IMG_6823 2 (resized).jpg
354125F5-9E77-42F7-A4D2-14FCB66967F7 (resized).jpeg
20220727_133125 (resized).jpg
20220727_134135 (resized).jpg
IMG_6821 (resized).jpg
IMG_6449 (resized).jpg
Rush with Mods (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,768 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 176.
#6401 80 days ago

For those that want to dive into the rules deeper, in addition to the pdf that gets updated throughout releases, there is also this page that is always evolving as the community adds their own info to it: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-rush-rulesheet/7409

I particularly like the FAQ section!

#6402 80 days ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

I've only heard of 2 node 10 boards getting damaged in this thread. I don't see it as something that's happening to most or even many machines.
The new machines seem to have a daughter card. I'm guessing that the ferrite rings could not possibly save a chip from burning through like I saw in one image. That's my 2 cents.

Add me to the list, I have late April build and burnt node 10 in less then 1 week, I have that tiny daughter board with no ferrites. When I talked with Stern I was told that Ferrites are only to help with Interference of some switch's. Waiting for new board to ship...

#6403 80 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sooo...bend over NinjaCamp, you're about to get the Cliff rip by Stern?
"What Cliffy does is very similar to what we do." - Gomez
Hmm, that's backwards. Cliff did it WAY before Stern. Stern just ripped him off.

Yeah, I mean, obviously I'm invested here, so I realize my bias, but it felt really dismissive hearing him talk about our (and Cliffy's) work like that, as we attempted to step in to fill a need they were failing to fill. Ugh, and their clear intent to lift it - er, "learn from it" - if it passes their tests... would those be the same tests that passed the initial protector, if so, bring it on! Oh well... I'm going to keep doing what I do and it's up to you, the public, to decide what brings you the most value.

Oh also, that shot is totally backhandable without the blinders. Just sayin'...

#6404 80 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Gomez starts about 53 minutes in.

Hmm, that's backwards. Cliff did it WAY before Stern. Stern just ripped him off.

If we get the Cliff rip, hopefully in the next interview we get mentioned by name as opposed to "one of the 3d printed solutions". Are there others?

Mainly I noticed the comment that people said that with the official solution, they could finally backhand the scoop. I then walked over to our Rush and backhanded the scoop a half dozen times in a row with our protector on it. Two things about that, the shot is earlier than you think, and also play better.

#6405 80 days ago

Now the time machine magnet won't completely hold balls anymore. Suggestions for a fix are welcomed!

20220518_195131 (resized).jpg
#6406 80 days ago

Nice article.
My Google News feed been flooded for months with Rush stories.
I loved this one with Geddy's thoughts on Clockwork Angels
Screenshot_20220520-180041_Chrome (resized).jpg

#6407 80 days ago

I agree. Clockwork Angels is a fucking work of art.

#6408 80 days ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

If we get the Cliff rip, hopefully in the next interview we get mentioned by name as opposed to "one of the 3d printed solutions". Are there others?

They'll never mention the party they rip anything off from (ahem, "learn from").

#6409 80 days ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I agree. Clockwork Angels is a fucking work of art.

I listened through every album from oldest to newest when the game was announced. There were some duds in there, especially late80s/early 90s (in my opinion) but Clockwork Angels really resonated with me. And Headlong Flight itself is just a great song and works great in a pinball machine.

#6410 80 days ago
Quoted from erockyoulikea:

I just installed the Stern replacement switch for the scoop and I'm also getting the Operator Alert! Side Scoop Device Malfunction message. Everything worked fine when I ran through the test as show in the Stern video. but after I tightened the new screw for the bracket and put the playfield back together I got the error. I noticed when running through scoop diagnostics, the test is indicating it sees both balls yet "locked balls" only shows 1. Any ideas? Anyone else with an LE install this and not have much room to screw down the bracket (new hole you have to make)?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I went back and read the instructions for the switch install (I originally just went by the video) and realized I installed it incorrectly (wrong screw holes). I fixed that but I’m still get the Operator Alert! Message. The switch itself keeps falling off the sensor, so my guess is the switch is just bad now. My new problem is the old switch is not working - when I run the scoop test no balls are sensed and the ball immediately ejects when I drop it in the side scoop. Is this an opto problem? How do I diagnose/fix that? Are the opto pieces commodity parts that I can just order?

PXL_20220520_162316472 (resized).jpg
#6411 80 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They'll never mention the party they rip anything off from (ahem, "learn from").

The thing is, until Ninja made his protectors, Stern had probably never considered 3D printing parts. With the parts shortages and delays I would expect to see Stern creating more and more parts on 3D printers to eliminate shipping issues. Considering how eventually corners are cut for mass production, this is probably not a good thing.

#6412 79 days ago
Quoted from Photopin:

The thing is, until Ninja made his protectors, Stern had probably never considered 3D printing parts. With the parts shortages and delays I would expect to see Stern creating more and more parts on 3D printers to eliminate shipping issues. Considering how eventually corners are cut for mass production, this is probably not a good thing.

Pretty sure Gomez, in a recent interview said stern won’t do that

#6413 79 days ago

I’m young enough to remember the future…

D04E014B-8A11-42E7-A48B-0A19696AABFE (resized).jpeg
#6414 79 days ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

I’m young enough to remember the future…
[quoted image]

The way things ought to be...

#6415 79 days ago
Quoted from hank527:

I challenge anyone to do this?
[quoted image]

That’s a new one!
Take those scoop forks off before you rip up the balls and ruin the playfield

#6416 79 days ago
Quoted from Photopin:

They're not really durable enough (see: Spooky with 10% fill parts breaking) and take way too long to print for a large operation. Gomez said they would just have the part injection molded with the same material if they went that route. That way they could fart out a few thousand in a few hours. But if they do it, injection molded or 3D printed, they'd still be ripping off another idea.

#6417 79 days ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Pretty sure Gomez, in a recent interview said stern won’t do that

He said they would consider molding something like the Ninjacamp. 3D printing would be too expensive for them.

#6418 79 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Gomez starts about 53 minutes in.

Yes but unless it's patented (expensive) anyone can take a design and copy it.

#6419 79 days ago

I love my LE machine and the real mirrored back glass is spectacular. Personally I think the design of the pro back glass (translite) is the best of the 3 a different view of the Time Machine snare and just a great layout… scored one off EBay and have the frame on order from Stern. It will look fantastic on the wall!!

B44BF44A-0AAC-46A6-9A71-5BE9DE33B1EE (resized).jpeg
#6420 79 days ago

I like that artwork the best too. I bought 2 pro translites. One is staying in this back-lit frame. I have the glass & channel plastic to assemble a quick swap in for my premium.

Dsc_6535_1 (resized).jpg
#6421 79 days ago

Is there any way to get a backglass version of the Pro translite?

#6422 78 days ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

I love my LE machine and the real mirrored back glass is spectacular. Personally I think the design of the pro back glass (translite) is the best of the 3 a different view of the Time Machine snare and just a great layout… scored one off EBay and have the frame on order from Stern. It will look fantastic on the wall!!
[quoted image]

I would love a mirrored back glass upgrade for my pro. Would buy in a heartbeat.

#6423 78 days ago

Wonder where and how one could have such a back glass made ?

Where do they make these ? Custom orders?

I would do it for a few pins in a heartbeat

Quoted from kool1:

I would love a mirrored back glass upgrade for my pro. Would buy in a heartbeat.

#6424 78 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

congrats. I almost sold mine this week then, I went and played 4 games straight. It really is fantastic and I took my ad down. This game really is something great.

That didn't last long!

#6425 78 days ago
Quoted from Maken:

That didn't last long!

Yep…it is a great game. I’m just hot for another title more I guess.

#6426 78 days ago

Does any one know if and/or when the Expressions Light kits will be for sale for this machine? I suppose the same kit from Led Zepplin could be swapped in but the art would be wrong obviously.

#6427 78 days ago

Man, this game is so fast. Turned my flipper power down from the default of 255 IIRC to 225. The shot choreography is really sweet. Love the combos.

Anyone know why the subway ball lock feature is turned off by default? I'm running the latest/greatest code...0.93 IIRC.

IMG_0999 (resized).jpeg
#6428 78 days ago

It's off because not everyone has the subway switch fix installed yet. Will probably be on by default in later versions

#6429 78 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It's off because not everyone has the subway switch fix installed yet. Will probably be on by default in later versions

So if I turn it on will it not work for any old switch owners or just some ?I really havent looked into this too much.I guess what I am asking is Do we know its a 100% fail rate or is it maybe.

#6430 78 days ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

So if I turn it on will it not work for any old switch owners or just some ?I really havent looked into this too much.I guess what I am asking is Do we know its a 100% fail rate or is it maybe.

Good question. I also haven’t read much feedback if things have been betta’ for those that have installed the fix either.

#6431 78 days ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

It's a maybe. The old switch can work sometimes, the new switch works much more

#6432 78 days ago

My original switch has been working fine since day 1 and I had the ball lock settings set to ‘on’ since I got the machine. I upgraded to the new switch as well this past week and am having no issues.

#6433 78 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

Good question. I also haven’t read much feedback if things have been betta’ for those that have installed the fix either.

Old switch with ball lock turned on worked 1/2 of the time. Balls would lock and then in the middle of a ball, a ball search would happen and the ball would get kicked out. So I went back to virtual locks. Put the new switch in and works 100% now with ball lock turned on.

#6434 78 days ago

I just can’t get the new switch working correctly. For now I put the OG back in.

#6435 78 days ago

Not sure if anyone else has had a ball stick in either of these locations. But I did place a post to hopefully cure the one next to the Time Machine.

20220509_193822 (resized).jpg20220522_104535 (resized).jpg20220522_145755 (resized).jpg
#6436 78 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It's a maybe. The old switch can work sometimes, the new switch works much more

Quoted from John-Floyd:

My original switch has been working fine since day 1 and I had the ball lock settings set to ‘on’ since I got the machine. I upgraded to the new switch as well this past week and am having no issues.

Quoted from schudel5:

Old switch with ball lock turned on worked 1/2 of the time. Balls would lock and then in the middle of a ball, a ball search would happen and the ball would get kicked out. So I went back to virtual locks. Put the new switch in and works 100% now with ball lock turned on.

Thank You for your responses sounds like it can be iffy so I will replace it.

#6437 78 days ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Thank You for your responses sounds like it can be iffy so I will replace it.

Did you get the switch replacement from Pirate? They sent mine weeks ago. I chose to install the ninja scoop protectors and the ninja left inner lane fix. Both work very well. I have had the Far Cry Ball lock on since day 1. Once you change out the switch, it registers virtually every time.

#6438 78 days ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

Did you get the switch replacement from Pirate? They sent mine weeks ago. I chose to install the ninja scoop protectors and the ninja left inner lane fix. Both work very well. I have had the Far Cry Ball lock on since day 1. Once you change out the switch, it registers virtually every time.

Still on orig switch, registers every time.

#6439 78 days ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

yes I do have it

#6440 78 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Still on orig switch, registers every time.

Unfortunately, mine started acting up after 80 games. Lots of unregistered shots (far cry, extra ball, arrow in). You got lucky!

#6441 78 days ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

Unfortunately, mine started acting up after 80 games. Lots of unregistered shots (far cry, extra ball, arrow in). You got lucky!

Have James come fix it

#6442 78 days ago

Holy hell is my game playing fast and brutal.
I may need to lower the sling power again. flipper power already lowered. Put some Titan 2” clear slings in. Maybe I should move to the 2 1/4.
Really tough to get control…but when you can get it going with combo flow it is ridiculous. But the game is playing so hard now.

On 9.3 code; Anyone change any settings for a little more forgiveness?

Some good code though;
Had a ball down the right lane during the beginning ball save…it was moving so fast it somehow bounced back up between the flippers. And the ball save ejected a second ball. Playing a gratis 2 ball. Ball drains…game doesn’t go into end of ball…I am back to single ball to play it out.

There are some times where you do get a trough eject down the middle and the ball save is on but still ends the ball.

#6443 78 days ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Holy hell is my game playing fast and brutal.
I may need to lower the sling power again. flipper power already lowered. Put some Titan 2” clear slings in. Maybe I should move to the 2 1/4.
Really tough to get control…but when you can get it going with combo flow it is ridiculous. But the game is playing so hard now.
On 9.3 code; Anyone change any settings for a little more forgiveness?
Some good code though;
Had a ball down the right lane during the beginning ball save…it was moving so fast it somehow bounced back up between the flippers. And the ball save ejected a second ball. Playing a gratis 2 ball. Ball drains…game doesn’t go into end of ball…I am back to single ball to play it out.
There are some times where you do get a trough eject down the middle and the ball save is on but still ends the ball.

There is a “Install Home” option in the utility menu that sets a lot of the game features to be more liberal, you could start with that and then as you are playing if you want to start making it harder you can go through the Rush adjustments and start setting things that aren’t “(factory)” to “(factory)”. For instance there are settings to make multiballs start as 3 ball instead of 2 ball, and settings for the BALL SAVEs on the outlanes to be able to be lit during multiballs allowing for more outlane ball saves.

#6444 78 days ago

Has anyone noticed the right orbit shot sometimes not registering when you have a mode/multiball stack going? Seems to happen in particular with Tom Sawyer, where I'll hit the shot during a time machine MB and then after the MB I have to hit the mode shot still to progress.

#6445 78 days ago

Just joined this club today and got about 20 games in on my 4/25 build Premium! What a fun, fast game - loving the music even though I don't have much of a clue yet on rules/strategy. Reading the last few day's of posts here already helping big time. Thanks all!

#6446 78 days ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

There is a “Install Home” option in the utility menu that sets a lot of the game features to be more liberal, you could start with that and then as you are playing if you want to start making it harder you can go through the Rush adjustments and start setting things that aren’t “(factory)” to “(factory)”. For instance there are settings to make multiballs start as 3 ball instead of 2 ball, and settings for the BALL SAVEs on the outlanes to be able to be lit during multiballs allowing for more outlane ball saves.

Thanks; I know a little about the install home option. I’d rather make a few changes. Maybe I can find out more about the overall changes on the home setting.

#6447 78 days ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Has anyone noticed the right orbit shot sometimes not registering when you have a mode/multiball stack going? Seems to happen in particular with Tom Sawyer, where I'll hit the shot during a time machine MB and then after the MB I have to hit the mode shot still to progress.

This happens on Rush and also on my Game of Thrones, but I believe this is because the game logic deactivates it during the start of multiball to avoid freebies. In other words, the extra balls coming out of the shooter lane will be rolling over this switch, so the game ignores that switch temporarily. It's frustrating to hit it and not be awarded the shot, but it'd be more lame to get awarded the shot for not doing anything.

#6448 78 days ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

This happens on Rush and also on my Game of Thrones, but I believe this is because the game logic deactivates it during the start of multiball to avoid freebies. In other words, the extra balls coming out of the shooter lane will be rolling over this switch, so the game ignores that switch temporarily. It's frustrating to hit it and not be awarded the shot, but it'd be more lame to get awarded the shot for not doing anything.

Yeah I thought this might be the case but feel like it's happened outside the ball save time. I'll try to pay more attention next time I make this stack.

#6449 78 days ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Had a ball down the right lane during the beginning ball save…it was moving so fast it somehow bounced back up between the flippers.

I've had a lot of between the flipper drains pop back into play between the flippers. One I just had recently was a SDTM drain that went up the left outlane and back into play. That one was really weird. Never had that happen on any game. Ever.

#6450 78 days ago

Anyone else having trouble with RGB LED's failing? The arrow insert to the upper scoop LED12 on Node Board 9a Blue and Red no longer light. I had the same thing happen on GZ, except it was just red that failed. I will get it replaced under warranty. VERY concerned about the failure rate after they stop replacing them under warranty.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
There are 8,768 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 176.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!