IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 358.
#601 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

First of all, thanks so much for the pics. Greatly appreciated.
You can upload them to Youtube and then post a link here. That is the easiest way to do it.
How does the side armor look in person?

that's what I just did

#602 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Looks like they used the same scoops, even - there's still the marks on the sides where the inside flaps would have hung from.
Easy to modify in the field, I guess, unless the existing scoop is to mangled to flatten.

2 things I noticed:

1) I wonder if the elevated piece will change the shot (i.e. make it tighter and/or more ball rejections)
2) The tabs seems to still be on the top scoop. I wonder that will cause issues with the Premium/LE versions. Also keep in mind that my top scoop also shows some distorsion/warping, but obviously not as bad as the bottom scoop.

#603 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

that's what I just did

Looks great, love the expression lighting. Mine shows up in less than 2 weeks!!

#604 2 years ago
Quoted from frosken:

2 things I noticed:
1) I wonder if the elevated piece will change the shot (i.e. make it tighter and/or more ball rejections)
2) The tabs seems to still be on the top scoop. I wonder that will cause issues with the Premium/LE versions. Also keep in mind that my top scoop also shows some distorsion/warping, but obviously not as bad as the bottom scoop.

With that top piece that is pressing down on the sides of the scoop, it looks like the two "fingers" are spread out about a millimeter from the actual edge of the hole, so I would bet just about any shot that would have hit previously would still hit. The hole isn't obstructed at all. Now, I don't know if there was any chance of any shot that wasn't dead-on hitting with the old scoop - I could see shots coming from an angle being obstructed, but I doubt there were many if any angled shots that would have sunk before. I haven't had hands-on with one of these things let so I'm not sure.

#605 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool of you to post pics so quickly. Very interesting fix on that scoop.

#606 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

With that top piece that is pressing down on the sides of the scoop, it looks like the two "fingers" are spread out about a millimeter from the actual edge of the hole, so I would bet just about any shot that would have hit previously would still hit. The hole isn't obstructed at all. Now, I don't know if there was any chance of any shot that wasn't dead-on hitting with the old scoop - I could see shots coming from an angle being obstructed, but I doubt there were many if any angled shots that would have sunk before. I haven't had hands-on with one of these things let so I'm not sure.

Gotta say this is not what I was expecting, but I agree that it shouldn't really affect straight on shots. Side shots that might have rolled in before will get deflected. Eager to see what Cliffy comes up with for the scoops. Good news is that it didn't introduce any additional material on the inside of the scoop, which is already extremely tight.

#607 2 years ago

More video

#608 2 years ago

Apologize in advance for the poor cinematography

#609 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

We are all so excited to see one in the wild. I don’t think anyone will care, lol. Thanks for posting!

#610 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

Sounds like it's pouring rain there!! Still storming? Play a ball or 2 for us poor guys waitin for ours.

#611 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

Don't apologize! This is the best video I've seen since the reveal stream. Please subject us to more of your poor cinematography!

#612 2 years ago

This thing is going to look glorious next to my Led Zep LE - an expression lighting smorgasbord!

#613 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Gotta say this is not what I was expecting, but I agree that it shouldn't really affect straight on shots. Side shots that might have rolled in before will get deflected. Eager to see what Cliffy comes up with for the scoops. Good news is that it didn't introduce any additional material on the inside of the scoop, which is already extremely tight.

Yeah - I think it's evident that they had a metric shit-ton of these crappy scoops and wanted to go ahead and use what they could, rather than scrapping them and starting fresh. Probably helps get the cabs out the door way faster too. Manufacturing a whole new part and getting quantity would have set these things back 6 months in today's climate.

Easier to contract a local metal shop or pay overtime to some workers to slice off those tabs and smooth the edges a bit.

#614 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Sounds like it's pouring rain there!! Still storming? Play a ball or 2 for us poor guys waitin for ours.

I’m near stern and is my distro. I’m pretty sure my distro won’t be going out in this snowstorm today to pick up any of his LE’s. Not looking like I’m getting mine.

#615 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Dumb question, y'all don't all unbox pins by yourselves?

I do. But I also have a heavy-duty original 70s era pin dolly, so it makes it relatively easy. I just cut off the side of the box where the bottom of the machine is, raise the dolly vertical against the bottom of the pin, open the coin door and hold on for dear life while I pull it down and the dolly with it. Ends up flat on the dolly. Raise the dolly, put the legs on, raise the head, done. A little harder with the JJP machines because they are so heavy they tend to want to slip as I'm lowering everything to horizontal, but do-able.

#616 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

Wow. Talk about a fuuuugly kludge. I thought Stern engineers had degrees? This looks like something they picked up on Etsy. Shameful.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#617 2 years ago

that shot was already kind of small and hard to hit. that fix don't make it easier

#618 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

that fix don't make it easier

Can we wait for someone to shoot one with the fix before just claiming it will be a harder shot to make?

prod_17577641024 (resized).jpgprod_17577641024 (resized).jpg
#619 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

it looks different. Its like theres extra metal on top of it keeping it flush to the playfield?

3EFBE27B-0916-40CF-8EE3-AEA2016D1813 (resized).jpeg3EFBE27B-0916-40CF-8EE3-AEA2016D1813 (resized).jpeg
#620 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

The fingers are of significant thickness - this is not good for being transparent to ball movement. This is... disappointing.

This is Stern basically saying "there is no room in the hole".. else why not a mantis style protector? They cleared out the hole and put two dumbells on the side hoping it holds it in place. I'm.... skeptical.

#621 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Can we wait for someone to shoot one with the fix before just claiming it will be a harder shot to make?[quoted image]

Go tape a nickle to your playfield and report back to us how it affects the ball travel. Or do you know already?

#622 2 years ago

Congrats on the LE Rush looks great..

#623 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow. Talk about a fuuuugly kludge. I thought Stern engineers had degrees? This looks like something they picked up on Etsy. Shameful.

I've been in manufacturing for 38 years....trust me, an engineering degree doesn't mean sh!t these days. I've been a "one-man-show" since '90. I started my own cnc machine shop business in "99. Here I am...a high-school drop-out having to tell these mechanical engineers how to design their parts.

#624 2 years ago

Welcome to Scoop-Gate….

#625 2 years ago

It's fucking beautiful. Hopefully I get mine soon

#626 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Beautiful
And I love the Tragically Hip also, I'm originally from Kingston!

gord-downie-tragically.gifgord-downie-tragically.gif
#627 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Go tape a nickle to your playfield and report back to us how it affects the ball travel. Or do you know already?

If you look where the two fingers are with respect to the curved kickout flap above the hole it looks like the curve coincides with the new thick fingers, so that the curved flap already stopped balls from going in there from the sides. Looks like the impact should be minimal.

#628 2 years ago

Also got my LE paid off this week...F yeah. Can't wait!

#629 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Yeah - I think it's evident that they had a metric shit-ton of these crappy scoops and wanted to go ahead and use what they could, rather than scrapping them and starting fresh. Probably helps get the cabs out the door way faster too. Manufacturing a whole new part and getting quantity would have set these things back 6 months in today's climate.
Easier to contract a local metal shop or pay overtime to some workers to slice off those tabs and smooth the edges a bit.

This is exactly what I said

#630 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

Are there no concerns for those tips scratching and marring the balls up?

#631 2 years ago

I'm always surprised that any Americans know the Tragically Hip.

#632 2 years ago

I know Stern sells the expression lighting kits for Led Zeppelin Pro as an upgrade, any idea how long they might take to start offering those for Rush?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#633 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

If you look where the two fingers are with respect to the curved kickout flap above the hole it looks like the curve coincides with the new thick fingers, so that the curved flap already stopped balls from going in there from the sides.

The ball deflector portion of the scoop protector is taller than the ball coming off the PF. The ball if it hit the deep sides would deflect, not reject. This is why we don't see many scoops with their sides flattened by balls.

And if you look at photos I've posted before you can see ball wear spots in those areas.. which couldn't happen if the ball didn't fit or travel there

#634 2 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

I know Stern sells the expression lighting kits for Led Zeppelin Pro as an upgrade, any idea how long they might take to start offering those for Rush?

Like all accessories for Stern pinballs. Virtually no one ever knows until they show up... They are really bad about it.

#635 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Manufacturing a whole new part and getting quantity would have set these things back 6 months in today's climate.

So where did the new claw plate come from then?

#636 2 years ago

Love the blade light show! I should get my LE sometime at the end of next week (I hope).

#637 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So where did the new claw plate come from then?

I'd assume a flat clamp plate could be stamped out a helluva lot quicker, locally, and en masse than design and bending a new scoop likely over seas. But you know as much as I do, so we're all guessing at this point!

#638 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

It's also interesting that you can see where the wings inside were. They just cut the 3 wings off each one on the stock they had and used them rather than fix the design and make new, correct brackets.

Stern recommendation or no, I'm sticking mylar under than first thing and praying it holds up until the cliffy arrives. Cliff's gonna be a very busy boy.

#639 2 years ago

Think Stern got a little frugal with the powder coating. Looks a little better than what they use on the Pro/Premiums, but not much better. I wonder if they have cost savings meetings to talk about how they can cut corners to save a few bucks on the next new title?

#640 2 years ago

I think flat black fits this pin perfecto

#641 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's also interesting that you can see where the wings inside were. They just cut the 3 wings off each one on the stock they had and used them rather than fix the design and make new, correct brackets.
Stern recommendation or no, I'm sticking mylar under than first thing and praying it holds up until the cliffy arrives. Cliff's gonna be a very busy boy.

I can also see us having to change out the balls on a much shorter span of time. The metal to metal contact that these "wing fingers" are going to cause the pinballs to get nicked up pretty quickly.

#642 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I can also see us having to change out the balls on a much shorter span of time. The metal to metal contact that these "wing fingers" are going to cause the pinballs to get nicked up pretty quickly.

Or, I can see the sharp edges scratching the crap out of the playfield where they dig in now that the wings are cut off, but the cut in the remaining part remains.

No good scenarios.

#643 2 years ago

Cliffy is going to be super busy making scoop protectors

#644 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Well ?Wheres the photos ?What number ?

No dice for me yet. My date got moved out a little bit and I’m certain this storm isn’t helping either. Was hoping to have it by my birthday, but no biggie - Maybe next week. I’ve been in the gutter this week anyway - 2 emergency root canals on the same tooth and I’ve been in absolute misery. Rush will lift my spirits once it arrives.

#645 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

No dice for me yet. My date got moved out a little bit and I’m certain this storm isn’t helping either. Was hoping to have it by my birthday, but no biggie - Maybe next week. I’ve been in the gutter this week anyway - 2 emergency root canals on the same tooth and I’ve been in absolute misery. Rush will lift my spirits once it arrives.

Hey, happy 46th! I remember 46, I think, 16 yrs ago!! Damn, where did the years go?

#646 2 years ago

Thanks buddy!

#647 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Ouch.. I had that in the spring. Oh my god the pain I had. Not fun!!

#648 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Sorry to hear your not having a great Birthday week.Happy Birthday and you will be back on top soon.

#649 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The fingers are of significant thickness - this is not good for being transparent to ball movement. This is... disappointing.

I wonder if that's a temporary fix because Stern support just emailed me this today, apparently they are still working on a final fix.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#650 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-aftermarket-metal-scoop-protectors-#post-6783538
This guy is always right on with his Comments, sounds like hopefully this is fixed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/13?hl=motorcitypinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.