20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 358.
#6501 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

What color did you choose? I can't decide

Going to go copperish

vertini-wheels-coated-in-a-transparent-copper-1 (resized).jpgvertini-wheels-coated-in-a-transparent-copper-1 (resized).jpg
#6502 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

What color did you choose? I can't decide

And where are you getting it done?

#6503 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Going to go copperish
[quoted image]

who are you using to get it done?

#6504 1 year ago
Quoted from usafstars:

And where are you getting it done?

I've used Robert stone here on 3 pins, highly recommended. I was thinking of a copper color as well, I'll let weir be the tester!

#6505 1 year ago
Quoted from usafstars:

who are you using to get it done?

Local place - Killer Koatings, been doing business with Kenny since he started in his garage.

#6506 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've used Robert stone here on 3 pins, highly recommended. I was thinking of a copper color as well, I'll let weir be the tester!

Good choice as well, bought his DP pro that he had decked out - super nice job and a great guy.

#6507 1 year ago

Picked up a pro today and I will be making a replacement metal left ramp that will be two pieces. The first will be the ramp to behind the time machine and then a seperate wireform that connects to that and goes to return lane. I have made a different style of metal ramps that are a mix of stainless steel plates and rods. I will try to incorporate a design in the rods and or plate. I just need to research Rush a bit as I am not too familiar with them. Here are a few examples of the star wars and mando ramps I am making in progress. I look forward to doing another plastic ramp replacement mod. I will create its own topic soon and post the link here. Any interest in this mod please pm me as I will be starting a list. Thanks and I hope its ok to plug the up coming mod here.

88344B6E-613D-4F44-913D-392916E1672D (resized).jpeg88344B6E-613D-4F44-913D-392916E1672D (resized).jpeg67867B97-E352-455A-999A-C3289ABBE417 (resized).jpeg67867B97-E352-455A-999A-C3289ABBE417 (resized).jpegBB23288B-C1A6-46D9-B427-B2E4A03E6AB6 (resized).jpegBB23288B-C1A6-46D9-B427-B2E4A03E6AB6 (resized).jpeg1F30DB96-2BF4-44D8-A7A8-77B8A42A315A (resized).jpeg1F30DB96-2BF4-44D8-A7A8-77B8A42A315A (resized).jpeg
#6508 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

As much as I like the LE - the black satin armor is a miss. Mines going in for powder along with my DP premium.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I really liked the satin armor on the LE when I had it. It was a nice change.

#6509 1 year ago

The lord’s work right here.

Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

So as I hadn't seen this posted yet and it isn't in the official rulesheet, I spent some time with the glass off to figure out the 1-2-3 album combos. Each unique pattern is a different album. The shorthand I've used for indicating these (I don't know if this is "pinball standard" abbreviation) is:
LO = Left Orbit
IL = Inner Loop
DE = Dead End (or VUK)
SP = Spinner
RR = Right Ramp
RO = Right Orbit
So, the patterns in album release order are:
LO-IL-LR = RUSH
LO-LR-DE = Fly By Night
RR-RO = Hemispheres (I'm thinking this is a bug and there should be a third shot)
SP-IL-LR = Permanent Waves
RR-SP-IL = Moving Pictures
RR-SP-LR = Signals
SP-IL-IL = Power Windows
DE-LO-LR = Vapor Trails
DE-LO-IL = Snakes and Arrows
SP-LR-DE = Clockwork Angels
I also found that the 1-2-3 inserts will flash at a speed to indicate if you still have an album to collect there. A rapid flash means there is still something to collect, a slow flash/fade means you've already collected that pattern. I *think* completing the same album pattern again will still increase the award when albums are collected via the time machine, but didn't pay close enough attention to that. A good strategy might be to target collecting Moving Pictures early as it will give you The Weapon or add a ball for three modes (Limelight, Red Barchetta, Tom Sawyer) and Permanent Waves next as it will give you two (Spirit of Radio, Freewill).
This was all tested on a pro model with 0.93. Use this information for good, not evil!

#6510 1 year ago
Quoted from Craiger:

The lord’s work right here.

You can also find a convenient chart here: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-rush-rulesheet/7409#heading--albums

#6511 1 year ago

Something I'd like to see added is text with which songs relate to the album when you collect it. I'm not great at remembering which song is on which album so it would be a convenient reminder of which songs might be worth playing if you noticed you got the Album for it already.

#6512 1 year ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

My guess is it is easier as you have side walls to keep the ball in there. I have a bit of a tough time making the front scoop shot with the Ninja.

Yeah, it seemed much easier on mine than my friend's machine. I think I'm going to keep it on for a while. LOL.

#6513 1 year ago

I thought I would go a different route with the red barchetta. I like the work the modders have done, but I wanted my barchetta small or specifically the time machine big in scale compared to the barchetta and thought it would be fun looking like it is racing to go through the time machine...

20220525_212718(0) (resized).jpg20220525_212718(0) (resized).jpg

#6514 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Going to go copperish
[quoted image]

Those rims would look great on any pin!

#6515 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You should look for a physical problem like your scoop coils being loose or something. Check the movement of those plungers for free movement. Make sure your hole protectors are properly flat against the edges

Thank you I will work on this asap.
the game when working properly is so fun, thank you for this info.

#6516 1 year ago

Wow, new code!

Screenshot_20220526-091103_Email (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220526-091103_Email (resized).jpg
#6517 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

Wow, new code!
[quoted image]

Looks like the topper isn’t too far behind since the code notes specify something about the topper… cool!

#6518 1 year ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Wow that flipper behavior sounds fun!

#6519 1 year ago
Quoted from jid:

Looks like the topper isn’t too far behind since the code notes specify something about the topper… cool!

Yeah they mention topper motor switches. So something will be moving…rotating drum kit?

#6520 1 year ago

Awesome!!! Just got a premium this week and loving it! When will the expressions lighting kit be for sale?

#6521 1 year ago
Quoted from redbarchetta:

Long-time Rush fan, first-time poster. Apologies if this has been asked before, but I didn't see any mention in this thread. Just received my Premium and noticed that the ball will jump the left-return rail with a strong shot on the right/steel ramp that runs behind the back cabinet (with diverter inactivated). Ball ends up careening back onto the playfield as a result. I lowered flipper strength down to 225, which seems to resolve *some* of those shots, but not all of them (a good flush hit will still cause it). What could be causing this?

I have this problem as well and lowered my flipper strength to 225 as well. Doesn't happen as often now and I've decided to not worry about it until some of my other issues are fixed (all fairly minor). I might try going even lower...the ball is just flying all over the place more than other Sterns I've owned.

As for what's causing it? The flippers on this game are just wildly strong and the ramp design/turns can't handle the velocity. Ball velocity is also a problem for the inner loop shot (where the ball skips over the switch). Some folks installed felt I believe to slow the ball down and keep it on the PF.

#6522 1 year ago

So can one have their distro come out and fix the scoop issue?

Thanks

#6523 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

As much as I like the LE - the black satin armor is a miss. Mines going in for powder along with my DP premium.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I've been trying to source a 2nd set of all my metal so I don't have to strip all of the original parts. I was looking at color options and am leaning towards this:
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PMB-2749/black-bronze-ii

black bronze II (resized).pngblack bronze II (resized).png

I was going to order some sample swatches from prismatic powders since it's really hard to get a feel for what something really looks like from the computer images most of the time

#6524 1 year ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Awesome!!! Just got a premium this week and loving it! When will the expressions lighting kit be for sale?

No ETA sadly - hope this summer sometime!

#6525 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Yeah they mention topper motor switches. So something will be moving…rotating drum kit?

My guess is a working top part of the time machine that displays the current time travel year.

#6526 1 year ago

New RUSH code! Hopefully it's even better than the last update

#6527 1 year ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

My guess is a working top part of the time machine that displays the current time travel year.

I hope its Neil's drum kit, big miss if it isn't. I'll still buy tho

#6528 1 year ago

Happy new code day !

#6529 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

So can one have their distro come out and fix the scoop issue?
Thanks

Yep I did. GAP came out and installed for me. Gave Scotty a tip, and all is well. I would hope all good distributors would do the right thing if need be. These fixes just seemed a tad out of my league.

#6530 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Yep I did. GAP came out and installed for me. Gave Scotty a tip, and all is well. I would hope all good distributors would do the right thing if need be. These fixes just seemed a tad out of my league.

Naw John, you can do it. Just take a few pics if not sure and dig in. It's fun!!

#6531 1 year ago

Code before the weekend?!

6E0543BB-D60A-4AE6-9328-1D7406BA4B84.gif6E0543BB-D60A-4AE6-9328-1D7406BA4B84.gif

#6532 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Code before the weekend?!
[quoted image]

Downloading now!!

#6533 1 year ago

This is my 1st attempt at updating code in a Stern Spike pin. I noticed that one of the two USB slots is already occupied by a thumb drive. Do I leave that thumb drive it the slot and use the other slot for the update?

Also, Is there a way to save my high scores prior to updating?

DSC_6547 (resized).JPGDSC_6547 (resized).JPG
#6534 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

This is my 1st attempt at updating code in a Stern Spike pin. I noticed that one of the two USB slots is already occupied by a thumb drive. Do I leave that thumb drive it the slot and use the other slot for the update?
Also, Is there a way to save my high scores prior to updating?
[quoted image]

The other USB is occupied by the network adapter. If you're not using IC, or updating via wireless, just pull it.

Your high scores will remain. Stern will warn before a scoring correction is made.

#6535 1 year ago

New code updated w no issues. The new wizard mode is available in the press-both-flippers start screen. Cygnus book 2! Haven’t played yet but the code didn’t bomb out or anything.

#6536 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

The other USB is occupied by the network adapter. If you're not using IC, or updating via wireless, just pull it.
Your high scores will remain. Stern will warn before a scoring correction is made.

Thanks for the help...

#6537 1 year ago

The new code is 10.3 GB! Was gonna take near 2 hours on wifi, decided to go USB for it.

Quoted from indypinhead:

Thanks for the help...

I was going to update via USB as the wifi was going to take 2+ hours, but theres a zip within a zip on the USB update and the 2nd zip for 001 is saying corrupted or missing when I try extracting it. Dont know if the issue is just with me or the download itself, but thought I'd let people know. Sticking to IC update now. 1 hour to go..

#6538 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

[quoted image]
Wow that flipper behavior sounds fun!

Watch out for that 10 second "penality".

#6539 1 year ago

Whos gonna be the nerd to crack the code on this tidbit in the new update?

" - Added an additional secret feature that can be unlocked by Stern Insider
Connected users."

#6540 1 year ago

Just finished the update using my USB. Update was successful.

#6541 1 year ago

Anyone having upper scoop issues (not registering) with the new code?

I've NEVER had the upper scoop issues others have described previously, so it seems like a super weird coincidence that it's suddenly not registering on my first game after the 0.96 update.

Not even intermittent, just 100% not registering. The switch that tells it the ball is in there is working, because it dispenses it to the lower scoop (then triggers like I just hit the lower scoop)

#6542 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Naw John, you can do it. Just take a few pics if not sure and dig in. It's fun!!

yeah I was mentally intimidated on this one. Even the tech had to mess with the subway fix a couple times to make sure it registered every time… with him taking 1 hour it would have taken me at least 3 haha. I’ll tackle the next issue that pops up on one of my games.

#6543 1 year ago

My game is freezing up on the new code every time I scroll to the song 2112, only if I'm logged in.

#6544 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

The new code is 10.3 GB! Was gonna take near 2 hours on wifi, decided to go USB for it.

I was going to update via USB as the wifi was going to take 2+ hours, but theres a zip within a zip on the USB update and the 2nd zip for 001 is saying corrupted or missing when I try extracting it. Dont know if the issue is just with me or the download itself, but thought I'd let people know. Sticking to IC update now. 1 hour to go..

having an issue too updating via USB. says can't read file when I try to extract.

#6545 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

My game is freezing up on the new code every time I scroll to the song 2112, only if I'm logged in.

I downloaded/installed via USB. Its not crashing if I play without logging in.

#6546 1 year ago

I just updated via USB and seems to be fine (but I don't "log in", so I can't comment on that feature).

The improvements to the expression lighting effects are dramatic. Wow!

#6547 1 year ago

I downloaded/installed via USB. Its not crashing if I play without logging in.

Updated over wifi. No crashing logged in.

#6548 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I've been trying to source a 2nd set of all my metal so I don't have to strip all of the original parts. I was looking at color options and am leaning towards this:
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PMB-2749/black-bronze-ii
[quoted image]
I was going to order some sample swatches from prismatic powders since it's really hard to get a feel for what something really looks like from the computer images most of the time

I went with illusion rootbeer/gloss clear

rootbeer (resized).jpgrootbeer (resized).jpg
#6549 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Updated over wifi. No crashing logged in.

Interesting. Did you scroll through the songs? Mine crashes every time I get to 2112.

#6550 1 year ago

Interesting. Did you scroll through the songs? Mine crashes every time I get to 2112.

Yeah, logged in and scrolled back and forth.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/131 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.