'd guess it's in Tom Sawyer mode rarely.

#7005 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Watch the whole minute and twenty, but the line is around :43 seconds. Somewhere in the pin, the actual Geddy, reads this line using a Cartman voice. "I am Geddy Lee and..."

Ah, I see, I didn't recognize that, I'll have to keep an ear out for the callout, thanks for explaining

#7006 1 year ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

this game is absolutely the best borg design ever. i am so stoked. man, the music is outrageously great; a perfect fit for pinball. the speed is brutal, but the layout and drains are very well designed to be a "fair" type of machine. it isn't a drain monster at all. I'm in love with this game.
my only gripes are the voice work and the art. the voices are not really compelling; it really feels like bad acting in alot of callouts. the art is reminiscient of older stern art. this machine deserves better art for sure. Borg's Tron and Metallica come to mind; the art on those games is far superior.
regardless, I still think this is the best game Stern has released since IMDN. Pure adrenaline coupled with a remarkable layout and ramps!!!

The quirky calls outs are way overdone. This game needs more 2112 “The Voice” call outs. This needs to be an option!

#7007 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

The quirky calls outs are way overdone. This game needs more 2112 “The Voice” call outs. This needs to be an option!

There's an adjustment setting to turn up or down the humor. It's in the Rush menu. I turned mine up to frequent.

#7008 1 year ago

Quick preview of illusion rootbeer

DSCN3519 (resized).JPGDSCN3519 (resized).JPG
#7009 1 year ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

I’m having all the same problems…. Will it ‘click’ as described with the power off ? I’m thinking of trying AGAIN with the new switch. Thanks !!

Take your old switch and hold up to yr ear and you'll hear it click, I think k when I put it back in game, it was too tight then as well. Pull the new one out. And see if you can hear it. Seriously, about 1/1000 of an in makes the difference. Credit to schudel for helping me

#7010 1 year ago

Still waiting for my Premium
But in the meantime, I’ve got the SWEET banner up!

3757E3DA-5347-4265-A48C-75986B004108 (resized).jpeg3757E3DA-5347-4265-A48C-75986B004108 (resized).jpeg
#7011 1 year ago
Quoted from Fussa71:

Still waiting for my Premium
But in the meantime, I’ve got the SWEET banner up!
[quoted image]

The banner is so cool. Everyone who comes down to my basement comments on it.

#7012 1 year ago
Quoted from misterschu:

Watch the video in post 6998, then it'll make sense.

#7013 1 year ago

For those of you with a Pro, how often does it drain sdtm when the ball comes out the front of the time machine? I avoid hitting it unless I know it will go out the back, but when it does come forward it is almost always sdtm. I’ve taken to shaking the machine before it releases to give it some sideways movement but that is less than ideal. Not sure what I would even adjust to help this.

#7014 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

For those of you with a Pro, how often does it drain sdtm when the ball comes out the front of the time machine? I avoid hitting it unless I know it will go out the back, but when it does come forward it is almost always sdtm. I’ve taken to shaking the machine before it releases to give it some sideways movement but that is less than ideal. Not sure what I would even adjust to help this.

Sorry to hear this--not sure what the best idea is, since the ramp is totally riveted. I guess I'd start with making sure it's level, and I'd also see what happens with gameplay off if you just let a ball roll out of the time machine by hand. For what it's worth, my Pro always ejects from the front of the time machine to the right flipper, every time.

#7015 1 year ago

I saw some previous posts on adjusting the clock, but I have a situation where no adjustment will make the clock correct. My clock is at the 56 minute mark when it should be at the 00 minute mark.

In the diagnostics, I can adjust the bias, however the bias is already at -10 when at the 56 minute mark. It appears the bias can only go from -10 to 10. Any change of the bias in the positive direction, moves the hand backwards making it further away from the 00 minute mark.

Any ideas? I did file a support ticket.

IMG-6397 (resized).jpgIMG-6397 (resized).jpgIMG-6398 (resized).jpgIMG-6398 (resized).jpg
#7016 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

Never. Make sure your game is level.

#7017 1 year ago

Having some problems with my ninja loop guide install. Did I do something wrong? Any time a ball tries to roll back out of the loop it gets stuck on the end of the guide on the right…

ADF52FDF-FDF7-440D-937F-FE8C69977E12 (resized).jpegADF52FDF-FDF7-440D-937F-FE8C69977E12 (resized).jpeg
#7018 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

Having some problems with my ninja loop guide install. Did I do something wrong? Any time a ball tries to roll back out of the loop it gets stuck on the end of the guide on the right…
[quoted image]

It goes on the side closest to the switch, but really you shouldn't need it since you have the other fix installed.

#7019 1 year ago
Quoted from misterschu:

Video from a previous tour, Cartman was pretending to be Geddy. On the machine, it’s Geddy saying the same line as Cartman, when Cartman was pretending to be Geddy Lee.

#7020 1 year ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

Yes, you’ll hear(or should hear) the clicking sound, when it activates. No power, you’re testing the mechanical aspect of the switch. Anytime you work with a switch, check with this method, especially after placing the part back in. Good way to confirm it works mechanically like it should.

#7021 1 year ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

There must be something wrong with the outlane audit count; I have over 1100 left outlane and 35 on the right. Yet I am losing to the right much more often.

Agreed. I have 126 left drains, 252 center drains, and 2 right drains. Ummm....

#7022 1 year ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I saw some previous posts on adjusting the clock, but I have a situation where no adjustment will make the clock correct. My clock is at the 56 minute mark when it should be at the 00 minute mark.
In the diagnostics, I can adjust the bias, however the bias is already at -10 when at the 56 minute mark. It appears the bias can only go from -10 to 10. Any change of the bias in the positive direction, moves the hand backwards making it further away from the 00 minute mark.
Any ideas? I did file a support ticket.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Please post your fix if you find one / hear back from Stern ! The clock on my LE is 2 minutes off and no matter how I adjust the bias, I can never get it to stick to the exact time. It either adjusts father away, or once I think I have it dialed in... it still goes to being 2 minutes off once out of adjustment mode.

I accept that it's not an scientific device that needs to be aligned with global atomic clocks; so in the reality of life... it's not a big deal. Just seems weird that it won't stick to the the adjusted time once I get it there.

#7023 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

[quoted image]

Where you have it, and where it should go.

20220609_182620 (resized).jpg20220609_182620 (resized).jpg
#7024 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Agreed. I have 126 left drains, 252 center drains, and 2 right drains. Ummm....

Same here. Showing a lot more drains on the left than the right and I know for a fact I've had twice as many drains on the right.

#7025 1 year ago
Quoted from ChesterWhite:

Please post your fix if you find one / hear back from Stern ! The clock on my LE is 2 minutes off and no matter how I adjust the bias, I can never get it to stick to the exact time. It either adjusts father away, or once I think I have it dialed in... it still goes to being 2 minutes off once out of adjustment mode.
I accept that it's not an scientific device that needs to be aligned with global atomic clocks; so in the reality of life... it's not a big deal. Just seems weird that it won't stick to the the adjusted time once I get it there.

Is your game connected to Wi-Fi? Insider Connected? If not, the clock will never be right.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7026 1 year ago

I've never been one to compare older games to newer games...but after playing a few games on Rush LE, and then playing some AC/DC & Metallica...holy moly, it's like going from 4k HD to VHS. Rush with the expression lights really transforms it into something else, visually.

#7027 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I've never been one to compare older games to newer games...but after playing a few games on Rush LE, and then playing some AC/DC & Metallica...holy moly, it's like going from 4k HD to VHS. Rush with the expression lights really transforms it into something else, visually.

I agree, I'll never sell my met, but never play it now. Played 1 time since rush has landed here

#7028 1 year ago

I agree. I can’t get enough of it. Every Rush fan should be able to play an LE in a dark room with the volume cranked up-or some really good headphones. It’s completely immersive! I absolutely love it!

#7029 1 year ago

I have the pinwoofer kit hooked up to my Rush premium. I was thinking about ordering the headphone jack/volume control from Pinball Life. Has anyone done this? If so, what is your opinion?

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-headphone-jack-assembly.html

#7030 1 year ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Is your game connected to Wi-Fi? Insider Connected? If not, the clock will never be right.

I am not following. This is not the system clock but the rush game clock which has nothing to do with the actual time that can be acquired from internet time servers.

#7031 1 year ago

I can’t even make adjustments to get it correct before saving. Like you said, mostly cosmetic but when it is touted as a feature of the premium, you expect it to work properly.

#7032 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I have the pinwoofer kit hooked up to my Rush premium. I was thinking about ordering the headphone jack/volume control from Pinball Life. Has anyone done this? If so, what is your opinion?

Yes yes yes! I installed the same one and it’s my new favorite way to play the game. All of the sound is balanced and in stereo. It sounds amazing.
Plus, having a volume control on the outside of the game is really useful.

#7033 1 year ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I am not following. This is not the system clock but the rush game clock which has nothing to do with the actual time that can be acquired from internet time servers.

Yes. The Rush clock. You can adjust it all you want. But if you’re not Insider Connected, it will never stay at the right time. I did the same thing you did until I knew that.

#7034 1 year ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

The drum kit shows the actual time until you start a game.

#7035 1 year ago

Stern Rush Time Machine GeFilter VAC-Tube LED module set
The stock time machine bulbs are boring... Color bulbs are better... We decided to go for WAY better. Our beta testers LOVE theirs. These bulb replacements are inspired by the vacuum tubes on the stage-used GE Filter. Installs in seconds with no permanent modifications to the game. The bases can assist in "straightening" the positioning of the factory sockets as well since they are often askew from the factory.

We started designing right after the game was announced. We created a proof-of-concept. Made HUNDREDS of prototypes. Waited for supply chain delays. Invested time in perfecting the design. Prepared for volume production. As of this morning they are in full production so it's time for the reveal. Ta-da! For those of you that are interested they are now in our store and ready for order. Our goal is to ship all orders placed before the end of this weekend on Monday unless demand overwhelms our capability to make them. More details and order at https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/06889-stern-rush-time-machine-gefilter-vac-tube-led-module-set

Photos don't really capture how amazing these things look. Probably should have taken the videos less zoomed in but we wanted you to see it up close.
- Standard Edition -

- Standard+ Edition - Adds the metal "nub" to the top of the domes

- Deluxe Edition - Adds the metal "nub" to the top of the domes plus metal wires to the light pipes

- Photo of the GeFilter VAC-Tubes that inspired these. Rush GeFilterRush GeFilter

#7036 1 year ago

Those are killer. Nice work.

#7037 1 year ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Yes. The Rush clock. You can adjust it all you want. But if you’re not Insider Connected, it will never stay at the right time. I did the same thing you did until I knew that.

I am connected so that is not it.

#7038 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

The drum kit shows the actual time until you start a game.

My problem is not the actual time. It is the in game clock does not represent the time it is in the game as shown on video display. Tell the clock to go to 00 minutes and it is at 56. This is in diags and in game. Any adjustment in the systems settings won’t get it to the correct location. I guess I will wait until stern responds.

I appreciate everyone correcting me that the clock displays time when not in the game but that is completely separate from my issue. It is all 4 minutes off and no adjustment in settings fixes it.

Look at my pictures in original post. Minutes is set to 0 in the settings and the clock is at 56. Adjusting the bias will only make it further off.

#7039 1 year ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

the rush game clock which has nothing to do with the actual time that can be acquired from internet time servers.

That’s exactly what it does, when machine is connected to Insider Connect over WiFi. It keeps real time when not being played, but will adjust to gameplay once game has started.

And if you’re connected, make sure you have accurately entered in your location, so that it knows which time zone as well.

#7040 1 year ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Confirming that I’m connected to Insider via wired Ethernet. What I am saying is that either as a real world clock in non-game mode, or the in-game clock when playing game; the hand is always 2 minutes slower than actual time. And no matter how I adjust the bias; the correct time will not “stick” once out of adjustment mode. I can never get it any closer. Again; not end of the world and I’ve lived with it for 4 months… it’s just annoying.

#7041 1 year ago

Confirming that I’m connected to Insider via wired Ethernet. What I am saying is that either as a real world clock in non-game mode, or the in-game clock when playing game; the hand is always 2 minutes slower than actual time. And no matter how I adjust the bias; the correct time will not “stick” once out of adjustment mode. I can never get it any closer. Again; not end of the world and I’ve lived with it for 4 months… it’s just annoying.

Worst case(maybe easiest), loosen the screw that holds the clock hand, reposition, retighten. Make sure to set your bias back to zero before adjusting.

#7042 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Where you have it, and where it should go.
[quoted image]

Well that’s embarrassing. Thanks!

#7043 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Worst case(maybe easiest), loosen the screw that holds the clock hand, reposition, retighten. Make sure to set your bias back to zero before adjusting.

Tried that but the hand can only go on in two positions as the slot on the hand and the nub on the motor are and oval shape.

A591B691-6A4B-4596-9168-0C6AB2DEE4CF (resized).jpegA591B691-6A4B-4596-9168-0C6AB2DEE4CF (resized).jpeg
#7044 1 year ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

Mine worked correctly with the original switch. I took it out and put the replacement in and got an "Operator Alert!" message so I put the old switch in and it never worked again. The trigger broke off the new switch since I had messed with it so much so Stern sent me a replacement. It arrived today and my first install attempt failed - diagnostic tests showed a ball was locked when it was not. So I adjusted the switch by moving it slightly more away from the hole (i.e. to the right) and now it operates correctly. So my guess is you just have to make a small adjustment. I wasn't going to screw it into the playfield but based on a comment above I'm going to lock it down.

#7045 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

Well that’s embarrassing. Thanks!

The one thats in the wrong place you dont need

#7046 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Agree with kool1 110%, but I can also the other point of view. Keep in mind that Geddy, Alex, and Ed purposefully made the callouts as campy and goofy as can be. If you have ever viewed any of their videos when they are talking and just hanging out it becomes obvious they are pure goofballs!!

I definitely need to review their media to get up on more than just the music. I hope to become edified soon. I'm looking forward to hearing those callouts with more context and perspective! thanks for the input. every game just gets better the more you understand it.

do you guys agree that the PRO art is bad on the cabinet? I think the BG is rad, but the cab is not solid at all.

#7047 1 year ago

ok here is the full effect of illusion rootbeer powder coat. I did the coin door frame, shooter housing, legs, siderails, hinges, and wireforms. Still have to put gold t-molding on. The pics don't really capture the metallic flake or the true color, but you get the idea.

DSCN3523 (resized).JPGDSCN3523 (resized).JPGDSCN3524 (resized).JPGDSCN3524 (resized).JPGDSCN3525 (resized).JPGDSCN3525 (resized).JPGDSCN3526 (resized).JPGDSCN3526 (resized).JPG
#7048 1 year ago

Clock problem solved. See response from stern below. The bias adjustment is counter intuitive since it is backwards. You would think if you were two minutes off of 0 minutes that you would adjust so that it is actually at 0 minutes. Nope. Adjust it so that it is 2 minutes more off for a total of 4 minutes off. Save and all is fixed. The bias calibration is backwards. See official stern response below.

The calibration is backwards.

I'm not 100% if that's intentional or if they plan on changing it in a future update, but that's how it is right now. Go to 0, see how much it is off, then do the calibration and push that far in the opposite direction. Then save it and go back to 0.

#7049 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

Re-balance your pin so the ball ever so slightly goes to the right. It will limit those shots severely.

#7050 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

i also have the pinwoofer system let me know if that works

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 35.00
Rubber/Silicone
NinjaCamp Mods
Rubber/Silicone
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rehoboth Beach, DE
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods
Led
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 357.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/141?hl=kbenson13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.