IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,893 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 358.
#6201 1 year ago

I'm not a bass player but will be picking up this issue

Screenshot_20220515-212102_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220515-212102_Facebook (resized).jpg
#6202 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Great news for those wanting to replace some songs on their Rush pins, Pinball Browser now works on the Rush v0.93 code! Will try to replace YYZ and upload a video of the progress.

Thanks for the info, I was actually going to be asking about that very thing in this thread.

In regards to uploading different songs, is there a way of doing this on Rush(or any newer Stern), that could be used only for the Attract mode, but not be played during game play? I’ve got some ideas for Attract mode if possible, but don’t want it to integrate with the main game play, since it wouldn’t sync up with the video and light effects.

#6203 1 year ago

Hello all. Got a nice Premium for sale I just added some mods to.

#6204 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm not a bass player but will be picking up this issue[quoted image]

I'm going to watch Les play Rush in a few weeks in Grand Rapids and in St. Paul. Can't wait!

#6205 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I'm going to watch Les play Rush in a few weeks in Grand Rapids and in St. Paul. Can't wait!

Tryin to catch the show in Louisville on May 30

#6206 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Pinball Browser now works on the Rush v0.93 code!

Bring it, By-Tor

20220515_204326.jpg20220515_204326.jpg
#6207 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Great news for those wanting to replace some songs on their Rush pins, Pinball Browser now works on the Rush v0.93 code! Will try to replace YYZ and upload a video of the progress.

That’s gonna be so weird with the callouts, footage & light shows synced so specifically to the stock music. I’d leave it alone.

#6208 1 year ago

Don't be such a Grandpa Greg ha
I say DO IT
Somebody gotta be 1st

#6209 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That’s gonna be so weird with the callouts, footage & light shows synced so specifically to the stock music. I’d leave it alone.

I would leave it as well. Where to you get this software I looked couldn’t find it.

#6211 1 year ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Bring it, By-Tor
[quoted image]

Snow dog is actually a Westie

#6212 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

Snow dog is actually a Westie

Shhh, don't tell anyone

I wouldn't change anything either for reasons previously mentioned....

But a multi-stage battle mode where you have to "trade blows" with the Snow Dog and make enough shots to meet a minimum amount of progress in each section of the song to advance (bonuses for the amount you are ahead at the end of each section) and end up ahead at the end of the song to defeat the Snow Dog might create some mildly engaging gameplay, just sayin'...

You wouldn't be able to look up to see the sweet Heavy Metal the movie meets Street Fighter animations donated by the 500-person AAA video game graphics team who all love Rush and think Gary Stern is a swell fellow, but hey

#6213 1 year ago

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not. A couple days ago I got to CYGNUS 1. Now if I am logged into my insider connect there is a CYGNUS 1 song that I can choose from. If I am NOT logged into my inside connect it does not show up. See pic of me logged into insider connect with the option to choose the CYGNUS 1 song option.

EEEC862D-A54C-45B3-8AEA-74520082257D (resized).jpegEEEC862D-A54C-45B3-8AEA-74520082257D (resized).jpeg
#6214 1 year ago

Nice to see that Rush is back in the top 20 this week. I have to say that over the years Ive come to believe that the top 100 doesn't always align with my view of a great pin. For example, I bought and then flipped Monster Bash, AIQ and GnR LE within 4 months of purchase. Monster Bash is great looking, but I beat it in 3 days and I still haven't cracked the 1B mark on Rush and AIQ and GnR, idk, but I found the gameplay to be just ok...

Conversely, I kept MET (only beat it 6 times) for 5 years and now as I play Rush, Im asking myself if Borg has bettered himself with Rush? Kinda makes me want to get MET back in the house and put it beside Rush!

#6215 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:Great news for those wanting to replace some songs on their Rush pins, Pinball Browser now works on the Rush v0.93 code! Will try to replace YYZ and upload a video of the progress.

DAMMIT! Now I finally have to learn PB!

#6216 1 year ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not. A couple days ago I got to CYGNUS 1. Now if I am logged into my insider connect there is a CYGNUS 1 song that I can choose from. If I am NOT logged into my inside connect it does not show up. See pic of me logged into insider connect with the option to choose the CYGNUS 1 song option.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the info. I guess this is the hidden achievement. I got to Cygnus 1 a couple nights ago and haven’t played since. Just went and checked and Cygnus 1 is a selectable song now.

22D62421-FB49-4A29-94F9-CE07E7757CB0 (resized).jpeg22D62421-FB49-4A29-94F9-CE07E7757CB0 (resized).jpeg30E0D4FB-9019-4425-B49A-3853D5E9606C (resized).jpeg30E0D4FB-9019-4425-B49A-3853D5E9606C (resized).jpeg
#6217 1 year ago
Quoted from Craiger:

So, for MET and Aerosmith, I made up a second SD card with 8 or 9 different songs and when I wanted to change the music up, simply power down the machine, swap the SD card and you have a whole new playlist to listen to without loosing high scores and other adjustments. Definitely have to get YYZ, Xanadu, Closer to the Heart, Dreamline, the Trees, Distant Early Warnings, Roll the Bones and New World Man on it.

#6218 1 year ago
Quoted from Craiger:

Where do u get this software? I googled it but nothing

#6219 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

Where do u get this software? I googled it but nothing

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images#post-872012

This thread post #1 has the download link and information about pinball browser.

#6220 1 year ago

In a discussion with others that work on pins over the weekend, the subject of the Rush inner loop came up. As one of the theories is that the ball is flying too fast over the switch for it to register a proper hit (close), has anyone considered or tried adding a capacitor to the switch a la games of old? My understanding is that the reason for the switch caps on those older machines was to assist in having quick hits register. (until the caps failed... then they'd often just get a leg clipped.) Have to look and see if I've got any easy access to some of these caps for a quick test. Cap in question: https://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=CAP047

#6221 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

So, for MET and Aerosmith, I made up a second SD card with 8 or 9 different songs and when I wanted to change the music up, simply power down the machine, swap the SD card and you have a whole new playlist to listen to without loosing high scores and other adjustments. Definitely have to get YYZ, Xanadu, Closer to the Heart, Dreamline, the Trees, Distant Early Warnings, Roll the Bones and New World Man on it.

Let me know if you want to work on this together? I have done a bunch of changes to Aerosmith, LZ, IM, etc. Like to change up the three newer songs, album images, song name text and maybe some of the B/W video footage. Sometimes it takes a bit of effort to find the scenes in the code to make the required changes in.

Might be worth starting a new thread everyone can add their comments and changes achieved. Thanks.

#6222 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

In a discussion with others that work on pins over the weekend, the subject of the Rush inner loop came up. As one of the theories is that the ball is flying too fast over the switch for it to register a proper hit (close), has anyone considered or tried adding a capacitor to the switch a la games of old? My understanding is that the reason for the switch caps on those older machines was to assist in having quick hits register. (until the caps failed... then they'd often just get a leg clipped.) Have to look and see if I've got any easy access to some of these caps for a quick test. Cap in question: https://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=CAP047

The old switches are leaf switches. I've never seen a capacitor on a microswitch which is what we use now. They work differently, but I'm not an EE.

The issue is location, not speed. The ball is flying above the actuator and it is not depressing the switch. If you adjust it by bending it up, it will activate, but it can cause a ball trap.

Some of the solutions discussed above do slow the ball down, but that is to lower the ball trajectory, not to increase the time the switch is closed

#6223 1 year ago

I dug out a few "Choice" Rush Tour shirts for a recent Prog Cruise. I only wear for "Special Occasions." I picked ones that related to the Rush pinball machine for the cruise. I'm sure others have similar cool tour memorabilia. Here they are.

20220516_122918 (resized).jpg20220516_122918 (resized).jpg20220516_122931 (resized).jpg20220516_122931 (resized).jpg20220516_123003 (resized).jpg20220516_123003 (resized).jpg20220516_123023 (resized).jpg20220516_123023 (resized).jpg20220516_123100 (resized).jpg20220516_123100 (resized).jpg20220516_123116 (resized).jpg20220516_123116 (resized).jpg
#6224 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

I dug out a few "Choice" Rush Tour shirts for a recent Prog Cruise. I only wear for "Special Occasions." I picked ones that related to the Rush pinball machine for the cruise. I'm sure others have similar cool tour memorabilia. Here they are.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Time Machine was the best I think. Gettys voice was on point. R40 not so much but still blew me away.

#6225 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

The old switches are leaf switches. I've never seen a capacitor on a microswitch which is what we use now. They work differently, but I'm not an EE.
The issue is location, not speed. The ball is flying above the actuator and it is not depressing the switch. If you adjust it by bending it up, it will activate, but it can cause a ball trap.
Some of the solutions discussed above do slow the ball down, but that is to lower the ball trajectory, not to increase the time the switch is closed

I’m using a combination of the Ninja Camp loop mod and a magnetic switch from M&M Creations and mine is 100% now.

#6226 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

Conversely, I kept MET (only beat it 6 times) for 5 years and now as I play Rush, Im asking myself if Borg has bettered himself with Rush? Kinda makes me want to get MET back in the house and put it beside Rush!

I think Rush is just as good as the gold standard in music pins by Stern - AC/DC, MET and IMDN.

I think Rush is the spiritual successor to Metallica with the similarity to the multiple lit inserts at each shot. It has alot of nods and similarities to other games. Double scoop layout/position reminds me of RBION's, drop target bank + lock in inserts for MB is similar to TWD's bloodbath rules, LOTR ring magnet, Radical's diverter, AIQ's software guy and insane depth.

#6227 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me if my tilt bob is missing something? It does not appear to be connected to anything on the inside of the cabinet. Also it does not register when raised and shaking the pin.

#6228 1 year ago

One of my rare Rush concert t-shirts. This was personally given to me by Geddy. I was in the 2nd row for the Vapor Trails show in Albuquerque (August 21, 2002), and I had a couple of casts (arm, ankle) from a kart racing accident and was otherwise pretty banged up. But, I wasn't f*ing missing my Rush! I could barely stand, but I hobbled up and air guitared/drummed/sung along to every song. During the encore, Geddy grabbed this from the dryer, and motioned me up and handed me the t-shirt.

IMG_1498 (resized).JPGIMG_1498 (resized).JPGIMG_1500 (resized).JPGIMG_1500 (resized).JPG

#6229 1 year ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Can anyone tell me if my tilt bob is missing something? It does not appear to be connected to anything on the inside of the cabinet. Also it does not register when raised and shaking the machine. Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

One of the parts you need to connect is off to the side in your picture. The white one is the wire with the red crimped eyelet on it that's tucked away instead of hooked up. The black lead is probably around there, too.

The white one should be screwed to the loop bracket to the side of the bottom of the tilt bob (where the screw hole has no screw), and the black one to the top of the tilt bob, as in this pic...

tilt-bob (resized).jpgtilt-bob (resized).jpg

#6230 1 year ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Can anyone tell me if my tilt bob is missing something? It does not appear to be connected to anything on the inside of the cabinet. Also it does not register when raised and shaking the machine. Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

tilt (resized).jpgtilt (resized).jpg
#6231 1 year ago

Thank you for the help! I’ll take a closer look at the missing connectors soon. Appreciated

#6232 1 year ago
Quoted from murfe88:

[quoted image]

I just noticed this over the weekend too, and it threw me because I know that wasn't an option before. Very cool, it's like "achievement unlocked".

Though honestly, I don't think I'll choose it for regular gameplay -- I like having it unique to that wizard mode. Works so well.

Related note: I was never that crazy about CX-1 (the shrieking vocals late in the song had turned me off enough to avoid it and not give it a fair shake) but it's really grown on me, thanks to the great association with the fun & challenging pinball mode and cool animations!

a multi-stage battle mode where you have to "trade blows" with the Snow Dog and make enough shots to meet a minimum amount of progress in each section of the song to advance (bonuses for the amount you are ahead at the end of each section) and end up ahead at the end of the song to defeat the Snow Dog might create some mildly engaging gameplay, just sayin'...

This would be super cool. Could be done style wise like the battles in BKSoR, maybe you choose who to fight as/against.

#6233 1 year ago

Curious what’s the furthest you have time traveled. I got to 2052.

77FAB390-A6ED-45C2-8D67-8BC8DBCE9A60 (resized).jpeg77FAB390-A6ED-45C2-8D67-8BC8DBCE9A60 (resized).jpeg
#6234 1 year ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Curious what’s the furthest you have time traveled. I got to 2052.
[quoted image]

9077B401-7B17-4DEC-B0C7-9ECD2A7D4458 (resized).jpeg9077B401-7B17-4DEC-B0C7-9ECD2A7D4458 (resized).jpeg
#6235 1 year ago

(Not me, the space alien who comes home from school sometimes and nukes the games)

20220516_170927 (resized).jpg20220516_170927 (resized).jpg
#6236 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Don't be such a Grandpa Greg ha
I say DO IT
Somebody gotta be 1st

This is the grandpa rock game thread! GRANDPA 4 LIIIIIIIIFE!!!!!

#6237 1 year ago

Think I finally struck a deal for an LE - just cancelled my premium preorder.

#6238 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

You're going to love it!

#6239 1 year ago
Quoted from NJDevils30:

I have just had Node 10 fail on my premium. Middle of a game noticed the ramp was not going up. Shut the game off and noticed similar issue others have reported. Reached out to stern for help. Not sure what the cause is, this is essentially a bone stock game and is a newer build from 4/26. It does not have the ferrite from the factory, instead there is some sort of expansion board plugged into CN5.[quoted image]

Quoted from NJDevils30:

I have just had Node 10 fail on my premium. Middle of a game noticed the ramp was not going up. Shut the game off and noticed similar issue others have reported. Reached out to stern for help. Not sure what the cause is, this is essentially a bone stock game and is a newer build from 4/26. It does not have the ferrite from the factory, instead there is some sort of expansion board plugged into CN5.[quoted image]

Well add me to the list of Node 10 failures, I have a late April build and the same "expansion board on the connector" with no ferrite coil, game is 10 days old, so disappointing...

#6240 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

I’ve basically got my Rush, AC/DC & Met lined up together. They’re my rock dream trio. But now that I’ve played Rush a ton…if I had to streamline my collection, Rush would stay and the other two would go.

#6241 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

congrats. I almost sold mine this week then, I went and played 4 games straight. It really is fantastic and I took my ad down. This game really is something great.

#6242 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

It really is fantastic and I took my ad down. This game really is something great.

D5762BF9-81C0-4F6B-AAAE-789FEE59BBE2 (resized).jpegD5762BF9-81C0-4F6B-AAAE-789FEE59BBE2 (resized).jpeg

#6243 1 year ago

Now send me a buyer for my MM Royal!

#6244 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Let me know if you want to work on this together? I have done a bunch of changes to Aerosmith, LZ, IM, etc. Like to change up the three newer songs, album images, song name text and maybe some of the B/W video footage. Sometimes it takes a bit of effort to find the scenes in the code to make the required changes in.
Might be worth starting a new thread everyone can add their comments and changes achieved. Thanks.

Sounds like a great project, timing isnt good for me right now as work is very busy. If you want to pick it up in the summer, timing may work better. BTW, my PB work on Aerosmith and Met was mostly audio with the exception of changing the MET song names on the DMD.

#6245 1 year ago

Does anyone know why I would have 2 or 3 records lit but the red light on the time machine is not lit for a mode to start? I wasn’t in another mode or a multiball.

#6246 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

Sounds like a great project, timing isnt good for me right now as work is very busy. If you want to pick it up in the summer, timing may work better. BTW, my PB work on Aerosmith and Met was mostly audio with the exception of changing the MET song names on the DMD.

I am starting to work on it. I think the album images are stored in Scene 1 but can't seem to locate the song name text. I plan to update the black and white video to a HD concert footage. I know the purists won't be happy

#6247 1 year ago

LE #532 joining the club. Only took 7 plays for my scoop protector to start bending (Stern forked edition) but Ninjacamp mod arrived yesterday so installing those and the Sterm switch fix tonight. Fortunately I had read through most of this thread before I picked up my pin so I had all my mods ordered ahead of time - thanks everyone for sharing lessons learned here!

PXL_20220517_120203821 (resized).jpgPXL_20220517_120203821 (resized).jpg
#6248 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome shirts. I saw Rush in Tampa FL on 10/01/2010 and found that stop on your shirt. Last time I saw them perform with my better half.. Next to last show on that US tour. They were winding down that tour and still had a LOT of energy!

#6249 1 year ago

Would like to listen to any podcast with Ed Robertson talking about the making of this game. Any easy links for me?

Love this game. Felt guy, thank you! Ripping loops for points now.

I need more 2112 voice. We have assumed control. I need a setting where there are no fun and games with Alex and Geddy. Just pure stress from that voice. Counting down timers and shit. Like the Japanese setting on Godzilla. I love the Geddy and Alex call outs, but it would be cool to have a choice if they ever had time to do something like that.

Love this game as is.

#6250 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I need more 2112 voice. We have assumed control. I need a setting where there are no fun and games with Alex and Geddy. Just pure stress from that voice. Counting down timers and shit. Like the Japanese setting on Godzilla. I love the Geddy and Alex call outs, but it would be cool to have a choice if they ever had time to do something like that.
Love this game as is.

It does need more of The Voice. In between games it should say "Press start button to assume control" when the flipper button is pressed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

There are 17,893 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/125?hl=pbman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.