IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,879 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 358.
#6951 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Geddy is definitely doing a BSD impression when he says “8 meeeeeelleeeeeon!”

Aha. Indeed.

#6952 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Geddy is definitely doing a BSD impression when he says “8 meeeeeelleeeeeon!”

I was thinking Dr. Evil, but who knows.

#6953 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicman:

Have you played BSD? He’s saying it exactly like Dracula. Dr. Evil doesn’t say it with that accent or cadence.

#6954 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I noticed my right pop bumper was sticking, so I pulled out the metal loop and ground it down. Easy fix, if you have a grinding wheel. You want to grind off about 1/4” at the 2:00 position.[quoted image]

I have the same problem on mine. Its rather annoying. Hope stern knows this is not just a few isolated machines.

#6955 1 year ago

Finally got a chance to put the Henhouse in the shop. You can mount it in multiple locations to fit your game and tastes

20220523_121618 (resized).jpg20220523_121618 (resized).jpg20220607_150502 (resized).jpg20220607_150502 (resized).jpg20220607_150538 (resized).jpg20220607_150538 (resized).jpg20220607_150742 (resized).jpg20220607_150742 (resized).jpg805.f (resized).jpg805.f (resized).jpg

#6956 1 year ago

bummed there wasn't a note about expression lights in this months state of the union.

#6957 1 year ago
Quoted from Wicked-Flip:

I have the same problem on mine. Its rather annoying. Hope stern knows this is not just a few isolated machines.

I like how wide open that orbit shot through the pops is. Borg could have made it narrower to avoid the pop ring interference, but I’m glad he didn’t.

#6958 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I like how wide open that orbit shot through the pops is. Borg could have made it narrower to avoid the pop ring interference, but I’m glad he didn’t.

I like the positive attitude you display,refreshing.

#6959 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Well, up until recently that was the case, so many of us still have that perspective.

I thought this might be the one time Stern might let me down, but I found out today that I’ll be getting a new Rush playfield (eventually). So Stern still has a near-perfect batting average for me. It just takes patience.

#6960 1 year ago

I'm curious.....
Has anyone installed the mantis protector on the front scoop? If so, what is your opinion?

The same goes to the Cliffy protector set....(I kind of regret buying this now, considering it has the forks over the cliffy on the front scoop).

I've bought both, but have yet to install either version.

I've also bought, (but haven't installed) the TPU scoop protector.

I've had my Rush premium for about 2 months now. It still has the "horse blinder" protection that Stern came up with as the "final fix".

I'm wondering if the Mantis will work with Cliffy's protector, minus the forks.

#6961 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm curious.....
Has anyone installed the mantis protector on the front scoop? If so, what is your opinion?
The same goes to the Cliffy protector set....(I kind of regret buying this now, considering it has the forks over the cliffy on the front scoop).
I've had my Rush premium for about 2 months now. It still has the "horse blinder" protection that Stern came up with as the "final fix".

Ninja for the win! looks factory. And holding up perfectly so far, 300+ plays

#6962 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm curious.....

I would install all the ninja stuff now and save the rest for backups.

#6963 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicman:

I would agree, Mike Myers - fellow Torontonian. Im sure they have lamented together after a few Leafs losses. Dohh!!

#6964 1 year ago

So finally upgraded the code tonight (skipped 0.96) and played one game. I know the new code helps scoring, but this is almost double my previous GC score! Wow what a game for me! Unfortunately I think I started watching my score because I so wanted to break 1B so bad and then choked at the last second.

DD2BE1F6-79EC-422A-BC1F-907BAEEDE48D (resized).jpegDD2BE1F6-79EC-422A-BC1F-907BAEEDE48D (resized).jpeg
#6965 1 year ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Can we name the right outlane Tai Shan because it sucks so bad. (Just kidding I don’t really dislike it but I know it gets a lot of heat).
My least favorite combo: Hot ball down the outer right inlane, rocket off the raised right flipper, hot left slingshot to the right outlane.
Then there’s the Hold Your Fire Juggler, just sit back and be mesmerized; back and forth on the slings with a final hot shot from left sling to right outlane.
I have my sling power down a little but seems I need to lower more. Or I need some professional nudge lessons.

LOL on the Tai Shan comment.

This is interesting to me because I just noticed the other day in audits that I had 170ish drains in left outlane but only 5 drains on the right. Seems so bizarre to me. Of course right after that I had four more right outlane drains. But still percentage wise that seems crazy. I haven’t touched slingshot power settings. Both posts are on lowest setting (from factory) and table is level L to R. I have been pretty successful in nudge saving the right outlane, but I’m not that good.

#6966 1 year ago

Some help needed, I installed the new scoop switch, now I'm getting a tech alert of side scoop malfunction. Won't recognize a ball in scoop . Everything looks good, optos don't have any adjustment to them, unless I need to drill a bigger hole. Any suggestions? Thx,,,

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6967 1 year ago

I was in the zone today! I have yet to finish Working Man, but today I was hitting shot after shot after shot... Got to 4:55pm and just needed to hit the left orbit... And just couldn't do it to save my life. ARGH!!!!!

I still don't understand how people are putting up multi-billion point scores... This was my second best game ever and I felt I did well -- but "only" had a bit over 300M... :/

#6968 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Some help needed, I installed the new scoop switch, now I'm getting a tech alert of side scoop malfunction. Won't recognize a ball in scoop . Everything looks good, optos don't have any adjustment to them, unless I need to drill a bigger hole. Any suggestions? Thx,,,

I didn't have any issues with installation, no adjustments either. Double check your connections, easy to miss something not plugged in around that area.

#6969 1 year ago

Excited to be joining the club in a few days!

#6970 1 year ago
Quoted from usafstars:

I didn't have any issues with installation, no adjustments either. Double check your connections, easy to miss something not plugged in around that area.

Checked, rechecked. Still get alert. I put original piece back in , still gettin alert. Re- seated all connections, still have an issue

#6971 1 year ago

Just showed up moments ago. Can’t wait to unbox later this evening.

EB509DA0-BC72-4932-A900-906338A852D4 (resized).jpegEB509DA0-BC72-4932-A900-906338A852D4 (resized).jpeg
#6972 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I was in the zone today! I have yet to finish Working Man, but today I was hitting shot after shot after shot... Got to 4:55pm and just needed to hit the left orbit... And just couldn't do it to save my life. ARGH!!!!!
I still don't understand how people are putting up multi-billion point scores... This was my second best game ever and I felt I did well -- but "only" had a bit over 300M... :/

Man, same here! I've gotten within one shot of clearing Working Man as well. While I was bummed, I was also pretty excited I got that close. Working man is TOUGH.

After a lot of encouraging words last week from folks in this thread, I started having some better games over the weekend--breaking 100 million points a decent number of times. I was starting to feel better about the machine and my ability to eventually master it (i.e. play it decently). Then yesterday I put a few games on it and didn't break 5 million points in any game. I had one game where I didn't even break 1 million--everything drained ridiculously fast. The game giveth and then it taketh it right back away!

I'm looking forward to putting a few more games in tonight. Hopefully I'll do better. I'm definitely happy when I break the 100 million barrier right now.

#6973 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Checked, rechecked. Still get alert. I put original piece back in , still gettin alert. Re- seated all connections, still have an issue

Sorry to hear that. Weird how the old one is throwing errors. Pictures might help, but other than that I'm not sure what it would be.

#6974 1 year ago

Put up 4.3 bil game over the weekend w/ completing Cygnus X-1 books 1 & 2!

#6975 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

playing with the glass off doesn't count!!! congrats! that's a huge score

#6976 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

playing with the glass off doesn't count!!! congrats! that's a huge score

Hahaha that was an exhausting game. Was an 1hr15 game. I need to work on being more efficient at completing things next

#6977 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

Your first 2 balls resemble most of my games. It's amazing what you pulled off with your 3rd ball (plus the extras). I have to remember not to get discouraged after 2 bad balls. It's still possible to pull off an amazing game from there. Well... it was for you at least!

Cheers!

#6978 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

This is interesting to me because I just noticed the other day in audits that I had 170ish drains in left outlane but only 5 drains on the right. Seems so bizarre to me. Of course right after that I had four more right outlane drains. But still percentage wise that seems crazy. I haven’t touched slingshot power settings. Both posts are on lowest setting (from factory) and table is level L to R. I have been pretty successful in nudge saving the right outlane, but I’m not that good.

Not near my machine so I can't check but this is interesting. I'd be curious to see my (and others') stats. Does it have the numbers for inlane switch hits too? If so, how do right inlanes compare to left inlane?

If I had to guess, presuming the outlane posts are set up the same on both sides, I'd guess it's due to the dual inlanes on the right side. If you look closely, you'll notice the metal lane divider/guide between them is slightly lower than the outlane's guide and obviously doesn't have a pin/rubber. I've noticed this results in many balls that just hit the inlane divider/guide, deadening its momentum, then just picks an inlane to roll down -- instead of bouncing up and over to the outlane. If this guide were higher (or had a pin/rubber), you'd get WAY more balls bouncing out (and I still expect it to sometimes).

Compare this to the left side, with the corner of the slingshot, and a pin/rubber at the top of the lane guide -- much more danger over here.

#6979 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

After the switch is installed and the game off, leave the playfield up. Use a small screwdriver and press on the switch actuator. Do you hear a click when pressed in? If not, loosen the screws and readjust the assembly. You should barely have to move the actuator 1mm to hear the click. My guess is your switch actuator is pushed in too far with no ball in the lock and the game is throwing this error.

#6980 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

After the switch is installed and the game off, leave the playfield up. Use a small screwdriver and press on the switch actuator. Do you hear a click when pressed in? If not, loosen the screws and readjust the assembly. You should barely have to move the actuator 1mm to hear the click. My guess is your switch actuator is pushed in too far with no ball in the lock and the game is throwing this error.

Are you thinking the switch arm is resting or touching the bracket? Going to look now. Thx

#6981 1 year ago

Just installed the right scoop switch update. Anyone else NOT screw in the extra wood screw that was provided? It seems like its solid without it. And i dont like screwing new holes in playfields ha

#6982 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

No click, loosened, moved, retightened, still no click. But it's not working with original switch now as well

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6983 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No click, loosened, moved, retightened, still no click. But it's not working with original switch now as well

you need to isolate which switches are registering or not. Because you were talking about side switch, but then scoop, etc. Can't follow exactly what is malfunctioning for you. So start and try to trip each switch individual and see which triggers and which do not. Then if it's any switch except the new side switch not working - double check you reconnected the wires correctly. Use the manual to check wire colors.

The side switch itself may need positioning so the switch isn't stuck on by being pressed when it should not, and actually trip when a ball is there. The click is a reasonable aid to help know if the switch is transitioning.

#6984 1 year ago

It registers the skill shot, but won't eject until it goes It to ball search. Never had it do that before. But I put stock switch back in and it does same thing.

#6985 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

After pulling apart for 10th time, you were pretty accurate. Had to bend switch a tiny bit and and really be careful of tightening it down. Didn't take much, thx for the help!!

#6986 1 year ago

Since updating to 0.97 I've been noticing a whole lot of pass throughs on the time machine where it doesn't register. I'll have everything lit up and it even says it's time to hit the time machine and the ball just shoots right through. I'll have to shoot it four or five more times for it to actually stop the ball and register.

#6987 1 year ago

Finally got to Cygnus 1! My best score so far!

PXL_20220609_002631396.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220609_002631396.MP (resized).jpg
#6988 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

LOL on the Tai Shan comment.

There must be something wrong with the outlane audit count; I have over 1100 left outlane and 35 on the right. Yet I am losing to the right much more often.

#6989 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Just installed the right scoop switch update. Anyone else NOT screw in the extra wood screw that was provided? It seems like its solid without it. And i dont like screwing new holes in playfields ha

Be mmmm brave? Seriously though, the plastic on those optos is brittle and was never made to hold that big metal plate on with all the forces acting on it. I'd screw it in. You can add to your comfort level by placing the screw alongside the edge of the playfield to see it's shorter, plus it'll also be going through that metal leg shortening it by that much more. Once your switch is dialed in, you want it to stay in that spot. Also consider how many of the knockers, mechs and lights are already screwed into the pf with the same screws.

#6990 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Excited to be joining the club in a few days!

Any plans to change out songs/videos?

#6991 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Any plans to change out songs/videos?

Probably at some point I'll get some ideas and want to mess around, but going to play stock for a long while like I've been doing with Led Zeppelin. For sure I'll at least do attract mode videos. Also want to wait for the code to reach 1.0 or higher and get settled.

#6992 1 year ago

this game is absolutely the best borg design ever. i am so stoked. man, the music is outrageously great; a perfect fit for pinball. the speed is brutal, but the layout and drains are very well designed to be a "fair" type of machine. it isn't a drain monster at all. I'm in love with this game.

my only gripes are the voice work and the art. the voices are not really compelling; it really feels like bad acting in alot of callouts. the art is reminiscient of older stern art. this machine deserves better art for sure. Borg's Tron and Metallica come to mind; the art on those games is far superior.

regardless, I still think this is the best game Stern has released since IMDN. Pure adrenaline coupled with a remarkable layout and ramps!!!

#6993 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Probably at some point I'll get some ideas and want to mess around, but going to play stock for a long while like I've been doing with Led Zeppelin. For sure I'll at least do attract mode videos. Also want to wait for the code to reach 1.0 or higher and get settled.

Has anyone confirmed this can be done and still retain Insider Connected functions? Or is that not possible?

#6994 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Has anyone confirmed this can be done and still retain Insider Connected functions? Or is that not possible?

I have my other games running the latest Stern code and customized. I use Insider Connect just fine on the modified code.

#6995 1 year ago

I imagine Stern won't care about IC and modded code up until IC is used for any form of DLC, which I feel is inevitable. As soon as there are transactions that will occur over IC, I'm sure it will require a checksum to pass for IC to function.

#6996 1 year ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

this game is absolutely the best borg design ever. i am so stoked. man, the music is outrageously great; a perfect fit for pinball. the speed is brutal, but the layout and drains are very well designed to be a "fair" type of machine. it isn't a drain monster at all. I'm in love with this game.
my only gripes are the voice work and the art. the voices are not really compelling; it really feels like bad acting in alot of callouts. the art is reminiscient of older stern art. this machine deserves better art for sure. Borg's Tron and Metallica come to mind; the art on those games is far superior.
regardless, I still think this is the best game Stern has released since IMDN. Pure adrenaline coupled with a remarkable layout and ramps!!!

I think you have to get the Rush humor to enjoy the callouts. I think they are perfect but I'm a bit of a Rush nerd.

#6997 1 year ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

Quoted from kool1:

I think you have to get the Rush humor to enjoy the callouts. I think they are perfect but I'm a bit of a Rush nerd.

Agree with kool1 110%, but I can also the other point of view. Keep in mind that Geddy, Alex, and Ed purposefully made the callouts as campy and goofy as can be. If you have ever viewed any of their videos when they are talking and just hanging out it becomes obvious they are pure goofballs!!

#6998 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Totally agree. Intent is to be campy. Let's be clear, they're also reading them at times and they ARE NOT actors. For every slightly stilted read (Geddy, I'm looking at you), there are 4 awesome ones (deep Rush lore and perfect execution). Heck, Geddy even sings a few. Ultimate awesome: Geddy being Cartman being Geddy is priceless!!!! "I am Geddy Lee and I'll sing whatever lyrics I want!"

Alex does pretty awesome acting! (He's a ham)

PS the "8 meeeeloooin" is definitely Austin Powers' Dr. Evil.

#6999 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

After pulling apart for 10th time, you were pretty accurate. Had to bend switch a tiny bit and and really be careful of tightening it down. Didn't take much, thx for the help!!

I’m having all the same problems…. Will it ‘click’ as described with the power off ? I’m thinking of trying AGAIN with the new switch. Thanks !!

#7000 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Geddy being Cartman being Geddy is priceless!!!!

What do you mean by this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Seattle, WA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,879 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/140 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.