IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 358.
#6851 1 year ago
Quoted from misterschu:

what version do you have and is this happening in multiball or single-ball play? without a pull-down coil the only resolution is a chaser ball after X ball searches in single-ball play, and I think chaser balls is a game setting (not sure what the default setting is for it though)

LE. In single ball. Hasn't happened again, but I know others have had this issue

#6852 1 year ago
Quoted from kbenson13:

And I really, really need to learn how to reliably transfer the ball from the right flipper to the left one. For some reason the ball ends up on my right flipper 90% of the time and that makes the game that much harder for me because I'm usually left either trying to thread the left orbit through the drum pops or find a way to transfer the ball to the other flipper...

Keep in mind -- the right slingshot is positioned just slightly more over the flipper than it is on the left side (due to the geometry of having a second inlane on the right side) ... so this means post passing left-to-right is normal, but right-to-left is more challenging.

#6853 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

post passing left-to-right is normal, but right-to-left is more challenging.

On my Premium, if I try to post pass from right to left, the ball goes up the rightmost inlane, and when it comes back down it has enough momentum to jump from the right flipper to the left. I actually find it easier and safer than a post pass. And it’s the only game where I can pull off that maneuver repeatedly.

#6854 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Differential updates is the way to go, but how they have integrated WIFI in the machine is still a problem.
I can download the Rush updates on my laptop in less than 20 minutes while it is sitting on the game glass. The machine takes several hours to download from the same spot.

My point was.. if we had delta upgrades you wouldn't care if the wifi performance wasn't as fast as your PC.. because it would be 'good enough' to not really mind. But when it's 8-10gig files.. a 20-30% performance hit really adds up.

My guess is the performance is a combination of the slower SD card performance and likely low memory allocations for the client and network. Your PC has tons of memory to allow fast I/O and large networking windows. The embedded system is far more limited and not likely optimized for high throughput writes.

Stern would actually SAVE money when they reduce their download metered usage by 100 fold - but they gotta actually implement it.

It's not really practical for me to spend an hour+ waiting for a game to upgrade on location... and thats AFTER the code is downloaded. It's gotta change...

#6855 1 year ago
Quoted from kbenson13:

So I'm an intermediate pinball player at best. I’m not a tournament player and probably never will get that good. But I’m definitely beyond just slapping the ball around.
I say that as background for the purpose of my post, which is to say that I think Rush is freaking hard! Most of the shots are extremely tight or are otherwise difficult to make. And most of the modes are ridiculously difficult to complete. Working Man takes a minimum of 24 shots and realistically takes way more. I don't even want to play that mode unless I can stack a multiball for a little help. And the rest of the modes are no slouches in terms of complexity and number of shots needed to complete them (excepting Spirit of Radio which I find blissfully easy to complete, even if I don't complete it for a very high score). Even the multiball modes are tough to score points in.
I feel like the game was designed to be challenging/fun for high level tournament players and the code follows suit. But it's not really all that fun for lesser players. It's hard to get a feeling of accomplishment. That's kind of crazy given this is such a "gateway" machine to a lot of Rush fans who may never have otherwise considered buying a pinball machine.
All this is a long way of asking, especially for you non-tournament level players, what do you consider a "satisfying" score or game on this machine? How many points do you need to score to feel like you did "well"? Do you feel like you haven't done well unless you complete 1+ modes?
I'm trying to lower my expectations for what a "good" game is. Right now I can't do much better than complete a single mode (usually only Spirit of Radio) and score about 75 million points, and that happens very rarely. And that doesn't feel satisfying. What do y'all think?

This post speaks to me so much. My high score is somewhere north of 400 million, but not higher than 500 and it came on the first or second day of ownership when I was mostly flailing. I struggled a lot for a couple weeks afterward and was experiencing the same frustrations: suuuuuuuuper long modes and just generally a tough time keeping the ball alive.

I recently made a couple adjustments, and I feel I'm inching toward some breakthroughs. Notably, I removed the Titan rubbers I had on the flippers and went back to Stern's stock stuff. I'm getting a lot more control off my shots and feel more successful. I've also flattened my pitch to 6.9 or so and made sure to go back to the 2" sling rings (I went to 2.25" for a minute thinking they'd be less prone to breakage, but they imparted some weird spin on the ball).

After these changes I'm breaking 100 million more readily and have come close to the GC the last two days in a row.

As far as the long modes, I think it just takes time (and maybe an edible?) to really feel them. I also used to hate Working Man, but beating it is so incredibly rewarding. Same with La Villa. A couple other tips I've gleaned from a few hundred plays now:

- Always try to snag at least one combo that corresponds with a Time Machine multiball album/weapon for the easy add a ball. It's huge.

- Dial in the right ramp and spam it so you can light extra ball easily.

- If you get a Time Machine multiball on the first ball, try to get another Time Machine MB in the same game. It can be risky, but if you pull it off you'll rack up some points (and probably will have landed Far Cry or Freewill in between).

And when in doubt, take a couple days off. Sometimes a breather will do you good. We're not all tourney players, and it can be intimidating to see some of the scores people post here, but the improvement will come.

#6856 1 year ago

Yes, this game can be frustrating but I kind of conditioned myself for that by owning a BKSOR Premium. The thing that gets me the most is when every ball drains at once during multiball. I'll be like, 'Okay, there's too many balls out here to control' then suddenly they're all gone at once.

#6857 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:Keep in mind -- the right slingshot is positioned just slightly more over the flipper than it is on the left side (due to the geometry of having a second inlane on the right side) ... so this means post passing left-to-right is normal, but right-to-left is more challenging.

I think it was an intentional choice in rush though I'm not certain why -- maybe for backhandable spinner? As far as I'm aware, Stern's other games (even Borg's other designs) with the same inlane configuration have symmetrical flippers and sling setups and can be post-passed either side -- e.g. ghostbusters, guardians, metallica, tmnt, tron

#6858 1 year ago

#6859 1 year ago

My premium, same I cannot post transfer from the right so I have been shooting towards the time machine and using dead bounce a lot. I also shoot through the pops and hold the 3rd flipper up to reach the side scoop then I try to nudge the side scoop kick out back to the left flipper and catch it.

#6860 1 year ago

I also shoot through the pops and hold the 3rd flipper up to reach the side scoop then I try to nudge the side scoop kick out back to the left flipper and catch it.

I do this a lot too -- kickout from my lower scoop hits the right flipper so I just dead flip it over to the left. Party bonus, the alignment is such that it rolls a bit up the left inlane so I get that RtB light covered!

#6861 1 year ago

After updating to 0.97, I've seen some interesting behavior and wanted to ask if this is expected.

The new code now has the SIDE SCOOP LOCKS BALLS set to always, which is a change from previous versions. However, I've noticed that when I have a ball locked in the side scoop and drain the current ball, the machine won't end the turn. Instead, it will enter ball search, eject the ball from the side scoop and allow me to continue playing. This greatly extends the turn, but perhaps this is expected?

Also, there have been several cases when it seems that the ball locked in the side scoop will be ejected while playing another ball, starting a pseudo multi-ball, but not the Far Cry multiball. I can then lock the ball back into the side scoop, or just finish playing the two balls.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

#6862 1 year ago
Quoted from Chazulli:

After updating to 0.97, I've seen some interesting behavior and wanted to ask if this is expected.
The new code now has the SIDE SCOOP LOCKS BALLS set to always, which is a change from previous versions. However, I've noticed that when I have a ball locked in the side scoop and drain the current ball, the machine won't end the turn. Instead, it will enter ball search, eject the ball from the side scoop and allow me to continue playing. This greatly extends the turn, but perhaps this is expected?
Also, there have been several cases when it seems that the ball locked in the side scoop will be ejected while playing another ball, starting a pseudo multi-ball, but not the Far Cry multiball. I can then lock the ball back into the side scoop, or just finish playing the two balls.

Have you replaced your side scoop ball detect switch with the replacement from Stern? Have you run through the test to see if everything in the subway is working properly?

#6863 1 year ago
Quoted from Chazulli:

That’s what happened on mine before the upper scoop switch fix. Make sure you have the scoop switch fix installed and adjusted properly

#6864 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

That’s what happened on mine before the upper scoop switch fix. Make sure you have the scoop switch fix installed and adjusted properly

Ok. I had previously insalled the replacement switch, but it never detected the ball in the scoop, so I put the original back in.

How did you adjust the new switch to make sure it functions correctly? Is there an alignment point? Just make sure that the switch is far enough into the subway?

#6865 1 year ago
Quoted from Chazulli:

Ok. I had previously insalled the replacement switch, but it never detected the ball in the scoop, so I put the original back in.
How did you adjust the new switch to make sure it functions correctly? Is there an alignment point? Just make sure that the switch is far enough into the subway?

Same issue here !!

#6866 1 year ago

Can we name the right outlane Tai Shan because it sucks so bad. (Just kidding I don’t really dislike it but I know it gets a lot of heat).

My least favorite combo: Hot ball down the outer right inlane, rocket off the raised right flipper, hot left slingshot to the right outlane.

Then there’s the Hold Your Fire Juggler, just sit back and be mesmerized; back and forth on the slings with a final hot shot from left sling to right outlane.

I have my sling power down a little but seems I need to lower more. Or I need some professional nudge lessons.

#6867 1 year ago
Quoted from Chazulli:Ok. I had previously insalled the replacement switch, but it never detected the ball in the scoop, so I put the original back in.

Ok, I have had the same issue with the remplacement switch and I can tell you that you have a faulty new switch
Yes it’s possible, Chinese crap, the switch that you have are to hard and the ball bounces back, the correct switch is really really soft, there is no clue for you, I did the same, placed in any positions, bend it, no issue, Get it back to my reseller, give me a new one and oh miracle, It worked the first time.

#6868 1 year ago

For side scoop issue after replacement switch is installed check menu:

- Go to DIAG - RUSH - SSCP screen.
-Check to be sure opto/switch is clear and not detecting a ball. (see below)
-if it is you need to adjust it.

Had this issue initially until aligned.
Hope that helps.
865855C1-3C18-41D7-9395-3D1773BDFE21 (resized).jpeg865855C1-3C18-41D7-9395-3D1773BDFE21 (resized).jpeg98F7B520-4CD5-4741-9017-6DD1C67ED796 (resized).jpeg98F7B520-4CD5-4741-9017-6DD1C67ED796 (resized).jpeg

#6869 1 year ago

My Clockwork Angels Tour translite arrived today. It looks great!!!

Dsc_6582_1 (resized).jpgDsc_6582_1 (resized).jpg
#6870 1 year ago
Quoted from Chazulli:

This has been happening to me since day one (the "lost" ball in the side scoop, but not every time), but I've discovered that I can sense when it's getting ready to go through a ball search, and if I nudge just enough, the switch suddenly registers, and then I get a new ball in the trough. I'm not sure exactly why, but I just go with it.

I finally received my Stern switch replacement from my distributor yesterday, but I'm not particularly anxious to go back under the glass right now, so it will just rest inside the machine for the time being.

#6871 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

if I nudge just enough, the switch suddenly registers, and then I get a new ball in the trough. I'm not sure exactly why, but I just go with it.

FWIW, MY LZ Premium’s Electric Magic was the same way for the first few months, and now I never have an issue. It’s like it fixed itself.

#6872 1 year ago

My spinner loop delivers the ball to the right upper flipper about 90% of the time. The other 10% it will backup into the left inner loop exit and come around to the left inner loop entry...typically happens when it's a really fast shot with a lot of spin.

Are other people seeing this behavior? Is there an adjustment or mod to prevent the backup? Or is my game unique Or is the game designed to work that way?

Thanks for any feedback about what your game is doing...

#6873 1 year ago
Quoted from Chazulli:

You should adjust the position of the switch on the mounting screws and possibly bend the blade so that the microswitch clicks soundly when a ball is resting in that spot, but also that it properly OPENS when a ball is not there. Test in hand with a ball before reinstalling the mechanism.. listen for the clear click on and off. Then reinstall, and use the switch test to repeat the test to ensure the switch properly goes on AND off depending on the ball's position.

#6874 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

This has been happening to me since day one (the "lost" ball in the side scoop, but not every time), but I've discovered that I can sense when it's getting ready to go through a ball search, and if I nudge just enough, the switch suddenly registers, and then I get a new ball in the trough. I'm not sure exactly why, but I just go with it.

It's because the ball comes to rest sometimes too far away from the switch to activate it. Nudging "encourages" the ball to move over and activate the switch. The replacement kit moves the switch so this doesn't happen.

#6875 1 year ago

I hate that my “neutral” song restarts at the beginning of every ball. Is there a way to make the game preserve song progress, like on Metallica?

#6876 1 year ago

I am well over a thousand plays on my machine.
That’s my plays…just a small amount of plays from others.

Anyone else?

I must say it’s been both a lot of fun and a struggle. Some great games (for me) but many many turds. Reached Cygnus X-1 twice, got 8 Albums last week while trying to play all the planet modes. But those outlane drains…man oh man…the cards really are stacked against me.

#6877 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I hate that my “neutral” song restarts at the beginning of every ball. Is there a way to make the game preserve song progress, like on Metallica?

That's weird. My selected song doesn't do this. It just continues playing through the bonus screen and into the next ball, doesn't miss a beat...

#6878 1 year ago

If you're holding the flipper buttons in to hurry the bonus count and don't let off quickly once it shows total bonus, it will revert to the beginning of the song.

#6879 1 year ago

Lighting it up tonight! On my way to bangkok

20220603_192001 (resized).jpg20220603_192001 (resized).jpg
#6880 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

That's weird. My selected song doesn't do this. It just continues playing through the bonus screen and into the next ball, doesn't miss a beat...

Same here. It also doesn’t restart if you start a mode / multiball for that song. You haven’t done any Pinball Browser song edits have you?

#6881 1 year ago

Rush is finally in the house! Game is a blast!

16719572-26BD-4285-B929-4DE96B06F524 (resized).jpeg16719572-26BD-4285-B929-4DE96B06F524 (resized).jpegE91897DC-E933-4DA0-8BFA-21A09F254F99 (resized).jpegE91897DC-E933-4DA0-8BFA-21A09F254F99 (resized).jpegF348C86A-7B28-49F1-B894-543320E6104A (resized).jpegF348C86A-7B28-49F1-B894-543320E6104A (resized).jpeg
#6882 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Be careful using your flipper cancel bonus countdown. If you flip more than once it can take you to song select.

#6883 1 year ago

I have been working with Stern support on this problem since my original post. Received a new switch and now I am able to successfully lock one ball 1 ball in the side scoop test and switch 41 shows as being activated. However, when I add a second ball, switch 40 shows as being active but then the game ejects a ball automatically. So I am only ever able to lock a single ball - as soon as a second ball is added it gets ejected. Based on the test menu - which shows options for ejecting a single ball or both balls - I assume this is not the correct behavior and I am supposed to be able to lock two balls at the same time(?).

I have upgraded to software .97 before trying this, so I'm at the latest release. Still have an open ticket with Stern and am awaiting a response, but thought I'd see if anyone here has any experience with the issue and/or suggestions.

Thx,
Kyle

Quoted from kse001:

I've seen a few people mention this problem but didn't notice a definitive solution (if there is one yet). I have a Rush premium, late April build, with .93 installed. It came with the upper scoop switch fix installed. I've yet to be awarded an extra ball from the scoop (I understand that the award shot switches between two - I've hit the scoop with the shot lit), and the balls will not lock in the scoop (I'm aware that the setting needs to be enabled in the software - I did).
In the test menu, when I select the scoop test and roll a ball in, switches 40 and 41 register in rapid succession and the ball is immediately ejected out the bottom scoop. I did managed to somehow (I think I rolled it slowly or may have carefully placed the ball in the scoop) get one ball to lock successfully during test, but no matter what I did I could not get a second one to lock, it always ejected the second one immediately.
I removed the new switch assembly tonight to verify that it was able to move freely and registered properly, then re-attached it - again, making sure it was free to move - and repeated the above tests with the exact same results. It would seem to not be a bad switch given that it's registering in the test menu so it almost seems like software, but I've played a different game where it works properly and it seems most people here have it working properly as well so that seems unlikely. Any solutions found for this yet?
TIA,
Kyle

#6884 1 year ago

Be careful using your flipper cancel bonus countdown. If you flip more than once it can take you to song select.

That’s the problem. I’ve actually got mine set up to disable song select. Maybe I should set it back to factory default for that setting.

#6885 1 year ago

Prem/LE owners.. check the screws holding the sides of your ramp together. Mine flopped apart today from play and found all the screws quite loose. I reassembled with some blue loctite. And those blue nubs are taking a beating.. only a few months old and toast.

#6886 1 year ago
Quoted from JMK:

Rush is finally in the house! Game is a blast![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man that Rush is sitting with some pinball royalty! Sweet lineup.

Quoted from indypinhead:

My Clockwork Angels Tour translite arrived today. It looks great!!!

[quoted image]

Translite looks very nice!

Very tempted.

#6887 1 year ago

@kool1: Thanks!
Rush got all the attention this evening- game has amazing flow and really gets the adrenaline going.
Once you lock in the angles & shots, combined with rocking out to Rush & the amazing concert light show, it’s just a really immersive experience.

#6888 1 year ago
Quoted from kse001:

However, when I add a second ball, switch 40 shows as being active but then the game ejects a ball automatically. So I am only ever able to lock a single ball - as soon as a second ball is added it gets ejected.

This is correct.

#6889 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Aha, it’s a bug. If Rush setting 56 is set to “No” (disable song select on each ball), the song starts over regardless of what you do. Even if you don’t touch the flippers after it drains, the song starts over. I’ll send a bug report to Stern.

Ironically, I set 56 to “no” so that I wouldn’t accidentally switch to another song. So I do think it’s a useful setting.

#6890 1 year ago

my rush pro arrives on wednesday guys! pretty damn stoked!

#6891 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Aha, it’s a bug. If Rush setting 56 is set to “No” (disable song select on each ball), the song starts over regardless of what you do. Even if you don’t touch the flippers after it drains, the song starts over. I’ll send a bug report to Stern.
Ironically, I set 56 to “no” so that I wouldn’t accidentally switch to another song. So I do think it’s a useful setting.

I noticed this a couple of weeks ago but didn't know the official way to report a bug. Is there a link or email address?

#6892 1 year ago

... duplicate...

#6893 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I noticed this a couple of weeks ago but didn't know the official way to report a bug. Is there a link or email address?

Email [email protected]

#6894 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

This is correct.

Thanks for the response. It's a little misleading since the test menu has an option for ejecting a single ball and for ejecting all balls; if this is the correct behavior, then "all balls" will only ever be a single ball. Well, I guess unless there's some other problem that IS allowing two balls to lock at a time I guess. Hadn't thought about that. Anyway, appreciate the confirmation!

#6895 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Prem/LE owners.. check the screws holding the sides of your ramp together. Mine flopped apart today from play and found all the screws quite loose. I reassembled with some blue loctite. And those blue nubs are taking a beating.. only a few months old and toast.

I had one of these screws try to do a runner during a game a day ago - and found the ramp side screw hole it came from - definitely worth checking these...

#6896 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnnyTucson:

I had one of these screws try to do a runner during a game a day ago - and found the ramp side screw hole it came from - definitely worth checking these...

Used blue Loctite on those bad boys when installing the Ninja nubs and all good since. Not a fun part to have to try to find if they come loose.

Thanks to Adam Spreadbury at Stern, who could have unloaded a deserved RTFM on me but instead was nice enough to let me know the time machine ramp screws are:

237-6370-00 = SCREW, 4-40 X 3/16"

#6897 1 year ago

I thought I had mine on auto update, but it doesn't seem to do anything, I always have to initiate the download.

Here you go. Make sure it is set to "Install Updates Automatically". And as you can see here 97 was already installed and I did nothing. I want to say before when it was doing nothing I had it set to "Download Updates Automatically".

IMG_20220603_211937777_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220603_211937777_HDR (resized).jpg
#6898 1 year ago

Just installed my lit Red Barchetta on the sandstone one lane bridge from Rocket City Pinball. Thank you @SKYKING2301! I love it!

Question: New NIB pin owner. I've been cleaning, waxing and checking the balls for scratches/nicks ~200 plays. I'm at 899 plays lifetime and the balls seem fine. Is there a school of thought on how long they last? I have a spare set here, but don't want to swap them if not needed.

20220604_180014 (resized).jpg20220604_180014 (resized).jpg20220604_161848 (resized).jpg20220604_161848 (resized).jpg20220604_161722 (resized).jpg20220604_161722 (resized).jpg20220604_173152 (resized).jpg20220604_173152 (resized).jpg
#6899 1 year ago

Every machine is different. Look at them regularly, change when needed. No magic here.

#6900 1 year ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Here you go. Make sure it is set to "Install Updates Automatically". And as you can see here 97 was already installed and I did nothing. I want to say before when it was doing nothing I had it set to "Download Updates Automatically".
[quoted image]

Had that setting, thx. Wasn’t working. I’ll keep an eye on it to see if it grabs the next update.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/138?hl=kbenson13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.