20240319_194051 (resized).jpg
IMG_5172 (resized).jpeg
20240313_124509 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_232015126 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230406999 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230353824 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230324405 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,840 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 357.
#6151 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Love Tom Petty also - I'm a huge 80's/90's rock music fan. Sad I had to sell my tickets to his last local show before he passed.

I love that the scene in Spinal Tap where they can't find their way to the stage is based on when Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers got high and couldn't find their way to the stage in real life.

#6152 1 year ago
Quoted from NJDevils30:

Stern has placed a warranty request for it with the parts department but indicated it could be a while and said to follow up with them 3-4 weeks if the replacement doesn’t arrive by then.

It was right at 1 month for me. New node 10 board is working fine.

#6153 1 year ago

Yeah, I would pay six dollars for that show! Even better, $5.50.

#6154 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It was right at 1 month for me. New node 10 board is working fine.

I expect similar since the email mentioned follow up in 3-4 weeks.

Did you continue to play the game with the failed board in place? I figure I can manually put the ramp in the upper position like the pro and keep playing not sure if I should disconnect power to Node 10 in the meantime. I haven’t really touched the game since it went down.

#6155 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Good advice. Just paid for Rush LE #799 today...will be delivered next week! Will sit right next to KISS
[quoted image]

…and Godzilla has BOC music!!! You’ve got a pin trilogy of sorts there!

#6156 1 year ago

Dammit this game can be so freaking frustrating at times. I'm currently going through a stretch where I'm lucky if I break 30m. I had one entire game where the lower flippers did not touch the ball once even with the ball save. (That should be an insider connected achievement right there.) I think I'm going to have to step away for a little bit before I break something.

#6157 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Flippers have been feeling pretty mushy lately early on in my sessions. Coil stops already, or is there a chance a 2-hour run the other night somehow damaged the coils longer term?

Coil stops and coil sleeves, check those first, would be good to replace with better stuff than what Stern supplies, and relatively cheap parts to replace.

It’s been noted and researched already, that the flippers will start hitting a mushy stage, after about 45-60 minutes of constant play. The coils get too warm, and the flippers will get weaker.

With that said, if the mushiness remains after the machine hasn’t been played for awhile, then yea check your stops and sleeves. That much heat and abuse, could’ve already caused issues with the low grade parts.

#6158 1 year ago

So, my Premium arrived yesterday afternoon, waiting on a few other items, then will unbox and set it up. I know it won’t be the only “time” I’ll be in the “machine”, but want to get most things done and addressed, before my first flip.

Haven’t watched any streams, haven’t played one in person yet, just been reading everyone’s stories/issues, and taking notes. I wasn’t supposed to get it until Aug/Sept this year, so a little ahead of schedule, and not fully prepared with all items I wanted to have on hand. I was planning on being patient and waiting, I can still hold to that, at least until the crucial items come in. Then it’s no holds barred, still can’t believe I have a Rush pin in our home.

They were my first concert & first NIB pin, the reason I got into performing music for so many years, and had such a long stint and desire performing.

This is going to be great!

1D8A7612-9A11-4A43-9D3E-9FA3E92006B8 (resized).jpeg1D8A7612-9A11-4A43-9D3E-9FA3E92006B8 (resized).jpeg
#6159 1 year ago

My Distributor Installed the updated scoop protector on my Pro today. It seems alright so far. Black rubber sides.

#6160 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Coil stops and coil sleeves, check those first, would be good to replace with better stuff than what Stern supplies, and relatively cheap parts to replace.
It’s been noted and researched already, that the flippers will start hitting a mushy stage, after about 45-60 minutes of constant play. The coils get too warm, and the flippers will get weaker.
With that said, if the mushiness remains after the machine hasn’t been played for awhile, then yea check your stops and sleeves. That much heat and abuse, could’ve already caused issues with the low grade parts.

You need to tighten the flipper link / pawl. They never tighten this assembly sufficient enough at the factory / part source where they get them.
You can tighten the piss out of it and not to worry, it won't bind up. Doing this tightening will reduce play and the timing delta of the flip pulse.

#6161 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:So, my Premium arrived yesterday afternoon, waiting on a few other items, then will unbox and set it up. I know it won’t be the only “time” I’ll be in the “machine”, but want to get most things done and addressed, before my first flip.
Haven’t watched any streams, haven’t played one in person yet, just been reading everyone’s stories/issues, and taking notes. I wasn’t supposed to get it until Aug/Sept this year, so a little ahead of schedule, and not fully prepared with all items I wanted to have on hand. I was planning on being patient and waiting, I can still hold to that, at least until the crucial items come in. Then it’s no holds barred, still can’t believe I have a Rush pin in our home.
They were my first concert & first NIB pin, the reason I got into performing music for so many years, and had such a long stint and desire performing.
This is going to be great![quoted image]

Hope you got the pinwoofer system and speaker light kit that’s a game changer sounds so good even better with a external sub. Ok use a few other mods out there.

#6162 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I love that the scene in Spinal Tap where they can't find their way to the stage is based on when Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers got high and couldn't find their way to the stage in real life.

Lol... I need to watch that movie again soon

#6163 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

Hope you got the pinwoofer system and speaker light kit that’s a game changer sounds so good even better with a external sub.

Do it - it's a music pin!

Finally got to play for the first time this AM. Threw a GoldenEar Forcefield 5 sub on the floor under it and added the Pinwoofer bass booster last night. Goodlawda'mighty, y'all, hello Mr. Geddy Lee! Seems to have worked OK for my son on his inaugural game! Guess dad has some work to do...

20220514_121123.jpg20220514_121123.jpg
#6164 1 year ago

Last night my scoop stopped firing. Turns out it wasn’t the switch but rather the plastic piece on my coil severed off. This is for the upper scoop. Any suggestions or comments on getting a new one is appreciated.

26A8738D-8F3E-4A92-A96D-7A2B7685598E (resized).jpeg26A8738D-8F3E-4A92-A96D-7A2B7685598E (resized).jpegC47E7DB8-2715-4224-AF3E-D20EC8688D65 (resized).jpegC47E7DB8-2715-4224-AF3E-D20EC8688D65 (resized).jpegF28A3CE1-CA87-472D-B865-6E9D3896D1E9 (resized).jpegF28A3CE1-CA87-472D-B865-6E9D3896D1E9 (resized).jpeg
#6165 1 year ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Any suggestions or comments on getting a new one is appreciated.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Email Stern support. They will send you out a new one. They've been very good with regard to replacing defective parts.

#6166 1 year ago

I know its been asked. Where is the bottom scoop suppossed to place the ball? Right flipper tip? Ever since i did ninja scoop its mostly sdtm(about half the time). I tried to adjust from below but didnt do anything.

#6167 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I know its been asked. Where is the bottom scoop suppossed to place the ball? Right flipper tip? Ever since i did ninja scoop its mostly sdtm(about half the time). I tried to adjust from below but didnt do anything.

Loosen scoop and twist it to the right as far as you can then tighten. If that doesn't help, add a flat washer under the 2 left side bolts to change the angle on the eject. Mine hits right flipper 99% now by doing both of these

#6168 1 year ago

If any of the designers read this, I would like to humbly request the game not auto launch if you miss the short plunge for the skill shot.

Its like a punishment for not plunging far enough where it drops to the upper flipper for the skill shot...itys really annoying IMO.

If you dont plunge far enough for the ball to drop to the flipper, but far enough where it rolls over the upper switch, then it cancels out the skill shot, which is fine, but even if the skill shot isnt an option after the miss, I still would like to plunge to the upper flipper and not have it go all the way to the pops. Currently you have to fight with the auto launch if you miss.

Just sayin...

#6169 1 year ago
Quoted from Skeets:

If any of the designers read this, I would like to humbly request the game not auto launch if you miss the short plunge for the skill shot.
Its like a punishment for not plunging far enough where it drops to the upper flipper for the skill shot...itys really annoying IMO.
If you dont plunge far enough for the ball to drop to the flipper, but far enough where it rolls over the upper switch, then it cancels out the skill shot, which is fine, but even if the skill shot isnt an option after the miss, I still would like to plunge to the upper flipper and not have it go all the way to the pops. Currently you have to fight with the auto launch if you miss.
Just sayin...

My sentiments exactly! Auto launch should be reserved solely for launching balls during multiball.

#6170 1 year ago
Quoted from Skeets:

Just sayin...

I like it, because it is a punishment! Muff the skill shot plunge and the game sends it around

#6171 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Mine hits about 1/3 to 1/2 up the right flipper. I often just deadflip to let it bounce over to the left one -- very often rolls up the inlane enough to light RtB too.

#6172 1 year ago

Can anyone help me out here? I installed the new subway switch stern sent along with the scoop protectors. I keep getting this operator alert. If I put the old switch back in everything works fine. Any ideas why I’m having this issue?

177D76EA-2000-40ED-9EED-E5197EF32D24 (resized).jpeg177D76EA-2000-40ED-9EED-E5197EF32D24 (resized).jpeg
#6173 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Can anyone help me out here? I installed the new subway switch stern sent along with the scoop protectors. I keep getting this operator alert. If I put the old switch back in everything works fine. Any ideas why I’m having this issue?
[quoted image]

Is the switch stuck closed? Remove the balls, lift the playfield and go into switch test. Make sure the switch is open and with something non-magnetic, move the actuator to close the switch. If it's closed, you may need to loosen the screws and adjust the bracket.

#6174 1 year ago

I’m sorry I haven’t been following things lately. But what is the benefit of installing this updated switch?

#6175 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

I’m sorry I haven’t been following things lately. But what is the benefit of installing this updated switch?

Reliably detects the ball. The original can end up with the ball not triggering the switch in certain situations.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6176 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

[quoted image]

If you go into switch test mode and manually trigger the switch does it register on the screen that it's been pressed?

#6177 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Loosen scoop and twist it to the right as far as you can then tighten. If that doesn't help, add a flat washer under the 2 left side bolts to change the angle on the eject. Mine hits right flipper 99% now by doing both of these

So you mean loosen the screws below and then go to the top of the playfield and twist the scoop to the right?

#6178 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

So you mean loosen the screws below and then go to the top of the playfield and twist the scoop to the right?

Yup. The ninja didn't affect it, scoop probably centered itself when you loosened it up. I know mine did

#6179 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

[quoted image]

I had this same error during this process and here’s how I got mine resolved. Like mentioned, I got into the switch test with the balls out and then placed a ball into the scoop. If nothing happens the take the scoop out along with new switch. You want the switch situated so a light hit from the ball in the subway triggers it. Usually a slight bend in the contact will help. Took me some trial and error while listening for the click of the switch. Watch for the play in the contact and it could dust be drooping too far from the contact.

#6180 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yup. The ninja didn't affect it, scoop probably centered itself when you loosened it up. I know mine did

Ok thanks. Mostly good now its not 100%. Also ejecting a lot slower now.

#6181 1 year ago

Does anyone know why this keeps happening? Usually, two or three times per game. The game is leveled at the specified 6.5 degree pitch, maybe a little more. It gets a little annoying after a while.

IMG_1993 (resized).jpgIMG_1993 (resized).jpg
#6182 1 year ago

I know I've seen others mention this, but it's only happened to me ONCE in about 200+ games. It was during a multiball, so I just launched one at it on my next opportunity, and didn't give it another thought.

It would appear that the distance from the ramp to the TM entrance can vary, based on this not happening to everyone, so it seems there must be a way to shorten up that space? Maybe loosen and move the ramp mechanism AND the TM mechanism closer to each other? That's all I can think off off the top of my head.

Another thought: I believe there are settings in the service menu for the ramp bias. You should be able to adjust up/down to prevent this from happening.

#6183 1 year ago

Just got my Rush LE - love it!

Everything seems to play well but I have noticed a few times when I shoot the upper left orbit with the VUK, it sometimes bounces back at me instead of going in the hole and ejecting into the ramp. Anyone seen that behavior and have a fix?

I'll need to start reading this thread to figure out what else needs fixing - and to learn how to play. So far I'm loving it!

#6184 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

Another thought: I believe there are settings in the service menu for the ramp bias. You should be able to adjust up/down to prevent this from happening.

There is a bias adjustment. The problem is if you adjust the ramp to keep this from happening, subsequent balls that hit the rubber nubs at the end of the ramp push the ramp down to the point its too low. There's no gear box between the ramp and motor so it doesn't take much to push the ramp down. You either have a ball hang up between the ramp and magnet, or you risk pushing the ramp down with ball hits. There needs to be some sort of lip under the entrance to the time machine to fill the gap. Ninjacamp to the rescue???

#6185 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Dammit this game can be so freaking frustrating at times. I'm currently going through a stretch where I'm lucky if I break 30m. I had one entire game where the lower flippers did not touch the ball once even with the ball save. (That should be an insider connected achievement right there.) I think I'm going to have to step away for a little bit before I break something.

Glad it's not just me! Lately my scores have been pathetic... I'll score a few hundred mill then have a stretch of games around 30m.

#6186 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

There is a bias adjustment. The problem is if you adjust the ramp to keep this from happening, subsequent balls that hit the rubber nubs at the end of the ramp push the ramp down to the point its too low. There's no gear box between the ramp and motor so it doesn't take much to push the ramp down. You either have a ball hang up between the ramp and magnet, or you risk pushing the ramp down with ball hits. There needs to be some sort of lip under the entrance to the time machine to fill the gap. Ninjacamp to the rescue???

This is the gap on my ramp.

IMG_1998(Edited) (resized).jpgIMG_1998(Edited) (resized).jpg
#6187 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Everything seems to play well but I have noticed a few times when I shoot the upper left orbit with the VUK, it sometimes bounces back at me instead of going in the hole and ejecting into the ramp. Anyone seen that behavior and have a fix?
I'll need to start reading this thread to figure out what else needs fixing - and to learn how to play. So far I'm loving it!

NinjaCamp has a fix for the VUK, and it works perfectly, in my experience. Got to get you some of that!

#6188 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I put some weather strip foam at the back to deaden the ball.

Make sure you put mylar back there too.

#6189 1 year ago
Quoted from Ten31:

This is the gap on my ramp.[quoted image]

wow 1/2 inch is like the grand canyon .I rarely have a ball stuck on mine but after seeing your photo I will need to check mine.

#6190 1 year ago
Quoted from Ten31:

Does anyone know why this keeps happening? Usually, two or three times per game. The game is leveled at the specified 6.5 degree pitch, maybe a little more. It gets a little annoying after a while.
[quoted image]

Is it during a multi ball and there is already a ball held in the magnet ?

The one here has a 9.5mm gap to the ramp ( 5/8" in funny money measurements ).

#6191 1 year ago
Quoted from Ten31:

I emailed stern about this - they said the Time Machine can be moved forward which should eliminate that ball trap. I will try this on my machine and report back with which screws you need to loosen to do this.

#6192 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

Is it during a multi ball and there is already a ball held in the magnet ?
The one here has a 9.5mm gap to the ramp ( 5/8" in funny money measurements ).

It can happen in multi-ball more often (more balls) but I'm not usually looking up to see it happen. I've had it happen without multi-ball though. Sounds like there's an adjustment that can be made to lessen the gap.

#6193 1 year ago
Quoted from Ten31:

This is the gap on my ramp.[quoted image]

Wow! That gap is huge. No wonder you're getting balls stuck there.

#6194 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Wow! That gap is huge. No wonder you're getting balls stuck there.

That’s what she said....?

#6195 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

That’s what she said....?

Its amazing that took 23 minutes. Heh

#6196 1 year ago

Changed mind. Keeping rush

#6197 1 year ago

Best deal I’ve seen in a long ass time I’d be on my way but I have one .

#6198 1 year ago

Great news for those wanting to replace some songs on their Rush pins, Pinball Browser now works on the Rush v0.93 code! Will try to replace YYZ and upload a video of the progress.

#6199 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Best deal I’ve seen in a long ass time I’d be on my way but I have one .

oops, thank you! lol
I added up the mods and forgot to adjust the price then forgot to hit save. Fixed. Still a great deal IMO.

#6200 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Great news for those wanting to replace some songs on their Rush pins, Pinball Browser now works on the Rush v0.93 code! Will try to replace YYZ and upload a video of the progress.

I'd love to see them add In The Mood....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rehoboth Beach, DE
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Rubber/Silicone
NinjaCamp Mods
Rubber/Silicone
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
8,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, NH
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,840 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 357.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/124?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.