IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,893 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 358.
#6301 1 year ago

This video is made for the game! YYZ video added to replace One Little Victory.

#6302 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

So Lermods have a red barchetta listed for sale

Just a shoutout to everyone on the waitlist for Rocket City Pinball's original Red Barchetta mod -- I greatly appreciate your patience and your desire to support my ideas that I pitched four months ago. Life and work and travel and more work have all made progress slow, but the time has come!

The road scene version is already finalized, with or without interactive headlights. I finally finished the headlight setup for the bridge option also. Now that I can finalize the bill of materials for the bridge and establish the pricing, I will start contacting the waitlisters to make your selections. See below for how easy the bridge goes in. The corner road scene is also very simple and I have a video for that version too.

Please contact me if you want to be added to the waitlist., as I'll be fulfilling all those orders before it's made available in my shop -- presuming I have any cars left by then!

20220518_162223 (resized).jpg20220518_162223 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20220518-204647_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220518-204647_YouTube (resized).jpg

#6303 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

I tested the LE today, damn it flows amazingly and those ramps are crazy good.
I would love to see stern re theme this pinball machine, since those videos of concert on rush and the callouts.... they are not at the same level of the gameplay of this pinball, it honestly deserved better ( And am a RUSH fan since 1992 ).

Funny you say that .This pin is easily in my top 3 to play and moving up daily .It’s got incredible flow and feel .I’m not a big fan of concert footage in any pin to tell the truth .It just seems If I want to watch concert footage I’ll watch it in home theatre .I actually wouldn’t mind going back to color DMDs with a larger back glass but since that’s not happening , animations are very underrated in pinball and this area needs to improve somehow .I feel just having animated in play info would be a great start if that makes sense .

#6304 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Funny you say that .This pin is easily in my top 3 to play and moving up daily .It’s got incredible flow and feel .I’m not a big fan of concert footage in any pin to tell the truth .It just seems If I want to watch concert footage I’ll watch it in home theatre .I actually wouldn’t mind going back to color DMDs with a larger back glass but since that’s not happening , animations are very underrated in pinball and this area needs to improve somehow .I feel just having animated in play info would be a great start if that makes sense .

Indeed, some games cut me off the will to buy when the animations are that bad, in this case... see a concert. Besides, creating pinballs from bands, of bands doing a concert is quite boring ( my oppinion ), i feel the same for guns & roses.
In Iron Maiden they did captured the spirit of the fantasy behind Iron Maiden songs and mood and created the pinball around that, and that's amazing.
If the flow and gameplay of the rush pinball was bad i would be like: " Well , i don't care that the theme is bad, because the flow and the gameplay is also bad", but... this game is amazing as game, i would do a instant buy of a premium if the theme was not this bad, or if they change the code and ad a different theme inside the game and code. I imagine it will never happens but that's quite sad. This should have been nice in Monsters , Mandalorian, or others, but not with rush and videos of concerts.

#6305 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

This video is made for the game! YYZ video added to replace One Little Victory.

DAAAANG>. The video plus the music.. you are not wrong.. this is exactly how it should be

#6306 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

Indeed, some games cut me off the will to buy when the animations are that bad, in this case... see a concert. Besides, creating pinballs from bands, of bands doing a concert is quite boring ( my oppinion ), i feel the same for guns & roses.
In Iron Maiden they did captured the spirit of the fantasy behind Iron Maiden songs and mood and created the pinball around that, and that's amazing.
If the flow and gameplay of the rush pinball was bad i would be like: " Well , i don't care that the theme is bad, because the flow and the gameplay is also bad", but... this game is amazing as game, i would do a instant buy of a premium if the theme was not this bad, or if they change the code and ad a different theme inside the game and code. I imagine it will never happens but that's quite sad. This should have been nice in Monsters , Mandalorian, or others, but not with rush and videos of concerts.

GTFO

#6307 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

i would do a instant buy of a premium if the theme was not this bad, or if they change the code and ad a different theme inside the game and

94CD4EF4-77B4-4D54-B0B5-174DEBED5C38 (resized).jpeg94CD4EF4-77B4-4D54-B0B5-174DEBED5C38 (resized).jpeg

#6308 1 year ago

As a pro owner I think this game ticks all the boxes. Just seeing all these mods and efforts to change the songs/programming etc and then playing this game stock has reminded me how much I now appreciate keeping my games relatively stock.

I once modded my games to no end, and look if you enjoy it and you think it improves the game thats awesome. But my pinball journey has led me back to now simply getting more enjoyment out of knowing the game is what it is and appreciating in its stock form more or less. More often than not I feel that most of the 3d printed crap out there just bloats the game and as for messing with the programming... I just don't see a point in it. Again if its your cup of tea or if you want to make quick buck then great its all your call. These days my modding extends to a good sound system and pdi glass thats it. Just for me personally I now get way more satisfaction leaving the game as is.

#6310 1 year ago
Quoted from orangedude71:

DAAAANG>. The video plus the music.. you are not wrong.. this is exactly how it should be

Not a huge fan of the current concert footage, rather replace with the original videos where possible.

#6311 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Not a huge fan of the current concert footage, rather replace with the original videos where possible.

There is a pretty cool spirit of radio video kind of in the style of the yyz video.

#6312 1 year ago

Future is bright for Rush music

https://www.facebook.com/reel/735418387900339?fs=e&s=cl

Screenshot_20220519-082014_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220519-082014_Facebook (resized).jpg
#6313 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

There is a pretty cool spirit of the radio video kind of in the style of the yyz video.

Yes, may change a bunch of the videos to the original videos as well. Still have to decide what songs I want to replace and which videos. I think my three changes will be removing Headlong Flight/One Little Victory/Far Cry and replacing with Xanadu/A farewell to kings/YYZ. Like to update La Villa Strangiato and maybe Sub Divisions.

#6314 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Yes, may change a bunch of the videos to the original videos as well. Still have to decide what songs I want to replace and which videos. I think my three changes will be removing Headlong Flight/One Little Victory/Far Cry and replacing with Xanadu/A farewell to kings/YYZ. Like to update La Villa Strangiato and maybe Sub Divisions.

Lots of good stuff for sure..if you try closer to the heart post a clip. Wish that made the cut.

If they never crank out the lights for the pro I may want to give your code a try.

#6315 1 year ago

Here is the Spirit of Radio video for those who may not have seen it. Really cool, would fit the pin well.

#6316 1 year ago

Unboxed #797 yesterday. Updated to 0.93. Other than rusty balls, game seems to play fairly well out of the box. Thought rusty balls were a thing of the past...guess not. Kind of pathetic when you are paying such crazy prices. Oh well.

One question: I just got 2 balls stuck in the dead-end VUK. After convulsing for awhile, one of the balls fell out of the lane. Unfortunately, the ball remaining in the VUK stayed in the VUK until a ball search was triggered. Has anyone else seen this bug? Or am I just really lucky to have triggered it on my first game

IMG_0964 (resized).jpegIMG_0964 (resized).jpegIMG_0966 (resized).jpegIMG_0966 (resized).jpeg
#6317 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Why would you replace far cry? To me, that's the best pinball playing song in the game

#6318 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

What would you replace far cry? To me, that's the best pinball playing song in the game

Why would you replace ANY of them knowing all that work on Pinball Browser is out the window with the next code update, which we know there will be plenty more. Also, I've got to believe that in particular YYZ and maybe one or 2 more may be coming with upcoming topper. Stern and Ed Robertson check these threads and have surely seen the outcry for some of the "missing" songs.

Stupid part is that a year ago I would have given a kidney in the hope of getting a RUSH pin, and here we are spoiled rotten debating which RUSH song to replace on the pin.....

#6319 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Why would you replace ANY of them knowing all that work on Pinball Browser is out the window with the next code update, which we know there will be plenty more. Also, I've got to believe that in particular YYZ and maybe one or 2 more may be coming with upcoming topper. Stern and Ed Robertson check these threads and have surely seen the outcry for some of the "missing" songs.
Stupid part is that a year ago I would have given a kidney in the hope of getting a RUSH pin, and here we are spoiled rotten debating which RUSH song to replace on the pin.....

I just hope if they do add more songs, it's not required to be hooked to the connected platform. Still have less than zero interest in that. I'm sure it's fun for some, just not me. Buying a topper for Rush is a given here, so I'll take more songs there

#6320 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:Deleted post

Rush is fun
Rush is Great
Take your politics sit on them and spin to a different thread

#6321 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Unboxed #797 yesterday. Updated to 0.93. Other than rusty balls, game seems to play fairly well out of the box. Thought rusty balls were a thing of the past...guess not. Kind of pathetic when you are paying such crazy prices. Oh well.
One question: I just got 2 balls stuck in the dead-end VUK. After convulsing for awhile, one of the balls fell out of the lane. Unfortunately, the ball remaining in the VUK stayed in the VUK until a ball search was triggered. Has anyone else seen this bug? Or am I just really lucky to have triggered it on my first game
[quoted image][quoted image]

I got 2 stuck in the vuk. Coil fired a bunch of times, but the balls wouldn't eject. Coil stopped firing so I took the glass off and pushed the top ball off.

Only happened one time so far, but I can see it being a potential issue during any multiball.

#6322 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:Deleted post

I just think the thing is this is the owners club thread. What's the point in posting your negative take here? Not a big deal to me wasting a few seconds reading your post, but really, it's the owners thread.

#6323 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Rush is fun
Rush is Great
Take your politics sit on them and spin to a different thread

i never said it wasn't fun, its very very fun indeed, and i told it in my first comment.
I was talking about those concert videos, just my opinion.

#6324 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I just think the thing is this is the owners club thread. What's the point in posting your negative take here? Not a big deal to me wasting a few seconds reading your post, but really, it's the owners thread.

i posted because was about the pinball Rush, just that, i don't hate Rush, i love the songs. And when i saw the pinball i was like almost ready to buy one. In the Godzilla group if someone say he doesn't like one thing, or even the theme, that happens sometimes, i never saw the owners insulting the one that gave his opinion.

#6325 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Yup - this.

Over the moon happy as is but if there is an alternate music version I can swap out that would be ok also!

#6326 1 year ago

My daughter told me today that she's heard fly by night enough times that it's getting annoying.... Maybe I need to start playing my other games a bit more.

#6327 1 year ago

I went to visit a friend and his 17 year old son was working on learning the Bass guitar,Hes playing Rush and very well.
Great to see youngsters learning Good Grooves.

#6328 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

this game is amazing as game, i would do a instant buy of a premium if the theme was not this bad

Quoted from Days:

i don't hate Rush, i love the songs

Quoted from Days:

And when i saw the pinball i was like almost ready to buy one.

You need to start an "Almost Ready to Buy Rush" thread. This is for people who bought one already.

#6329 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

PB will likely catch up with the new codes, just takes time. If I have the option and ability to replace some songs/videos I have never liked, then why not? Almost all the games I own I have customized the music (Aerosmith/LZ/ACDC/Tommy/Metallica), likely the reason I keep the games in my lineup.

#6330 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

It would be cool if they had an option to show concert videos or the original music videos. I like the concert videos, but having the original music videos would be a nice hit to the nostalgia.

#6331 1 year ago

What is the consensus on ferrite beads for node 10 - is Stern providing a kit or do I have to buy them?

#6332 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

I just don't get this comment. The overall presentation on the display is great... especially considering your barely have a chance to look at it and provides relatively little value during gameplay. I get that everyone is entitled to an opinion but to call the theme "bad" is out of touch with reality.

#6333 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I got 2 stuck in the vuk. Coil fired a bunch of times, but the balls wouldn't eject..

Go into setup Rush and bump up the VUK power a bit. This resolved for me. Give it enough juice to bump at least one of two balls out.

#6334 1 year ago

Stuck balls continued...

Oh, while you're at it, go into the SPI settings and adjust the feature to turn off tilt when Coin door is open. If you really have a stuck ball happen, you can open door and shake it loose without fear of a tilt (assuming home use and key in door).

#6335 1 year ago

Thoughts on whether the Ninja Scoop protector is needed for games with the factory fix? Mine is a recent build with the factory fix and I'm debating whether I should replace with the Ninja protector. The factory fix definitely makes a harder shot, which is good in some ways.

#6336 1 year ago
Quoted from misterschu:

Thoughts on whether the Ninja Scoop protector is needed for games with the factory fix? Mine is a recent build with the factory fix and I'm debating whether I should replace with the Ninja protector. The factory fix definitely makes a harder shot, which is good in some ways.

IMHO, not needed. I think the metal frame alone is a much better design that clips below the wood to hold it much better than the original incarnations. I do like the platypus VUK thing and the Roll The Bones switch setup drop covers.

#6337 1 year ago
Quoted from andre060:

I emailed stern about this - they said the Time Machine can be moved forward which should eliminate that ball trap. I will try this on my machine and report back with which screws you need to loosen to do this.

Any update on the mystery screws for the time machine?

#6338 1 year ago

New owner here.

Before I get to my question, just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to all of the awesome people on this forum. Feel like I kind of know a bunch of you from reading all the past posts - lots of great tips, humor, pictures, advice, and random cool Rush trivia! The modifications, scoops, protectors, stern support advice ...amazing!

That said, I have read through the forum and haven't seen anyone with my particular issue before, but hoping someone can help.

I've noticed that my start button was sticking a bit when I'd press for a new game. Last night, I pressed it and it went in and stuck. I finished the game and then turned the machine off. I can't seem to get it unstuck and was wondering if anyone had any tips or suggestions. Was thinking maybe of using a small suction cup to try and pull it back out but didn't know if there was a better or easier option (currently not an owner of a small suction cup but figure I could rustle one up if need be).

I believe I can press the action button on top to call for a new game but wasn't sure if I'd do anything bad by starting the game up with the "Start" button pressed in. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks in advance!

#6339 1 year ago
Quoted from brytor:

New owner here.
Before I get to my question, just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to all of the awesome people on this forum. Feel like I kind of know a bunch of you from reading all the past posts - lots of great tips, humor, pictures, advice, and random cool Rush trivia! The modifications, scoops, protectors, stern support advice ...amazing!
That said, I have read through the forum and haven't seen anyone with my particular issue before, but hoping someone can help.
I've noticed that my start button was sticking a bit when I'd press for a new game. Last night, I pressed it and it went in and stuck. I finished the game and then turned the machine off. I can't seem to get it unstuck and was wondering if anyone had any tips or suggestions. Was thinking maybe of using a small suction cup to try and pull it back out but didn't know if there was a better or easier option (currently not an owner of a small suction cup but figure I could rustle one up if need be).
I believe I can press the action button on top to call for a new game but wasn't sure if I'd do anything bad by starting the game up with the "Start" button pressed in. Better safe than sorry.
Thanks in advance!

Try loosening the ring holding the start button housing on from the inside of the cabinet. If it's too tight it may be tweaking the frame a bit causing it to stick. Once you get it unstuck, if it wasn't just a too-tight ring causing the problem, look at where the button sits inside the housing and see if there's a rough spot or uneven plastic on the inside of the housing frame you need to trim away so the button moves freely.

#6340 1 year ago

Heads up to anyone who may be interested but is not following the NinjaCamp thread --

The Exit...Stage Left mod will have its 2nd and final limited pre-order starting tomorrow, 5/20, at or around 10AM MST/PDT. We are expect to ship the last of the first batch this week and will be accepting orders for the second batch.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06755-rush-exit-stage-left-loop-light-replicator

39f213dbbb7b58309778cc38a3a6d12cc9eecd0d (resized).jpg39f213dbbb7b58309778cc38a3a6d12cc9eecd0d (resized).jpg
#6341 1 year ago
Quoted from misterschu:

Just had a tech come out yesterday to install the new scoop fix on my LE for me as it was a bit out of my league. Sure it tightens the shot up a little bit but it Doesn’t bother me and I’m going to keep it. Can always change it to Cliffy’s or Ninja down the road if I want to.
5C68E001-1A1B-4968-9EE4-8B29A322CD45 (resized).jpeg5C68E001-1A1B-4968-9EE4-8B29A322CD45 (resized).jpeg

#6342 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Just had a tech come out yesterday to install the new scoop fix on my LE for me as it was a bit out of my league. Sure it tightens the shot up a little bit but it Doesn’t bother me and I’m going to keep it. Can always change it to Cliffy’s or Ninja down the road if I want to.
[quoted image]

So no side sneak ins now, which do happen occasionally. Why did you remove the ninja? Just curious

#6343 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

So no side sneak ins now, which do happen occasionally. Why did you remove the ninja? Just curious

Never had a ninja - I had Stern v2 with the forks holding it down. Wasn’t in too bad of shape yet, but definitely wanted it fixed in case of potential damage. Yeah no side sneak ins anymore, but I haven’t noticed any odd bounces or anything like that which is nice.

#6344 1 year ago

So, apparently from what I've been reading on her lately, if they just changed the theme, the music, the videos and the code Rush would be a pretty good game?

#6345 1 year ago

Hmm, this could be interesting.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#6346 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

So, apparently from what I've been reading on her lately, if they just changed the theme, the music, the videos and the code Rush would be a pretty good game?

Either you get it or you don’t. Those that don’t - their loss - great band and one hell of a game imo.

#6347 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

So, I didn't give 2 shits about the band Rush before the game came out. Turns out I've been a Rush (band) fan all my life, just didn't know it.

On top of that, the game is an amazing shooter. Rules are good too (a bit overcomplicated, or at least not self discoverable; *have* to read the rules sheet). I've been playing it the most out of all the games in my collection for a while here.

I personally think it will go down as a modern classic. I have more fun playing Rush than GZ (e.g.), by quite a lot, actually.

#6349 1 year ago

The ESL pre-order will be live again tomorrow, at or around 10 AM MST/PDT.

#6350 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've had two balls stuck up there a couple of times. It has always eventually freed itself with one ball rolling back and the other ejecting into the ramp.

It seems to me that whole shot is... not ideal... and nobody at Stern realized this during development? The rejects are horrible, and two getting stuck there isn't rare... interesting concept that just doesn't work well unfortunately.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 17,893 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/127?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.